PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kaylore
02-10-2013, 11:10 AM
AMC resumes the Walking dead tonight. Curious if any of you watch this show. Once it showed up on Netflix we got hooked.

What is your survival plan in a zombie apocalypse?

Denver is a pretty good spot to defend one. There's plenty of military, it has cold and warm seasons which would destroy the undead fairly effectively, and there are mountain towns to flee too.

All Mormons are encouraged to keep a two year supply of food and water and we have 72 hour emergency evac kits we maintain.

The average human body exposed to the elements rots away in a matter of weeks. They would degenerate even faster if they were moving around because it would cause the dead tissue to tear and break away. You could probably hide for a week or so then most of the undead would be, at worst, missing limbs and eyes, and at best, pieces of flesh.

Rohirrim
02-10-2013, 11:32 AM
That's why I couldn't follow that show; The characters do stuff that makes no sense. If the zombie apocalypse happens, first thing I do is go to the local national guard armory with my friends and family, pick up a few M113 armored personnel carriers with extra diesel cans and assorted spare parts. Mount .50 cals on each one, and load up on various other weapons and lots of ammo. Also grab a few deuce and a halfs to stock with food, water, diesel motor/generator units, entertainment stuff, agricultural supplies, livestock (chickens, pigs, etc.), a few German Shepards always come in handy too. Then, I lead a convoy to the Long Beach docks, drive my rolling stock up onto the Catalina Island ferry (maybe it takes a couple of trips?) and sail on over to Avalon Bay. Unload. Clear the island of any zombies that might be there, from one end to the other. Take up residence in the Wrigley Mansion up on Mount Ada and live happily ever after enjoying the view.

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/12/94427c2388c050a216b9012fec8b3a0d/l.jpg

Kaylore
02-10-2013, 11:35 AM
They actually address that. They are heading to fort Benning and it has already been overrun.

jmz313
02-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Awesome show. My Favorite appointment viewing since 2nd seasons of Entourage and Nip/tuck. Happy WD got past season 2 and hasn't lost luster, i think its gotten better from season 2.

Not sure about your logic though. Much is left unknown about zombie "life". It appears from Walking Dead they may seek shelter and obviously find nourishment in eating people and other animals. Documentaries such as Zombieland do give some basic ideas or rules to staying alive. I think Cardio would be important for sure. Especially if you are to encounter the Zombie species from 28 days later. Double tapping proves useful in both Zombieland as well as Shaun of the Dead. Since there is no proof given that Zombies can swim or fly my plan is to find a nice boat and/or island to call home and wait for the Avengers or Batman to clean up the Zombie threat.

DBroncos4life
02-10-2013, 11:48 AM
That's why I couldn't follow that show; The characters do stuff that makes no sense. If the zombie apocalypse happens, first thing I do is go to the local national guard armory with my friends and family, pick up a few M113 armored personnel carriers with extra diesel cans and assorted spare parts. Mount .50 cals on each one, and load up on various other weapons and lots of ammo. Also grab a few deuce and a halfs to stock with food, water, diesel motor/generator units, entertainment stuff, agricultural supplies, livestock (chickens, pigs, etc.), a few German Shepards always come in handy too. Then, I lead a convoy to the Long Beach docks, drive my rolling stock up onto the Catalina Island ferry (maybe it takes a couple of trips?) and sail on over to Avalon Bay. Unload. Clear the island of any zombies that might be there, from one end to the other. Take up residence in the Wrigley Mansion up on Mount Ada and live happily ever after enjoying the view.

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/12/94427c2388c050a216b9012fec8b3a0d/l.jpg
See you and everyone else would have that exact same idea and that's how you die. Just like trying to leave the city using the interstate out of the city instead of driving on the wrong side of the road where no one is trying to get into.

Yes Kaylore the show is awesome. It deals with things that movies don't have to do, the long term problems.

Kaylore
02-10-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm basing my logic off biology. First, Zombies don't drink. Just standing outside, doing nothing at all, you lose water. Your basic motor skills require hydrated muscles to move. Zombies exposed would shrivel up and become immobile in very short order. Second is parasites. I assume that Zombies have no immune system since they are literally rotting as they go. Microbes on your body right now, and in the air, would begin to break down the zombies bodies. The connective tissues would weaken, and with no healing mechanism, the zombies moving would exacerbate the wear and tear.

Let's assume they can eat and somehow it heals them to some degree. What happens while they are standing around once all the people are dead or zombies? They don't eat each other. Being without a food source they would die, eventually.

When you consider things like they have no warming or cooling method, extreme heat and cold would speed up decomposition or freeze them solid respectively. Both would break down cell walls and further damage tissue. The tissue is unusable in a matter of weeks, and that's to say nothing of insects and the damage they do on rotting flesh.

Agamemnon
02-10-2013, 11:58 AM

Because no one else is going to think of grabbing military equipment during a zombie apocalypse, and no one else is going to head out to islands at the first opportunity. Your ideas are totally unique and would be easy to implement. /sarcasm

Rohirrim
02-10-2013, 12:01 PM
They actually address that. They are heading to fort Benning and it has already been overrun.

Yeah, but that's like a year later. I'm talking about the second it happens I head for the armory, load up, and get moving. When I watched the first episode, that's what I was telling my wife, why don't they go to the local armory? If the highways are clogged you head off across country. Tracked vehicles would have no problem.

Agamemnon
02-10-2013, 12:02 PM
I'm basing my logic off biology. First, Zombies don't drink. Just standing outside, doing nothing at all, you lose water. Your basic motor skills require hydrated muscles to move. Zombies exposed would shrivel up and become immobile in very short order. Second is parasites. I assume that Zombies have no immune system since they are literally rotting as they go. Microbes on your body right now, and in the air, would begin to break down the zombies bodies. The connective tissues would weaken, and with no healing mechanism, the zombies moving would exacerbate the wear and tear.

Let's assume they can eat and somehow it heals them to some degree. What happens while they are standing around once all the people are dead or zombies? They don't eat each other. Being without a food source they would die, eventually.

When you consider things like they have no warming or cooling method, extreme heat and cold would speed up decomposition or freeze them solid respectively. Both would break down cell walls and further damage tissue. The tissue is unusable in a matter of weeks, and that's to say nothing of insects and the damage they do on rotting flesh.

Zombies are magical. Even in zombie movies where they try to come up with some scientific explanation they are still completely magical. That's why I will always prefer supernatural zombies over sci-fi zombies. Sci-fi zombies are just stupid.

Rohirrim
02-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Because no one else is going to think of grabbing military equipment during a zombie apocalypse, and no one else is going to head out to islands at the first opportunity. Your ideas are totally unique and would be easy to implement. /sarcasm

The overwhelming majority of people would have no idea how to use or operate the equipment. For example, APCs use laterals, not a steering wheel. Unless you knew how to drive it, you'd leave it in place.

Rohirrim
02-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Zombies are magical. Even in zombie movies where they try to come up with some scientific explanation they are still completely magical. That's why I will always prefer supernatural zombies over sci-fi zombies. Sci-fi zombies are just stupid.

Of course, if they were the zombies from I, Legend, we're ****ed.

DBroncos4life
02-10-2013, 12:06 PM

I would honestly rather go to Montana/Canada then some island. To get to the island you are going to have to go through a lot of zombies a long the way. In Montana there is so many places you could go with very little people and harsh weather. I agree that something like a zombie plague would be short lived so getting to the right place to wait it out would be key.

Kaylore
02-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Yeah, but that's like a year later. I'm talking about the second it happens I head for the armory, load up, and get moving. When I watched the first episode, that's what I was telling my wife, why don't they go to the local armory? If the highways are clogged you head off across country. Tracked vehicles would have no problem.

They addressed that. They were told to go to Atlanta. As they were heading there the military was fire-bombing the city. They fled and met some survivors and hid at the quarry. And Rick was in coma.

There is the issue of "getting there" and as others have pointed out, you would being doing what everyone else thought was "the obvious" choice and problems would arise.

Kaylore
02-10-2013, 12:08 PM

Strictly speaking from a logical standpoint, I agree. Magical zombies are the only kind that make sense long term. Still, Walking Dead is a great show.

Rohirrim
02-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Strictly speaking from a logical standpoint, I agree. Magical zombies are the only kind that make sense long term. Still, Walking Dead is a great show.

Too violent for my tastes.

Agamemnon
02-10-2013, 12:30 PM
The overwhelming majority of people would have no idea how to use or operate the equipment. For example, APCs use laterals, not a steering wheel. Unless you knew how to drive it, you'd leave it in place.

The people who have actual military experience and the soldiers who are actually stationed there would have a pretty good idea I'm guessing. I mean it's not represented very well in most movies or shows, but people with military experience who own guns are going to be among the most likely to survive the initial bloodbath, and many of them are going to have similar ideas as you. I live in Colorado Springs and I know that there'd be a ****-ton of soldiers trying to grab all kinds of stuff from Fort Carson if a zombie apocalypse happened. The thought that I could just head over there and grab weapons and supplies, much less a Bradley or the like, seems kind of laughable in the face of that.

bronco militia
02-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Woohoo...the first half of this season was fantastic. Can't wait for tonight.

I've started my zombie prep by purchasing a savage 22, smith and wesson m&p .40, and a ruger SR556 (ar15). Now I buy ammo every week like it's groceries.

Requiem
02-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Basically the only TV show I have watched in full since Jericho.

Agamemnon
02-10-2013, 12:35 PM

Walking Dead zombies seem pretty magical to me. Remember the sequence where the CDC scientist shows a real-time brain scan of his wife/girlfriend as she died and became a zombie? It certainly didn't look like something traditional science could explain.

Agamemnon
02-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Of course, if they were the zombies from I, Legend, we're ****ed.

Weren't those vampires?

Rohirrim
02-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Weren't those vampires?

Nope. Those were zombies.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GeCc-fjZ1Ns?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rohirrim
02-10-2013, 01:24 PM
The people who have actual military experience and the soldiers who are actually stationed there would have a pretty good idea I'm guessing. I mean it's not represented very well in most movies or shows, but people with military experience who own guns are going to be among the most likely to survive the initial bloodbath, and many of them are going to have similar ideas as you. I live in Colorado Springs and I know that there'd be a ****-ton of soldiers trying to grab all kinds of stuff from Fort Carson if a zombie apocalypse happened. The thought that I could just head over there and grab weapons and supplies, much less a Bradley or the like, seems kind of laughable in the face of that.

I'm assuming there wouldn't be many survivors to compete with, like in the show. The other strategy would be to choose a large, fertile tract of land, get a bulldozer, and build a fenced moat all the way around the property. Then, you'd just have to do weekly patrols and clean out the wire, so to speak. ;D

broncolife
02-10-2013, 01:29 PM
I think it would all depend how the Zombie virus spreads. If its a just a bite or only dead people coming back, I think it would be a piece of cake to stop it from spreading much. Now if it was a airborne virus that affected at least 25% of population quickly, plus bitting and dead coming back then I could see the scenario of the Walking dead show happening .I love the show but if Daryl dies Im not sure I would like it that much since I dont like any of the other characters.

BroncoDoug
02-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Love the show, I wish I could have started watching it on Netflix, but I watched it live every week since day one. waiting a whole week between episodes sucked, and then the looooooooooong breaks they take between seasons is no bueno. Thank god I have Breaking Bad to go back to because I just started watching that on Netflix and an only on season 3

EDIT: Talking dead is a fun show to watch, its going to be on directly after TWD now for a whole hour!

Rohirrim
02-10-2013, 02:16 PM
I think it would all depend how the Zombie virus spreads. If its a just a bite or only dead people coming back, I think it would be a piece of cake to stop it from spreading much. Now if it was a airborne virus that affected at least 25% of population quickly, plus bitting and dead coming back then I could see the scenario of the Walking dead show happening .I love the show but if Daryl dies Im not sure I would like it that much since I dont like any of the other characters.

Yep. Half the time, I'm rooting for the zombies. ;D

DHallblows
02-10-2013, 02:27 PM

Too violent? This is the PG-13 of potential zombie shows. Just imagine if this show was on HBO or Showtime...man that would be something.

Tombstone RJ
02-10-2013, 02:34 PM
AMC resumes the Walking dead tonight. Curious if any of you watch this show. Once it showed up on Netflix we got hooked.

Denver is a pretty good spot to defend one. There's plenty of military, it has cold and warm seasons which would destroy the undead fairly effectively, and there are mountain towns to flee too.

All Mormons are encouraged to keep a two year supply of food and water and we have 72 hour emergency evac kits we maintain.

The average human body exposed to the elements rots away in a matter of weeks. They would degenerate even faster if they were moving around because it would cause the dead tissue to tear and break away. You could probably hide for a week or so then most of the undead would be, at worst, missing limbs and eyes, and at best, pieces of flesh.

:yayaya:

cutthemdown
02-10-2013, 02:40 PM
How many people watched first episode when it aired. How many jumped on after the buzz?

cutthemdown
02-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Arguing over sci fi zombies vs magical zombies is pretty lame. Hint! The show isn't really about Zombies as much as what people would do to survive. Zombies start at the antagonist but now are sort of a backdrop to the world they live in.

Arguing the fact zombies are illogical and stupid to believe in real life means you should just watch the Grammys instead! Soak up that real life ya know?

maher_tyler
02-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Love the show, I wish I could have started watching it on Netflix, but I watched it live every week since day one. waiting a whole week between episodes sucked, and then the looooooooooong breaks they take between seasons is no bueno. Thank god I have Breaking Bad to go back to because I just started watching that on Netflix and an only on season 3

EDIT: Talking dead is a fun show to watch, its going to be on directly after TWD now for a whole hour!

Both are great shows. To bad Breaking Bad has an even longer break.

Wes Mantooth
02-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Arguing over sci fi zombies vs magical zombies is pretty lame. Hint! The show isn't really about Zombies as much as what people would do to survive. Zombies start at the antagonist but now are sort of a backdrop to the world they live in.

Arguing the fact zombies are illogical and stupid to believe in real life means you should just watch the Grammys instead! Soak up that real life ya know?

or dancing on ice.Hilarious!

Dukes
02-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Can't wait for tonight. I never read the comics, so I really have no idea where the basis of the show is going. The first season was good but this season is excellent.

tesnyde
02-10-2013, 03:33 PM

There is no plan B. Couldn't resist.

Love WD. Daryl and Merle time.

Smilin Assassin
02-10-2013, 03:34 PM
How many people watched first episode when it aired. How many jumped on after the buzz?

Got in on the ground floor.

I mean, I love zombie-movies. So a TV series based on that? I was sold.

Also, as to the "I am Legend" reference, that's the one thing this show needs. One zombie/walker that somehow has the brain power to adapt and lead others infected.

THAT...would be sweet.

(I know this show is based off a comic book series, so if anyone has any spoilers....keep 'em to yourself! :D )

tesnyde
02-10-2013, 03:46 PM

I didn't have cable so I caught it on Netflix so I guess I was a buzzard.

Kaylore
02-10-2013, 03:50 PM

The ratings for the first season of six episodes was 5 million.

Season 2 opened at 7+ and finished at 9.

Season three opened at almost 11 mil. It's been pretty steady. Now were just asking or are you one those people that don't like when something becomes popular?

Who cares if we argue about zombies? Why do you get to decided what people should and shouldn't talk about? It's offseason. If you don't like the topic, don't come into the thread to bitch about it.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-10-2013, 03:52 PM
I think it took a while for the show to figure out what it really is: A first person video game.

It tried to do the character development thing for a while, but the second season proved they were horrible at it. Not to mention, they managed to create several unlikable characters.

Now..it just is what it is...they kill time till they have to kill zombies.

s0phr0syne
02-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Declaration of nerdiness: been on this ish since #1 hit the stands and didn't think twice until #100 a few months ago. (Despite being okay with Kirkman killing off characters, he finally delivered the coup de grace to one of my untouchables.) I've since gotten to the acceptance stage and started reading again.

I think the TV show finally found its footing towards the end of season 2 and continued pretty well into the first half of season 3. Looking forward to it!

Johnykbr
02-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Basically the only TV show I have watched in full since Jericho.

That was a great show. Had so much promise.

HILife
02-10-2013, 04:45 PM
saw season 1 and 2 on netflix. watching season 3 marathon right now.

DBroncos4life
02-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Did anyone watch the colony at all? They pulled it after two seasons, but it was a great to learn about how to build things to survive the end of the world.. I guess there was rumors that season three would be zombie based. It sucks it never happened.

Rohirrim
02-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Too violent? This is the PG-13 of potential zombie shows. Just imagine if this show was on HBO or Showtime...man that would be something.

It's strange. I love Supernatural, and that show can be pretty violent, but for some reason, the way they do it in Walking Dead is a little over the top for me, and the way Sam and Dean take out demons doesn't nearly have the same effect.

ghwk
02-10-2013, 05:15 PM

What happens when you get sick or when some yahoos show up on a stolen yacht to loot?

Nice pic though, I spent a week at Cherry Valley Boy Scout camp on the island a couple of summers ago and had a blast, just a gorgeous spot.

rmsanger
02-10-2013, 05:19 PM
f that... It'd be time to build a flotilla of boat ala waterworld.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/7/2010/05/waterworld.jpg

Rohirrim
02-10-2013, 05:22 PM
What happens when you get sick or when some yahoos show up on a stolen yacht to loot?

Nice pic though, I spent a week at Cherry Valley Boy Scout camp on the island a couple of summers ago and had a blast, just a gorgeous spot.

You would post your APCs with their 50 cals at high points around the island. I'm guessing it wouldn't be too difficult to find a doctor. You'd have to set up security. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to go into Marina del Rey and grab a couple of Cigarette boats, mount some guns on them, and have them on patrol. ;D

Harvitz81
02-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Looking forward to it. Love the show and was hooked from episode 1, but I love all Zombie movies and the Walking Dead matches everything I love about them. I mean a continueing Zombie Saga - excellent!

I ended up reading the compendium volume 1 after the 8th episode of season 3 as I wanted to find out what happened.

Let's just say that they stray a bit from the comics. The comics are more gruesome and IMHO, better, but I really like what they've done with the show. I won't give any spoilers, but let's just say the Governor in the comics is much, much, much more of an evil person and if they follow the comics a little I'm very much looking forward to what they do at the end of season 3.

Baba Booey
02-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Love the show.

As for my own plan, I'm lucky to live in the hills of Northern NJ. It's an extremely rural, conservative area with plenty of guns per capita and its overrun with whitetail deer to hunt.

My old man has two full gun cases. To be honest, I'm not sure I'd leave my house except to make the occasional supply run. All we're missing is a generator.

I need this, too:

http://coolmaterial.com/home/gerber-apocalypse-kit/

errand
02-10-2013, 05:27 PM
amazing how some who are against Americans owning semi-automatic weapons with 30 round magazines would beg borrow or steal one in a heartbeat if there ever was a zombie apocalypse......

Speaking of zombies, this movie looks like it'd be pretty good -

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HcwTxRuq-uk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cito Pelon
02-10-2013, 05:31 PM
I'm wondering who on this board I'd want to have on my side after a zombie apocalypse. The armed gardeners, for sure.

cutthemdown
02-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Got in on the ground floor.

I mean, I love zombie-movies. So a TV series based on that? I was sold.

Also, as to the "I am Legend" reference, that's the one thing this show needs. One zombie/walker that somehow has the brain power to adapt and lead others infected.

THAT...would be sweet.

(I know this show is based off a comic book series, so if anyone has any spoilers....keep 'em to yourself! :D )

No problem. Like you i was on board first episode but I notice a lot of new viewers each season. Friends that now say they are hooked etc etc. Shows how the show is really growing in popularity. Who knows where it will go they don't follow the comics completely.

I don't think they will give zombies any intelligence though. Its more a show about people surviving and what you will do to survive. The zombies sort of just the background.

cutthemdown
02-10-2013, 05:57 PM
The ratings for the first season of six episodes was 5 million.

Season 2 opened at 7+ and finished at 9.

Season three opened at almost 11 mil. It's been pretty steady. Now were just asking or are you one those people that don't like when something becomes popular?

Who cares if we argue about zombies? Why do you get to decided what people should and shouldn't talk about? It's offseason. If you don't like the topic, don't come into the thread to b**** about it.

Seriously? I was asking because i was interested in how the buzz built. You're such a little bitch.

cutthemdown
02-10-2013, 06:01 PM
I didn't have cable so I caught it on Netflix so I guess I was a buzzard.

The show is really getting huge. I notice anyone who i tell to watch it comes back totally hooked. Lol its a tv show it doesn't matter when you started it was just a question.

broncocalijohn
02-10-2013, 06:08 PM

You do realize Catalina Island has people there too. Sure you could clear the thousands there much easier then on the mainland.

I love the show and waiting tonight for it. Good Late Sunday night fun.

broncocalijohn
02-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Seriously? I was asking because i was interested in how the buzz built. You're such a little b****.

Wow, this could be that we are talking about the popularity of Chris Kuper over a few years and Kaylore vs Cutthemdown are at it again.

broncosteven
02-10-2013, 06:16 PM

I wonder if TSIGUY still sees Unicorns and Rainbows when he sees pictures of mCd?

LOL I am Kidding TSI, you have turned it around since then.

rmsanger
02-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Dawn of the Dead/Day of the dead zombies learned how to swim or walk under water. I wonder if other zombies could adapt to find their food source.

broncosteven
02-10-2013, 06:35 PM
BTW I thought the kFc season was over back in October?

ghwk
02-10-2013, 07:29 PM
You would post your APCs with their 50 cals at high points around the island. I'm guessing it wouldn't be too difficult to find a doctor. You'd have to set up security. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to go into Marina del Rey and grab a couple of Cigarette boats, mount some guns on them, and have them on patrol. ;D

Should I just start calling you the governor now! :rofl:

CHANGSTER
02-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Nope. Those were zombies.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GeCc-fjZ1Ns?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Those were pretty much vampires. The novel has them portrayed as savage vampires basically. Harmed by light, mirrors, garlic etc.

cutthemdown
02-10-2013, 07:56 PM
At some point you would think gasoline would become more scarce or just go bad. How long does gas stay good for?

And no Kaylore i am not saying the show is lame I am really asking how long of a shelf life does gasoline have.

CHANGSTER
02-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Declaration of nerdiness: been on this ish since #1 hit the stands and didn't think twice until #100 a few months ago. (Despite being okay with Kirkman killing off characters, he finally delivered the coup de grace to one of my untouchables.) I've since gotten to the acceptance stage and started reading again.

I think the TV show finally found its footing towards the end of season 2 and continued pretty well into the first half of season 3. Looking forward to it!

Yeah, same here. That issue really left a bad taste in my mouth. Shock value thrown in because of the number of the issue. Took me a few issues to back in the groove.

cutthemdown
02-10-2013, 07:58 PM
BTW I thought the kFc season was over back in October?

There is only ever one season for the queefs. The offseason. Regular season is more of how they prep for the next offseason. If you lose the same way every yr it gets boring for the fanbase. So they try and keep it fresh.

pricejj
02-10-2013, 10:12 PM

Most favorite show ever. Will purchase the new episode on Amazon tomorrow for $1.99

Probably something like the 28 days later scenario. Sprinting through the streets at a frantic pace getting pieced out, growing a major beard. Unlike the always perfect looking characters of Walking Dead.

[QUOTE=Kaylore;3795423]Denver is a pretty good spot to defend one. There's plenty of military, it has cold and warm seasons which would destroy the undead fairly effectively, and there are mountain towns to flee too.

Without a grid, Colorado would be somewhat difficult to survive in, unless you were super-skilled in winter mountain survival (like a Ute Indian). I would hunt in the mountains in the summer for about a month, but spend most of my time in Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Nebraska, or the Arkansas River Valley.

spdirty
02-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Good first episode, though Rick is starting to piss me off. As far as zombie survival, I'd just stay at my house with my family until it got overrun, then get eaten by and become a zombie. I'm up in the mountains though, so no telling how many zombies will be up here. Plenty of deer up here. We might be able to stick around for a little while, but in that world quality of life might take priority over surviving for an extended amount of time. I'd like to think in that world my family and I would be some of the first to go, since that is a ****ty world to live in.

cutthemdown
02-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Rick is losing it, Darryl gone, lot's of people die next episode.

ZONA
02-11-2013, 12:41 AM
I'm totally prepared. I've got over a thousand hours of Left 4 Dead simulation time logged.........hahaha. I got my shotgun, my Boomer Bile, my Molitov Cocktail, my health kit, and my ammo. Let's do this. I'd head for NY just because there's sure to be plenty of infected there and I can deal it out. I'd hide out in the Statue of Liberty. I could snipe from the torch or head and there's only 1 way up so easy to defend. Shelter from the weather. It's all good. Just got to make sure I got a woman with me, you know, for those time when the hoard is asleep, lol.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-11-2013, 08:29 AM
I think this show is retarded. I watch it. But its really the same thing over and over again

razorwire77
02-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Rick is losing it, Darryl gone, lot's of people die next episode.

I think Glen is toast.

cutthemdown
02-11-2013, 08:48 AM
I think this show is retarded. I watch it. But its really the same thing over and over again

Watch out Kaylore is going to come get pissed at you and give you a Mormon tounge lashing for crapping on his thread. :)

Jason in LA
02-11-2013, 08:50 AM

If the writers went that route there would be no show. It would be a wrap after one episode. If something like this were possible (I do find if funny that there is a debate on what to do if a zombie attack happened ;D), there would be people who figured out what to do and wouldn't have as many issues as the masses, who would not know what to do. For story lines, it is more interesting to follow the group of people who are going through the struggle and having to fight zombies than the group of people who are sitting pretty somewhere and not having any issues.

It's just TV, and it's a great show. Totally unrealistic (because of the zombies, not because of the people's reaction to the situation), but the story lines are really good.

Oh, and what's your plan when some other group that is also heavily armed shows up and they want to run the island? Good luck with that.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-11-2013, 09:04 AM
Watch out Kaylore is going to come get pissed at you and give you a Mormon tounge lashing for crapping on his thread. :)

I do watch it, so I'm happy to explain why I think its retarded, but i do think its retarded

Archer81
02-11-2013, 09:06 AM
If a zombie apocalyse breaks out, the key to survival is being where other people are not. Get the people you want to get (if they are alive) then head out to the middle of nowhere with as much food and water as you can carry. It would probably be wise to pick up fruit and veggie seeds if you can find them. Guns would be nice, but ammunition will run out. So edge weapons would be necessary. Once you have your basecamp set up, forage/scout teams need to be readied and sent out every two weeks. No more than three people in a team.

Once things stabilize, then you can built a quarantine zone where survivors who make it to you are kept until they are proven to not carry infection. You rebuild society with the fragments of people who made it, always wary of the next zombie outbreak.

:Broncos:

Kaylore
02-11-2013, 09:13 AM
I do watch it, so I'm happy to explain why I think its retarded, but i do think its retarded

Go ahead, but bear in mind you were one of four people in the world who enjoyed sucker punch, so forgive me if I take your opinion with a grain of salt. :)

As for this most recent episode, I was wondering if Tyreece was going to show up. I thought T-Dog was their hat tip to Tyreece. He's a critical player and becomes best friends with Rick in the comic. Obviously the show doesn't follow the comic exctly, but it does inform some of the plot points and some of the tension they create in the show is greater if you read the comics (The Governor actually rapes Michonne in the comic, so you believe he's going to rape Maggie). However Tyreese looks "as ordered" here and I like his character. He helps lead because Rick can't handle it by himself in the comic. It's clear they are moving toward that direction.

I just hope they don't ruin the character of Rick.

Kaylore
02-11-2013, 09:21 AM
If a zombie apocalyse breaks out, the key to survival is being where other people are not. Get the people you want to get (if they are alive) then head out to the middle of nowhere with as much food and water as you can carry. It would probably be wise to pick up fruit and veggie seeds if you can find them. Guns would be nice, but ammunition will run out. So edge weapons would be necessary. Once you have your basecamp set up, forage/scout teams need to be readied and sent out every two weeks. No more than three people in a team.

Once things stabilize, then you can built a quarantine zone where survivors who make it to you are kept until they are proven to not carry infection. You rebuild society with the fragments of people who made it, always wary of the next zombie outbreak.

I would love for someone to make a game where you have to build a community in post-apocalyptic conditions. Recruit members, forage for supplies and defend against zombies and bandits.

Rohirrim
02-11-2013, 09:24 AM
If the writers went that route there would be no show. It would be a wrap after one episode. If something like this were possible (I do find if funny that there is a debate on what to do if a zombie attack happened ;D), there would be people who figured out what to do and wouldn't have as many issues as the masses, who would not know what to do. For story lines, it is more interesting to follow the group of people who are going through the struggle and having to fight zombies than the group of people who are sitting pretty somewhere and not having any issues.

It's just TV, and it's a great show. Totally unrealistic (because of the zombies, not because of the people's reaction to the situation), but the story lines are really good.

Oh, and what's your plan when some other group that is also heavily armed shows up and they want to run the island? Good luck with that.

Uhh You change the name of the show to Lost.

DBroncos4life
02-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Did anyone else notice that the governor had the big bag of guns Rick lost in episode 1 that said sheriff on it?

bronco militia
02-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Go ahead, but bear in mind you were one of four people in the world who enjoyed sucker punch, so forgive me if I take your opinion with a grain of salt. :)

OH SNAP!!! there are 4 people that like that movie????

bwhahahahaa Hilarious!

Kaylore
02-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Did anyone else notice that the governor had the big bag of guns Rick lost in episode 1 that said sheriff on it?

Do you think that was the show's way of showing that the Governor killed Guillermo's group, or was it the prop department being resourceful?

DBroncos4life
02-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Do you think that was the show's way of showing that the Governor killed Guillermo's group, or was it the prop department being resourceful?

I think it's a tie in to something. I guess wouldn't it be possible that Merle picked it up on his way out of the city after he got free.

Others pointed it out in the Governor's place before in episode 5 when Michonne broke in the house.

Requiem
02-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Anyone hear about the show Les Revenants (French) that deals with zombies? Wonder if it is any gooD.

DBroncos4life
02-11-2013, 10:02 AM
OK they grabbed it in episode 4 on the way out and gave it to the elders so yeah I guess that means he attacked them.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-11-2013, 10:02 AM

As for this most recent episode, I was wondering if Tyreece was going to show up. I thought T-Dog was their hat tip to Tyreece. He's a critical player and becomes best friends with Rick in the comic. Obviously the show doesn't follow the comic exctly, but it does inform some of the plot points and some of the tension they create in the show is greater if you read the comics (The Governor actually rapes Michonne in the comic, so you believe he's going to rape Maggie). However Tyreese looks "as ordered" here and I like his character. He helps lead because Rick can't handle it by himself in the comic. It's clear they are moving toward that direction.

I just hope they don't ruin the character of Rick.

HAHAH you remember that. Well, let me say, I enjoyed Sucker Punch more than others because I had less than zero expectations and wasn't too bored. I doubt I was singing its praises as its really not my kind of movie. I probably just didnt think it sucked as much as others.

My problem with The Walking Dead mostly is that I feel its poorly written. Its fine when its a shoot em up action show, but it fails miserably as a character piece and I think some of the choices they made, especially in season 2, were downright insulting to the viewer.

It was an enormous/lazy mistake to center the show around Carl (from a motivational standpoint), and, as a result, we spent entirely too much time with an uninteresting child actor. I think they did realize this mistake and Carl is mostly an afterthought in this season. I also think they OFTEN use character irrationality to push a plot forward: For example, in the second season, there was a small plot line where Glenn, Rick, and Herschel had to quickly get supplies in town and rush back, and I think they ran into those other guys in the bar. For whatever reason, the writers needed to get Lori out of the house and into a car accident, so she freaked out to go find them and tell them to...come back faster? They do these types of things alot. There's nothing subtle about The Walking Dead and as a character study of what people may be like during an apocolypse, i think its pretty lazy.

Oh, and outside of Daryl, most of the characters are pretty unlikable.

TonyR
02-11-2013, 10:07 AM

So why watch? And how many shows on TV are "better"?

SonOfLe-loLang
02-11-2013, 10:12 AM
So why watch? And how many shows on TV are "better"?

I kind of hate watch it, I guess? I tend to continue with things even if I dont like them. I still watch the Office, after all. I had really high hopes for the Walking Dead, and I think it's had some nice moments in the details, but for the most part I just find it lazy.

Put it this way, and this is just a detail, in the first scene last night (which was awful from a production standpoint), why does Merl hit Daryl twice before enacting his "plan" that wasn't a plan at all? Why not just skip to the part where they are fighting together.

And townspeople clamoring to get out of Woodbury also seemed dumb, as was Andreas retardo speech and their subsequent kumbaya after.

Ray Finkle
02-11-2013, 10:15 AM

didn't Rick have that bag at Herschel's farm? He gave guns to Guillermo's group but not the bag.

DBroncos4life
02-11-2013, 10:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmJUhGRsyHE&feature=youtube_gdata_player deleted scene about Guillermo's group

Kaylore
02-11-2013, 10:29 AM
HAHAH you remember that. Well, let me say, I enjoyed Sucker Punch more than others because I had less than zero expectations and wasn't too bored. I doubt I was singing its praises as its really not my kind of movie. I probably just didnt think it sucked as much as others.

My problem with The Walking Dead mostly is that I feel its poorly written. Its fine when its a shoot em up action show, but it fails miserably as a character piece and I think some of the choices they made, especially in season 2, were downright insulting to the viewer.

It was an enormous/lazy mistake to center the show around Carl (from a motivational standpoint), and, as a result, we spent entirely too much time with an uninteresting child actor. I think they did realize this mistake and Carl is mostly an afterthought in this season. I also think they OFTEN use character irrationality to push a plot forward: For example, in the second season, there was a small plot line where Glenn, Rick, and Herschel had to quickly get supplies in town and rush back, and I think they ran into those other guys in the bar. For whatever reason, the writers needed to get Lori out of the house and into a car accident, so she freaked out to go find them and tell them to...come back faster? They do these types of things alot. There's nothing subtle about The Walking Dead and as a character study of what people may be like during an apocolypse, i think its pretty lazy.

I agree with the irrationality part of it. The writers want to challenge their characters and create suspense every episode, which is fine. But I agree sometimes the way they put their characters in danger are pretty lame, I'll agree. I'm sure as a writer you find this especially annoying.

I don't agree that the characters are unlikable. I like Maggie, Glenn, Hershel, Daryl, and Dale. I even like Shane, Merle and the Governor as far as "villains" go. I agree Carl was getting annoying last season. I like him better now, though. I think Mishonne and Tyreese have a lot of potential. I also think Walking Dead isn't a circumstance to explore the subtle nuances of human nature. It's a visit to the extreme. When I want subtle I watch Mad Men.

Our of curiousity, what shows outside the office do you enjoy? I enjoyed the office until this season, too.

Kaylore
02-11-2013, 10:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmJUhGRsyHE&feature=youtube_gdata_player deleted scene about Guillermo's group

Oh wow. Well there you go.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-11-2013, 10:43 AM
I agree with the irrationality part of it. The writers want to challenge their characters and create suspense every episode, which is fine. But I agree sometimes the way they put their characters in danger are pretty lame, I'll agree. I'm sure as a writer you find this especially annoying.

I don't agree that the characters are unlikable. I like Maggie, Glenn, Hershel, Daryl, and Dale. I even like Shane, Merle and the Governor as far as "villains" go. I agree Carl was getting annoying last season. I like him better now, though. I think Mishonne and Tyreese have a lot of potential. I also think Walking Dead isn't a circumstance to explore the subtle nuances of human nature. It's a visit to the extreme. When I want subtle I watch Mad Men.

Our of curiousity, what shows outside the office do you enjoy? I enjoyed the office until this season, too.

You're right, i shouldn't paint ALL the characters with a broad brush, but most of that original group I can't stand. And really couldn't stand team Grimes, but thank God Lori is dead. I agree the show is tolerable (for me) when it understands that its just a first person shooter, but the entirety of season 2 was spent trying to be a character study and it failed miserably.

Lets see...this is what I watch.

Some all time favs: The Wire, Seinfeld, Friday Night Lights, Sopranos, Six Feet Under.

Current: Game Of Thrones (never thought I'd like it, but wow, i love it), Louie, MadMen, Breaking Bad, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Treme, Girls (have a love/hate with this), ya know, the usual shows middle class white people like. Oh, and The Amazing Race is something i can watch from now till the end of time. I'm probably missing some, but I don't watch as much TV as I used to.

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2013, 10:47 AM
wow! I can't believe the all the tv people watch... where do you find the time?

SonOfLe-loLang
02-11-2013, 11:01 AM
wow! I can't believe the all the tv people watch... where do you find the time?

when you work in tv, you gotta keep up!

Kaylore
02-11-2013, 11:02 AM
You're right, i shouldn't paint ALL the characters with a broad brush, but most of that original group I can't stand. And really couldn't stand team Grimes, but thank God Lori is dead. I agree the show is tolerable (for me) when it understands that its just a first person shooter, but the entirety of season 2 was spent trying to be a character study and it failed miserably.

Lets see...this is what I watch.

Some all time favs: The Wire, Seinfeld, Friday Night Lights, Sopranos, Six Feet Under.

Current: Game Of Thrones (never thought I'd like it, but wow, i love it), Louie, MadMen, Breaking Bad, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Treme, Girls (have a love/hate with this), ya know, the usual shows middle class white people like. Oh, and The Amazing Race is something i can watch from now till the end of time. I'm probably missing some, but I don't watch as much TV as I used to.

Game of Thrones is excellent. And I have never met someone who didn't admit the Wire was at least pretty good, even if it wasn't their cup of tea (like me). Between the Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Mad Men and whatever else, AMC is killing it right now.

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2013, 11:02 AM
when you work in tv, you gotta keep up!

Oh, my bad. This makes sense.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Game of Thrones is excellent. And I have never met someone who didn't admit the Wire was at least pretty good, even if it wasn't their cup of tea (like me). Between the Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Mad Men and whatever else, AMC is killing it right now.

Speaking of AMC's The Killing (which is being resurrected), I hated that show. Well, i liked the first season, but felt way cheated at the end. And the second season was a steaming pile.

spdirty
02-11-2013, 11:18 AM

I netflixed walkin dead and breaking bad. Man those are good shows.

Getting my Internet upgraded tomorrow so I'm gonna start watching justified.

Archer81
02-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Shows I watch:

Archer, The Americans, Justified, Legit, Sons of Anarchy, Californication, Game of Thrones, Being Human, Lost Girl. I found once football season ended I had alot more time to watch regular TV. Add in Netflix and Amazon Prime and I am finding it hard to justify paying for directv or cable.

edog24
02-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Love the walking dead! Bit of a slow start last night. I love the Lori ghost messing with Rick. I also loved glen stomping the zombie, sweet.

BroncoBuff
02-11-2013, 12:44 PM

Interesting analysis, definitely. But I think lots of shows/movies succeed with unlikeable protagonists these days.

I'm way behind you guys on this show ... we watch it on Netflix/Roku, and the kid just got shot by Pruitt Taylor Vince (excellent actor, don't miss film 'The Jacket'). Even this early in series, I can't get over: a) why so much time was spent on Shane's interest and pursuit of Lori, it's a zombie-action series - Rick and Shane best friends would've been far smoother, b) for that matter, how tf did Rick find them? Never wouldda happened, so unrealistic! c) I'm supposed to believe Rick's sheriff uniform has made it this far? d) CDC plotline was ridiculous (in a bad way) and e) we all know zombies can't run that fast, duh.

All that said, I think AMC might surpass or maybe has surpassed all other cable networks for original programming.

TonyR
02-11-2013, 12:46 PM
I kind of hate watch it, I guess?

I can understand this. I do this with Girls. I liked it a little at first, but have thus far loathed this season. I depise every character. And yet I go on and watch the next episode.

And I understand your complaints about Walking Dead, but I still find it compelling. My tests for good TV are
1) do I look forward to watching it?
and
2) does each episode go by fast and I'm mad when it's over?

WD gets a resounding yes to both questions. The only recent shows that in this respect even remotely compare IMO are Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. Both are probably superior to WD in many respects, but I think for some reason I enjoy WD more.

TonyR
02-11-2013, 12:52 PM

You've got good taste! Bolded are the best dramas ever IMO, and I either watched or watch every other show listed except FNL and Treme. And I can do without Amazing Race but I've watched some.

BroncoBuff
02-11-2013, 12:54 PM

Game of Thrones ... I saw you did a thread on that last month, but I thought it was, well, a game. The Wire was a top-notch show, as was another Baltimore-based cop show 'Homicide: Life on the Street.' People like The Shield, but there's no comparison to those other shows really. The Shield is overrated I think.

And I'm being told Pruitt Taylor Vince was not in 'The Jacket' (don't miss that movie). It's not listed on his IMDB filmography, but it must have been him ... the patient who sees Adrien Brodie young and old.

Lelo, what do you do?

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2013, 01:08 PM
lol... TV IMHO is dead! I have to admit, the last "series" I watched on a continual basis was Californication and I LOVED THAT SHOW! This tells you how depraved I am.

Consequently, I called it quits.

Oh and Spartacus... I watched that too... not good for the soul.

BroncoBuff
02-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Okay, Pruit Taylor Vince is not in 'The Jacket.'

But he is in two other of my top-10 sleeper movies, 'Jacob's Ladder' and 'Nobody's Fool' (Paul Newman one).

spdirty
02-11-2013, 01:37 PM
This show makes me wish I had pet zombies. Chop their arms off, rip their teeth out, put a collar and chain around their neck, and boom. Pet zombies. Was so cool what samurai lady did.

cutthemdown
02-11-2013, 01:42 PM

i wondered that as well. But i was thinking the bag was in the groups possession as far back as when Shane took it from Dale in the swamp by the farm.

So does this mean the gov is also a former cop? or does it mean nothing? But I don't think it can mean he killed the other group because I don't think rick gave them the bag, only some guns.

spdirty
02-11-2013, 01:45 PM
lol... TV IMHO is dead! I have to admit, the last "series" I watched on a continual basis was Californication and I LOVED THAT SHOW! This tells you how depraved I am.

I have hated Spartacus since the start of season 3. Why the hell did they replace the actress that played Nivea?

And why in the hell did they have to replace the dead guy Spartacus with a guy with a ****ing English accent?

And this season there is just no development to the new roman characters at all. I had to go online and get a cast list just so I could find out who they were and follow the damn story. I'll be happy when it's over. Just crappy storytelling sandwiched in between gore and violence, sex scenes, and now gay sex scenes.

cutthemdown
02-11-2013, 01:45 PM
The problem with a military base would be lots of zombies i would guess. But I also wondered why they never tried to get some military gear or raid police stations and gun stores etc etc.

Also they sort of don't show them looking for gas enough. They drive all over and never seem to run out of gas.

cutthemdown
02-11-2013, 01:46 PM
I have hated Spartacus since the start of season 3. Why the hell did they replace the actress that played Nivea?

And why in the hell did they have to replace the dead guy Spartacus with a guy with a ****ing English accent?

And this season there is just no development to the new roman characters at all. I had to go online and get a cast list just so I could find out who they were and follow the damn story. I'll be happy when it's over. Just crappy storytelling sandwiched in between gore and violence, sex scenes, and now gay sex scenes.

I liked the prequel gods of th arena probably best of all of them. It sort of has jumped the shark tank.

spdirty
02-11-2013, 01:55 PM
I liked the prequel gods of th arena probably best of all of them. It sort of has jumped the shark tank.

Yeah I really enjoyed Gods of the Arena and Blood and Sand.

cutthemdown
02-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Yeah I really enjoyed Gods of the Arena and Blood and Sand.

Had to be really tough when your star gets cancer and dies. I ****ing hate cancer with a passion. I'm only 43 and already have 3 friends dead from cancer and me brother thank god cured of leukemia.

How do you really get a new star and take off like nothing happened? Very tough to do. Could you imagine for instance if a show like Breaking Bad lost its lead, or even the supporting actor 2nd 3rd season? It would pretty much ruin any show but the Walking Dead lol.

You almost can kill off anyone in that show. But Rick, the little boy, sort of know it ain't happening.

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2013, 02:05 PM

I only watched the first season and all I know is the actor who played the original Spartacus died of cancer after the first season.

As far as the gay stuff. Hollywood puts it everywhere. The first time I watched Game of Thrones there was a homo scene.

Hollywood wants people to think homosexuality is normal. It's not. Sorry.

Smilin Assassin
02-11-2013, 02:33 PM

I still love it. Can't wait for each new episode (Though this is the final series). And I've read in a few diff places now that they are considering a spinoff series featuring the new Julius Caesar character they introduced.

Hope that's true.

As for Navea, she wanted more money. Not rare, but yeah, I liked her a LOT more than this new actress.

ghwk
02-11-2013, 02:34 PM

The first two season were amazing. Like you I thought the Nivea replacement and the Spartacus replacements were total fails. I just could never get into believing the new guy was even a shadow of what Spartacus should be. They just should have let the character go and continued with Gatticus in his place.

McDman
02-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Speaking of AMC's The Killing (which is being resurrected), I hated that show. Well, i liked the first season, but felt way cheated at the end. And the second season was a steaming pile.

The first season was so good until the last five minutes. Had they kept it as a mini-series it would have been amazing.

broncolife
02-11-2013, 02:56 PM
In last nights episode it looked like there was a strange vibe going on between Rick and Beth.

cutthemdown
02-11-2013, 04:11 PM
In last nights episode it looked like there was a strange vibe going on between Rick and Beth.

She is taking on some sort of mother role to the baby. Really she could die soon because she is worthless as far as the story goes. But I never read the comics maybe she takes a larger role soon and lives.

broncosteven
02-11-2013, 04:37 PM

You need to watch PBS. Downton Abby is the **** BOOOYYYEEEE!

Plus they have the American Experience (which is about Rockefeller this week), Front Line, Nova, Inside Lens, Masterpiece among other stuff like Austin City Limits.

PBS is what TV should have evolved into, not the lowest common denominator BS.

I do enjoy a good HBO series but not enough to pay for HBO, I just wait for the DVD's.

spdirty
02-11-2013, 04:43 PM
The first two season were amazing. Like you I thought the Nivea replacement and the Spartacus replacements were total fails. I just could never get into believing the new guy was even a shadow of what Spartacus should be. They just should have let the character go and continued with Gatticus in his place.

Every time I see the new Nivea I wonder how damn cool it would be to see the old hot Nivea be an ass kicker. Just sucks, the new one is just annoying as hell.

Thought they did a great job with the prequel when old Spartacus was fighting the cancer. Gannicus was just a great replacement for the new lead.

It really sucks, every time I watch I just wonder how much better it would have been with the original Spartacus and Nivea.

It's like Dallas, how much better that whole series would have been had Jim Davis not died.

DBroncos4life
02-11-2013, 04:44 PM
i wondered that as well. But i was thinking the bag was in the groups possession as far back as when Shane took it from Dale in the swamp by the farm.

So does this mean the gov is also a former cop? or does it mean nothing? But I don't think it can mean he killed the other group because I don't think rick gave them the bag, only some guns.

I guess the talk is the bag should be a main character and people are tired of talking about it. Hilarious! I saw photos after I googled it and Andrea had it on the back of the two walkers of Michonne.

spdirty
02-11-2013, 04:47 PM
I only watched the first season and all I know is the actor who played the original Spartacus died of cancer after the first season.

As far as the gay stuff. Hollywood puts it everywhere. The first time I watched Game of Thrones there was a homo scene.

Hollywood wants people to think homosexuality is normal. It's not. Sorry.

See i can somewhat handle guys kissing as long as its brief but the softcore gay guy porn that Spartacus did last episode just turned my stomach. I fast forwarded through it and it just kept going on and on. Like the lazy bastards are just going for more shock value because they have no more ideas to advance their story, when there is a ton of content to go off of based just on history.

spdirty
02-11-2013, 04:55 PM
I still love it. Can't wait for each new episode (Though this is the final series). And I've read in a few diff places now that they are considering a spinoff series featuring the new Julius Caesar character they introduced.

Hope that's true.

As for Navea, she wanted more money. Not rare, but yeah, I liked her a LOT more than this new actress.

That would be cool. Could you imagine if they did Julius Caesar, then Augustus, then Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius, Nero, then fast forward to Commodus getting ****ed up by Russell Crowe. Freaking awesome stuff they could do with this.

Archer81
02-11-2013, 05:08 PM
That would be cool. Could you imagine if they did Julius Caesar, then Augustus, then Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius, Nero, then fast forward to Commodus getting ****ed up by Russell Crowe. Freaking awesome stuff they could do with this.

You know what would make Spartacus a good show? If it was even remotely accurate. That would probably help it alot.

spdirty
02-11-2013, 05:23 PM
You know what would make Spartacus a good show? If it was even remotely accurate. That would probably help it alot.

Yeah, but the history was so vague that a lot is open to interpretation. Though I know that He and Crixus split up and Crixus died awhile before Spartacus.

I bet they don't even kill Spartacus off, since they never found his body.

Bacchus
02-11-2013, 06:00 PM

****ing liberal pansy

Bacchus
02-11-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm wondering who on this board I'd want to have on my side after a zombie apocalypse. The armed gardeners, for sure.

I make my own beer.^5

Bacchus
02-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Most favorite show ever. Will purchase the new episode on Amazon tomorrow for $1.99

I watch them all here.

http://kat.ph/search/the%20walking%20dead/

jmz313
02-11-2013, 06:10 PM
She is taking on some sort of mother role to the baby. Really she could die soon because she is worthless as far as the story goes. But I never read the comics maybe she takes a larger role soon and lives.

in the comic its Carol that takes on a creepy mothering / wanna be wife role with Rick and baby. Wonder how far they take it with beth, if at all.

Bacchus
02-11-2013, 06:51 PM
The word 'zombie' is never said throughout the first season. The zombies are either referred to as "Walkers", "Geeks", "Roamers", "Lamebrains", and to the CDC, "Test Subjects".

Actors who played zombies had to go through zombie school to learn how to walk and move like zombies.

There was a lot of controversy about what Jenner actually said to Rick Grimes just before the survivors left the CDC at the end of season one. In the BluRay edition of TWD season one, if you turn the center channel audio up very high, you can actually hear Jenner say: "It's in your blood. We're all carriers." Rick doesn't divulge this information to the other survivors until the end of season two.

Though we saw Michonne at the end of season two, saving Andrea's life, her actor hadn't even been hired when the episode filmed. Actor Danai Gurira has some pretty big shoes to fill, since Michonne is one of the biggest badasses in the comics.

In the world of The Walking Dead, walkers outnumber the living about 5000 to 1.

Bacchus
02-11-2013, 06:51 PM
The name Edwin Jenner, the doctor at the CDC, is a reference to to Edward Jenner who developed the first vaccine (which was for smallpox).

Daryl Dixon, unlikely fan favorite of the show (played by Norman Reedus) uses a specific type of crossbow, a Horton Scout HD 125. This thing retails for about $300.00 (US) and Reedus has said that he takes it home with him after filming.

In an online interview, it was revealed that Frank Darabont envisioned having several self-contained episodes that would not continue the main story. One such episode would have been the season two premiere. It would have involved Sam Witwer (who Darabont used in The Mist and played the tank zombie in the series premiere) as a solider in a Black Hawk Down style Atlanta. Witwer would have encountered several of the cast before being bit and locking himself in the tank.

http://www.tvovermind.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/sam-witwer.jpg

BroncoBuff
02-11-2013, 07:10 PM
You need to watch PBS. Downton Abby is the **** BOOOYYYEEEE! Plus they have the American Experience (which is about Rockefeller this week), Front Line, Nova, Inside Lens, Masterpiece among other stuff like Austin City Limits.

I do enjoy a good HBO series but not enough to pay for HBO, I just wait for the DVD's.

Rep that, PBS is monster good. And speaking of DVDs of shows, Catharine and I love waiting, then ordering 2 or 3 Netflix DVDs at once. Dexter or Nurse Jackie for example, we watch 6-9 episodes each weekend, definitely the way to go. You appreciate the shows more, I now notice that Edie Falco is the best actress on the planet.

Seems unfair to wait a week for 44 minutes of series TV.

spdirty
02-11-2013, 09:44 PM
LOL Sometimes stupid people provide the best entertainment.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ODD_ZOMBIE_BROADCAST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-02-11-19-46-16

TV station hacker warns of zombies in Montana

GREAT FALLS, Mont. (AP) -- A Montana television station's regular programming was interrupted by news of a zombie apocalypse.

The Montana Television Network says hackers broke into the Emergency Alert System of Great Falls affiliate KRTV and its CW station Monday.

KRTV says on its website the hackers broadcast that "dead bodies are rising from their graves" in several Montana counties.

The alert claimed the bodies were "attacking the living" and warned people not to "approach or apprehend these bodies as they are extremely dangerous."

The network says there is no emergency and its engineers are investigating.

A call to KRTV was referred to a Montana Television Network executive in Bozeman. Jon Saunders didn't immediately return a call for comment.

The Great Falls Tribune reports the hoax alert generated at least four calls to police to see if it was true.

[/URL][URL="http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/terms"]
(http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ODD_ZOMBIE_BROADCAST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-02-11-19-46-16#c02d50fd-8671-44b6-96ea-6de0a278993b)

Rohirrim
02-12-2013, 08:21 AM
You need to watch PBS. Downton Abby is the **** BOOOYYYEEEE!

Plus they have the American Experience (which is about Rockefeller this week), Front Line, Nova, Inside Lens, Masterpiece among other stuff like Austin City Limits.

PBS is what TV should have evolved into, not the lowest common denominator BS.

They killed Sibyl. I can't forgive them for that. :pity:

DBroncos4life
02-17-2013, 04:24 PM
How many have downloaded the walking dead XBox game? It could be the best game ever.

OBF1
02-17-2013, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=Kaylore;3795448]I'm basing my logic off biology. First, Zombies don't drink. Just standing outside, doing nothing at all, you lose water. Your basic motor skills require hydrated muscles to move. Zombies exposed would shrivel up and become immobile in very short order. Second is parasites. I assume that Zombies have no immune system since they are literally rotting as they go. Microbes on your body right now, and in the air, would begin to break down the zombies bodies. The connective tissues would weaken, and with no healing mechanism, the zombies moving would exacerbate the wear and tear.

Logic tells me that the living do not die, then come back as zombies. Nice story trying to convince others using your superior logic lol

Willynowei
02-18-2013, 11:29 PM
Lol. Most of these movies/tv shows make absolutely no ****ing sense. If there really was a zombie outbreak, it would be the least intimidating, least scary, and easiest "apocalypse" scenario for an advanced modern military to deal with.

White house orders would probably be to secure all military bases at any cost, if civilians try to break in for weapons, they would get shot on the spot at 50 yards away to prevent any type of "zombie over running" garbage that you see in the movies.

Places would get cut off, quarantined, entire population centers would be neutralized or at the very least anyone trying to leave said population centers would get shot at a distance to prevent "spreading".

The #1 thing i would be afraid of as a civilian in a zombie apocalypse aint some stupid brainless monster, its the US military bombing every inch of the infested location clean in 1 hour. You think people are so ****ing stupid as to react to a giant infestation that spreads through wounds, blood, water, or air, as to send Search and Rescue teams and risk lives?

LMAO. No. Not in that situation, in that situation, the place gets bombed flat, like nuclear, like ASAP. See what they did with the SARS virus in China? If there is even a chance that you as a human being might be infected with something that spreads rapidly, you will be treated as cattle, PERIOD. And if it makes you a risk to the lives of others, you will be shot or bombed instantly.

Therefore, I'd find a basement/bomb shelter, ****ing fast, when the entire city is rubble and everyone's dead, they'll probably come in for the actual search and rescue with orders that aren't STK on site.

ShutDownPoster
02-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Watched last night's episode and couldn't help to think that a 16 episode season is too long - things are just dragging on. And they have to get rid of Rick crawling all over the prison grounds like Margot Kidder. Bring on more Tyrese already - or at least his hot sidekick, she's smokin! :thumbs:

Requiem
02-19-2013, 12:13 PM
They are definitely dragging it on and milking it for all its worth. Rick should have his hand cut off by now.

DBroncos4life
02-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Lol. Most of these movies/tv shows make absolutely no ****ing sense. If there really was a zombie outbreak, it would be the least intimidating, least scary, and easiest "apocalypse" scenario for an advanced modern military to deal with.

White house orders would probably be to secure all military bases at any cost, if civilians try to break in for weapons, they would get shot on the spot at 50 yards away to prevent any type of "zombie over running" garbage that you see in the movies.

Places would get cut off, quarantined, entire population centers would be neutralized or at the very least anyone trying to leave said population centers would get shot at a distance to prevent "spreading".

The #1 thing i would be afraid of as a civilian in a zombie apocalypse aint some stupid brainless monster, its the US military bombing every inch of the infested location clean in 1 hour. You think people are so ****ing stupid as to react to a giant infestation that spreads through wounds, blood, water, or air, as to send Search and Rescue teams and risk lives?

LMAO. No. Not in that situation, in that situation, the place gets bombed flat, like nuclear, like ASAP. See what they did with the SARS virus in China? If there is even a chance that you as a human being might be infected with something that spreads rapidly, you will be treated as cattle, PERIOD. And if it makes you a risk to the lives of others, you will be shot or bombed instantly.

Therefore, I'd find a basement/bomb shelter, ****ing fast, when the entire city is rubble and everyone's dead, they'll probably come in for the actual search and rescue with orders that aren't STK on site.
In the walking dead everyone is infected. You can't quarantine something like that.

edog24
02-19-2013, 01:28 PM
I thought the first two episodes of the restarted season are pretty weak. Almost 30 minutes into this recent episode and there had not been a zombie yet? WTF is that? Then the bridge scene just seemed put in there for fun.

All that whining set aside, the last scene was pretty creative with the zombie bomb going into the prison. :flower: Any thoughts on who the zombie rig driver was and why it looked like they had a gas mask on? I also couldn't quite follow if the driver of the zombie vehicle survived the shootout?

Requiem
02-19-2013, 01:36 PM
I thought the first two episodes of the restarted season are pretty weak. Almost 30 minutes into this recent episode and there had not been a zombie yet? WTF is that? Then the bridge scene just seemed put in there for fun.

All that whining set aside, the last scene was pretty creative with the zombie bomb going into the prison. :flower: Any thoughts on who the zombie rig driver was and why it looked like they had a gas mask on? I also couldn't quite follow if the driver of the zombie vehicle survived the shootout?

That is what I am wondering too. I didn't think that the driver of the vehicle was ever shot/killed in the shootout and perhaps may have gotten into the prison? That is the only part that got me excited through the whole episode. The rest of it was blah. :wave:

Johnykbr
02-19-2013, 02:17 PM

I'll the whole third season over the Dawson's Creek Meets The Walking Dead that was the second and the last part of the first season.

But the whole time I'm watching after they crashed the gate I'm screaming that they obviously have a working vehicle so why not plug the gate? It was ridiculous to just stand there and watch the yard fill up.

Kaylore
02-19-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm pissed that they got rid of Tyreece so quickly. He's a really cool character in the comics and should have been heavily involved by now. And the whole "Rick is crazy" feels like a way to fill episodes and simultaneously ruin the characters in the process.

I loved the Talking Dead episode afterwards, though. "Why can't Carol have nice things?"

And I have no idea who the chick driving the zombie bomb was, but I am sure it was a woman.

DBroncos4life
02-19-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm pissed that they got rid of Tyreece so quickly. He's a really cool character in the comics and should have been heavily involved by now. And the whole "Rick is crazy" feels like a way to fill episodes and simultaneously ruin the characters in the process.

I loved the Talking Dead episode afterwards, though. "Why can't Carol have nice things?"

And I have no idea who the chick driving the zombie bomb was, but I am sure it was a woman.

I'm thinking its Lilly.

broncocalijohn
02-19-2013, 09:48 PM

They needed someone who drives like **** and runs into things. Obviously it was a women. They probably told her to put some makeup on before going to the fence. That way it was a guaranteed "accident" of ramming the gate.

cutthemdown
02-19-2013, 10:29 PM
They didn't get rid of Tyrese. He will be back and become a big part of the group. I just think that Rick will have to be a little more in need before he comes back.

In the comics he becomes a leader of the group. I'm sure he will be some sort of leader in the series as well.

Kaylore
02-19-2013, 11:36 PM
They needed someone who drives like **** and runs into things. Obviously it was a women. They probably told her to put some makeup on before going to the fence. That way it was a guaranteed "accident" of ramming the gate.

Hilarious!

They didn't get rid of Tyrese. He will be back and become a big part of the group. I just think that Rick will have to be a little more in need before he comes back.

In the comics he becomes a leader of the group. I'm sure he will be some sort of leader in the series as well.

I hope so. I like him because he's a football player, so it's my two nerd universes colliding in awesome ways. I like to pretend he's Trevor Pryce. :)

ShutDownPoster
02-20-2013, 01:43 AM
Daryl is a bad-ass, they would all die without him(cue the Deliverance theme)

Heyneck
02-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Hilarious!

I hope so. I like him because he's a football player, so it's my two nerd universes colliding in awesome ways. I like to pretend he's Trevor Pryce. :)

Lol... I was thinking more about Terry Tate!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_DOm_RiklE4?list=UULjb8bPv7yU-5phGmTN8SWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LucbdkX45Mk?list=UULjb8bPv7yU-5phGmTN8SWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bacchus
02-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Hilarious!

That is what the show is missing. A Lyle Alzado, John Matuzak steroid/biker infused rage while killing zombies!!!

Requiem
02-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Episode when Carl gets his face blasted is going to be hilarious.

Kaylore
02-20-2013, 11:33 AM
That is what the show is missing. A Lyle Alzado, John Matuzak steroid/biker infused rage while killing zombies!!!

They do need that. They really have wussified several of the characters. Only Daryl still has any stones left. He's softened but in the kind of way that makes someone more awesome (fighting fFOR something) Tyreese is a bad ass in the comics. Hopefully they let him come in and be awesome.

I don't miss many things about eighties TV, but one thing I do miss is they never ruined a character. They would put them in difficult situations and sometimes even let them have vulnerable moments and grow, but they were always still awesome. a great example is Captain Picard. He was basically raped by the Borg and had all this bagage he had to deal with, but he was still awesome and even used that anger to do awesome things.

DBroncos4life
02-20-2013, 12:59 PM
They do need that. They really have wussified several of the characters. Only Daryl still has any stones left. He's softened but in the kind of way that makes someone more awesome (fighting fFOR something) Tyreese is a bad ass in the comics. Hopefully they let him come in and be awesome.

I don't miss many things about eighties TV, but one thing I do miss is they never ruined a character. They would put them in difficult situations and sometimes even let them have vulnerable moments and grow, but they were always still awesome. a great example is Captain Picard. He was basically raped by the Borg and had all this bagage he had to deal with, but he was still awesome and even used that anger to do awesome things.
I think you would like the xbox game. Lee Everett is suck a good character. Three people from the game are in the TV series, Lee, Hershel, and Lilly.

ShutDownPoster
02-21-2013, 01:59 AM

Picard wasn'nt raped you know he wanted it - I mean the way he paraded around in those hip hugging red pajamas.... Hilarious!

bronco militia
02-21-2013, 02:57 PM
this weeks zombie kill of the week...death by hatch back :militia:

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/tumblr_miekyfhZEA1qd6a26o2_500.gif

Kaylore
02-21-2013, 03:22 PM
I think you would like the xbox game. Lee Everett is suck a good character. Three people from the game are in the TV series, Lee, Hershel, and Lilly.

I play the game. I am on story number two. I love zombie stuff. I recommend Dead Island if you want the survival feel mixed with bad ass zombie killing stuff.

ShutDownPoster
02-21-2013, 07:44 PM
this weeks zombie kill of the week...death by hatch back :militia:

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/tumblr_miekyfhZEA1qd6a26o2_500.gif

Yes - the show has definitely gotten more and more 'R' rated in terms of blood and gore with each season/epsiode.

edog24
02-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Bad episode, thoughts? Singing in the prison? Where are the zombies?

TonyR
02-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Bad episode, thoughts?

IMO a "bad episode" of TWD is better than a "good episode" of just about any other show currently on TV. And until Breaking Bad and GoT (and perhaps Mad Men) start back up it's by far the best show on. Flawless? No. But great TV.

spdirty
02-26-2013, 10:15 AM
IMO a "bad episode" of TWD is better than a "good episode" of just about any other show currently on TV. And until Breaking Bad and GoT (and perhaps Mad Men) start back up it's by far the best show on. Flawless? No. But great TV.

Justified is pretty damn good. Watching Raylan and Boyd go round and round will never get old for me. Then again I like the old John Wayne/Clint Eastwood type of characters. The chemistry between those 2 just makes that show a fun ride.

It's kind of like a modern day Deadwood, just since it's on FX it has to be PG-13. Would be kinda cheesy but IMO friggin awesome if they would bring in Ian McShane to be a supervillain for a season.

As far as TWD, Rick is really getting on my nerves. This crap he's going through is going way too slow. He needs to shlt or get off the pot as far as the team leader goes. And i hope they gradually make Merle more likable. I want to like him.

But for me what saved the episode was the pet zombie trick. That's so funny. When watching that with my family I always say "Oh I want a pet zombie. Honey, if the world goes to hell like this, can I have a pet zombie?"

NickStixx
02-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Yeah Rick needs to get his head out of his ass and start manning up as the leader. Also, I can't believe Andrea couldn't just kill the Govenor... I'm so sick of that dude, he needs to die, and then the rest of the group needs to take over that town to live off the spoils.
I can't believe that group that Rick scared away by going crazy is now on the Govenor's side... that's annoying.
This season is really good though so far.

Kaylore
02-26-2013, 11:01 AM
Bad episode, thoughts? Singing in the prison? Where are the zombies?

They're obviously setting things up. That said, Andrea is ho. And they look like they are going to ruin Tyreece. It's a shame too, because one of the best characters from the book, and an ally for Rick, is going to be relegated to cannon fodder for the governor. I'm still not sure what they are doing with Michonne. I thought her confrontation of Andrea was good, but I wasn't a fan of how they reacted to Andrea and Andrea's whole deal with the governor makes her almost unbelievably stupid. I can believe that she really believes in Woodbury, and maybe even believe that she loves the Governor, but after seeing the jars, his daughter and then hearing what happened to her group, and that the evidence is pointing to him being a liar, she's either incredibly stupid, incredibly broken or the writers just want to string that out.

I hate bad writing because it takes me out of a show. I become frustrated or angry with why a writer chose to make someone do something a certain way. Or worse, I remember they are people and wonder if they were out smoking weed or getting drunk and mailed it in on that script that week. I mean everyone has had a week at their job they didn't do their best work. Writers are no different. Unfortunately shows that are really successful sometimes can fall victim to bad writing because they can get away with it.

Hopefully whatever they are setting up is worth the set up.

TonyR
02-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Justified is pretty damn good.

I've seen one episode and it was excellent. But I'm a start from the beginning kind of guy so until I have the time to go back and start from season 1, episode 1, I won't be watching it.

edog24
02-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Justified is pretty damn good. Watching Raylan and Boyd go round and round will never get old for me. Then again I like the old John Wayne/Clint Eastwood type of characters. The chemistry between those 2 just makes that show a fun ride.

It's kind of like a modern day Deadwood, just since it's on FX it has to be PG-13. Would be kinda cheesy but IMO friggin awesome if they would bring in Ian McShane to be a supervillain for a season.

As far as TWD, Rick is really getting on my nerves. This crap he's going through is going way too slow. He needs to shlt or get off the pot as far as the team leader goes. And i hope they gradually make Merle more likable. I want to like him.

But for me what saved the episode was the pet zombie trick. That's so funny. When watching that with my family I always say "Oh I want a pet zombie. Honey, if the world goes to hell like this, can I have a pet zombie?"

I loved that too. I kept thinking, why not line a bunch of those guys up as your front line chained together and just move through the forest?

edog24
02-26-2013, 11:37 AM
They're obviously setting things up. That said, Andrea is ho. And they look like they are going to ruin Tyreece. It's a shame too, because one of the best characters from the book, and an ally for Rick, is going to be relegated to cannon fodder for the governor. I'm still not sure what they are doing with Michonne. I thought her confrontation of Andrea was good, but I wasn't a fan of how they reacted to Andrea and Andrea's whole deal with the governor makes her almost unbelievably stupid. I can believe that she really believes in Woodbury, and maybe even believe that she loves the Governor, but after seeing the jars, his daughter and then hearing what happened to her group, and that the evidence is pointing to him being a liar, she's either incredibly stupid, incredibly broken or the writers just want to string that out.

I hate bad writing because it takes me out of a show. I become frustrated or angry with why a writer chose to make someone do something a certain way. Or worse, I remember they are people and wonder if they were out smoking weed or getting drunk and mailed it in on that script that week. I mean everyone has had a week at their job they didn't do their best work. Writers are no different. Unfortunately shows that are really successful sometimes can fall victim to bad writing because they can get away with it.

Hopefully whatever they are setting up is worth the set up.

Nice writeup, I am looking forward to next week for sure. I am holding out hope that Tyreese is still actually working for Rick's group? Unlikely I know, but I would like to see some new leaders stay in the crew. I just wish they would focus more on both groups having to deal with the walkers- going on runs, etc, rather than this huge prison vs. Woodbury war they are building to.

spdirty
02-26-2013, 11:42 AM
I've seen one episode and it was excellent. But I'm a start from the beginning kind of guy so until I have the time to go back and start from season 1, episode 1, I won't be watching it.

Yeah im the same way. My old man going on and on for 2 years about how i need to watch and i wasnt going to pick it up where it was. I bought the seasons on amazon instant video for like $18 a season. I started watching it 2 weeks ago and I'm caught up. Now it sucks that I have to wait a week between episodes.

Requiem
02-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Michonne and Andrea kiss scene please!!!!

Bacchus
02-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Nice writeup, I am looking forward to next week for sure. I am holding out hope that Tyreese is still actually working for Rick's group? Unlikely I know, but I would like to see some new leaders stay in the crew. I just wish they would focus more on both groups having to deal with the walkers- going on runs, etc, rather than this huge prison vs. Woodbury war they are building to.

I like how people are hating on the writing and Tyreese, they'll just feel a little more foolish when Tyreese joins Rick's side after his group finds out the dirty little secrets of the Governor.

Boobs McGee
02-26-2013, 12:14 PM
I like how people are hating on the writing and Tyreese, they'll just feel a little more foolish when Tyreese joins Rick's side after his group finds out the dirty little secrets of the Governor.

To me it seems like Tyreese and his wife are going to have a come to Jesus moment, while the other guy and his kid are going to fall under the government's spell.

Andrea is pissing me off, but my prediction is that she ends up killing the governor somehow...possibly joining back up with the group at the last second, and then having a showdown between the two?

Looks like Rick is finally realizing that he isn't in the state of mind to lead, and I'd be pretty stoked with Daryl as the new leader. Merle looks like he's actually changing his colors!

TonyR
02-26-2013, 12:14 PM
I am holding out hope that Tyreese is still actually working for Rick's group?

Well, he's not "working for Rick's group" now but it's probably fair to assume he may end up being a "good guy" before all is said and done.

Bacchus
02-26-2013, 12:20 PM
To me it seems like Tyreese and his wife are going to have a come to Jesus moment, while the other guy and his kid are going to fall under the government's spell.

Andrea is pissing me off, but my prediction is that she ends up killing the governor somehow...possibly joining back up with the group at the last second, and then having a showdown between the two?

Looks like Rick is finally realizing that he isn't in the state of mind to lead, and I'd be pretty stoked with Daryl as the new leader. Merle looks like he's actually changing his colors!

That is exactly what is going to happen. Tyreese and his wife will fight their way out of there only to meet up with Rick and his group.

Kaylore
02-26-2013, 12:40 PM

You could just sack up and call me by name since I'm the only one who has mentioned him. And I didn't hate on Tyreese. I did say it was unfortunate they turned him around. I think Tyreece going to Woodbury was, in terms of writing, one of the more logical conclusions. They find the prison and Rick comes off as bat-**** crazy and tells them to leave. Then they find what appears to be a stable community that confirms their experiences at the prison - that Rick is crazy. I suppose if they find out what a tool the Governor is they could turn it around, but why they would flee back to the prison is beyond me.

My beef with the writing is how stupid Andrea, and her whole situation, is.

oubronco
02-26-2013, 12:46 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/WhiteWolfe/Emoticons/homoswitch.gif

Requiem
02-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Having Tyreese and his group go to Woodbury is just to keep people who are avid fans of the comic on edge because they know Tyreese's role and relationship with Rick is very solid. I thought it was a good drama spin on the episode when they camea cross Andrea and nerdman in the woods. Good episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Requiem
02-26-2013, 12:48 PM

She is playing the dumb blonde role well, Kaylore. :~ohyah!:

Kaylore
02-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Having Tyreese and his group go to Woodbury is just to keep people who are avid fans of the comic on edge because they know Tyreese's role and relationship with Rick is very solid. I thought it was a good drama spin on the episode when they camea cross Andrea and nerdman in the woods. Good episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They do that quite a bit to fans of the comic. Like the not-rape scene with Maggie was pretty tense because in the comic he raped Michonne. There are also funny little homages they do to the comic.

I will say the Dixon brothers are one of the best things about the show and they obviously aren't comic characters at all.

Ray Finkle
02-26-2013, 01:33 PM
I've loved the comic and sat through the first few seasons without comment....

however, the last three shows have been hard to stomach. They've changed things for the sake of changing. The Tyreese/Governor scene pretty much as me on the edge of becoming anti-WD. They have screwed up some many of the great dynamics that made the comic awesome.

Blueflame
02-26-2013, 02:25 PM
You could just sack up and call me by name since I'm the only one who has mentioned him. And I didn't hate on Tyreese. I did say it was unfortunate they turned him around. I think Tyreece going to Woodbury was, in terms of writing, one of the more logical conclusions. They find the prison and Rick comes off as bat-**** crazy and tells them to leave. Then they find what appears to be a stable community that confirms their experiences at the prison - that Rick is crazy. I suppose if they find out what a tool the Governor is they could turn it around, but why they would flee back to the prison is beyond me.

This isn't the first time Andrea's been stupid where men are concerned though... back at the farmhouse, she was thinking Shane was a better choice as the leader than Rick. She means well but has a weakness for the bad guys and/or poor judgment regarding a man's true character. Shane and the governor were very much the same in that their own self-interests would trump absolutely everything else.

As for Tyreese, he doesn't really know Rick; hasn't yet seen his good side. All he has seen is a mentally-unstable man who refused to help them when they desperately needed shelter and turned them away to possibly die. It's just human nature to resent something like that. And the governor is highly skilled at appearing to be good and kind even though his true nature is the polar opposite... he has a whole town fooled and by appearances, has had them "under his spell" for quite some time; to the point that they don't even question his lies and will go and wage war for no other reason than he said to.

Bacchus
02-26-2013, 03:00 PM

LOL... you caught that huh:giggle:

I wouldn't call Andrea too stupid. Hell, she has a safe environment and lots of luxeries. Why should she trade that if for Rick's situation?

Survival of the fittest.

ShutDownPoster
02-26-2013, 03:32 PM
I just want to see Andrea full-frontal in all her MILFY glory.

TonyR
02-26-2013, 03:51 PM
^ Good post, Blue. I think you nailed it. Add to it that Andrea is looking for some kind of normalcy and intimacy. She thought she found it with the Governor and now she's having a hard time letting go of it even though doubts are starting to come out as evidenced by the knife scene.

Also, someone told me the Governor was awake and saw what Andrea was thinking of doing. I didn't notice this. Did I miss it or was I misinformed?

cutthemdown
02-26-2013, 04:10 PM
It's believable that someone could say we thought by studying the heads, studying zombies we could find a cure. So that could explain that part for Andrea to hold on that the Governor isnt a lunatic. She's only now figuring out that the Governor probably started the confrontation with her old group. But in the old group her friend Shane got killed by Rick so she isn't probably convinced Rick is always telling the truth.

Also the reason for Merle taking Glenn can be explained that he is crazy and wanted to find his brother. Governor can sort of not take full responsiblity for that either.

Woodbury seems like it could work to Andrea and IMO her behavoir isn't that hard to understand.

Tyrese got introduced a little different for the comic storyline. I think it's almost a 100% certainty he rejoins ricks group at some point and becomes a co leader of the group. Rick probably still hasn't fully snapped and when he does the Governor is going to wish he had never ****ed with him.

cutthemdown
02-26-2013, 04:11 PM
I thought Andrea was treated poorly because in reality Rick goes back for his bitch, or his son, but had no problem leaving Andrea.

Kaylore
02-26-2013, 05:55 PM
It's believable that someone could say we thought by studying the heads, studying zombies we could find a cure. So that could explain that part for Andrea to hold on that the Governor isnt a lunatic. She's only now figuring out that the Governor probably started the confrontation with her old group. But in the old group her friend Shane got killed by Rick so she isn't probably convinced Rick is always telling the truth.

Also the reason for Merle taking Glenn can be explained that he is crazy and wanted to find his brother. Governor can sort of not take full responsiblity for that either.

Woodbury seems like it could work to Andrea and IMO her behavoir isn't that hard to understand.

Tyrese got introduced a little different for the comic storyline. I think it's almost a 100% certainty he rejoins ricks group at some point and becomes a co leader of the group. Rick probably still hasn't fully snapped and when he does the Governor is going to wish he had never ****ed with him.

I agree with most of this except for abandoning Michonne. We don't know what they went through together, but she brought her back from death and kept her alive. And even if she has a stink with Rick - especially after finding out he killed Shane - the rest of the group is good people. And she knew what Shane was capable of.

I do agree that the Governor is asking for it with Rick. I think of Rick with those wanderers in Herschel's bar. He killed both those guys in about three seconds without blinking and Glenn and even Herschel, who abhors violence, were like "....so what's next, Rick?" The dude's wife is dead and he's probably going to blow up. Whether that means before or after he loses his arm, I have no idea.

ShutDownPoster
02-26-2013, 05:59 PM
I have to admit I have never read the comic so I cannot comment, but having said that some things - maybe even major things will not translate to a TV show for whatever reason...budget, schedule, ratings, censors, etc etc.

Obviously there is some piss poor writing going on, but I have sustained my disbelief and have bought into the world they created for AMC. At first I was quite skeptical as I was not digging Andrew Lincoln as an actor but he has since grown on me - but ever since he had his 'Brad Pitt - that's not my wife's head in the box' moment of hysteria, they need to get rid of this Margot Kidder crazy spell.

I think the 12-13 episode arc is perfect for TV, as it allows more thought to go into story progression. Anything more or less tends to be super fast or drag on endlessly. For example, last season or Breaking Bad's 8 episode arc was not working and felt out of place for that show. But even shows with good creative teams, its a lot to ask for a full season above 12-13 episodes - not every one can be 'good' and shows start to repeat themselves and get into cliche. It's like watching a cop show - then eventually they run out of storylines and the 'Asian gang episode' pops up.

For TWD, most of the core characters have been killed off, there was a lot of tension within the group so the writers had 'more to work with' - and they were all in the same place and they had time to grow. It's not 'choppy' like OK, lets go to Woodbury, then Ok let's go to Tyrese' group in the woods, lets go to Andrea and Michonne, etc. They have also changed the show runners twice now, so that has a lot to do with the writing quality - hence as I mentioned in a previous post the increase in the gore factor as seasons progressed.

That's my two bits for now - well at least Justified is still good, and coming into it's own.

Bacchus
02-26-2013, 06:01 PM

Good point on Rick killing Shane probably threw her for a loop. Her and Shane were close, her and Rick uh not so much.

Kaylore
02-27-2013, 06:58 AM
MyMind, I got your rep about my leaking spoilers for the comic. First, I wasn't trying to spill the beans. It actually came up several pages ago so the cat was out of the bag. Second, there are already huge differences between the comic and the show. For example, Carol and Tyreece have a relationship on the farm. And sophia doesn't die or become a zombie. And the Dixon brothers don't exist. Rick should have already lost his hand. Will he lose a hand? I have no idea.

I suppose something could be said for those who are reading the comic, so I'll try not to divulge too much, but I don't think it's a "spoiler" pointing out differences from the comic. I honestly have no idea if Rick is going to lose his hand or any appendage or organ. I don't believe theorizing he might because of what happened in the comic is a spoiler though, since I honestly have no idea. I do apologize for divulging the comic, though. The Game of Thrones thread has a bit of overlap and people are more careful in that one, so I understand.

Blueflame
02-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Good point on Rick killing Shane probably threw her for a loop. Her and Shane were close, her and Rick uh not so much.

Lori was entirely responsible for the Rick/Shane showdown, as she kept sending mixed messages (one time she'd insist that the baby was Rick's; but then she had the private meeting with Shane where she hinted that it was Shane's). The flirtatious way she behaved in that meeting with Shane was an overt "come-on" rather than what one would expect from a married woman who was trying to cool things down with her still-enamored former lover after finding out she wasn't widowed after all. And Shane wasn't mentally or emotionally stable either... the setting up of the plot to kill Rick (and lay the blame on the young kid they were holding in the barn) wasn't the action of a sane man. Shane gave Rick no choice; it was kill or be killed and that fact was spelled out to Andrea when she asked about Shane.

The fact that Rick & Lori's marriage was in trouble from the first episode of the show... then she slept with his best friend almost instantly after being told he was dead, which ruined Rick & Shane's formerly-close friendship... and was in frequent conflict with Rick throughout her pregnancy... makes the whole "seeing Lori's ghost" silliness seem even more absurd. Maybe if they'd been characterized as a devoted, faithful, working-together-as-a-team married couple who always had each other's back, the "Rick is insane after losing his wife" angle might have worked somewhat. As it is, it's just annoying and unrealistic from the perspective of them being barely on speaking terms in their last interaction before her death. It would be far more believable for the kid to be acting crazy with having to shoot his mother after she "turned".

cutthemdown
02-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Comics only give a glimpse and dont spoil anything because its much different. I heard in the comics Tyrese and Carol get a thing going on etc etc which i just don't see comin in this version.

The comics do give a glimpse of things you might see, characters etc etc. But I don't think it says what those characters will do, or if they die etc.

It could be an end of the season thing where Tyrese and Rick end up aligned but it seems logical it will happen.

ShutDownPoster
02-28-2013, 03:25 AM
As I stated before , they have 16 epsiodes, so need to draaaag every storyline out to the max.

Kaylore
02-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Lori was entirely responsible for the Rick/Shane showdown, as she kept sending mixed messages (one time she'd insist that the baby was Rick's; but then she had the private meeting with Shane where she hinted that it was Shane's). The flirtatious way she behaved in that meeting with Shane was an overt "come-on" rather than what one would expect from a married woman who was trying to cool things down with her still-enamored former lover after finding out she wasn't widowed after all. And Shane wasn't mentally or emotionally stable either... the setting up of the plot to kill Rick (and lay the blame on the young kid they were holding in the barn) wasn't the action of a sane man. Shane gave Rick no choice; it was kill or be killed and that fact was spelled out to Andrea when she asked about Shane.

The fact that Rick & Lori's marriage was in trouble from the first episode of the show... then she slept with his best friend almost instantly after being told he was dead, which ruined Rick & Shane's formerly-close friendship... and was in frequent conflict with Rick throughout her pregnancy... makes the whole "seeing Lori's ghost" silliness seem even more absurd. Maybe if they'd been characterized as a devoted, faithful, working-together-as-a-team married couple who always had each other's back, the "Rick is insane after losing his wife" angle might have worked somewhat. As it is, it's just annoying and unrealistic from the perspective of them being barely on speaking terms in their last interaction before her death. It would be far more believable for the kid to be acting crazy with having to shoot his mother after she "turned".

I kind of see your point, but I'm going to stick up for Lori a bit here. First she was with Shane quite some time before they started shtoinking. And she really though her husband was dead and the world ended. She was friends with Shane before. Was she not supposed to get close to anyone until some period of mourning ended for Rick? As SOON as Rick showed up it was over and you could tell she felt enormous guilt and shame toward herself and Shane for what happened.

As for the dialogue at the wind mill, I thought she was finally making peace with Shane. She'd been hostile toward him pretty much the entire time and I thought felt her perceived ingratitude and anger may have been pushing Shane off the edge. So she apologized and thanked him for all he had done to help her and her sone. And the baby could be Shane's! No one has a 24/7 post apacalyptic DNA lab open. Aknowledging that isn't bad form, it's a reality that all three people had to deal with. I'll agree the conversation obviously pushed him over the edge, but I don't think she went there to "flirt" back into a frenzy. I think she went apologize and make peace with Shane, even if things were over. She probably thought it would help and not send him off the deep end.

As for their marital problems and how that should have lessened the blow to Rick's psyche, I partiall agree and partially don't. I think Lori dying was the final straw of repeated defeats they had been suffering that Rick was shouldering ALL the blame for. (SPOILERS) Losing Sophia was the start of a huge guilt trip, followed by Dale, Herschel's family, the Farm, Andrea, T-dog and then his wife. I do agree the whole "I'm going to make out with ghosts" thing is incredibly stupid. You want him to have a nervous break down, fine. But a borderline catatonic haze where you make out with your wife on a log is really stupid and the fact it's gone on for a quarter of the season is really stupid. It feels like fill time for the writers.

I will say this, Blue. You aren't the only person who watches the show who found Lori annoying. She didn't bug me as much.

Kaylore
02-28-2013, 07:11 AM
Can someone explain to me how the spoiler tag works?

BroncoInferno
02-28-2013, 07:23 AM

The ghost deal is a manifestation of Rick's guilt that he wasn't on good terms with Lori at the time of her death, not because he misses his loving, faithful wife so much. I think you have to look at it from that angle.

Kaylore
02-28-2013, 07:39 AM
The ghost deal is a manifestation of Rick's guilt that he wasn't on good terms with Lori at the time of her death, not because he misses his loving, faithful wife so much. I think you have to look at it from that angle.

Exactly. And not just guilt with her, but guilt for everything he's shouldered as the leader.

pricejj
02-28-2013, 08:05 AM
If I was barely surviving in post-apocalyptic zombie Georgia, and my wife just died giving birth to our baby, who fills the prison I'm living in with cries every night, guaranteed I would be having emotional problems dealing with it. My mind would cling to anything I had in life before that was good...and my wife calling my name in lingerie would be on top of that list.

As for the whole "it's Lori's fault" argument for Shane being a complete whackjob. That isn't true either. Dale caught Shane aiming his rifle at Rick early on when they were camped out at the rock quarry. Shane could have went for Andrea (who liked him), but didn't. He was always a bad seed who would turn on anyone for any reason. He had alienated everyone in the group (except Andrea and Lori) with his back-stabbing ways, before finally challenging Rick to a duel.

ghwk
02-28-2013, 09:26 AM
This weeks episode was a yawner (just watched it last night). Seriously, Andrea knifing the governor was supposed to solve everything? How? It was a stupid suggestion. It's not like the town was going to look to her to lead, they'd lynch her for murder.

Only thing that happened was the Governor got the night of his life.

Bronco Yoda
02-28-2013, 12:01 PM
They should have never killed off Shane. Just have him seem to have been killed and or missing.

He would have been the perfect overriding arch enemy ever lurking in the shadows, scheming in seclusion , and occasionally throwing monkey wrenches at the group without the group knowing who's the culprit. And after Lori died, his character could have really gone off the deep end with an overriding madness to get his child back and going from harassing the group to bent on completely destroying the group in sadistic and twisted ways that would make the Governor blush. After all the worst enemies are usually the ones who truly know you and then betray you.

g6matty
02-28-2013, 12:56 PM
who here would have sex with a zombie

cutthemdown
02-28-2013, 01:42 PM
who here would have sex with a zombie

Hell who here hasn't?

ghwk
02-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Hell who here hasn't?

The girls? I'm not sure there is zombie men sex (nor do i intend to find out), but there is surely zombie women sex.

Blueflame
02-28-2013, 02:24 PM
I kind of see your point, but I'm going to stick up for Lori a bit here. First she was with Shane quite some time before they started shtoinking. And she really though her husband was dead and the world ended. She was friends with Shane before. Was she not supposed to get close to anyone until some period of mourning ended for Rick? As SOON as Rick showed up it was over and you could tell she felt enormous guilt and shame toward herself and Shane for what happened.

As for the dialogue at the wind mill, I thought she was finally making peace with Shane. She'd been hostile toward him pretty much the entire time and I thought felt her perceived ingratitude and anger may have been pushing Shane off the edge. So she apologized and thanked him for all he had done to help her and her sone. And the baby could be Shane's! No one has a 24/7 post apacalyptic DNA lab open. Aknowledging that isn't bad form, it's a reality that all three people had to deal with. I'll agree the conversation obviously pushed him over the edge, but I don't think she went there to "flirt" back into a frenzy. I think she went apologize and make peace with Shane, even if things were over. She probably thought it would help and not send him off the deep end.

As for their marital problems and how that should have lessened the blow to Rick's psyche, I partiall agree and partially don't. I think Lori dying was the final straw of repeated defeats they had been suffering that Rick was shouldering ALL the blame for. (SPOILERS) Losing Sophia was the start of a huge guilt trip, followed by Dale, Herschel's family, the Farm, Andrea, T-dog and then his wife. I do agree the whole "I'm going to make out with ghosts" thing is incredibly stupid. You want him to have a nervous break down, fine. But a borderline catatonic haze where you make out with your wife on a log is really stupid and the fact it's gone on for a quarter of the season is really stupid. It feels like fill time for the writers.

I will say this, Blue. You aren't the only person who watches the show who found Lori annoying. She didn't bug me as much.

It seemed to me that Shane had had a "thing" for Lori from the very start... and while the odds were heavily against Rick's survival after being abandoned while comatose in a hospital overrun with zombies, Shane deliberately and intentionally used the situation to his own advantage because it did seem that maybe she wouldn't have slept with him if she'd known there was any chance at all that Rick had survived.

The source of my annoyance with Lori actually isn't Shane or the affair... it's that it has seemed that no one was ever... ever... watching that kid and for both parents (but particularly for his mother since his Dad had so many other responsibilities for the entire group) ensuring his safety (IMO) "should" have been the primary concern in everything, at all times; a child that young shouldn't have been allowed to wander around the woods alone with a gun taunting zombies who are stuck in the mud. Especially after it's known that another child who was separated from the adults (Sophia)... hadn't made it and was among the zombies in the barn. That... and she was a nagging shrew. Inattentive parent + nagging shrew = "difficult to like the character".

Perhaps it's because the writers didn't give much attention to the mother/son relationship, but it seemed like Carl's relationship with Lori... much like Rick's... wasn't particularly close. And if having to shoot her bothered Carl, there hasn't yet been any indication of it and that kinda bothers me too. There's something troubling... a hint of sociopathy... in a kid that age who can shoot his own mother (even if he is just eliminating a threat to the group) and not be extremely traumatized.

Totally agree that Rick's been shouldering too much responsibility for too long and that's why he's starting to "crack" under the pressure. That storyline's gone on so long though that the viewing audience is pretty much universally finding it "annoying" (the consensus on "The Talking Dead" was how irritating Rick's behavior in last week's episode was). It's going to alienate viewers if they don't move on to something else soon. :)

Johnykbr
02-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Hell who here hasn't?

One and done deal for me...they just get too handsy and clingy.

Kaylore
02-28-2013, 02:54 PM
It seemed to me that Shane had had a "thing" for Lori from the very start... and while the odds were heavily against Rick's survival after being abandoned while comatose in a hospital overrun with zombies, Shane deliberately and intentionally used the situation to his own advantage because it did seem that maybe she wouldn't have slept with him if she'd known there was any chance at all that Rick had survived.

The source of my annoyance with Lori actually isn't Shane or the affair... it's that it has seemed that no one was ever... ever... watching that kid and for both parents (but particularly for his mother since his Dad had so many other responsibilities for the entire group) ensuring his safety (IMO) "should" have been the primary concern in everything, at all times; a child that young shouldn't have been allowed to wander around the woods alone with a gun taunting zombies who are stuck in the mud. Especially after it's known that another child who was separated from the adults (Sophia)... hadn't made it and was among the zombies in the barn. That... and she was a nagging shrew. Inattentive parent + nagging shrew = "difficult to like the character".

Perhaps it's because the writers didn't give much attention to the mother/son relationship, but it seemed like Carl's relationship with Lori... much like Rick's... wasn't particularly close. And if having to shoot her bothered Carl, there hasn't yet been any indication of it and that kinda bothers me too. There's something troubling... a hint of sociopathy... in a kid that age who can shoot his own mother (even if he is just eliminating a threat to the group) and not be extremely traumatized.

Totally agree that Rick's been shouldering too much responsibility for too long and that's why he's starting to "crack" under the pressure. That storyline's gone on so long though that the viewing audience is pretty much universally finding it "annoying" (the consensus on "The Talking Dead" was how irritating Rick's behavior in last week's episode was). It's going to alienate viewers if they don't move on to something else soon. :)

I could see that. Carl randomly showing up at absurd times got really old at the end of last season. Carl's at the barn. Carl is seeing the guy get tortured. Carl is at the execution. Somehow, Carl is not magically seeing Shane get shanked. That's lazy writing.

As for shooting his mom, I felt that was Carl growing up more than sociopathy. He's seen so many people die that (sadly) that's the world they live in and Carl knows that.

pricejj
02-28-2013, 03:16 PM
If I have to watch Andrea and the Governor making out one more time, I'm going to go to Woodbury and finish it myself.

Blueflame
02-28-2013, 03:48 PM
I could see that. Carl randomly showing up at absurd times got really old at the end of last season. Carl's at the barn. Carl is seeing the guy get tortured. Carl is at the execution. Somehow, Carl is not magically seeing Shane get shanked. That's lazy writing.

As for shooting his mom, I felt that was Carl growing up more than sociopathy. He's seen so many people die that (sadly) that's the world they live in and Carl knows that.

If they'd had Carl showing up randomly with an adult or something it would have been more believable than for him to just suddenly be there alone. It gave the impression that no one knew or cared where he went or what he was doing.

Growing up in a world where death had become so commonplace would tend to make a kid hardened to harsh realities and prepared to do what had to be done, regardless of who it was. He'd have to mentally block the normal human emotions and dispassionately deal with the threat. I just find it incongruous that Rick... an adult who wasn't there when she died (and didn't experience the sight of the blood and gore)... would suffer a mental/emotional breakdown while her child who watched his mother be sliced open to deliver the baby, die, and turn into a zombie that he had to shoot (that would have killed him if he didn't shoot her)... is seemingly just fine. Carl doesn't seem to have much of an emotional bond with anyone, although there has been a hint that he might be developing a bit of an adolescent crush on Beth. The show's writers have devoted a lot of time (in some cases like the ghost stuff, way too much time) to Rick's (and a few other characters') complex emotional reactions and grappling with moral and ethical issues and such. But while Carl's a major part of the story, they really haven't examined how his experiences have changed and shaped him.

broncolife
02-28-2013, 05:45 PM
My question is Lori really dead? I know everything points to her being dead but we never saw the body or her get shot. Also Carol who was practicing how to do c-section was missing at the same time. She could have found her and with movie magic patched her up, then for some reason Lori tells Carol not to tell anyone while she healing up. Hey anything possible with zombies roaming around :)

broncolife
02-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Also Carl seems to be roaming freely as ever. He was the only one guarding the prison why everyone was listening to beths singing.

broncosteven
02-28-2013, 06:06 PM
I keep watching hoping it will get better, they brought in the Gov's group at the right time, I was losing interest fast, then of course he has to be insane and host zombie fight nights, which caused me to lose interest again.

I would think at this point we would have to see some form of military presence again. They had the choppers crash and the unit the Gov's group mowed down but I would think that if the Gov's group has a generator their should be some radio or even TV communication being broadcast, good or bad.

Wouldn't one want to make their way to a military base or even setup a HAM radio and try to share info?

I get the terror and staying alive aspects. You would think there would be more outposts setup like the Gov's where people are lead by sane people and are able to live in well guarded compounds and grow food and make ammo and the stuff they need to keep living.

I would think people would be doing anything they could to clear the highways and destroy as many Zombies as they could and work together. Hell lure as many into a field as you can with some meat and then set fire to them or something. I would think the prision would have been a good place to hole up. I would also be trying to add people to the group at all costs. They need people power.

It is not like the Zombies are smart and able to plan attacks. They are just roaming around. Plus I would think as time went on the elements and their own hunger would have dwindled their ranks.

TomServo
03-03-2013, 12:50 AM
i just watched "The Mist" on Syfy(hate that name) how did half the original cast from walking dead come from that movie?

ShutDownPoster
03-03-2013, 02:04 AM
i just watched "The Mist" on Syfy(hate that name) how did half the original cast from walking dead come from that movie?

Frank Darabont perhaps

McDman
03-03-2013, 07:00 AM

That movie was surprisingly good. The ending is so different from the book, when I saw it I didn't even know what to think. It was so depressing.

Bacchus
03-03-2013, 04:49 PM
The Walking Dead is winning its time slot.

During its run last fall, “The Walking Dead” was the highest-rated show among viewers 18 to 49, the most-sought age group, with a bigger audience than network winners like “The Big Bang Theory,” “American Idol,” “The Voice” and “Modern Family.”

Now the zombies are back for the second half of the show’s third season, and they continue to gnaw on everything in their path, including the broadcast networks’ historical claim to being the only place to find a mass audience. Three weeks ago, the zombies owned Sunday night, attracting 7.7 million viewers in the 18 to 49 range, more than any broadcast show in the land.

It gets better (or worse, if you are a network). AMC has a spinoff chat show about zombies called “The Talking Dead,” and even that is making waves. That same Sunday three weeks ago, “The Talking Dead” drew almost 2.8 million viewers ages 18 to 49, trumping NBC not just for the night, but for all of February.

Rest of article here: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/04/business/media/walking-dead-helps-solidify-amcs-ratings-success.html?partner=yahoofinance&_r=0

McDman
03-03-2013, 09:33 PM
I like this show but it never lived up to the potential that the pilot episode had. The writing went down hill so fast and they made so many characters unlikeable. Rightnow I only care about Daryl and Carl.

Carl is actually becoming so much better than he used to be. During th elast episode when everyone was listening t the girl sing he was guarding the prison. This episode he pops a guy without thinking about i. I really hope they continue with his path to being a bad ass.

cutthemdown
03-04-2013, 02:18 AM
Tonights episode was great but it sucked to finally find Morgan only for it not to be a happy ending where he joins the group. Then at the end when they were driving back I started thinking i bet they find the backpacker/surivivor guy and Rick brings him in because he is feeling more open now that Michonne and Carl seemed to have bonded. But lol not in Walking Dead world lol he was dead and they just snatch up his pack.

great episode and I think the writing is better then ever. Also obviously rick just suffered the injury that will take his arm. Most likely that will be the finale this season. Rick having his arm cut off.

TonyR
03-04-2013, 08:52 AM
...it sucked to finally find Morgan only for it not to be a happy ending...

The Walking Dead isn't about "happy endings". If you want those you should be watching Lifetime. That or going to a "massage parlor"...

Requiem
03-04-2013, 08:59 AM
I was excited to see that Morgan's character was brought back in. I hope there are plans to keep him in the fold as the series continues because he stays in the comics for quite some time. But since he didn't come with them right now, it is already different than how it initially was in the comics. :)

DBroncos4life
03-04-2013, 09:03 AM
OK so you lasted this long in a zombie apocalypse yet you are going to run screaming at a car for miles and drawing attention to yourself?

TonyR
03-04-2013, 09:06 AM
OK so you lasted this long in a zombie apocalypse yet you are going to run screaming at a car for miles and drawing attention to yourself?

Yes. Desperation. Probably been a long time since he'd seen other people to possibly help him. Not really all that outlandish.

DBroncos4life
03-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Yes. Desperation. Probably been a long time since he'd seen other people to possibly help him. Not really all that outlandish.

Sorry I think it is. By now he would know what to do to continue to live.

Requiem
03-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Sorry I think it is. By now he would know what to do to continue to live.

He could have not seen another human in weeks and was in awe at the possibility that he could be rescued by people he assumed to be in a similar position. :afro:

winstoncup bronco
03-04-2013, 10:39 AM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/208584_172649612883946_1593987524_n.jpg

broncolife
03-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Carl wanders off again. hmmm didnt see that coming

broncolife
03-04-2013, 01:15 PM
I found it hilarious one nut was giving advise to another nut

broncolife
03-04-2013, 01:24 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/208584_172649612883946_1593987524_n.jpg

Correct, but a better mom would have biatch slap that little punk for risking lives and brought him back to his father instead following him around like a lost puppy. Of course, a minute later he would left again :)

broncolife
03-04-2013, 01:26 PM
I love how Rick doesnt trust Michone to leave with the group, but he has no problem letting her go with his son.

bronco militia
03-04-2013, 01:30 PM
I love how Rick doesnt trust Michone to leave with the group, but he has no problem letting her go with his son.

that's what last nights episode was about. Did you just start watching the show?

broncolife
03-04-2013, 01:32 PM
I was excited to see that Morgan's character was brought back in. I hope there are plans to keep him in the fold as the series continues because he stays in the comics for quite some time. But since he didn't come with them right now, it is already different than how it initially was in the comics. :)

I never read the comics but I have been waiting for him to come back. I saw the guy sniping in the previews and just knew it was him so I was excited to see this episode. Of course that all went away when he went all Rick(nuts) on us. I hope he does come back and clears his head like Daryl did.

broncolife
03-04-2013, 01:38 PM
that's what last nights episode was about. Did you just start watching the show? If you dont trust someone you dont send them off with your kid to see if they are trustworthy. Michonne could kill that little twerp in a couple seconds.

broncolife
03-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Comics only give a glimpse and dont spoil anything because its much different. I heard in the comics Tyrese and Carol get a thing going on etc etc which i just don't see comin in this version.

The comics do give a glimpse of things you might see, characters etc etc. But I don't think it says what those characters will do, or if they die etc.

It could be an end of the season thing where Tyrese and Rick end up aligned but it seems logical it will happen.

Havent read the comics, but do you guys think its possible Daryl is taking Tyrese spot or is Tyrese character to big to be replaced?

Requiem
03-04-2013, 02:09 PM
I never read the comics but I have been waiting for him to come back. I saw the guy sniping in the previews and just knew it was him so I was excited to see this episode. Of course that all went away when he went all Rick(nuts) on us. I hope he does come back and clears his head like Daryl did.

That guy is a GOOD actor. His character in Jericho RULED.

DBroncos4life
03-04-2013, 02:22 PM
He could have not seen another human in weeks and was in awe at the possibility that he could be rescued by people he assumed to be in a similar position. :afro:

I think the dream of them rescuing him should have died when they drove right on by. ;D

cutthemdown
03-04-2013, 02:37 PM
The Walking Dead isn't about "happy endings". If you want those you should be watching Lifetime. That or going to a "massage parlor"...

Did i say i was dissapointed or wished it had been different?

broncolife
03-04-2013, 03:14 PM
That guy is a GOOD actor. His character in Jericho RULED.

Yeah, I watched Jericho too and thats the reason I wanted to see more of him in this series.

Kaylore
03-04-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm late to the party. Just watched the episode tonight. We were in the ER with our daughter til after midnight last night. She's fine. Just a huge fever and on a drug regimen.

ANYWAY. I liked this episode. I agree with a lot of what has already been posted. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the chemistry with Michonne, Rick and Carl. Michonne is hot and would be an awesome mom, especially in these circumstances. I'd love to see a romance that you can root for and not roll your eyes at in this show.

ShutDownPoster
03-04-2013, 08:27 PM
I'm late to the party. Just watched the episode tonight. We were in the ER with our daughter til after midnight last night. She's fine. Just a huge fever and on a drug regimen.

ANYWAY. I liked this episode. I agree with a lot of what has already been posted. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the chemistry with Michonne, Rick and Carl. Michonne is hot and would be an awesome mom, especially in these circumstances. I'd love to see a romance that you can root for and not roll your eyes at in this show.

Interesting take - would love to see Rick express some Jungle Feeva, and Michonne going after Rick's katana? Hmmm...

SonOfLe-loLang
03-04-2013, 09:47 PM

Good to hear your daughters ok!

This was the first episode of WD i think I ever liked. First one that didnt feel cliche to me.

cutthemdown
03-04-2013, 09:54 PM
If you dont trust someone you dont send them off with your kid to see if they are trustworthy. Michonne could kill that little twerp in a couple seconds.

He trusted already she wasn't really a killer of innocents just for kicks. I think mainly he doesn't trust her following orders, or not killing Merle. The main reason for taking her along IMO. I think as far as worrying about Michonne killing his boy that is a reach. She hasn't shown to be that heartless. Emotionless yes but not sociopathic like Merle.

But looks like her and Carl have bonded and that is a good thing for Michonne.

cutthemdown
03-04-2013, 09:57 PM
I thought best part of the episode was how ricks decision not to pick up strangers showed that guy dead at the end. Its showing that even though its harder then ever to trust people, without it you are dead. By yourself you aren't going to survive.

people say that character running after car was a reach. But what if you had not seen people with cars and safety in a long time. What if you were ready to just kill yourself rather then face ****ed up zombie world alone? You might run after a car begging them to stop.

Kaylore
03-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Good to hear your daughters ok!

This was the first episode of WD i think I ever liked. First one that didnt feel cliche to me.

This was a good one. There was a lot going on. In a way, Rick was trying to save himself by talking to the man he very likely could be if things continue.

cutthemdown
03-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Havent read the comics, but do you guys think its possible Daryl is taking Tyrese spot or is Tyrese character to big to be replaced?

i don't think so. I think in the end the Tyrese character will be huge. Maybe not fully until next season though.

Bacchus
03-05-2013, 01:01 AM
He trusted already she wasn't really a killer of innocents just for kicks. I think mainly he doesn't trust her following orders, or not killing Merle. The main reason for taking her along IMO. I think as far as worrying about Michonne killing his boy that is a reach. She hasn't shown to be that heartless. Emotionless yes but not sociopathic like Merle.

But looks like her and Carl have bonded and that is a good thing for Michonne.

Yeah, I agree, he new she would be a good warior to take with him but he also knew if he left her there she might go and cut Merle's head off, which would have been funny.

She is awesome, my favorite character. I'll be pissed when she dies.

DBroncos4life
03-05-2013, 07:08 AM
I thought best part of the episode was how ricks decision not to pick up strangers showed that guy dead at the end. Its showing that even though its harder then ever to trust people, without it you are dead. By yourself you aren't going to survive.

people say that character running after car was a reach. But what if you had not seen people with cars and safety in a long time. What if you were ready to just kill yourself rather then face ****ed up zombie world alone? You might run after a car begging them to stop.

I tend to believe that all the weak minded people that would kill themselves over what is going on would have done so already.

Kaylore
03-05-2013, 07:14 AM
I'll be pissed when she dies.

It's funny because we don't know that, but really you can say that about every character in the show and it'll probably happen - except for Rick, I suppose. Of course they could even kill him in the series finale. It's like Game of Thrones where nobody is safe.

By the way, someone made a walking dead intro 90's style. It's pretty funny.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ezFd0FzysLM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It reminds me of Highlander and Renegade intros.

TonyR
03-05-2013, 07:15 AM

Why would you watch 30-some episodes of a TV show you don't like?

Kaylore
03-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Why would you watch 30-some episodes of a TV show you don't like?

He works in the TV industry. He probably has to just to be aware of what everyone is doing.

Phantom
03-05-2013, 07:20 AM
I found it odd that after all this time - Atlanta, Farm, Prison - they are still just down the road from Rick's home town. Or do we assume they took a long road trip.

razorwire77
03-05-2013, 08:08 AM
I thought it was one of the better episodes of the season. The Morgan story arc has been completed (at least for now). They addressed the mistrust of Michonne and she's becoming one of the more interesting characters in the story. Certainly the most interesting female character.

Finally, they continue to address the evolution of Rick's character from a World's boyscout mentality, to his current state of mind and it was symbolized in how they dealt with the hitchhiker.

Good stuff.

TonyR
03-05-2013, 08:14 AM
"The sign said welcome." One of the best quotes of the series.

pricejj
03-05-2013, 08:28 AM
I found it odd that after all this time - Atlanta, Farm, Prison - they are still just down the road from Rick's home town. Or do we assume they took a long road trip.

Rick's hometown is not far outside of Atlanta. Hershel's farm, the Prison, and Woodbury are all located about 50 miles south of Atlanta, halfway to Fort Benning.

They would have had to take a fairly long road trip to go back to the Sherrif's station to try to find more guns, but they had to.

NickStixx
03-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Last weeks episode was great, and I saw it coming that they would bring Morgan back into the story. It's too bad that he went crazy...
Karl is becoming more annoying now... and it looks like the strong bond between Rick and Michonne is about to take place. I have heard from those who actually read the graphic novel that they have a strong relationship.
Now it's time to go kill that governor... next week looks like a good episode!

Kaylore
03-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Last weeks episode was great, and I saw it coming that they would bring Morgan back into the story. It's too bad that he went crazy...
Karl is becoming more annoying now...

More annoying? These last few episodes he's the only one who's had his crap together. When he shot Morgan he just kind of knew that was what he had to do. And he was the only one actually watching for the attack when they were all singing kumbaya in the prison. He also never seems to panick. It's not like last season where he was randomly showing up everywhere at annoying moments.