PDA

View Full Version : [Rumor] Broncos make offer for Revis

Pages : 1 [2]

Atwater His Ass
03-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Pass rushing DE's get paid. Run stuffing DE's do not.

There is not reason the team is in a financial plight because of Doom's contract. It becomes more and more team friendly after this year.

If you think a guy like Ayers or Wolfe can complimate Von as well as Dumervil, then well, wow lol. Just bring in a broken down Freeney and an injury riddled Revis. amirite?? lol.

DBroncos4life
03-10-2013, 10:25 PM
So about this blue chip prospect... who is he?

SonOfLe-loLang
03-10-2013, 11:18 PM
You do ****ing realzie that AP is the exception to the rule, not the norm? Most players coming off a serious knee injury are never the same....you do remember a guy named Terrell Davis?

If the team is about winning now, you don't lose a premium pass rusher like Doom, for a CB.

Sorry, Revis is not the best CB in the NFL. He is an unknown quantity due to his injury. Sorry you bought into the hype of what he's done in the past, with no assurance to what he'll do in the future.

I mostly agree that I'd rather have Doom stay, but you keep bringing up knee injuries from players in the 1990's, and ACLs are like root canals these days. its not just AD. Welker too, among others

Atwater His Ass
03-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Shouldn't just dismiss a major knee injury. Attempt to wash it over all you want. It siginificantly reduses the trade value of Revis. I just hope the Broncos aren't stupid enough to pay a preimum to take on such a huge risk.

There isn't a medical professional out there that would gaurentee Revis' full recovery to the player he once was. Just because a guy like AP can come back doesn't mean it's common practice.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Shouldn't just dismiss a major knee injury. Attempt to wash it over all you want. It siginificantly reduses the trade value of Revis. I just hope the Broncos aren't stupid enough to pay a preimum to take on such a huge risk.

There isn't a medical professional out there that would gaurentee Revis' full recovery to the player he once was. Just because a guy like AP can come back doesn't mean it's common practice.

I'm not washing it over, im saying don't use guys from the 1990's as your examples.

I agree, i'd rather not trade for Revis. If we cut doom and turned him into three pieces that can contribute, I could be talked into that.

Atwater His Ass
03-10-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm not washing it over, im saying don't use guys from the 1990's as your examples.

I agree, i'd rather not trade for Revis. If we cut doom and turned him into three pieces that can contribute, I could be talked into that.

We'll disagree all day then.

I will never agree that you can take a guy with the production of a Dumervil and somehow turn him into 3 equally significant pieces. That kind of fairy land just doesn't happen.

Players just don't miraculously recover from knee injuries either. You are being nothing but short sided in your view on that front.

extralife
03-10-2013, 11:51 PM
I mostly agree that I'd rather have Doom stay, but you keep bringing up knee injuries from players in the 1990's, and ACLs are like root canals these days. its not just AD. Welker too, among others

Welker took a year to get back to being Welker

Mogulseeker
03-11-2013, 12:17 AM
I disagree with most people here who are saying that Von's success is determined purely by Doom.

Von is and edge rusher who consistently wins one-on-one battles

extralife
03-11-2013, 12:19 AM
I disagree with most people here who are saying that Von's success is determined purely by Doom.

that's great and all, but no one said that.

Mogulseeker
03-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Not "purely".... but Von will be just as effective without Doom.

Bacchus
03-11-2013, 05:16 AM
Not "purely".... but Von will be just as effective without Doom.

Von is not getting 20 sacks with Ayers on the other side. It ain't happening.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2013, 06:41 AM
There are players on the market that can take Doom's place. Freeney, Osi, or others.

Lolz. Add them both together and you have close to as many tackles as Doom and one less sack.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2013, 06:43 AM
Von is not getting 20 sacks with Ayers on the other side. It ain't happening.

Imagine what it'd look like with Old Jebediah Freeney over there. LOL

Heyneck
03-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Imagine what it'd look like with Old Jebediah Freeney over there. LOL

Yup... Other teams see Freeney... they run right at him.

TonyR
03-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Could it be the Broncos that made the offer? Doom out, Revis in?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/jets-have-good-offer-on-table-for-revis/

Heyneck
03-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Could it be the Broncos that made the offer? Doom out, Revis in?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/jets-have-good-offer-on-table-for-revis/

not going to happen. we are not going to pay Revis 15/year while PM is still on the books. That would be like 30% of the cap room right there.

Agamemnon
03-11-2013, 08:20 PM
not going to happen. we are not going to pay Revis 15/year while Champ is still on the books. That would be like 20% of the cap room right there.

Fixed.

TonyR
03-11-2013, 08:27 PM
not going to happen. we are not going to pay Revis 15/year while PM is still on the books. That would be like 30% of the cap room right there.

Probably not, but the timing is interesting. And remember they also cut D.J. Williams and Caleb Hanie, and they will probably also cut Joe Mays.

JCMElway
03-11-2013, 08:32 PM
If it's Dumerville and a third, pull the trigger. Way better than just cutting him!

Agamemnon
03-11-2013, 08:36 PM
If it's Dumerville and a third, pull the trigger. Way better than just cutting him!

Dumervil's contract almost certainly makes that a no-go. In fact, if they cut Dumervil I think it's safe to assume his contract is the reason. Dumervil would have nice trade value if his contract and cap number were half or 2/3 of what they currently are (a 2nd and a 4th would be my guess).

maven
03-11-2013, 08:37 PM
So Elvis hasn't been cut or traded, correct?

Agamemnon
03-11-2013, 08:39 PM
So Elvis hasn't been cut or traded, correct?

Not yet, but the reports look grim.

Heyneck
03-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Fixed.

Actually, if theoretically Manning makes 20 mil an Revis 15mil, that would add to 35 mil. That would be roughly 30% of the cap. If you want more precise figures, 30% of the cap roughly equates to 36.9 mil.

Heyneck
03-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Probably not, but the timing is interesting. And remember they also cut D.J. Williams and Caleb Hanie, and they will probably also cut Joe Mays.

DJ, Mays and Hanie were expected cuts. All indications outside of ICB are that we are not interested.

maven
03-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Not yet, but the reports look grim.

okay, so there's hope. I saw the appreciation thread thread and i was like wtf.

Agamemnon
03-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Actually, if theoretically Manning makes 20 mil an Revis 15mil, that would add to 35 mil. That would be roughly 30% of the cap. If you want more precise figures, 30% of the cap roughly equates to 36.9 mil.

You missed the part where I changed Manning to Champ. That was the main point. No team is going to pay #1 corner money to two corners.

Heyneck
03-11-2013, 08:58 PM
You missed the part where I changed Manning to Champ. That was the main point. No team is going to pay #1 corner money to two corners.

completely missed it! You are right about that.

NFLBRONCO
03-11-2013, 09:27 PM

This is why I don't get the rumor

Agamemnon
03-11-2013, 09:31 PM
This is why I don't get the rumor

Actually I think it could happen. But if it did Champ would almost certainly get cut soon after (unless he took a massive pay cut).

Ratboy
03-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Profootballtalk.com reports the Jets have a "good" trade offer on the table for Darrelle Revis.

The offer is classified as "good" in terms of compensation for the Jets and the financial terms that would extend to Revis. However, that financial package has yet to be shared with Revis and his agents due to GM John Idzik stubborn unwillingness to grant Revis' camp permission to discuss a contract with other teams. The Falcons, Broncos, and 49ers have recently denied interest in Revis. A rumor of Eagles GM Howie Roseman "crunching numbers" and "putting together an offer" for Revis surfaced on Sunday.

edit:

Already posted.