PDA

View Full Version : FA possibilities?

MABroncoFan
02-15-2013, 02:20 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5176/austin-collie

Bmore Manning
02-15-2013, 03:03 PM
This is what I have been thinking and saying on here for quiet some time.

DomCasual
02-15-2013, 03:24 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nP3DapqbYwE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rise, all loyal Cougars
And hurl your challenge to the foe.
We will fight, day or night,
Rain or snow.
Loyal, strong and true,
Wear the White and Blue.
As we sing, get set to spring.
Come on Cougars, it's up to you!

So Rise and Shout, the Cougars are out
We're on a trail to fame and glory.
Rise and shout, our cheers will ring out
As we unfold our vict'ry story.
On we go to vanquish the foe
For Alma Mater's sons and daughters.
As we join in song,
In praise of you, our faith is strong.
We'll raise our colors high in the blue
And cheer our Cougars of BYU.

Swedish Extrovert
02-15-2013, 03:33 PM
We need our token Mormon now that Spencer Larsen is gone.

Maybe two - Manti T'eo, perhaps?

extralife
02-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Collie is done

Bmore Manning
02-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Collie is done

Thanks Doc..

DBroncos4life
02-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Thanks Doc..

I second that so...

Swedish Extrovert
02-15-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't see much risk if Collie signs for the vet minimum with incentives.

DENVERDUI55
02-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Bring them all in Freeney, Collie, Woodson, Ellerbe, Welker, Ed Reed, Steven Jackson, Jon Beason, The Carolina RB that gets the hook. Sign everyone Elway.

mopatt24
02-15-2013, 04:44 PM
I wonder what it will take to get Harvin from minny?

BroncosfanGuy
02-15-2013, 04:55 PM
I wonder what it will take to get Harvin from minny?

considering his contract is up after the year, too much.

DomCasual
02-15-2013, 05:14 PM

I heard that Manti T'eo was having an online relationship with Josh McDaniels' wife.

The only problem I see with that is if we somehow sign Peyton Hillis. That virtual triangle could make for an awkward locker room.

Worst case, we might have to bring in Brian Griese's dog to settle the matter.

I would simply put Hillis, Teo, and Brian Griese's dog in an IHOP parking lot, and let Foneco sort the whole thing out.

Swedish Extrovert
02-15-2013, 06:37 PM
I heard that Manti T'eo was having an online relationship with Josh McDaniels' wife.

The only problem I see with that is if we somehow sign Peyton Hillis. That virtual triangle could make for an awkward locker room.

Worst case, we might have to bring in Brian Griese's dog to settle the matter.

I would simply put Hillis, Teo, and Brian Griese's dog in an IHOP parking lot, and let Foneco sort the whole thing out.

The GF sandal is a blessing in disguise. I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like the issue is damning of his character or anything... if anything it's an indictment of his intelligence, but I don't see how it could be handled much differently. If T'eo slips to 28, and he probably will, we should take him.

BroncoMan4ever
02-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Bring them all in Freeney, Collie, Woodson, Ellerbe, Welker, Ed Reed, Steven Jackson, Jon Beason, The Carolina RB that gets the hook. Sign everyone Elway.

No to a DE on the downslope of his career
Stokley probably has more in the tank than Collie
Yes to Woodson if price is right
Yes to Reed
NO to Jackson
Yes if the Carolina RB is Stewart, No if Williams

Bmore Manning
02-15-2013, 08:13 PM
I second that so...

LOL!! Thanks Doc!

Guys, what's the harm in a veteran minimum deal. It's such a low risk high reward move. Just don't be upset if it happens..

DBroncos4life
02-15-2013, 08:25 PM
LOL!! Thanks Doc!

Guys, what's the harm in a veteran minimum deal. It's such a low risk high reward move. Just don't be upset if it happens..
5 plus concussions and a torn knee in under 4 NFL seasons. Does one really need to be a DR to see the guy is just done?
600K plus is a lot for someone that has head issues and a bad knee. I would rather spend more on a player that we can count on.

Bmore Manning
02-15-2013, 08:27 PM
5 plus concussions and a torn knee in under 4 NFL seasons. Does one really need to be a DR to see the guy is just done?
600K plus is a lot for someone that has head issues and a bad knee. I would rather spend more on a player that we can count on.

What's better the cap room on Collie or Caldwell?

DBroncos4life
02-15-2013, 08:30 PM
What's better the cap room on Collie or Caldwell?

Since when are they the only two options?

Bmore Manning
02-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Since when are they the only two options?

The cap is going to be tight. There won't be many options.. Collie is a very low risk high reward signing. If he gets hurt, Stokely would just step back into that old role..

Bmore Manning
02-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Strange how we are saying Collie is concusion prone suffering 5 thus far in his young career, yet Stokely suffered 10 concusions of his own.. And seems to be fine..

Give me a low risk high reward signing of Collie ANY DAY!

cutthemdown
02-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Collie could get a shot at a comeback with the Broncos but he won't be signed and penciled in by any stretch IMO. He can't even step on a field without getting carted off.

DBroncos4life
02-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Strange how we are saying Collie is concusion prone suffering 5 thus far in his young career, yet Stokely suffered 10 concusions of his own.. And seems to be fine..

Give me a low risk high reward signing of Collie ANY DAY!

I doubt you will find many people here that will mistake Stokley for Jerry Rice man. Stokley could be upgraded as well.

gunns
02-16-2013, 07:36 AM
No to a DE on the downslope of his career
Stokley probably has more in the tank than Collie
Yes to Woodson if price is right
Yes to Reed
NO to Jackson
Yes if the Carolina RB is Stewart, No if Williams

Yes. Especially the last one. As far as a Mormon, Lotulelei maybe one and has much more talent than ANY player from BYU. :) So go draft there.

Bmore Manning
02-16-2013, 09:12 AM
I doubt you will find many people here that will mistake Stokley for Jerry Rice man. Stokley could be upgraded as well.

The issue of his concussions are what would make him affordable and a very low risk signing.. Stokely had concussion problems in his career as well. Stokely has familiarity with Manning and would upgrade Stokely tremendously. But Stokely can be retained as another option and insurance for Collie.

Heyneck
02-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Heck no! So... we are going to become Indy West? **** that!!! Collie can't even bite on a candy bar without biting his own fingers.

Rascal
02-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Heck no! So... we are going to become Indy West? **** that!!! Collie can't even bite on a candy bar without getting a concussion.

fixed

Collie has talent, but I'd be surprised if he plays anymore.

DBroncos4life
02-16-2013, 10:04 AM
The issue of his concussions are what would make him affordable and a very low risk signing.. Stokely had concussion problems in his career as well. Stokely has familiarity with Manning and would upgrade Stokely tremendously. But Stokely can be retained as another option and insurance for Collie.

So you want 2 players to play one position costing no less then 1.6 million dollars because of the min. Also that would mean we would have 4 WR's active for games with none having any ST's ability. That is why Caldwell didn't start over Willis and I imagine the same thing would happen to Collie.

Play2win
02-16-2013, 10:45 AM

By getting a 6-3 guy that can run like the wind, through the draft. 3 big athletic WRs + Manning turns a strength into a colossal strength.

Bmore Manning
02-16-2013, 11:42 AM
So you want 2 players to play one position costing no less then 1.6 million dollars because of the min. Also that would mean we would have 4 WR's active for games with none having any ST's ability. That is why Caldwell didn't start over Willis and I imagine the same thing would happen to Collie.

I wouldn't retain the services of Willis. Having 4 WR who can actually play will help in the unfortunate event of an injury. I'm not sure why someone as knowledgeable as yourself doesn't see the huge potential in such a move. I didn't say go sign him long term. But a 1 year prove it deal around $695 K only $200 K or so more than a ROOKIE, for a player who if healthy would dramatically impact the passing attack, and you guys aren't somewhat interested.. Wow..

DBroncos4life
02-16-2013, 11:59 AM
I wouldn't retain the services of Willis. Having 4 WR who can actually play will help in the unfortunate event of an injury. I'm not sure why someone as knowledgeable as yourself doesn't see the huge potential in such a move. I didn't say go sign him long term. But a 1 year prove it deal around $695 K only $200 K or so more than a ROOKIE, for a player who if healthy would dramatically impact the passing attack, and you guys aren't somewhat interested.. Wow..

The only reason Willis was on the team was because he played ST. That is an important factor in what we do as far as roster space man. We can't have 4 guys active at a position that has zero ability to play ST. Who and what position makes up for the lack that ST now? That is more money and yet another roster spot. I hate Willis by the way. I would like him replaced, but not by two people one of which has been healthy like 50 percent of the time. Willis 22 targets could be replaced by a cheaper player that can play ST.

Nothing you say about Collie is going to change my mind here. The number 4 WR HAS to be able to play ST or he has no value to us just like Caldwell. I don't see Collie becoming a gunner anytime soon man.

Bmore Manning
02-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Yet you advocate Tavon Austin who would be a gunner either. That just means you make a hard choice somewhere. But if someone's potential on how he could help on offense means we sacrifice another positions depth by 1 spot. Then I'm sorry but I can live with such a choice.

Bmore Manning
02-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Collie would be the #3 WR not 4 by the way..

DBroncos4life
02-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Yet you advocate Tavon Austin who would be a gunner either. That just means you make a hard choice somewhere. But if someone's potential on how he could help on offense means we sacrifice another positions depth by 1 spot. Then I'm sorry but I can live with such a choice.

Austin would be the number 3 guy. Stokley would be gone or at best the 5 guy to replace Caldwell. The number 4 guy would be another young guy to play ST. That is the way it will go to get the max out of our roster. There is ZERO reason to invest in the number 4 WR when we targeted him 22 times.

That has fail all over it. The Colts got lucky they picked up Avery cheap last off season. They were smart enough to not bank on Collie lasting.

CEH
02-16-2013, 01:08 PM

I'd sign Collie in a vet minimum incentive laced deal. He'd start out just trying to make the team and pay as you go with his concussion history

Anything higher than #4 WR is gravy

Bmore Manning
02-16-2013, 01:43 PM
I'd sign Collie in a vet minimum incentive laced deal. He'd start out just trying to make the team and pay as you go with his concussion history

Anything higher than #4 WR is gravy

This. But if he is healthy no doubt in my mind he would be the #3.

Bmore Manning
02-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Austin would be the number 3 guy. Stokley would be gone or at best the 5 guy to replace Caldwell. The number 4 guy would be another young guy to play ST. That is the way it will go to get the max out of our roster. There is ZERO reason to invest in the number 4 WR when we targeted him 22 times.

That has fail all over it. The Colts got lucky they picked up Avery cheap last off season. They were smart enough to not bank on Collie lasting.

Collie would play the slot! If he is healthy he would no doubt be the #3 WR. He is incredibly talented. I don't think you watched him play nearly as much as I did. And Stokely would be your #4/#5 and a quality insurance policy. It makes so much sense whether you acknowledge it or not. You can add another player to special teams. Im sure Willis would be a devestating LOSS to special teams! Maybe he (Stokely) wouldn't dress every game, but he would be a great insurance policy. We can't project the 53.. Or the game day roster at this point.

Rother8
02-16-2013, 01:53 PM
We already have one white guy who wears a doo rag. Pass

jerseyboiler120
02-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Ed Reed would be a great addition IMHO. As for Collie, I see as many pros as cons to it, and would be fine either way.

BroncoBuff
02-17-2013, 08:20 AM
Nothing you say about Collie is going to change my mind here. The number 4 WR HAS to be able to play ST or he has no value to us just like Caldwell. I don't see Collie becoming a gunner anytime soon man.

Good point, that's the kind of practical roster reality few of us think about.

But I don't think it's carved in stone ... depends on your roster. You keep 9 DBs with several ST guys, might not be necessary. Example, I'm hoping Trindon Holliday is the #5 WR or better this season. He's not a gunner, but he does play on return teams.

BroncoBuff
02-17-2013, 08:22 AM
Ed Reed would be a great addition IMHO. As for Collie, I see as many pros as cons to it, and would be fine either way.

I'm for all of the vets ... Woodson or Reed and definitely Freeney. He's Neil Smith all over again.

Collie, whatever ... Manning and the doctors will make the right decision.

CEH
02-17-2013, 08:42 AM
I'm for all of the vets ... Woodson or Reed and definitely Freeney. He's Neil Smith all over again.

Collie, whatever ... Manning and the doctors will make the right decision.

I'm intrigued by Freeney. He should be a 4-3 DE not a 3-4 rush end or whatever he tried to play last year

Money is the language of the NFL so not sure what language he's speaking now a days.

I think Denver will look to add one nice FA after franchising Clady

Is that guy Welker, Woodson, Freeney.

eddie mac
02-17-2013, 10:41 AM
I'd take Jackson in a heartbeat over McGahee and Moreno. He's 2 years younger than McGahee, doesn't have fumbling issues and has never run behind a line that wont be facing 7-8 in the box.

Bmore Manning
02-17-2013, 12:52 PM
I'd take Jackson in a heartbeat over McGahee and Moreno. He's 2 years younger than McGahee, doesn't have fumbling issues and has never run behind a line that wont be facing 7-8 in the box.

I would cut them both and sign him. Draft a middle to late round back and call the position upgraded. There are some good RBs to be had later..

CEH
02-17-2013, 02:23 PM
I would cut them both and sign him. Draft a middle to late round back and call the position upgraded. There are some good RBs to be had later..

I'd redo Willis's contract or let him walk, sign Jackson and draft Lattimore and let him sit

In '13 you would have MaGahee, Hillman, Moreno and Jackson. Come '14 you see where Lattimore is

Ronnie Hillmand has 100 all purpose yards. He will get a lot more touches in '13 after realizing what is expected of him in '12 and will run with more elusiveness after protecting the ball so much in '12

Bmore Manning
02-17-2013, 02:31 PM
I'd redo Willis's contract or let him walk, sign Jackson and draft Lattimore and let him sit

In '13 you would have MaGahee, Hillman, Moreno and Jackson. Come '14 you see where Lattimore is

Ronnie Hillmand has 100 all purpose yards. He will get a lot more touches in '13 after realizing what is expected of him in '12 and will run with more elusiveness after protecting the ball so much in '12

When I watch Hillman, I seriously see a player with Jamaal Charles homerun capability. Whether he will elevate his talents or not is TBD. But getting Lattimore would be great. He expects to play next year too. I wouldn't keep McGahee and Moreno both on the roster if you add Jackson. In your scenario I would cut one if not both.. They both have a $3 million cap hit if what I read about Moreno is correct..

SlyEli
02-17-2013, 03:23 PM
I'd like to add Reed, or Woodson. Not really sure which one I'd want more. I think the emergence of Hillman next season will be enough at the rb position combined with McGahee and Moreno. I'd like to see a Welker signing, I think that would be huge for a manning offense.

A safety on the downside of his career and a good receiver is within our spending capabilities. And I think DT and RB can be built through the draft.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-17-2013, 03:25 PM
If Doctors clear Collie and the Broncos get him at a minimum, its classic low risk/high reward. Almost zero risk/high reward.

Bmore Manning
02-17-2013, 03:41 PM
If Doctors clear Collie and the Broncos get him at a minimum, its classic low risk/high reward. Almost zero risk/high reward.

This is what I have advocated for quiet sometime.. Many don't like Collie because of his injury history. But our own Brandon Stokely has suffered 10 concussions of his own. Collie just recently said he would like to return.. I hope it's as a Bronco and not a Patriot or elsewhere. Collie has so much talent and upside. I see no reason not to offer him a vet minimum or incentive laden contract..

BroncoBuff
02-17-2013, 05:22 PM
I think the emergence of Hillman next season will be enough at the rb position combined with McGahee and Moreno.

I've been thinking the same thing, but everybody and their dog is so hot for a running back ... don't get it. This is especially true if the Knowshon maturity is for real.

McGahee is one of the most underrated players in the league. He missed just 8 games in his career before the six he lost this year, and he topped 1000 (990 once) every year but the three he shared with Ray Rice in Baltimore. The guy averaged 4.8 in 2011 despite playing in the league's most one-dimensional offense. He's a first-class/Pro-Bowl caliber feature back, always has been.

Counting on McGahee makes sense with the Manning timeframe ... it's the same thing as signing Ed Reed or Dwight Freeney. Time to make a run or two, you need a few Neil Smiths, Tony Jones, Ray Crocketts.

broncogary
02-17-2013, 05:29 PM
When I watch Hillman, I seriously see a player with Jamaal Charles homerun capability. Whether he will elevate his talents or not is TBD. But getting Lattimore would be great. He expects to play next year too. I wouldn't keep McGahee and Moreno both on the roster if you add Jackson. In your scenario I would cut one if not both.. They both have a $3 million cap hit if what I read about Moreno is correct..

Hillman is fast, but he can't change direction nearly as quickly as Charles.

extralife
02-17-2013, 05:36 PM
When I watch Hillman, I seriously see a player with Jamaal Charles homerun capability.

I don't know what the hell games you're watching

but I'm just going to come in here and say Ahmad Bradshaw again. banging that drum until something happens.

SlyEli
02-17-2013, 05:45 PM

but I'm just going to come in here and say Ahmad Bradshaw again. banging that drum until something happens.

Agree, if he can be had for a decent price. He would be a great addition, and he could stay healthier because the broncos would not ride him as much as the giants did. Also, Hillman at this point has not shown much of the make-em-miss elusiveness that makes charles great. He has the speed but the rest of his game is a long way away

CEH
02-17-2013, 06:09 PM

And what did Charles do his rookie year to say that Jamaall Charles
is Jamaal Charles of today

SlyEli
02-17-2013, 06:12 PM
And what did Charles do his rookie year to say that Jamaall Charles
is Jamaal Charles of today

Charles' ypc as rookie: 5.3

Hillman's ypc as rookie: 3.9

Bmore Manning
02-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Hillman is fast, but he can't change direction nearly as quickly as Charles.

Not quiet, but the fact that he can't keep his feet when doing so is more of the problem in my opinion. But he's plenty quick enough to break the long one..

Bmore Manning
02-17-2013, 06:44 PM
What the hell are some of you talking about. As a huge NFL fan I have watched more than 2 games a season of Charles and watched every game of Hillman. If you actually WATCH Charles, he gets North to South quick and is very decisive. It's his one cut and go ability that makes him so dynamic. He runs with a one cut and go power style, even though he's not big. Yeah he is shifty and can change direction, but let's not get it twisted and act like he is Reggie Bush who is more of an East to West runner.

Chris Johnson was and is at his best when running in a power scheme and going North to South, just like Charles. I guess CJ2K was successful for being an East to West runner too?

SlyEli
02-17-2013, 07:13 PM
What the hell are some of you talking about. As a huge NFL fan I have watched more than 2 games a season of Charles and watched every game of Hillman. If you actually WATCH Charles, he gets North to South quick and is very decisive. It's his one cut and go ability that makes him so dynamic. He runs with a one cut and go power style, even though he's not big. Yeah he is shifty and can change direction, but let's not get it twisted and act like he is Reggie Bush who is more of an East to West runner.

Chris Johnson was and is at his best when running in a power scheme and going North to South, just like Charles. I guess CJ2K was successful for being an East to West runner too?

What makes charles good is his hip fluidity, which I haven't seen from hillman. When charles runs his upper body kinda stays in the same place while his lower legs are shifting directions. This is what makes him such an elusive runner. Speed and balance are not everything.

rmsanger
02-17-2013, 07:23 PM

pass. None are needed!

Bmore Manning
02-17-2013, 07:23 PM
What makes charles good is his hip fluidity, which I haven't seen from hillman. When charles runs his upper body kinda stays in the same place while his lower legs are shifting directions. This is what makes him such an elusive runner. Speed and balance are not everything.

Thats correct, Charles can get small and twitch without compromising his ability to get North and South. But he doesn't dance. You haven't seen Hillman do that because he doesn't keep his feet. I don't think he will ever have those fluid hips as you put it of Charles. But, Hillman attempts to get North to South and you can tell he just wants to make slight twitches to break away but he loses his feet. He thinks to much when he runs, instead of just flowing.

SlyEli
02-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Thats correct, Charles can get small and twitch without compromising his ability to get North and South. But he doesn't dance. You haven't seen Hillman do that because he doesn't keep his feet. I don't think he will ever have those fluid hips as you put it of Charles. But, Hillman attempts to get North to South and you can tell he just wants to make slight twitches to break away but he loses his feet. He thinks to much when he runs, instead of just flowing.

I agree, he was thinking way too much last season. I haven't seen any of the twitch elusiveness yet. Hopefully he shows it next year, I'm pulling for the little guy.

Bmore Manning
02-17-2013, 07:49 PM
I agree, he was thinking way too much last season. I haven't seen any of the twitch elusiveness yet. Hopefully he shows it next year, I'm pulling for the little guy.

He tries but he loses his feet. I think after the fumble when he was benched. When he played in the playoffs, I saw a kid who just focused on two hands on the ball. He's not mentally there yet. No one better than Peyton to help coach him up. He needs to mentally grasp the game then the sky's the limit for the kid. I see serious upside and potential. I think he's trying too hard.

CEH
02-18-2013, 02:24 AM
Charles' ypc as rookie: 5.3

Hillman's ypc as rookie: 3.9

OK someone more your liking if you want to look at only ypc

How about CJ Spiller's rookie year? Another bust his rookie year?
Fact is these rooks did flash and got better each year after
Add in the fact he was the youngest player in the NFL last year and I have high hopes for Hillman this year

In the BALT game the kid has 100 all purpose yards and was running with two hands on the football. Next year he's be more himself, set up his blocks and running with his elusiveness

I expect 150+ touches

Bacchus
02-18-2013, 05:32 AM
OK someone more your liking if you want to look at only ypc

How about CJ Spiller's rookie year? Another bust his rookie year?
Fact is these rooks did flash and got better each year after
Add in the fact he was the youngest player in the NFL last year and I have high hopes for Hillman this year

In the BALT game the kid has 100 all purpose yards and was running with two hands on the football. Next year he's be more himself, set up his blocks and running with his elusiveness

I expect 150+ touches

All that is fine and dandy but their is nothing I take from last year that says Hillman will be anything but a 2nd string RB. That is why Denver will once again draft a RB this year.

CEH
02-18-2013, 08:10 AM
All that is fine and dandy but their is nothing I take from last year that says Hillman will be anything but a 2nd string RB. That is why Denver will once again draft a RB this year.

Hillman was a shoelace away on several runs last year. When you are outrunning guys in college the natural instinct is try and do that in the pros. He will learn he can't just out run players and will set up his blocks better this year

I assume you concluded Denver will draft a RB early because of the 2nd string caliber of Hillman

I'd argue Denver may draft a RB but to be more the power back. The guy to get the 3rd and 1 in the playoffs and it has nothing to do with Hillman

Bacchus
02-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Hillman was a shoelace away on several runs last year. When you are outrunning guys in college the natural instinct is try and do that in the pros. He will learn he can't just out run players and will set up his blocks better this year

I assume you concluded Denver will draft a RB early because of the 2nd string caliber of Hillman

I'd argue Denver may draft a RB but to be more the power back. The guy to get the 3rd and 1 in the playoffs and it has nothing to do with Hillman

It'll be a power back to get the tough yards on first second and third down. They are looking for a starter that can run between the tackles afterall Denver runs between the tackles more than most teams since they run the shotgun draw.

broncogary
02-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Not quiet, but the fact that he can't keep his feet when doing so is more of the problem in my opinion. But he's plenty quick enough to break the long one..

Wouldn't you think "better ability to change directions without falling on your face" would be implicit in the term "change directions."

The change of direction isn't going from running to falling on your face.

Broncojef
02-18-2013, 05:26 PM
It'll be a power back to get the tough yards on first second and third down. They are looking for a starter that can run between the tackles afterall Denver runs between the tackles more than most teams since they run the shotgun draw.

Whoever it is I hope they are durable. When we needed Moreno and McGahee the most during the Ravens game they were again sidelined and we depended on Hillman and Hester. Instead of putting the game in Manning's hands we saw way too much of Hester for my liking.

eddie mac
02-18-2013, 06:37 PM
I've been thinking the same thing, but everybody and their dog is so hot for a running back ... don't get it. This is especially true if the Knowshon maturity is for real.

McGahee is one of the most underrated players in the league. He missed just 8 games in his career before the six he lost this year, and he topped 1000 (990 once) every year but the three he shared with Ray Rice in Baltimore. The guy averaged 4.8 in 2011 despite playing in the league's most one-dimensional offense. He's a first-class/Pro-Bowl caliber feature back, always has been.

Counting on McGahee makes sense with the Manning timeframe ... it's the same thing as signing Ed Reed or Dwight Freeney. Time to make a run or two, you need a few Neil Smiths, Tony Jones, Ray Crocketts.

McGahee dropped the rock 5 bloody times last year in only 10 games, that's one fumble in every 2 games. If he was on another team he'd be getting his walking papers this week.