PDA

View Full Version : 350 Lb. Running Back to play for Hawaii

TDmvp
02-13-2013, 03:57 AM
Talk about rumblin bumblin stumblin. Hilarious!

http://www.inquisitr.com/521735/350-lb-running-back-david-fangupo-will-play-for-hawaii-video/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qxrTIU7VbyM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Agamemnon
02-13-2013, 05:30 AM
I didn't see much "stumblin". Dude is pretty damn fast for his size actually. Can you imagine trying to tackle that?

brncs_fan
02-13-2013, 06:23 AM
That gives a whole new meaning to "holding on for dear life and waiting for the cavalry."

srphoenix
02-13-2013, 06:23 AM
granted that's fast against other high schoolers, but yeah if anything it shows how much of a stud oline or dline guy he could become.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-13-2013, 06:43 AM
Reminds me of watching Jason Peters catching touchdowns as a tight end at Arkansas. Looked funny because he was the biggest guy out there by far.

Agamemnon
02-13-2013, 06:47 AM
granted that's fast against other high schoolers, but yeah if anything it shows how much of a stud oline or dline guy he could become.

I'd definitely convert him to DT (if he isn't one already).

Cosmo
02-13-2013, 07:08 AM
He probably lacks a ton of upper body strength to play at any line right now. His lower body strength is probably pretty awesome. Have him lose weight before evaluating what he can do. A 280 lb TE that could run would be pretty awesome.

Agamemnon
02-13-2013, 07:16 AM
He probably lacks a ton of upper body strength to play at any line right now. His lower body strength is probably pretty awesome. Have him lose weight before evaluating what he can do. A 280 lb TE that could run would be pretty awesome.

Not sure why you are assuming he lacks upper body strength. I mean you might be right, but you aren't basing it on anything. For all you know the kid can bench 500 pounds.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Ironhead's back!

Jason in LA
02-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Like it was said before, move him to DT. He probably played it while in high school. Usually the best players don't come off the field at that level, unless a team is extremely deep.

cmhargrove
02-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Like it was said before, move him to DT. He probably played it while in high school. Usually the best players don't come off the field at that level, unless a team is extremely deep.

Yep, he can thank his lucky stars that he probably didn't come up against a lot of large linebackers in high school. In college, he would get submarined pretty quickly if he didn't chop his feet well. A 350 lb running back with toasted ankles/knees wouldn't be much of a commodity.

The high school highlights are really fun, but the "money spots" for this kid are in the trenches.

Smilin Assassin
02-13-2013, 11:18 AM
To hell with moving him.

Leave him at rb. Sure, he won't break away from defenders like he is in HS, but damn....he'll move the chains.

razorwire77
02-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Amazing athlete in space for his size. He reminds me of watching Alan Branch (Seahawks DT) in high school. Just defies physics when a big kid is that agile.

A Hawaii fan on another board mentioned that he can also dunk a basketball two handed at 6'2" 300 + pounds. Pretty damn impressive.

That being said, no way in hell this kid will make it as a feature RB at the D1 level. Look at how slow his reaction is off of the snap and how upright he runs. Maybe he could be a goaline/situational back, but my guess is they stick him on the D-line, where he has a chance to be a really good 4-3 DT, He's not running over 208 pound DE's and 195 pound Mikes in college. A decent FBS 245 pound LB with a 5-7 yard running start would blow up his knees off of the snap.

Lestat
02-13-2013, 05:25 PM
he'd end up as a lineman for sure if i was the coach. probably DT.

pricejj
02-13-2013, 07:15 PM
They don't teach how to tackle in Hawaii do they?

loborugger
02-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Geez - it's not fair when the biggest guy on the field is also the fastest.

That One Guy
02-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Amazing athlete in space for his size. He reminds me of watching Alan Branch (Seahawks DT) in high school. Just defies physics when a big kid is that agile.

A Hawaii fan on another board mentioned that he can also dunk a basketball two handed at 6'2" 300 + pounds. Pretty damn impressive.

That being said, no way in hell this kid will make it as a feature RB at the D1 level. Look at how slow his reaction is off of the snap and how upright he runs. Maybe he could be a goaline/situational back, but my guess is they stick him on the D-line, where he has a chance to be a really good 4-3 DT, He's not running over 208 pound DE's and 195 pound Mikes in college. A decent FBS 245 pound LB with a 5-7 yard running start would blow up his knees off of the snap.

I was wondering about the 350 lb claim. Looks a solid 3 but I don't know about 3 1/2.

broncswin
02-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Hell of a fullback...turn some of that flubber into muscle through college conditioning and strength training

canadianbroncosfan
02-14-2013, 04:28 AM
They don't teach how to tackle in Hawaii do they?

Funny watching the video, and I was more unimpressed with the defenses than I was impressed with this kid.

That being said, I say bring him in for a look. He could bust off 2k in our system.

Bigdawg26
02-14-2013, 10:18 AM
His knees will be torn up if he tries that in college.