PDA

View Full Version : Home defense firearm tips from Joe Biden, head of Obama's gun safety task force

Dr. Broncenstein
02-21-2013, 04:22 AM
1. Get a double barreled 12 gauge shotgun.

2. When faced with possible threat in your home, walk outside onto your porch with double barreled shotgun.

3. Fire both of your shells into the air as a warning shot. No aiming required.

4. You are now safe.

5. You do not need an AR 15 because the above method is proven effective, and the AR 15 requires aiming.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/20/us-usa-guns-biden-idUSBRE91J03720130220

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wIuk3G9Xixc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Broncenstein
02-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Well, as I said, the vice president and a number of members of my Cabinet went through a very thorough process over the last month, meeting with a lot of stakeholders in this, including the NRA, listened to proposals from all quarters. And they’ve presented me now with a list of sensible, common-sense steps that can be taken to make sure that the kinds of violence we saw at Newtown doesn’t happen again.

I’m going to be meeting with the vice president today. I expect to have a fuller presentation later in the week to give people some specifics about what I think we need to do. My starting point is not to worry about the politics. My starting point is to focus on what makes sense, what works. What should we be doing to make sure that our children are safe and that we’re reducing the incidence of gun violence? And I think we can do that in a sensible way that comports with the Second Amendment.

-- Barak Obama

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/14/us/politics/full-transcript-of-president-obamas-press-conference.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Obama's task force completed a "thorough process" where the vice president met with "a lot of stakeholders" and "listened to proposals from all quarters." After which, the leader of said task force comes out and declares himself to be pants-on-head retarded. Obama's starting point is to focus on "what makes sense, what works." Then he appoints Joe Biden to study it out.

For the record, Biden literally said that he recommended to his wife:

1. If threatened, leave any safety and/or cover provided by your house.
2. Take a two-shot high-recoil firearm and randomly discharge both rounds without regard to any sort of target, specifically to serve as a warning to potential intruders.

The head of the gun safety task force, and second in command to a nuclear arsenal actually said that.

peacepipe
02-21-2013, 09:58 AM
So biden promotes buying a firearm & as a result he's anti-2nd amendment.

peacepipe
02-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Well, as I said, the vice president and a number of members of my Cabinet went through a very thorough process over the last month, meeting with a lot of stakeholders in this, including the NRA, listened to proposals from all quarters. And they’ve presented me now with a list of sensible, common-sense steps that can be taken to make sure that the kinds of violence we saw at Newtown doesn’t happen again.

I’m going to be meeting with the vice president today. I expect to have a fuller presentation later in the week to give people some specifics about what I think we need to do. My starting point is not to worry about the politics. My starting point is to focus on what makes sense, what works. What should we be doing to make sure that our children are safe and that we’re reducing the incidence of gun violence? And I think we can do that in a sensible way that comports with the Second Amendment.

-- Barak Obama

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/14/us/politics/full-transcript-of-president-obamas-press-conference.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Obama's task force completed a "thorough process" where the vice president met with "a lot of stakeholders" and "listened to proposals from all quarters." After which, the leader of said task force comes out and declares himself to be pants-on-head retarded. Obama's starting point is to focus on "what makes sense, what works." Then he appoints Joe Biden to study it out.

For the record, Biden literally said that he recommended to his wife:

1. If threatened, leave any safety and/or cover provided by your house.
2. Take a two-shot high-recoil firearm and randomly discharge both rounds without regard to any sort of target, specifically to serve as a warning to potential intruders.

The head of the gun safety task force, and second in command to a nuclear arsenal actually said that.

Let me ask you,if you broke into a house and the homeowner has a dbl barrel shotgun aimed at you,you're not going to worry about being killed?

Dr. Broncenstein
02-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Let me ask you,if you broke into a house and the homeowner has a dbl barrel shotgun aimed at you,you're not going to worry about being killed?

So basically you think it's OK that the head of the gun safety task force recommends that you violate every rule of gun safety, as well as break the law in an attempt to scare away a potentially lethal home intruder. Got it.

Pony Boy
02-21-2013, 10:10 AM

I would say if I was breaking into a home and the owner comes out on the porch and fires both barrels of a double barrel shotgun into the air. I would feel better knowing they are now holding an empty shotgun.

peacepipe
02-21-2013, 10:14 AM
So basically you think it's OK that the head of the gun safety task force recommends that you violate every rule of gun safety, as well as break the law in an attempt to scare away a potentially lethal home intruder. Got it.
I rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6,if shooting a shotgun in the air scares away any threat to me or my family I'm going to do it.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-21-2013, 10:19 AM
I rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6,if shooting a shotgun in the air scares away any threat to me or my family I'm going to do it.

Expending your ammunition randomly into the air while leaving defensive cover of your home stacks the odds against your survival. But in the event you do survive, you will likely have some explaining to do to law enforcement... given the brandishing and illegal discharge of a firearm.

Pony Boy
02-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Expending your ammunition randomly into the air while leaving defensive cover of your home stacks the odds against your survival. But in the event you do survive, you will likely have some explaining to do to law enforcement... given the brandishing and illegal discharge of a firearm.

and remember "what goes up must come down".

peacepipe
02-21-2013, 10:24 AM

As Biden said they live in a wooded area, either way no cop is going to hold it against you for protecting your household. Self-defense tends to nullify a charge of brandishing a firearm.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-21-2013, 10:32 AM
As Biden said they live in a wooded area, either way no cop is going to hold it against you for protecting your household. Self-defense tends to nullify a charge of brandishing a firearm.

Walking out of your house to confront an intruder does not equal self defense. Neither does firing a "warning shot." Study it out.

Requiem
02-21-2013, 10:42 AM

This is from a Cam'ron song!

Pony Boy
02-21-2013, 10:43 AM

I missed the part where Biden said this advice is only for people that live in a wooded area ............ my bad.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-21-2013, 10:46 AM
My five year old son has a better sense of gun safety than Joe Biden, head of the Obama Gun Safety Task force.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 04:52 PM
So we're to believe Joe The Anyeurism has instructed his wife (isn't that sexist?) all along to use the exact methods currently approved by the Democratic National Committee in light of their latest hysteria-driven gun grab?

Amazin'!

White knighting fail.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 04:55 PM
This is from a Cam'ron song!

By Ice Cube long before him. Try to keep up.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 04:58 PM

It's akin to banning the internet and promoting buying a carrier pigeon and saying you're not anti-1st amendment.

Hey, he's not banning communication and ****.

Cut the crap - my GOD Dems even admitted the "assault weapons ban" did nothing and they voluntarily tanked it. Further, if you look at the Mother Jones Magazine "mass shooting study," you'll see that these weapons were only used in 25% of such killings, totaling an average of 7.5 injuries and deaths from "assault weapons" per year over the past 30 years. Mass shootings were and are the flashpoint of pushing for such bans, and yet when we look at the numbers - from liberals themselves - it is shown that this is all a publicity stunt and white knighting bull****.

Over 10,000 a year are killed by drunken drivers yet we hear no similar laws proposed for booze. No, instead the libs are sipping their cocktails and bitching at the NRA.

I love how intelligent and honest liberals are. What was I thinking quitting the Democratic Party? I should go back on bended knee!

Dr. Broncenstein
02-21-2013, 07:24 PM
The "gun safety task force" was a dog and pony show to distract from the Obama regime's opportunistic power grab attempt. Biden is a goddamn retard, and that's probably an insult to most retards. The only thing he could have added to make his "buy a shotgun" rant more ridiculous would have been to recommend inserting both barrels into one's mouth before firing warning shots. This idiot knows nothing about guns, even after his gun safety task force mission was complete.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 07:34 PM
I suspect most of these RKBA purists would **** their pants if presented with a real threat.

Diapers for all of 'em, to spare the rest of us the smell.

jhat01
02-21-2013, 07:53 PM
I suspect most of these RKBA purists would **** their pants if presented with a real threat.

You're a dope.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 07:55 PM
You're a dope.

You're a pud.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 07:57 PM
The "gun safety task force" was a dog and pony show to distract from the Obama regime's opportunistic power grab attempt. Biden is a goddamn retard, and that's probably an insult to most retards. The only thing he could have added to make his "buy a shotgun" rant more ridiculous would have been to recommend inserting both barrels into one's mouth before firing warning shots. This idiot knows nothing about guns, even after his gun safety task force mission was complete.

The only time these fecal smears can criticize someone shooting is when the one doing it or potentially doing it is a law abiding citizen. Same old stuck record.

jhat01
02-21-2013, 07:58 PM
You're a pud.

Probably am..But I "suspect" you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to firearms.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 07:58 PM

Why do you keep going from thread to thread repeating the same crap?

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:00 PM
Probably am..But I "suspect" you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to firearms.

He keeps howling about the same crap and attacked me for saying that if someone in the Century Aurora had *GASP!* a CCW, lives may have been saved.

OH the horror!

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:03 PM
The only time these fecal smears can criticize someone shooting is when the one doing it or potentially doing it is a law abiding citizen. Same old stuck record.

No.

It's the misplaced machismo that says you'd be the tough guy, like Rambo, when presented with a genuine threat situation.

You'd more likely evacuate your bladder and bowels.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Why do you keep going from thread to thread repeating the same crap?

Because nutless puds like you keep claiming the **** you do.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:05 PM
No.

It's the misplaced machismo that says you'd be the tough guy, like Rambo, when presented with a genuine threat situation.

Yet again you browbeat strawman out of your endless well of rage. I never said such a thing - and I shouldn't have to repeatedly explain that to a grown adult male.

jhat01
Lives may have been saved, I agree. Many, and I would venture to say, most of us with CCWs take the time to learn and more importantly maintain the skillset required for that responsibility.

W*GS
He keeps howling about the same crap and attacked me for saying that if someone in the Century Aurora had *GASP!* a CCW, lives may have been saved.

No.

Because you claimed you would have capped Holmes with nary a bother.

How much training for, and practical experience of, a shooter do you have IRL?

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Because nutless puds like you keep claiming the **** you do.

As a female, it is true, I AM nutless.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:06 PM
No.

Because you claimed you would have capped Holmes with nary a bother.

How much training for, and practical experience of, a shooter do you have IRL?

Show me where I said that. Produce the post. NOW.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Lives may have been saved, I agree. Many, and I would venture to say, most of us with CCWs take the time to learn and more importantly maintain the skillset required for that responsibility.

Does that include practice with realistic scenarios?

It's one thing to shoot at a paper target at the range. It's another to take out a shooter, in a dimly-lit environment that's in a state of chaos.

You cannot perfect what do you not practice.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:08 PM

Few actually even acquire CCW licenses. It's a shame, actually.

W*GS
As a female, it is true, I AM nutless.

You're a pathetic liar.

Dr. Broncenstein
So W*gs, honest question: what do you think about Biden's recommendation to fire both shells outside from a double barreled shotgun as a warning / deterrence to a home invader?

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:09 PM

It's one thing to shoot at a paper target at the range. It's another to take out a shooter, in a dimly-lit environment that's in a state of chaos.

Have you ever been to Century Aurora? I was there again, last night. You don't know dick about that place. I'm still waiting for you to produce the post where I made these wild claims.

Tick tock.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:09 PM
You're a pathetic liar.

I'm calling yours right now. :afro:

jhat01
02-21-2013, 08:11 PM

In my case it does. We try to manufacture as much stress as we can, whether it's low light drills in the shoot house, or your run of the mill shoot and move IDPA matches. Manufacturing stress is a key component to our training.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Have you ever been to Century Aurora? I was there again, last night. You don't know dick about that place. I'm still waiting for you to produce the post where I made these wild claims.

Tick tock.

STFU.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3791936&postcount=25

You would have capped Holmes and gone back to your popcorn.

How much realistic training have you done, asswipe?

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:12 PM
In my case it does. We try to manufacture as much stress as we can, whether it's low light drills in the shoot house, or your run of the mill shoot and move IDPA matches. Manufacturing stress is a key component to our training.

No, this is a total non sequitur. There's no such thing as training in advance for any and all scenarios. This is raising the bar writ large. He's actually saying things are better that those folks were shot like fish in a barrel. How much more cold-hearted and degenerate can you get than that?

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:12 PM

If I was training you, you'd piss your pants and cry for Mommy.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:13 PM

WAITING. :kiss:

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:14 PM
No, this is a total non sequitur. There's no such thing as training in advance for any and all scenarios. This is raising the bar writ large. He's actually saying things are better that those folks were shot like fish in a barrel. How much more cold-hearted and degenerate can you get than that?

No.

I'm saying your glib assessment that since you sat in the same theatre, stopping Holmes would have been no big deal is utter horse****.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:15 PM
WAITING. :kiss:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3800047&postcount=40

Stupid bravado on your part.

Goddamn, if you're not an incredible asshole.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:16 PM
STFU.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3791936&postcount=25

You would have capped Holmes and gone back to your popcorn.

How much realistic training have you done, asswipe?

Thanks, bitch. I never said what you just shoved into my mouth by the truck load.

Going to apologize now, ****?

To quote:

I don't believe it is. For one thing, I listened carefully to what the witnesses recounted. There was enough visibility that they saw him emerge through the door with weapons, they saw what he was wearing, they saw what he was carrying, they saw where he was. He was standing on the stairs in the upper section of seats when he paused to reload. Secondly, the Century Aurora theater re-opened to the public less than 2 weeks ago. I went to catch a movie there to support the theater and the community. I in specific went to sit in row 2 of the old Theater 9 which is now Auditorium XD about 20 feet from the still-there emergency exit door Holmes used. I inspected the layout of the place quite closely. It's not that dark in there during a film that you couldn't have seen him and shot his ass off, sorry. Just my humble opinion.

WHERE DID I SAY I WOULD DO ANYTHING?

I was speaking in general terms regarding a present CCW carrier, GENIUS.

Remedial English much? :rofl::thumbs:

jhat01

Now you're just being funny. I'm trying to be serious. Most of us take the responsibility very seriously.

nyuk nyuk
LMFAOOOOOOO !!!!!!

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how I was referring to ME when I said "YOU" in that sentence!

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:18 PM
So W*gs, honest question: what do you think about Biden's recommendation to fire both shells outside from a double barreled shotgun as a warning / deterrence to a home invader?

I honestly don't care what Biden thinks.

Those who believe that actually firing a gun *at* someone, with intent to stop their attack, is really no big deal have no understanding of what they're doing.

Folks with that misplaced sense of swaggering bluster shouldn't even be around guns.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Now you're just being funny. I'm trying to be serious. Most of us take the responsibility very seriously.

He'd rather debate in bad faith, misquote people, and mock them.

In other words, he's Wog. We can only hope he won't start copy and pasting Marxist drivel as ammunition against slamming his country - again.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Thanks, b****. I never said what you just shoved into my mouth by the truck load.

Bull****.

You made it clear that if you were in that theater that night, you would have shot Holmes without the slightest complication.

You're full of ****.

How much training for exactly that kind of situation have you done, ****er?

Sitting your sorry ass in a seat don't count.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:21 PM
He'd rather debate in bad faith, misquote people, and mock them.

In other words, he's Wog. We can only hope he won't start copy and pasting Marxist drivel as ammunition against slamming his country - again.

Right-wing ****piles like you deserve nothing more than mockery.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:22 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3800047&postcount=40

Stupid bravado on your part.

Goddamn, if you're not an incredible a-hole.

I and you are two different words. Thanks for confirming to us all what a dishonest degenerate you are. Cheers, mate.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:23 PM

Have you practiced to the point where your muscle memory can draw, aim, and shoot accurately and correctly with virtually no conscious effort, despite almost any level of distraction?

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Right-wing ****piles like you deserve nothing more than mockery.

No -- anyone with any experience on this forum knows you do it regularly as a means of defending yet another of your weak and hollow arguments and your unsubstantiated attempts to make personal attacks against those your weak and hollow arguments cannot stand against.

Such as now.

PLEASE get a dictionary and understand the difference between the words I and YOU.

!Booya!:thanku::pimp:

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Have you practiced to the point where your muscle memory can draw, aim, and shoot accurately and correctly with virtually no conscious effort, despite almost any level of distraction?

So if you can't do this with a car, you shouldn't be driving.

Let's not raise the bar again, hun.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:25 PM
I and you are two different words. Thanks for confirming to us all what a dishonest degenerate you are. Cheers, mate.

I ain't the one claiming to be a Real Macho Man - that's your fantasy.

Ever shoot anyone?

Ever been in a situation in which you could have lawfully shot someone?

Otherwise, STFU, dork.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:26 PM
So if you can't do this with a car, you shouldn't be driving.

You shouldn't be walking.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:27 PM
No -- anyone with any experience on this forum knows you do it regularly as a means of defending yet another of your weak and hollow arguments and your unsubstantiated attempts to make personal attacks against those your weak and hollow arguments cannot stand against.

Next time, try English, ****-fer-brains.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:29 PM

PLEASE - I implore you.

Just once.

http://www.appscout.com/images/Collins%20English%20Dictionary.jpg

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Too bad Kutcher isn't doing pranks anymore.

Seeing nyuk **** himself in a fake shooter scenario would be priceless.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-21-2013, 08:32 PM
I honestly don't care what Biden thinks.

Those who believe that actually firing a gun *at* someone, with intent to stop their attack, is really no big deal have no understanding of what they're doing.

Folks with that misplaced sense of swaggering bluster shouldn't even be around guns.

So you honestly don't care that the head of the Obama gun safety task force recommends violating every rule of gun safety, in addition to brandishing and unlawfully discharging a firearm?

jhat01
02-21-2013, 08:33 PM
To Wigs question......I'd like to think so, but I still drill my ass off every day.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:34 PM
So you honestly don't care that the head of the Obama gun safety task force recommends violating every rule of gun safety, in addition to brandishing and unlawfully discharging a firearm?

I think Wog is probably farther left than Obama, so why would he care? So what if someone gets hit by random bullets by firing into the air?

We're talking about GUN SAFETY here, man!

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:34 PM

If I want to learn gun safety, I wouldn't go to Joe Biden.

You guys want your training in active shooter scenarios to be provided by Steven Seagal.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:36 PM
To Wigs question......I'd like to think so, but I still drill my ass off every day.

What else do you do besides firearms training?

Sheesh.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-21-2013, 08:38 PM

You guys want your training in active shooter scenarios to be provided by Steven Seagal.

You're okay with the guy making recommendations on federal gun control measures to literally have no idea what he is talking about?

jhat01
02-21-2013, 08:39 PM

Sheesh.

Hahaha.... Reload .45 ACP brass in my garage then go shoot some more. I kid. I'm an instructor though, so it pays to be good at what you do.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:41 PM
You're okay with the guy making recommendations on federal gun control measures to literally have no idea what he is talking about?

You want men with criminal backgrounds getting "training" in "protecting" our schoolchildren with real guns with real ammo, from a "D" actor?

WTF is wrong with that picture?

Dr. Broncenstein
02-21-2013, 08:43 PM
You want men with criminal backgrounds getting "training" in "protecting" our schoolchildren with real guns with real ammo, from a "D" actor?

WTF is wrong with that picture?

Why can't you answer my simple question?

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:45 PM

There is a movie theater website with a lot of old pictures of the Century Aurora theater. This picture is probably Theater 9 (http://www.cinematour.com/picview.php?db=us&id=25861), I don't know when it was taken. Pre-Holmes due to the older carpeting, curtains, and seats. Holmes went from behind the photographer of the picture up those stairs on the left. Theaters 8 and 9 are the two largest theaters with the largest seating capacity; the other theaters are noticeably smaller, so this picture is definitely 8 or 9. I've been to post-remodel theater 9, and this picture has a very strong resemblance. Layout is 100% the same, just new carpets, floor covering, carpets, and seats.

I don't think it's a great stretch in my mind to think that if one (or hopefully more) of those moviegoers that night had a CCW, things may have been different, especially if they were positioned nearer to where he entered. I had read of some folks in the front who had Holmes shoot over the heads. What if?

We always hear the same recurrent theme in these massacres: Nobody has a defense weapon to fire back with. In cases where they do, things often turn out differently. THIS is the bottom line. There are no guarantees in life, but I'll be damned if I'm going to hear some horse crap about how it's "better" that no CCW holders were in that theater and how if anyone thinks CCW holders could have changed the outcome, they're just a bunch of gun nut Rambos.

BULL ****.

Dukes
02-21-2013, 08:50 PM

So according to you, unless you are a Special Forces Operator who has spend thousands of hours and fired thousands of rounds downrange in various live fire situations you aren't qualified to handle a firearm. Got it, Rambo.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Why can't you answer my simple question?

I also wouldn't expect to learn economics from John Boehner, yet he thinks he can dicate how the US economy should be.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:52 PM
So according to you, unless you are a Special Forces Operator who has spend thousands of hours and fired thousands of rounds downrange in various live fire situations you aren't qualified to handle a firearm. Got it, Rambo.

I never said that.

Go cuddle with nyuk - you're two of a kind.

W*GS
02-21-2013, 08:54 PM
nyuk has been in Theater 9, so that gives him special insight to the tactical problems involved with confronting a live shooter in that environment.

I've been to Germany, so that gives me special insight into the economic problems of the eurozone.

nyuk is nothing more than a blowhard butthead.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-21-2013, 08:55 PM

I also wouldn't expect to learn economics from John Boehner, yet he thinks he can dicate how the US economy should be.

Are you okay with Biden recommending federal gun control measures when he clearly knows nothing about guns and existing gun law?

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 08:55 PM

And that's why I said he was raising the bar.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 09:00 PM
nyuk has been in Theater 9, so that gives him special insight to the tactical problems involved with confronting a live shooter in that environment.

I've been to Germany, so that gives me special insight into the economic problems of the eurozone.

nyuk is nothing more than a blowhard butthead.

That's dumb and there is clearly no comparison. Here's a pic I took of theater 9 from last month, btw. It was actually brighter than the camera lets on.

http://i47.tinypic.com/vcs561.jpg

Recall how in theaters that after they turn out the lights and begin previews, people can still see enough to keep walking in and finding seats?

2+2 much?

W*GS
02-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Are you okay with Biden recommending federal gun control measures when he clearly knows nothing about guns and existing gun law?

Are you okay with Boehner recommending plans for the federal budget when he clearly knows nothing about economics?

W*GS
02-21-2013, 09:03 PM
That's dumb and there is clearly no comparison. Here's a pic I took of theater 9 from last month, btw. It was actually brighter than the camera lets on.

Well, sheeit.

You took a picture. That makes all the ****ing difference.

Here's a picture from Afghanistan:

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/asia/afghanistan/afpics/descriptionpics/bamiyanvalley.jpg

Therefore, I know everything I need to know about how to make it into a stable democratic country.

You're the worst kind of pompous idiot.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Are you okay with Boehner recommending plans for the federal budget when he clearly knows nothing about economics?

So you refuse to answer the question. I already know the answer, but thanks for entertaining me with your little dance routine.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Well, sheeit.

You took a picture. That makes all the ****ing difference.

To make an illustrative point which was clearly made since you can do nothing but the usual namecalling.

A fighting chance is better than no chance. Period, the end.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 09:07 PM
So you refuse to answer the question. I already know the answer, but thanks for entertaining me with your little dance routine.

If he's going to dance, he could at least do it to some decent music. Here we go

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ObjLb6ElTvs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

W*GS
02-21-2013, 09:09 PM
To make an illustrative point

Yeah - you're a ****ty photographer.

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Yeah - you're a ****ty photographer.

Buy me a better cellphone or quit whining.

:yayaya:

nyuk nyuk
02-21-2013, 09:57 PM

Sheesh.

You accuse him of lacking experience and when he shows he has it in spades, you mock him for having experience.

The liberal mind at work, folks! You saw it here, first.

Requiem
02-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Peygun Manning.

ant1999e
02-21-2013, 10:52 PM
By Ice Cube long before him. Try to keep up.

Rep, kids these days.

lonestar
02-22-2013, 01:46 AM
I would say if I was breaking into a home and the owner comes out on the porch and fires both barrels of a double barrel shotgun into the air. I would feel better knowing they are now holding an empty shotgun.

:thumbs:

If the thief was a far left loonie he would not have a clue, now would he.

But since criminals do not abide by the law they would shoot you dead on the front porch, rape your wife and steal the rest of your belongings, because YOU will not need them anymore.

lonestar
02-22-2013, 01:59 AM
Walking out of your house to confront an intruder does not equal self defense. Neither does firing a "warning shot." Study it out.

In most places shooting someone outside your home is not considered self defense. Even if they were inside your house, you are no longer being threaten once they leave the door.

Therefore being outside takes away all chances of not being charged.

BroncoBeavis
02-22-2013, 09:40 AM
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/02/20/joe-biden-shotgun-advice-could-land-jill-biden-in-jail

Joe Biden's Shotgun Advice Could Land Jill Biden in Jail

Obama's go-to man on Gun Control. Couldn't make this stuff up. LOL

Dr. Broncenstein
02-22-2013, 10:48 AM
You don't need a semiautomatic rifle and high capacity magazine, citizen. This has been proven to be too dangerous to own according to Joe Biden and his tireless effort to seek out sensible gun reform. Pay no attention to the fact that the Vice President and head of the gun safety task force is a full blown retard. We know what is best for you. And what is best would be a shotgun with two shot capacity, but only after proving you are fit to own said weapon by licking our boots.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-22-2013, 01:26 PM
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/02/20/joe-biden-shotgun-advice-could-land-jill-biden-in-jail

Obama's go-to man on Gun Control. Couldn't make this stuff up. LOL

Garey said that under Biden's scenario, Jill Biden could be charged with aggravated menacing, a felony, and reckless endangering in the first degree.

"You cannot use deadly force to protect property" in Delaware, added Garey.

"It is not uncommon" for people to be charged with crimes under similar circumstances, he said. "I've seen cases where lawful citizens have used guns outside their homes and they end up arrested."

Rob Wiltbank, a gun rights advocate who founded Delaware Open Carry in 2008, told U.S. News he agrees with the vice president that a shotgun would be good for home protection, but he was also troubled by the hypothetical.

"It would be incredibly irresponsible of a gun owner to blindly discharge a firearm into the air," said Wiltbank. "What goes up, must come down and this specific behavior has been the cause of many negligent homicides over the years."

Tom Shellenberger, a lawyer who serves as a spokesman for the Delaware State Sportsmen's Association, told U.S. News that Biden's security tip was "the worst type of advice."

Joe Biden: second in command to a nuclear arsenal, and the man in charge of Obama's crusade for "sensible gun reform".

gunns
02-22-2013, 01:35 PM
The problem with guns is that human beings use them. As far as gun safety it's less stupid to go outside and fire your gun in the air than allow your kid to get a hold of it or accidentally discharge it. And these are the people who can legally have guns. Legal, illegal, neither makes me feel good when it's a human handling it.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-22-2013, 01:57 PM
The problem with guns is that human beings use them. As far as gun safety it's less stupid to go outside and fire your gun in the air than allow your kid to get a hold of it or accidentally discharge it. And these are the people who can legally have guns. Legal, illegal, neither makes me feel good when it's a human handling it.

I feel the same about automobiles. Double that for female drivers.

Pony Boy
02-22-2013, 04:55 PM
I feel the same about automobiles. Double that for female drivers.

Worse are teenage boy drivers with your daughter in the front seat ........or six teenage girls in one car all texting.

All of the above is more dangerous than having a loaded gun in your house.

Dukes
02-22-2013, 10:00 PM

Ya, and we are the paranoid ones. Are you in any way related to these two paranoid city council members?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kKpLhNiC8zg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nyuk nyuk
02-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Peygun Manning.

:thumbs:

Smith & Wesson in the hizzouse!

nyuk nyuk
02-23-2013, 12:09 PM

Life has risks. You want people to be denied a means of self-defense because you have a queasy feeling in your bowels?

If so, then demand alcohol prohibition since it kills FAR more people.

Anything less than that, you are emotionally and disingenuously fixating on guns, probably because you were taught to do so because clearly your fixation on guns is both selective and irrational..

nyuk nyuk
02-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Ya, and we are the paranoid ones. Are you in any way related to these two paranoid city council members?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kKpLhNiC8zg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Could be in the Colorado Legislature. Lots of irrational moonbats there on a crack-driven power trip.

nyuk nyuk
02-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Rep, kids these days.

Ice Cube and his old comrades got away with making a ton of pretty racist music back then which for some odd reason never made a blip on the "antiracist" radar.

errand
02-23-2013, 06:59 PM

Joe Biden like every other politician exempts himself from the laws he suggests and passes the rest of us to follow...or did you forget that they exempted themselves from Obamacare?

His advice is the typical liberal one....like they tell women who are being sexually assaulted to urinate on themselves in order to diminish their attacker's libido and make the experience less enjoyable to them......while the typical conservative says she should pull her Glock out and make the ****ing rapist piss himself instead.

errand
02-23-2013, 07:05 PM

Aimed at me before he pulled the trigger and fired....damn straight. Thanks for making our case.

If he already fired both barrels into the air, maybe....but I'd like my chances of perpetrating my crime more knowing his shotgun was now without any shells.

This dolt of a VP is trying to make the case for restricting the number of rounds a law abiding citizen can have.

Let me ask you....would you piss your pants and beat feet faster if you saw a shotgun or an AR-15?

errand
02-23-2013, 07:08 PM

Not exactly.....if you shoot and kill someone breaking into your home there is generally a grand jury hearing to see if you should be charged. Happens all the time...

errand
02-23-2013, 07:15 PM

for the most part, we honestly hope we never have to fire our guns in self defense.....but to say they would **** themselves isn't an accurate statement.

Most people who know how to use guns generally are quite calm....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LQcoNr6ZIEc?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

W*GS
02-23-2013, 07:17 PM
for the most part, we honestly hope we never have to fire our guns in self defense.....but to say they would **** themselves isn't an accurate statement.

Most people who know how to use guns generally are quite calm....

Now, do you think 'nyuk nyuk' (he of the "I sat in the theater and capping Holmes woulda been no big deal") would **** himself?

errand
02-23-2013, 07:17 PM
No.

Well we can definitely say without a doubt that you would piss and **** yourself.....I bet you pick up a gun like it's a dead rat.

****ing pussy.....

W*GS
02-23-2013, 07:19 PM
Well we can definitely say without a doubt that you would piss and **** yourself.....I bet you pick up a gun like it's a dead rat.

****ing p***Y.....

Guns aren't scary.

Dickheads who think that shooting someone is a trivial matter are the scary folks. They're more likely to shoot themselves (good) or the wrong target (very bad). 'nyuk' qualifies as a dickhead, easily.

errand
02-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Bull****.

You made it clear that if you were in that theater that night, you would have shot Holmes without the slightest complication.

You're full of ****.

How much training for exactly that kind of situation have you done, ****er?

Sitting your sorry ass in a seat don't count.

As a former Marine, I can venture a guess that for most of us, our former training would just kick in. Twice during my time in I was confronted with potential serious situations, and responded without even thinking and stopped the crimes......

As I've said before, I'd say that the vast majority of gun owners hope and pray they never have to use them.....

errand
02-23-2013, 07:39 PM

Ever shoot anyone?

Ever been in a situation in which you could have lawfully shot someone?

Otherwise, STFU, dork.

Umm, you do realize that many in law enforcement never even draw their weapons their entire careers. So how is their situation different from anyone else who regularly goes to the gun range and practices?

errand
02-23-2013, 07:51 PM
People need to watch this with the intent to hear what she is saying....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M1u0Byq5Qis?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

errand
02-23-2013, 08:22 PM
Now, do you think 'nyuk nyuk' (he of the "I sat in the theater and capping Holmes woulda been no big deal") would **** himself?

I have no clue....I don't know nyuk nyuk other than in here. I will say that having read the post nyuk nyuk made, that it was basically stating that it wouldn't have been hard to kill Holmes....which I think is plausible.

I'll also say that the vast majority of gun owners respect guns and teach gun safety to their kids and family members....not to mention they target practice and if they conceal carry, they take training classes as well.

The bottom line is that nyuk nyuk or another citizen carrying a gun in Aurora would have increased the odds that Holmes kills one, maybe two....he'd have been the third body to drop. The average number of deaths in mass shootings stopped by law abiding citizens is under 3.....in mass shootings stopped by law enforcement, the number is 14+

why do you think these mass shootings almost always occur in places where guns are not allowed?

errand
02-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Guns aren't scary.

Dickheads who think that shooting someone is a trivial matter are the scary folks. They're more likely to shoot themselves (good) or the wrong target (very bad). 'nyuk' qualifies as a dickhead, easily.

They don't think it's a trivial matter.....but i will say that I know without a doubt I could kill another human being....I could do so defending myself, my kids, my friends and other innocent citizens or defending this great nation. I can't commit premeditated murder....because of my morals.

Shooting a clown like Holmes isn't murder.....I'd have shot him dead, and then went back to eating popcorn and sipping my 32 oz. $5 coke while waiting on the police.

W*GS
02-23-2013, 08:50 PM
I'd have shot him dead, and then went back to eating popcorn and sipping my 32 oz. $5 coke while waiting on the police.

You and nyuk ought to date.

houghtam
02-23-2013, 09:55 PM
They don't think it's a trivial matter.....but i will say that I know without a doubt I could kill another human being....I could do so defending myself, my kids, my friends and other innocent citizens or defending this great nation. I can't commit premeditated murder....because of my morals.

Shooting a clown like Holmes isn't murder.....I'd have shot him dead, and then went back to eating popcorn and sipping my 32 oz. $5 coke while waiting on the police.

LOL right.

Ever eaten popcorn after getting tear gassed? I mean sure, you could totes take that guy out with a movie running, people screaming and running everywhere, next to no lighting, and tear gas in your eyes. THAT'S easy. But how to drink your soda and eat your popcorn with all those tears in your eyes and your nose all running?

Dope.

errand
02-23-2013, 10:45 PM
LOL right.

Ever eaten popcorn after getting tear gassed? I mean sure, you could totes take that guy out with a movie running, people screaming and running everywhere, next to no lighting, and tear gas in your eyes. THAT'S easy. But how to drink your soda and eat your popcorn with all those tears in your eyes and your nose all running?

Dope.

LOL .....you haven't a clue as to the kind of training I've had clown....but my point was I wouldn't lose any sleep over killing a rat bastard like him.... but you knew that was what I meant.

houghtam
02-23-2013, 11:05 PM

http://i47.tinypic.com/vcs561.jpg

Recall how in theaters that after they turn out the lights and begin previews, people can still see enough to keep walking in and finding seats?

2+2 much?

Wow. Just wow. Here's another example of you spouting off on something you clearly have no clue about. You are so, so immeasurably wrong on this, and I will demonstrate why.

1) The picture you took is obviously an unoccupied theater. The sconce lights are up, and it appears that the cleaning lights are on, as well. Was this taken during intermission? (If it was during the feature, you violated federal law, but I digress.) During intermission, the cleaning lights in 90% of theater chains are turned on. Those are obviously off during a show.

2) When the trailers come on, you need your sconce lights at mid-level to allow people still filing in to see themselves to their seats.

3) When the title sequence starts, the sconce lights go to low. Think of the lowest setting on a dimmer switch. Keep in mind these lights are nothing more than a 60 watt bulb, and it looks like in that size theater there are 6 sconces with two bulbs apiece...dim dim dim. The only other lights in the entire theater are the aisle lights, the exit lights, neither of which provide any ambient light, possibly 75 watt can lights in the ceiling that are on full dim (but not many chains use that anymore, as it wastes electricity), and of course the screen. Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried to ID someone holding a flashlight while people are running in front of and behind you and in front of and behind the person holding the flashlight?

As I explained in the thread that was created on that day, there is a reason when theater management comes in to check on rowdy kids or a crying baby, the stand at the bottom and look up, and not vice versa. It's because it is almost impossible to spot someone with that damned screen washing everything out. Stand at the bottom of the theater and look up when you come back from the restroom during a movie sometime. It's like having a flashlight in a dark room. All the guests are sitting ducks. Especially the only guy fumbling for his sidearm in a room full of people running for their lives.

4) When the credits begin rolling at the end of the film, the lights go back up to mid, allowing the guests to see themselves out of the theater.

5) When the credits have finished, the blue MPAA logo comes up and the lights come back up to full.

6) The ushers usually then come around and turn the cleaning lights back on.

7) Wash, rinse, repeat.

Now, Mr. Houghtam, how can you be so positive that's the way it was that night? That seems pretty exact to me.

Well, since you asked nicely...

A) If the theater is running a digital version of a film, the hard drive of the film (for a midnight release, usually arrives Tuesday night) is ingested into the Library Management System (or LMS), and is then transferred to the individual hard drive on the projector of each house in which it is scheduled to play. The projectionist or manager then "builds" the film in a virtual interface, adhering to the strict guidelines sent from the film companies. These guidelines include, you guessed it, time stamps for cue placement, telling you when the trailers begin, when the title screen appears, when the credits begin, and when the MPAA logo appears.

B) If the theater is running a 35mm version of the film, it arrives on Monday or Tuesday, and is physically built, the cues this time put in by actually inspecting the frames and determining where each of these splits are.

C) All theaters do this. It is common business practice for every theater chain, everywhere.

But hey, I don't blame you for not knowing this. Most people don't. They think they remember what it's like during the movie, but they don't. You know why? Because they're paying attention to the movie they paid to see. The Batman midnight premier! People in the theater are quoted as saying they thought for a moment it was part of the movie.

I challenge everyone reading this thread...the next time you go to a sold out movie, wait until the first 30 minutes of the film, and then look around you. You'd be surprised how dark it is compared to the way you think you remember it.

So yeah, to say "Oh man I'd have killed that mofo no problem" is at least not taking into consideration the actual facts of the situation. What you said was ignorant, willful or otherwise.

W*GS
02-24-2013, 09:10 AM
So yeah, to say "Oh man I'd have killed that mofo no problem" is at least not taking into consideration the actual facts of the situation. What you said was ignorant, willful or otherwise.

Nice pwnage of errand and the nyuk.

BroncoBeavis
02-28-2013, 08:29 AM
More awesome self-defense advice from the White House's resident Second Amendment Expert.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/guns/2013/02/gun-control-joe-biden-interview

I said, “Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.”

Not sure who the eff is knocking on your door at 2am? Don't sweat it. Just blast it and forget it. Let the neighbors figure out who it was the next morning. LOL

Dr. Broncenstein
02-28-2013, 09:25 AM
You don't need that weapon, citizen. Joe the Retard says so.

errand
02-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Nice pwnage of errand and the nyuk.

all that proves is that he still works in a movie theater....

my point was that I could kill a guy like Holmes and not lose any sleep over it once again. ....... but you, being the stupid liberal douche bag that you are, wouldn't have gotten that

houghtam
02-28-2013, 12:48 PM
all that proves is that he still works in a movie theater....

my point was that I could kill a guy like Holmes and not lose any sleep over it once again. ....... but you, being the stupid liberal douche bag that you are, wouldn't have gotten that

Actually I don't anymore...I gave that up a year ago to live the sweet life.

And your point was invalid. I don't care that you're a former member of the Navy. You weren't trained to wield a weapon in a dark movie theater, at a midnight show you're really excited to see, in close quarters, with tear gas in your eyes, with a movie still going on, with people running in between your LOS, with an active shooter.

Hilarious!

You just weren't.

You would have panicked, cowered, hid, fled for your life, and/or been shot just like the rest of them.

Do you really think that most movie theaters (run by conservative CEO's, mind you) choose to be gun-free zones because of some massive liberal conspiracy? Or do you think that maybe it's because people realize that low lighting and densely packed people don't make it very conducive for a return fire situation? Use your noggin.

TonyR
02-28-2013, 01:47 PM
And your point was invalid. I don't care that you're a former member of the Navy. You weren't trained to wield a weapon in a dark movie theater, at a midnight show you're really excited to see, in close quarters, with tear gas in your eyes, with a movie still going on, with people running in between your LOS, with an active shooter.

You just weren't.

You would have panicked, cowered, hid, fled for your life, and/or been shot just like the rest of them.

This is right, and the bolded part is most important. None of these clowns has probably ever been in a situation where they were at the wrong end of a gun barrel so none of them has any idea how they'd react. And chances are they wouldn't react well. It's funny (and a little bit pathetic) how because they own guns they all think they're Jack Bauer. They're not. The odds of them soiling their pants are considerably higher than the odds of them stopping the shooter.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Why worry about aiming in the dark? Just randomly fire two rounds from a double barreled shotgun. A warning shot x2 to let the bad guys know you mean business. That's all you really need. Anything else would be potentially dangerous and could get innocent people killed.

TonyR
02-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Why worry about aiming in the dark? Just randomly fire two rounds from a double barreled shotgun. A warning shot x2 to let the bad guys know you mean business. That's all you really need. Anything else would be potentially dangerous and could get innocent people killed.

You may not know it, but you appear to be catching on!

houghtam
02-28-2013, 02:17 PM
You may not know it, but you appear to be catching on!

^5

Pony Boy
02-28-2013, 02:26 PM

Oscar Pistorius’s agrees with Joe Biden, shoot first and ask questions later.

errand
02-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Actually I don't anymore...I gave that up a year ago to live the sweet life.

so you tear the tickets now?

And your point was invalid.

no it wasn't....I stated I could kill a guy like Holmes and sleep well afterwards because he's a ****head who deserves to die.

I don't care that you're a former member of the Navy.

USMC, while part of the Dept. of the Navy, it's very different.....not that a pussy liberal like you would know. I understand all military people wear uniforms, but they're not alike.....you wouldn't like it if people called you by your sibling's name would you?

You weren't trained to wield a weapon in a dark movie theater, at a midnight show you're really excited to see, in close quarters, with tear gas in your eyes, with a movie still going on, with people running in between your LOS, with an active shooter.

Hilarious!

You just weren't.

Umm, yes I was....Dude, as a US Marine I have gone through live fire course with live rounds being fired over our heads as we low crawled and artillery similators going off and smoke and gas grenades going off....we have had night firing exercises, we have had close quarter combat drills.....and have been taught that the deadliest thing on the battlefield is one well aimed shot. So we make sure of our target....every single time. Your ignorance is really showing. Seriously, WTF do you honestly think we did every day...sit around and play cards?

You definitely are ignorant....People like you might panic or **** themselves, hide and run...but we Marines are taught to fight/shoot in all kinds of conditions, not to mention hand to hand, with knives, bayonets, etc....we don't back down. You don't understand the mentality of Marines....we never retreat, we never cower in fear, we believe in ourselves because we're wired different than people like yourself. the training kicks in....even now after all these years, it still kicks in. You obviously don't have it in you to understand, which explains your working in a movie theater.

Do you really think that most movie theaters (run by conservative CEO's, mind you) choose to be gun-free zones because of some massive liberal conspiracy? Or do you think that maybe it's because people realize that low lighting and densely packed people don't make it very conducive for a return fire situation? Use your noggin.

So pray tell how that gun free zone sign did to deter the Aurora shooting?

It has nothing to do with them being dimly lit and densely packed or a conspiracy....it has to do with property rights.

The owner of the property has the right to restrict who may come onto their property. They don't allow you to bring in alcohol or food/beverages purchased from other establishments either......it's their right as property owners to do so.

In bold....oh, and a video so you can see the kind of training we went through.... we didn't have the night vision goggles attached to our helmets like these guys do (but notice they were using them in the rooms as flash bangs going off will basically make you blind if you were using them) when we did our training back in the day......just because the technology has changed these days, the training hasn't.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x6zEzjLeIoU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

houghtam
02-28-2013, 07:35 PM
In bold....oh, and a video so you can see the kind of training we went through.... we didn't have the night vision goggles attached to our helmets like these guys do (but notice they were using them in the rooms as flash bangs going off will basically make you blind if you were using them) when we did our training back in the day......just because the technology has changed these days, the training hasn't.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x6zEzjLeIoU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah I'm sure your training from 30 years ago would have kept you safe.

Hilarious!

Keep up with the ad hominems, though. They're truly precious coming from a guy like you.

errand
02-28-2013, 07:41 PM
This is right, and the bolded part is most important. None of these clowns has probably ever been in a situation where they were at the wrong end of a gun barrel so none of them has any idea how they'd react. And chances are they wouldn't react well. It's funny (and a little bit pathetic) how because they own guns they all think they're Jack Bauer. They're not. The odds of them soiling their pants are considerably higher than the odds of them stopping the shooter.

Sure when bullets are whizzing around it gets hairy....but short of actually having someone shoot at you directly not even cops can know what they'd do in a shootout. I've been in live fire training where we had people shooting rounds over our heads, but not directly at us.

But the majority of ex-military and law enforcement people have a certain mentality that says when someone is behaving badly, you intervene....you don't run away.

Trust me, I hope I never have to use my gun but will not be afraid to do so, regardless if someone else is armed and pointing their gun at me because your taught to react a certain way...but don't take my word for it...ask other veterans and former/current law enforcement people. I'm confident they'll say the same thing that I have.

errand
02-28-2013, 07:50 PM
Yeah I'm sure your training from 30 years ago would have kept you safe.

Hilarious!

Keep up with the ad hominems, though. They're truly precious coming from a guy like you.

There's a reason the Art of War was and is still to this day used as an example of tactics and strategy. Just because the technology/weaponry has changed doesn't change the fact that one well aimed shot is still the deadliest thing on the battlefield, and that foot soldiers still have a major role in warfare......

you said I wasn't trained to shoot anyone inside a dark or dimly lit place with chaos and obstructed vision, tear gas, etc........I posted a video of similar training I received as a Recon Marine to show you that i indeed have been trained to do so on more than several occasions. In fact since we had less technologically advanced weaponry and gear, etc. like night vision goggles, I'd say I'm even more qualified to do so.

Just because you know that you couldn't do it doesn't mean I couldn't do it.....case in point, the fact it was a so-called gun free zone, Holmes wouldn't have even considered another person armed coming towards him shooting him....element of surprise...Art of War.....worked back when it was written...still works today.

as for ad hominems....you started it by calling me a sailor.

houghtam
02-28-2013, 07:55 PM
There's a reason the Art of War was and is still to this day used as an example of tactics and strategy. Just because the technology/weaponry has changed doesn't change the fact that one well aimed shot is still the deadliest thing on the battlefield, and that foot soldiers still have a major role in warfare......

you said I wasn't trained to shoot anyone inside a dark or dimly lit place with chaos and obstructed vision, tear gas, etc........I posted a video of similar training I received as a Recon Marine to show you that i indeed have been trained to do so on more than several occasions. In fact since we had less technologically advanced weaponry and gear, etc. like night vision goggles, I'd say I'm even more qualified to do so.

Just because you know that you couldn't do it doesn't mean I couldn't do it.....

as for ad hominems....you started it by calling me a sailor.

Well to answer your question, you're right, I wouldn't call my sibling by my name. But if you have to be carted around by your sibling all the time, doesn't that make you his bitch?

My
Ass
Riding
In
Navy
Equipment

cutthemdown
02-28-2013, 08:08 PM

awesome!

errand
02-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Joe Biden says women should get a shotgun.....instead of an AR-15 because it's hard to aim, handle and fire.....I'll report, you decide -

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jafkVM-jnbE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

errand
02-28-2013, 08:48 PM
Well to answer your question, you're right, I wouldn't call my sibling by my name. But if you have to be carted around by your sibling all the time, doesn't that make you his b****?

My
Ass
Riding
In
Navy
Equipment

You're an idiot........

Pony Boy
02-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Virginia Beach man charged for shooting shotgun through door.

Vice President Joe Biden told Field & Stream magazine in an interview published Monday, "[if] you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door."

Coincidentally, a 22-year-old man in Virginia Beach, Va., was charged Monday with reckless handling of a firearm after doing just that a couple days earlier.

Local TV station WAVY 10 reports that the man observed two masked men leaning into his bedroom window. The men allegedly had weapons and told him to close his bedroom door. He stepped outside of his bedroom and did as instructed, then fired his shotgun through the closed door and then several more times at the window.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/02/28/biden-advises-shooting-shotgun-through-door

TonyR
03-01-2013, 09:18 AM
awesome!

So then you agree that a bunch of armed, idiot civilians would probably result in a lot of "innocent people" getting killed? Right? Should I add you to the list of those that have woken up to simple, common sense reality?

Meck77
03-01-2013, 09:26 AM
More awesome self-defense advice from the White House's resident Second Amendment Expert.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/guns/2013/02/gun-control-joe-biden-interview

Not sure who the eff is knocking on your door at 2am? Don't sweat it. Just blast it and forget it. Let the neighbors figure out who it was the next morning. LOL

So one of our leaders of the free world trying to limit gun deaths suggests murdering people through closed doors. That is exactly what you would be charged with if you were stupid enough as Biden.

Wow...just wow...

BroncoBeavis
03-01-2013, 09:44 AM
So then you agree that a bunch of armed, idiot civilians would probably result in a lot of "innocent people" getting killed? Right? Should I add you to the list of those that have woken up to simple, common sense reality?

I'd say the risk is significantly lower than if the country were filled with a bunch of armed idiot Vice Presidents. LOL

Every time the guy talks guns, he incites felonies.

Not sure how you guys can keep up such blind faith in the Technocracy when these are the best and brightest you can find. LOL

Meck77
03-01-2013, 01:06 PM

You mean like Rambo Joe Biden who shoots rounds in the air and blows rounds through doors?

Dr. Broncenstein
03-01-2013, 01:25 PM

When are you going to wake up to the commen sense reality that the man charged with leading Obama's gun safety task force is a complete moron? Oh wait, you agree with his proposals. Bless your little bleeding heart.

houghtam
03-01-2013, 01:42 PM
When are you going to wake up to the commen sense reality that the man charged with leading Obama's gun safety task force is a complete moron? Oh wait, you agree with his proposals. Bless your little bleeding heart.

Hilarious!

So what does that make the years 2000-2008?

Oh wait, mentioning Bush is baaa-aaaa-aaaad.

Requiem
03-01-2013, 02:00 PM
My KD ratio in COD BlackOps on the map Nuketown was 40:1. I could have gotten Holmes fasho.

houghtam
03-01-2013, 02:41 PM
My KD ratio in COD BlackOps on the map Nuketown was 40:1. I could have gotten Holmes fasho.

I used to play DOOM all the time back in the day. Haven't played a FPS since, but my training from 20 years ago would totally take over if I picked up COD today and I would shred.

:yayaya:

W*GS
03-01-2013, 04:05 PM
I used to play DOOM all the time back in the day.

I'd be up 'til 2am - 3am, using the ol' chainsaw on everything.

Good times.

errand
03-01-2013, 06:09 PM

Houghtam -I used to play DOOM all the time back in the day. Haven't played a FPS since, but my training from 20 years ago would totally take over if I picked up COD today and I would shred.

I'm sure you clowns could do very well in video games where if you **** up you can always hit the reset button.......here in the real world we know there's no substitute for actual training and target practice.

houghtam
03-01-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm sure you clowns could do very well in video games where if you **** up you can always hit the reset button.......here in the real world we know there's no substitute for actual training and target practice.

Exactly. Which is why training from 30 years ago is even less relevant than video game playing from 20 years ago.

Dukes
03-02-2013, 09:47 AM
After reading this article, now I know why Biden specifically said "double barreled shotgun". Maybe he's not the idiot we all think he is.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/03/01/popular-standard-shotgun-could-be-banned-under-proposed-bill/

Dr. Broncenstein
03-02-2013, 01:12 PM
http://freedomfeens.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Obamas-shotgun-Bang.jpg

Biden's tactical home defense shotgun technique. Let me show you it.

cutthemdown
03-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Colo is a sportsman state I am surprised the politicians can do this without problems. I guess too many liberals from CAlif living there now?

spdirty
03-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Colo is a sportsman state I am surprised the politicians can do this without problems. I guess too many liberals from CAlif living there now?

Democrats are Democrats and they control all 3 houses here. Why would this be a surprise?

Meck77
03-02-2013, 03:08 PM

Yes and illegals are flocking in because the democrats are catering to them. East coast invasion has been happening for decades.

Honestly it's becoming rare to even meet fellow natives anymore.

errand
03-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Exactly. Which is why training from 30 years ago is even less relevant than video game playing from 20 years ago.

again you don't know what you're talking about..... when a mistake can cost you your life you take the training much more serious and you keep on training as long as you believe you might need those skills to survive in this world. I still train that way..... I never joke when it comes to using my weapons. I treat every gun as if it is a loaded gun. is a culture a liberal like you could never understand.

I go to the gun range to work on my accuracy.... I've played paintball to work on my tactics, cover, concealment and stealth..... my friends and I even went to a little live fire night zombie (pop up targets) shoot.

again what you don't realize is the mentality of people like myself we take our guns and our training very serious because we know we cannot hit the reset button if we screw up...... I guarantee you we take it a lot more serious than you do playing video games

houghtam
03-02-2013, 06:10 PM
again you don't know what you're talking about..... when a mistake can cost you your life you take the training much more serious and you keep on training as long as you believe you might need those skills to survive in this world. I still train that way..... I never joke when it comes to using my weapons. I treat every gun as if it is a loaded gun. is a culture a liberal like you could never understand.

I go to the gun range to work on my accuracy.... I've played paintball to work on my tactics, cover, concealment and stealth..... my friends and I even went to a little live fire night zombie (pop up targets) shoot.

again what you don't realize is the mentality of people like myself we take our guns and our training very serious because we know we cannot hit the reset button if we screw up...... I guarantee you we take it a lot more serious than you do playing video games

Sure, chum.

You're right, I'm wrong.

You would go to a midnight show, which you were excited to see (who goes to a midnight show just for ****s, right?), but you would only pay just enough attention to the movie so that just in case a guy with a gun came in you could allow your 30 year old combat training to take over, the training which you've provided yourself in the intervening 30 years has not only provided you with the ability to aim at a target, washed out by the light of a movie screen in a nearly pitch black room, that is firing at you while your eyes and sinuses are out of commission due to tear gas. Meanwhile, your 30 year old training (and paintball!) would also keep you from accidentally shooting one of the many panicking people moving across your line of vision, and you would take out a shooter who has you outgunned.

You're absolutely right. You're so awesome. How much do you charge for private security? The secret service could use someone as vigilant, skillful and just all around awesome as you are.

Hilarious! What a fool.

spdirty
03-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Sure, chum.

You're right, I'm wrong.

You would go to a midnight show, which you were excited to see (who goes to a midnight show just for ****s, right?), but you would only pay just enough attention to the movie so that just in case a guy with a gun came in you could allow your 30 year old combat training to take over, the training which you've provided yourself in the intervening 30 years has not only provided you with the ability to aim at a target, washed out by the light of a movie screen in a nearly pitch black room, that is firing at you while your eyes and sinuses are out of commission due to tear gas. Meanwhile, your 30 year old training (and paintball!) would also keep you from accidentally shooting one of the many panicking people moving across your line of vision, and you would take out a shooter who has you outgunned.

You're absolutely right. You're so awesome. How much do you charge for private security? The secret service could use someone as vigilant, skillful and just all around awesome as you are.

Hilarious! What a fool.

If I'm in that theater at that time, I'd much rather be in it with errand, who's packin and has 30 year old training experience. Even if errand is full of **** in regards to his experience, if he is a good guy and he is packin I like my chances relying on him more than running out of the theater unarmed with no way to protect myself and no one there to help me, running out of there hoping Holmes doesn't target me and pull the trigger.

Even if he doesn't stop the guy, the odds are a bit more favorable for the victims and potential victims. It gives them a chance.

Let me ask you this hypothetical. Say you are forced to go into a situation like the theater massacre. You are gonna be there, there's no way of getting out of that situation. Are you going to go into that situation like a sheep being led to slaughter, unarmed, hoping you somehow get out of there alive? Or are you going to arm yourself, giving yourself a chance to get yourself and others out of that situation alive? Even if the odds aren't in your favor, with the teargas and bulletproof vest, and mass confusion going on?

ZONA
03-03-2013, 01:47 AM

Very clever. Until you go around the corner thinking he's empty and he pumps it once and blows you away. Then not so clever. lol

houghtam
03-03-2013, 03:41 AM
If I'm in that theater at that time, I'd much rather be in it with errand, who's packin and has 30 year old training experience. Even if errand is full of **** in regards to his experience, if he is a good guy and he is packin I like my chances relying on him more than running out of the theater unarmed with no way to protect myself and no one there to help me, running out of there hoping Holmes doesn't target me and pull the trigger.

Even if he doesn't stop the guy, the odds are a bit more favorable for the victims and potential victims. It gives them a chance.

Let me ask you this hypothetical. Say you are forced to go into a situation like the theater massacre. You are gonna be there, there's no way of getting out of that situation. Are you going to go into that situation like a sheep being led to slaughter, unarmed, hoping you somehow get out of there alive? Or are you going to arm yourself, giving yourself a chance to get yourself and others out of that situation alive? Even if the odds aren't in your favor, with the teargas and bulletproof vest, and mass confusion going on?

It's an unfair question, because we all know what did happen that night. Nobody, not even you heroic CCL holders, goes into a midnight showing expecting What we don't know (regardless of how much training you've had, and how recently) is that it definitely would have resulted in fewer deaths. This isn't a zero sum situation like with a jetliner where the pilot has died. If the plane crashes, they all die, but the scrappy Korean War vet lands the plane and saves them all. You could certainly have fewer casualties, given the right conditions, but given conditions are rarely "right" in the real world, you could certainly have more casualties, as well. Ex-military should know this...it's why we have rules of engagement. Sure, someone could potentially survive the first salvo, return fire and drop the guy, but given the events, we know several things that have been touched on:

- Many people reported thinking it was part of the movie at first
- The shooter used tear gas
- The shooter wore body armor

(IMO right there he's got you, to be honest...anything coming after this is assuming you recognize the threat before the average person at a midnight Batman showing did)

- The shooter started at the back of the auditorium, then down the aisles, aiming for people running or standing, not cowering
- The shooter has the benefit of a giant flashlight at his back
- The person returning fire has the disadvantage of shooting at a washed out target (in addition to tear gas and/or smoke)
- The shooter's weapons are unholstered and firing, the person returning fire is reclined in his seat with his weapon secure

So to answer your question, no. I would not want errand (or any other person) with a concealed weapon in that theater, not because I don't believe they could hit a target, but because I don't believe they could do so, with the conditions being what they were, and not add to the body count. If the shooter misses, he may accidentally hit a bystander, which adds to the body count. If the person returning fire misses, they are adding to it as well.

And that's the problem with leaning on the 2nd Amendment when it comes to things like CCL laws. Would pro-CCL people be willing to discuss the futility of such laws if the headlines had read "80 Dead or Injured in Aurora Theater Shooting as Gunman and Patron Exchange Fire?" No. Ohhhhhh hell no. That person obviously must not have paid attention during training, or they did something wrong to affect the outcome, but regardless, no person who follows CCL training would allow that to happen. It's the No True Scotsman argument played out in real time. People want to live in a society free to tote a gun like it's no big deal, with the (inflated) opinion that they can take down any perp that gets in their way, but apparently have no concept that there are other people around not named "shooter". Where does my right not to get hit in your crossfire begin and your right to wield a weapon in public end?

More guns does not equal less crime.

Pony Boy
03-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Very clever. Until you go around the corner thinking he's empty and he pumps it once and blows you away. Then not so clever. lol

Please tell me how you pump a double barrel shotgun?

errand
03-04-2013, 08:12 PM
- Many people reported thinking it was part of the movie at first

I've seen hundreds of movies....I almost always sit at the top in the very last row and other than the Rocky Horror Picture Show I've yet to see any staged event by the theater or production company that accompanied the movie EVER!......so I would have known that it was not a part of the movie

- The shooter used tear gas

He tossed the tear gas grenade, however there are several seconds before the auditorium would have been filled with the gas as there's a small "pop" which happens when you pull pin and toss......again I would have known it was a smoke or tear gas grenade which means a threat.....after 9/11 Anthrax scare why would anyone think otherwise is my question

- The shooter wore body armor

this would have been his saving grace from a well aimed shot to his torso. But not his arms, legs, groin or head....not to mention if your claim that I'd be cowering in fear if someone opened fire on me...what makes you think he wouldn't have beat feet when someone else opened fire on him?

(IMO right there he's got you, to be honest...anything coming after this is assuming you recognize the threat before the average person at a midnight Batman showing did)

YOU assume that nobody would've been able to recognize the threat because nobody there in attendance did.....I don't live in Aurora....I would have noticed him exiting and then re-entering dressed differently, carrying weapons.....I would have had my gun in my hand the second I noticed him holding a weapon, ready to respond.

again, the first clue was him coming back in from the exit dressed differently (he had exited theater and left door ajar to access his way back in after he gathered up his guns etc)......that alone would have drawn my attention to him ....you also left out that he also fired a shot into the ceiling (after throwing the grenade) before he started the massacre.....that's several seconds of time...and all the time a well trained, armed law abiding citizen needs to make a difference.

I can say with all honestly he would have been shot by me as soon as he threw the gas grenade.....and even if that did take me by surprise, he would have been fired upon by me after he fired his "warning" shot into the ceiling.

- The shooter started at the back of the auditorium, then down the aisles, aiming for people running or standing, not cowering

Gunman started at the front of the theater, with the screen to his back, and was wearing a gas mask.....to protect himself from the tear gas he had. You ever tried to shoot accurately with a gas mask on? I have.....again, my former USMC training and I'll tell you his sight is hindered just as much

It's not an easy task as condensation can build up on the eye lens. . In fact his death toll was actually pretty low considering he was shooting fish in a barrel which explains why he wounded more than he killed despite all those advantages you claim he had.

Bottom line is the only true advantage he had was that he was the only one that was armed in that theater. Which also brings to question why he chose that theater instead of others showing the same movie closer to his home....perhaps the fact it is the only one that didn't allow CCL?

- The shooter has the benefit of a giant flashlight at his back

And I would have had the benefit of his silhouette against the big screen.....making it look just like those targets you think are a waste of time as he would have shot those directly in front of him

- The person returning fire has the disadvantage of shooting at a washed out target (in addition to tear gas and/or smoke)

He would have been easy to spot prior to the tear gas getting to where I usually sit in a theater...because like I've said, coming in through the exit is the first clue that something is up....as nobody would have been running towards him....they would have been running away from him and probably ducking as they did. And at the typical distance of say 100 ft from a vantage point above him.....well let's just say I've hit smaller targets at greater distances with my .380

- The shooter's weapons are unholstered and firing, the person returning fire is reclined in his seat with his weapon secure

It doesn't take but a millisecond to unholster my gun, and start shooting.

So to answer your question, no. I would not want errand (or any other person) with a concealed weapon in that theater, not because I don't believe they could hit a target, but because I don't believe they could do so, with the conditions being what they were, and not add to the body count. If the shooter misses, he may accidentally hit a bystander, which adds to the body count. If the person returning fire misses, they are adding to it as well.

Again, those of us who train and go to the range all the time to hone our skills of shooting our guns are a different breed from those who just buy a gun and never fire it until they get attacked...but feel free to think otherwise. You underestimate people like myself who refuse to become someone's notch on their gun barrel

And that's the problem with leaning on the 2nd Amendment when it comes to things like CCL laws. Would pro-CCL people be willing to discuss the futility of such laws if the headlines had read "80 Dead or Injured in Aurora Theater Shooting as Gunman and Patron Exchange Fire?" No. Ohhhhhh hell no.

So pray tell when has the death toll or injuries piled up when shootings are stopped by law abiding citizens? Again, the average number of deaths is 2.7 when law abiding citizen stops killing spree.....when police arrive to stop the carnage, it's 14.3

How about you liberals wouldn't want to discuss the headlines saying "Gunman shot before he could kill movie patrons" ?

Care to discuss that?

In bold

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wIMiLF_L8s8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

houghtam
03-04-2013, 08:23 PM
In bold

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wIMiLF_L8s8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The very back row was the first place the shooter aimed.

I'm done. Yep, like I said. You win. You clearly never let your guard down and have amazing situational awareness. I honestly can't imagine what it must be like to be watching a movie and not be able to relax because you're on the constant lookout for threats.

And I wonder why only a few people noticed him exit then re-enter. It might have been because they were paying attention to the movie they paid $10 for.

Oh well, like I said, you're absolutely right. I hope you rent yourself out as security. Anyone would be lucky to have a top shot like you at their side.

Hey you ever seen that show? Top Shot? Those guys are pretty good. You should try out I bet you could beat them.

errand
03-04-2013, 09:37 PM
The very back row was the first place the shooter aimed.

He fired a shot into the ceiling first......he'd have come under fire immediately after that....why you find that so hard to believe is beyond me.

I'm done. Yep, like I said. You win. You clearly never let your guard down and have amazing situational awareness. I honestly can't imagine what it must be like to be watching a movie and not be able to relax because you're on the constant lookout for threats.

I may be the minority, but yes...I do have amazing awareness......I'm a people watcher. I look in the back seat of my car before getting into it at night...I sit facing the front door of restaurants, bars, etc.....I never want my back to an entrance.....and I can watch the movie and enjoy it, but not if people are getting up and moving about....their movement draws my attention, always has...and always will.

And I wonder why only a few people noticed him exit then re-enter. It might have been because they were paying attention to the movie they paid $10 for.

Well, they, like you, must think a "gun free zone" sign will guarantee they never will have to worry about an evil person carrying a gun.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YO0F6enwzEo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh well, like I said, you're absolutely right. I hope you rent yourself out as security. Anyone would be lucky to have a top shot like you at their side.

You're not the first one to suggest this to me....I hone my accuracy skills and take my training serious to protect me and my family....not others. However if I happen to one day save someone else's life because I feared for my own....well that's always a plus correct?

Hey you ever seen that show? Top Shot? Those guys are pretty good. You should try out I bet you could beat them.

I've won a few competitions back in my days of competitively shooting, placed in several more....but like I said, there are many of us who take this **** seriously. I am a pretty good shot.....but like they say, there's always someone else who is better

In Bold