PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with Ty Warren?

ZONA
02-20-2013, 01:36 PM
He's missed the last several years due to injuries but when he's healthy, he's a difference maker, you gotta give him that. I guess he's a FA this year but he might retire as well. He doesn't know yet. Would you like the Broncos to try and resign him to a 1 year deal (if he would take it) or do you just prefer the Broncos move on and draft some youth at DT. The Broncos got some issues here at this position. They've got 3 DT's that are FA's this year. I don't see many, if any, really great FA DT's around the league and it's not like we're drafting really high so we could get 1 or 2 in the draft but would they be elite, especially in their 1st year.

I'd try to get Vickerson back at a reasonable cost. I'd give Warren just 1 more shot if he's willing but it would have to be a 1 year deal with incentives. Then draft a DT or maybe 2 in the draft, since this is a deep draft for DT's, I think it makes good sense to go after 2 of them. Could you ask Wolfe to add a few more pounds and move him inside and see if Hunter or Ayers is ready to take that starting DE spot.

Requiem
02-20-2013, 01:38 PM
You tell him to GTFO and say he is a loser for wasting our time and money. Then you have Fred kick him off Dove Valley grounds forever.

Rabb
02-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Make a bigger spot on the bench and increase the size of training camp buffet selections?

BroncoLifer
02-20-2013, 01:55 PM
...but when he's healthy, he's a difference maker...

When is that?

Rabb
02-20-2013, 01:56 PM
When is that?

Training camp

oubronco
02-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Draft some big stud DT's and kick Warren to the curb and not think twice

cmhargrove
02-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Have him share an office with Greek?

Kaylore
02-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Have him share an office with Greek?

He pretty much does. We basically signed him to live in the training room. He probably has his own cold tub.

crush17
02-20-2013, 02:17 PM
I think he'll retire, personally.

bronco militia
02-20-2013, 02:21 PM
http://www.animalabusersspotlight.com/resources/shot%20dead%20pet%20horse.jpg?timestamp=1312739226 811

SouthStndJunkie
02-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Let's see....Denver signed him to a 2 year deal....and he played in less than 1 game before getting hurt again and essentially missed his 3rd year in a row.

He really hasn't played a meaningful football game since the 2009 season.

If Denver offers him anything, the front office deserves a swift and debilitating kick to their collective berries.

Beantown Bronco
02-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Told y'all so.

broncosteven
02-20-2013, 02:47 PM
I don't know what they do with him, this is a question I am glad I don't have to make a decision on.

I guess it depends on a couple things: does he want to continue to play? How much does he get paid? and What position does he play?

If he wants to try one more year, they can offer a vet min contract with a tiny bonus or roster bonus that is paid if he makes the team. Give him very little guarenteed money and see if he can contribute this year.

Also I was looking up stats, some sites have him listed as a DE, one has him at DT.

I don't think we need him at DE, I would rather see them move Wolfe over to DE than Warren. Not being able to see him play any games recently I am not sure if he is what we need at DT. I like his height but I like to see Bigger more physical DT's these days, if he is bigger than 300lbs then fine.

I think we are stacked at DE, and very thin at DT. If he can make an impact at DT and still wants to play another year for the right price, then great. Sounds like he might be making the choice himself should he decide to retire. I sure like his 2007 stats though...

DBroncos4life
Soak him in deer antler juice.

BroncoBeavis
One part of me can't believe he hasn't retired yet. But I guess if teams are still cutting checks, why wouldn't you keep standing in line?

I think any team that signed him would have to take the incentivepalooza approach. But I think under his number of years, even vet minimum eats up most of a million, and I don't think we have the cash to roll those kinda dice.

Houshyamama
02-20-2013, 03:16 PM
I'd offer him the vet minimum.

Play2win
02-20-2013, 03:34 PM
Power Plate his ass.

ZONA
02-20-2013, 03:38 PM
I don't know what they do with him, this is a question I am glad I don't have to make a decision on.

I guess it depends on a couple things: does he want to continue to play? How much does he get paid? and What position does he play?

If he wants to try one more year, they can offer a vet min contract with a tiny bonus or roster bonus that is paid if he makes the team. Give him very little guarenteed money and see if he can contribute this year.

Also I was looking up stats, some sites have him listed as a DE, one has him at DT.

I don't think we need him at DE, I would rather see them move Wolfe over to DE than Warren. Not being able to see him play any games recently I am not sure if he is what we need at DT. I like his height but I like to see Bigger more physical DT's these days, if he is bigger than 300lbs then fine.

I think we are stacked at DE, and very thin at DT. If he can make an impact at DT and still wants to play another year for the right price, then great. Sounds like he might be making the choice himself should he decide to retire. I sure like his 2007 stats though...

I think he is a tad over 300 pounds. It's a tough choice for sure. But the last thing I remember in preseason games this past season when watching him he was throwing guys around pretty good. He's definitely not a DE in a 4-3. But we play a good mix of 4-3 and 3-4. Either way, he's a big inside guy who is a MF'er to block when he's healthy. But that is the big IF isn't it. He's still only 32 years old so it's not like he's super old. Who knows, he might want to sign for the minimum just to have a lagit shot at getting a ring. We shall see but it's got to be a tough choice for Elway to make. I know everybody on here's like he hasn't given us anything since we signed him but as a GM you really have to look at the future and what you're trying to put together more so then you are at the past. Like I said, I like him on a 1 year deal with a low cap number. There's no risk really in that. It's a roll of the dice. If he can stay healthy, it will be looked at as a genius move by Elway.

Bmore Manning
02-20-2013, 03:51 PM
You don't see many if any good DTs in free agency? Guess you haven't looked..

oubronco
02-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Sucka ought to play for free this year after collecting checks for two years for nothing

KipCorrington25
02-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Avoid like the plague.

razorwire77
02-20-2013, 06:07 PM

This. Vet minimum with an incentive laden contract that he'll never hit. Bring him into camp and see what happens. Most likely he gets hurt/retires, but if you get even 5 games out of him, he's worth it.

gyldenlove
02-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Let him go, the money is better spend retaining Vickerson and possibly Bannan or towards a guy who has been healthy the last few years.

Lestat
02-20-2013, 07:05 PM
draft DT's with two of the top 4 picks and tell him adios.

Mogulseeker
02-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Dude I totally forgot he was on the team.

Heyneck
02-20-2013, 07:46 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zkcNLtn2gtk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBeavis
02-20-2013, 08:29 PM
This. Vet minimum with an incentive laden contract that he'll never hit. Bring him into camp and see what happens. Most likely he gets hurt/retires, but if you get even 5 games out of him, he's worth it.

I don't mind him hitting some incentives. It means he was on the field.

bigbucks24
02-20-2013, 08:38 PM

I believe the vet minimum for a 9 year player is $825,000. Do you really want to pay that just to take a look?

Broncojef
02-20-2013, 08:47 PM
I believe the vet minimum for a 9 year player is $825,000. Do you really want to pay that just to take a look?

Nope kick him to the curb and be done with this bad penny!!

broncosteven
02-20-2013, 08:48 PM

Is that the cap hit? That isn't all guarenteed is it? He could be cut before the season started without penalty right? They have to be on the opening day roster before the Cap hit right? It is late and I can't remember and I am not googling it.

Any no name FA is going to come in at least $500-600k on up with some bonus money right?

It is going to be a hard choice for Elway to make, then again Warren might make it for him.

Broncojef
02-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Draft some young studs up front, pickup a veteran MLB and safety and be done. Warren was damaged 3 years ago...cut bait.

Tombstone RJ
02-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Ty loves getting paid to rehab.

Bacchus
02-21-2013, 02:26 AM
You tell him to GTFO and say he is a loser for wasting our time and money. Then you have Fred kick him off Dove Valley grounds forever.

He is hardly a loser. He had serious injuries. If Warren wanted to come back at the vet minimum and Denver lost Vickerson or Bannan and if there was a spot for him I'd say sure. As it is it might be best he just moves on and tries another team and see if his luck changes.

Doggcow
02-21-2013, 02:37 AM
Never missed a game for me in Madden. FWIW.

ZONA
02-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Damn, got me thinking. The last time we really had a DT and MLB worth a damn was Trevor Pryce and Al Wilson. Don't you think it's about time we at least got one of those on this team.

DENVERDUI55
02-21-2013, 11:02 AM
when he's healthy, he's a difference maker, you gotta give him that.

There are plenty of players that the above would apply to and Bob Sanders comes to mind. Warren hasn't been a force since 2007 really even though he has made some serious dough over that time frame. I say don't waste the Broncos time with this guy.