Height: 6-4. Weight: 295.
Projected 40 Time: 5.17.
Projected Round (2013): Top-25.
Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia
Height: 6-3. Weight: 359. Arm: 33 1/8. Hand: 9 1/2
Projected 40 Time: 5.25.
Projected Round (2013): 1.

Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
Height: 6-3. Weight: 308. Arm: 33 3/4. Hand: 9 1/2.
Projected 40 Time: 5.05.

Sharrif Floyd*, DT, Florida
Height: 6-3. Weight: 301.
Projected 40 Time: 4.98.
Projected Round (2013): 1-2.

Bennie Logan*, DT, LSU
Height: 6-3. Weight: 287.
Projected 40 Time: 4.95.
Projected Round (2013): 1-2.

Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
Height: 6-3. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.19.
Projected Round (2013): 1-3.

Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
Height: 6-4. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.35.
Projected Round (2013): 2-3.

Jordan Hill, DT, Penn State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 294. Arm: 32 1/8. Hand: 10.
Projected 40 Time: 5.05.
Projected Round (2012): 3-4.

Akeem Spence*, DT, Illinois
Height: 6-1. Weight: 305.
Projected 40 Time: 5.23.
Projected Round (2013): 3-5.

Kwame Geathers*, DT, Georgia
Height: 6-6. Weight: 350.
Projected 40 Time: 5.55.
Projected Round (2013): 3-5.

Josh Boyd, DT, Mississippi State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 300.
Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
Projected Round (2012): 4-6.

Link: http://walterfootball.com/draft2013DT.php

Bacchus
02-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Damion Square, DT, Alabama
Height: 6-3. Weight: 286.
Projected Round (2013): 4-6.

Baker Steinkuhler, DT/DE, Nebraska
Height: 6-6. Weight: 290.
Projected 40 Time: 4.92.
Projected Round (2013): 4-6.

Corey Grissom, DT, South Florida
Height: 6-1. Weight: 313. Arm: 32 1/2. Hand: 9 1/8.
Projected 40 Time: 4.87.
Projected Round (2012): 5-6.

Joe Vellano, DT, Maryland
Height: 6-1. Weight: 285.
Projected 40 Time: 5.03.
Projected Round (2013): 5-6.
A.J. Francis, DT, Maryland
Height: 6-3. Weight: 305.
Projected Round (2013): 5-6.

Montori Hughes, DT, Tennessee-Martin
Height: 6-4. Weight: 327.
Projected 40 Time: 5.35.
Projected Round (2012): 5-7.

Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
Height: 6-1. Weight: 341. Arm: 32 3/4. Hand: 9 5/8.
Projected 40 Time: 5.27.
Projected Round (2012): 5-7.

Larry Black, Jr., DT, Indiana
Height: 6-2. Weight: 309.
Projected 40 Time: 5.55.
Projected Round (2013): 5-7.

Omar Hunter, DT, Florida
Height: 6-2. Weight: 290.
Projected 40 Time: 4.93.
Projected Round (2013): 6-7.

Everett Dawkins, DT, Florida State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 304.
Projected Round (2012): 6-FA.

Darrington Sentimore, DT, Tennessee
Height: 6-2. Weight: 288.

Brandon Moore, DT, Texas
Height: 6-5. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.37.

Aaron Tipoti, DT, California
Height: 6-2. Weight: 274.
Projected 40 Time: 4.99.
Projected Round (2013): 7-FA.

T.J. Barnes, DT, Georgia Tech
Height: 6-7. Weight: 333.
Projected 40 Time: 5.45.
Projected Round (2013): 7-FA.

Jose Jose, DT, Central Florida
Height: 6-2. Weight: 345.
Projected 40 Time: 5.40.
Projected Round (2012): FA.
Link: http://walterfootball.com/draft2013DT.php

Lestat
02-19-2013, 12:41 PM
i want Floyd and no other DT shall satisfy me.
he would be epic next to Wolfe at DT, plus like Wolfe he can flex out to DE.

Bacchus
02-19-2013, 12:43 PM

That is who I want as well. I thought he was bigger than 301 lbs though. Maybe i read that he could get bigger. 320 sticks in my mind though.

A legitimate 7-8 DTs that could go in the first round.

Bmore Manning
02-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Brandon Williams in the 5-7 range.. Yes please!

Requiem
02-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Brandon Williams and T.J. Barnes are going to go higher than that.

Bacchus, if you take something from WalterFootball.com -- you should at least link to it. You can't copy and paste full stuff like that on the site, per TJ's rules.

Not trying to get after you, just lettin' you know.

Shananahan
02-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Richardson is my guy.

Lestat
02-19-2013, 01:13 PM
That is who I want as well. I thought he was bigger than 301 lbs though. Maybe i read that he could get bigger. 320 sticks in my mind though.

no, he's been bigger than that in the past but slimmed down to play DE(which he did 2 seasons ago) and they moved him back to DT this season after it finally dawned on the coaching staff that he's best at DT.

305-310 lbs would be his ideal weight for the type of DT that he is.
plus it would allow him to remain a flex type to get out at DE on some downs and really be flexible.

gyldenlove
02-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Kawann Short is going to be a really solid player for someone, he is a good fit in the 4-3 and can play either DT position.

Lestat
02-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Richardson is my guy.

i like him but i think he will go higher than our pick and he's not a guy i would trade up for.

Bacchus
02-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Wow, this guy is a load!!

Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia
Height: 6-3. Weight: 359. Arm: 33 1/8. Hand: 9 1/2.
Projected 40 Time: 5.25.
2/1/13: Jenkins racked up 50 tackles, two tackles for a loss and a sack in 2012. He stood out with good games against Missouri, South Carolina, Florida and Auburn. Jenkins played well in the SEC Championship and beat Alabama guard Chance Warmack for a sack.

Jenkins is a load at the line of scrimmage who can collapse the pocket while stuffing runs. He helped his stock this season and was dominant at the Senior Bowl. Jenkins was destroying interior linemen with his bull rush and showed some serious explosiveness off the snap. It isn't out of the question for Jenkins to be mid first-rounder.

8/25/12: The junior college product Jenkins showed off massive size with some surprising athleticism in his debut last year for the Bulldogs. The junior had 28 with six tackles for a loss and three sacks.

Jenkins is a massive load at the line of scrimmage. He is a natural fit as a zero-technique nose tackle in a 3-4 defense. It helps that Jenkins already plays that position for Georgia.

Bacchus
02-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Brandon Williams and T.J. Barnes are going to go higher than that.

Bacchus, if you take something from WalterFootball.com -- you should at least link to it. You can't copy and paste full stuff like that on the site, per TJ's rules.

Not trying to get after you, just lettin' you know.

oh I forgot. You know I had to go in there and bold everything for you lazy ****ers.

Requiem
02-19-2013, 01:27 PM

Floyd would be awesome, but Walter has him seriously underrated. A lot of people have him going in the Top 15 now and an article from NFP stated that around 10 personnel people in the NFL believe that and some feel he could even go Top 10. Some think he can be as good as Warren Sapp. That is high praise. He has two-gapping experience, but he is a premier UT in the NFL as a 3-tech rushing the passer. The same goes for Short, who is probably my favorite player in the draft.

Nobody can be for sure who the Broncos like or who they will choose, but I have a feeling they will go after some big-bodied players or those who have had NT experience in college that translates well into what we do here. A few names of middle to late round guys who would could work here in our rotation:

Corey Grissom, Brandon Williams, Omar Hunter (Gators NT, Floyd's teammate), Kwame Geathers and T.J. Barnes. I have concerns about the conditioning of the last two, but I think these guys would be good fits here. Obviously I want a high impact guy, but we will probably ignore drafting a DT at one of the best drafts for it all-time.

Tombstone RJ
02-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Lots to choose from. The Broncos should be able to walk away from this draft with at least one solid rotational DT. If they get a quality MLB and DT in this draft, and maybe a quality RB too, I'd be very happy with the draft.

Shananahan
02-19-2013, 01:43 PM
i like him but i think he will go higher than our pick and he's not a guy i would trade up for.
Yeah, he stands a very good chance of soaring after the combine. He's a ridiculous athlete for his size.

Mediator12
02-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Yeah, he stands a very good chance of soaring after the combine. He's a ridiculous athlete for his size.

We shall see how he looks on MONDAY ;D

I can not wait, INDY is frigid and very awful weather wise right now, but its going to be nice for when the players arrive starting tomorrow with ST's and QB's.

This is the deepest DT draft in years, with some HUGE NT's available that can actually play football, not just be large Cones for OL to toss around. DE/OLB is not poor either. It's a Defensive smorgasbord :thumbs:

Bacchus
02-19-2013, 02:00 PM
We shall see how he looks on MONDAY ;D

I can not wait, INDY is frigid and very awful weather wise right now, but its going to be nice for when the players arrive starting tomorrow with ST's and QB's.

This is the deepest DT draft in years, with some HUGE NT's available that can actually play football, not just be large Cones for OL to toss around. DE/OLB is not poor either. It's a Defensive smorgasbord :thumbs:

So Mediator, who do you like for the Broncos first pick? Who do you like for their 3rd to 4th round pick at DT.

Here is Walter Football's big board which looks a lot different than their DT list. Looks like Floyd moved up to the 16th best player out of Denver's range I imagine.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013bigboard.php

Mediator12
02-19-2013, 02:28 PM
So Mediator, who do you like for the Broncos first pick? Who do you like for their 3rd to 4th round pick at DT.

Here is Walter Football's big board which looks a lot different than their DT list. Looks like Floyd moved up to the 16th best player out of Denver's range I imagine.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013bigboard.php

Not sure yet, boards are absolutely worthless until postcombine. I have ideas on the players, just not the values yet. As for the middle round guys, I have some I really like and will share once they get drafted in the OM draft :approve:

Requiem
02-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Secrets don't make friends, Med. :P

Understood though.

Bmore Manning
02-19-2013, 02:41 PM
There's a non early round DT that I am incredibly high on.. When do we draft again?

Requiem
02-19-2013, 02:43 PM
:)There's a non early round DT that I am incredibly high on.. When do we draft again?

As soon as the Combine is done. Then we will go through the first three rounds and then freeze the draft until the compensatory selections are announced at the owners meeting in March. I'm glad you're participating. You are going to have a fun time. What team are you drafting for?

Bmore Manning
02-19-2013, 02:46 PM
:)

As soon as the Combine is done. Then we will go through the first three rounds and then freeze the draft until the compensatory selections are announced at the owners meeting in March. I'm glad you're participating. You are going to have a fun time. What team are you drafting for?

Thank you bro! Baltimore Ravens.

Requiem
02-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Thank you bro! Baltimore Ravens.

Your new nickname is Ozzie Newsome.

OBF1
02-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Forget wishing for Floyd, He is going to be long gone halfway through the 1st round. I think that once again, Denver will pass on a top DT in this draft like they have the last number of drafts. I am sure a number of posters are going to be throwing things at their TV's and other will be scratching their heads when Denver's pick is announced.

Lestat
02-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Floyd would be awesome, but Walter has him seriously underrated. A lot of people have him going in the Top 15 now and an article from NFP stated that around 10 personnel people in the NFL believe that and some feel he could even go Top 10. Some think he can be as good as Warren Sapp. That is high praise. He has two-gapping experience, but he is a premier UT in the NFL as a 3-tech rushing the passer. The same goes for Short, who is probably my favorite player in the draft.

Nobody can be for sure who the Broncos like or who they will choose, but I have a feeling they will go after some big-bodied players or those who have had NT experience in college that translates well into what we do here. A few names of middle to late round guys who would could work here in our rotation:

Corey Grissom, Brandon Williams, Omar Hunter (Gators NT, Floyd's teammate), Kwame Geathers and T.J. Barnes. I have concerns about the conditioning of the last two, but I think these guys would be good fits here. Obviously I want a high impact guy, but we will probably ignore drafting a DT at one of the best drafts for it all-time.

i wouldn't say he has him underrated. he's projected about right before the combine. he was a 2nd or 3rd before the last 6-7 weeks of the season. and the bowl game vs Louisville really propelled him further up boards.

ludo21
02-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Forget wishing for Floyd, He is going to be long gone halfway through the 1st round. I think that once again, Denver will pass on a top DT in this draft like they have the last number of drafts. I am sure a number of posters are going to be throwing things at their TV's and other will be scratching their heads when Denver's pick is announced.

this we can be sure of :rofl:

pricejj
02-19-2013, 04:26 PM
He has two-gapping experience, but he is a premier UT in the NFL as a 3-tech rushing the passer. The same goes for Short, who is probably my favorite player in the draft.

The problem with Kawann Short, is that he is 24 years old (he's actually older than Derek Wolfe).

It's tough to get a bead on how good he is, because he's often matched up against players who are 2 and 3 years younger than him (in college). I'm not even sure he's better than other younger prospects last year (like Jerel Worthy or Devon Still).

A lot depends on how fast he runs, and how much he lifts at the combine. My question is: is Kawann Short, just another Brodrick Bunkley? If so, the Broncos may be better served to draft a bigger NT (like John Jenkins), who by his mere size would generate an automatic double-team (theoretically). What are your thoughts?

Requiem
02-19-2013, 04:39 PM
He is better than Worthy and Still. He is not working out at the combine. I don't really worry about his age, nor the age of those he faced. He regularly beats his man and that is what counts. At a good physical level and has the ability to contribute immediately. I don't see him as a Broderick Bunkley either. As I said, what he is best at isn't what we are necessarily looking for in our defense.

I don't have a problem with John Jenkins, but conditioning is a concern for me. Mental grasp of the game too. I want to see how he weighs in at the combine as well compared to Senior Bowl week. Don't know if he is going to be an all-world difference maker. Could probably get players later who would offer the same sort of value.

Bacchus
02-19-2013, 04:50 PM

What do you mean? Denver used their first selection last year on a DT.

Requiem
02-19-2013, 04:56 PM
What do you mean? Denver used their first selection last year on a DT.

Who plays DE most of the time. People have been advocating a stud DT picture here since I came here in 2006. I assume people have been pining for one since Kevin Williams came out.

Bacchus
02-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Who plays DE most of the time. People have been advocating a stud DT picture here since I came here in 2006. I assume people have been pining for one since Kevin Williams came out.

But they did draft one last year in the first round.

Maybe now that Bannon and Vickerson are FA Wolfe will move inside after gaining another 10 lbs.

Requiem
02-19-2013, 05:24 PM
They drafted him in the second round and he plays DE for us.

Bigdawg26
02-19-2013, 05:34 PM
I would be happy with one of those guys in the 2nd or 3rd. It would be awesome if we could get two second round picks to grab one of them and Eric Reid and/or Minter. Ideally I want 1st- Floyd 2nd-Minter 2ndb-Reid and 3rd-Montae Ball.

Bmore Manning
02-19-2013, 05:49 PM
I really like what Wolfe does for Miller.. I really like our scheme. Its a 3-4 in disguise.. But if Wolfe plays inside we are compromising our best player (Miller). Who plays DE then?

Agamemnon
02-19-2013, 06:09 PM
I just don't see us drafting a DT in the 1st. A lot of people will probably be disappointed once again. My guess is that our pick will be OL or RB.

gyldenlove
02-19-2013, 06:10 PM
The problem with Kawann Short, is that he is 24 years old (he's actually older than Derek Wolfe).

It's tough to get a bead on how good he is, because he's often matched up against players who are 2 and 3 years younger than him (in college). I'm not even sure he's better than other younger prospects last year (like Jerel Worthy or Devon Still).

A lot depends on how fast he runs, and how much he lifts at the combine. My question is: is Kawann Short, just another Brodrick Bunkley? If so, the Broncos may be better served to draft a bigger NT (like John Jenkins), who by his mere size would generate an automatic double-team (theoretically). What are your thoughts?

A guy who can take double teams at 308 is more impressive than a guy at 330 who can do it. The big difference between college and the NFL is that most guards in the NFL can deal with a 330 pound NT, there are only so many Haloti Ngatas and Vince Wilforks, but there are plenty of fatties who never amount to anything.

Agamemnon
02-19-2013, 06:11 PM
I really like what Wolfe does for Miller.. I really like our scheme. Its a 3-4 in disguise.. But if Wolfe plays inside we are compromising our best player (Miller). Who plays DE then?

I really don't see any reason to think Wolfe won't continue to have a hybrid role on our defense.

Rohirrim
02-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Interesting to compare Walter's take on Jesse Williams with Rob Rang's:

Has a naturally wide frame with relatively short limbs, giving him the low center of gravity conducive to holding up at the point of attack.
Possesses unbelievable weight-room strength (600 pound bench press) that translates well onto the football field due to his use of leverage and surprisingly good technique considering the fact that he's a relative neophyte who only took up the game at age 15 and has played just four seasons of football in the United States.

Has improved his use of hands over his two seasons at Alabama and has developed into a cognitive defender capable of reading the action, shedding the block with heavy, active hands and making the tackle in the hole.

Has the length to play outside as a five-technique defensive end, a role in which he initially played during his junior season with the Tide before sliding inside to the nose as a senior. Good phone-booth quickness and plays hard, competing to the whistle.

Also served as Alabama's short-yardage fullback in 2012, a testament to his power and aggression. An ascending talent with passion and work ethic to improve.

COMPARES TO: Vince Wilfork, New England Patriots -- Like the Patriots' run-stuffing nose guard, Williams isn't going to pressure the quarterback often but his size and strength will make him a force in the middle.

Bmore Manning
02-19-2013, 06:57 PM
We probably shouldn't and won't be drafting a first round two gapper, unless Short falls..that's if the scheme stays the same.

Lestat
02-19-2013, 08:27 PM
I just don't see us drafting a DT in the 1st. A lot of people will probably be disappointed once again. My guess is that our pick will be OL or RB.

picking a RB will piss most off but i doubt picking a OL would.
the only thing that would excite them more than a DT is a FS.

Bigdawg26
02-19-2013, 08:57 PM

I'm tellin ya man Eric Reid is going to be a good one! I'm been pushing him all along!

Lestat
02-19-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm tellin ya man Eric Reid is going to be a good one! I'm been pushing him all along!

Reid is solid but if we're taking a safety i want Elam or Lester.

pricejj
02-19-2013, 09:46 PM
He is better than Worthy and Still. He is not working out at the combine. I don't really worry about his age, nor the age of those he faced. He regularly beats his man and that is what counts. At a good physical level and has the ability to contribute immediately. I don't see him as a Broderick Bunkley either. As I said, what he is best at isn't what we are necessarily looking for in our defense.

I'll check him out a little closer. What I've seen (and based on his body size), he's a 1-gapping UT...exactly what Wolfe is best at. It almost seems like he's a slightly shorter Derek Wolfe-type player. So both would be 5-techs? Doesn't sound optimal for two guys who have the athletic ability to get penetration off the snap. Guess we'll find out this offseason what the long term plan is for this Defense.

I don't have a problem with John Jenkins, but conditioning is a concern for me. Mental grasp of the game too. I want to see how he weighs in at the combine as well compared to Senior Bowl week. Don't know if he is going to be an all-world difference maker. Could probably get players later who would offer the same sort of value.

Jenkins is kinda like a Dontari Poe, and it sounded like Fox was high on him last year (from an interview). At least you know with a guy like that, he would require a double-team (theoretically)...which is something that Vickerson can't do.

Heyneck
02-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Lots to choose from. The Broncos should be able to walk away from this draft with at least one solid rotational DT. If they get a quality MLB and DT in this draft, and maybe a quality RB too, I'd be very happy with the draft.

Floyd, Brown and Latimore!

Jetmeck
02-20-2013, 12:59 AM

7-8 DTs in the first...would love for us invest in this position with a high round pick................

As long as teams keep VON in coverage types of defenses Doom is gonna struggle...........we need some interior line PUSH...........

Another DE would be a plus as well.............

Agamemnon
02-20-2013, 01:47 AM

Lacy is the quintessential Fox 1st round back. People who don't have that pick on their radar as a possibility are crazy. I'm not predicting it per se, I'm just saying that Lacy looks like the exact kind of guy Fox likes to have carrying the ball.

Bacchus
02-20-2013, 01:56 AM
7-8 DTs in the first...would love for us invest in this position with a high round pick................

As long as teams keep VON in coverage types of defenses Doom is gonna struggle...........we need some interior line PUSH...........

Another DE would be a plus as well.............

I like the DE depth and feel Denver has bigger needs. Wolfe, Ayers and Von hold that position down pretty well in rotation. Who is the guy on the practice squad that seemed to show a lot of promise? Anyway, I think Denver has bigger issuses at OL, RB, CB, S, WR/Slot and MLB. Of course if they saw a FA that they like at a good price that would be wonderful but I would not want to use a high or mid-level draft pick on one.

I also do not see 7-8 DTs going in the first round so that means I think Denver will have a shot at a top 4-6 DT when they pick increasing their value at 28.

EDIT: Jeremy Beal is the practice squad guy at DE that might be able to step up this year and contribute.

Shananahan
02-20-2013, 07:57 AM
I'd be more anxious about this pick with all the defensive talent if I hadn't developed some faith in the coaching staff over the past two seasons. Fox and Del Rio know what they want, so I just hope there's some good stuff there when they pick.

I'm hoping Richardson's retarded brain knocks him down a notch or two and he's an option.

Requiem
02-20-2013, 07:59 AM
The only way Richardson will be there at #28 is if he rips his leg off in drills.

NickStixx
02-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Reid is solid but if we're taking a safety i want Elam or Lester.

WORD! Plus I think Lester could be there in the 3rd round when we pick. Unless he just goes nuts at the combine. He's going to be good. On Walter football they have him rated from 3rd-4th round.
Elam MIGHT be there in the 2nd round but probably won't fall to us.
I haven't watched much of Eric Reid, but he is rated as a 2nd to 3rd rounder.
Jonathan Cyprien might be a guy to go after as well in the 3rd round.

Bacchus
02-20-2013, 10:13 AM
WORD! Plus I think Lester could be there in the 3rd round when we pick. Unless he just goes nuts at the combine. He's going to be good. On Walter football they have him rated from 3rd-4th round.

Really? I was thinking Elam was going to get drafted before we got to him in the first round. I think he is going to be real good. I would not be upset if Denver took him with the 28th pick.

Bigdawg26
02-20-2013, 10:34 AM

Matt Elam reminds me so much of Reggie Nelson. He's a good hitter and solid coverage but a bit to small to be a prime time hitter to me. Lester kinda reminds me of a straight up box safety. He's no that good in deep coverage but a big hitter. We need a guy that can cover with range and an agressive hitter like Eric Reid. Besides I think Elam will be gone by the time our second round comes up and Lester will be there in the 3rd (where I would like to get a RB).

NickStixx
02-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Matt Elam reminds me so much of Reggie Nelson. He's a good hitter and solid coverage but a bit to small to be a prime time hitter to me. Lester kinda reminds me of a straight up box safety. He's no that good in deep coverage but a big hitter. We need a guy that can cover with range and an agressive hitter like Eric Reid. Besides I think Elam will be gone by the time our second round comes up and Lester will be there in the 3rd (where I would like to get a RB).

I also want to take a RB, so I am with you there. But I wouldn't say Lester is just a big hitting box safety at all. Actually I think he is quite the opposite and scouting reports that I have read agree. He had 8 INT's two years ago and 4 more last year. If he is there in the 4th I say we absolutely should take him, and if he is there in the 3rd then we should still even take a good look at him.

I will admit though that I don't know much about Eric Reid, but scouting reports that I have read say that he really needs to improve on his pass coverage skills for the NFL. So it's almost opposite to what you have said.

I want a DT, CB, RB, MLB, Safety, WR, O-line in this draft... and I would rank it in that order as far as importance for us to improve this next year. Wouldn't you agree?

I know the sting of Rahim Moore is still fresh in everyone's mind, but I KNOW he is better than that... just had the worst play of his life at the worst moment. So I don't think safety is a HUGE need for Denver this year.

Bacchus
02-20-2013, 02:00 PM
I want a DT, CB, RB, MLB, Safety, WR, O-line in this draft... and I would rank it in that order as far as importance for us to improve this next year. Wouldn't you agree?

I know the sting of Rahim Moore is still fresh in everyone's mind, but I KNOW he is better than that... just had the worst play of his life at the worst moment. So I don't think safety is a HUGE need for Denver this year.

I agree with the order but that depends on FA signings. Denver signs Revis or Seymore or Elerbe or Jackson and that list changes. hmmm what is Elway thinking?

Requiem
02-20-2013, 02:03 PM
It is too bad that Cyprien kid is getting raved about now. I thought he was a realistic possiblity for us with our second rounder, probably not anymore.

DBroncos4life
02-20-2013, 02:06 PM
It is too bad that Cyprien kid is getting raved about now. I thought he was a realistic possiblity for us with our second rounder, probably not anymore.

I have him going to the Lions at pick 36 :)

Requiem
02-20-2013, 02:09 PM
I have him going to the Lions at pick 36 :)

<@:c (

NickStixx
02-20-2013, 02:19 PM

You think he is going to be gone before our 2nd rounder?? I have heard the hype about him, but I didn't think it was that high.

pricejj
02-20-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't think the value is really there, but I'm leaning more and more towards a 1st round CB.

Tony Carter is the weak link on a top 5 Defense. If Porter would have played in the playoffs, I bet the Broncos would have won.

Requiem
02-20-2013, 03:44 PM
You think he is going to be gone before our 2nd rounder?? I have heard the hype about him, but I didn't think it was that high.

A great combine will solidify Top 50 status, IMO.

Bacchus
03-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Any problem with drafting Jesse Williams in the first round? He has only played football since the age of 15. He is very strong and has a great motor. He is also 323lbs, I think putting another white guy next to Wolfe could vault the Broncos to the Superbowl. What ya think?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1824786

I saw a Mock draft where Seattle picks him before Denver in the first but most of the mocks has him early second round.

STRENGTHS: Has a naturally wide frame with relatively short limbs, giving him the low center of gravity conducive to holding up at the point of attack.

Possesses unbelievable weight-room strength (600 pound bench press) that translates well onto the football field due to his use of leverage and surprisingly good technique considering the fact that he's a relative neophyte who only took up the game at age 15 and has played just four seasons of football in the United States.

Has improved his use of hands over his two seasons at Alabama and has developed into a cognitive defender capable of reading the action, shedding the block with heavy, active hands and making the tackle in the hole.

Has the length to play outside as a five-technique defensive end, a role in which he initially played during his junior season with the Tide before sliding inside to the nose as a senior. Good phone-booth quickness and plays hard, competing to the whistle.

Also served as Alabama's short-yardage fullback in 2012, a testament to his power and aggression. An ascending talent with passion and work ethic to improve.

WEAKNESSES: Bit of a one-trick pony as Williams does not possess the quickness or the agility to collapse the pocket as a pass rusher. Must do a better job of protecting his knees as he is susceptible to cut blocks. Too often raises his pad level at the snap, negating some of his power and making him all the more vulnerable to cuts, as he possesses only moderate flexibility.

Has to do a better job of getting his hands up in passing lanes as he rarely gets home as a pass rusher (just three passes broken up in 25 career starts at Alabama).

Plays with good effort but lacks lateral agility and struggles to knock down ballcarriers with any room to maneuver.

COMPARES TO: Vince Wilfork, New England Patriots -- Like the Patriots' run-stuffing nose guard, Williams isn't going to pressure the quarterback often but his size and strength will make him a force in the middle.

NFLBRONCO
03-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Denver is in trade out spot

Bacchus
03-05-2013, 01:56 AM
Denver is in trade out spot

Well, if they trade out of the spot then they might still be able to get him in the second round.

Requiem
03-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Broncos are going to select someone like Geathers or Barnes in the middle of the draft. I expect their first four selections to include: DB, LB, WR, OL. Maybe a running back pending on what they do in FA.

Bacchus
03-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Broncos are going to select someone like Geathers or Barnes in the middle of the draft. I expect their first four selections to include: DB, LB, WR, OL. Maybe a running back pending on what they do in FA.

Depending what they do in FA. I think they will go DT, DB, WR, OL.

Of course all this will change after FA opens. Denver could sign Revis, or a DT and that would change their draft needs.

Denver right now has lost BOTH their starting DTs. I did read they want to re-sign Vickerson so we'll see how that plays out. He is due for a raise.

Requiem
03-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Yeah brother, I'm with you on wanting a DT early -- but all of us here and elsewhere have been wanting that for years. Getting Wolfe as at DT, who played a majority of snaps at DE is probably as good as it is going to get for us with an early selection on a DT. We are all losing hope. But I'm with you -- we basically have nobody besides Unrein (ERFA) at DT going forward. Bannan and Vickerson. Who the Hell was our fourth DT?

Bacchus
03-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah brother, I'm with you on wanting a DT early -- but all of us here and elsewhere have been wanting that for years. Getting Wolfe as at DT, who played a majority of snaps at DE is probably as good as it is going to get for us with an early selection on a DT. We are all losing hope. But I'm with you -- we basically have nobody besides Unrein (ERFA) at DT going forward. Bannan and Vickerson. Who the Hell was our fourth DT?

Malik Jackson who did get some quality minutes last year. Jackson has a large frame and I think he will be able to add some big pounds to his body. I look forward to him playing about 300 lbs in the future.

Mediator12
03-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Malik Jackson who did get some quality minutes last year. Jackson has a large frame and I think he will be able to add some big pounds to his body. I look forward to him playing about 300 lbs in the future.

Nope, Nope, nope. Dude is a natural DE and ONLY played inside at TENN because they needed bodies. That he was good inside just adds to his nickel pass rush value inside. Should be a DE in this system, and a solid Pass rusher and run defender.

Mogulseeker
03-05-2013, 01:08 PM
After the combine, I'm really intrigued by Akeem Spence from Illinois.

He had one of the fastest 10-yard splits among linemen at 1.67 - at 307 lbs.

I think he can be a good bull rusher to generate internal pressure.

Requiem
03-05-2013, 01:27 PM
After the combine, I'm really intrigued by Akeem Spence from Illinois.

He had one of the fastest 10-yard splits among linemen at 1.67 - at 307 lbs.

I think he can be a good bull rusher to generate internal pressure.

Akeem who!? Shh. Don't mention his name. He is going to be a steal in the OM draft. ;D

Bacchus
03-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Nope, Nope, nope. Dude is a natural DE and ONLY played inside at TENN because they needed bodies. That he was good inside just adds to his nickel pass rush value inside. Should be a DE in this system, and a solid Pass rusher and run defender.

Ok, he did play almost all DT last year, I figured they would want to keep him there. Although I do agree he does not fit the mold of a JDR tackle. I really think we'll see some good things from him this year. I guess he could step into Doom's spot maybe.