PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Sanders: Gang of Eight Bill is an 'Attempt to Attract Cheap Labor

txtebow
06-05-2013, 06:44 PM
The Uber wealthy get to fatten their bottom line and the DEMS get to increase their voting block--and the majority of what used to be America's middle class get the shaft.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/may-29-2013/sen-sanders-gang-eight-bill-attempt-attract-cheap-labor.html

"In 2007, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) voted against amnesty for illegal aliens. Last Friday, in an interivew with the Washington Post, he expressed major concern with the Gang of Eight's bill after it was passed by the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Sen. Sanders was reacting specifcally to the last-minute deal made by the Gang of Eight and Republican Senator Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) that would provide massive increases to the tech guest-worker program and weaken protections for American workers. But Sanders also expressed several other areas of concern within in the bill.

My concerns are in regards to where we stand in terms of guest workers programs, made worse by amendments offered by Senator Hatch. What I do not support is, under the guise of immigrant reform, a process pushed by large corporations which results in more unemployment and lower wages for American workers. " :strong:

txtebow
06-05-2013, 06:49 PM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2013/05/06/david-frum-a-nonsense-consensus-on-immigration.html

"For most Americans, the dominant economic fact of the past 15 years has been the deteriorating market for their labor. They must work longer and harder for less pay and fewer benefits. And since the financial crisis of 2008, many have found it difficult to get work at all. Unemployment still exceeds 7 percent even as we approach the fifth anniversary of the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy; nearly half of recent college graduates are unemployed or underemployed.

Yet from the point of view of some Americans, labor remains too costly. American wagesóalthough no longer anything like the highest in the worldóremain considerably higher than elsewhere on the planet, even after adjusting for productivity differentials. People earn more than they otherwise might, just by the accident of being American."

ghwk
06-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Oh F**K you are back.

PermaBan fail.

txtebow
06-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Oh **** you are back.

PermaBan fail.

Indeed Glory Hole WorKer,
Yes, my last ban was due to me posting a link to a youtube video channel that was the McDonald's version of "$h*t you see at Walmart"....for some, the REALITY of life in America today was too much to bare witness to via un-rehearsed NON-PC video(cell phone video isn't kind to politically correct truisms) and their politically correct panties became ruffled to the point of feeling inclined to banning me for 30 days. Pure Class.

Requiem
06-05-2013, 08:03 PM
You were banned for being a race baiting turd.

ghwk
06-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Indeed Glory Hole WorKer,
Yes, my last ban was due to me posting a link to a youtube video channel that was the McDonald's version of "$h*t you see at Walmart"....for some, the REALITY of life in America today was too much to bare witness to via un-rehearsed NON-PC video(cell phone video isn't kind to politically correct truisms) and their politically correct panties became ruffled to the point of feeling inclined to banning me for 30 days. Pure Class.

Oh hey neat personal attack on your 3rd post. Classy as always. Ban hammer please.

txtebow
06-06-2013, 06:12 AM
You were banned for being a race baiting turd.

Un-rehearsed cell phone videos of anti social behavior stretching the entire span of this great nation and for which there is an ENTIRE YOUTUBE CHANNEL DEDICATED TO IT is not race bating. The overreaction by some on this site is quite telling.

"There is not a truth existing which I fear or would wish unknown to the whole world."--Thomas Jefferson.

Think about it you cowards.