PDA

View Full Version : [Rumor] Broncos make offer for Revis

Pages : [1] 2

Ratboy
02-28-2013, 09:18 PM
https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/307274921636155392

ZONA
02-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Ha, I knew it. This was the 1 FA I wished for the most. I felt like it would be a game changer for the Broncos. I think if this happened you could see Champ starting to play some safety in certain packages this year.

theAPAOps5
02-28-2013, 09:28 PM
It's incarceratedbob, count me as skeptical.

DBroncos4life
02-28-2013, 09:29 PM
This guy said Chip Kelly was the Browns new HC. Hilarious!

In b4 g6 says in b4.

Ratboy
02-28-2013, 09:38 PM

Same here. He was right about Peyton Manning, I have hope!

SimonFletcher73
02-28-2013, 09:46 PM
Not too excited about this. Revis will want way too much money (long rookie holdout, held out when Jets were on Hard Knocks). The Jets will want too much compensation (probably starts at a first and another pick or two).

Guessing his cap # would be around $15 million? That could get us the depth we are going to need to win a title. Steven Jackson, Nnamdi, Neil Smith, ect. ect. I'd rather have 4-7 players (if you include the picks) to make the run now over a guy we're going to cut in 3 years due to injuries and a bloated cap #.

cutthemdown
02-28-2013, 10:02 PM
Who cares about money. Revis a great player and if you can snag him you do it.

Archer81
02-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Alot would depend on the compensation we give the Jets and the compensation we dole out to Revis.

We shall see, I suppose.

:Broncos:

Lestat
02-28-2013, 10:06 PM
get him and pay his ass whatever he wants within reason. he will prolong Champs career at CB by 2-3 more years.

cutthemdown
02-28-2013, 10:06 PM
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/01/28/nfl-rumors-denver-broncos-exploring-revis-island/

looks like this is a real possibility. That would give us a killer CB 3some. Lester hayes. Mike haynes type corners!

cutthemdown
02-28-2013, 10:07 PM
We have to get Revis for our 2nd round this yr, and then maybe a 3rd rounder next yr. We can't give up the first round pick.

As far as compensation it won't be little. He will be the highest paid corner in the NFL most likely. If you want the best you have to pay.

DBroncos4life
02-28-2013, 10:14 PM
He will hold out because Champ is number 24.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-28-2013, 10:18 PM
Won't win a bidding war with SF who has way too many draft picks to throw out for Revis.

broncosteven
02-28-2013, 10:19 PM
I know the source is not the soundest of all that could be trotted out to break this one. I was wondering/hoping Denver would try to make a play for Revis.

I like Harris but he can play Nickle and Champ and Revis can take care of the outside coverages. We could play more bump and run. If we draft a good Safety we would have the best secondary in the league. Find a couple DT's and then trot out Irving or Stevie Johnson and we should be fine on D.

I was wondering if we would start hearing the Broncos being more active now that the salary Cap jumped up $2.4 mill this year. We could sign/tag Clady, sign the Rookies, and now should still have enough scratch to go after a Revis or even Welker. Might need to cut/restructer DJ and make him play Mike to get it done but that would be great.

broncosteven
02-28-2013, 10:20 PM
We have to get Revis for our 2nd round this yr, and then maybe a 3rd rounder next yr. We can't give up the first round pick.

As far as compensation it won't be little. He will be the highest paid corner in the NFL most likely. If you want the best you have to pay.

I would say 3rd this year and comp pick as high as 1st next year.

Carmelo15
02-28-2013, 10:35 PM
Reports are predicting it would take a 1st and 3rd this year. I could get on board with that, especially considering we very well may draft a CB in the 1st anyways

OBF1
02-28-2013, 10:38 PM

Like the guy mentioned in the month old link, He thinks a 1st and 3rd would work... His thought is that Denver is looking at a CB in the first round, If that is the case, We are really only going to give up an extra 3rd since #1 would go to a get a rookie in the 1st. Is there any rookie CB that will be nearly as good as Revis? HELL NO, So if we are looking at a CB in round one, I would rather toss in a 3rd and get the proven NFL caliber talent.

Make it happen John!

kappys
02-28-2013, 10:42 PM
I don't trust Revis. I'm not sure if he'll do it after his next big contract or maybe one more after that but he'll go Dale Carter once he feels he's made enough.

extralife
02-28-2013, 10:44 PM
The compensation is way too much, both in picks and in salary. Especially for a guy who just blew out his knee and has shown a certain fondness for holding out, oh, every year. what happens in two years when you've got Manning, Revis, Doom, Clady, and possibly Champ on the roster for ten million plus each, and you've got to give new contracts/extensions to DT and Von? you end up ****ed, that's what.

DBroncos4life
02-28-2013, 10:58 PM
The compensation is way too much, both in picks and in salary. Especially for a guy who just blew out his knee and has shown a certain fondness for holding out, oh, every year. what happens in two years when you've got Manning, Revis, Doom, Clady, and possibly Champ on the roster for ten million plus each, and you've got to give new contracts/extensions to DT and Von? you end up ****ed, that's what.

The cap jumps in 2015 and lets be real about Champ or Manning playing past that.

Those additional revenues will be reflected in the salary cap for 2015, which is expected to see a more significant increase than the roughly 2 percent uptick from 2012 to 2013.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2012/06/18/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NFL-cap.aspx

KevinJames
02-28-2013, 11:05 PM
I hope so I'd give a 1st for him if that is what the Jets wanted.

Its a late first too so its not that big of a deal, seeing as Xavier would probably be gone by that pick.

Taco John
02-28-2013, 11:16 PM
a 1st and a 3rd? Pass.

underrated29
02-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Not a fan of this but say we did.

Trade DJ for a 3rd? Could we get that?
Trade our 1 and 3 for revis.

Leaves us with 2,3,4,5,6,.....?

Draft a MLB at 2? What about Ol? We seem to love warford. He won't make it to 3.

Maybe trade our 1 and DJ to jets for revis- I think David Harris is walking as a FA.....oh that's the same thing as above. Ahh crap, I don't know. Not a fan of this that much anyhow.

But it seems like the FO really really wants to start the year with a beast rb, a sick corner, and a OG, and a fat DT.---- how is that possible if we trade for revis?

cutthemdown
02-28-2013, 11:28 PM
Like the guy mentioned in the month old link, He thinks a 1st and 3rd would work... His thought is that Denver is looking at a CB in the first round, If that is the case, We are really only going to give up an extra 3rd since #1 would go to a get a rookie in the 1st. Is there any rookie CB that will be nearly as good as Revis? HELL NO, So if we are looking at a CB in round one, I would rather toss in a 3rd and get the proven NFL caliber talent.

Make it happen John!

1st and a 3rd would hurt but I don't ever sweat stuff like this. Getting good players on the team is all that matters regardless of position IMO. Bailey, Revis, Harris, Carter would be a fine group of dbacks to take on pats who might make a move for Wallace. Elway may see this as the time to add as many good vet players he can to try and win it this yr and next.

If we signed Steven Jackson, traded for Revis, use the 2nd round pick on Warford if he is there we could improve running game, upfront blocking, and have the best CB tandem in the NFL going into 2013.

We still wouldn't be dominant inside on the front 7 or at safety.

ZONA
02-28-2013, 11:30 PM
1st and 4th. I really like the idea of a 1st and a player if that could get it done. Maybe dangle a previous 1st round pick Ayers in front of them. Or an probowler like Beadles. Move Franklin over to LG and use 2nd round pick on DT and 3rd round pick on RT. Snag a RB, S and WR in the th 4th, 5th and 6th.

cutthemdown
02-28-2013, 11:30 PM
How good would Bailey be if he had a little more help from the safetys? Let Revis get the island a bit more. Even better Broncos may be able to turn Miller loose more with 2 cbs that can play man to man. That free's up the safetys to handle rbs and TE.

Broncos whole thing at this point should be letting Miller attack the LOS in the run game and the passing game. Whatever players they need on the back end to make that happen i say go for it.

cutthemdown
02-28-2013, 11:32 PM
1st and 4th. I really like the idea of a 1st and a player if that could get it done. Maybe dangle a previous 1st round pick Ayers in front of them. Or an probowler like Beadles. Move Franklin over to LG and use 2nd round pick on DT and 3rd round pick on RT. Snag a RB, S and WR in the th 4th, 5th and 6th.

I don't think Broncos can afford to trade any of the young olineman. I don't really like Beadles a ton but he knows the system and is a pretty good player. Not as physical as i would like but until we have better he is probably going to stay put. Even if we draft a young player like Warford, with Kuper being banged up I don't think we could trade a guard.

We could trade DJ for sure. Unfortunatley it will be Woodyard teams really want.

SlyEli
02-28-2013, 11:35 PM
I'm conflicted on this. I think he will cost too much money. Not picks, but money.

BroncoMan4ever
02-28-2013, 11:35 PM

considering Xavier Rhodes was our most likely choice in the 1st anyway, i am ok with a 1st and 3rd for Revis. just imagine the 1st 3 rounds picks netting Denver, Revis a guy who can put the defense over the top and create a scenario where Champ Bailey is a number 2 corner and Harris is in the Nickel; and then Le'Veon Bell in the 2nd, a guy with crazy skills and strength to give Denver's offense that strong back that can pick up 3rd and short and be a force at the goal line while also being a nice weapon out of the backfield in the passing game.

2 players and the outcome is SUPER.

cutthemdown
02-28-2013, 11:39 PM
considering Xavier Rhodes was our most likely choice in the 1st anyway, i am ok with a 1st and 3rd for Revis. just imagine the 1st 3 rounds picks netting Denver, Revis a guy who can put the defense over the top and create a scenario where Champ Bailey is a number 2 corner and Harris is in the Nickel; and then Le'Veon Bell in the 2nd, a guy with crazy skills and strength to give Denver's offense that strong back that can pick up 3rd and short and be a force at the goal line while also being a nice weapon out of the backfield in the passing game.

2 players and the outcome is SUPER.

I like Desmond Trufant better. I agree though some strong corners in the first round this yr. Probably 4 will go.

BroncoMan4ever
02-28-2013, 11:40 PM
How good would Bailey be if he had a little more help from the safetys? Let Revis get the island a bit more. Even better Broncos may be able to turn Miller loose more with 2 cbs that can play man to man. That free's up the safetys to handle rbs and TE.

Broncos whole thing at this point should be letting Miller attack the LOS in the run game and the passing game. Whatever players they need on the back end to make that happen i say go for it.

i salivate at the idea of Von being able to just attack all game long. 18.5 sacks while being used in coverage and playing the run a good portion of the time is unreal. let him do his thing all year long and he could tear down that single season sack record with ease.

BroncoMan4ever
02-28-2013, 11:41 PM
I like Desmond Trufant better. I agree though some strong corners in the first round this yr. Probably 4 will go.

i do too, i just think Rhodes is the most likely to be available at 28

cutthemdown
02-28-2013, 11:42 PM
i salivate at the idea of Von being able to just attack all game long. 18.5 sacks while being used in coverage and playing the run a good portion of the time is unreal. let him do his thing all year long and he could tear down that single season sack record with ease.

Having 2 lockdown corners would possibly make that a reality.

cutthemdown
02-28-2013, 11:44 PM
i do too, i just think Rhodes is the most likely to be available at 28

When i first started looking at Mocks and saw Rhodes and Trufant in top of the 2nd round I had to chuckle. Its like people forget how much corners are valued. Then of course the longer people look at it the start to float higher and higher where now i see Trufant as high as 16 in some Mocks.

Getting Revis instead would be a masterful move if CB is really what we need. I trust Elway at this point until i see otherwise. More then anything just like when he played I am just sitting back and enjoying it.

Ziggy
03-01-2013, 12:36 AM
Let's get real about the draft. I realize that this is the Madden era, but the simple fact is that if you can get a single hall of fame player in the entire draft class for your team you've done well. Giving up a 1st and 3rd for a hall of fame corner in his prime? Sign me up.

cutthemdown
03-01-2013, 02:06 AM
I would think some team like the niners with an extra first rounder would jump on Revis.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 02:32 AM
Revis would give the Broncos tremendous flexibility on defense. Holy ****, of course Philedelphia was saying the same thing when they had three probowl CBs and that did not work out for them.

With Champ's ball hawking skills I think if Revis came on board Denver needs to immediatly move champ to safety. Of course $10 million safeties are unheard of but he would be worht it.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 02:34 AM

He is going in the top 15 easily. It would be cheaper to trade up and get Trufant than to trade for Revis. Plus Trufant would be much much cheaper.

Rohirrim
03-01-2013, 04:59 AM
A first and third is insane. **** that. Build through the draft. There are good CBs in this draft and one will be available at 28. I guarantee it. This would be stupid.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 05:08 AM
A first and third is insane. **** that. Build through the draft. There are good CBs in this draft and one will be available at 28. I guarantee it. This would be stupid.

I agree, I am all about building through the draft, especially since Elway and Fox have been doing a pretty good job of it.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 05:35 AM
Sources around the league tell NFL.com's Ian Rapoport that the 49ers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/sanfrancisco49ers/profile?team=SF) are "unlikely" to pursue Revis, who would be opposed to taking his island to the Bay Area as a one-year rental. The three-time first-team All Pro reportedly is seeking a contract in the neighborhood of $16 million annually (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000145347/article/new-york-jets-reportedly-shunning-darrelle-revis-reps), which would make him the highest-paid defensive player in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146082/article/darrelle-revis-trade-to-san-francisco-49ers-unlikely

Hercules Rockefeller
03-01-2013, 05:44 AM
Rant Sports and Incarcerated Bob, quite possibly the least credible "sources" to use for football rumors. All we need is the Bleacher Report and there'd be a perfect trifecta of baseless speculation.

Requiem
03-01-2013, 05:45 AM
You thought my meltdown when we selected Wolfe was bad? I will tear the walls of the internet down if we give up high picks for a high salaried chump with a bum knee.

ND Bronco Fan
03-01-2013, 05:45 AM
The only reason i can think of that this deal may work is remember when Denver first gave Bailey his extension.......at the time it seemed ridiculous to give one player that you can just avoid that kind of money......but towards the end of the deal and salary cap inflation it was really affordable.

I think we are on the verge of the same thing happening here with the expected explosion in salary cap in the next couple years. Revis will be paid highly now but at the back end of the deal it would be very pedestrian.

ND Bronco Fan
03-01-2013, 05:48 AM
Cut DJ, Mays

Tag Clady, Trade for Revis, Sign Steven Jackson, Draft Lattimore in 3rd and see if you can get Richard Seymour to take a good deal......who cares about MLB :)

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 05:48 AM
The only reason i can think of that this deal may work is remember when Denver first gave Bailey his extension.......at the time it seemed ridiculous to give one player that you can just avoid that kind of money......but towards the end of the deal and salary cap inflation it was really affordable.

I think we are on the verge of the same thing happening here with the expected explosion in salary cap in the next couple years. Revis will be paid highly now but at the back end of the deal it would be very pedestrian.

The Cowboys are hoping so. They just re-worked 5 players' salarys for over a $20 million savings, but it is really going to screw them in the years to come.

BroncoInferno
03-01-2013, 05:59 AM
I don't see it. $16 million+ a year when you're already paying Manning $20 million+ and you are going to have to pay your left tackle eight figures? Plus, it would be lunacy to pay that kind of money and draft compensation without knowing how his knee is going to hold up.

BroncoInferno
03-01-2013, 06:01 AM
We went 13-3 and only lost to the eventual champs because of horrendous (and one-sided) officiating. We don't need to pay Revis $16 million per. Shore up the team through the draft and a few 2nd and 3rd-tier free agent signings, and we're good to go. Giving up the farm for Revis would reek of desperation.

socalorado
03-01-2013, 06:01 AM
I don't see it. $16 million+ a year when you're already paying Manning $20 million+ and you are going to have to pay your left tackle eight figures? Plus, it would be lunacy to pay that kind of money and draft compensation without knowing how his knee is going to hold up.

Agreed. Just dont see it.

Requiem
03-01-2013, 06:09 AM
I just tweeted Incarcarated Bob got AIDS from Magic Johnson. This ends the rumor.

ND Bronco Fan
03-01-2013, 06:09 AM
I waffle a lot.....Dunta Robinson just released.......he would work for a lot less :)

Rohirrim
03-01-2013, 06:13 AM
We went 13-3 and only lost to the eventual champs because of horrendous (and one-sided) officiating. We don't need to pay Revis $16 million per. Shore up the team through the draft and a few 2nd and 3rd-tier free agent signings, and we're good to go. Giving up the farm for Revis would reek of desperation.

Bingo.

Requiem
03-01-2013, 06:17 AM
We could always pull a Shanahan and draft three corners in a row in the same draft.

SimonFletcher73
03-01-2013, 06:26 AM
Puts in to perspective how much of a bargain Chris Harris is for 2013.

spdirty
03-01-2013, 06:51 AM
If you could promise me that he will come back from the ACL or knee injury or whatever it is and be the best corner in the league, I'd say do it. 1st and 3rd and pay his ass.

I just don't trust him though. If the Jets believed in him they wouldn't be trying to trade him. I think whomever breaks the bank to get him will live to regret it.

spdirty
03-01-2013, 06:58 AM
For all those of you that are jumping around and pounding your puds over the thought of Revis coming here, just take a couple steps back, sit down, and think for a minute. If Revis was as awesome as he thinks he is, why are the Jets trying to trade him?

gyldenlove
03-01-2013, 07:02 AM
Couldn't we have some kind of policy NOT to post anything from incarceratedbob, or at least post the opposite of what he says since that is more likely to be true.

socalorado
03-01-2013, 07:23 AM
For all those of you that are jumping around and pounding your puds over the thought of Revis coming here, just take a couple steps back, sit down, and think for a minute. If Revis was as awesome as he thinks he is, why are the Jets trying to trade him?

The Jets sucks balls. They are officially in rebuild mode. Or re-load mode. Whichever.
They need a ton of help, and to do that, they need picks. Lots of em.
So trading away Revis for a kings ransom is right up their alley in terms of overhauling their team.

Rohirrim
03-01-2013, 07:25 AM
The Jets sucks balls. They are officially in rebuild mode. Or re-load mode. Whichever.
They need a ton of help, and to do that, they need picks. Lots of em.
So trading away Revis for a kings ransom is right up their alley in terms of overhauling their team.

In other words, they see more value in rebuilding through the draft. cough, cough

NFLBRONCO
03-01-2013, 07:26 AM
Don't believe it til I hear it from Clayton :)

Play2win
03-01-2013, 07:31 AM
Don't believe it til I hear it from Clayton :)

I'm done with my segment, Mom!

SlyEli
03-01-2013, 07:38 AM
I think they realize that champ is on his last legs as a shutdown corner, and they're securing the lockdown corner role for the next 7 years or so after champ is gone. At that point revis's salary will just replace champ's. I'm not sure how they'll be able to afford paying revis his desired highest contract in the nfl while resigning Von miller in a couple years to what should be another record setting deal.

I don't think compensation to the jets is the big issue, cuz the broncs would likely spend one of the two picks on a corner. I'm just concerned about how they're gonna resign DT, Von, decker, beadles, etc in the next couple years if they tie up all this money now

BroncoBeavis
03-01-2013, 07:41 AM
If you could promise me that he will come back from the ACL or knee injury or whatever it is and be the best corner in the league, I'd say do it. 1st and 3rd and pay his ass.

I just don't trust him though. If the Jets believed in him they wouldn't be trying to trade him. I think whomever breaks the bank to get him will live to regret it.

1st and 3rd for a guy under a 1 year contract? Pass.

BroncoBeavis
03-01-2013, 07:44 AM
I don't think compensation to the jets is the big issue, cuz the broncs would likely spend one of the two picks on a corner. I'm just concerned about how they're gonna resign DT, Von, decker, beadles, etc in the next couple years if they tie up all this money now

The draft compensation issue is pretty big. We've probably got 2 good years to make a go of this. CB is far from our greatest need. And they'd have to blow a majority of their FA and Draft wad this year to bring this one guy in. Makes no sense to me.

Powderaddict
03-01-2013, 07:46 AM
1st and 3rd for a guy under a 1 year contract? Pass.

I'm pretty sure a contract would be negotiated with Revis first before they made that trade.

gunns
03-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Won't win a bidding war with SF who has way too many draft picks to throw out for Revis.

Agree with this. And as far as paying him I look at the Colts, Browns or Bengals who are all between 44 to 54 mil under the cap.

razorwire77
03-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Let's say he returns at 90 percent of his previous ability. That still makes him far and away the best CB in the league. Revis, Harris, and Champ blanketing TE's as a roving Big Nickel? Yes please.

SlyEli
03-01-2013, 07:58 AM
Having revis would give champ freedom to lockdown the specialty player of another team...for instance one of the tight ends for New England, while Harris and revis cover the #1 and 2. I'd like to see champ in the free safety role

BroncoBeavis
03-01-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm pretty sure a contract would be negotiated with Revis first before they made that trade.

I'm sure you're right. Which to me translates to spending picks like he's under contract but spending money like he's a free agent. Worst of both worlds. We need both the picks and the cash more in other areas.

razorwire77
03-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Bottom line is there is a 99 percent chance that whomever you draft at 28 isn't going to have nearly the impact that Revis would have during the Peyton window. I think a 1st rounder and a conditional 3rd rounder in 2014 would be perfectly acceptable to acquire a player of his caliber.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-01-2013, 08:20 AM
When the 1st is at 28 id take Revis over anyone that would be available in the draft. Revis is the best there is right now. If the pick was UNDER 20, then id pass

SonOfLe-loLang
03-01-2013, 08:24 AM
It's entirely too much money for a position that wasn't an achilles heel for us last year. Yes, Bailey got beat a couple times in the playoffs, but i don't think that's reason to go pay Revis 16 million dollars.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-01-2013, 08:32 AM
It's entirely too much money for a position that wasn't an achilles heel for us last year. Yes, Bailey got beat a couple times in the playoffs, but i don't think that's reason to go pay Revis 16 million dollars.

It's not the biggest need for sure. But when teams spread this defense out it has shown to crumble a few times. At 28 there isn't a player that will make an immediate impact that Revis would. And with the manning window open only so long, it's a win now type move as opposed to future what if type move.

Kaylore
03-01-2013, 08:37 AM
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/01/28/nfl-rumors-denver-broncos-exploring-revis-island/

looks like this is a real possibility. That would give us a killer CB 3some. Lester hayes. Mike haynes type corners!

Incarcerated Bob followed by rantsports "backing it up"?

Incarcerated Bob is rarely right and Rantsports literally just makes crap up for articles.

razorwire77
03-01-2013, 08:38 AM

Revis would probably be the difference between a SB appearance this year and ****ting the bed with homefield advantage. It's not so much saying Champ is bad (that's ridiculous), but it's allowing Revis to essentially lock down half of the field (like Champ used to) which will free up Champ to ball-hawk and choke up all of the shallow crap with the TE's (crossing routes, arrow routes etc.) that teams like NE have killed us with in the past. It also allows safety help over the top for Champ, because as we saw in the Divisional, he no longer has the top end speed to keep up with the elite burners one-on-one. Really a no-brainer if you ask me, unless they want two 1st rounders or something.

gyldenlove
03-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Interestingly, if you make 1 prediction per day from now until the draft about a specific player being drafted by a random specific in the draft you have an 80% of getting at least 1 right. In fact if you wait another month and only make a prediction every day of April, you will have a 50% chance of getting at least 1 right just by chance.

Incarceratedbob uses that same method, put out enough random stories and you will get one right eventually.

BroncoBeavis
03-01-2013, 08:51 AM
Give me Woodson for 0 draft picks and a nicer price and then use the rest to go to work on the interior D. That's where the real problem is.

Still pissed that we didn't get after Flacco all game.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-01-2013, 08:55 AM
It's not the biggest need for sure. But when teams spread this defense out it has shown to crumble a few times. At 28 there isn't a player that will make an immediate impact that Revis would. And with the manning window open only so long, it's a win now type move as opposed to future what if type move.

I think its a lot of money to tie up into one position, and saying that Revis would have been the difference between us and a super bowl (i know you didnt say this, someone else did) is conjecture. If you want to play that game, I can list several other scenarios as well. We have other holes to fill and other positions we can upgrade. Sixteen million just seems like a **** ton to give up.

If the broncos did this, I'd talk myself into it like I do everything else, but i would advise against it.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Just build through the draft. As long as Elway is drafting well like he has been don't start playing the Shanahan game.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Interestingly, if you make 1 prediction per day from now until the draft about a specific player being drafted by a random specific in the draft you have an 80% of getting at least 1 right. In fact if you wait another month and only make a prediction every day of April, you will have a 50% chance of getting at least 1 right just by chance.

Incarceratedbob uses that same method, put out enough random stories and you will get one right eventually.

Yeah, he understands that sports rumor writing is all guesswork and conversation pieces. There's no accountability in this business, nor are they ever challenged because of several variables.

Its dumb.

NFLBRONCO
03-01-2013, 08:58 AM
As awesome as it would be it won't fix all our problems. If we end up doing it fine but, with such a move what about other areas that are weak.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-01-2013, 09:03 AM
As awesome as it would be it won't fix all our problems. If we end up doing it fine but, with such a move what about other areas that are weak.

According to Elway an area we see as a huge need they don't see it as a need at all. MLB. That could be pre draft smoke screen. Or they really believe in Irving and Johnson.

RaiderH8r
03-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Does getting Revis allow us to dump Rahim Moore?

peacepipe
03-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Just build through the draft. As long as Elway is drafting well like he has been don't start playing the Shanahan game.

Don't disagree with you but with the signing of Payton Manning,we are in a win now mentality. We are going to have to build through FA, as much as we do through the draft.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Don't disagree with you but with the signing of Payton Manning,we are in a win now mentality. We are going to have to build through FA, as much as we do through the draft.

Go ahead and get one top shelf FA and some mid-level FA's that is fine but don't do this at the expense of draft picks. That is all I am saying. Spend your money wisely.

razorwire77
03-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Go ahead and get one top shelf FA and some mid-level FA's that is fine but don't do this at the expense of draft picks. That is all I am saying. Spend your money wisely.

I agree, but Revis should be in or close to his prime for another 3 years minimum and probably very good for another 3 years after that. It's not like you're selling the farm for a 34-year-old player. We're talking about a low 1st rounder for the best CB in the game. As a team, Denver is in an all or nothing position the next couple of years.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 09:39 AM
I agree, but Revis should be in or close to his prime for another 3 years minimum and probably very good for another 3 years after that. It's not like you're selling the farm for a 34-year-old player. We're talking about a low 1st rounder for the best CB in the game. As a team, Denver is in an all or nothing position the next couple of years.

but you give up a 1st and 3rd and at least $14 million a year. I'd rather Denver trade up to get Trufant. It wouldn't cost as much in picks or money.

CEH
03-01-2013, 09:50 AM
You can pretty much assume CB will be the pick at #28 unless Denver signs a CB in FA

broncosteven
03-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Revis would probably be the difference between a SB appearance this year and ****ting the bed with homefield advantage. It's not so much saying Champ is bad (that's ridiculous), but it's allowing Revis to essentially lock down half of the field (like Champ used to) which will free up Champ to ball-hawk and choke up all of the shallow crap with the TE's (crossing routes, arrow routes etc.) that teams like NE have killed us with in the past. It also allows safety help over the top for Champ, because as we saw in the Divisional, he no longer has the top end speed to keep up with the elite burners one-on-one. Really a no-brainer if you ask me, unless they want two 1st rounders or something.

I still think on the 1st Smith catch he was expecting safety help over the top. Neither safety was back there and by the time Champ saw that Smith was at top speed and Champ had no chance at closing.

The 2nd Smith catch Champ had him covered, it was a jump ball in a spot where only Smith had a chance to make a play. Flacco did the same thing with Boldin in the SB.

During the season Flacco would have only hit on one of those deep balls. He suddenly got Mark Rypien SB XXVI hot where he couldn't miss anything in the playoffs. I don't know if he won't go bust like Rypien did, a year or 2 after his SB win the dude couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

That said I would love to have another stud CB set to replace Champ down the road. The NFL is a passing league, you need to be able to shutdown the Passing game, I would love to see this happen, I just don't think it will.

DBroncos4life
03-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Nnamdi Aso won't rework his contract and is expected to be released soon. Deep CB draft, and a lot of pretty good CB's out on the street.

broncosteven
03-01-2013, 10:00 AM

I would Dangle KM out there also, that would save us another 3.x mill off the books this year.

SlyEli
03-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Updates from Incarcerated Bob For what it's worth...

**BREAKING NEWS**Source: Broncos medical staff in contact with Jets med staff L24Hours #Thinkonit #Revis #IBN yep getting hot hot hot #RT

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Jets trying to use Broncos interest to get 49ers back into #Revis bidding (This is getting good now)

Chris
03-01-2013, 10:21 AM

That just blew out his knee.

broncosteven
03-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Nnamdi Aso won't rework his contract and is expected to be released soon. Deep CB draft, and a lot of pretty good CB's out on the street.

Because he sucks, He hasn't been the same since he left Oakland. Even when he was with Oakland I thought he was overrated.

DBroncos4life
03-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Hilarious! He just added the 49ers and Bucs to his list of teams joining the bidding war. Typical to how he does things. For those keeping score that is 5 out of the 31 teams.

The 49ers have lots of picks, Saints have CB needs and Rob Ryan, Vikings just said they don't view Winfield as a full time CB anymore, the Bucs have DB needs and DEEP pockets, and Denver well Elway has big brass balls.

DBroncos4life
03-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Because he sucks, He hasn't been the same since he left Oakland. Even when he was with Oakland I thought he was overrated.
Everyone else thinks its because he was forced to play in a D that was 100% against what he does best as a DB and you comeback with this?

oubronco
03-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Who the hell is incarceratedbob?

razorwire77
03-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Hilarious! He just added the 49ers and Bucs to his list of teams joining the bidding war. Typical to how he does things. For those keeping score that is 5 out of the 31 teams.

The 49ers have lots of picks, Saints have CB needs and Rob Ryan, Vikings just said they don't view Winfield as a full time CB anymore, the Bucs have DB needs and DEEP pockets, and Denver well Elway has big brass balls.

He's going to get paid. I think we already know Elway has balls and serious pull within the organization. Unless the Niners go full retard with draft pick compensation to the Jets, I think Bowlen will Pony up the cash to make a serious offer. Sure looks like this is the big FA signing we're chasing.

Rother8
03-01-2013, 10:33 AM
The guy makes logic based guesses. That's all. Oh, and just give me Woodson..thanks.

broncosteven
03-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Everyone else thinks its because he was forced to play in a D that was 100% against what he does best as a DB and you comeback with this?

He was overrated at Oakland too.

yerner
03-01-2013, 10:39 AM
So basically this is all just made up speculation and I don't believe it for a second.

Why would you give up a 1st and 3rd rounder and 16 million a year for a cornerback? Who were Baltimore's starting corners the end of this season? Cary Williams and Jimmy Smith?

There is just no need to put these type of resources into the cornerback position, especially a veteran coming off major knee surgery. You just don't see the value it would bring in terms of wins. At least, I don't.

ND Bronco Fan
03-01-2013, 10:44 AM
http://predominantlyorange.com/2013/03/01/darrelle-revis-to-the-broncos/

The rumor mill has it that Denver is offering the Jets Elvis Dumervil and possibly a 1st round pick for Revis. This is about the only way that this deal will work for our beloved Broncos. The cap space that trading Dumervil would free up in addition to the 2.4million in extra cap that teams were given this year, may very well be enough for the Broncos to be able to afford Revis.

Not sure what rumor mill has Doom involved but link is relevant to discussion.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 10:47 AM

The rumor mill has it that Denver is offering the Jets Elvis Dumervil and possibly a 1st round pick for Revis. This is about the only way that this deal will work for our beloved Broncos. The cap space that trading Dumervil would free up in addition to the 2.4million in extra cap that teams were given this year, may very well be enough for the Broncos to be able to afford Revis.

A 1st and Doom, screw that.

Ray Finkle
03-01-2013, 10:48 AM
pass rushing DE > CB coming off an injury.

Heyneck
03-01-2013, 10:50 AM
If we send Doom plus a 1st to the jets,... the drunk Mr. Bowlen is back again.

ZONA
03-01-2013, 10:51 AM
According to Elway an area we see as a huge need they don't see it as a need at all. MLB. That could be pre draft smoke screen. Or they really believe in Irving and Johnson.

I wouldn't go there. The comments I've seen Elway make on Irving is that he'll get a chance and they like some of the things he does but in no way does Elway talk about him like he's really coming on, which we all haven't seen either. Brookings too old. Steven Johnson and even bigger question mark then Irving. Mays blows. DJ and Trevathon are the only other real option here. I don't know, it could be alright with those 2. The Ravens won the SB and Lewis wasn't exactly looking like his old self. He played decent in the playoffs but not special. We need to have better DT play for sure, that's going to really help whom ever we have playing MLB.

I don't think Revis will get paid what he wants. Maybe close to it but not the full amount. Not having come off an injury like that. Might be some incentives built in there.

Tombstone RJ
03-01-2013, 10:53 AM
What's the old saying again? You don't put an excessive amount of money into 1 position, that is, you don't pay premium money for two CBs (Bailey and Revis). If the Broncos did bring in Revis, how much $ would be tied up between these two players, this one position?

Too much IMHO. Champ has a year left in the tank, draft a young CB like Trufant, have him learn from Champ, then move Champ to safety.

CEH
03-01-2013, 10:55 AM
I thought they'd dangle Elvis. His salary does not match his big game performance. His sacks come in bunches against lesser competion

I think Denver starts with Doom to gauge the interest

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 10:56 AM
I still think Denver should draft a DT in the first and Ball in the second if he is there. Denver can get a CB in FA or in the draft. Carter is coming back, Champs, Harris. I don't see why the desperation to get Revis.

Kaylore
03-01-2013, 10:57 AM
You know if Champ moves to safety, this move actually solves a lot of problems...

Johnykbr
03-01-2013, 10:58 AM

No...No, no, no, no, no.

Tombstone RJ
03-01-2013, 10:59 AM
The only real way that Revis make sense is if the Broncos are wanting to cut Champ or move Champ to safety. Who is Revis going to replace, Harris, or Champ? This just does not really add up.

oubronco
03-01-2013, 11:00 AM
No way in hell would I give Doom and a 1st for Revis he hasn't been that good for a couple years

Chris
03-01-2013, 11:02 AM
**** that no Doom for Revis.

DBroncos4life
03-01-2013, 11:04 AM

That deal is like ****ing a monkey and getting aids bad

CEH
03-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Trade Doom and a 1st for Revis and sign Freeny to a nice vet contract. You'll get more production out of Freeney and Revis than Elvis and a 1st round pick any day and probably close to the same cap number

oubronco
03-01-2013, 11:06 AM
NO

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 11:06 AM
You know if Champ moves to safety, this move actually solves a lot of problems...

Yeah, except for when Miller is double teamed. Than it creates a whole new set of problems.

RaiderH8r
03-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Trade Doom and a 1st for Revis and sign Freeny to a nice vet contract. You'll get more production out of Freeney and Revis than Elvis and a 1st round pick any day and probably close to the same cap number

They'll get no firsts and like it. If Doom is in the deal they can peddle around with our third. We'll haggle and land on a second plus a conditional next near. If Rex Ryan doesn't like it he can suck toes.

NFLBRONCO
03-01-2013, 11:09 AM

I agree

DBroncos4life
03-01-2013, 11:10 AM

How about two or three years down the road?

Tombstone RJ
03-01-2013, 11:11 AM
A first round pick, and Doom, for a CB that has been consistently injured and now wants a contract to make it rain? I don't see it happening. It's not like the Broncos suck at CB. I can understand wanting to unload Dooms contract but not for a guy who will hold out for more money after this coming season.

JLesSPE
03-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Maybe they really liked what they saw out of Wolfe last year. He was more productive on the end than inside. Put him full time at end, match Revis with Champ this year and develop our young corners for another year. Move Champ to S and bring someone up in the years to come. Draft middle of the D.

eddie mac
03-01-2013, 11:12 AM
You dump Dumervil and a 1st who comes in and starts at DE opposite Wolfe??? That's if Wolfe even stays there and doesn't move inside this year. The DL has enough questionmarks at the minute without trading your best lineman. As I write this Sealver Siliga and Ben Garland are the only DT's on the roster bar Wolfe.

NFLBRONCO
03-01-2013, 11:13 AM
At least IB makes offseason fun. Most rumors are BS I know.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 11:13 AM
You dump Dumervil and a 1st who comes in and starts at DE opposite Wolfe??? That's if Wolfe even stays there and doesn't move inside this year. The DL has enough questionmarks at the minute without trading your best lineman. As I write this Sealver Siliga and Ben Garland are the only DT's on the roster bar Wolfe.

I agree, denver has struggled for years with the DL and this would put them right back where they were under shanahan.

They need to strengthen the DL not weaken it.

JLesSPE
03-01-2013, 11:20 AM

Well in that scenario Wolfe wouldn't move inside this year. I wasn't saying I agree with this scenario just trying to figure out how this would logically work. That's the best I could come up with.

CEH
03-01-2013, 11:20 AM
How about two or three years down the road?

Did they discontinue the draft?

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-01-2013, 11:31 AM
At least IB makes offseason fun. Most rumors are BS I know.

This time Last year was crazy. We had airplane route threads in here.

DBroncos4life
03-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Did they discontinue the draft?

I don't know what did your neighbor say???

TonyR
03-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Denver could also be aggressive in the Revis Sweepstakes. Manning will be 37 on March 24, so Denver has a sense of urgency. There is no way Baltimoreís Jacoby Jones scores on a 70-yard TD pass in the final minute of a divisional round playoff game if Revis is covering him. Safety Rahim Moore received the blame for taking a bad angle on the play, but cornerback Tony Carter didnít bump Jones at the line and then was protecting underneath and was late chasing after Jones.

Revis doesnít make those kinds of mistakes. Champ Bailey, who has been one of the best corners in the NFL, looked old and slow and was exposed by Joe Flacco in the playoff game.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/myers-jets-don-stand-pat-revis-article-1.1276718?pgno=1#ixzz2MJoPwEoy

Crushisback
03-01-2013, 11:39 AM
I like the idea of signing Woodson way more than trading for Revis. I don't see how Revis helps us beat the Patriots. Woodson on the other hand would be a perfect matchup in a Big Nickel to matchup against thier tight ends. As for the Ravens, who know if Revis could run with Torrey Smith after his surgery.

My plan:

Sign S. Jackson
Sign Woodson
Sign a mid level DT (or re-sign Vickerson)
Draft BA DL, Slot WR, and Interior OL in Rounds 1,2 and 3.
Fill in the rest with remaining picks and value FA's

maven
03-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Why trade or dump Doom? What is up with this nonsense. I thought the Broncos are trying to win the Super Bowl.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 11:41 AM
I like the idea of signing Woodson way more than trading for Revis. I don't see how Revis helps us beat the Patriots. Woodson on the other hand would be a perfect matchup in a Big Nickel to matchup against thier tight ends. As for the Ravens, who know if Revis could run with Torrey Smith after his surgery.

My plan:

Sign S. Jackson
Sign Woodson

Take out Jackson and I am on board with that.

razorwire77
03-01-2013, 11:47 AM

Don't know if I agree with the FO if they do that, but I agree that might be their line of reasoning if Doom is being offered in a trade.

Freeny, Ayers, and possibly use Wolfe outside as well. Malik Jackson also flashed some ability on the outside as well.

Risky stuff to get rid of a known commodity pass rush specialist like Elvis.

Crushisback
03-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Take out Jackson and I am on board with that.

I like the toughness Jackson would bring to our run game(also good out of the backfield). That being said I like him on a 3yr 13-15 mil type deal. More than that you can count me out as well.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 11:50 AM
I like the toughness Jackson would bring to our run game(also good out of the backfield). That being said I like him on a 3yr 13-15 mil type deal. More than that you can count me out as well.

I agree on a 3 year deal, but I promise you he will get a 5 year deal from someone.

Crushisback
03-01-2013, 11:53 AM
I agree on a 3 year deal, but I promise you he will get a 5 year deal from someone.

If that's the case I'd rather go with Ivory from the Saints. Either way Jacob Hester is not the guy I want trying to close out the game Foxball style.

maven
03-01-2013, 11:57 AM
If that's the case I'd rather go with Ivory from the Saints. Either way Jacob Hester is not the guy I want trying to close out the game Foxball style.

I better not be seeing that in 2013.

DBroncos4life
03-01-2013, 11:58 AM

Hilarious!

Heyneck
03-01-2013, 11:58 AM

no way in hell he gets a 5 year deal. That FO would have to be desperate and brainless. I can see him getting a 4 year deal easily though.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 11:59 AM

I agree on Hester. They should have promoted Johnson form the practice sqaud instead of brining in Hester. I don't want Ivory either. I want a draft pick, McGahee, Moreno, Hillman, Fannin and Jeremiah Johnson all to go into camp next year and fight it out. I would love to see Ball and McGahee sharing the workload next year.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 12:02 PM
no way in hell he gets a 5 year deal. That FO would have to be desperate and brainless. I can see him getting a 4 year deal easily though.

He will get a 5 year deal, now it might actually be set up for a 5 year deal but they can cut him after 3 but it will be a 5 year deal to spread out the cap hit.

DBroncos4life
03-01-2013, 12:03 PM
He will get a 5 year deal, now it might actually be set up for a 5 year deal but they can cut him after 3 but it will be a 5 year deal to spread out the cap hit.

Then it is a 3 year deal dude. Fake money doesn't count.

DBroncos4life
03-01-2013, 12:05 PM

Did you see Abraham got cut and he was making less then 5 million this year? Still think Freeney is going to make 6 this year?

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Then it is a 3 year deal dude. Fake money doesn't count.

I said the contract will be for 5 years. How it is structured I do not know. Even if it is supposed to be a 3 year deal if he plays well then he could play the whole 5 years. It is just after three years the team will have the option to cut him. it is still a 5 year deal.

if he gets it of course.:hitself:

Heyneck
03-01-2013, 12:09 PM
I agree on Hester. They should have promoted Johnson form the practice sqaud instead of brining in Hester. I don't want Ivory either. I want a draft pick, McGahee, Moreno, Hillman, Fannin and Jeremiah Johnson all to go into camp next year and fight it out. I would love to see Ball and McGahee sharing the workload next year.

Now I can say for sure you hate KM. Ball sucks serious monkey ass. There is no reason this chump should be even on our team. Him and WM will be shown the door the minute we sign a vet and some other young street free agent. (this without counting even the possibility of drafting another RB).

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Now I can say for sure you hate KM. Ball sucks serious monkey ass. There is no reason this chump should be even on our team. Him and WM will be shown the door the minute we sign a vet and some other young street free agent. (this without counting even the possibility of drafting another RB).

LOL I meant Montree Ball from Wisconsin.

Heyneck
03-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Did you see Abraham got cut and he was making less then 5 million this year? Still think Freeney is going to make 6 this year?

Weren't you do one or some other dude saying that you would take Abraham over Freeney any Sunday for the past seasons? You know, the Abraham that was supposed to be better than Freeney? Funny how the Falcons dump Abraham and are rumored to be the heavy favorites to replace him with Freeney. Lol!

And yes! Still think he will make 6 per year.

DBroncos4life
03-01-2013, 12:13 PM
I said the contract will be for 5 years. It will be how it is structured I do not know. Even if it is supposed to be a 3 year deal if he plays well then he could play the whole 5 years. It is just after three years the team will have the option to cut him. it is still a 5 year deal.

if he gets it of course.:hitself:

He can sign a 5 year 100 million dollar contract with 1 million signing bonus and another 1 millon in guaranteed money for all I care. Fake money is still fake. Contracts are just for agents ego's.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 12:15 PM
He can sign a 5 year 100 million dollar contract with 1 million signing bonus and another 1 millon in guaranteed money for all I care. Fake money is still fake. Contracts are just for agents ego's.

Well, I said he would get a 5 year contract and you basically called me an idiot for it.

Heyneck
03-01-2013, 12:15 PM
LOL I meant Montree Ball from Wisconsin.

Ok... way better. Still prefer Lattimore or Bell (yeah people! you have made me a believer) in that situation.

DBroncos4life
03-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Weren't you do one or some other dude saying that you would take Abraham over Freeney any Sunday for the past seasons? You know, the Abraham that was supposed to be better than Freeney? Funny how the Falcons dump Abraham and are rumored to be the heavy favorites to replace him with Freeney. Lol!

And yes! Still think he will make 6 per year.

There was many of us that said we would take Abraham over Freeney and no way they dump Abraham and the give Freeney MORE money then Abraham. Hilarious! Freeney will sign the same deal that Abraham did and play one year for 3 million dollars then get cut.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 12:18 PM
I don't trust Abraham, I would take Freeney over him by a long shot, especially with Peyton here.

Heyneck
03-01-2013, 12:22 PM
There was many of us that said we would take Abraham over Freeney and no way they dump Abraham and the give Freeney MORE money then Abraham. Hilarious! Freeney will sign the same deal that Abraham did and play one year for 3 million dollars then get cut.

Guess we will find out in about 2 week dude!

Vanden Bosh signed a 4 year deal 26 mil 4 years ago. I am way positive Freeney will average 6 mil per year minimum. Will he get to last the duration of the contract he signs? Well that's up to his performance. But on name and accolades alone, he won't sign for anything less than the better DE have gotten on the open market the last few seasons.

DBroncos4life
03-01-2013, 12:33 PM
I don't trust Abraham, I would take Freeney over him by a long shot, especially with Peyton here.

Oh dear lord.

Player A
2010 15 GP 40 tackles, 13 sacks, 2 FF's, and 4 PD's
2011 15 GP 35 tackles, 9.5 sacks, 4 FF's and 2 PD's
2012 16 GP 35 tackles, 10 sacks, 6 FF's and 7 PD's

Player B
2010 16 GP 25 tackles, 10 sacks, 5 FF's and 2 PD's
2011 16 GP 19 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 2 FF's and 0 PD's
2012 14 GP 12 tackles, 5 sacks, 1 FF's and 1 PD's

Which one do you trust more???

Mediator12
03-01-2013, 12:36 PM

Vanden Bosh signed a 4 year deal 26 mil 4 years ago. I am way positive Freeney will average 6 mil per year minimum. Will he get to last the duration of the contract he signs? Well that's up to his performance. But on name and accolades alone, he won't sign for anything less than the better DE have gotten on the open market the last few seasons.

Freeney is done and has not practiced full time for 3 years. Freeney is not worth the money his contract will be printed on going forward. He has lost the step and desire after the last SB. Plus, he is a lockerroom cancer.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Id take player A.

But I said I'd take him when the subject came up back then.

Agamemnon
03-01-2013, 12:37 PM
The bidding war for the guy is going to massively inflate what he's going to cost. I'm hoping it doesn't happen.

DBroncos4life
03-01-2013, 12:41 PM

4 years ago KVB was 29/30 years old not 33 years old like Freeney.

That doesn't mean he will see that money just like JA. 3 year 3 million in bonus money is what JA got and I expect Freeney will be close to that. If he gets more he just raped that team.

Heyneck
03-01-2013, 12:47 PM
4 years ago KVB was 29/30 years old not 33 years old like Freeney.

That doesn't mean he will see that money just like JA. 3 year 3 million in bonus money is what JA got and I expect Freeney will be close to that. If he gets more he just raped that team.

That's what I have been saying all along. I want nothing to do with Freeney, unless, and that's a big maybe, if we are actually stupid enough to ship Doom and a 1st for Revis. I just think the interest in him will make that 5+ /year that JA got, the starting point in negotiations.

And we all know how desperate franchises love to over pay for has been vets on the decline.

Br0nc0Buster
03-01-2013, 12:47 PM
We need to stay away from Revis
Coming off an ACL tear and has threatened to hold out what 3 times in 6 years?

He is going to command an enourmous salary with again the possiblity he will complain and holdout a year or two into it

Continue to build through the draft

I doubt there is any legimitacy with this rumor though

Heyneck
03-01-2013, 12:51 PM
We need to stay away from Revis
Coming off an ACL tear and has threatened to hold out what 3 times in 6 years?

He is going to command an enourmous salary with again the possiblity he will complain and holdout a year or two into it

Continue to build through the draft

I doubt there is any legimitacy with this rumor though

This! Revis is not worth his offseason pay me drama. But in truth is that I still can't get my mind off him avoiding contact in that game against us with Tebow. I bet you that even now, Champ wouldn't hesitate to at least try and tackle the ball carrier. Even if he is built like a tank.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Oh dear lord.

Player A
2010 15 GP 40 tackles, 13 sacks, 2 FF's, and 4 PD's
2011 15 GP 35 tackles, 9.5 sacks, 4 FF's and 2 PD's
2012 16 GP 35 tackles, 10 sacks, 6 FF's and 7 PD's

Player B
2010 16 GP 25 tackles, 10 sacks, 5 FF's and 2 PD's
2011 16 GP 19 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 2 FF's and 0 PD's
2012 14 GP 12 tackles, 5 sacks, 1 FF's and 1 PD's

Which one do you trust more???

I don't trust Abraham.

RaiderH8r
03-01-2013, 01:25 PM

My plan:

Sign S. Jackson
Sign Woodson

Down for this.

Barrett Jones for OL but that's secondary to the obvious superiority of this plan to Operation Blow Way Too Much on Malcontented Flava Clown Cornerback.

Crushisback
03-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Down for this.

Barrett Jones for OL but that's secondary to the obvious superiority of this plan to Operation Blow Way Too Much on Malcontented Flava Clown Cornerback.

I like Jones alot with our 1. His versatility is a huge value. The only reason I'm upset if we took him would be one of the top DT's falling to us.

That being said I'd like to add Dorsey to my FA wishlist.

RaiderH8r
03-01-2013, 01:36 PM
I like Jones alot with our 1. His versatility is a huge value. The only reason I'm upset if we took him would be one of the top DT's falling to us.

That being said I'd like to add Dorsey to my FA wishlist.

I can sign off on that sentiment. We are in more need at DT than OL but not by much. I feel like Jones has a higher likelyhood to succeed in the NFL over DT. DT just seems to be a tougher spot to project out than most. Not saying we can't get value there but it feels (emphasize feels) like more of a gamble position year in and year out.

BroncoInferno
03-01-2013, 01:39 PM
I can sign off on that sentiment. We are in more need at DT than OL but not by much. I feel like Jones has a higher likelyhood to succeed in the NFL over DT. DT just seems to be a tougher spot to project out than most. Not saying we can't get value there but it feels (emphasize feels) like more of a gamble position year in and year out.

Based on most projections, Jones isn't going to go in round 1 and maybe not round 2. He can probably be had with our 2nd rounder or possibily later. There are some medical concerns with him, for one thing.

Tombstone RJ
03-01-2013, 01:45 PM
The draft can't get here soon enough...

ND Bronco Fan
03-01-2013, 02:40 PM
What does a Doom trade do to cap? How much is free/dead money

BroncoMan4ever
03-01-2013, 04:34 PM
What does a Doom trade do to cap? How much is free/dead money

yeah, that is a smart idea. trade out our 2nd best pass rusher when it was obvious against Baltimore that we didn't have enough guys to put Flacco on his ass. we need to be looking at adding a DT that can get some push up the middle to allow Von and Doom to work in one on one situations instead of being doubled.

restructure his deal is the best option. trading him is wrong.

Broncojef
03-01-2013, 04:40 PM
yeah, that is a smart idea. trade out our 2nd best pass rusher when it was obvious against Baltimore that we didn't have enough guys to put Flacco on his ass. we need to be looking at adding a DT that can get some push up the middle to allow Von and Doom to work in one on one situations instead of being doubled.

restructure his deal is the best option. trading him is wrong.

Doom carries a huge $$ with him and is the guy who was supposed to pressure Flacco. Maybe the Broncos are looking for a pass rusher that can be effective when the big game is on the line and not against trash teams.

errand
03-01-2013, 05:14 PM

Didn't you guys say the same thing when this guy said we'd sign Manning?

extralife
03-01-2013, 05:30 PM
I don't trust Abraham.

so what you're saying is you are dumb?

extralife
03-01-2013, 05:34 PM
The only real way that Revis make sense is if the Broncos are wanting to cut Champ or move Champ to safety. Who is Revis going to replace, Harris, or Champ? This just does not really add up.

not that I want Revis, but they got this thing in football called the nickel. maybe you should check it out.

DBroncos4life
03-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Didn't you guys say the same thing when this guy said we'd sign Manning?

He gets few things right. Cast a large enough net you catch a fish.

SlyEli
03-01-2013, 05:53 PM
I've seen him be right more times than wrong. And he is based out of new york, so it's not unreasonable to think he could have sources with the jets

ghostofjosh
03-01-2013, 07:03 PM
I think the 49ers have 15 picks this year,they would be the best fit if they want him

Tombstone RJ
03-01-2013, 08:41 PM
not that I want Revis, but they got this thing in football called the nickel. maybe you should check it out.

It's called a "nickle" defense you tard. Maybe you should get a clue.

extralife
03-01-2013, 10:39 PM
if you want to be pedantic, either is generally considered to be acceptable. but being such an intelligent man, I'm sure you knew that.

ZONA
03-01-2013, 11:51 PM

From 4 years easily to 5 years no way in hell, that's quite a large margin your're playing with there, lol.

Hilarious!

ShutDownPoster
03-02-2013, 12:15 AM
The old days where you add one player that takes you over the top is over. No more add Neon Deion ala 49ers/Cowboys are over. Now it's more like be at the right place at the right time. So these kind of trades/investements don't carry the same weight.

R-Mac
03-02-2013, 02:26 AM
This guy said Chip Kelly was the Browns new HC. Hilarious!

ESPN and NFL Network said the same thing.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/287332493487656960

BREAKING: Chip Kelly is close to a deal to become the #Browns coach, according to a source informed of his situation.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=19&post_id=10401

It looks as though owner Jimmy Haslam III, C.E.O. Joe Banner, and the Browns organization have found their next head coach and his name is Chip Kelly. The next big question to be answered, however, is who will be the quarterback?

The one thing that is for sure, everyone else on the offense is excited about the prospects of Chip Kelly as the next head coach. I texted with multiple players on the offense after the news broke and each one to a man was ecstatic. One player, who is currently up for free agency, even went as far as to say they hope the Browns bring them back into this system next season.

Weird huh? It almost makes me think that Kelly was indeed set to become their head coach and then something went wrong.

underrated29
03-02-2013, 02:55 AM

Weird huh? It almost makes me think that Kelly was indeed set to become their head coach and then something went wrong.

Yeah how about the schedule release that he did before anyone else. Oh yeah it was a fake schedule. Anyone with connections n the nfl would not release a hoax schedule and call it real. Nnamdi, and whoever to the pens, Parise maybe! I forgot. And so many and so forth. And he was t the first to break manning. That one beat writer was, forget his name ATM. Bob sucks and is a hack. He knows less about the sports than we do. And it has been proven over and over again.

Brandon Spano, he is the one who broke the news first. Even before beloved bobby.

vancejohnson82
03-02-2013, 05:02 AM
heard here that San Fran will have the best offer

The Chiefs second rounder (32) and a third for him

Obviously we could trump it by throwing in our first

vancejohnson82
03-02-2013, 05:16 AM
It's called a "nickle" defense you tard. Maybe you should get a clue.

TJ are you sure it is "nickle" or did I miss a very sarcastic joke here?

Broncoman13
03-02-2013, 05:42 AM

Lmao!

rugbythug
03-02-2013, 06:35 AM
The old days where you add one player that takes you over the top is over. No more add Neon Deion ala 49ers/Cowboys are over. Now it's more like be at the right place at the right time. So these kind of trades/investements don't carry the same weight.

Peyton Manning

elsid13
03-02-2013, 06:50 AM
I just see don't Denver making this move. He is extremely good player, but coming off injury and limits the team's ability when comes to salary cap.

rmsanger
03-02-2013, 07:29 AM
I think we could do better for less... Pass on this!

rmsanger
03-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Would rather sign Seymour, Spencer, and Chris Houston

NFLBRONCO
03-02-2013, 08:29 AM
How many SB's have we gone to with champ? Love Champ would love Revis but, with a weak front 7 big deal

Dedhed
03-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Peyton Manning

So now winning one fewer playoff game counts as "getting over the top". Hmmm...

Tombstone RJ
03-02-2013, 09:00 AM
if you want to be pedantic, either is generally considered to be acceptable. but being such an intelligent man, I'm sure you knew that.

Nope, I rely on you to enlighten me!

Tombstone RJ
03-02-2013, 09:04 AM

:thumbsup: nope, you got it!

DBroncos4life
03-02-2013, 09:05 AM

Browns | Chip Kelly was not close to becoming head coach
Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:30:04 -0800

Cleveland Browns head coach Chip Kelly said it was not accurate that he was close to becoming the head coach of the team.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2LZFBnBRR
As tag team once said whoomp there it is

SonOfLe-loLang
03-02-2013, 11:30 AM

We are probably 5-11 without him so yeah I think he qualifies as that kind of difference maker

g6matty
03-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Trevor Smith ‏@Trevor_Smith7
@incarceratedbob any updates on the Revis situation?? Hearing Dumervil + picks for Revis and signing Freeney is on the table
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

59 mins Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob
@Trevor_Smith7 Broncos being aggressive , still no answer from Jets (They want a bidding war) so expect it to take a little while
Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

DBroncos4life
03-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Name 5 teams and have a nice bidding war way out!!!! Expect another the deal falls apart in the 5th hour cover up tweet.

DBruleU
03-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Name 5 teams and have a nice bidding war way out!!!! Expect another the deal falls apart in the 5th hour cover up tweet.

WTF did you just say?

g6matty
03-02-2013, 11:59 AM
WTF did you just say?

he thinks incarceratedbob is a bull****ter and dis credits anything he says

Br0nc0Buster
03-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Not sure what trading pass rushers for cover guys accomplishes

Freeney is running on fumes, no idea why we would think he would be an adequate replacement

spdirty
03-02-2013, 12:47 PM

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_6341.jpg

Br0nc0Buster
03-02-2013, 01:00 PM
http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_6341.jpg

lol
I guess losing in overtime in the divisional round is somehow worse than getting blown out by 40

spdirty
03-02-2013, 02:15 PM
lol
I guess losing in overtime in the divisional round is somehow worse than getting blown out by 40

To get into the playoffs with an 8-8 record and finish with a 9-9 record after getting a reality check at New England is quite a bit different than earning the top overall seed and have a 99% or whatever it was chance at knocking out the eventual Super Bowl Champs before Rahim the Daydream ****ed us.

The loss to Baltimore hurt so much more than the one at New England. The New England loss just proved that that team was a fraud undeserving of their status as a top 8 team.

To look at this teams body of work the last year, and to compare it to the 2011 team and say that we aren't any closer to a Super Bowl championship as we were with the 2011 roster is to admit that you are a dumbass. Stop being a dumbass.

Archer81
03-02-2013, 02:44 PM
To get into the playoffs with an 8-8 record and finish with a 9-9 record after getting a reality check at New England is quite a bit different than earning the top overall seed and have a 99% or whatever it was chance at knocking out the eventual Super Bowl Champs before Rahim the Daydream ****ed us.

The loss to Baltimore hurt so much more than the one at New England. The New England loss just proved that that team was a fraud undeserving of their status as a top 8 team.

To look at this teams body of work the last year, and to compare it to the 2011 team and say that we aren't any closer to a Super Bowl championship as we were with the 2011 roster is to admit that you are a dumbass. Stop being a dumbass.

Not sure about the bolded. Denver played well enough to get into the playoffs in 2011. Without that "fraud" 9-9 team its doubtful Manning would have signed here. He clearly saw a solid team in need of a few pieces.

And the 1 seed falling to Denver was just as lucky as getting into the playoffs was in 2011. We needed key losses by NE and Houston the last few weeks of the season to get the 1, and it broke right. Even though in hindsight we may have been better off staying at 3...

:Broncos:

Br0nc0Buster
03-02-2013, 02:47 PM

ok why is this in response to me though
I was commenting about the dumbasses who keep trashing Manning because they are butthurt we got rid of Tebow, not defending him

spdirty
03-02-2013, 03:13 PM
ok why is this in response to me though
I was commenting about the dumbasses who keep trashing Manning because they are butthurt we got rid of Tebow, not defending him

Sorry I misread your post. But the point still stands to the pathetic little tebowners that want to trash Manning.

Lestat
03-02-2013, 03:18 PM
hmm... depends on the picks. if we can snag Revis and still keep two of the first 3 picks(obviously we wouldn't be dealing the first)we can take another DE or maybe they want Wolfe to strictly play there?

R-Mac
03-02-2013, 04:59 PM

So we can't trust NFL Network and ESPN anymore. They're like Bob.

DBroncos4life
03-02-2013, 05:18 PM
So we can't trust NFL Network and ESPN anymore. They're like Bob.

One of these thing is not like the other Hilarious!

R-Mac
03-02-2013, 06:29 PM
One of these thing is not like the other Hilarious!

Do you think ESPN and NFL Network were just guessing... Like Bob?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/62796/report-browns-close-to-deal-with-kelly

Report: Chip Kelly, Browns nearing deal

It's been assumed that Oregon coach Chip Kelly has been the Browns' top choice since the firing of Pat Shurmur on Monday. Based on one report Friday night, it sounds like the Browns are set to get their No. 1 candidate.

The Browns are close to a deal with Kelly, a source told the NFL Network.

Where did they get this info? From Bob?

DBroncos4life
03-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Do you think ESPN and NFL Network were just guessing... Like Bob?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/62796/report-browns-close-to-deal-with-kelly

Where did they get this info? From Bob?

Yes, yes

DBroncos4life
03-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Browns | Chip Kelly was not close to becoming head coach
Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:30:04 -0800

Cleveland Browns head coach Chip Kelly said it was not accurate that he was close to becoming the head coach of the team.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2LZFBnBRR

Bump because rod can't follow

Ratboy
03-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Again, take it with a grain of salt.

Incarcerated Bob mentioned Broncos offered a 1st and 3rd, Saints offered Ingram and other picks (not a first)

I don't believe it. I don't see how Elway gives that much up for a player coming off an injury.

Ratboy
03-02-2013, 07:41 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146510/article/darrelle-revis-jets-reportedly-facing-ugly-situation

"ACLs aren't what they used to be, it's not a big deal anymore," but (if Revis is shopped before he's healthy, the Jets) "will get 75 cents on the dollar. If he was not hurt, I would say you would be looking at getting two No. 1s. Now it's more like a No. 1 and a No. 3. And I'd want a high No. 1."

This article could have been where he got the 1st and 3rd.

broncosteven
03-02-2013, 08:21 PM

Incarcerated Bob mentioned Broncos offered a 1st and 3rd, Saints offered Ingram and other picks (not a first)

I don't believe it. I don't see how Elway gives that much up for a player coming off an injury.

A 1st and anything would hurt.

That would be a lot of cash invested in one position though and we need a RB pretty bad.

Champ was always complaining about payment in Washington which lead to his being traded, if Revis works out half as well as Champ did then we have another shutdown CB for the next 10 years.

The only problem is Champ wasn't coming off 2 knee injuries and we were able to move a player who we ended up getting an extra pick out of it for.

And if we did get Revis wouldn't that force everything to the inside of the field were we are the weakest?

DBroncos4life
03-02-2013, 08:26 PM

Same team that traded a pick for Tebow needs more then Doom and a 1st

Aftermath
03-03-2013, 12:49 AM
Efff Revis.

Broncos_OTM
03-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Doom and picks...GTFO. Straight across ok... Id still lrefer doom though

Bacchus
03-03-2013, 03:10 PM
NFL.com has an article on Revis and they do not even mention Denver as a possible spot for him.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146266/article/darrelle-revis-trade-talk-buccaneers-eagles-49ers-among-fits

Gutless Drunk
03-03-2013, 03:23 PM
NFL.com has an article on Revis and they do not even mention Denver as a possible spot for him.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146266/article/darrelle-revis-trade-talk-buccaneers-eagles-49ers-among-fits

Incarcerated Bob > NFL.com?

Bacchus
03-03-2013, 04:22 PM
CBS Sportsline talks about 4 things that will make trading for Revis very hard.

1. The contract. From the day he was drafted money has been an issue. He got a rookie deal over the slot he was in and it sent a bad message. He threatened a long holdout a few years later and got an above-market deal, again sending the wrong message. That deal had a "no franchise" clause in it which makes it tough to trade him under this contract.

Of course, Revis wants more money now and a new club better be ready to make him the highest-paid corner in history. What makes matters even tougher is Revis, not the Jets, will control where he winds up.

No team is going to give the Jets the compensation they want without a new deal with Revis. All Revis has to do is not negotiate with a team looking to trade for him and the trade falls apart.

2. Age and injury: Revis is 28 and coming off an ACL injury. Champ Bailey was 25 when he was traded to the Broncos and he was healthy. A team is going to have to pay Revis without knowing if he's 100 percent after his surgery. That's risky business and to say Adrian Peterson came back quickly isn't a good enough reason to say Revis will return to his old form.

The age issue is only a factor because the new contract will clearly take him past his 30th birthday. Not the biggest problem, but when the other option could be drafting a 22-year-old with a bargain salary it will factor into a team's decision.

3. Compensation. The Jets don't intend to give Revis away, especially with a head coach trying to turn around the problems of 2012. The Jets simply don't have many playmakers on the roster, and Revis is one of them.

The Jets should expect a minimum of two high draft picks for Revis. How many teams are really willing to give up their first, second and a high pick next year? The salary cap is going to be close to flat over the next few years and teams have to look at contracts down the road or they will find themselves cutting veterans to get under the cap.

4. The competition. The Ravens just won the Super Bowl (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/superbowl) with Cary Williams, Corey Graham and Jimmie Smith as their top corners. The combined salary for the three players was less than $5 million last year. Having a lockdown corner like Revis is great but at what cost to the rest of the team?

Revis would look at $5 million as his salary for five games. As one coach said, "Darrelle is a great player, but we can always throw the other way."

Complete article here: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pat-kirwan/21791586/why-a-trade-for-darrelle-revis-will-be-difficult-to-pull-off

gyldenlove
03-03-2013, 04:29 PM
CBS Sportsline talks about 4 things that will make trading for Revis very hard.

1. The contract. From the day he was drafted money has been an issue. He got a rookie deal over the slot he was in and it sent a bad message. He threatened a long holdout a few years later and got an above-market deal, again sending the wrong message. That deal had a "no franchise" clause in it which makes it tough to trade him under this contract.

Of course, Revis wants more money now and a new club better be ready to make him the highest-paid corner in history. What makes matters even tougher is Revis, not the Jets, will control where he winds up.

No team is going to give the Jets the compensation they want without a new deal with Revis. All Revis has to do is not negotiate with a team looking to trade for him and the trade falls apart.

2. Age and injury: Revis is 28 and coming off an ACL injury. Champ Bailey was 25 when he was traded to the Broncos and he was healthy. A team is going to have to pay Revis without knowing if he's 100 percent after his surgery. That's risky business and to say Adrian Peterson came back quickly isn't a good enough reason to say Revis will return to his old form.

The age issue is only a factor because the new contract will clearly take him past his 30th birthday. Not the biggest problem, but when the other option could be drafting a 22-year-old with a bargain salary it will factor into a team's decision.

3. Compensation. The Jets don't intend to give Revis away, especially with a head coach trying to turn around the problems of 2012. The Jets simply don't have many playmakers on the roster, and Revis is one of them.

The Jets should expect a minimum of two high draft picks for Revis. How many teams are really willing to give up their first, second and a high pick next year? The salary cap is going to be close to flat over the next few years and teams have to look at contracts down the road or they will find themselves cutting veterans to get under the cap.

4. The competition. The Ravens just won the Super Bowl (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/superbowl) with Cary Williams, Corey Graham and Jimmie Smith as their top corners. The combined salary for the three players was less than $5 million last year. Having a lockdown corner like Revis is great but at what cost to the rest of the team?

Revis would look at $5 million as his salary for five games. As one coach said, "Darrelle is a great player, but we can always throw the other way."

Complete article here: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pat-kirwan/21791586/why-a-trade-for-darrelle-revis-will-be-difficult-to-pull-off

He won't get traded. The Jets can't justify trading the guy who is seen as their best player after the franchise had such a bad year, as it stands the faith of many of the gangrenous fans of the New Jersey Turnpike are unhappy with Sanchez et al., going into full rebuilding mode now without any prospects of replacing Revis with a can't miss prospect is just not an option.

Look at the Manning contract, it had build in safety clauses to allow the Broncos to pull the plug several times during the contract and when he was signed he had been in for several medicals - Revis will not be ready to take medical tests for a long time and there is no point trading him after the draft.

Revis has shown he is all about the money, would he accept a deal without a ton of money up front?

The Jets could only try to justify trading Revis of the spoils were enormous, much bigger than what San Fran got for Smith - and I doubt any team will be offering up more than the top pick in the 2nd round and a 2nd or 3rd rounder next year.

Bacchus
03-03-2013, 04:32 PM
“I think it’s going to get ugly, very ugly,” one NFL source said. “You can’t trade your best player. You do everything to keep him. It’s going to get ugly with the player and the agent. I don’t know how you get around it. It’s very difficult.”

The source said he believes Revis will make a full recovery from his ACL injury because, “ACLs aren’t what they used to be, it’s not a big deal anymore,” but if the Jets were to trade Revis before he gets back on the field “they will get 75 cents on the dollar. If he was not hurt, I would say you would be looking at getting two No. 1s. Now it’s more like a No. 1 and a No. 3. And I’d want a high No. 1.”

Bacchus
03-03-2013, 04:34 PM
He won't get traded. The Jets can't justify trading the guy who is seen as their best player after the franchise had such a bad year, as it stands the faith of many of the gangrenous fans of the New Jersey Turnpike are unhappy with Sanchez et al., going into full rebuilding mode now without any prospects of replacing Revis with a can't miss prospect is just not an option.

Look at the Manning contract, it had build in safety clauses to allow the Broncos to pull the plug several times during the contract and when he was signed he had been in for several medicals - Revis will not be ready to take medical tests for a long time and there is no point trading him after the draft.

Revis has shown he is all about the money, would he accept a deal without a ton of money up front?

The Jets could only try to justify trading Revis of the spoils were enormous, much bigger than what San Fran got for Smith - and I doubt any team will be offering up more than the top pick in the 2nd round and a 2nd or 3rd rounder next year.

The Jets would be stupid to pass up a 1st rounder and Doom if that is the offer. In a 3-4 defense Doom had 17 sacks.

SlyEli
03-03-2013, 04:45 PM
I think the broncos are trying to get another shutdown corner for the next 7 years after champ retires...I think this is a long term move, but hampers them in the short term. It's also important to realize that revis will be 28 this season, 3 years older than champ was when we traded for him, plus revis is coming off a serious knee injury and won't be 100% til nearly mid season.

I feel like instead of spending the 15 million a year for (revis) and 25 mill a year overall just for the two starting cornerbacks is a bit much. I'd rather see them pick up a guy like ed reed or charles woodson and have them play the big nickel for the next two or three years while the team develops draft picks. And you could sign those guys for 4-5 million a year, and have 10 million of revis money to spend on a d-tackle or something.

Revis seems like a win later move, rather than a win now move.

Lestat
03-03-2013, 05:26 PM
eff that nonsense. if we need a CB then draft one. i love Revis but this is about value, and their asking price doesn't fit for us.

Bmore Manning
03-03-2013, 05:52 PM
The Jets would be stupid to pass up a 1st rounder and Doom if that is the offer. In a 3-4 defense Doom had 17 sacks.

Doom plays the role of a 3-4 rush LB in our scheme.. He occasional stands up when rushing, so I'm not exactly sure we can say he's a 17 sack a year player. That's more the outlier than the norm. I'm content with his double digit 10-13 sacks a season. So long as he can perform when it matters in the playoffs.

SlyEli
03-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Doom plays the role of a 3-4 rush LB in our scheme.. He occasional stands up when rushing, so I'm not exactly sure we can say he's a 17 sack a year player. That's more the outlier than the norm. I'm content with his double digit 10-13 sacks a season. So long as he can perform when it matters in the playoffs.

which he didn't do this year

Bmore Manning
03-03-2013, 06:33 PM
which he didn't do this year

Miller didn't show up either.. Let's make sure it's known the blame goes all around that game. The pass rush didn't get home period..

razorwire77
03-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Revis is a monster. Plain and simple, the best press cornerback I've ever seen. You watch the guy and he mauls big receivers like Brandon Marshall and Chad Johnson (when he was good). He jams good WR's right off of their routes consistently. His hands are great, his body control and hips are great, his closing speed is great. He literally has no weaknesses in his game A 1st and Doom is a ridiculous price to pay, but if he truly regains close to 100 percent of his abilities, I'd be OK with it.

I know a lot of people will disagree, but the game tape of Darrelle is just incredible.

MVP-06
03-10-2013, 07:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/73600/report-broncos-show-interest-in-revis

I know this is nothing new but with the Doom talks at an impasse this could start to get legs as Tuesday approaches.

MVP-06
03-10-2013, 07:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/73600/report-broncos-show-interest-in-revis

I know this is nothing new but with the Doom talks at an impasse this could start to get legs as Tuesday approaches.

spiralism
03-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Doom and a second would be a sweet ass price to pay imo and it's a good deal for all.

Atwater His Ass
03-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Doom and a second would be a sweet ass price to pay imo and it's a good deal for all.

ahahahaahahahahahaahahaahahahah

(i assume can't be serious)

spiralism
03-10-2013, 07:56 PM
ahahahaahahahahahaahahaahahahah

(i assume can't be serious)

what, you think they wouldnt accept? High enough pick and a starting pass rusher from the off for a disgruntled player that was hurt all year? This deal works for both.

and if you think it's us getting ripped off, you think a pick in the second round and a pass rusher we'll likely cut anyways isnt worth it to get the best starting CB in the league bar none? It would be the Champ trade all over again.

Atwater His Ass
03-10-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm not for trading an elite pass rusher for a CB (yeah, a ****ing lolCB) that is coming off a serious ****ing knee injury. Remember Rod Woodson? He used to be elite, and never was the same after that. There's no assurance that Revis can recover, but you're willing to pay a premium to find out. I find that absolutely comical.

So we're supposed to trade a preimum player at a a premium position for a ****ing CB coming a dehibilitating injury? Right? ok...lol....

Denver's problem isn't with Revis,,,,,it's why they want to get rid of a player at a position that we've had historical problems filling for DECADES. It's insane to even consider.

The Jets are just propping his vaule because they have no choice and need to cash in while they can, before Revis plays again and everyone can see if he can play at that level or not. It's a lottery.

Doom is a known quantity at a position of greater value. Doesn't make sense to give him up and a high pick for a position that is of much lesser value.

Atwater His Ass
03-10-2013, 08:08 PM
You know what else makes no ****ing sense? Trading Dumervil because "he costs too much" when his cap hit this year would be less than Revis, and continues to be less every ****ing year from then on.

If this team can afford Revis and the new contract that would come with him, then they can afford Elvis and his diminishing contract.

spiralism
03-10-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm not for trading an elite pass rusher for a CB (yeah, a ****ing lolCB) that is coming off a serious ****ing knee injury. Remember Rod Woodson? He used to be elite, and never was the same after that. There's no assurance that Revis can recover, but you're willing to pay a premium to find out. I find that absolutely comical.

So we're supposed to trade a preimum player at a a premium position for a ****ing CB coming a dehibilitating injury? Right? ok...lol....

Denver's problem isn't with Revis,,,,,it's why they want to get rid of a player at a position that we've had historical problems filling for DECADES. It's insane to even consider.

The Jets are just propping his vaule because they have no choice and need to cash in while they can, before Revis plays again and everyone can see if he can play at that level or not. It's a lottery.

Doom is a known quantity at a position of greater value. Doesn't make sense to give him up and a high pick for a position that is of much lesser value.

We probably have the best pass rusher in the NFL on the team at the moment though. And that's on the chance Revis doesn't recover...what if he does?

I dont want doom gone, but i'd rather we get something for the deal at least. A draft pick is every bit as much a lottery as gambling on Revis if not more.

Hamrob
03-10-2013, 08:19 PM
There are players on the market that can take Doom's place. Freeney, Osi, or others. Revis is the best CB in the NFL. Maybe you all watched AP this last year?

This team is about winning NOW! Revis....will help them win NOW. They can fill their other holes with smart FA signing like the past 2yrs, and with their other picks in the draft.

I say...give them the 1 and the 3 or give them the 1 and something else. The key, will be can they sign Revis to a new contract. If they can...then do it!

Atwater His Ass
03-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Except that part of Miller's success is that teams have to account for Dumervil. You cannot underestimate that in a factor to Von's success.

There is no reason Doom should be gone, other than the team wanting to pinch a couple pennies together.

That's really my main issue. Now is the time to pony up and make a push for a title. If the front office is really charted to do that, then there is NO WAY Elvis walks away.

Taking a chance on a crippled CB by getting rid of a top tier pass rusher and a high end draft pick is ludicrious.

I find it amazing how fast fans remember not having a pass rush and not being able to relate how having two elite pass rushers compliment each other. I can already see the threads and posts about how losing Doom was so predictable to Von's loss in production. I suppose the cynic in me would also note that if that's the case, the upcoming contract for Miller would be less. Maybe that is the teams ultimate goal? Save a few pennies now, when you really don't need too, in order to save dollars later when Miller is due to re-up.

Atwater His Ass
03-10-2013, 08:25 PM
There are players on the market that can take Doom's place. Freeney, Osi, or others. Revis is the best CB in the NFL. Maybe you all watched AP this last year?

This team is about winning NOW! Revis....will help them win NOW. They can fill their other holes with smart FA signing like the past 2yrs, and with their other picks in the draft.

I say...give them the 1 and the 3 or give them the 1 and something else. The key, will be can they sign Revis to a new contract. If they can...then do it!

You do ****ing realzie that AP is the exception to the rule, not the norm? Most players coming off a serious knee injury are never the same....you do remember a guy named Terrell Davis?

If the team is about winning now, you don't lose a premium pass rusher like Doom, for a CB.

Sorry, Revis is not the best CB in the NFL. He is an unknown quantity due to his injury. Sorry you bought into the hype of what he's done in the past, with no assurance to what he'll do in the future.

ZONA
03-10-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm not for trading an elite pass rusher for a CB (yeah, a ****ing lolCB) that is coming off a serious ****ing knee injury. Remember Rod Woodson? He used to be elite, and never was the same after that.

You can't really compare Woodson to anybody now days. The technology on sports injuries now is ions past where it was in Woodson's day. Didn't you just see what Peterson did last year on his repaired knee. Your examples of Woodson and TD are dudes that had their surgeries 15-20 years ago.

I think if you can get yourself a Revis, you get him. You can get somebody to give you 12 sacks. Much much much much harder to find a pure shut down physical CB with no weakness in his game.

Atwater His Ass
03-10-2013, 08:46 PM
You don't trade a premium player and a blue chip prospect for a player coming off a significant injury. Especially when that player will command a contract that dwarfs that of the player you traded. ****ing retarded.

You're an idiot if you think any player that has a serious knee injury can come back like Peterson did. He's not the rule, only the exception.

You shouldn't be willing to make such a deal based on that.

And no, I don't agree that you can find an elite pass rusher easier than a CB. And, an elite pass rusher is more valuable than a CB. A sack is as good as a turnover, not to mention hurries/pressures that result in bad throws or int's, etc.

I'll take an elite pass rusher over an elite CB any day and all day.

People here are just getting caught up in the hype due to the Bailey trade. RB's are a lot easier to replace the pass rushers. There's a reason elite rush defending DE's aren't even talked about, while elite pass rush DE's are among the highest paid players in the league.

Atwater His Ass
03-10-2013, 08:49 PM
. You can get somebody to give you 12 sacks.

I just have to laugh at this. You obviously don't realize the elite company "only 12 sacks a year" puts you in.

We have that in a known quantity. You're willing to trade it for an unknown quantity, plus giving up more in a high end prospect pick. Ridiculous.

DBroncos4life
03-10-2013, 08:50 PM
You don't trade a premium player and a blue chip prospect for a player coming off a significant injury. Especially when that player will command a contract that dwarfs that of the player you traded. ****ing retarded.

You're an idiot if you think any player that has a serious knee injury can come back like Peterson did. He's not the rule, only the exception.

You shouldn't be willing to make such a deal based on that.

And no, I don't agree that you can find an elite pass rusher easier than a CB. And, an elite pass rusher is more valuable than a CB. A sack is as good as a turnover, not to mention hurries/pressures that result in bad throws or int's, etc.

I'll take an elite pass rusher over an elite CB any day and all day.

People here are just getting caught up in the hype due to the Bailey trade. RB's are a lot easier to replace the pass rushers. There's a reason elite rush defending DE's aren't even talked about, while elite pass rush DE's are among the highest paid players in the league.
Who is this blue chip prospect you keep flipping out about?

Atwater His Ass
03-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Who is this blue chip prospect you keep flipping out about?

Are you this dense?

DBroncos4life
03-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Are you this dense?

Clearly I'm not following your breakdown very well. I'm guessing you are talking about a draft pick.

ZONA
03-10-2013, 09:08 PM
I just have to laugh at this. You obviously don't realize the elite company "only 12 sacks a year" puts you in.

We have that in a known quantity. You're willing to trade it for an unknown quantity, plus giving up more in a high end prospect pick. Ridiculous.

As I said, you would have a real argument if said defensive player had 12 sacks and he was solid if not good against the run. The fact that you have said player who can give you 12 sacks but at the cost of being average AT BEST against the run, is not so special. You're giving up one thing to get another. I'd take a guy who gave me maybe 8 sacks but was really good in the run game. You can make up for those extra few sacks in a few different ways. Especially with a CB like Revis on your team. That means you can blitz more often, maybe 2 or 3 times more per game. His coverage alone could give you 10 more team sacks on the season.

Not to mention we have this guy named Von Miller who is going to draw plenty of interest from the offense and who ever we replaced Doom with is going to benefit from that as well.

Look - I think alot of us would love to have Doom stay. But we just think it should be something like 8 million per season and not 12 million. Football is a game where these coaches in the NFL will find your weakness and exploit it. You can't overpay situational players.