PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical question would you trade a 2nd round pick & Eric Decker for Percy Harvin?

KevinJames
02-11-2013, 03:21 AM
This is purely a hypothetical question, the Vikings are looking to move Harvin, would you do it?

Would you trade a 2nd round pick + Eric Decker for Percy Harvin if you knew the Vikings would be willing to do it?

extralife
02-11-2013, 03:30 AM
No no no and no.

Decker is a good player, is cheap for another year or two, and has rapport with Mannining. And by all accounts Harvin is a bit of a nutjob. You're going to give up a second, a good player, and piss off Peyton for the opportunity to give Harvin 9 million a year? And we wouldn't even use him as a returner either.

BowlenBall
02-11-2013, 03:37 AM
Harvin has called out two different head coaches publicly in the last three years, and has missed multiple games every season with migraine headaches.

Decker and a 1st? Yes. (would then have a shot at Keenan Allen or Robert Woods)
Decker and a 2nd? No.

Bmore Manning
02-11-2013, 03:40 AM
"Speculation" is that it will take probably a second and fourth to get the deal done. But.. there could in fact be a bidding war for his services. It could present a challenge to trade for Harvin and give him a contract extension and then pay Decker next year and Thomas the following.

But given how often we ran three wide receiver sets, I would try to make this happen and keep all three. It just would mean more young players on defense and in other positions. Maybe we could offer next years first (32) and Tony Carter..Carter's Value is high right now, we should take advantage of that inflated value. They need secondary help too.

TDmvp
02-11-2013, 03:53 AM
F no even ...

DBroncos4life
02-11-2013, 05:29 AM
Harvin has been thrown at 409 in 4 years and has only 20 TDs. Decker has been thrown at 226 times and has 22 TDs. That is kind of a sad stat when Decker has played pretty much two less years then Harvin due to the fact that Decker had just 8 targets his rookie season.

I like Harvin too, just don't think Decker is worth losing over him with the WR's this draft has.

Ray Finkle
02-11-2013, 05:42 AM
If we were dumb enough to make this trade, it better have more than Harvin coming back for Decker.

Harvin has migraine issues, cannot stay healthy, and has an attitude that would rival BM's.....yeah, let's trade a cheap, controllable WR for that.

TonyR
02-11-2013, 06:28 AM
Harvin has called out two different head coaches publicly in the last three years, and has missed multiple games every season with migraine headaches.

Decker and a 1st? Yes. (would then have a shot at Keenan Allen or Robert Woods)
Decker and a 2nd? No.

^ I think you might be a bit confused...

ColoradoDarin
02-11-2013, 06:31 AM
Decker and a 7th for Harvin and AP...

socalorado
02-11-2013, 06:31 AM
This is purely a hypothetical question, the Vikings are looking to move Harvin, would you do it?

Would you trade a 2nd round pick + Eric Decker for Percy Harvin if you knew the Vikings would be willing to do it?

No, no and no.

CEH
02-11-2013, 06:40 AM
I may trade our 2nd if we got back a 6th but at this point you should not give up picks and a starter for Harvin. Harvin is a very good speciality player maybe the best in the league but you add him to the roster without taking away from the roster

eddie mac
02-11-2013, 06:45 AM
**** NO!!!

I wouldn't even trade Decker straight up for the dwarf.

Requiem
02-11-2013, 06:46 AM
Harvin is more than a "specialty" player. I would like him on the team -- but this trade is not worth it. Not even close.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-11-2013, 07:07 AM
If you have Harvin return kicks, Holliday becomes worthless. If Harvin doesn't return kicks, you're not maximizing his skill set. Add in that Denver doesn't need to be trading for a WR, and it's not a good fit. That's before even getting to the idea that Denver should make Decker the centerpiece in the trade.

loborugger
02-11-2013, 07:17 AM
27 votes and it's 100 percent for 'No.' Who says there is no unity in America?

ward63
02-11-2013, 07:23 AM
Where is the f-ING he*l no option?

Kaylore
02-11-2013, 07:45 AM
I would trade Eric Decker and a sixth round pick for Jared Allen, Adrian Peterson and their first round pick.

This trade brought to you by TheDave's school of OM trades.

Mountain Bronco
02-11-2013, 07:51 AM
I wouldn't trade Decker straight up for Harvin. I would love to have him on the team though.

Ray Finkle
02-11-2013, 08:08 AM
I would trade Eric Decker and a sixth round pick for Jared Allen, Adrian Peterson and their first round pick.

This trade brought to you by TheDave's school of OM trades.

TheDave, OM's favorite lopsided traded/Yeti humper...

cutthemdown
02-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Not Decker and a 2nd, I love Harvin but that trade doesn't seem to be that good.

cutthemdown
02-11-2013, 08:21 AM
I'd trade a 2nd round pick for Harvin though. Go Decker and DT outside and Harvin running all over the ****ing place. In the backfield, in the slot, bunched together with DT and Decker. It would be a nightmare for defenses no doubt about it.

cmhargrove
02-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Wow, just can't understand the Harvin love - especially at that price. Decker is a model citizen and a team player - definitely a cog in the Peyton Manning machine. He also plays hurt, unlike Harvin and his migraine issues.

If you are going to sell out, then address our weaker component of the offense - the run game. We have game changing receivers already (although we can alway upgrade), but we don't have a game changer at running back. Opposing teams don't have to devote many resources to stopping our run game. In order to win a Superbowl, we will need to find a true backfield threat (or tandem).

Archer81
02-11-2013, 08:46 AM
http://tinyurl.com/agpbr6s

:Broncos:

Mediator12
02-11-2013, 08:56 AM
No, and Hell no.

As many have pointed out, Decker is a cheaper productive WR. The other thing is this draft is absolutely LOADED at Slot WR. Draft a young guy or 2 in this draft in the fifth or seventh. Heck, Austin Collie was a fifth rounder who Manning turned into FF machine before his Head isues. Garcon was a Fifth rounder too. WR's are plentiful in this draft, FA WR's are going to have a real hard time getting paid this offseason IMHO.

Tim
02-11-2013, 09:26 AM
I voted yes, harvin is a versital threat and decker is soft. Denver is good to blow at least one 2nd round pick a year anyway

Crushaholic
02-11-2013, 10:13 AM
I wanted Harvin to be the return man. Now, we have Holliday, and Harvin is no longer needed...

BroncoBuff
02-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Short answer, no. Long answer, nooooooooo.

Mogulseeker
02-11-2013, 12:04 PM
I'd give up a 3rd for Harvin and keep Decker... that's about it.

So no.

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2013, 12:05 PM
I'd love for the Broncos to get PH but not at that price. As others have stated, Holliday is filling the STs role already. Now, PH can be used in the offense for sure, but is he worth much in a trade?

I wouldn't trade Decker straight up for Harvin, let alone trade Decker and a pick.

BroncoBuff
02-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Who cares about Harvin's return skills?

Holliday is the man ... if it weren't for him, we'd have lost in regulation :(

BroncoBuff
02-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Hey I know ... let's trade Rahim Moore for Earl Thomas.

Bacchus
02-11-2013, 01:13 PM

You need to start a poll and see where it leads. It is bound to be comical.

BroncoBuff
02-11-2013, 01:22 PM
You need to start a poll and see where it leads. It is bound to be comical.

Would you like to have a good cry?

The pick Seattle used on Earl Thomas was our pick. We gave it up to draft ... gulp ... Alphonso Smith.

There there ... there there ....

cmhargrove
02-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Who cares about Harvin's return skills?

Holliday is the man ... if it weren't for him, we'd have lost in regulation :(

On a side note, I think that one of my first tests for the "brilliance" of Adam Gase is to see if/how he incorporates Holliday into the offensive gameplan. That dude is such a mismatch, I was very surprised we didn't at least try some way to work him in for a downfield opportunity (other than the split back setup). If he can catch kicks, he can certainly catch a Manning pass.

gunns
02-11-2013, 01:43 PM
I don't think I've ever been so proud of my fellow Omaners. It brings a tear to my eye.

DBroncos4life
02-11-2013, 02:16 PM
I like how the guy who has played all 16 games twice in his NFL career out of three seasons is soft, yet the guy who is 0 for 4 is not.

DBroncos4life
02-11-2013, 02:29 PM
I like how the guy who has played all 16 games twice in his NFL career out of three seasons is soft, yet the guy who is 0 for 4 is not.

DENVERDUI55
02-11-2013, 02:55 PM
I say upgrade it to a 1st and maybe they would throw in AP or Allen.

KevinJames
02-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Thank you this poll sure helped shut my homie up Hilarious!

cutthemdown
02-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Harvin on the block though and he is super talented. He could have played more last yr they put him on injured reserve because he talks back to the coaches.

Not sure Broncos will be looking for risky moves like Harvin. Besides I think Broncos happy with the starting WR and would be more likely to look for rbs and te to help Manning.

Bacchus
02-11-2013, 05:17 PM
On a side note, I think that one of my first tests for the "brilliance" of Adam Gase is to see if/how he incorporates Holliday into the offensive gameplan. That dude is such a mismatch, I was very surprised we didn't at least try some way to work him in for a downfield opportunity (other than the split back setup). If he can catch kicks, he can certainly catch a Manning pass.

Maybe, but he weighs 155 lbs. He is not going to be able to take much punishment.

Bacchus
02-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Would you like to have a good cry?

The pick Seattle used on Earl Thomas was our pick. We gave it up to draft ... gulp ... Alphonso Smith.

There there ... there there ....

Yeah, I know. Trade a first round pick for a second round player. Than trade said player to Detroit for a back-up TE. Brilliance I tell ya!! :rofl:

DBroncos4life
02-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Vikings | Middle-round pick for Percy Harvin?
Tue, 12 Feb 2013 18:09:19 -0800

A pair of NFL executives speaking about a potential trade of Minnesota Vikings WR Percy Harvin said Tuesday, Feb. 12, they would be shocked if the team were able to land anything better than a third-round pick in the NFL Draft.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2Kk7mqOgG

broncosteven
02-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Why trade anything?

If we are that desperate for a Speed WR who is a head case why not throw a ton of money at Mike Wallace? He is a FA and the Steelers are in a real Cap bind. NFL Live said today that they are going to be hard pressed to resign Wallace.

TDmvp
02-12-2013, 07:52 PM
I voted yes, harvin is a versital threat and decker is soft. Denver is good to blow at least one 2nd round pick a year anyway

And for our next point of discussion , don't do drugs.

McDman
02-12-2013, 08:01 PM
I find it funny people saying they wouldn't want Harvin. He is one of a handfull of players that literally every team in the NFL would want. I would give up a second for him in a heart beat.

NFLBRONCO
02-12-2013, 08:19 PM
I find it funny people saying they wouldn't want Harvin. He is one of a handfull of players that literally every team in the NFL would want. I would give up a second for him in a heart beat.

For a 2nd yes but, Decker too no

broncosteven
02-12-2013, 08:22 PM

What if you could just sign Mike Wallace outright and not have to trade anything for him.

I fear kFc making a push for Wallace and dumping Bowe. Instant upgrade for them.

jerseyboiler120
02-12-2013, 08:40 PM
No way on this. Not even straight up Decker for Harvin.

jerseyboiler120
02-12-2013, 08:43 PM
I still think there's too much panic after the crow game. In the end, we had a far better season than nearly anyone dreamed. There is chemistry now. I'm much more worried about the O-line that leaked against the crows than I am about paying too much for another WR.

McDman
02-12-2013, 08:52 PM
What if you could just sign Mike Wallace outright and not have to trade anything for him.

I fear kFc making a push for Wallace and dumping Bowe. Instant upgrade for them.

Harvin is twice the player Wallace is.

BroncoMan4ever
02-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Harvin is twice the player Wallace is.

And triple the migraine

DENVERDUI55
02-13-2013, 04:39 AM
Vikings | Middle-round pick for Percy Harvin?
Tue, 12 Feb 2013 18:09:19 -0800

A pair of NFL executives speaking about a potential trade of Minnesota Vikings WR Percy Harvin said Tuesday, Feb. 12, they would be shocked if the team were able to land anything better than a third-round pick in the NFL Draft.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2Kk7mqOgG

This guy will be a patriot if this is true.

DENVERDUI55
02-13-2013, 04:41 AM

Bowe is a better WR than Wallace. I'm sure KC is tired of Bowe though.

Agamemnon
02-13-2013, 04:42 AM

You call Decker soft while endorsing Harvin? Hilarious!

Agamemnon
02-13-2013, 04:44 AM

And who is going to throw to him?

R-Mac
02-13-2013, 05:41 PM
Eric Decker: 6'3", humble, zero character issues, hard worker, 85 receptions and 13 TDs last season, 25 years old, $1.323 million salary in 2013. Hint: this is the type of player you want to keep on the roster. You don't throw him away (along with a 2nd round pick!) for a WR that has shown attitude problems multiple times and wants a $10-12 million salary (according to reports).

UberBroncoMan
02-13-2013, 06:04 PM

How about we trade Alphonso Smith for him... oh, wait.

:giggle: