PDA

View Full Version : Alfred Williams breaks down RB

ZONA
03-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Says he would not keep KM or WM. Both should be gone this year according to him.

His favorite back in FA is Shonn Greene

Said these are his favorite backs to draft, in order:

Christine Michael (RB - Texas A&M)

Jonathan Franklin (RB - UCLA)

Le'Veon Bell (RB - Michigan)

Monte Ball (RB - Wisonsin)

Thoughts?

Bacchus
03-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Williams really isn't very smart.

Requiem
03-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Dump both those, draft Bell, sign another body. BOSSHOGGIN.

colorado jones
03-04-2013, 04:23 PM
I love Big Al but he is crazy. One time on the Fan, they were discussing the top 3 inventions of all time.

Alfred William's top 3:
Fire, water and the Internet.

Houshyamama
03-04-2013, 04:34 PM
I love Big Al but he is crazy. One time on the Fan, they were discussing the top 3 inventions of all time.

Alfred William's top 3:

Nuh uh, it's totally energy. Greatest invention EVER.

yerner
03-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Franklin seems to be getting over looked. He is a guy that can do a bit of everything and ran well at the combine. Not sure I would dump both Moreno and mcgahee though.

ludo21
03-04-2013, 04:39 PM
better than wasting a first rounder on lacy as i see it right now

broncosteven
03-04-2013, 04:40 PM
I wouldn't be sad to see any of our RB's go.

I am not sure Shonn Green is an upgrade though.

I figure they might try to make a play at a Vet, if they don't think there is a vet who is better than McGahee they will keep him and try to draft one. I would love to see KM get moved for a low draft pick but I have been saying that for his entire career.

Cito Pelon
03-04-2013, 04:54 PM
We sure need two new RB's, I'll leave it to the FO to find the right combination of old and new.

Archer81
03-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Steven Jackson, Rex Burkhead.

Boom. Minds blown.

:Broncos:

Tombstone RJ
03-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Says he would not keep KM or WM. Both should be gone this year according to him.

Thoughts?

well, I guess it's not as bad is Chrissy Michael, or Christina Michael...

g6matty
03-04-2013, 05:14 PM
we should put manning on the trade block to see how many firsts we can get. best regular season qb ever but not very clutch in the playoffs. if we get 2 1sts lets pull the trigger

Tombstone RJ
03-04-2013, 05:16 PM
found this on a draft site:

02/28/13 - Christine Michael impressed scouts at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis this past week with his physical skills. But the running back from Texas A&M still has one thing to learn if he hopes to make it in the league: waking up on time. Texas A&M RB Christine Michael was a rockstar @ #NFLCombine, a top performer in 5 events. The bad: He overslept and missed 2 team interviews...Gil_Brandt.

Hopefully, for Michael's sake, he just overslept once and missed two interviews, rather than oversleeping two separate times. Nevertheless, this may raise some more red flags for NFL teams, in addition to Michael's being suspended last season for violating team rules and his being benched for poor pass blocking. Regardless, a team could take a flyer on him because of his physical abilities. Michael was tops among all running backs in bench press, vertical jump, broad jump, 3-cone drill and 20-yard shuttle. - Evan Hilbert, CBSSports.com

Cito Pelon
03-04-2013, 05:22 PM

Alfred William's top 3:

Ha!

Cito Pelon
03-04-2013, 05:25 PM
we should put manning on the trade block to see how many firsts we can get. best regular season qb ever but not very clutch in the playoffs. if we get 2 1sts lets pull the trigger

Nobody would give two firsts for Peyton.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-04-2013, 05:30 PM

Im too lazy to pull up a NOT SURE IF SERIOUS jpg...but....

NOT SURE IF SERIOUS

enjolras
03-04-2013, 05:34 PM

Jesus fans are just retarded.

As for the post: I think Alfred is amazing when it comes to evaluating line talent (on both sides), but beyond that he's just nuts. He was all over the inferiority of Dontari Poe and liked the Wolfe pick.

Generally..just ignore him tho:)

g6matty
03-04-2013, 05:37 PM
i was joking live a little

Pontius Pirate
03-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Shonn Greene is one very small step up from Michael Turner.

Bell or Ball are the best in this draft.

Dexter
03-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Yeah, Alfred Williams is pretty much crazy and irrational.

He wanted us to draft Weeden last year if he was available as insurance to Manning. A 28 year old rookie being groomed for 4 years? Okay Big Al. Meanwhile Him and DMAC continue to **** all over this last draft.

Apparently Derek Wolfe sucks, even though he played like 94% of the defensive snaps and had 6 sacks as a rookie. Osweiler blows, and Ronnie Hillman will never be worth anything or improve.

Look, I understand that our draft last year was somewhat underwhelming, but we won't know one way or another on it for another year or two. And Especially until Osweiler has his chance to start.

I enjoy listening to Al and DMAC, but they also just say **** to be controversial. The other Day Al said DJ Williams was the best LB on our roster, even though we have someone named Von Miller, and DJ was outplayed by WW.

As for the post: I think Alfred is amazing when it comes to evaluating line talent (on both sides), but beyond that he's just nuts. He was all over the inferiority of Dontari Poe and liked the Wolfe pick.

I have no idea what you're talking about. He has some serious hate for Wolfe. He didn't even know who wolfe was last year when we drafted him. He disregards Wolfe every time he's brought up on the radio.

I do agree with AL on a couple things though. I think he's going to be right on with Datone Jones who he loves. He's also weary of Sheldon Richardson, which I agree with.

Anyway on topic:

Christine Michael has talent, but he's a bone head.

Give me a RB in this order, assuming we don't take Lacy.

Jonathan Franklin
Le'Veon Bell
Giovani Bernard
Montee Ball

CUT McGAhee
Keep Knowshon. - I really don't know why you would get rid of him at this point. He's not that expensive, he seems to be a good team player, and has 2/3 things you want from a back in this offense.

Those 3 things being:
1) Pass Protection Skills
2) Good hands in the passing game
3) Durability - Yeah doesn't have this one.

pricejj
03-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Big Al and DMac hated the Derek Wolfe pick (and still do), because they had never heard of him. Big Al's top DT in last years class was Brandon Thompson. He generally has great insight on the DL, but I think his views on Derek Wolfe are racist.

They both keep saying that Doug Martin was the Broncos pick last year, that they traded down (twice) for, and missed out on. Which is absurd.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they both settle on Eddie Lacy before the draft....who Green Bay is going to pick.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
03-04-2013, 05:50 PM

Not so. While he did laugh uncontrollably at the Chiefs after they picked Dontari Poe on the live draft radiocast for 5 minutes, he was stone cold quiet when we picked Wolfe. He had ZERO idea whom he even was. He never watched a second of tape on him and was not happy about the selection.

Big Al wanted us to draft Brandon Thompson or Lamar Miller in the 1st Round. Both went in the 4th Round.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
03-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Big Al and DMac hated the Derek Wolfe pick (and still do), because they had never heard of him. Big Al's top DT in last years class was Brandon Thompson. He generally has great insight on the DL, but I think his views on Derek Wolfe are racist.

They both keep saying that Doug Martin was the Broncos pick last year, that they traded down (twice) for, and missed out on. Which is absurd.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they both settle on Eddie Lacy before the draft....who Green Bay is going to pick.

Green Bay is probably the most likely landing spot for Lacy, but there's at least a solid chance they would take Tyler Eiffert if he's still around instead. Also, outside chance they take a DT or OT.

pricejj
03-04-2013, 05:53 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about. He has some serious hate for Wolfe. He didn't even know who wolfe was last year when we drafted him. He disregards Wolfe every time he's brought up on the radio.

I do agree with AL on a couple things though. I think he's going to be right on with Datone Jones who he loves. He's also weary of Sheldon Richardson, which I agree with.

Yep. Datone Jones would be a good strongside DE for us, but won't be there at #28. He's right about Sheldon Richardson too (who's 24 years old btw).

There really aren't any great UT prospects this year, which is why I'm glad they drafted Wolfe. Kawann Short is ok, but older than Wolfe and not as good.

SlyEli
03-04-2013, 05:59 PM

Thoughts?

You sure he said Shonn Greene is his favorite back in free agency? Because that would mean you and he are the only people in the world that think that...

Tombstone RJ
03-04-2013, 06:00 PM
I'd rather the Broncos bring in Mendenhall than Shonn Green...

pricejj
03-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Green Bay is probably the most likely landing spot for Lacy, but there's at least a solid chance they would take Tyler Eiffert if he's still around instead. Also, outside chance they take a DT or OT.

True, but all they need is an RB like Lacy to make it back to the SB. They already have Jermichael Finley at TE.

spdirty
03-04-2013, 06:08 PM
I remember him being all over Lamar Miller last year. Said we should take him IF he was available with our first round pick.

Its ok though. Those guys have laid off the high school morning style DJ crap and now they just talk Broncos 24/7/365. And they're fun too, because DMac does his homework and calls Al out on his crap constantly.

One of my favorites was last year when they were discussing their fantasy drafts. Dmac asks Al about his team and Al say "I love my team I got 5 quarterbacks." Dmac just starts laughing his ass off at him. Starts reading him texts from fans wanting Al in their leagues. Then Al just has enough and says "man, come on man, people don't wanna here about our fantasy teams they wanna hear about real football." And Dmac just lost it. Had me rolling.

crush17
03-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Big Al and DMAC are pretty much unbearable at this point.

pricejj
03-04-2013, 06:32 PM
I don't care if Beavis and Butthead were talking about the Broncos 24/7, I would tune in. Big Al and DMac are Broncomaniacs just like us, so it's all good.

SlyEli
03-04-2013, 06:38 PM
I'd rather the Broncos bring in Mendenhall than Shonn Green...

He's like a younger, more explosive mcgahee. I'd be interested in signing him

ZONA
03-04-2013, 07:39 PM

Your high dude. Mendenhall has no vision or feel at all. The dude is a beefed up track star just looking for daylight when he runs. Not to mention, one that can't stay healthy really. I would steer clear of Mendenhall.

Yeah I do like Green, but I'm just saying what Alfred said on the radio today. He loves his toughness. He's only been in the league 3 years so he doesn't have a ton of miles on him either. I think he's saying who he would like to have to replace KM and WM via FA but he's also stating that we need to spend a few picks on some backs, and he gave his favorites. Not sure if he didn't like Lacy or just felt like we don't have a realistic shot at him, and then went on from there. Just because there's not a ton of guys on a forum who like Greene doesn't mean there aren't teams high on him.

But I really feel like better blocking by the line will help our run game the most. There's no AP in the draft, at least it doesn't appear so. We were not the best at run game blocking and I think that has to improve no matter who's toting the rock for us.

Lestat
03-04-2013, 08:11 PM
my thought is don't let him anywhere near the front office.
you have to keep one of KM or WM. then that leaves you one vet, Hillman and then a draft pick to vie for carries and a big role.

Tombstone RJ
03-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Your high dude. Mendenhall has no vision or feel at all. The dude is a beefed up track star just looking for daylight when he runs. Not to mention, one that can't stay healthy really. I would steer clear of Mendenhall.

Yeah I do like Green, but I'm just saying what Alfred said on the radio today. He loves his toughness. He's only been in the league 3 years so he doesn't have a ton of miles on him either. I think he's saying who he would like to have to replace KM and WM via FA but he's also stating that we need to spend a few picks on some backs, and he gave his favorites. Not sure if he didn't like Lacy or just felt like we don't have a realistic shot at him, and then went on from there. Just because there's not a ton of guys on a forum who like Greene doesn't mean there aren't teams high on him.

But I really feel like better blocking by the line will help our run game the most. There's no AP in the draft, at least it doesn't appear so. We were not the best at run game blocking and I think that has to improve no matter who's toting the rock for us.

I'd still take Mendenhall over Green.

Bacchus
03-04-2013, 09:22 PM

I'll bet you $100,000,000,000 Manning has a no trade clause in his contract.

DenverBroncosJM
03-04-2013, 11:39 PM

Is there another S. Greene? Or are you talking about the RB that has never had a run over 36 yards.. That S.Greene?

misturanderson
03-05-2013, 12:50 AM
Not sure if he didn't like Lacy or just felt like we don't have a realistic shot at him, and then went on from there.

Lacy is by far his favorite back in the draft and he doesn't think he'll be around when we pick.

cutthemdown
03-05-2013, 12:51 AM
You just get the feeling Lacy and some of the others are good rbs, but just not so good they improve the team more then a good interior olineman or DT would. None of the rbs seem like special players.

I like Warford more and more when i watched tape of him stonewalling richardson and Shariff Floyd when he face their teams. Larry Warford should be a Bronco!

cutthemdown
03-05-2013, 12:55 AM
Lacy is by far his favorite back in the draft and he doesn't think he'll be around when we pick.

Lacy could be a really productive guy but it seems like scouts wonder if hes tough enough. I guess he didn't really carry the ball that much. That could be a good thing though not so much wear and tear. Then also it could be because he had like 3 pro ready olineman on his team. Maybe they see him running through holes so big you don't really know what he is made of yet?

Bacchus
03-05-2013, 12:58 AM
Lacy could be a really productive guy but it seems like scouts wonder if hes tough enough. I guess he didn't really carry the ball that much. That could be a good thing though not so much wear and tear. Then also it could be because he had like 3 pro ready olineman on his team. Maybe they see him running through holes so big you don't really know what he is made of yet?

He kinda scares me. Why doe she remind me of Trent Richardson?

Al Wilson
03-05-2013, 01:27 AM
Christine Michael, make it happen !! Great potential for an explosive and powerful back. He was limited in action because of the qb in Texas A&M running the ball.

Doggcow
03-05-2013, 01:45 AM
Just give me someone that will be good on Madden.

Aftermath
03-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Do you really get advice from Big Al? He changes his opinion every single day. Tomorrow the list will be completely different and then when one breaks out as a rookie he will tell everyone he told them so.

Ziggy
03-05-2013, 03:13 AM
I remember him being all over Lamar Miller last year. Said we should take him IF he was available with our first round pick.

Its ok though. Those guys have laid off the high school morning style DJ crap and now they just talk Broncos 24/7/365. And they're fun too, because DMac does his homework and calls Al out on his crap constantly.

One of my favorites was last year when they were discussing their fantasy drafts. Dmac asks Al about his team and Al say "I love my team I got 5 quarterbacks." Dmac just starts laughing his ass off at him. Starts reading him texts from fans wanting Al in their leagues. Then Al just has enough and says "man, come on man, people don't wanna here about our fantasy teams they wanna hear about real football." And Dmac just lost it. Had me rolling.

They were all over Lamar Miller because Cecil Lammey kept claiming that the Broncos loved Miller and would probably take him in the 1st or 2nd round.

Bacchus
03-05-2013, 03:49 AM
They were all over Lamar Miller because Cecil Lammey kept claiming that the Broncos loved Miller and would probably take him in the 1st or 2nd round.

The Dolphins are probably going to let Bush go because they feel Miller will be able to step up and be their starter.

Miller CAR 51 YDS 250 AVG 4.9 TDS 1

cousinal11
03-05-2013, 06:38 AM
How come I keep" not" hearing about Giovanni Bernard?

Screw combine #'s, the guy would be a stud with Denver.

SlyEli
03-05-2013, 07:16 AM
Is there another S. Greene? Or are you talking about the RB that has never had a run over 36 yards.. That S.Greene?

I was talking about mendenhall. greene sucks

ColoradoDarin
03-05-2013, 09:25 AM
If we're going to throw out names like Mendenhall and Greene, I'd rather just keep Knowshon and Willis.

Al Wilson
03-05-2013, 09:49 AM
If we're going to throw out names like Mendenhall and Greene, I'd rather just keep Knowshon and Willis.
Greene is good. Mendenhall for the love of god please no. Too overrated, and a ****ty runningback.

Tombstone RJ
03-05-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm not super hi on Mendenhall but he's got one thing greene does not--speed. Mendenhall has not panned out the way the stellers wanted him to, he's had some injuries and he also has a little bit of fumblitis. But when he's been healthy he's been productive and yes, he's got speed.

pricejj
03-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Alfred Williams -

"Cornerstones" of the Broncos Organization:
1. Peyton Manning
2. Champ Bailey
3. Ryan Clady
4. Von Miller
5. Virgil Green

bombay
03-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Big Al and DMAC are pretty much unbearable at this point.

Yep. Unlistenable.

ZONA
03-05-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm not super hi on Mendenhall but he's got one thing greene does not--speed. Mendenhall has not panned out the way the stellers wanted him to, he's had some injuries and he also has a little bit of fumblitis. But when he's been healthy he's been productive and yes, he's got speed.

Tatum Bell had speed but didn't know how to run with a protected style. When you watch runners like Terrell Davis, Marcus Allen, Preist Holmes, they almost always never took direct hits. They were so good at adjusting the body lean at that last moment before contact. Guys like Mendenhall and Tatum Bell, they don't adjust at contact moment. That's why they're always dinged up. Speed is great, we all know that. But I think a beefed up track star who doesn't know how to break tackles, who always wants to either out race or juke, won't be nearly as productive as that back who has better feel for using blocking and breaking tackles and avoiding the big hits. Mendenhal is nothing more then a Tatum Bell clone. Not to mention, Mendenhal is not really all that good at blitz pick up. And as you mentioned, not the best ball security either. I think too many guys are too focused on speed. Terrell Davis was by no means a blazer and everybody here knows the kind of production he provided. I can live with some not liking Greene but to suggest Mendenhall is better is laughable at best.

Evenrude
03-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Steven Jackson, Rex Burkhead.

Boom. Minds blown.

:Broncos:

Rex Burkhead will end up being one of the top 5 if not not top 3 backs to come out of this draft. If he hadn't been hurt (and then came back too early) for most of his senior year he would be a first day pick. As it is, someone will get a steal late in the draft.

R-Mac
03-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Alfred Williams is a dumbass and D-Mac is still in the early stages of learning football. They like to yell and have fun. That's it.

DenverDynamite
03-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Most days Big Al and Darren are garbage radio. There is no substance, all those two do is argue semantics. You have to love Big Al because of his time as a Bronco but dmac is a weasel.

bombay
03-06-2013, 09:10 PM
dbag is so pathetic.

DenverDynamite
03-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Yeah, the amount of **** Darren talks to callers I'm really surprised no one has ever waited for him out in the parking lot of the station.

Rabb
03-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Based on some of the things he says, I am 100% convinced D Mac is an OM member.

Dead serious.

DenverDynamite
03-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Based on some of the things he says, I am 100% convinced D Mac is an OM member.

Dead serious.

I kinda doubt he's a real Broncos fan. The dude's an east coast transplant.

Rabb
03-07-2013, 09:31 AM
I kinda doubt he's a real Broncos fan. The dude's an east coast transplant.

Not everyone here is.

DenverDynamite
03-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Not everyone here is.

Good point.

dsmoot
03-07-2013, 07:21 PM
True, but all they need is an RB like Lacy to make it back to the SB. They already have Jermichael Finley at TE.

The Denver Broncos needed TD to get to the SB. At this point, in the pre-draft time period, TD wasn't even on the radar. No one was talking about him in the terms of Lacy is this year. I put no credibility to the evaluation that Lacy is the difference maker for any team. How many top drafted backs have elevated their team to the SB. Not many overall.

Now give me the OL from 97/98 and I will take a number of names at RB to the SB. In no way does this diminish the special back TD was. It isn't about being drafted high in the draft. It isn't about being the quickest or the biggest. TD wasn't either. Give me a guy with heart, vision and the ability to break tackles. Call him TD, Emmitt or Walter.

TheReverend
03-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Not everyone here is.

I'm clearly a Skins fan.

Bacchus
03-07-2013, 10:01 PM
In other news: Alfred William solves the deficit and talks about the future of the United States Space Program.

Rabb
03-08-2013, 06:32 AM
I'm clearly a rabb fan.

me too

Requiem
03-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Rex Burkhead will end up being one of the top 5 if not not top 3 backs to come out of this draft. If he hadn't been hurt (and then came back too early) for most of his senior year he would be a first day pick. As it is, someone will get a steal late in the draft.

First day pick is first round. So no, he wouldn't have. And FWIW, no he probably won't be.

Evenrude
03-10-2013, 11:17 AM
First day pick is first round. So no, he wouldn't have. And FWIW, no he probably won't be.

Ah yeah, forgot about the first round being early now. I meant first few rounds, and still stand by my prediction that he becomes one of the better backs to come out of this class.