PDA

View Full Version : Falcons to release Turner....better option than Mcgahee?

kdissette
02-22-2013, 06:14 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1539624-atlanta-falcons-will-reportedly-release-rb-michael-turner?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=cnn-sports-bin&hpt=hp_bn15

I know all the trollers will be smartasses but I think he would make a much safer big option than Mcgahee if the price is right....this saying Dwyer isnt an option of course because youth always wins with RBs but seriously this guy knows how to get yards especially if hes just a situational back. what do you think?

spiralism
02-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Does he fumble more or less than McGahee? That should provide the answer to be honest.

broncosteven
02-22-2013, 06:33 PM
I have soured on Willis this year. He fumbles too much and is always out for at least 2-4 games a year. I think Willis pre injury is more explosive than Turner is now but who knows at this point.

I would love to see Turner as a short yardage back but don't see him busting off 1k in our system.

What we really need is a back who can take over games and salt them away at the end. That takes youth and quickness, neither things Turner has much of at this point.

I think there are better cheaper backs to be had in FA.

*WARHORSE*
02-22-2013, 07:05 PM
NO.

Hes done.

Mogulseeker
02-22-2013, 07:14 PM
I have soured on Willis this year. He fumbles too much and is always out for at least 2-4 games a year. I think Willis pre injury is more explosive than Turner is now but who knows at this point.

I would love to see Turner as a short yardage back but don't see him busting off 1k in our system.

What we really need is a back who can take over games and salt them away at the end. That takes youth and quickness, neither things Turner has much of at this point.

I think there are better cheaper backs to be had in FA.

Pretty much this, although Turner fits a prototypical John Fox back.

I didn't realize Dwyer was RFA. I think he might be the answer.

SlyEli
02-22-2013, 07:17 PM
no thanks.

MVP-06
02-22-2013, 07:19 PM
I would rather wait and see what Steven Jackson is wanting after the Rams let him go. Still pissed we drafted D.J. Over him.

RaiderH8r
02-22-2013, 07:35 PM
I would rather wait and see what Steven Jackson is wanting after the Rams let him go. Still pissed we drafted D.J. Over him.

McKid would have traded him anyway.

kdissette
02-22-2013, 07:55 PM
steven jackson would be an amazing steal...but i bet he goes to a team like the Pats or Steelers....he would be perfect and i agree turner doesnt have alot left but i think he would be more consistent than mcgahee i mean his injury really hurt us at the worst possible time and i would prefer never to see hillman getting that many carries in meaningful games again the guy is a scatback at best we need a mauler between the tackles and i dont think drafting one is the answer

broncosteven
02-22-2013, 08:17 PM
steven jackson would be an amazing steal...but i bet he goes to a team like the Pats or Steelers....he would be perfect and i agree turner doesnt have alot left but i think he would be more consistent than mcgahee i mean his injury really hurt us at the worst possible time and i would prefer never to see hillman getting that many carries in meaningful games again the guy is a scatback at best we need a mauler between the tackles and i dont think drafting one is the answer

I get your point about Hillman, he is not a 30 carry RB but he did do a great job after getting pressed into action after KM went down. Too bad Hester **** the bed on short yardage.

I am excited to see if he can add a lot of muscle and be harder to bring down this year.

spdirty
02-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Oh for God's sakes, the hell with the old broken down useless running backs whose old teams don't want them anymore. I'd rather release Willis and role into next year with Knowshon, Hillman, and Jeremiah Johnson, and take a shot at landing this years Alfred Morris in the 5th, 6th, or 7th round.

Steven Jackson and/or Michael Turner? Hell with that, you can get just as much or more production than them just looking at our own practice squad. Without spending a ton.

maher_tyler
02-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Oh for God's sakes, the hell with the old broken down useless running backs whose old teams don't want them anymore. I'd rather release Willis and role into next year with Knowshon, Hillman, and Jeremiah Johnson, and take a shot at landing this years Alfred Morris in the 5th, 6th, or 7th round.

Steven Jackson and/or Michael Turner? Hell with that, you can get just as much or more production than them just looking at our own practice squad. Without spending a ton.

I'd take Jackson over any of the RBs we currently have in a heartbeat. I wouldn't be disapointed at all if we signed him.

spdirty
02-22-2013, 09:38 PM
I'd take Jackson over any of the RBs we currently have in a heartbeat. I wouldn't be disapointed at all if we signed him.

what price you want the team to pay for an oft injured running back going into his 9th year?

DENVERDUI55
02-22-2013, 09:41 PM
what price you want the team to pay for an oft injured running back going into his 9th year?

The Rams will pay Denver to take him. :rofl:

cutthemdown
02-22-2013, 11:14 PM
He's a better option if Mcgahee not what he was before this last injury but I am worried about Willis. I doubt he has anything left at this point. Who knows though he is used to making comebacks.

Turner though we are in same boat. NO BIG PLAYS. Time to get more explosive and take Lacey if he is there. If not take one of the good guards that are available. Either way you work on the running game.

If broncos put everything into Kuper coming back,Walton coming back, that would be a huge risk. I think they at least have to bring in a journeyman vet who could start at guard if need be.

cutthemdown
02-22-2013, 11:16 PM
If we kept Moreno and Hillman, and then added say a Chris Ivory, or a Jonathan Dwyer we could probably be decent at that spot. Stop gap type thing.

In a way I could see Broncos taking Trufant or another top CB. Bailey isn't getting any younger and Carter more a 3rd CB IMO.

cutthemdown
02-22-2013, 11:17 PM
I like Chris Ivory he could really explode on the right team.

maher_tyler
02-23-2013, 12:48 AM

Just saying that he's still better than what we have. We need to bring in a RB...I'd be happy as long as any of the guys currently on the roster aren't the starter. RB was easily a weak spot on O.

cutthemdown
02-23-2013, 01:05 AM
We can find a RB with more tread left on the tires then Turner. He looks so slow when he plays now.

schaaf
02-23-2013, 01:27 AM
Yeah, him and Mcgahee are pretty much the same player at this point

i4jelway7
02-23-2013, 03:18 AM
I like Chris Ivory he could really explode on the right team.

^ This is my choice

gunns
02-23-2013, 04:32 AM

I've never understood anyone being enamored by Jackson. Or Turner now. Actually Turner, having been a backup for his first 4 years, has more TD's than Jackson. Both are in their 9th year and considering that a RB's lifespan is between 4 and 5 years, they are the end of their ropes. Both remind me of wanting DeAngelo Williams. All have had 1 good year and that was a while ago. We need youth at that position. I'd consider Dwyer or Ivory and agree with you about 1 in the 5th to 7th round too.

kdissette
02-23-2013, 05:33 AM
last i looked slowshon sucks balls except for 2games...oh yeah and hes been injured since hes been in the league...if we continue to pay that idiot we are making a huge mistake. Hillman has zero chance of being a number 1 for 17games the guys barely bigger than trindon holliday. Mcgahee is just not trustworthy longterm. Both Turner and Jackson have been more consitent than either of the backs on our roster. We dont need some hollywood stretch running game....we need consitent short yardage backs that can catch a ball out of the backfield....mcgahee cant catch, slowshon cant run, or break tackles, and hillman is just too small....and rookies fumble and usually arent productive their first year...we need a proven back that can be reliable...and nobody on the roster right now is either.

barryr
02-23-2013, 05:48 AM
After seeing what happens at the RB position over the years, there is no way I would bother drafting a RB high in the draft unless you are in position to draft a fairly certain HOF type of RB. Nor would I bother giving big money to a veteran RB with mileage. So many capable, if not really good RB's are being found at all stages in the draft and even undrafted free agency that it seems a waste to spend a ton of money at that position. Yes, the Broncos need help at RB, but not in the first round nor spending big money on veterans who have taken too many hits.

kdissette
02-23-2013, 05:52 AM
we are a contender so we will be getting veterans especially career losing team vets on the cheap believe that

cmhargrove
02-23-2013, 07:29 AM
Pass on Turner. The Falcons also believe themselves to be a SB contender and they are fine with releasing him. I don't see that he adds anything to our current team.

I believe we could find much more value in a current #2 player like Ivory or Bradshaw. If we are going to keep and "older" back on the roster, it might as well be Willis. I do think Jackson would be a significant upgrade, but not at the price.

Lets stick with the youth movement at RB. Find us a gem in rounds 3-5, but this year, find us a "Fox style" back that has more power than Hillman.

winstoncup bronco
02-23-2013, 07:48 AM
Yeah, let's pick up a young RB to plug in and carry the load. I think they're on the top shelf, aisle 5. :yep:

Turner is slow and a surprisingly old 31. Pass.

I have no problem with Steven Jackson. He's not young, but neither is our QB, and he needs help with the offense. We're in 'win now', aren't we?

So, we can draft a RB this year, but not too high, right?, because that would be a waste of a draft pick. So let's look to the mid rounds for a guy that can take over and replace what we have, because, yeah, it's that easy I guess.

McGahee is good when he's not fumbling or getting injured. Moreno plays well long enough to start believing, then he drive the stake through the heart with another injury. I like Hillman, but he's not a feature back, and that's ok. There's a place for him on this team.

With the self destruct feature of this team ticking down daily, you don't have the luxury of experimenting drafting chance RB's in the mid rounds, hoping they are the one. If you roll the dice with a 36 year old QB coming off serious injury, trying to secure Jackson within the framework of the team is a no brainer. We don't need a RB of the future right now, unless you plan on taking a top tier back in the draft. The clock is ticking on this team.

BroncosfanGuy
02-23-2013, 09:04 AM
we are a contender so we will be getting veterans especially career losing team vets on the cheap believe that

if they go after vets they should go after productive vets. I think Turner is done as far as being a productive NFL back goes.

Heyneck
02-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Turner is done!!! I would stick to WM over turner any day of the week. Turner is slower than KM by know. And if you guys saw Elway's combine presser you would know what he thinks of KM. Moreno ain't going anywhere.

If we are going to replace WM with a vet, it better be with Jackson or Ivory. Other than that, draft a RB. (Still drool over Lattimore in the 3rd, even 2nd)

TheChamp24
02-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Turner is DONE.
Only 5 games last year, including playoffs, did he average over 4 yards a carry. He's not a receiving threat, doesn't have any speed, and also fumbled 3 times last year losing 1.

He isn't going to come in and do better than what McGahee or Moreno did last year, not a chance. Heck I'd really wonder if he'd be any better than Lance Ball was.

BroncoBrett
02-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Willis is a better pass catcher out of the back field than Turner by far. Willis>Turner. More versitility in the offense. If I had to choose. But I hope they can do better than this this year..

Lestat
02-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Turner is not what this team needs, no thanks. we need a RB in the draft. unless Jackson wants to come on board.

DenverBroncosJM
02-23-2013, 12:40 PM
S Jackson on dump offs would be amazing, he is also good in pass protection

Arkie
02-23-2013, 01:46 PM

I would take a shot on Knile Davis. I've seen him projected to go anywhere from the the 3rd to undrafted. He lead the SEC in rushing in 2010 over several current NFL backs.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tV6hW2ggiO4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncswin
02-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Dwyer, Ivory... Or find one in the later part of the draft. I don't want old, broken down RBs on this team anymore!! Get rid of Willis

DenverBroncosJM
02-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Kniles looks interesting.

gunns
02-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Both Turner and Jackson have been in the league for 9 years. Both remind me of "bringing in DeAngelo Williams". All have had one really good year and basically that's it. If we bring in someone, Dwyer or Ivory. Bradshaw is oft injured also. I like the idea of picking one up late in the draft also.

broncosteven
02-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Both Turner and Jackson have been in the league for 9 years. Both remind me of "bringing in DeAngelo Williams". All have had one really good year and basically that's it. If we bring in someone, Dwyer or Ivory. Bradshaw is oft injured also. I like the idea of picking one up late in the draft also.

I think Bradshaw is the most intreguing (sp?) FA. I am not sure about Jackson, he hasn't done much lately, Bradshaw has won SB's which is a good intangible. I know Bradshaw has injury issues and he has a lot of mileage but of the FA's I would like to kick the tires on him the most.

broncobum6162
02-24-2013, 06:06 AM

Like...

jerseyboiler120
02-24-2013, 07:27 AM
Turner is not an upgrade by any stretch. I would love to see us get Jackson. With our passing attack, being able to really pound a defense into submission with Jackson would create such a lethal 1-2 punch no one would be able to keep us under 20 points.

Bmore Manning
02-24-2013, 07:39 AM
Just read that Broncos and Falcons are courting Shonn Green.. I hope they outbid us for his services..

jerseyboiler120
02-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Just read that Broncos and Falcons are courting Shonn Green.. I hope they outbid us for his services..

Shown Greene? I hope not. I live here in New Jersey, and having to watch him over the past couple seasons has been painful. No top end speed, and not much power.

Bmore Manning
02-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Shown Greene? I hope not. I live here in New Jersey, and having to watch him over the past couple seasons has been painful. No top end speed, and not much power.

I'm with you!

jerseyboiler120
02-24-2013, 07:56 AM
I'm with you!

My best friend is a jets fan so I watch all the games with him very closely. Even when the pathetic O-line of the jets does open a huge hole, Greene only takes it about 8 yards. We need a power back that can turn those 8 yarders into 30 yarders. Greene doesn't have that ability.

Bmore Manning
02-24-2013, 08:06 AM
My best friend is a jets fan so I watch all the games with him very closely. Even when the pathetic O-line of the jets does open a huge hole, Greene only takes it about 8 yards. We need a power back that can turn those 8 yarders into 30 yarders. Greene doesn't have that ability.

I have watched every team this season, and a majority of their games. Being an East Coast guy also I have seen way too much of Green, and I want no parts. He's slow and soft. I really question our front office.. Green sucks..

Beantown Bronco
02-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Both Turner and Jackson have been in the league for 9 years. Both remind me of "bringing in DeAngelo Williams". All have had one really good year and basically that's it.

Steven Jackson has 13,500 all purpose yards and 64 TDs in 9 seasons. 3 seasons with over 1,200 yds rushing alone. Almost all of that was behind a miserable OLine, with opposing defenses keyed on him because they had no other threats.

One good year? C'mon now.

elsid13
02-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Chris Ivory and Dwyer are both Restricted Free Agents and not worth giving up a draft picks for.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency

Br0nc0Buster
02-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Chris Ivory and Dwyer are both Restricted Free Agents and not worth giving up a draft picks for.

I like Ivory

No point in spending premium picks on a RB in today's nfl

broncswin
02-24-2013, 09:14 AM

Didn't know that...well hell back to the drawing boards.......................ok I'm back, how about we sign Reggie Bush then

DENVERDUI55
02-24-2013, 09:15 AM

Agreed soft and slow. He had a great OL in NY and couldn't do anything special.

BroncosfanGuy
02-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Just read that Broncos and Falcons are courting Shonn Green..

http://xspblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/not-want.jpg

Heyneck
02-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Steven Jackson has 13,500 all purpose yards and 64 TDs in 9 seasons. 3 seasons with over 1,200 yds rushing alone. Almost all of that was behind a miserable OLine, with opposing defenses keyed on him because they had no other threats.

One good year? C'mon now.

And 8 straight 1000 yard seasons. Sucks, I think he makes it back to Stl. Fisher seems to want him back.

Bacchus
02-24-2013, 12:47 PM

I disagree, I think Dwyer can be good, he does run with power. I would give a 6th or 7th for him.

My first preference is draft a RB. Dwyer would be an option because he is still very young,

Bacchus
02-24-2013, 12:52 PM
6. Hall of Fame role model: Wisconsin RB Montee Ball (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29208/montee-ball) had an interesting response when asked about his running style. He said his idol is former Bronco great Terrell Davis (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/790/terrell-davis), but added, "I feel I run a lot like Curtis Martin (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/775/curtis-martin)." That a college senior knows about the Jets' Hall of Famer, who last played in 2005, tells me something about the kid. A lot of 20-somethings have no idea about anything that occurred before 2010. Ball could be an interesting option for the Jets in the second round (39th overall).

g6matty
02-24-2013, 12:53 PM
i know hes a douche bag but if were going after any restricted free agents i love the way LeGarrette Blount plays

jerseyboiler120
02-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Can we sayyyyyy, Steven Jackson?

Bmore Manning
02-24-2013, 04:26 PM
i know hes a douche bag but if were going after any restricted free agents i love the way LeGarrette Blount plays

I despise of him as a person. He's the ultimate chump for what he did, not to mention bad team mate and immature don't bode well with Manning.

Aside from the fact that he can't pass protect, the way he runs is exactly what we need and he should be much more affordable than Green if Tampa cuts him loose. With how much I despise him, I would gladly take him over Green.

jerseyboiler120
02-24-2013, 04:47 PM
I don't see Elway bringing in any scumbags. Regardless of how they play. Besides, Blount has not done anything close to dominating. I wouldn't list him in the top 50 backs that come to mind.

Requiem
02-24-2013, 04:48 PM
There are a handful of guys Denver could find in the draft. I really hope Greene is not brought in by us. He is quite average. The OL of the Jets had some issues the past season, but I am still not over enthused at the idea of bringing him in.

Bmore Manning
02-24-2013, 05:18 PM
I don't see Elway bringing in any scumbags. Regardless of how they play. Besides, Blount has not done anything close to dominating. I wouldn't list him in the top 50 backs that come to mind.

He has talent as evidence of two seasons ago.. He was lost behind Martin last year..

Scumbag he is.

Bmore Manning
02-24-2013, 05:19 PM
There are a handful of guys Denver could find in the draft. I really hope Greene is not brought in by us. He is quite average. The OL of the Jets had some issues the past season, but I am still not over enthused at the idea of bringing him in.

It's sad I would rather have a scumbag like Blount than Green. I agree there are some solid prospects in the draft.

Cito Pelon
02-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Dude has about 100 carries left in him.

extralife
02-24-2013, 06:16 PM
My preference in free agent backs, taking likely salary into consideration:

1. Ahmad Bradshaw
2. Chris Ivory
3. No one
4. Steven Jackson
5. Anyone else
6. Shonn Greene
7. Me
8. Michael Turner

kdissette
02-24-2013, 06:49 PM
id love for us to dump slowshon and pickup reggie bush if hes not to expensive as well...i think manning would drool to have someone like him catching balls out of the backfield hes what hillman should be in like 2-3yrs. if we go bush i wouldnt mind keeping mcgahee and then hillman that would be a powerful and pretty explosive running game

extralife
02-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Bush is looking to get paid.

And the last time he joined a team with a top tier passing game he looked lost. And we don't need his returning skills, either. He'd be a red zone weapon, but not at the money he's going to want.

kdissette
02-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Bush is looking to get paid.

And the last time he joined a team with a top tier passing game he looked lost. And we don't need his returning skills, either. He'd be a red zone weapon, but not at the money he's going to want.

IDK he got paid and at this point with as many people saying hes only a gimmick back i think he wants to prove he can be a winner...but we are all just making guesses at this point but i would love to see him in orange

extralife
02-24-2013, 07:25 PM
He's not back in Miami because he wants to be paid.

Cito Pelon
02-24-2013, 07:29 PM
id love for us to dump slowshon and pickup reggie bush if hes not to expensive as well...i think manning would drool to have someone like him catching balls out of the backfield hes what hillman should be in like 2-3yrs. if we go bush i wouldnt mind keeping mcgahee and then hillman that would be a powerful and pretty explosive running game

Can Reggie pick up the blitz, or is he just a pretty boy?

Bmore Manning
02-24-2013, 11:52 PM
He's not back in Miami because he wants to be paid.

That's not exactly true. In fact he really wants to stay in Miami. Money is a factor probably because they are low balling him and using that leverage knowing he really likes it there. I'm sure Bush knows he cannot command North of say $4 million a season.

cutthemdown
02-24-2013, 11:54 PM
I don't see Broncos spending a lot in FA on a RB.

Bmore Manning
02-25-2013, 12:05 AM
I don't see Broncos spending a lot in FA on a RB.

And the problem is we are courting one who isn't worth a penny.. We should be courting Knighton (DT) and Schwartz (RG/RT).. A JDR and Foxy product respectively..

kdissette
02-25-2013, 07:59 AM
i have a feeling elway might go a little hollywood in the draft and FA this year....hes got the full swagger confidence going and hes been on a roll. Plus as stacked with young talent as our team is he can afford to go all in this year.

BroncoMan4ever
02-25-2013, 08:10 AM
My preference in free agent backs, taking likely salary into consideration:

1. Ahmad Bradshaw
2. Chris Ivory
3. No one
4. Steven Jackson
5. Anyone else
6. Shonn Greene
7. Me
8. Michael Turner

here's my list

Le'Veon Bell in the 2nd or 3rd

BroncoMan4ever
02-25-2013, 08:22 AM
I like Ivory

No point in spending premium picks on a RB in today's nfl

are you kidding me?

Baltimore had Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce a 2nd and 3rd round pick respectively
San Francisco has Frank Gore a 3rd round pick
Pats have Stevan Ridley a 3rd round pick

3 of the final 4 teams in the NFL playoffs this past season had at least a 3rd round pick at the RB position.

i'm not saying take Lacy in the 1st, but it is a smart idea to use a quality pick on a RB. in the playoffs a team needs to be able to run and Denver couldn't. Get a guy like Bell in the 2nd or 3rd and that changes completely.

Requiem
02-25-2013, 08:31 AM
here's my list

Le'Veon Bell in the 2nd or 3rd

All we need is a little more Le'Veon Bell.

Beantown Bronco
02-25-2013, 08:57 AM
are you kidding me?

Baltimore had Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce a 2nd and 3rd round pick respectively
San Francisco has Frank Gore a 3rd round pick
Pats have Stevan Ridley a 3rd round pick

3 of the final 4 teams in the NFL playoffs this past season had at least a 3rd round pick at the RB position.

i'm not saying take Lacy in the 1st, but it is a smart idea to use a quality pick on a RB. in the playoffs a team needs to be able to run and Denver couldn't. Get a guy like Bell in the 2nd or 3rd and that changes completely.

Over the past two seasons, the "final four" teams were made up of quite a few teams that either sucked running the ball or were mediocre at it. Denver was better than ALL of them in 2011 and better than or comparable to two of them (including the SB winner) in 2012.

Of the 8 teams in question, their rankings in the regular season were as follows:

32 (Giants in 2011)
29 (Falcons in 2012)
20 (Pats in 2011)
11 (Ravens in 2012)
10 (Ravens in 2011)
8 (49ers in 2011)
7 (Pats in 2012)
4 (49ers in 2012)

Mountain Bronco
02-25-2013, 09:34 AM
He is so done, pass on that junk

Punisher
02-25-2013, 09:42 AM
Has this thread been bump from 2008?

Bacchus
02-25-2013, 09:54 AM
I say Cut Moreno, keep McGahee for the final year of his contract and let him, Jeremiah Johnson, Ronnie Hillman, Mario Fannin and a rookie battle it out. I just do not see upside to bringing in a FA at this point.

maven
02-25-2013, 09:57 AM
I say Cut Moreno, keep McGahee for the final year of his contract and let him, Jeremiah Johnson, Ronnie Hillman, Mario Fannin and a rookie battle it out. I just do not see upside to bringing in a FA at this point.

It's good your not the GM.

Denver should upgrade the RB position via draft/Free Agency. And I don't care if they use a #1 pick to do it.

Tombstone RJ
02-25-2013, 09:59 AM

Definitely cut Moreno. And definitely draft another RB. I seriously doubt Fanning or JJ make the team next year. I'm thinking it will be WM, RH, Draft Pick and maybe one more RB/FB who's a special teams player.

Beantown Bronco
02-25-2013, 10:00 AM

Not to nitpick, but McGahee still has two years remaining on his contract.

7/30/2011: Signed a four-year, $9.5 million contract. The deal contains $3 million guaranteed, including a $2 million signing bonus. 2013: $2.5 million, 2014: $2 million, 2015: Free Agent

Beantown Bronco
02-25-2013, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't be so quick to simply cut Moreno. It would cost the same or more against the cap to cut him vs keeping him for one more year. Cut Ball.

BroncosfanGuy
02-25-2013, 11:28 AM

why would you cut Moreno and keep McGahee, the mountain man, and Fannin around to share with Hillman?

Bacchus
02-25-2013, 11:31 AM
It's good your not the GM.

Denver should upgrade the RB position via draft/Free Agency. And I don't care if they use a #1 pick to do it.

Isn't that what I said, well draft a RB. FBs have proven over and over again to FAIL!!! Now if they want to get a Dwyer who is still very young than that would be fine but no to Turner, Jackson, Williams, Greene or any of the other old, slow, or under producing RBs out there.

Good thing you aren't GM!!

Bacchus
02-25-2013, 11:33 AM
why would you cut Moreno and keep McGahee, the mountain man, and Fannin around to share with Hillman?

McGahee is the better RB and he only has a 1 year deal left worth $2.5 mill. Moreno has a salary cap figure of $3.18. Neither are long term answers and right now McGahee is better.

If they want to bring Moreno into camp that would be cool as well. Just don't start wasting cap money on RBs you will be paying 3 years after they flop out of the league.

Beantown Bronco
02-25-2013, 11:39 AM
McGahee is the better RB and he only has a 1 year deal left worth $2.5 mill.

Moreno outplayed him last year and, as I pointed out above, McGahee has TWO years left on his contract, not one.

Moreno has a salary cap figure of $3.18.

McGahee's is higher.

If they want to bring Moreno into camp that would be cool as well. Just don't start wasting cap money on RBs you will be paying 3 years after they flop out of the league.

They wouldn't be "wasting" any more money on Moreno than McGahee. Both have two years remaining on their deals.

BroncosfanGuy
02-25-2013, 11:39 AM
McGahee is the better RB and he only has a 1 year deal left worth $2.5 mill. Moreno has a salary cap figure of $3.18. Neither are long term answers and right now McGahee is better.

I think the bolded is highly debatable, but that doesn't answer my question as to why Denver should let Moreno go while keeping Fannin and the Mountain Man around. Neither has really done anything of note in the league and Johnson is a slower COP RB than Hillman. Not sure what Denver gains from dumping Moreno and replacing him with those guys.

Heyneck
02-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Who ever saw Elway's presser knows how much he values KM. KM ain't going anywhere people. Deal with it.

capt. Jack
02-25-2013, 12:38 PM
I think so, all we need is a strong ground game, and we win it all !

GoBroncos DownUnder
02-26-2013, 05:15 AM
I think so, all we need is a strong ground game, the referees to learn how to call PI, and we win it all !

FIFY!! :thumbs:

Bacchus
02-26-2013, 07:14 AM
I think the bolded is highly debatable, but that doesn't answer my question as to why Denver should let Moreno go while keeping Fannin and the Mountain Man around. Neither has really done anything of note in the league and Johnson is a slower COP RB than Hillman. Not sure what Denver gains from dumping Moreno and replacing him with those guys.

Well, if you would have quoted everything I said you will have noticed that I did say I did not care if they brought Moreno in to compete. His cut is strictly for salary cap purposes. My main idea is not to bring in a FA RB and to build through the draft. What are you a politician taking everything out of context?

Bring them all in draft a RB and let them fight it out. I am pretty sure Moreno will be cut but let him come to camp.

edog24
02-26-2013, 07:35 AM
Does Moreno make way more than he should? I guess I don't get the rush to get rid of him, we would have been in big trouble this past season without him. I think Ball and Hester are practice squad material, if we find something better in the draft they are replaceable.

Hillman I'm not sure about, pretty disappointed he is so one dimensional, very little upside so far.

At this stage of win now he might need to ride the pine or bulk up to learn how to block and play on ST.

Bacchus
04-26-2013, 07:58 PM
6. Hall of Fame role model: Wisconsin RB Montee Ball (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29208/montee-ball) had an interesting response when asked about his running style. He said his idol is former Bronco great Terrell Davis (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/790/terrell-davis), but added, "I feel I run a lot like Curtis Martin (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/775/curtis-martin)." That a college senior knows about the Jets' Hall of Famer, who last played in 2005, tells me something about the kid. A lot of 20-somethings have no idea about anything that occurred before 2010. Ball could be an interesting option for the Jets in the second round (39th overall).

I stand by this one.