PDA

View Full Version : American men are being turned into nancy girls

baja
03-13-2013, 06:35 PM
http://youtu.be/FjTQV6CjAPE

baja
03-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Does that commercial piss you off or is it just me that thinks this is part of an overall plan to feminize men?

Rohirrim
03-13-2013, 07:00 PM
I just think it's funny, which is what VW intended. They've been doing funny commercials for thirty years.

barryr
03-14-2013, 07:43 AM
Nah, just the liberal type are the "nancies." LOL The guy in the commercial throws about as well as Obama.

bronco militia
03-14-2013, 07:50 AM
oh wow...I thought that was a Tebow father/son home video

W*GS
03-14-2013, 09:40 AM
What does "feminine" mean, baja?

Requiem
03-14-2013, 09:48 AM
No way Jose.

houghtam
03-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Can someone please explain what is meant by "nancy girl" and how it relates to this commercial?

To me, the guy sucks at throwing a ball, but he's trying to teach his kid anyway. Seems like a good message to me.

Or at least that's how I took it. That someone gets "he throws like a girl, therefore he's a girl, and since he's a boy, that's somehow a bad thing" out of a commercial like this probably would say a lot about that person's character, wouldn't it?

baja
03-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Can someone please explain what is meant by "nancy girl" and how it relates to this commercial?

To me, the guy sucks at throwing a ball, but he's trying to teach his kid anyway. Seems like a good message to me.

Or at least that's how I took it. That someone gets "he throws like a girl, therefore he's a girl, and since he's a boy, that's somehow a bad thing" out of a commercial like this probably would say a lot about that person's character, wouldn't it?

Now there's a leap....

W*GS
03-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Now there's a leap....

Far less than your leap that men are being "feminized", whatever the hell that means.

Can you elaborate?

What is masculine? What is feminine?

DenverBrit
03-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Does that commercial piss you off or is it just me that thinks this is part of an overall plan to feminize men?

It's probably just you. ;D

Requiem
03-14-2013, 10:52 AM
I'm a nancy girl, I have ginger hair almost to my shoulders.

myMind
03-14-2013, 01:05 PM
your intolerance is showing baja, might want to tuck it back in.

ant1999e
03-14-2013, 10:28 PM

Are you trying to prove Baja's point with this biotch ass response?

houghtam
03-15-2013, 04:11 AM
Are you trying to prove Baja's point with this biotch ass response?

Got it, so let me get this straight.

If you suck at throwing a ball, you are less of a man than someone who doesn't? Is it just as long as you don't "throw like a girl", that's the cutoff? Or is there some sort of sliding scale where those with better arms (strength, velocity) are better men? Because if that's the case I'm probably twice the man you are. Hilarious!

Or was my bitch ass comment the one about how spending time with your kid no matter what is a good message? Weren't there people in this very forum, some of your conservative friends, even, who started an entire thread on the importance of being a good dad? Does this somehow not count?

Either way you answer, guess who's the dick? :wave:

Meck77
03-15-2013, 04:20 AM
Speaking of throwing like a nancy girl. If you haven't seen this it's pretty funny.

Bush vs Obama throwing out first pitch....lol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AP4keCkYHYU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBeavis
03-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Speaking of throwing like a nancy girl. If you haven't seen this it's pretty funny.

Bush vs Obama throwing out first pitch....lol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AP4keCkYHYU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think they're just mad because the "Throwing Like a Girl" thing was more widely acceptable before Obama came in and personally discredited the generalization. LOL

bowtown
03-15-2013, 07:59 AM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/this%20post%20sucks/grand/this_thread_is_gay_gif.gif

nyuk nyuk
03-21-2013, 01:26 PM
Liberalized males are quite effeminate. I also find they tend toward being self-loathers.

BroncoInferno
03-21-2013, 01:36 PM
Liberalized males are quite effeminate. I also find they tend toward being self-loathers.

Conservative males are often repressed homosexuals, which is about as self-loathing as one can get.

Requiem
03-21-2013, 01:54 PM
Conservative women are more likely to be victims of domestic abuse.

Rohirrim
03-21-2013, 02:34 PM

Nothing more manly than smacking the old lady around once in a while. :puff:

W*GS
03-21-2013, 02:58 PM
baja chickened out - perhaps nyuk can define "feminine" and "masculine".

nyuk nyuk
03-22-2013, 07:23 AM
baja chickened out - perhaps nyuk can define "feminine" and "masculine".

Feminine - Like Wog and other rabid liberals on this forum.

Masculine - Unlike Wog and other rabid liberals on this forum.

!Booya!:thanku:

nyuk nyuk
03-22-2013, 07:24 AM

Interesting considering the most violent cities are liberal strongholds.

nyuk nyuk
03-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Conservative males are often repressed homosexuals, which is about as self-loathing as one can get.

Funny how gay-baiting is OK if you're a liberal. I'm always amused by that one.

W*GS
03-22-2013, 08:16 AM

I bet it took hours for you to come up with such wit.

Try again.

Define "feminine" and "masculine", please.

DenverBrit
03-22-2013, 08:50 AM

!Booya!:thanku:

So you're 'masculine.' I'm sure we're all shocked by that revelation. !Booya! :thanku:

Requiem
03-22-2013, 08:51 AM
So you're 'masculine.' I'm sure we're all shocked by that revelation. !Booya! :thanku:

Dude, she is hard. Don't you see the gun on a Manning jersey? One tough hombre.

spdirty
03-22-2013, 09:19 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gVscCNZsYSY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TonyR
03-22-2013, 09:28 AM

I'm surprised at this coming from you. Doesn't seem "baja like" to have this reaction. What exactly "pisses you off" about this? It's supposed to be funny, not some profound social commentary.

DenverBrit
03-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Dude, she is hard. Don't you see the gun on a Manning jersey? One tough hombre.

Extremism makes one tough and masculine.

It takes balls to go from Marxist to 'Right Wing flavor of the month'.......being bipolar also helps.

BroncoInferno
03-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Funny how gay-baiting is OK if you're a liberal. I'm always amused by that one.

Who's "gay-baiting?" I find it sad that they can't accept who they are.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Nothing more manly than smacking the old lady around once in a while. :puff:

Roh, are you really Joe Biden?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DZUIDgE3BNM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Similarity is getting eerie. :)

baja
03-22-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm surprised at this coming from you. Doesn't seem "baja like" to have this reaction. What exactly "pisses you off" about this? It's supposed to be funny, not some profound social commentary.

Again I have no problem with the actor "throwing like a girl" my issue is with media in general portraying men as weak and silly compared to their women counter part. For example the car commercial where the two women are talking over the features of the car and the camera pans to her husband sitting behind the wheel of the showroom car vigorously working the steering wheel left and right, camera pans back to the two women in business suits. Sales women comments, "That's all right". Women customer responds, "Is it??"

Now each one of these commercials on there own can be taken as funny but if you look at the whole media tread there appears to be a undertaking to portray men as child like and their wives as stoically enduring the childish behavior. Young minds are watching these ads as well and to some extent they learn their gender identity from them. Granted it's subtle but none the less effective.

TonyR
03-22-2013, 11:29 AM
...my issue is with media in general portraying men as weak and silly compared to their women counter part...

Now this I agree with. It is a common theme in commercials (particularly for beer) and also in a lot of sitcoms. The men are shlubs, the women are hot. I think this approach works it you are targeting men, but I'm not clear on how this is perceived by women. Either way, it doesn't make me angry in any way.

baja
03-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Now this I agree with. It is a common theme in commercials (particularly for beer) and also in a lot of sitcoms. The men are shlubs, the women are hot. I think this approach works it you are targeting men, but I'm not clear on how this is perceived by women. Either way, it doesn't make me angry in any way.

OK Just consider what the real agenda may be.....

houghtam
03-22-2013, 12:32 PM
OK Just consider what the real agenda may be.....

Care to opine what the "real agenda" might be? Considering this stereotype has been around for as long as advertisements have, and much longer than that if you've ever read Propertius, I can't imagine their "real agenda" has gotten much done over these past 2000 years or so.

baja
03-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Care to opine what the "real agenda" might be? Considering this stereotype has been around for as long as advertisements have, and much longer than that if you've ever read Propertius, I can't imagine their "real agenda" has gotten much done over these past 2000 years or so.

I would but it would be akin to trying to pour water into a glass with Saran Wrap covering the top.

houghtam
03-22-2013, 01:17 PM
I would but it would be akin to trying to pour water into a glass with Saran Wrap covering the top.

So do you at least acknowledge that this stereotype has been around for far longer than you were at least initially aware? Does this change your view? If not, why not? If you were aware of the existence of this stereotype prior to your starting this thread, why did it not read something like "is anyone concerned about the millenia-old stereotype of trying to pass off men as numbskulls, as demonstrated in this commercial? Here is a list of negative effects on the male/female societal dynamic that I've noticed over the past few thousand years."?

baja
03-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Actually I was thinking about giving you the nick name of Saran Wrap except for the fact Saran Wrap is clear.

houghtam
03-22-2013, 01:54 PM
How clever.

My mind just isn't open enough to accept the truth that this stereotype has been eroding our social hierarchy at such a slow rate over the arc of our society's existence that there has been no observable effect whatsoever.

baja
03-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Thank You - I thought so too.

houghtam
03-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Thank You - I thought so too.

So tell us, baja, how can we right the wrongs of Homer, Propertius, Reginald Smyth and the good people at Volkswagen?

baja
03-22-2013, 02:14 PM
So tell us, baja, how can we right the wrongs of Homer, Propertius, Reginald Smyth and the good people at Volkswagen?

Who is "us" do you have a mouse in your pocket.

houghtam
03-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Who is "us" do you have a mouse in your pocket.

Lets pretend it's the royal we. I would say humor me, but you're already doing that in spades.

Still waiting on a resolution to this dreadful problem which has been around for a long time yet you are just now noticing.

Because of a Volkswagen commercial.
featuring a guy.
having a catch.
with his son.

Sounds. Rrrreasonable...?

orinjkrush
03-22-2013, 02:58 PM
some have argued that there is no vast left wing conspiracy to wage war on white, male, heterosexual, christian men for about 40 years now.

but that's only if you listen to minority, female, homosexual, non christian voices.