PDA

View Full Version : HS Goalie scores on own team, flips off coaches

Smilin Assassin
02-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Epic

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tgjXIBLEQYw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Smilin Assassin
02-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Here's the story behind it.

http://deadspin.com/5983913/?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

spdirty
02-13-2013, 06:39 PM
That's funny. But if it were my kid, there'd be hell to pay.

KipCorrington25
02-13-2013, 06:45 PM
The Rahim Moore of hockey.

enjolras
02-13-2013, 07:13 PM
This quote made the article worth it:

Garrett Paulzine, the Chaska senior credited with the tying goal because he was the last to touch it, called it the goal of the year and dubbed himself a sniper.

That kid's going places.. I promise you.

enjolras
02-13-2013, 07:15 PM

He's a senior in high school..basically a full grown adult. Not sure what you can do really.

RedskinBronco
02-13-2013, 08:00 PM
lol what a jackass

RhymesayersDU
02-13-2013, 08:12 PM
Pretty funny. Kid has some balls.

Goobzilla
02-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Not sure if awesome or pure jackassery. Sounds like he had a rough year

spdirty
02-13-2013, 08:50 PM

Lestat
02-13-2013, 08:53 PM
now that is how you spectacularly quit a team.

Lestat
02-13-2013, 08:55 PM
He's a senior in high school..basically a full grown adult. Not sure what you can do really.

i know of some people who are near 30 and their parents still beat their ass for doing stupid ****. when you have really old fashioned parents it doesn't matter how old you're. you're still their child.

brncs_fan
02-13-2013, 09:45 PM
From the sounds of things it looks like everyone involved (coaches, parents, players) all handled it very poorly.

Rabb
02-13-2013, 09:47 PM
I wonder if anyone thinks it's funny, but would look at it differently if it were their kid. Hell to pay perhaps.

BMarsh615
02-14-2013, 02:58 AM
Kid has no character.

FYP

canadianbroncosfan
02-14-2013, 04:17 AM
Dear potential college,

I swear I'm really mature and handle goal-tending controversies really well. Please consider me to play for your school.

Sincerely,

Austin Krause
(P.S. Maybe don't 'Google' me)

canadianbroncosfan
02-14-2013, 04:18 AM
Enjoy beer league kid.

ol#7
02-14-2013, 06:35 AM
The funny part is, the kid bashes on the Sophomore goalie, but he had the worst save percentage of the three.

Sometimes people overestimate how good they are.

He let it go to his head, and took it out in a way he is sure to regret for years to come.

Ray Finkle
02-14-2013, 06:54 AM
and with the 1st pick of the 2013 draft, the Pens select....

and Socal begins the crush....

Kaylore
02-14-2013, 07:27 AM
It was a balsy move. It was also a classless one. The only thing I would take away from this as a coach is a lesson in managing egos. And sometimes its obviously better to cut someone than keep a bruised ego on your bench.

RhymesayersDU
02-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Dear potential college,

I swear I'm really mature and handle goal-tending controversies really well. Please consider me to play for your school.

Sincerely,

Austin Krause
(P.S. Maybe don't 'Google' me)

Right. He's not getting into college now. Uh huh. Yeah.

RhymesayersDU
02-14-2013, 08:06 AM
Enjoy beer league kid.

Right. Because he was totally going to be in the NHL before this incident.

It's high school sports people. This won't matter a month or even a week from now.

Goobzilla
02-14-2013, 08:08 AM
Sounds like Minnesota HS hockey makes Texas Cheerleading and Toddler beauty pageants seem elegant by comparison.

t-diddy
02-14-2013, 09:06 AM
That is going out "Costanza Style"...

RhymesayersDU
02-14-2013, 09:26 AM
That is going out "Costanza Style"...

Except Costanza never got fired!

Requiem
02-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Reminds me of the time when I was playing soccer in the city league championship game and our coach puts a girl in towards the end of the match and she kicks it in our own net a few minutes before the end of the game and we lose. FAIL.

broncocalijohn
02-14-2013, 10:09 AM
This quote made the article worth it:

Quote:
Garrett Paulzine, the Chaska senior credited with the tying goal because he was the last to touch it, called it the goal of the year and dubbed himself a sniper.

That kid's going places.. I promise you

With that smartass quote, Garrett sounds like a perfect candidate for poster of the year at the OrangeMane.

Bring him in. He will run up 2k pos reps in a year.

I can't believe some of the other players were cool with it. He didn't just let down most of his team but his school too.

Pony Boy
02-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Tebow should have taken his last snap, raced backwards to his own end zone and then return to midfield to “Tebow” before the fans, then casually pitch the ball to Rex and return to the locker room.

broncocalijohn
02-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Reminds me of the time when I was playing soccer in the city league championship game and our coach puts a girl in towards the end of the match and she kicks it in our own net a few minutes before the end of the game and we lose. FAIL.

If you were on a team with girls, I can guarantee you that it really wasn't the city championships unless you lived in a town in ND of 350.

Co-Ed? Hilarious! That is rec league. My kids played it at 5 and 6 years of age until I realized no one should be scoring 14 goals in 7 games and be younger than half the team. Onto bettter competition.

Pony Boy
02-14-2013, 10:16 AM

Well that explains a lot .............:rofl:

Pick Six
02-14-2013, 10:20 AM
The kid has a lot of growing up to do, as he has no respect for authority. It can happen, though. I've seen some immature posters grow up, right here on the Orangemane...

DomCasual
02-14-2013, 10:25 AM

24champ
02-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Heard this story will be the basis of Mighty Ducks 4, Gordon Bombay vs goalie.

Tombstone RJ
02-14-2013, 10:32 AM
from the outside, it looks childish and immature. Until you are on the team, either as a player or as a coach, it's really hard to know what exactly took place. I've been on teams where incredibly bad coaching decisions ruined the season. I've also been on teams where there were some incredibly selfish players. Who knows what the heck happened here but I'm pretty sure that the coaching staff needs to look at themselves in the mirror. JMHO of course.

RaiderH8r
02-14-2013, 11:14 AM

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/293069/Al%20Bundy.jpg

Smilin Assassin
02-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Right. Because he was totally going to be in the NHL before this incident.

It's high school sports people. This won't matter a month or even a week from now.

Except for getting laid in HS.

You think being the superstar jock is a chick magnet? Go viral by making a statement like this.

Sounds like he wasn't a very good goalie to begin with, so why not have that 15 mins of fame now. It's not like he threw away a scholarship to Mich/Maine/etc.

Requiem
02-14-2013, 11:53 AM
If you were on a team with girls, I can guarantee you that it really wasn't the city championships unless you lived in a town in ND of 350.

Co-Ed? Hilarious! That is rec league. My kids played it at 5 and 6 years of age until I realized no one should be scoring 14 goals in 7 games and be younger than half the team. Onto bettter competition.

It was the championship match for the 10 team youth co-ed league we had in my town. I grew up in a small town. It was the championship game. *shrug* I was about 10 or 11 at the time. Just blew my mind that a girl kicked it into our own net. I remember never talking to her the rest of my life and having teammates who made her high school experience heck because of that. Some of us never got over it. I coulda been the next RonaldooOOoo!

spdirty
02-14-2013, 12:10 PM

If he were my son I'd make him feel about 2 feet tall without laying a hand on him. Yes, some parents still have that ability.

Beantown Bronco
02-14-2013, 12:19 PM
If he were my son I'd make him feel about 2 feet tall without laying a hand on him. Yes, some parents still have that ability.

Kind of like how you felt after your dad convinced you that his 45 year old girlfriend somehow made the Broncos cheerleading squad a few years back?

FantomForce
02-14-2013, 12:26 PM

I agree with spdirty, couple of observations. 1. If there was hell to pay earlier in this kids life he wouldn't have acted like this, parenting fail first off. 2. I'm 35 if my old man saw me do this now he'd still kick my ass and be justified in doing so

spdirty
02-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Kind of like how you felt after your dad convinced you that his 45 year old girlfriend somehow made the Broncos cheerleading squad a few years back?

No not like that...because she had him convinced...but a look combined with some sharp words and it wouldn't be too hard to make him feel like he was lower than whale poop.

RaiderH8r
02-14-2013, 01:49 PM
The fact his team mates gave him the go ahead tells me that there is likely some justification for his action. Specifically that his coach is a jack ass.

Beantown Bronco
02-14-2013, 01:58 PM
The fact his team mates gave him the go ahead tells me that there is likely some justification for his action. Specifically that his coach is a jack ass.

According to him. I'll wait to hear someone else's side of the story on that one. Could've been one of his friends on the team who he was joking around with before the game and speaking hypothetically and the friend could've said, "yeah, sure, that'd be funny, etc". 99% of the team could've been against it for all we know.

canadianbroncosfan
02-15-2013, 12:18 AM
Right. He's not getting into college now. Uh huh. Yeah.

I don't think I implied he won't get into college, but whether or not he plays college hockey is something else.

colorado jones
02-15-2013, 06:53 AM
Except Costanza never got fired!

Constanza was fired for sleeping with the cleaning lady on his desk.

RhymesayersDU
02-15-2013, 08:46 AM
I don't think I implied he won't get into college, but whether or not he plays college hockey is something else.

Fair point, but how many college athletes do you know who couldn't start on their high school team as a senior? I just assumed the next level was never going to happen either way.

RhymesayersDU
02-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Constanza was fired for sleeping with the cleaning lady on his desk.

Yeah but I thought you were referencing him when he was actively trying to get fired from the Yankees, and no matter what he did he couldn't get fired.

errand
02-15-2013, 01:55 PM
all he did was confirm the coaches chose the team player over a me first player.....****ing dumbass.

bronco militia
02-15-2013, 02:21 PM
what a pussy

Requiem
02-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Fair point, but how many college athletes do you know who couldn't start on their high school team as a senior? I just assumed the next level was never going to happen either way.

Yeah, it likely wasn't going to happen. There team isn't that good anyways and if any scout for any school was in the stands watching him play, they ain't gonna even consider him after what they did. Way better players in Minnesota. Hockey is religion for a lot of those kids.

kupesdad
02-15-2013, 03:09 PM
i know of some people who are near 30 and their parents still beat their ass for doing stupid ****. when you have really old fashioned parents it doesn't matter how old you're. you're still their child.

My son is thirty and he played goalie.... If he did that... I would....... I would........... I would............................... Oh never mind.

kupesdad
02-15-2013, 03:19 PM
It was a balsy move. It was also a classless one. The only thing I would take away from this as a coach is a lesson in managing egos. And sometimes its obviously better to cut someone than keep a bruised ego on your bench.

It sounds like the coach wasn't well thought of if some of the players already knew that it might happen and it wasn't conveyed to the coach or coaches. To me it sounds like he had already lost control of his team.

broncocalijohn
02-17-2013, 07:09 PM
My son is thirty and he played goalie.... If he did that... I would....... I would........... I would............................... Oh never mind.

take away his playbook?