PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon Moreno had knee surgery after the season

pricejj
02-21-2013, 09:09 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/02/21/broncos-moreno-had-knee-surgery-following-season/18540/

"Moreno underwent a treatment to insert stem cells harvested from bone marrow in his pelvis into his right knee. It is the same knee Moreno tore the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) to end his 2011 season."

underrated29
02-21-2013, 09:39 PM
From this day forth I hereby declare him as kneeshon Moreno

theAPAOps5
02-21-2013, 10:04 PM
That is no bueno

DHallblows
02-21-2013, 10:21 PM
CUT HIM!

Sorry, I thought that was the established reaction to a Knowshon thread around here...

Ratboy
02-21-2013, 10:29 PM
We need a running back or 2. There is no way we can rely on Moreno or Willis through the season. I really like Ronnie Hillman and believe he'll contribute a lot more next season, but we need that every down back.

I would like to see the Broncos pursue Ahmad Bradshaw or Steven Jackson.

lonestar
02-21-2013, 10:58 PM
We need a running back or 2. There is no way we can rely on Moreno or Willis through the season. I really like Ronnie Hillman and believe he'll contribute a lot more next season, but we need that every down back.

What are you going pay them with? Currently less than 4 million to spend after Clady is tagged as well as needing to find a couple DT's and some other players that are UFA from last years roster.

What are you going to do in 1-2 years when they are washed up.

Super easy to throw out stuff to see if it sticks, but much harder to plan it out.

SlyEli
02-21-2013, 11:04 PM
What are you going pay them with? Currently less than 4 million to spend after Clady is tagged as well as needing to find a couple DT's and some other players that are UFA from last years roster.

Super easy to throw out stuff to see if it sticks, but much harder to plan it out.

Cuts are coming soon...after getting rid of the wastes of money like dj there'll be more space

ZONA
02-21-2013, 11:12 PM

I doubt that's going to happen. The one area in the draft where rookies can have an immediate impact is RB. They're are guys all over the draft who can come in and get it done at RB for us. You can't just look at the projected top RB's in college. You also are going to see several late round players come up big, happens all the time. We used to be very good at finding those players. We obviously need to get better at it. I hate the idea of trying to get Jackson or Bradshaw. If they were 10 years younger, maybe.

Ball is junk - Moreno unreliable due to injury - McGahee unreliable due to age - Hillman can't take a full load - Hester not starting material.

Find a few good backs in the draft.

SlyEli
02-21-2013, 11:21 PM
I doubt that's going to happen. The one area in the draft where rookies can have an immediate impact is RB. They're are guys all over the draft who can come in and get it done at RB for us. You can't just look at the projected top RB's in college. You also are going to see several late round players come up big, happens all the time. We used to be very good at finding those players. We obviously need to get better at it. I hate the idea of trying to get Jackson or Bradshaw. If they were 10 years younger, maybe.

Ball is junk - Moreno unreliable due to injury - McGahee unreliable due to age - Hillman can't take a full load - Hester not starting material.

Find a few good backs in the draft.

You realize Bradshaw is 26, right?

ZONA
02-21-2013, 11:30 PM
You realize Bradshaw is 26, right?

Yes, I was just clumping him with Jackson. Bradshaw is a nice back but at what his price will be, I don't think you'll get the best value. And he's about 190 pounds. Again, we already have our change of pace guy in Hillman. I think Bradshaw is obviously a bit more physical then Hillman but you're not going to pay Bradshaw his dollars while paying Hillman.....and still need to get that bigger 220 pound type of back that can still crank out some long runs. Would I rather have Bradshaw then Hillman, sure. But I don't think they're going to go that direction in terms of a back. I'm hoping they're looking for somebody with a little more size but the same shiftiness and speed.

gunns
02-22-2013, 03:43 AM

If you want an "every down" back I don't believe Bradshaw is the guy. In his 6 years he's only played all 16 games once, never starting all. He is a decent receiver though.

bowtown
02-22-2013, 04:14 AM

You know what would be hilarious? If you just said the same stupid **** in every single post you make and then post like 50 times a day in every thread on the OM.

Oh you already do that? Hilarious!

TheReverend
02-22-2013, 04:29 AM
Honestly, I just assumed he has a knee surgery every weekend.

elsid13
02-22-2013, 05:15 AM
If you inject stem cells isn't that an attempt to treat a degeneration of the cartilage? Sound like a long term problem career ending problem vs a quick fix.

Beantown Bronco
02-22-2013, 05:22 AM
If you inject stem cells isn't that an attempt to treat a degeneration of the cartilage? Sound like a long term problem career ending problem vs a quick fix.

If that were the case, I'm sure we would've heard something by now. That's not exactly something you can just hide, especially for a guy like Moreno that's been under the microscope for the last few years.

elsid13
02-22-2013, 05:30 AM
If that were the case, I'm sure we would've heard something by now. That's not exactly something you can just hide, especially for a guy like Moreno that's been under the microscope for the last few years.

Maybe the knee hasn't responded, and this is the first attempt to fix it. I think it odd that they are inject stem cells if there wasn't a problem or maybe it a Crossfit thing..

Bacchus
02-22-2013, 05:32 AM
He is scheduled ot make over $3 million this year. Could be interesting, I think he will have vaule in the FA market if Denver does not wish to pay him that.

Beantown Bronco
02-22-2013, 05:41 AM
He is scheduled ot make over $3 million this year. Could be interesting, I think he will have vaule in the FA market if Denver does not wish to pay him that.

I'm not sure where you got that number, but he's only scheduled to make $1.7 mil next year. Maybe his cap hit?

Bacchus
02-22-2013, 05:45 AM
I'm not sure where you got that number, but he's only scheduled to make $1.7 mil next year. Maybe his cap hit?

Moreno also carries a rather hefty $3.287 million salary-cap charge in the upcoming season, which for a team looking to create some cap room in the coming weeks and with at least some uncertainty of Moreno's availability, may get a look for a trim.

Read more: NFL draft could cure Broncos' injury concerns at running back, O-line - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22640317/nfl-draft-could-cure-broncos-injury-concerns-at#ixzz2LdSGH9hD

I gave up a long time ago figuring out how they come up with salaries. Cap hit is probably what it is.

socalorado
02-22-2013, 06:07 AM
I think he gets cut. and i cant believe i am saying this, but i dont want him to!
He really improved as the year went on, and he deserves to be given a chance next year. But i see that money going elsewhere.

SlyEli
02-22-2013, 06:17 AM
Moreno is decent, but not worth 3 mil a year. He hasn't finished either of the last two seasons due to knee injuries. He's better than he used to be, but still his only real value is in the passing game. I think they should let him go

TheReverend
02-22-2013, 06:22 AM

Honestly I kinda feel like EVERYONE has stopped giving a **** about him.

TonyR
02-22-2013, 06:51 AM
Moreno also carries a rather hefty $3.287 million salary-cap charge in the upcoming season, which for a team looking to create some cap room in the coming weeks and with at least some uncertainty of Moreno's availability, may get a look for a trim.

Salary is only $1.7 million, cap hit is the $3.3 million you mention. Since the Broncos are something of a cash budget operation they care a lot more about the former number than the latter.

Lestat
02-22-2013, 06:57 AM

no, it's generally used as a way to stimulate the nerves and tissue around the area to avoid further surgeries and ailments.
it's basically used like a glucosomine treatment to help the area feel better and improve functionality without a ton of invasive surgeries or scopes.

TonyR
02-22-2013, 07:05 AM
This report isn't very clear. Did he really have corrective "surgery" that we should be concerned about or is this just really more of a "treatment"? I'm leaning more towards the latter, but perhaps be had both?

cmhargrove
02-22-2013, 08:27 AM
I hate to say it, but if Moreno finishes the Baltimore game, we win walking away. He was playing solid (for our system) by the end of the year. I still think he should be our #2 back - but we need to find a new #1.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-22-2013, 08:38 AM

Thanks Doc!

Didnt Kobe do this? He's hardly slowing down.

Plus, i dont know that this is "surgery"

SonOfLe-loLang
02-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't mind having a completely new stable of running backs next season (Hillman excepted)? I like Moreno and McGahee, and they will do fine if both come back next year, but I wouldn't cry if they were gone.

Requiem
02-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't mind having a completely new stable of running backs next season (Hillman excepted)? I like Moreno and McGahee, and they will do fine if both come back next year, but I wouldn't cry if they were gone.

I have supported Moreno since the get-go and was one of the only advocates of Willis when we signed him as a free agent. That being said, I would not mind a complete revamp. Willis put the ball on the ground too many times last year and who knows what Moreno's health will be like. Can't necessarily rely on them.

Give me a Le'veon Bell or Stefan Taylor (preferably the former) in round 3 and bring in a free agent who will come affordably. :yayaya:

SonOfLe-loLang
02-22-2013, 09:39 AM
If we cut Moreno and McGahee, how much money would that save?

DENVERDUI55
02-22-2013, 10:05 AM
I've said it before about Moreno that he has a lot in common with a woman or whiskey. Just when you need them the most your left high and dry. He got hurt in the biggest game of the year and I believe if he didn't Denver would of won easily.

BroncoBrett
02-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Gotta let Moreno go. If he's turning to stem cells this early in his career his knees are already garbage. Unreliable since we drafted him, slow and a bust. Time to move on. Willis I'm on the fence on. I think he could be still salvageable, maybe not a starter though. Hillman yet to be seen. I think they need to make some move one way or the other..IMO...

Beantown Bronco
02-22-2013, 11:38 AM
If we cut Moreno and McGahee, how much money would that save?

Not much in terms of cap dollars.....maybe $2-3 mil combined if they're lucky, depending on which sources you trust. But then they'd just have to sign 2 other guys anyway, which would eat up at least that much if they were anything more than bottom feeders. In which case, what would be the point really?

Keep them both and see how they look in camp/preseason. Lose Ball. Draft one in the middle to late rounds and pick up another as an undrafted FA. Make a move for Dwyer.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Not much in terms of cap dollars.....maybe $2-3 mil combined if they're lucky, depending on which sources you trust. But then they'd just have to sign 2 other guys anyway, which would eat up at least that much if they were anything more than bottom feeders. In which case, what would be the point really?

Keep them both and see how they look in camp/preseason. Lose Ball. Draft one in the middle to late rounds and pick up another as an undrafted FA. Make a move for Dwyer.

Id rather sign one in FA and draft one. But i guess that depends on how much you trust Hillman

maven
02-22-2013, 12:27 PM

Why not? They aren't elite backs. I would love to see a new stable of RB's.

bronco militia
02-22-2013, 12:36 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn1eY5qlzzNs9nTOv-hqhCRi950gPtBDZO56Ri12MOBpUpH16zyrup_F9n3A

Bacchus
02-22-2013, 01:17 PM

Maybe have Jeremiah Johnson and Mario Fanin get some playing time next year.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-22-2013, 01:21 PM

I'm not putting any hope in either of those

RaiderH8r
02-22-2013, 04:09 PM
I'm not putting any hope in either of those

In any of them. Hillman didn't show burst or push.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-22-2013, 04:24 PM
In any of them. Hillman didn't show burst or push.

I'll give a guy who was the youngest dude in the league the benefit of the doubt. And i disagree he showed no burst. However, he wasnt very elusive. But he was noticeably faster than our other backs

KipCorrington25
02-22-2013, 06:08 PM
This is so upsetting I'm going to go get sauced.

RaiderH8r
02-22-2013, 07:29 PM
I'll give a guy who was the youngest dude in the league the benefit of the doubt. And i disagree he showed no burst. However, he wasnt very elusive. But he was noticeably faster than our other backs

He's weak, and one dimensional; sucks against the blitz and doesn't have the sand to pound out yards after contact. Speed is great but the entire league is fast. Dude needs to break a tackle every so often or put the nose down and go through a defender for an extra 2 yards. He was handed the game to put it away against the Ravens and failed. True competitors do better than 4 yds on 3 carries in that situation.

maven
02-22-2013, 11:07 PM

Why bother. Lets get some real RB's in here.

He needs to bulk up. He should be better this upcoming season.