PDA

View Full Version : Serves him (her or them) right....

orinjkrush
05-15-2013, 05:46 AM
This thread is dedicated to poetic justice. Post examples of where you think someone has been given his/her/their comeuppance with particular irony.

As an example: Boehner's new son-in-law.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRtv0SwzhCCSP0oOJujPwr5ltfOxk8J ToVJRjEZ0pW06gEyoQ2

Jetmeck
05-15-2013, 06:57 AM
Oh hell no, no way that is enough for old Boehner.....the obstuctionist bastard

DarkHorse30
05-15-2013, 07:54 AM
Obama - transparency

Yes, Barack, we could see through you from the beginning.

errand
05-15-2013, 08:03 AM
the people who voted for Barack Obama finding out that even their taxes were raised to pay for their "free" health care.... which they're also finding out is not "free". also all of the other Obama supporters who are getting their hours cut at work because their employers cannot afford to pay the new cost of Obamacare.

spdirty
05-15-2013, 08:20 AM
the people who voted for Barack Obama finding out that even their taxes were raised to pay for their "free" health care.... which they're also finding out is not "free". also all of the other Obama supporters who are getting their hours cut at work because their employers cannot afford to pay the new cost of Obamacare.

America gets the government it deserves. Just the fact that the guy got reelected 2 months after the Benghazi attacks should tell us all we need to know about the state of this country today.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-15-2013, 08:28 AM

If you thought the healthcare law was going to be "free" for anyone, you're ****ing dumber than I thought.

That's REALLY dumb.

Is it less-expensive long-term? Yeah, it is. Cry more.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-15-2013, 08:28 AM
America gets the government it deserves. Just the fact that the guy got reelected 2 months after the Benghazi attacks should tell us all we need to know about the state of this country today.

BENGHAZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIII111!!!!!1!!!!ONE!11!!!! !ELEVEN!!1!!!!

Requiem
05-15-2013, 08:29 AM

It more or less means that the Republicans fielded yet another turd for the General Election and got destroyed because of it.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-15-2013, 09:03 AM

Libs are funny. When there is no suck up answer to the pathetic scandals this is the kind of response you get.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Libs are funny. When there is no suck up answer to the pathetic scandals this is the kind of response you get.

Its some scandal that republicans created (because with the economy on the bend and nothing to really discuss, we need scandals!) that most people just don't care about. Moving on.

Bigdawg26
05-15-2013, 09:07 AM
Even conservatives have got to admit this is pretty ironic! He must have been a fly in a bowl of buttermilk at the wedding! lol

spdirty
05-15-2013, 09:09 AM

Yeah the (D)s are in charge now. So, nothing to see here, move along. But Valerie Plame though, that's a much worse scandal. Almost as bad as Watergate, and all the people that died in th...oh wait....

bronco militia
05-15-2013, 09:10 AM

come on bro...it was that youtube vid that pissed off those Arabs. we had it coming

:cuss:

sisterhellfyre
05-15-2013, 09:13 AM

I dunno, Jetmeck, I think just being named "Boner" might be payback enough.

spdirty
05-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Its some scandal that republicans created (because with the economy on the bend and nothing to really discuss, we need scandals!) that most people just don't care about. Moving on.

Yeah Benghazi, the IRS scandal, the AP scandal...it's all another vast right wing conspiracy!!!! They made it all up!!!! All our president does is hang out on the golf course, hold campaign rallies, and hold celebrity parties...he doesn't have time for scandals right?!?!?

Requiem
05-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Yeah Benghazi, the IRS scandal, the AP scandal...it's all another vast right wing conspiracy!!!! They made it all up!!!!

And only the former actually is legitimate. Though, I wouldn't expect someone who gets their information from the television to actually investigate the matters themselves. (And people wonder why America has one of the most uneducated, uninvolved electorates in the world.)

SonOfLe-loLang
05-15-2013, 09:19 AM
Yeah Benghazi, the IRS scandal, the AP scandal...it's all another vast right wing conspiracy!!!! They made it all up!!!! All our president does is hang out on the golf course, hold campaign rallies, and hold celebrity parties...he doesn't have time for scandals right?!?!?

I'm not saying that some of it isn't justified, i just think its a result of nothing else going on. Cheney saying **** like benghazi is one of the biggest injustices or our time or whatever? C'mon. For whatever reason, America seems to be dying for a scandal right now.

spdirty
05-15-2013, 09:20 AM
And only the former actually is legitimate. Though, I wouldn't expect someone who gets their information from the television to actually investigate the matters themselves. (And people wonder why America has one of the most uneducated, uninvolved electorates in the world.)

Everyone chooses the filter from which they get their news. Objective journalism is dead, if it even ever existed.

Requiem
05-15-2013, 09:20 AM
I'm not saying that some of it isn't justified, i just think its a result of nothing else going on. Cheney saying **** like benghazi is one of the biggest injustices or our time or whatever? C'mon. For whatever reason, America seems to be dying for a scandal right now.

Dick Cheney? The same guy who should be tried for war crimes and shot someone in a hunting accident? Lol.

DenverDynamite
05-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Not including Baghdad there were 13 fatal embassy attacks during the Bush administration and yet Benghazi is this monster scandal? Please.

spdirty
05-15-2013, 09:22 AM

Well if America is dying for a scandal, we now have at least 3 to choose from.

spdirty
05-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Not including Baghdad there were 13 fatal embassy attacks during the Bush administration and yet Benghazi is this monster scandal? Please.

Why don't you pay better attention to what happened at Benghazi, rather than lumping it into every other time someone throws a rock at an embassy building. How many ambassadors died during the other attacks? How big a lie did Bush tell in the aftermath of those other attacks?

Requiem
05-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Everyone chooses the filter from which they get their news. Objective journalism is dead, if it even ever existed.

And why would anyone choose to get their news from the television?

HILife
05-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Here you go

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yyr2gEouEMM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

spdirty
05-15-2013, 09:32 AM
And why would anyone choose to get their news from the television?

I don't know...but some choose to get their news from bill maher, or the evening news, or the radio, or the Sunday morning shows, or even the comedy central clowns. A lot of choices out there, and people choose the filter and bias that suits them.

Bronco Yoda
05-15-2013, 09:33 AM

HA!!!!!!!!

Just wait 'til they have kids. I hope they have a dozen happy & healthy little dreadlocked Rastafarians.

The gift that will keep on giving...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/24/article-2314065-195F5D1D000005DC-34_634x458.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-15-2013, 09:33 AM
So 39% of the people who think BENGHAZZIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!I!I!I!!!!!!!11!!!!!! is a worse scandal than Watergate CANNOT LOCATE BENGHAZI ON A ****ING MAP.

And you expect us to take your outrage seriously? GTFO.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Why don't you pay better attention to what happened at Benghazi, rather than lumping it into every other time someone throws a rock at an embassy building. How many ambassadors died during the other attacks? How big a lie did Bush tell in the aftermath of those other attacks?

During the presidency of George W. Bush, there were 12 attacks on U.S. embassies, resulting in 53 deaths. Were they all ambassadors? No. Is an ambassador's life worth more than another American's life?

If so, why?

SonOfLe-loLang
05-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Well if America is dying for a scandal, we now have at least 3 to choose from.

Its a good sign for the economy. As much as I can't stand the right wing machine, i don't think they are stupid. If you keep bringing "scandals" to the forefront, it'll limit the power of the president because he'll have to deal with them. Now that they can't shove their economic bs down our throats anymore, this is their course of action. Banghazi is not a scandal. It only is because right wing news won't shut up about it.

Tombstone RJ
05-15-2013, 09:38 AM
So 39% of the people who think BENGHAZZIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!I!I!I!!!!!!!11!!!!!! is a worse scandal than Watergate CANNOT LOCATE BENGHAZI ON A ****ING MAP.

And you expect us to take your outrage seriously? GTFO.

I think it bears a full investigation, especially if the whitehouse tried to mislead the public. If there is a cover up, then yes, there should be consequences.

ColoradoDarin
05-15-2013, 09:41 AM
What kind of douchebag goes after someone's son/daughter?

Well, at least we have a few answers to that question here in the thread...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-15-2013, 09:45 AM
What kind of douchebag goes after someone's son/daughter?

Well, at least we have a few answers to that question here in the thread...

We have some other answers too. Like when Rush Limbaugh called 13 year old Chelsea Clinton "the White House dog." You know, because she deserved it.

Drunk Monkey
05-15-2013, 09:47 AM
In before the

http://clinicestetica.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/245x184.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
I think it bears a full investigation, especially if the whitehouse tried to mislead the public. If there is a cover up, then yes, there should be consequences.

That's fine, and I'm with you. Frankly, I'd much rather see an investigation into Eric Holder and whatever the **** he's doing right now, but I'm down with an honest and open investigation of Benghazi.

What I'm NOT down with is trying this case in the media using out-and-out lies and total fabrications and the right-wing moron echo chamber as "the investigation."

Bigdawg26
You know it's down time in the offseason when these political threads come up! Although, I must admit I had NO idea there were this many conservatives in Colorado. I thought it was mainly a liberal area.

ColoradoDarin
05-15-2013, 09:49 AM
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:426238" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-may-13-2013/barack-trek--into-darkness">The Daily Show with Jon Stewart</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href='http://www.comedycentral.com/indecision'>Indecision Political Humor</a>,<a href='http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></p></div></div>

ColoradoDarin
05-15-2013, 09:50 AM
We have some other answers too. Like when Rush Limbaugh called 13 year old Chelsea Clinton "the White House dog." You know, because she deserved it.

Yep, Rush is a d-bag. Did you expect an argument from me about that?

So congrats - you're as big of a douchebag as Rush Limbaugh.

TheReverend
05-15-2013, 09:50 AM

...Did someone defend Rush Limbaugh?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Yep, Rush is a d-bag. Did you expect an argument from me about that?

So congrats - you're as big of a douchebag as Rush Limbaugh.

How's that now? Who did I call a dog? Whose child did I insult?

Top drawer arguing skills, big fella.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-15-2013, 10:00 AM

Colorado Darin said: "What kind of a douchebag goes after someone's son/daughter?"

I gave him an example.

It's really not all that difficult to follow.

Requiem
05-15-2013, 10:11 AM
During the presidency of George W. Bush, there were 12 attacks on U.S. embassies, resulting in 53 deaths. Were they all ambassadors? No. Is an ambassador's life worth more than another American's life?

If so, why?

Well to be fair for arguments sake, very few of those deaths (from what I've researched) were U.S. citizens.

However, a U.S. diplomat was one of those killed on the Karachi strike (was purposely targeted) in March of 2006.

I think the argument in regards to Benghazi comes from the refusal to be truthful as to what the attack was and why it was orchestrated, and moreover, the subsequent cover-up that ensued afterwards. The handling of this issue from the Administration through the intelligence ranks was just awful. I am not sure other legitimate parallels can be made to the embassies that were attacked in Bush's tenure.

FWIW, I don't know how many of those were investigated and what was found from them either.

Tombstone RJ
05-15-2013, 10:16 AM
In before the

BOOOSH!

Jetmeck
05-15-2013, 10:33 AM

Your a gawd damn liar...no tax raised for health care.

You low life

Jetmeck
05-15-2013, 10:37 AM

Heh numb nutz............if anything ever for as long as I live actually comes from any of this BS stirred up from the right wing I got a hundred bucks Paypal for each and every one of you stupid ****s who should have their parents slapped for bringing up fools................

I don't back down from my bets like others here.............

Requiem
05-15-2013, 10:40 AM

And most others here don't put large purchases on credit cards they can't afford while collecting unemployment. Zing!

broncocalijohn
05-15-2013, 10:43 AM
Nice roll on politics. Everyone can read this one and laugh their ass off on poetic justice: (Warning: it has nothing to do with politics. Just b****es who got ****ed by their own doing)

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/nov/17/news/mn-34537

Ex-Wife Loses Big in This Game of Chance
Law: Woman hid her Lotto win from husband and quickly divorced him. Judge says she must let him have all $1.3 million.
November 17, 1999|ANN W. O'NEILL | TIMES STAFF WRITER

During his 25 years of marriage, Thomas Rossi never saw a marriage counselor, never strayed and never doubted a relationship so close that he shared an electric toothbrush with his wife, he said.

Then Denise Rossi shocked him by demanding a divorce. And she wanted it in a hurry.

Now he knows why: On Dec. 28, 1996--just 11 days before she filed for divorce--Denise Rossi won $1.3 million in the California Lottery.

Ads by Google
Bulk Liquidation Auctions
Check Out The Latest Auctions From Walmart, Sam's & More. Pallets Only
sourcing.bstocksolutions.com
She told no one in her divorce case, and Monday her secret caught up with her. A Los Angeles family court judge ruled that she had violated state asset disclosure laws and awarded her lottery winnings to her ex-husband. Every penny.

Superior Court Judge Richard Denner determined that she acted out of fraud or malice. He based his decision on a deposition in which Denise Rossi admitted that she concealed her winnings because she didn't want her ex-husband "getting his hands on" them.

"Moral of story: It pays to be honest from the beginning," said Marc Lerner, attorney for the 65-year-old jilted husband.

Lerner said tears rolled from his client's eyes when Denner announced his ruling in court. For her part, Denise Rossi, 49, said she was stunned and is contemplating her next legal move.

Read rest on link above.

Jetmeck
05-15-2013, 10:51 AM
And most others here don't put large purchases on credit cards they can't afford while collecting unemployment. Zing!

Whose on unemployment ? I had a shoulder fixed months ago and

got payed while I rehabbed......piss off you union hating asshats ?

Get your facts straight you republican a-hole............

I could buy and sell you all day long.................I got 10 grand just

in my checking............**** off fool.

Rest of you see a pattern here with typical republican right wingers.........just make stuff up including here.

Tombstone RJ
05-15-2013, 10:52 AM
lol

broncocalijohn
05-15-2013, 11:28 AM
While I put a post (and link) that has nothing to do with politics, I do love when Jetmeck gets so crazy with his Pro-union stand even when it hasn't been brought up. I hope Jetmeck never critiques a staunch pro-gun guy because the hypocrisy would be flowing big time.

I pretty much hate unions (my wife's teacher union is a complete joke. Nothing like protecting child molesters by tenure) but I love the rants by Jetmeck. The passion and craziness combined is completely awesome.

Tombstone RJ
05-15-2013, 11:37 AM

Rest of you see a pattern here with typical republican right wingers.........just make stuff up including here.

how old are you? seriously.

ghwk
05-15-2013, 11:57 AM

So far this is the only post I think is worth quoting.

Kaylore
05-15-2013, 12:22 PM
So far this is the only post I think is worth quoting.

http://replygif.net/i/967.gif

Quoydogs
05-15-2013, 12:25 PM
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:tosh.comedycentral.com:d3c5fe27-a06a-46b8-9df8-a586f1bcd26f" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b>Tosh.0</b><br/>Get More: <a href='http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips'>Tosh.0 Videos</a>,<a href='http://tosh.comedycentral.com/'>Daniel Tosh</a>,<a href='http://tosh.comedycentral.com/segments/web-redemption/'>Web Redemption</a></p></div></div>:

gyldenlove
05-15-2013, 12:31 PM

I did, Rush is a gentleman and a scholar. Probably the only living human being I would put in the company of great statesmen and philosophers like Churchill, Kant, Sartre, Lincoln...

spdirty
05-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Heh numb nutz............if anything ever for as long as I live actually comes from any of this BS stirred up from the right wing I got a hundred bucks Paypal for each and every one of you stupid ****s who should have their parents slapped for bringing up fools................

LOL

spdirty
05-15-2013, 12:39 PM

Go take another Oxy so you can really tell us off. What we really need is some ALL CAPS SO WE CAN REALLY UNDERSTAND YOUR BRILLIANCE.

Requiem
05-15-2013, 12:42 PM

Your grammar is a combination of braille, morse code and ASCII art. Congratulations.

(P.S., a night with me costs $50,000. . . love you short time.)

rugbythug
05-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Did jetmeck just assault someone's intelligence? Awesome

Tim
05-15-2013, 12:45 PM

Hilarious! Not very many things I read make me laugh but this got me.

spdirty
05-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Did jetmeck just assault someone's intelligence? Awesome

His Union approved government meds come in on Wednesdays...So there you go.

Pony Boy
05-15-2013, 12:48 PM

No this the standard response

broncocalijohn
05-15-2013, 12:49 PM

So just to bring everyone to current status:
1) bought a $5k tv for $2k
2) bought it on a credit card with a low APR
3) purchased it from a non union store
4) store that he purchased it from gives money to non union politicians and political groups
5) Devin, who would have got the commission from Jetmeck, had to clock out 5 minutes before his final decision to purchase the 55 inch tv (that was put together in a sweat shop in Asia) because of Obamacare and the unnamed retail store is cutting back everyone's hours to part time status of 28 per week. Instead, Patrick gets the commission from all the hard work Devin put into the sale.
6) Paid $20 to an illegal alien with a non registered truck to drive it to his home. Ran into a parked car but Jetmeck yelled, "Ondelay" and "Vamos" to his Mexican driver to get the **** out of there.
6) HAD $10K IN THE BANK AND COULD HAVE PAID CASH FOR THIS GIFT TO HIMSELF!
7) There are millions of starving kids and parents in Africa that could enjoy a nice bowl of rice but instead, Jetmeck is laying around on a fake injury claim fought for by his union watching reality TV and MSNBC on a ridiculous purchase.

Did I get it correct?

Requiem
05-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Hilarious! Not very many things I read make me laugh but this got me.

Honestly was one of the funniest rants I have read here in a while. It was a formula that called for a little Mock (RIP), mixed with a little bit of Ambien, six cans of Surge and some ADHD medication.

DarkHorse30
05-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Obama's a liar and his minions respect him for it......for the greater good.

and.....and.......and......

it's STILL Bush's fault!!! laughable

when are you idiots going to put on your manpants and take responsibility for your errors? Hypocrites

Requiem
05-15-2013, 01:05 PM
G.O.A.T.
Back to Back Electoral College Champion

http://www.artofobama.com/wp-content/uploads/2106/obama-ascii.png

Pony Boy
05-15-2013, 01:08 PM

WTF are you talking about everybody knew Monica Lewinsky was "the White House Dog".

spdirty
05-15-2013, 01:10 PM
7) There are millions of starving kids and parents in Africa that could enjoy a nice bowl of rice but instead, Jetmeck is laying around on a fake injury claim fought for by his union watching reality TV and MSNBC on a ridiculous purchase.

LOL I can't wait till he reads this. We'll probably get some pics.

Pony Boy
05-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Your a gawd damn liar...no tax raised for health care.

You low life

You do realize the ACA mandate was declared a tax .......right?

Pony Boy
05-15-2013, 01:26 PM
I could buy and sell you all day long.................I got 10 grand just in my checking............**** off fool.

Just curious but why would you have 10 grand in your checking unless you were planning on making a major purchase that day. I can write any size check I want and my bank will automatically cover it from some of my other funds.

DenverDynamite
05-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Obama's a liar and his minions respect him for it......for the greater good.

and.....and.......and......

it's STILL Bush's fault!!! laughable

when are you idiots going to put on your manpants and take responsibility for your errors? Hypocrites

As someone who generally supports Obama I'll just say I'm sure mistakes have been made. I don't support what is going on with the AP scandal, if true, itís complete bulls*t and it should lead to some resignations, and, I'm sure in regards to the Libyan attack things could have been handled better. All presidents make mistakes and any intellectually honest person will agree that one can never blindly support any leader.
That said, with the standards you clearly hold Obama to you must be SEARING with anger still over the gross intelligence blunders the Bush Administration made in the months before 9/11 and the outright LIES that were told leading up to the invasion of Iraq in 2003. Those mistakes/lies didnít lead to the deaths of a handful of Americans they lead to the deaths of THOUSANDS! If not, Iíd rethink calling anyone a hypocrite and maybe consider trying on a pair of Ďman pantsí yourself.

Tombstone RJ
05-15-2013, 01:58 PM
As someone who generally supports Obama I'll just say I'm sure mistakes have been made. I don't support what is going on with the AP scandal, if true, itís complete bulls*t and it should lead to some resignations, and, I'm sure in regards to the Libyan attack things could have been handled better. All presidents make mistakes and any intellectually honest person will agree that one can never blindly support any leader.
That said, with the standards you clearly hold Obama to you must be SEARING with anger still over the gross intelligence blunders the Bush Administration made in the months before 9/11 and the outright LIES that were told leading up to the invasion of Iraq in 2003. Those mistakes/lies didnít lead to the deaths of a handful of Americans they lead to the deaths of THOUSANDS! If not, Iíd rethink calling anyone a hypocrite and maybe consider trying on a pair of Ďman pantsí yourself.

The difference is that Bush had the support of a democratic congress and yes, other nations. While it was a cluster, it was still not a secret and while intelligence was ignored, or loosely interpreted, Bush was not alone in the 2003 invasion.

So yes, it was a joke but not really the same thing. And again, quit using the Bush Administration as a diversion. That was 10 years ago and it bears absolutely no relation to this latest fiasco by BO.

DarkHorse30
05-15-2013, 02:05 PM

So.....mistakes are ok when it's my guy in office, and of course everybody makes mistakes, but that Iraq thing....

..... it's ALL Bush's fault. Still.....laughable. It always boils down to "but look what Bush did..." as an EXCUSE for ANY behavior.

What you fail to see is that I didn't support Bush. I thought he was a hand-holder and I don't believe that is a way to govern. I support taking RESPONSIBILITY for your actions. If you preach it, and you don't do it, you are a hypocrite.

I also believe in LIMITING Gov't.

President Drone-bama is commited to going in the opposite direction, WHILE limiting free speech, AND enforcing rules for his citizens in a partisan manner. Sounds like a dick-tater to me, but he probably should change his party. National Socialist sounds about right for him.

DenverDynamite
05-15-2013, 02:11 PM
The difference is that Bush had the support of a democratic congress and yes, other nations. While it was a cluster, it was still not a secret and while intelligence was ignored, or loosely interpreted, Bush was not alone in the 2003 invasion.

So yes, it was a joke but not really the same thing. And again, quit using the Bush Administration as a diversion. That was 10 years ago and it bears absolutely no relation to this latest fiasco by BO.

Sorry, wrong - first of all, in 2003 there was no Democratic Congress, both houses were firmly in control by the Republicans. The Democrats in the house and the senate who did go along with the war were sold the same faulty intelligence of WMD's that the UN was BY THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION. I'm not using the mass failings of the Bush administration as a diversion, I'm simply asking for intellectual honesty when assessing Obama's or his administration's mistakes.

DenverDynamite
05-15-2013, 02:14 PM
So.....mistakes are ok when it's my guy in office, and of course everybody makes mistakes, but that Iraq thing....

..... it's ALL Bush's fault. Still.....laughable. It always boils down to "but look what Bush did..." as an EXCUSE for ANY behavior.

What you fail to see is that I didn't support Bush. I thought he was a hand-holder and I don't believe that is a way to govern. I support taking RESPONSIBILITY for your actions. If you preach it, and you don't do it, you are a hypocrite.

I also believe in LIMITING Gov't.

President Drone-bama is commited to going in the opposite direction, WHILE limiting free speech, AND enforcing rules for his citizens in a partisan manner. Sounds like a dick-tater to me, but he probably should change his party. National Socialist sounds about right for him.

Iraq wasn't a mistake - it was a delibrate lie, a massive money grab that led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands. BIG difference.

Tombstone RJ
05-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Sorry, wrong - first of all, in 2003 there was no Democratic Congress, both houses were firmly in control by the Republicans. The Democrats in the house and the senate who did go along with the war were sold the same faulty intelligence of WMD's that the UN was BY THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION. I'm not using the mass failings of the Bush administration as a diversion, I'm simply asking for intellectual honesty when assessing Obama's or his administration's mistakes.

ok, so it was a republican majority with democratic support. Congress has independent access to intelligence broseff. Quit using this crap as a diversion.

DenverDynamite
05-15-2013, 02:22 PM
ok, so it was a republican majority with democratic support. Congress has independent access to intelligence broseff. Quit using this crap as a diversion.

That isn't very helpful when the cooked intelligence is coming from the same sources and falling on the eyes of a very partison congress and admitedly a lot of post 911 pussyfooting from the Democrats. And it isn't crap, I admited my guy is FAR from perfect, and yet I rarely come across a Republican that seems to awknowledge any American history that took place from 2001-2008.

DarkHorse30
05-15-2013, 02:32 PM
That isn't very helpful when the cooked intelligence is coming from the same sources and falling on the eyes of a very partison congress and admitedly a lot of post 911 p***Yfooting from the Democrats. And it isn't crap, I admited my guy is FAR from perfect, and yet I rarely come across a Republican that seems to awknowledge any American history that took place from 2001-2008.

......my guy makes forgiveable mistakes.....BUSH BUSH BUSH.

Tombstone RJ
05-15-2013, 02:35 PM
That isn't very helpful when the cooked intelligence is coming from the same sources and falling on the eyes of a very partison congress and admitedly a lot of post 911 p***Yfooting from the Democrats. And it isn't crap, I admited my guy is FAR from perfect, and yet I rarely come across a Republican that seems to awknowledge any American history that took place from 2001-2008.

whatever, point being that this latest fiasco under the current administration is just one in a line of stupid or grossly incompitent policy from the whitehouse. Eric Holder is a joke. He should have been fired years ago. The Fast and the Furious crap alone should have got him kicked to the curb. Now we have the IRS in a dubious position where they are selectively auditing based on a political agenda.

LOL

So, quick summary of BOs jokedness:

1. Fast & Furious where arms were sold to drug dealers resulting in a federal agent's death and gun laws being changed (2nd amendment).

2. IRS selectively auditing based on partisan politics.

3. Benghazi and the apparent cover up.

4. Drone strikes

5. Monitoring of AP (1st amendment)

Five quick strikes right off the top of my head.

DenverDynamite
05-15-2013, 02:38 PM
......my guy makes forgiveable mistakes.....BUSH BUSH BUSH.

Wow, that's cute, such a well thought out counter arguement. I'm glad you know how to change font size.

DenverDynamite
05-15-2013, 02:43 PM
whatever, point being that this latest fiasco under the current administration is just one in a line of stupid or grossly incompitent policy from the whitehouse. Eric Holder is a joke. He should have been fired years ago. The Fast and the Furious crap alone should have got him kicked to the curb. Now we have the IRS in a dubious position where they are selectively auditing based on a political agenda.

LOL

So, quick summary of BOs jokedness:

1. Fast & Furious where arms were sold to drug dealers resulting in a federal agent's death and gun laws being changed (2nd amendment).

2. IRS selectively auditing based on partisan politics.

3. Benghazi and the apparent cover up.

4. Drone strikes

5. Monitoring of AP (1st amendment)

Five quick strikes right off the top of my head.

Yep, there are certainly some mishandlings and I will admit our Justice Department has screwed the pouch recently. Although, I will say, and I'm certainly not an expert on the subject I don't fully condemn or condone the usage of drones. I think we've done some good work smashing up terror cells with them.

Flex Gunmetal
05-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Jetmeck makes spider look like a pulitzer winning billionaire.

Tombstone RJ
05-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Yep, there are certainly some mishandlings and I will admit our Justice Department has screwed the pouch recently. Although, I will say, and I'm certainly not an expert on the subject I don't fully condemn or condone the usage of drones. I think we've done some good work smashing up terror cells with them.

fair enough. I just am amazed at how much leeway the press gives BO, along with people like you who voted for him, on what appears to me like a president who considers himself above the law or untouchable.

If this type of stuff happened with a guy like Romney in office, oh lawdy, he would be skewered by the media. DOA. There's definitely a different set of standards by the media for BO IMHO.

DenverDynamite
05-15-2013, 03:07 PM
fair enough. I just am amazed at how much leeway the press gives BO, along with people like you who voted for him, on what appears to me like a president who considers himself above the law or untouchable.

If this type of stuff happened with a guy like Romney in office, oh lawdy, he would be skewered by the media. DOA. There's definitely a different set of standards by the media for BO IMHO.

I would disagree, Bush was given a completely free pass following 911 by the media, by the GOP congress, and by a select number of Democrats who were to pussy to stand-up to him. Furthermore, it amazes me that there are people like you who will still defend his legacy even today while trying to attack Obama's. I guess we can just agree that we are just partisans at heart. But, the truth is, I'm also sure you and anyone who leans to the right on these boards despite my disagreements with are the kind of guys I'd happily have a beer with because we are all Americans and most importantly Broncos fans.

Tombstone RJ
05-15-2013, 03:15 PM
I would disagree, Bush was given a completely free pass following 911 by the media, by the GOP congress, and by a select number of Democrats who were to p***Y to stand-up to him. Furthermore, it amazes me that there are people like you who will still defend his legacy even today while trying to attack Obama's. I guess we can just agree that we are just partisans at heart. But, the truth is, I'm also sure you and anyone who leans to the right on these boards despite my disagreements with are the kind of guys I'd happily have a beer with because we are all Americans and most importantly Broncos fans.

Again, not the same thing. And for the last time, please quit equating these two things. Also, where did I defend Bush?

Mogulseeker
05-15-2013, 03:18 PM
If you thought the healthcare law was going to be "free" for anyone, you're ****ing dumber than I thought.

That's REALLY dumb.

Is it less-expensive long-term? Yeah, it is. Cry more.

That's treu, but it's not a matter of how much cheaper health care is under Obamacare.... expanding the sphere of influence in health care rises GDP - but privatized health care is production GDP as opposed to planned aggregate expenditure. I can see both sides of the argument, but when there are finite resources, you have to prioritize how those resources are allocated.

I'll refrain from saying whether the country is better off with Obamacare.

Requiem
05-15-2013, 03:20 PM

Except there is not. Where are you guys hearing all your news from? Birdies in the trees?

DenverDynamite
05-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Again, not the same thing. And for the last time, please quit equating these two things.

C'mon man, I tossed you an olive branch and a nice 'let's agree to disagree' statement and you come back with this? So, in other words, you can attack everything Obama does, and can ignore every mistake Bush made, and I'm not allowed to call you out on it?
Convenient.

Tombstone RJ
05-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Except there is not. Where are you guys hearing all your news from? Birdies in the trees?

same place you get your news

Requiem
05-15-2013, 03:23 PM
same place you get your news

Sorry, I don't get mine from the television.

Tombstone RJ
05-15-2013, 03:26 PM

neither do I

Requiem
05-15-2013, 03:40 PM
neither do I

I don't believe you.

baja
05-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Just curious but why would you have 10 grand in your checking unless you were planning on making a major purchase that day. I can write any size check I want and my bank will automatically cover it from some of my other funds.

I was going to comment on the 10 G's in a checking account but than I figured anyone stupid enough to use that statement as a bragging tool would not get my funny response I had planned so I nixed the plan to respond.

baja
05-15-2013, 04:32 PM

Support that was based on lies that were believed because of where they came from.

Support given based on the trust of the office and the urgency of the situation making the lies the most egregious of crimes. It was murder many times over. Bush and cronies did more to destroy the USA than I would have dreamed possible in so short a time.

errand
05-15-2013, 08:56 PM

The president can't prevent an attack of crazy religious zealots....but he can beef up security when they specifically ask for it...and he damn sure should send help when they are under attack and begging for help and he shouldn't claim it was due to a video on YouTube, wouldn't you agree?

errand
05-15-2013, 09:00 PM

That's REALLY dumb.

Where did I say that I thought it was gonna be free?

this was my post -

Originally Posted by errand

houghtam
05-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Where did I say that I thought it was gonna be free?

this was my post -

Originally Posted by errand

Define "cannot afford".

Under that definition, no one can ever afford any raise in taxes.

Ever.

errand
05-15-2013, 09:50 PM

Yes, people died in attacks of embassies....however the casualties listed also include those of the attackers, and the vast majority of them were citizens or law enforcement or security officers of the nation the embassies were located in.....

2002 Karachi attacks resulted in 0 American deaths......

2004 Tashkent, Uzbekistan attacks resulted in 0 American deaths....

2004 Jeddah, Saudi Arabia attack resulted in 0 American deaths.....

2006 Damascus, Syria attack resulted in 0 American deaths....

2007 Athens, Greece attack resulted in 0 American deaths....

2007 Vienna, Austria attack resulted in 0 American deaths....

2008 Kosovo Serbia attacks resulted in 0 American deaths....

2008 Istanbul, Turkey attack resulted in 0 American deaths.....

2008 Sana'a, Yemen attack resulted in 0 American deaths....

Regardless, the scandal isn't that the attack happened....the scandal is the denying the consulate of beefed up security after they specifically asked for it.....the ordering of potential help to "stand down"..... the denial of help when the consulate was under attack....the denying that Al Qaeda was involved, the editing out of State Dept. documents which specifically mentioned the facts of the attack being a planned one by terrorist group....and the lying to American citizens that it was due to a video on YouTube.

Now if you can find such things in any of those other attacks where American lives were lost, please post them.

Requiem
05-15-2013, 10:10 PM
Yeah, 2006 in Karachi and the other three you conveniently left off.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-15-2013, 10:21 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/000/704/picsaremines.jpg?1250775238

Living large, thousandaire style. Lol.

10 grand in the bank, yo.

cutthemdown
05-15-2013, 11:13 PM
What would be funny is for Repubs to win enough seats to take back the Senate. Then the Dems would be the ones fillibustering or vetoing everything and the Repubs would be crying about obstructionism! That would be awesome!

cutthemdown
05-15-2013, 11:17 PM
it sounds like all Benghazzi really amounts to is lax security and then some wierd story about the video being the cause so that the media wouldn't give the republicans ammo in the election. Its pretty bad but no one really cares. Repubs should worry about raising money off it more then anything. Get your base fired up about IRS, Benghazzigate, ap news story, and get money from them.

Enough money can maybe win Montana, Alaska, West Virgina and lead the way to a repub win in 2014. You won't get dems to care about any scandal. They justify anything King Obama does. They love he went after conservatives and covered up a story that would hurt him in the election.

houghtam
05-15-2013, 11:19 PM
What would be funny is for Repubs to win enough seats to take back the Senate. Then the Dems would be the ones fillibustering or vetoing everything and the Repubs would be crying about obstructionism! That would be awesome!

They'd have to make up 6 seats. As demonstrated in the other thread you conveniently ran away from, it's going to be a lot more difficult than you think, along the lines of wishful thinking.

You're just transferring that thought to this thread in the hope that someone else will back up your wishful thinking.

Good luck with that.

cutthemdown
05-15-2013, 11:26 PM
Oh and also someone somewhere should have send more security or help once the attack started. Seriously how lame is that we let them attack again hours later. Repubs should chalk it up for now, get the investigation over with and everyone on record, then just use it for what you can once elections hit. I'd concentrate more on the IRS scandal which Americans will be more scared of. That one shows how you can't trust big govt.

The AP news over reach will score will with independents.

cutthemdown
05-15-2013, 11:27 PM
They'd have to make up 6 seats. As demonstrated in the other thread you conveniently ran away from, it's going to be a lot more difficult than you think, along the lines of wishful thinking.

You're just transferring that thought to this thread in the hope that someone else will back up your wishful thinking.

Good luck with that.

I looked for that but couldn't find it. What thread was that in. I will go read your lame response right now. Fact is Repubs sure to gain 3 seats and it could go as high as 6 which would get the job done.

TonyR
05-16-2013, 07:45 AM
4. Drone strikes

^ This one in particular amuses me. What specifically don't you like about about drone strikes? If a GOP president was doing this you'd be cheering and waving your pom poms. And please don't tell me it's the occasional killing of innocents after tens of thousands of innocents were killed during the invasion of Iraq and the subsequent occupation. Again, if this were a GOP administration you'd be calling them "collateral damage" and saying that innocents die during war. But don't let me put words in your mouth. Tell us in your own words what you don't like?

houghtam
05-16-2013, 07:48 AM
I looked for that but couldn't find it. What thread was that in. I will go read your 1.) lame response right now. 2.) Fact is Repubs sure to gain 3 seats and it could go as high as 6 which would get the job done.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3847726&postcount=95

1.) If by "lame" you mean "backed up by facts and figures", then yes.

2.) If by "fact" you mean "backed up by a gut feeling", then yes.

broncocalijohn
05-16-2013, 09:58 AM
^ This one in particular amuses me. What specifically don't you like about about drone strikes? If a GOP president was doing this you'd be cheering and waving your pom poms. And please don't tell me it's the occasional killing of innocents after tens of thousands of innocents were killed during the invasion of Iraq and the subsequent occupation. Again, if this were a GOP administration you'd be calling them "collater damage" and saying that innocents die during war. But don't let me put words in your mouth. Tell us in your own words what you don't like?

I don't mind drone strikes but maybe he meant in the USA. Those are a little tougher to swallow. I personally wouldn't mind them in USA borders in certain circumstances. You can have one of those ranches out in the boonies where the nutjobs know if anyone is coming up on them.

errand
05-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Yeah, 2006 in Karachi and the other three you conveniently left off.

Once again please show where the warnings were ignored....the order to stand down was given....the pleas for help went unanswered.... that it was blamed on a YouTube video..... and that the talking points were changed to exclude all mention about Al Qeada and any other terrorist group..... you know, like what happened in Benghazi.

I know it's tough for liberals like you to understand that the scandalous isn't the fact that the place got attacked...it's the above mentioned things that are the scandal

cutthemdown
05-16-2013, 12:38 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3847726&postcount=95

1.) If by "lame" you mean "backed up by facts and figures", then yes.

2.) If by "fact" you mean "backed up by a gut feeling", then yes.

I agree it will be close. IMO repubs get 3 for sure but if the country turns even slightly against Obama, or the dems don't get a good turnout it could swing. Also the NRA will be pumping money big time into Ark/LA/AK/WV etc saying how even if a couple dems vote against gun control to try and save themselves the best way to make sure it doesn't happen is vote repub.

Obviously repubs have to score 6 and IMO it's about 50/50 right now because IMO they already have 3. It will be interesting to see how it plays out and who raises the most cash. IMO repubs will be fired up and contributing. Also I don't see blacks turning out in as high of numbers.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-16-2013, 12:39 PM
^ This one in particular amuses me. What specifically don't you like about about drone strikes? If a GOP president was doing this you'd be cheering and waving your pom poms. And please don't tell me it's the occasional killing of innocents after tens of thousands of innocents were killed during the invasion of Iraq and the subsequent occupation. Again, if this were a GOP administration you'd be calling them "collateral damage" and saying that innocents die during war. But don't let me put words in your mouth. Tell us in your own words what you don't like?

I think the drone strikes are pretty **** considering the collateral damage they do. It makes us look really poor within the world community. I'm not saying they don't technically have a purpose, but we seem to use them too wrecklessly.

As far as these "scandals," the more i read on them, none of them (at this point) have any weight. Low level IRS agents singled out conservative groups (I would too...considering these groups are anti-tax), were told by bosses to stop, then they did it again. The white house has no power over these people, and really, who cares. Its not like they made them pay 3 times the taxes.

The Benghazi thing is just absurd. Stop.

And the dept of justice technically did nothing illegal, not to mention there's nothing tying it back to the white house.

If some smoking gun comes out about some deep white house knowledge, then the story changes. But right now, that doesn't exist, and people just wanna bitchabout something.

cutthemdown
05-16-2013, 12:41 PM

They cover it but the newspapers and media in general can put things in a certain order to give them importance, or take it away.

While fox puts it on the front page. NBC may put it on the back burner. He's saying the majority of the media would be more fired up about the Romney white house having an IRS that targeted liberals. If you deny that would not have been a way bigger story, tied to him more, you are crazy.

Just be happy the media is on your side.

cutthemdown
05-16-2013, 12:43 PM
I think the drone strikes are pretty **** considering the collateral damage they do. It makes us look really poor within the world community. I'm not saying they don't technically have a purpose, but we seem to use them too wrecklessly.

As far as these "scandals," the more i read on them, none of them (at this point) have any weight. Low level IRS agents singled out conservative groups (I would too...considering these groups are anti-tax), were told by bosses to stop, then they did it again. The white house has no power over these people, and really, who cares. Its not like they made them pay 3 times the taxes.

The Benghazi thing is just absurd. Stop.

And the dept of justice technically did nothing illegal, not to mention there's nothing tying it back to the white house.

If some smoking gun comes out about some deep white house knowledge, then the story changes. But right now, that doesn't exist, and people just wanna b****about something.

How are you so convinced that is all the IRS did? Don't you think they need a full investigation? But Obama refuses to name a special investigator which is needed to root out govt corruption. How do we know that more conservatives weren't audited? We need a complete audit of the IRS.

TonyR
05-16-2013, 12:45 PM

Oh I agree. There are definitely moral/ethical dilemmas and issues with these drones. My point was directed at the hypocrisy of the poster I was responding to on this particular point. Notice that he still hasn't responded to my inquiry.

TonyR
05-16-2013, 12:46 PM
In reality, we have Benghazi, the IRS targeting of conservative groups, and the Justice Departmentís aggressive investigation into a national security leak. Ö To call all three ďscandals,Ē and to create, to manufacture, a scandalfog machine and set it in the direction of the White House is to either deliberately ignore the facts underlying these three events or to eagerly make imaginative leaps in order to create the narrative of a scandal-plagued White House without any real plot points. http://theweek.com/article/index/244283/a-guide-to-dc-for-the-terminologically-impaired

Requiem
05-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Once again please show where the warnings were ignored....the order to stand down was given....the pleas for help went unanswered.... that it was blamed on a YouTube video..... and that the talking points were changed to exclude all mention about Al Qeada and any other terrorist group..... you know, like what happened in Benghazi.

I know it's tough for liberals like you to understand that the scandalous isn't the fact that the place got attacked...it's the above mentioned things that are the scandal

I already addressed how the situations aren't exactly parallel a lot earlier in the thread to TEKO. Congrats on being late to the program.

And please, don't talk down to me and insult my intelligence. You are one of the last people on this forum to be in a position to do so.

broncocalijohn
05-16-2013, 01:13 PM
How are you so convinced that is all the IRS did? Don't you think they need a full investigation? But Obama refuses to name a special investigator which is needed to root out govt corruption. How do we know that more conservatives weren't audited? We need a complete audit of the IRS.

He doesn't know and he is making up his mind by making it some low level guys in the IRS doing this dirty work. I am more sad that he has no problem doing this based on groups as an anti tax. How about those liberals that are pro tax but takes every possible tax loophole available to them? You cannot go after a certain group no matter what their politics are. There is a law that protects all of us from this type of "witch hunt" from the federal government.

cutthemdown
05-16-2013, 06:09 PM
He doesn't know and he is making up his mind by making it some low level guys in the IRS doing this dirty work. I am more sad that he has no problem doing this based on groups as an anti tax. How about those liberals that are pro tax but takes every possible tax loophole available to them? You cannot go after a certain group no matter what their politics are. There is a law that protects all of us from this type of "witch hunt" from the federal government.

benghazzi IMO is pretty much over even thought repubs don't want it to be. But I think the IRS thing needs a special investigator and the AP News story needs to be looked at more closely. Holder is lying IMO and we can't have that. Also Holder too close to Obama to investigate the IRS. It needs a special investigator to look at the whole dept. Lets see what is going on there for sure no questions about it. Our tax collector is too important and has the potential to ruin the countries faith they are fair and balanced. Very dangerous and we need to make sure no one from the white house knew a thing about it.

Obama saying he didn;t know not enough. He skirted the question did anyone else know. We need a big time look in this.

El Minion
05-17-2013, 02:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rH07G4J.jpg

gunns
05-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Yeah the (D)s are in charge now. So, nothing to see here, move along. But Valerie Plame though, that's a much worse scandal. Almost as bad as Watergate, and all the people that died in th...oh wait....

Of course there's the Iraq scandal. But that couldn't possibly compare and to what I'm still trying to figure out.