PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead thread.

Pages : 1 [2]

Requiem
03-05-2013, 08:55 AM
I think the maturation of Carl is one of the best parts about the show. . .

That -- and how smoking hot Michonne is.

broncocalijohn
03-05-2013, 10:12 AM
I like this show but it never lived up to the potential that the pilot episode had. The writing went down hill so fast and they made so many characters unlikeable. Rightnow I only care about Daryl and Carl.

Carl is actually becoming so much better than he used to be. During th elast episode when everyone was listening t the girl sing he was guarding the prison. This episode he pops a guy without thinking about i. I really hope they continue with his path to being a bad ass.

It has got to be that hat.

NickStixx
03-05-2013, 11:00 AM
More annoying? These last few episodes he's the only one who's had his crap together. When he shot Morgan he just kind of knew that was what he had to do. And he was the only one actually watching for the attack when they were all singing kumbaya in the prison. He also never seems to panick. It's not like last season where he was randomly showing up everywhere at annoying moments.

I know... you are right about that. I'm just speaking in terms of the whole picture thing. I get it that he wanted to get it. But he didn't have to act the way he did with Michonne and try to run off by himself and stuff.
I agree though that he is probably the only thing left that is keeping Rick sane and getting him through all of this crap.

Bacchus
03-05-2013, 11:00 AM
More annoying? These last few episodes he's the only one who's had his crap together. When he shot Morgan he just kind of knew that was what he had to do. And he was the only one actually watching for the attack when they were all singing kumbaya in the prison. He also never seems to panick. It's not like last season where he was randomly showing up everywhere at annoying moments.

It's because he is a ****ing psychopath!!!Booya!

Bacchus
03-05-2013, 11:26 AM
I think the maturation of Carl is one of the best parts about the show. . .

That -- and how smoking hot Michonne is.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003413987/9861391_Michonne_Say_The_Word_3_answer_9_xlarge.jp eg = http://dogsondrugs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/brick.png

Requiem
03-05-2013, 11:31 AM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003413987/9861391_Michonne_Say_The_Word_3_answer_9_xlarge.jp eg = http://dogsondrugs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/brick.png

I have no idea what this means?

You wanna lock her in a brick outhouse. . .?

Kaylore
03-05-2013, 12:21 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rrBx6mAWYPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ray Finkle
03-05-2013, 12:35 PM

You saying she smells like a ****house? Well it is a zombie apocalypse and they don't get to shower/use deodorant daily...

Bacchus
03-05-2013, 01:09 PM
You saying she smells like a ****house? Well it is a zombie apocalypse and they don't get to shower/use deodorant daily...

I have no idea what this means?

You wanna lock her in a brick outhouse. . .?

LOL you guys are funny.

Bacchus
03-05-2013, 01:13 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003413987/9861391_Michonne_Say_The_Word_3_answer_9_xlarge.jp eg =<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rrBx6mAWYPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>=http://dogsondrugs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/brick.png

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

cutthemdown
03-05-2013, 01:14 PM
I tend to believe that all the weak minded people that would kill themselves over what is going on would have done so already.

Maybe he had a group but now they are all dead and he was desperate?

Bacchus
03-05-2013, 01:21 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003413987/9861391_Michonne_Say_The_Word_3_answer_9_xlarge.jp eg =<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gT65GFEMQ2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Requiem
03-05-2013, 01:21 PM
OK, I got it after I had a revelation. Sorry.

DBroncos4life
03-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Maybe he had a group but now they are all dead and he was desperate?

One of the walking dead forums had this long post about the guy and how he figured out the cure to everything and he was trying to get someone to stop so he could end everything.

Also it was said that at the end of the show when Rick said he was seeing things they thought because no one said anything about the guy maybe Rick wasn't sure he thought the guy was real.

Anyways group or no group he still would have understood that his actions would get him killed or everyone killed by drawing the attention of the zombies like that. Hell maybe that is why is he doesn't have a group anymore :)

pricejj
03-05-2013, 03:40 PM

If the guy had the cure for everything, he surely had the cure in his backpack....which Rick picked up.

What I'm trying to figure out, is why there was a picture of Rick's family in that old west bar/general store? Maybe that's where Lori use to work?

Smilin Assassin
03-05-2013, 04:01 PM
If the guy had the cure for everything, he surely had the cure in his backpack....which Rick picked up.

What I'm trying to figure out, is why there was a picture of Rick's family in that old west bar/general store? Maybe that's where Lori use to work?

I just figured tight community.

Not odd to have a local family (especially the sheriff's) picture on the wall at a local establishment.

cutthemdown
03-05-2013, 06:14 PM
In the comics Michone blows tyrese and gets caught by carol.

Bacchus
03-31-2013, 09:54 PM
In the comics Michone blows tyrese and gets caught by carol.

That is pretty scary. I think Michone is hot but I don't think I'd want that crazy bitch down there on my junk. I'd want her teeth where I could see them.

Did anyone see the series finale?

OBF1
03-31-2013, 10:07 PM
Liked the finale tonight, have not missed a single episode. Carl is starting to scare me, he is more and more like Merle every day. Will have to wait until October to see what is up with the Gov and where the story line goes.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-31-2013, 10:11 PM
Maturation of Carl? He was barely in the season. For the good. As I've said I hate watch this show, but I fast forwarded through most of the finale. I think I'm just done with it

Bacchus
03-31-2013, 10:15 PM
Liked the finale tonight, have not missed a single episode. Carl is starting to scare me, he is more and more like Merle every day. Will have to wait until October to see what is up with the Gov and where the story line goes.

I am DL now, I cannot wait to see it. Best show on TV.

cutthemdown
03-31-2013, 11:28 PM
Killer finale episode I thought.

Bacchus
03-31-2013, 11:28 PM
Killer finale episode I thought.

I thought is was great, I would have stayed at the town if I was them. The prison sucks.

cutthemdown
03-31-2013, 11:33 PM
I thought is was great, I would have stayed at the town if I was them. The prison sucks.

The prisons easy to defend though. Still though i don't think they will be at the prison for too long next season.

Also like i said Tyreese and Rick would eventually merge together. Rick's getting his humanity back but his son is losing his. I think Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are two of the best shows that have ever been on cable tv or any tv. Good thing we have 10 or so weeks of that before no good shows will be on. At least none that i seem to have to watch.

OBF1
03-31-2013, 11:41 PM
Maturation of Carl? He was barely in the season. For the good. As I've said I hate watch this show, but I fast forwarded through most of the finale. I think I'm just done with it

If you hate to watch the show...why watch it??? Then post about it on a website. Makes perfect sense.

MrPeepers
03-31-2013, 11:56 PM
vikings is one as well sundays, now 3 sunday shows. in order of best product its GOT, Vikings, Walking Dead for me.

Aftermath
04-01-2013, 01:45 AM
Glad Andrea died. That chick was so worthless, but I agree, the show blows but I watch it because I like zombies. Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Dexter, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, Californication are all much better.

Bronco X
04-01-2013, 03:17 AM
The show has some good points. The zombie scenes are well done. They got the greatest television composer ever, Bear McCreary, doing the music. This season they finally introduced some interesting non zombie elements. But the show hasn't been that great at things it's trying to be good at. Namely being a show about people surviving a zombie apocalypse instead of a zombie apocalypse show. It's the right call, but the characters aren't that interesting. And they should be paying closer attention to details in trying to recreate their zombie apocalypse universe. Like why the hell is there a dude who has been trapped in a prison for months who still shaves his head? It's bad enough T-Dog was finding time for it. I shave my head. And if the zombie apocalypse hits, man, I'm letting it go!

Smilin Assassin
04-01-2013, 06:43 AM
vikings is one as well sundays, now 3 sunday shows. in order of best product its GOT, Vikings, Walking Dead for me.

Vikings has me hooked, as well.

With Spartacus & Walking Dead wrapping up, I'm glad I have another show to look forward to.

Kaylore
04-01-2013, 07:02 AM
I was somewhat disappointed in the finale. It looks like it's going to be an epic battle and they run into a hallway and have some flash bangs go off, run away and then the Governor does what he does and just runs away some more. I don't know. I was hoping for something more clever from either party. Not just going into a hallway and then running away while two people in body army shoot at other people.

I am glad Andrea died. She was just one big bag of bad decisions. I am having trouble thinking of the last time she made a good choice.

There were some pretty contrived moments. Like why it took her so long to pick up the pliers with her feet. I can do that right now. I also don't understand why the left Woodbury. TAKE Woodbury. It has food, water and electricity. It has homes. It had to be at least somewhat defensible.

I don't know. It was like they just hurried to wrap it up. I liked that Rick resolved his deal with Lori. I like that Tyreece is in the camp now. I like that they did the right thing. I don't like that Karl is a murderer.

We'll see.

TonyR
04-01-2013, 07:36 AM
I think Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are two of the best shows that have ever been on cable tv or any tv.

Great shows, but any discussion of "best ever" that doesn't include The Wire or Sopranos isn't legit. And I'd personally throw Breaking Bad into the discussion as well, but that's at least open for debate unlike the other two.

BroncoInferno
04-01-2013, 07:44 AM
I was somewhat disappointed in the finale. It looks like it's going to be an epic battle and they run into a hallway and have some flash bangs go off, run away and then the Governor does what he does and just runs away some more. I don't know. I was hoping for something more clever from either party. Not just going into a hallway and then running away while two people in body army shoot at other people.

I am glad Andrea died. She was just one big bag of bad decisions. I am having trouble thinking of the last time she made a good choice.

There were some pretty contrived moments. Like why it took her so long to pick up the pliers with her feet. I can do that right now. I also don't understand why the left Woodbury. TAKE Woodbury. It has food, water and electricity. It has homes. It had to be at least somewhat defensible.

I don't know. It was like they just hurried to wrap it up. I liked that Rick resolved his deal with Lori. I like that Tyreece is in the camp now. I like that they did the right thing. I don't like that Karl is a murderer.

We'll see.

I agree with most of this except the bolded. As I was watching that scene play-out, I wasn't buying that the kid was really going to give up his weapon. He was looking at Karl like he was sizing him up. So, I didn't blame him too much for doing the safe thing. Plus, the reasons he gave to Rick made sense, I thought. So, I didn't see him as having committed "murder." I didn't view it that way. Maybe you could look at it as a little bit of the Shane mentality rubbing off, but frankly I thought Shane was right about a lot of stuff (not all, but a lot).

SonOfLe-loLang
04-01-2013, 08:18 AM
If you hate to watch the show...why watch it??? Then post about it on a website. Makes perfect sense.

I dunno, hatewatching something hardly started with me.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Great shows, but any discussion of "best ever" that doesn't include The Wire or Sopranos isn't legit. And I'd personally throw Breaking Bad into the discussion as well, but that's at least open for debate unlike the other two.

If Walking Dead is in the discussion with The Wire, Sopranos, GOT, Breaking Bad, Madmen, then I feel sad for the history of televison. And while I think the creators were trying for that lofty status at first, I dont think they are any longer. After season 2, they realized its strength was violence, shock value, a video game atmosphere, and not smart writing like the shows above.

The ironic thing about the show is that there's an hour long discussion talk show afterwards...to talk about..**** i dont even know what, Ive never watched it.

Kaylore
04-01-2013, 09:00 AM
I agree with most of this except the bolded. As I was watching that scene play-out, I wasn't buying that the kid was really going to give up his weapon. He was looking at Karl like he was sizing him up. So, I didn't blame him too much for doing the safe thing. Plus, the reasons he gave to Rick made sense, I thought. So, I didn't see him as having committed "murder." I didn't view it that way. Maybe you could look at it as a little bit of the Shane mentality rubbing off, but frankly I thought Shane was right about a lot of stuff (not all, but a lot).

I didn't trust him either and probably would have shot him but I think he deserved one final warning. I also think the motivation had as much to do with "look Dad, I can fight" as it did the very valid reasons that Karl learned from Shane.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-01-2013, 09:05 AM
I didn't trust him either and probably would have shot him but I think he deserved one final warning. I also think the motivation had as much to do with "look Dad, I can fight" as it did the very valid reasons that Karl learned from Shane.

It honestly just goes back to the "Sins of our father" routine they shoved down our throats last year, but ignored (smartly) this year until now. It's a well worn theme.

What kind of example are we setting for the children of the future!

They should just put a bullet through carl's head and not worry about it.

Kaylore
04-01-2013, 09:13 AM
It honestly just goes back to the "Sins of our father" routine they shoved down our throats last year, but ignored (smartly) this year until now. It's a well worn theme.

What kind of example are we setting for the children of the future!

They should just put a bullet through carl's head and not worry about it.

.... well alright then!

SonOfLe-loLang
04-01-2013, 09:19 AM
.... well alright then!

haha hey, I'm just here to offer solutions!

TonyR
04-01-2013, 09:29 AM
If Walking Dead is in the discussion with The Wire, Sopranos, GOT, Breaking Bad, Madmen...

I love the show but I agree, I'm not cetain it belongs in that discussion. Was just trying to point out to that poster that when you start talking "best ever" you pretty much have to first consider those shows. Oh, and it's Mad Men (not Madmen).

spdirty
04-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Of the non reality TV shows that are still going on that I watch, I'd have to put GOT 1, Breaking Bad 2, Justified 3, Hell on Wheels 4, then Walking Dead.

I admit that since season 2 I've been hate watching Spartacus, but the last episode was pretty good. But wish they would have raped then chopped off Nivea's arms and legs, then beheaded her. I hate the new actors/actresses that they've put out there. The writing has also sucked since season 2. Can't wait till that godawful piece of **** is done, so I can move on.

Sometime soon when bored I'll start watching Sons of Anarchy and Mad Men. But I can't list them because I haven't seen them.

But Game of Thrones, man, that is just one of those series that I watch, rewatch the episode again to make sure I didn't miss anything before the last episode, then watch the previous season before the next season starts to get caught up. I wish they would do like 30 episode seasons. I think that that is the best show I've ever watched. Above 24, Sopranos, Deadwood, and right there with Archer.

Blueflame
04-01-2013, 01:14 PM

Not only did the kid not drop the weapon immediately, he still had it leveled toward Carl; he was undecided and it's not a certainty that he wouldn't have fired rather than surrendering his weapon. Remember, everyone in Woodbury had been told by the Governor that the prison group was dangerous and wanted to kill them.

As for Carl... he was the last line of defense for Herschel, Beth, and his baby sister and that's probably why he didn't give the kid the benefit of any doubt and didn't take any chances (mostly because of the baby's presence with them). Misjudgment could have meant death for all of them.

That said... I was troubled by the way he spoke to Rick. It doesn't matter that he's growing up and becoming a man; it isn't acceptable to talk to one's father like that. even in a zombie apocalypse. Rick's going to have to deal with his son's disrespect eventually.

If the thing with the Governor had played out any other way, the writers would have had to kill him off... and he's too interesting of a villain to kill off so quickly. Completely unhinged and even his two lieutenants have to realize that after he massacred his own "army". But his hatred for Michonne is too strong for him to just "move on"... he's going to remain a threat to the group just because she's with them.

OBF1
04-01-2013, 01:51 PM
I also love me some Vikings... Excellent production and tons of possible story line.

ShutDownPoster
04-01-2013, 03:56 PM

We'll see.

I hate that Carl is a murderer because that kid is just about the worst child actor on TV. You need a good actor to pull that off. Let's hope he goes into a coma next season - though he probably would have a hard time lying motionless in a prison cot :rofl:

broncosteven
04-01-2013, 07:42 PM

We'll see.

Yours is the Superior.

I thought the same things.

At some point you think they would start making positive changes, they are going to need a food supply, and learn to think past the present.

Doesn't anyone have a HAM radio or monitor for activity or news? You would think there would be pilots who made it this far who would be flying recon missions looking for others...

I get that the writers want to make a point that we are our own worst enemies but by now there should be some sort of organized civil defense that would be working together to whittle down the walker population as well as gather the survivors into groups.

In a situation like that resources would be key and you would want to build a group big enough to feed and care for people that is not lead by a madman.

Bacchus
04-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Yours is the Superior.

At some point you think they would start making positive changes, they are going to need a food supply, and learn to think past the present.

Doesn't anyone have a HAM radio or monitor for activity or news? You would think there would be pilots who made it this far who would be flying recon missions looking for others...

I get that the writers want to make a point that we are our own worst enemies but by now there should be some sort of organized civil defense that would be working together to whittle down the walker population as well as gather the survivors into groups.

In a situation like that resources would be key and you would want to build a group big enough to feed and care for people that is not lead by a madman.

Your theory would hold no water if you would be talking about fast zombies. If they were fast zombies Michone would be the only person on Earth left alive.

Cannot wait for World War Z

P.S.: You and your ham radios:rofl:

Blueflame
04-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Yours is the Superior.

There have been hints at some semblance of organized civil defense efforts in the most recent season... for instance, the helicopter that crashed near Michonne and Andrea (when they first saw the Governor... with the reintroduction of Merle); and the National Guard unit that the Governor massacred (to take their weapons) after waving the white flag as he approached them.

DBroncos4life
04-01-2013, 09:23 PM

We'll see.

I liked the fact that Milton had to sit there dying knowing that he should have let Andrea kill the Governor and he would still be alive. Then Andrea had too as well. You knew the guy was crazy and you let him live. Now you are dead dumb ****s.

As for taking Woodbury, I wouldn't take it either. The Governor and his guys know pretty much everything about it, at least the prison still has surprises for anyone trying to sneak in. Also I think Karl did the right thing. The kid kept coming towards him as he was lowering the gun. I think he was going to try and grab the gun from Karl.

BroncoMan4ever
04-01-2013, 09:48 PM

We'll see.

I love that Carl killed that kid. Finally someone from the prison other than Glenn grows some balls. And kid or not the guy Carl killed came to kill the prison group. No room for compassion in that situation, and Herschell can shove that stump up his ass if he disagrees. I applauded when I saw that Andrea got bit, I have hated her character since damn near the first episode I saw with her in it.

My main issue is nothing happened this season
It was all lead up to absolutely nothing.

pricejj
04-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Yours is the Superior.

1. There wouldn't be very many people alive. Food would be super scarce.
2. Guns would rule. People with guns and ammo would have power. People without guns would not.
3. Society would exist as it does everywhere with severely limited food, and lots of guns...warlords with travelling bands of gunman would take over.
4. Peaceful groups would be easily exploited and overrun for their food and women by the warlords (just like in 3rd world countries).
5. And just like in 3rd world countries, there would be little chance for any semblance of civilization to exist.
6. The most well-armed group would rule. It wouldn't be ran by 'nice guys', they would be like the Governor, and would be the most power hungry, ruthless psychopaths (just like in 3rd world countries).

Blueflame
04-01-2013, 10:05 PM
I love that Carl killed that kid. Finally someone from the prison other than Glenn grows some balls. And kid or not the guy Carl killed came to kill the prison group. No room for compassion in that situation, and Herschell can shove that stump up his ass if he disagrees. I applauded when I saw that Andrea got bit, I have hated her character since damn near the first episode I saw with her in it.

For sure this season, the living were far more dangerous/treacherous than the dead. Neither Andrea nor Lori will be missed much... both were pretty much useless and annoying to boot.

DBroncos4life
04-01-2013, 10:27 PM
For sure this season, the living were far more dangerous/treacherous than the dead. Neither Andrea nor Lori will be missed much... both were pretty much useless and annoying to boot.

Yes the end of the world needs more wiener and less va jay jay... :cuss:

s0phr0syne
04-01-2013, 10:36 PM
It's interesting that tv-Andrea got knocked off since comic-Andrea is one of the few original characters remaining. Obviously there're a whole host of differences between the two TWD versions, but I think given the character arc they put Andrea through on the show, it was probably a good decision. Comic-Andrea is a complete bad@ss, but tv-Andrea's actress just didn't convey that strength or resilience as much, so I think it's fitting that they ended her character.

Blueflame
04-01-2013, 11:48 PM
Yes the end of the world needs more wiener and less va jay jay... :cuss:

Dunno about that... my guess is anyone would have to be pretty much insane to mess with Michonne... she'd kick their butt and not even break a sweat. ;D

They still have ladies on the show... Michonne is the most interesting female character but Maggie, Carol, and Beth are still alive and there's the survivor from the Governor's army as well as the lady with Tyreece.

Noteworthy: Michonne didn't whine or complain even when she realized that Rick had seriously considered sacrificing her to save the others. Unlike Andrea and Lori, Michonne isn't an annoying drama queen. And in her limited time with the group she's already proven to be 10 times more attentive and maternal to Carl than Lori ever was.

Archer81
04-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Vikings has me hooked, as well.

With Spartacus & Walking Dead wrapping up, I'm glad I have another show to look forward to.

I always knew Spartacus was a ridiculous show. Having a fairly important historical figure ass raped kind of destroyed any desire I have to watch the show going forward.

Vikings...Im not sure about that one. Pacing is a bit off. Hopefully that will improve with time.

:Broncos:

cutthemdown
04-02-2013, 12:18 AM
LOL that kid in Spartacus rapes everyone. Don't drop the soap around him.

ghwk
04-02-2013, 09:31 AM
I was really disappointed in the finale and I'm tired of the Governors character. To leave that story line unresolved after giving it a full season was just plain disatisfying to me.

I also agree this show doesn't belong in the same conversation with The Wire, Mad Men and others. I'm not even sure it belongs in the same conversation as Sons of Anarchy. There was just so much filler in this season that I probably won't watch next year.

I remember I started watching because the walkers were the primary antagonists, something to be feared and run away from but now they are an afterthought, see Zombie shoot in head. NEXT!

What would save the show for me is the discovery that they have somewhere they need to go for a reason, then the characters that get in the way have some purpose for being there. The whole thing with the Governor was just a glorified WWE grudge match and I really didn't find myself caring about the characters any more at the end of the season than the beginning.

To sum it up: Bleagh, weak failsauce.

peacepipe
04-02-2013, 09:38 AM
I was really disappointed in the finale and I'm tired of the Governors character. To leave that story line unresolved after giving it a full season was just plain disatisfying to me.
Ij
I also agree this show doesn't belong in the same conversation with The Wire, Mad Men and others. I'm not even sure it belongs in the same conversation as Sons of Anarchy. There was just so much filler in this season that I probably won't watch next year.

I remember I started watching because the walkers were the primary antagonists, something to be feared and run away from but now they are an afterthought, see Zombie shoot in head. NEXT!

What would save the show for me is the discovery that they have somewhere they need to go for a reason, then the characters that get in the way have some purpose for being there. The whole thing with the Governor was just a glorified WWE grudge match and I really didn't find myself caring about the characters any more at the end of the season than the beginning.

To sum it up: Bleagh, weak failsauce.
I don't think TWD would've made it to season 3,if the zombies were the only antagonists. Not a fan of the governor either but the show has developed into something more than just zombies. TWD is a success because it's more than just about zombies.

s0phr0syne
04-02-2013, 10:00 AM
I've seen a few comments here and elsewhere talking about how "TWD used to be about the zombies". I have a hard time remembering what has and hasn't occurred in the show, but hasn't Rick had his speech about how the survivors are 'the Walking Dead'? The people who are still alive have always been the focus of TWD, and a major theme in almost all post-apocalyptic fiction is that the human society that remains and rebuilds has the most dangerous elements, not the original insult (zombies, plague, robots, radiation, aliens, etc).

Don't get me wrong, I think the show is not all that strong either. The plot is unevenly paced and full of some gaping holes that defy logic. I just wanted to address the "show isn't about zombies anymore" complaint.

DBroncos4life
04-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Why does everyone hate the governor character? I would fully expect people like him at the end of the world.

Blueflame
04-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Why does everyone hate the governor character? I would fully expect people like him at the end of the world.

He's the prototypical villain... but everyone hates him because he's insane and always was. It's understandable why he kept the zombie heads (for research; to try to find a cure for his daughter) but c'mon... putting living people in a fight arena with zombies chained on the sides... for entertainment purposes? That's bizarre to say the least. He always had a few screws loose but getting his butt handed to him by Michonne that night when she killed his zombie daughter and then blinded him in one eye... pushed him into the realm of "complete psycho".

The show has always been basically a soap opera examining the interpersonal relationships among the survivors and how they cope under extreme duress and the knowledge that any one of them could be killed at any time. At times it's felt like... "well, who's gonna melt down and get hysterical and scream in Rick's face this week?" (usually it was Lori) LOL

As was noted above, there isn't much to say about the zombies... there's no potential for storylines there; they try to eat the living and the living shoot them or stab them in the head.

The new season should be interesting but with the limited food and other resources... and now a whole lot more people with the ones who weren't able-bodied enough to be in the Governor's army from Woodbury, there are a lot more mouths to be fed. It's going to bring a lot of challenges and staying at the prison probably isn't going to be a long-term solution, as the few who can fight off a zombie attack would have to be spending nearly all their time foraging for food.... leaving just a few to defend the others.

bronco militia
04-02-2013, 12:13 PM

LOL

ghwk
04-02-2013, 01:05 PM
I don't disagree that there has to be more than just zombies but remember when the show first started and the gang just trying to evade zombies was exciting? That doesn't exist any more. You could get rid of the zombies and it wouldn't even matter at this point. It is simply an end of the world Lord of the Flies show now.

The reason I hate the Governor is because his character should have died when Andrea lured him into the closet full of zombies only so he could capture her later outside the prison. That and the storyline just got stale for that many episodes.

DBroncos4life
04-02-2013, 01:26 PM
LOL

Do you disagree? Honestly I view him like a pirate. He just takes, and his quote; "In this life now, you kill or you die," the Gov says. "Or, you die, and you kill." is 100% the way people should be thinking at this point.

Yes, he is nuts but what he does keeps the people inside the town alive and living close to normal. They have houses, food, and water. Look at Ricks group. They try for the most part and live like they would in the normal world and they struggle to survive and are pretty much living like rats in a prison.

bronco militia
04-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Do you disagree? Honestly I view him like a pirate. He just takes, and his quote; "In this life now, you kill or you die," the Gov says. "Or, you die, and you kill." is 100% the way people should be thinking at this point.

Yes, he is nuts but what he does keeps the people inside the town alive and living close to normal. They have houses, food, and water. Look at Ricks group. They try for the most part and live like they would in the normal world and they struggle to survive and are pretty much living like rats in a prison.

Ha!

kidnapping, molesting, and torturing potential new members of Woodberry would have me worried. He also just shot half the town folk in the back as they ran away refusing to fight Rick's group.

edog24
04-02-2013, 01:43 PM

I agree somewhat, it sort of points to how dumb the ending was, taking on tons of infirm people, old, young, tons of mouths to feed. If I'm Glen, Michonne, Daryl, I wop Rick on the head and lock the new crew out and say thanks but no thanks.

Rick is endangering the whole group including his daughter by taking on all these random new people. It's poignant, but it's stupid and unrealistic.

bronco militia
04-02-2013, 01:51 PM
not only is this struggle for survival, but it's also a struggle to maintain their humanity. Did you guys miss that theme in the last two episodes? It may cost them their lives, but not their souls.

Tombstone RJ
04-02-2013, 02:05 PM
They should rename the series The Walking Stiff. 'Cause they are all like dead or something...

DBroncos4life
04-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Ha!

kidnapping, molesting, and torturing potential new members of Woodberry would have me worried. He also just shot half the town folk in the back as they ran away refusing to fight Rick's group.

I'm not saying he is right in the things he does, I'm saying that is how things will be done by people in situations like this. He is power hungry and you could that when he killed the soldiers. With them around the town people would have looked up to them as leaders because of what they represent IMO. Why else kill them? That is another reason I think of him like a pirate. Kills any threat to his leadership.

You can't take in people you don't trust. You can't give the way you normally would because in the end you will run out. Being inhuman sometimes is the best way to survive. Watching the colony on TV shows you this. Give a person water, food, etc.. once means they will tell others. Soon you will have a heard of people trying to get what you have either by force or begging.

Blueflame
04-02-2013, 02:11 PM
I agree somewhat, it sort of points to how dumb the ending was, taking on tons of infirm people, old, young, tons of mouths to feed. If I'm Glen, Michonne, Daryl, I wop Rick on the head and lock the new crew out and say thanks but no thanks.

Rick is endangering the whole group including his daughter by taking on all these random new people. It's poignant, but it's stupid and unrealistic.

An interesting question was brought up on "The Talking Dead" after the season finale.... with bringing in the elderly, infirm people... what if one unexpectedly dies in their sleep? Then there's a new zombie inside the cell block. Do they lock each person inside their individual cells at night? Wouldn't they have to? Even the baby... what if she had SIDS or something?

Still, the people needed someone to help them... they had grown so dependent on the Governor and have no idea how to survive outside of the town... they would have been sitting ducks for the zombies or for any (unscrupulous) living people who wandered in. Abandoning them would have been leaving them to certain death... of course Rick already did that once when he refused to pick up the guy with the backpack. But that was only one guy and he was young and healthy enough to be viewed as a possible threat.

winstoncup bronco
04-02-2013, 02:19 PM
I don't disagree that there has to be more than just zombies but remember when the show first started and the gang just trying to evade zombies was exciting? That doesn't exist any more. You could get rid of the zombies and it wouldn't even matter at this point. It is simply an end of the world Lord of the Flies show now.

The reason I hate the Governor is because his character should have died when Andrea lured him into the closet full of zombies only so he could capture her later outside the prison. That and the storyline just got stale for that many episodes.

This is what has me so disappointed. The last two episodes have sharply driven down the show's credibility.

For starters, let's say for argument's sake the Governor was able to spot Andrea in the field while he was driving down the road. She runs off into the woods and arrives at that building the same exact time as the Governor does? How can that be possible? She took a shortcut, the Gov had to drive on roads, and not to mention the fact that he knew where she was going to end up?

Then she lures him into the group of zombies, and armed only with a shovel, he is able to beat them all back while being surrounded and not get bit? And if that's not bad enough, Andrea leaves him behind, and when she gets to the prison, not only is he already waiting for her, he knows the exact spot she is going to come out of the woods and abducts her!

As for the finale, they built up the showdown all season long. It got tedious at times, but the payoff was going to be there. Then they give us a 5 minute showdown where not one person gets hit in crossfire, and the group retreats. And how did they know when they were coming anyway? After that, Rick decides they only need 3 of them to go back to Woodbury and finish the job? Too many holes in the story for me to say the show is living up to it's prior seasons.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-02-2013, 02:27 PM
An interesting question was brought up on "The Talking Dead" after the season finale.... with bringing in the elderly, infirm people... what if one unexpectedly dies in their sleep? Then there's a new zombie inside the cell block. Do they lock each person inside their individual cells at night? Wouldn't they have to? Even the baby... what if she had SIDS or something?

Still, the people needed someone to help them... they had grown so dependent on the Governor and have no idea how to survive outside of the town... they would have been sitting ducks for the zombies or for any (unscrupulous) living people who wandered in. Abandoning them would have been leaving them to certain death... of course Rick already did that once when he refused to pick up the guy with the backpack. But that was only one guy and he was young and healthy enough to be viewed as a possible threat.

LOL, is that what they discuss on the talking dead? God helps us all.

broncosteven
04-02-2013, 03:09 PM
1. There wouldn't be very many people alive. Food would be super scarce.
2. Guns would rule. People with guns and ammo would have power. People without guns would not.
3. Society would exist as it does everywhere with severely limited food, and lots of guns...warlords with travelling bands of gunman would take over.
4. Peaceful groups would be easily exploited and overrun for their food and women by the warlords (just like in 3rd world countries).
5. And just like in 3rd world countries, there would be little chance for any semblance of civilization to exist.
6. The most well-armed group would rule. It wouldn't be ran by 'nice guys', they would be like the Governor, and would be the most power hungry, ruthless psychopaths (just like in 3rd world countries).

Sounds like Africa and the inner city of Chicago. Now we have roaming bands of street thugs intimating people on State Street and Michigan Ave.

Which is why we cannot live in this universe alone, you will be thinned out and die off, without organized communities that can develop and cultivate resources their time would be better served Jerking off because they haven't accomplished anything except watch their friends and loved ones thin out.

Old Dude
04-02-2013, 03:17 PM
An interesting question was brought up on "The Talking Dead" after the season finale.... with bringing in the elderly, infirm people... what if one unexpectedly dies in their sleep? ...

Hide their dentures.

broncosteven
04-02-2013, 03:30 PM
I always knew Spartacus was a ridiculous show. Having a fairly important historical figure ass raped kind of destroyed any desire I have to watch the show going forward.

Vikings...Im not sure about that one. Pacing is a bit off. Hopefully that will improve with time.

It took me a couple episodes of Vikings before I started liking it. I have read some of the HEIMSKRINGLA (which is way harder to follow than the Canterbury Tales) and I have read the Norse Myths along with other Scandinavian folk and fairy tales. To me the Ragnar charater is a an amalgamation of lots of other kings and discoverers. Once I bought into that I was able to tune out every thing they got wrong and just enjoy it for what it was worth. It took a long time for Christianity to take hold back then, with the capture of the priest they make it sound like on their 1st journey west they started converting, it was much much later and took the end of raids being profitable before Kings started converting their men. They used the new religion to control people much the same way that the Catholic church kept people ignorant and controlled them until essentially the printing press.

It is better than most shows on TV now. Glad to see something scripted sort of related to history on the History Channel. I still have The Bible on the DVR and look forward to watching that also.

Blueflame
04-02-2013, 03:34 PM
LOL, is that what they discuss on the talking dead? God helps us all.

They talk about the just-aired episode (it's scheduled right after "The Walking Dead") with a few guests... and take questions from the live audience and also online from viewers. Then there's the "In Memoriam" segment where they show clips of every death... zombie or the living... that happened that week. Oh, and they choose a "Fan of the Week" that used the website to "Dead Yourself" (upload a photo and see what they'd look like as a zombie).

It's basically the same thing we're doing here; discussing the show and what we liked or didn't like about it.

Usually they have at least one of the actors and they provide a glimpse of what it's like filming the show... they have to be careful not to give any "spoilers". Sunday evening they had the actors who play Tyreece and Daryl.

broncolife
04-02-2013, 03:43 PM

One of the things I didn't like was when the gov went Rambo on his own army and no one shot back.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-02-2013, 03:54 PM
They talk about the just-aired episode (it's scheduled right after "The Walking Dead") with a few guests... and take questions from the live audience and also online from viewers. Then there's the "In Memoriam" segment where they show clips of every death... zombie or the living... that happened that week. Oh, and they choose a "Fan of the Week" that used the website to "Dead Yourself" (upload a photo and see what they'd look like as a zombie).

It's basically the same thing we're doing here; discussing the show and what we liked or didn't like about it.

Usually they have at least one of the actors and they provide a glimpse of what it's like filming the show... they have to be careful not to give any "spoilers". Sunday evening they had the actors who play Tyreece and Daryl.

I think the reason I keep watching the Walking Dead is because i desperately need to know what people see in it. I think its terribly written television that relies on overused themes and shock value. The characters are terrible, their decisions often implausible, and some of the writing has actually been insulting to the viewer (i always bring up Lori's decision to go into town (in s2, when she gets in the car wreck) to get Rick as the perfect example of this.

i know 12 million people watched the finale last Sunday, i just dont get the appeal. And you can explain it to me and i still won't get it:)

broncolife
04-02-2013, 03:54 PM
They need to dead island this biatch up. Just say the virus mutated and now we can see some runners(infected).

broncolife
04-02-2013, 04:06 PM
I think the reason I keep watching the Walking Dead is because i desperately need to know what people see in it. I think its terribly written television that relies on overused themes and shock value. The characters are terrible, their decisions often implausible, and some of the writing has actually been insulting to the viewer (i always bring up Lori's decision to go into town (in s2, when she gets in the car wreck) to get Rick as the perfect example of this.

i know 12 million people watched the finale last Sunday, i just dont get the appeal. And you can explain it to me and i still won't get it:)

Vampires use to be popular but right now Zombies are popular ones and its the only zombie tv series out there. Plus add in the survival craze that is going around. Im pretty sure some one could make a better zombie series.

broncosteven
04-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Vampires use to be popular but right now Zombies are popular ones and its the only zombie tv series out there. Plus add in the survival craze that is going around. Im pretty sure some one could make a better zombie series.

It is also based on a comic book so it has that built in audience even though they have broken off from the comic book.

I do think they could make a much better zombie series. The British make the best zombie movies, they would probably make a great series also.

Blueflame
04-02-2013, 04:50 PM

Totally agree that it's because everyone's interested in zombies right now... from Resident Evil to 28 Days later to Shaun of the Dead, people seem to be fascinated by zombies. It helps popularity-wise that there are websites and online video games and the website to "Dead Yourself" so that people can feel like they're a part of the show.

You're right that a lot of the scenes in the show simply don't make any sense (like the scene you described... going off after her husband without any thought whatsoever about where her son was, who was in charge of watching him, or if he was safe... and winding up nearly killed herself). The storyline that I was very weary of... almost impatient with... was Rick's nutty "seeing Lori's ghost" stuff. Guess they kinda resolved that in the finale, but frankly, it sucked. I mean, when the group needed him most, he was wandering off all by himself chasing her ghost. Dumb and lame.

Pontius Pirate
04-02-2013, 05:51 PM
DUDE, the Walking Dead this season has been a disappointment. I mean, any season will be better than season 2 ("let's just sit around in this ranch and talk about our feelings for 8 episodes").

My major gripe is that they have basically neutered any fear that the zombies instilled in you. Gone are the days when the zombies can jump out at any corner, the survivors are constantly on the run, and being trapped is a constant fear.

Now, they are holed up in a prison, with barbed wire and guard towers and machine guns. There is no real threat any more from the zombies. Yeah, the Governor is a bad dude. But enough already. Where is the plot line about finding a cure? Where is the plot line about the zombie threat increasing?

Something needs to change so that the zombies go back to being scary and there are fewer encounters with "new" human characters. Example ideas:

-Zombies have suddenly become harder to kill. Eg. blows to the head don't put them down
-Some zombies are showing higher level cognition i.e. can climb fences, break car windows, use makeshift weapons, etc.
-Some zombies are starting to hunt more in packs....maybe there are zombie leaders
-Some zombies are SUPER fast.
-Animal zombies....zombie bears and gorillas
-Rick's son becomes a zombie and he has to kill it

Archer81
04-02-2013, 06:29 PM
DUDE, the Walking Dead this season has been a disappointment. I mean, any season will be better than season 2 ("let's just sit around in this ranch and talk about our feelings for 8 episodes").

My major gripe is that they have basically neutered any fear that the zombies instilled in you. Gone are the days when the zombies can jump out at any corner, the survivors are constantly on the run, and being trapped is a constant fear.

Now, they are holed up in a prison, with barbed wire and guard towers and machine guns. There is no real threat any more from the zombies. Yeah, the Governor is a bad dude. But enough already. Where is the plot line about finding a cure? Where is the plot line about the zombie threat increasing?

Something needs to change so that the zombies go back to being scary and there are fewer encounters with "new" human characters. Example ideas:

-Zombies have suddenly become harder to kill. Eg. blows to the head don't put them down
-Some zombies are showing higher level cognition i.e. can climb fences, break car windows, use makeshift weapons, etc.
-Some zombies are starting to hunt more in packs....maybe there are zombie leaders

I am not entirely sure if you can have "fast" zombies when you have seen nothing but the traditional zombie since the show started. Its lazy story telling to add that in. I think the show is trying to say that zombies are less scary then "normal" people. The governor is a prime example. People in his care were gunned down by him. The guards with him could have stopped him, the one who tried was shot in the head. That is scarier to me then a walking corpse. The show is demonstrating that its not just the zombies who lost their humanity.

Bacchus
04-02-2013, 06:46 PM

Blue when the Zombies over run the prison it is always nice to have a few elderly people around to ensure your getaway.

My Dad used to say if a bear attacks us I don't have to outrun the bear all I have to do is outrun you.

Bacchus
04-02-2013, 06:48 PM

That could all change with 10,000 zombies wondering in from Atlanta and a hole in the fence. Anything can happen and I am sure it will.

Blueflame
04-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Blue when the Zombies over run the prison it is always nice to have a few elderly people around to ensure your getaway.

My Dad used to say if a bear attacks us I don't have to outrun the bear all I have to do is outrun you.

True... that's kinda what Shane did with Otis. 'Course they already did have Herschel with only one leg and on crutches... :D

While it's understandable that Rick would be suspicious of any "outsiders", the fact is that possible storylines get limited further with each character that the writers kill off... you're gonna need more "good guys" eventually; no one's gonna be interested in a show about one or two paranoid nutcases taking turns acting mentally unbalanced.

huh??
04-02-2013, 10:08 PM
I really liked the movie, "Fido".

broncocalijohn
04-02-2013, 11:12 PM

Glenn is the bad ass. He has really grown into the part. He kicks ass and ****s the Hershell's daughter even as a Korean in the South. Now that is a bad ass.

broncocalijohn
04-02-2013, 11:19 PM
True... that's kinda what Shane did with Otis. 'Course they already did have Herschel with only one leg and on crutches... :D

While it's understandable that Rick would be suspicious of any "outsiders", the fact is that possible storylines get limited further with each character that the writers kill off... you're gonna need more "good guys" eventually; no one's gonna be interested in a show about one or two paranoid nutcases taking turns acting mentally unbalanced.

Shane is the one that ****ed over Otis.

Blueflame
04-03-2013, 12:32 AM
Shane is the one that ****ed over Otis.

Yep... Shane was entirely in it for himself and really didn't care about anyone else. He would compromise his integrity in a heartbeat if doing so benefited him in any way. It was... unfortunate... that Carl looked up to him so much because he was too young to see the major flaws in Shane's character.

rmsanger
04-03-2013, 03:35 AM
The appeal is that it takes a typical movie genre and extends it into a series. Most of the good zombie movies (Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, 28 days/weeks later, etc..) all create this interesting world and then the movie ends. The Walking Dead started out quite well by creating interesting characters and a world that you wanted to see past the normal movie. Where they failed is once they got out of Atlanta they spent way too much time developing characters that frankly we don't care about.

In the end we only end up with a few characters that we care about and they unintentionaly had created characters that we want to die (Andrea anybody?).

They have also borrowed from other series like Lost, Jericho, and Battlestar Gallactica. When a society breaks down from an outside force how does humanity react and adapt to meet the new challenge. How do former values become reduced to nothing Their problem is the handle this in an uninteresting way.

pricejj
04-03-2013, 08:01 AM
No more guard towers at the prison, after being destroyed by an RPG. If Rick was smart, he'd get the military trucks with 50-cal machine guns.

Now that Rick's group has taken on so many people, they will need to figure out a way to generate a lot more food. How did Woodbury do it?

The problem is, the governor knows where they are, and can easily pick-off anyone who leaves the prison walls.

Bronco X
04-03-2013, 08:17 AM
In the comic, a lot more time passed at the prison before the conflict with the Governor arose. In that time, they'd started gardening on the grounds. The comic did a better job establishing the prison as a desirable place to hold up in a zombie apocalypse. I was surprised the Prison and Governer storylines weren't finished this season but perhaps with the season break and the new refugees/redshirts, they'll have a time lapse and show some of that being established while the Governor and his henchmen go off and find a new army to come and mess everything up.

55CrushEm
04-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Yep... Shane was entirely in it for himself

Yup. And he took what he wanted.

Shane even took Lori doggie-style in the woods before Rick came back. Shane wants doggie.....Shane GETS doggie.

Doggie-style still rocks, btw.

TonyR
04-03-2013, 08:33 AM
...i just dont get the appeal. And you can explain it to me and i still won't get it.

Pretty simple. It's "different", and no matter how bad it is (and it's not that bad) it's still "better" than 90% of the other TV viewing options.

broncocalijohn
04-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Yep... Shane was entirely in it for himself and really didn't care about anyone else. He would compromise his integrity in a heartbeat if doing so benefited him in any way. It was... unfortunate... that Carl looked up to him so much because he was too young to see the major flaws in Shane's character.

But he did buzz his hair after he left Otis for dead so he must have felt guilt...or he was ready to kick ass by all means necessary and was looking the part.

Bacchus
04-03-2013, 09:02 PM
I really liked the movie, "Fido".

Fido was awesome.

pricejj
04-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Doggie-style still rocks, btw.

Face down, *** up! That's the way we like to ****!

Blueflame
04-03-2013, 09:31 PM
But he did buzz his hair after he left Otis for dead so he must have felt guilt...or he was ready to kick ass by all means necessary and was looking the part.

The latter sounds more likely to me... if he were feeling guilt, then logic would suggest that he would have wanted to make amends to Herschel's family (for killing Otis) instead of defying Herschel at every turn; from wanting the group to just take over the farm and all of its resources to going in and killing the zombies in the barn with full knowledge that Herschel considered them "still human; just ill". A man who feels guilty doesn't threaten others in the group (like Shane threatened Dale) or plan the murder of his best friend in order to resume an affair with his wife.

It seemed to me that Shane had gotten very good at rationalizing all of the reasons why it should be ok for him to just take whatever he wanted and kill anyone who stood in his way. His character flaws were not all that different from the Governor's... he just wasn't as deranged/mentally unhinged. Both men pretended to be "only doing it for the good of the group" when in reality, what they wanted was unquestioned, unchallenged power of leadership, up to and including the power to determine life or death for anyone who dared to stand up to them.

Br0nc0Buster
04-03-2013, 09:43 PM
This show sucks
I watched like half of season 1 and actually thought it was interesting

But did not watch after that until about a couple weeks ago
Watched the last few episodes and holy crap I did not know someone could make a zombie apocalypse so boring

Obviously I have missed several episodes but from what I have seen I do not quite see the hype

ghwk
04-03-2013, 10:58 PM
This show sucks
I watched like half of season 1 and actually thought it was interesting

But did not watch after that until about a couple weeks ago
Watched the last few episodes and holy crap I did not know someone could make a zombie apocalypse so boring

Obviously I have missed several episodes but from what I have seen I do not quite see the hype

I think you have hit the nail on the head actually. Take a step back and the show sort of blows at this point. It's just cliche.

Durango
04-04-2013, 04:38 AM
My kids can't get enough of this series. I've watched maybe a dozen episodes and honestly, it's not really about zombies any more. It's a television study of what happens when the veil of civilized behaviour is torn away.

The kids enjoy, and fear the zombies. I like the study of human behaviour. There's a lot of truth in this series.

peacepipe
05-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Totally agree that it's because everyone's interested in zombies right now... from Resident Evil to 28 Days later to Shaun of the Dead, people seem to be fascinated by zombies. It helps popularity-wise that there are websites and online video games and the website to "Dead Yourself" so that people can feel like they're a part of the show.

You're right that a lot of the scenes in the show simply don't make any sense (like the scene you described... going off after her husband without any thought whatsoever about where her son was, who was in charge of watching him, or if he was safe... and winding up nearly killed herself). The storyline that I was very weary of... almost impatient with... was Rick's nutty "seeing Lori's ghost" stuff. Guess they kinda resolved that in the finale, but frankly, it sucked. I mean, when the group needed him most, he was wandering off all by himself chasing her ghost. Dumb and lame.
Zombie movies have always had good to great interest,from dawn of the dead(1st version) to resident evil. Horror flicks,especially zombie flicks have a built in following. There's no TV series out there that compares to it. They're trying with shows like revolution &defiance but they're not even close.
The walking dead wouldn't have lasted past the second season if every episode was just running & killing one zombie after another. That would've gotten old & cliche.

Blueflame
05-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Zombie movies have always had good to great interest,from dawn of the dead(1st version) to resident evil. Horror flicks,especially zombie flicks have a built in following. There's no TV series out there that compares to it. They're trying with shows like revolution &defiance but they're not even close.
The walking dead wouldn't have lasted past the second season if every episode was just running & killing one zombie after another. That would've gotten old & cliche.

True... they have to do some "adjusting to the new reality of life" focusing on character development. But those in charge of directing the storyline also have to avoid making it seem like "which character is going to freak out and go nuts this week"? Struggling with ethics questions/making tough decisions for the group is one thing; but for the group's leader/protector to be leaving the group (including his young son and newborn daughter) to fend for themselves while he goes randomly meandering off into zombie-infested fields and forests chasing a ghost just isn't reasonable or rational and it makes the viewer question Rick's mental/emotional state which hurts his credibility as the group leader. The group in general is as strong or as weak as its leader; an emotionally/mentally weak leader who's going nuts and chasing ghosts would get them killed; he would not have the correct focus on "what needs to be done" to keep them alive while he was putting his delusions ahead of everything else.

It's also going to be challenging because with each human survivor they kill off, the "personal interactions" storyline possibilities become more limited... and bringing in new characters is tricky because of the obvious distrust they'd have of any other human survivors, with the risks of exposing the women and children in the group to possible danger from "outsiders". There are a lot of possibilities with the refugees from the Governor's town... but considering that everyone who was even possibly capable of carrying a gun had been conscripted into the Governor's army, the remaining people from the town will be liabilities, not assets. And having become used to having amenities in the town, they're likely to be whiny with having to suffer hardships. "Whiny + unable to assist in defending the prison" is going to = "an annoying drain on the group's limited resources". :) They did need to find a way to bring in new human characters to keep the show interesting though.

peacepipe
05-01-2013, 02:20 PM
True... they have to do some "adjusting to the new reality of life" focusing on character development. But those in charge of directing the storyline also have to avoid making it seem like "which character is going to freak out and go nuts this week"? Struggling with ethics questions/making tough decisions for the group is one thing; but for the group's leader/protector to be leaving the group (including his young son and newborn daughter) to fend for themselves while he goes randomly meandering off into zombie-infested fields and forests chasing a ghost just isn't reasonable or rational and it makes the viewer question Rick's mental/emotional state which hurts his credibility as the group leader. The group in general is as strong or as weak as its leader; an emotionally/mentally weak leader who's going nuts and chasing ghosts would get them killed; he would not have the correct focus on "what needs to be done" to keep them alive while he was putting his delusions ahead of everything else.

It's also going to be challenging because with each human survivor they kill off, the "personal interactions" storyline possibilities become more limited... and bringing in new characters is tricky because of the obvious distrust they'd have of any other human survivors, with the risks of exposing the women and children in the group to possible danger from "outsiders". There are a lot of possibilities with the refugees from the Governor's town... but considering that everyone who was even possibly capable of carrying a gun had been conscripted into the Governor's army, the remaining people from the town will be liabilities, not assets. And having become used to having amenities in the town, they're likely to be whiny with having to suffer hardships. "Whiny + unable to assist in defending the prison" is going to = "an annoying drain on the group's limited resources". :) They did need to find a way to bring in new human characters to keep the show interesting though.

Addressing your issue with rick,you seem to be upset that rick isn't being portrayed in the typical fashion. Rick would be a pretty boring character if he was just like every other TV hero/leader usually portrayed on TV or in movies,perfect,never flinching. That would be Cliche. I find it refreshing that he's being portrayed as a great but flawed leader. Everything isn't black or white, which is a strong positive for the show. Like the decision on whether to turn mishon over to the gov.,to the hiker they drove by and ignored. Character development IMO, has been a driving force in the shows success. I'll admit season 2 dragged on a little but
Overall gave the show a stronger foundation in fans getting to know the characters.

Blueflame
05-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Addressing your issue with rick,you seem to be upset that rick isn't being portrayed in the typical fashion. Rick would be a pretty boring character if he was just like every other TV hero/leader usually portrayed on TV or in movies,perfect,never flinching. That would be Cliche. I find it refreshing that he's being portrayed as a great but flawed leader. Everything isn't black or white, which is a strong positive for the show. Like the decision on whether to turn mishon over to the gov.,to the hiker they drove by and ignored. Character development IMO, has been a driving force in the shows success. I'll admit season 2 dragged on a little but
Overall gave the show a stronger foundation in fans getting to know the characters.

I'm not "upset"... just didn't think it was a good storyline to turn the leader/protector of the group into a (temporarily) self-absorbed nutjob who was absent instead of doing the things that the rest of the group were counting on him to do. I'm not alone in finding that particular "segue" to be incredibly lame and annoying. "Flawed" is something anyone in that situation would be... but "insane" is something else entirely and his (scripted) behavior did cross the line into "unhinged".

DenverBound
03-24-2014, 12:50 AM
Anyone still watching this? What do you think they have in store for the season finale next week?

peacepipe
03-24-2014, 02:09 AM
Anyone still watching this? What do you think they have in store for the season finale next week?

Yeah,but have Recorded the whole season, I'll watch it in a marathon this weekend.

Navy Broncos Fan
03-24-2014, 05:24 AM
I still watch it weekly. Cannot wait for next week. Not sure what Terminus has in store, but it can't be good. I never read the comics but have heard tales of a possible group of cannibals.

iforgotmypassword
03-24-2014, 07:17 AM
shut up Navy! Jeeeez man give It away why don't ya....

Anyways, retarded show, just stupid. But I can't stop watching it every week now that I'm into it. If you haven't started it yet, don't do it.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-24-2014, 08:33 AM
I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST SHOW ON TV IN A LONG TIME!

rmsanger
03-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Terminus is:

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/4fad386beab8eac843000000/its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg

Bronco X
03-24-2014, 09:02 AM
Yeah, it's an idiotic show and the writers assume the audience is idiots... but I also keep watching for some reason. They do have good episodes occasionally... the show is nothing if not inconsistent. Both in quality and with the way the logic of the fictional premise is applied in the story (sometimes gunfire attracts surrounding walkers... sometimes it doesn't.... sometimes the characters think about that... sometimes they don't... pretty much the rule is only used when it is convenient for the plot and it's ignored when it isn't).

Crushaholic
03-24-2014, 09:47 AM

One of my favorite horror movies, TO THIS DAY, is the original "Night of the Living Dead". That's a good example of a credible threat, from zombies. I don't know if this series comes close to that kind of feeling, or not. I stopped watching it very early on...

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-24-2014, 09:47 AM
Terminus is:

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/4fad386beab8eac843000000/its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg

LOL. Agreed, but how? Poison? Gang of thugs like the ones that Daryl is hanging with now. Or just over run when a hoard of walkers come by. Or my favorite would be that Mary is Mary Yar. The great great great great great grandmother of Tasha Yar.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-24-2014, 09:48 AM
One of my favorite horror movies, TO THIS DAY, is the original "Night of the Living Dead". That's a good example of a credible threat, from zombies. I don't know if this series comes close to that kind of feeling, or not. I stopped watching it very early on...

The show really isn't a horror show. More of a Sci-Fi/morality play than anything.

rmsanger
03-24-2014, 11:07 AM
LOL. Agreed, but how? Poison? Gang of thugs like the ones that Daryl is hanging with now. Or just over run when a hoard of walkers come by. Or my favorite would be that Mary is Mary Yar. The great great great great great grandmother of Tasha Yar.

I think it could be a multitude of things. In terms of demand the biggest commodities would be: Sex, food, sport, entertainment, protection, and maybe reproduction.

Based upon the qualities of each in the group I'm assuming they could be used for different things. Maybe Glenn for sporting/entertainment for death pit of zombies, Maggie for sex/repro, Tyrese for protection, the baby for food (think veal), the list goes on and on.

The other route is scientific experimentation with zombies to create a cure/hybrid route. Think Woodbury miles beyond combined with Res Evil.

I would be interested for a third unique approach yet to be determined.

Nickstixx
03-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Terminus is a village of cannibals... at least that is what I was hearing.

broncosteven
03-24-2014, 12:07 PM
I have to rewatch last nights episode I was playing a Sit-and-go tourney on my phone and got locked into a epic come from behind chip battle and all I remember is the chick at the end.

I did win the table tourney, I was down to 880 chips and the other player had 3k. I waited for good cards and threw away trash until I was able to be the table bully and eventually win. In the past I would have got bored and thrown all in to end it but I have been taking my game to the next level recently and have been coming from behind more often. I forgot how much I enjoyed playing and now have something to do with my smart phone.

91BRONCO
03-24-2014, 02:41 PM
I have to rewatch last nights episode I was playing a Sit-and-go tourney on my phone and got locked into a epic come from behind chip battle and all I remember is the chick at the end.

I did win the table tourney, I was down to 880 chips and the other player had 3k. I waited for good cards and threw away trash until I was able to be the table bully and eventually win. In the past I would have got bored and thrown all in to end it but I have been taking my game to the next level recently and have been coming from behind more often. I forgot how much I enjoyed playing and now have something to do with my smart phone.

Playing online for cash?

McDman
03-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Did anyone find it ridiclous when Beth tried liquot for the first time and it was moonshine and all she did was say it was gross?

bronco militia
03-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Did anyone find it ridiclous when Beth tried liquot for the first time and it was moonshine and all she did was say it was gross?

Yep...and moonshine is an instant panty remover

McDman
03-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Yep...and moonshine is an instant panty remover

Even for people who drink a lot moonshine can be rough.

Bronco X
03-24-2014, 05:50 PM

Par for the course with this show. The frustrating thing is there's moments that are pretty inspired, like the juicy ethical paradox Carol faced in the previous episode. But those happen maybe once or twice a season... the rest is filled with an almost anti-Darwinist "survival of the stupidest" take. Like how police academy dropout Tara survived a year plus of the apocalypse holed up in an apartment with her family, apparently never once trying a headshot on the zombies roving around the building even though they kept getting up and trying to eat her.

Baba Booey
03-24-2014, 05:53 PM
Watching True Detective and then watching this is like reading the Art of War before switching to a Berenstain Bears book.

Bronco X
03-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Watching True Detective and then watching this is like reading the Art of War before switching to a Berenstain Bears book.

True that. I had a similar reaction when Breaking Bad ended and the 4th season started in its wake. It's almost unfair to compare this show to those two, but watching high quality television elevates standards...

BroncoMan4ever
03-24-2014, 07:01 PM
http://imageserve.babycenter.com/9/000/240/7Yr19TlRfDJ2oIR9cQiAKrUReLpK5dXn_lg.jpg

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-24-2014, 07:25 PM
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1743474_850734044943310_611331628_n.png

OMG!!!!

McDman
03-24-2014, 07:42 PM

That is insulting to the Berestein Bears. They educate kids. Twilight would be a bettet analogy.

broncosteven
03-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Playing online for cash?

Just online for free on my smart phone. I am going to try to get our home game going again and seek out some fundraising type tourneys again. I had to stop after my car accident because I couldn't sit at a table that long, worth giving it another try now.

ShutDownPoster
03-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Well, TWD has the hype and legion of undead fan boys to keep it going. It's really hard to have so many parallel storylines, and you really need a great script and master storyteller to pull it off. Here is just a massive clusterfark.

Bronc0guy
03-24-2014, 08:54 PM
I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST SHOW ON TV IN A LONG TIME!

Not even close, IMO. But to each their own. (I do watch and enjoy the show though)

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-24-2014, 09:05 PM
Not even close, IMO. But to each their own. (I do watch and enjoy the show though)

I also watch Following, Elementry, CSI, Criminal Minds. But my new free TV show is Hannibal. Its been the only Anthony Hopkins free Hannibal thing that I've liked. IMHO each show hass been movie quility story telling.

ShutDownPoster
03-24-2014, 09:19 PM
+1 love Hannibal!

Kaylore
03-24-2014, 09:20 PM
This season was much better than the last one. Season 3 was so awful. Time to wrap this up, though. I am in as long as Rick is a character. The way they phased him out this season has me suspicious.

Bronc0guy
03-24-2014, 09:23 PM
This season was much better than the last one. Season 3 was so awful. Time to wrap this up, though. I am in as long as Rick is a character. The way they phased him out this season has me suspicious.

Just caught up on season 4, much better than 3. It needs to end after one more season, but it won't. I've read online the writers could see it lasting until 2020....

Bronc0guy
03-24-2014, 09:28 PM
I also watch Following, Elementry, CSI, Criminal Minds. But my new free TV show is Hannibal. Its been the only Anthony Hopkins free Hannibal thing that I've liked. IMHO each show hass been movie quility story telling.

Hannibal is great. It's the only show not on cable or HBO that has grabbed me and held on in a while. I admittedly like dark, serious shows with some violence, deep plot, and a little dark humor sprinkled in. My favorites are the sopranos, sons of anarchy, breaking bad, the wire, justified, game of thrones, and dexter (although the last 3 seasons were pretty subpar to the others). Blacklist was cool the first season, kinda over it though.

Bronc0guy
03-24-2014, 09:30 PM
http://imageserve.babycenter.com/9/000/240/7Yr19TlRfDJ2oIR9cQiAKrUReLpK5dXn_lg.jpg

Lol. That bitch was crazy. Destined to be a sociopathic serial killer had she not been growing up in a zombie apocalypse.

Durango
03-25-2014, 03:16 AM

Me too. Killing off Rick would end my fascination with this show, but I think the foreshadowing is intended for the son, which also is completely unacceptable.

Blueflame
03-25-2014, 04:09 AM
Me too. Killing off Rick would end my fascination with this show, but I think the foreshadowing is intended for the son, which also is completely unacceptable.

Once The Governor was killed off, it was a "given" that they're gonna need a new human threat to the group's survival (Terminus is almost definitely bad news). For each human that dies, they need to introduce more humans or the show would become quite boring.

It looked to me like the bonding between Michonne and Rick's son is kinda hinting at a next-season romance for her and Rick.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-25-2014, 06:32 AM
Once The Governor was killed off, it was a "given" that they're gonna need a new human threat to the group's survival (Terminus is almost definitely bad news). For each human that dies, they need to introduce more humans or the show would become quite boring.

It looked to me like the bonding between Michonne and Rick's son is kinda hinting at a next-season romance for her and Rick.

It funny you say that. It could happen. But I want to see Tyress and Carol hook-up. It happens in the comicbook. But Carol in the comicbook is way more Efffed up.

oubronco
03-25-2014, 06:33 AM

What happened to her?

Bronco X
03-25-2014, 07:17 AM

I thought last season for the most part was better, except for the weak season finale and the fact they didn't wrap up the prison and Governor storylines. The episodes where Lori dies and Morgan comes back were some of the series best since the pilot though.

The first half of this season was completely idiotic until the mid season finale. I think it's fine when characters do stupid things or make mistakes, but this group acts too dumb to live. I mean, you got a disease spreading around that's killing people, and you are trying to quarantine the sick in a prison block, and not one person among them thinks to lock the dying people in a prison cell to contain the reanimated corpse? Or Carol killing those people... just an absurdly extreme measure with almost no probability of successfully preventing the spread of a disease. That kind of stuff isn't actually stupid characters... it's stupid writing.

The second half has been a bit better. But it still had stuff like the Daryl/Beth episode... that was as bad as this show gets. The finale should be better than the last one hopefully. It's got one of the best Breaking Bad directors behind the helm -- Michelle Maclaren -- who can direct some kick ass action scenes so it should at least be exciting.

I doubt they kill off Rick but Maggie burning her photo because Glenn "won't need it" sure seems like hackneyed foreshadowing...

manchambo
03-25-2014, 07:17 AM
Terminus is a village of cannibals... at least that is what I was hearing.

That's what I suspect. I mean, what did she have on that grill?

Johnykbr
03-25-2014, 07:27 AM
Just. Kill. Carl. Whenever he is involved, stupid stuff happens. But if they follow the comics at all as it seems they are doing lately it won't happen...sigh.

McDman
03-25-2014, 08:18 AM
What happened to her?

She tried her first drink of alcohol and it was moonshine they found in a barn. She didn't even make a face, she just said it was gross. It is someting small but it is one of the many things yhis show overlooks. More than likely she would be coughing/gagging. It was just ridiculousn

TonyR
03-25-2014, 08:24 AM
She tried her first drink of alcohol and it was moonshine...

I assume he's asking what happened to her later in the episode. Who abducted her, where they took her, etc.

Kaylore
03-25-2014, 08:30 AM
It funny you say that. It could happen. But I want to see Tyress and Carol hook-up. It happens in the comicbook. But Carol in the comicbook is way more Efffed up.

Yeah the Carol in the show is actually really strong and has got her stuff together. The Carol from the books was a total co-dependent whack job and it makes sense someone like that would spiral into madness in a world where everything is fickle. Carol in the show should be more messed up than she is with what happened to Sophia, her husband and now these two girls. But somehow she's let those experiences make her stronger which is a huge departure from the source material.

The other issue is chemistry. Michonne and Rick have chemistry with each other. Carol and Tyreese do not. Good TV writers lean on what's working on screen and allow the progression to seem organic and keep the story somewhat fresh.

pricejj
03-25-2014, 10:23 AM
I still really love this show. This has been a really good season. I didn't like the Darryl and Beth episode, mainly because I didn't like all the hints of "when I'm gone, and you're the only one left". I don't want the show to end that way. But I get why they did it, it's logical.

Overall, the artistic element this season has been cool to watch...almost like each episode is a neat little self-contained, life-like diarama.

broncocalijohn
03-25-2014, 11:11 AM

awesome! I loved the ending of last week's episode and knew it was coming. That girl had no clue....to the end.

broncocalijohn
03-25-2014, 11:16 AM
That's what I suspect. I mean, what did she have on that grill?

Anybody that sets up those many signs has an agenda. I would hope the group lets only half of them go in and report back to a spot within 24 hours. They seemed to have vehicles but then they are gone. Get your ass to Wash DC mullet man.

oubronco
03-25-2014, 11:19 AM
She tried her first drink of alcohol and it was moonshine they found in a barn. She didn't even make a face, she just said it was gross. It is someting small but it is one of the many things yhis show overlooks. More than likely she would be coughing/gagging. It was just ridiculousn

No I mean what happened to her she was with Daryl and now she's gone and he's with a group

broncocalijohn
03-25-2014, 11:26 AM
No I mean what happened to her she was with Daryl and now she's gone and he's with a group

They were in a funeral home when Daryl opened the front door thinking it was a dog but to his surprise, about 6 zombies came breaking in. She went out the back door and she might have thought he was dead. He runs after her as she drives away in the funeral home hearst. He starts to walk when the Group of 6 find him sitting in the middle of the road.

TonyR
03-25-2014, 12:26 PM
She went out the back door and she might have thought he was dead. He runs after her as she drives away in the funeral home hearst.

She didn't just "drive away". She was "taken" away. That's why they show her bag lying in the street.

oubronco
03-25-2014, 12:50 PM
So who took her

Kaylore
03-25-2014, 01:24 PM
So who took her

We don't know yet.

pricejj
03-25-2014, 01:40 PM
So who took her

Somebody in a freaking hearse. Probably the same person who had all the food stored in the house. Seems like a mortician or something.

oubronco
03-25-2014, 03:13 PM
We don't know yet.

Thanks, it just seems weird that Daryl is with another group and not out lookin for her I thought she was dead

Irish Stout
03-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks, it just seems weird that Daryl is with another group and not out lookin for her I thought she was dead

He went chasing after her as best he could, came to a 4-way intersection and couldn't figure out which way to go to find her. He sat in the middle of the road giving up when the new group of guys found him. His whole silent story with the new group is that he has mostly given up and doesn't give much of a **** anymore.

pricejj
03-25-2014, 03:36 PM
Are those biker dudes going to Terminus to find Rick, because he strangled their homie?

Kinda seems strange that they kill everybody who does them wrong, yet didn't bother punishing their own guys who got in the fight when Rick was under the bed.

Beating up your friends for fun is cool, but lying isn't?

broncocalijohn
03-25-2014, 03:45 PM
She didn't just "drive away". She was "taken" away. That's why they show her bag lying in the street.

****, missed that part. I wish i didn't erase the episode yesterday.

Bronc0guy
03-25-2014, 03:52 PM

My guess is we'll find out what happens to her about halfway through next season. These episodes being centered around basically one group, maybe 2, have made for an interesting second half to the season. I think it will lead to a disappointing finale though, as there's just too much to cover in this last hour. Terminus is going to be a train wreck, but I don't think everyone will get there in the finale. Rick's group, and Daryl's group probably will, doubt we even see Carol and Tyrese.

Bronc0guy
03-25-2014, 03:56 PM
Are those biker dudes going to Terminus to find Rick, because he strangled their homie?

Kinda seems strange that they kill everybody who does them wrong, yet didn't bother punishing their own guys who got in the fight when Rick was under the bed.

Just a group of a-holes, thinking they are living by some kind of honorable "code", but really just bad men doing bad things. You could hear them talking in the episode where Rick was under the bed, calling dibs on raping Michonne when she got back because they had found a woman's shirt that had been washed recently.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Yeah the Carol in the show is actually really strong and has got her stuff together. The Carol from the books was a total co-dependent whack job and it makes sense someone like that would spiral into madness in a world where everything is fickle. Carol in the show should be more messed up than she is with what happened to Sophia, her husband and now these two girls. But somehow she's let those experiences make her stronger which is a huge departure from the source material.

The other issue is chemistry. Michonne and Rick have chemistry with each other. Carol and Tyreese do not. Good TV writers lean on what's working on screen and allow the progression to seem organic and keep the story somewhat fresh.

LOL. Of course. But I see Rick just likes the fact that Machonne makes Carl happy and a normal boy for a little bit. I think in the comicbook Machonne is Rick's right hand woman. I don't know how closely they'll follow the books. There has been many departures from the comic I think they'll continue that trend.

Agamemnon
03-25-2014, 09:07 PM

The whole claiming thing didn't really jive with the fight over the bed earlier on. I agree with that. It's probably better though if one doesn't over-analyze a show about a zombie apocalypse. And hey, maybe the guy "caught a beating" after the fact. You never know.

broncolife
03-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Would be funny to see someone from Rick's group get captured by Daryl's group. Then Daryl claim them to save them.

cutthemdown
03-25-2014, 11:42 PM
He went chasing after her as best he could, came to a 4-way intersection and couldn't figure out which way to go to find her. He sat in the middle of the road giving up when the new group of guys found him. His whole silent story with the new group is that he has mostly given up and doesn't give much of a **** anymore.

I think he knows they are tracking Rick and Michonne. Daryl really good at knowing the shoe prints. And then he saw the candy wrapper and probably knew Michonne had those candy bars.

Bronc0guy
03-25-2014, 11:44 PM
I think he knows they are tracking Rick and Michonne. Daryl really good at knowing the shoe prints. And then he saw the candy wrapper and probably knew Michonne had those candy bars.

^good point.

Bronc0guy
03-30-2014, 07:04 PM
Well, that was interesting.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-30-2014, 07:26 PM
That was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Where's Beth?
http://www.walkingdeadzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/emily-kinney-beth-greene-walking-dead-002.jpg

TDmvp
03-30-2014, 07:53 PM
Anticlimactic...

Love the show but this season was sorta blah and the finale was very anticlimactic.
I'm sure next season is set up to be killer tho. Just sucks how the cliff hanger was sorts a blah and we have to wait so long to see how it plays out.

#blah #unsatisfying

oubronco
03-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Where's Beth?
http://www.walkingdeadzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/emily-kinney-beth-greene-walking-dead-002.jpg

That's what I want to know and were those human bones in the pile that Daryl and them ran by trying to get away?

TDmvp
03-30-2014, 08:35 PM
Where's Beth?

Wasn't there another train car full of people that they ran by that we hear people screaming from?
Soon as I seen them all together at the end minus Beth I figured she was going to end up being in another car.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-30-2014, 08:40 PM
That's what I want to know and were those human bones in the pile that Daryl and them ran by trying to get away?

I don't know. That yellow shirt that Mary was looked awefully familiar.

Bronc0guy
03-30-2014, 08:48 PM
Wasn't there another train car full of people that they ran by that we hear people screaming from?
Soon as I seen them all together at the end minus Beth I figured she was going to end up being in another car.

Yea, there was another car with people yelling for help as they ran by. Im pretty certain these people are cannibals and those were def human bones. They are certainly in a pickle, not sure how they will get out of it. Next season has been set up nicely, this one has been up and down. I thought it ended strong these last 3 episodes though. IMO, Beth isn't at Terminus. I think she was abducted by someone else and it'll be a couple episodes into next season before we figure out whats going on there. Curious to see how Tyrese and Carol come into play.

Old Dude
03-30-2014, 08:52 PM
I figure the only reason they didn't shoot them all right away was because they want to fatten them up.

Kaylore
03-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Well I suspect that the Terminus people are cannibals (Technically Rick is now too :)). And Denise Crosby's character was the defaced woman in that painting, so whatever that means, we'll have to see. But the series creator said this season was about them all growing up, and I think they all did. Now for once a season isn't going to begin where they are in an awesome situation and we have to watch it be ruined. Now they are in a bad situation and it may improve. Anyway I thought this season was much better than Season 3, which was a total mail-in by the writers. Some of those episodes were just garbage. I enjoyed this one, at least. It will be interesting where this goes.

Bronc0guy
03-30-2014, 09:25 PM
Well I suspect that the Terminus people are cannibals (Technically Rick is now too :)). That whole sequence was pretty dark, even for this show. It was looking pretty hopeless there for a minute, Daryl getting his ass kicked, Michonne's attempts to get the gun from that guy were being easily shrugged off, Carl was about to get raped. (My buddy I was watching with didn't think that was the case, but we rewinded it and that guy was no doubt about to rape him). Then Rick goes zombie on the guy and the tide turned.

Cmac821
03-31-2014, 05:07 AM
Carl was about to get raped. (My buddy I was watching with didn't think that was the case, but we rewinded it and that guy was no doubt about to rape him).

Yeah, his hand reaches off camera and you can hear a belt unclip. Pretty bad timing to just be making adjustments, didn't look good

55CrushEm
03-31-2014, 06:45 AM
Yea, there was another car with people yelling for help as they ran by. Im pretty certain these people are cannibals and those were def human bones. They are certainly in a pickle, not sure how they will get out of it. Next season has been set up nicely, this one has been up and down. I thought it ended strong these last 3 episodes though. IMO, Beth isn't at Terminus. I think she was abducted by someone else and it'll be a couple episodes into next season before we figure out whats going on there. Curious to see how Tyrese and Carol come into play.

My guess is Carol and Tyrese will sneak in and find the train car that they are all in......then Rick will let them know of the bag of weapons that he buried right outside the fence.

Carol/Tyrese will arm a few of them in the train car with those weapons.....and when someone from Terminus comes to feed them......BLAM!

Escape.

Kaylore
03-31-2014, 06:52 AM
Yeah my wife didn't think Carl was being raped either, but it seemed very Deliverance to me. And I agree that whole sequence was pretty shocking. The only thing that would have made it GOT Red Wedding shocking is if Rick and the rest all died. The most shocking part to me was that the survivors got killed so quickly after they were somewhat established as strong characters and you kind of felt like they were going to be bigger players. I actually thought Rick biting the guy was smart considering he's been seeing undead do that with great efficacy for so many years.

jmz313
03-31-2014, 07:52 AM
I find each season that the continuity getting worse and worse. Do the characters not learn anything from their past experiences? The writers really have to manufacture the suspense now, and its somewhat trying at times.

i still enjoy it but the series dropped from a great show to a fun show IMO.

that said....

I think Terminus is more of a brain washing / Cult place. Maybe they eat the humans they cant brain wash, or they are doing some type of sacrifices to their god. Not sure, I am excited to see a colder brand of Rick next season. (if they follow through).

bronco militia
03-31-2014, 07:58 AM
I find each season that the continuity getting worse and worse. Do the characters not learn anything from their past experiences? The writers really have to manufacture the suspense now, and its somewhat trying at times.

i still enjoy it but the series dropped from a great show to a fun show IMO.

that said....

I think Terminus is more of a brain washing / Cult place. Maybe they eat the humans they cant brain wash, or they are doing some type of sacrifices to their god. Not sure, I am excited to see a colder brand of Rick next season. (if they follow through).

they have no food...what do you suggest they do?

jmz313
03-31-2014, 08:12 AM
they have no food...what do you suggest they do?

The People of Terminus? They have gardens, i assume people go on runs. all the same stuff the "good guys" did at the prison.

maybe i'm not following what your asking?

bronco militia
03-31-2014, 09:08 AM
The People of Terminus? They have gardens, i assume people go on runs. all the same stuff the "good guys" did at the prison.

maybe i'm not following what your asking?

the fractured group Rick, Daryl etc.

Irish Stout
03-31-2014, 09:25 AM
Three things seemed clear to me from the finale:

1. Rick will be more of a bad ass now. He has accepted his role as a leader and protector at all costs and he will do anything required to try and protect Carl.

2. Terminus is definitely a cannibal community. When Rick, Daryl, Carl and Michone were running through the compound they passed (quickly) by a gated area with tarps and butchered meat, including what looked like human skulls. Plus, there was no other reason for the Terminus people to herd them to the train car and let them live, rather than mowing them down.

http://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/terminus-cannibals.png

3. Carl was definitely going to be raped. The fat dude flipped carl onto his stomach and was unbuckling his belt. The leader of the Claimers also told Rick they were going to basically do it to Michone and Carl.

TonyR
03-31-2014, 09:30 AM
^ I agree with Irish on all counts. On #2, they didn't want bullets in their food!

Irish Stout
03-31-2014, 09:37 AM
^ I agree with Irish on all counts. On #2, they didn't want bullets in their food!

Not only that, but you don't butcher the cow unless you have somewhere to store the beef. Its not like there would be many running ice chests in the zombie apocalypse for meat storage through the summer.

Wes Mantooth
03-31-2014, 10:05 AM
I don't know how you guys do it. The comics have been out for along time and the cliff notes on Wikipedia. The answers are readily available.

also, I have a theory that in about 1-2 more seasons, the comic and show will be released at the same time which could be the drive for some of these story lines dragging out on the show.

91BRONCO
03-31-2014, 10:29 AM
I don't know how you guys do it. The comics have been out for along time and the cliff notes on Wikipedia. The answers are readily available.

also, I have a theory that in about 1-2 more seasons, the comic and show will be released at the same time which could be the drive for some of these story lines dragging out on the show.

It's actually pretty simple- just don't read that stuff:)

broncocalijohn
03-31-2014, 10:35 AM

I think Tyrese and Carol are the ones who come and save them (Beth too if she is found by them). I loved the scene with Rick (go for the jugular!), Daryl, Carl and Machonne. Bad ass. Terminus just pissed off Rick in a whole new way but if he was so worried about this place and buried the weapons a few feet from the complex, why did he have all 4 of them go inside? Would have made more sense to leave Carl and one other to stay outside the premises until they are heard from the others that went inside. I hope someone has a pocket knife in their buttcrack so they can start working loose nuts or bend back rusty metal.

jmz313
03-31-2014, 11:25 AM
the fractured group Rick, Daryl etc.

really have no clue if they wont be feed... we only saw them just get locked up. i have no clue.

broncosteven
03-31-2014, 11:45 AM
They should have ran when they saw Tasha Yar's great great great great great great great great great great great grandmother serving their friends.

Wes Mantooth
03-31-2014, 12:02 PM

SPOILER ALERT: Darth Vader is Luke's father.

Kaylore
03-31-2014, 12:25 PM

And they don't follow the comics. Carol sleeps with Tyreece and then kills herself when he changes to Michonne and then she kills herself. Sophia never dies. The Greenes die differently and at different times and in different ways. And Daryle and Merle aren't even in the comics - AT ALL. So you can use the comics to guess, but as things have evolved in a totally different way and time frame, the comics aren't any kind of predictive bible.

Bronc0guy
03-31-2014, 12:29 PM
I think Tyrese and Carol are the ones who come and save them (Beth too if she is found by them). I loved the scene with Rick (go for the jugular!), Daryl, Carl and Machonne. Bad ass. Terminus just pissed off Rick in a whole new way but if he was so worried about this place and buried the weapons a few feet from the complex, why did he have all 4 of them go inside? Would have made more sense to leave Carl and one other to stay outside the premises until they are heard from the others that went inside. I hope someone has a pocket knife in their buttcrack so they can start working loose nuts or bend back rusty metal.

I didn't understand the decision for all four of them to go in at once, either. Also think they probably could have waited a little longer while scouting things out before they went in. I think your right about Tyrese and Carol coming to the rescue, but I bet a few members of the main gang in the car end up as steaks on the grill before all is said and done.

91BRONCO
03-31-2014, 01:07 PM
SPOILER ALERT: Darth Vader is Luke's father.

I was meaning to get around to that movie but now thanks to you I'll never watch it.... :thumbs:

Wes Mantooth
03-31-2014, 06:32 PM
I was meaning to get around to that movie but now thanks to you I'll never watch it.... :thumbs:

Lol.

Wes Mantooth
03-31-2014, 06:36 PM
And they don't follow the comics. Carol sleeps with Tyreece and then kills herself when he changes to Michonne and then she kills herself. Sophia never dies. The Greenes die differently and at different times and in different ways. And Daryle and Merle aren't even in the comics - AT ALL. So you can use the comics to guess, but as things have evolved in a totally different way and time frame, the comics aren't any kind of predictive bible.

Concepts and themes match up though. Terminus is Terminus.

cutthemdown
03-31-2014, 09:00 PM
I love the show even with the huge story screwups. Let's say 5 of us were a group. Would we all walk in together? I doubt it. Most likely a couple would lay back. If all is good they come get them, if not those 2 know something bad happened and they could mount a rescue. Maybe even only send in one brave person at a time.

cutthemdown
03-31-2014, 09:01 PM
I didn't understand the decision for all four of them to go in at once, either. Also think they probably could have waited a little longer while scouting things out before they went in. I think your right about Tyrese and Carol coming to the rescue, but I bet a few members of the main gang in the car end up as steaks on the grill before all is said and done.

exactly. For sure a group would be smarter then going in together.

pricejj
03-31-2014, 09:02 PM
Season 4 was the best, since Season 1. Loved it. The scene with Rick in the dark was probably the best scene of the whole series.

1, Terminus has to be cannibals. No other way to have huge slabs of meat like that off the grill.

2. Rick's right, they don't know who they're f'ing with. Ain't nobody going in that railcar without getting their neck ripped out. Nobody is going out either. The entire group is together, and there is no reason to get separated again. Can't wait until next season!

3. Loved the flashbacks of Herschel convincing Rick to farm. Not sure why it was relevant, but maybe it meant cultivating seeds of family. Now that everybody is together, Rick will never let them separate again.

4. Only queston: How could you escape a situation like that? Take the first hostage who comes in the door? Then what?

Dexter
03-31-2014, 09:04 PM
Season 4 was the best, since Season 1. Loved it. The scene with Rick in the dark was probably the best scene of the whole series.

1, Terminus has to be cannibals. No other way to have huge slabs of meat like that off the grill.

2. Rick's right, they don't know who they're f'ing with. Ain't nobody going in that railcar without getting their neck ripped out. Nobody is going out either. The entire group is together, and there is no reason to get separated again. Can't wait until next season!

3. Loved the flashbacks of Herschel convincing Rick to farm. Not sure why it was relevant, but maybe it meant cultivating seeds of family. Now that everybody is together, Rick will never let them separate again.

4. Only queston: How could you escape a situation like that? Take the first hostage who comes in the door? Then what?

One of my primary questions is, where is Beth? I think she's easily become one of my favorite characters and I'm going to be pissed if she's randomly dead.

pricejj
03-31-2014, 09:18 PM
One of my primary questions is, where is Beth? I think she's easily become one of my favorite characters and I'm going to be pissed if she's randomly dead.

No she's not randomly dead. She's alive somewhere, and that's good enough for me. You think a pimp mortician in a Cadillac is just going to kill her? Nah, I don't think so.

ShutDownPoster
03-31-2014, 10:12 PM
I just want a peak at the lesbian's fat hooters, c'mon producers - just throw a guy a bone please.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-31-2014, 10:13 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/10171130_854756321207749_284928793_n.png

Link: http://bit.ly/1ljQvWk

Norman Mark Reedus "Daryl Dixon" fired from The Walking Dead on Saturday, March 29, 2014 after a disagreement with producers Scott Gimple and Robert Kirkman.

Archer81
03-31-2014, 10:19 PM

Clearly you rip out their throat with their teeth then castrate the dick bag trying to rape your son. After that, anything is game. It is the zombie apocalypse. Tribalism is the rule of the day. Your group must survive. Your group must be dominant. If that means killing every mother****er in the room, you do it. There is no question about it.

Civilization is a thin candy coating on man's dark impulses. Free the beast.

pricejj
03-31-2014, 10:57 PM
Clearly you rip out their throat with their teeth then castrate the dick bag trying to rape your son. After that, anything is game. It is the zombie apocalypse. Tribalism is the rule of the day. Your group must survive. Your group must be dominant. If that means killing every mother****er in the room, you do it. There is no question about it.

Yeah, you could do it easily. Go bananas on the couple people who are bringing you food, then take their guns and run. Trick them, like they tricked you. Kill 'em all.

Bronc0guy
03-31-2014, 11:36 PM
Season 4 was the best, since Season 1. Loved it. The scene with Rick in the dark was probably the best scene of the whole series. Season 2 is probably still my favorite. I know a lot of people didn't like how long the group looked for Carol's daughter, and the lengthy time at the farm. To me though, it was by far the best season character development wise, and the tension building up between Shane and Rick\Shane and Dale was great. Carol's daughter walking out of the barn is still the shows biggest wtf moment, IMO. Do agree that the scene with Rick going ape**** in the finale might be the best of the series as far as intensity and suspense goes. There was a definite sense of dread in that sequence.

Bronc0guy
03-31-2014, 11:39 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/10171130_854756321207749_284928793_n.png

Link: http://bit.ly/1ljQvWk

I knew this had to be a joke, lol.

pricejj
04-01-2014, 02:00 AM
Do agree that the scene with Rick going ape**** in the finale might be the best of the series as far as intensity and suspense goes. There was a definite sense of dread in that sequence.

It was weird, because everything was completely unexpected. Except you thought that Rick would live, because of the foreshadowing of him trembling with blood on his hands. I thought for sure somebody was going to get hurt bad or killed, because all the bad guys had weapons.

I couldn't really tell what was happening, because it was so dark. I thought Daryl might have gotten shot. I was like "Oh my god", then Rick did that crazy reverse headbutt and lost it. Can't remember seeing many cooler scenes than that, especially in a TV show.

Agamemnon
04-01-2014, 10:09 AM

Hilarious!

razorwire77
04-01-2014, 10:24 AM

Years ago, when I was a college student I worked for Ultimate Electronics. Black Friday I watched a middle-aged soccer mom rip a $29.95 portable DVD player from the hands of a elderly woman knocking her down in the process. The look in her eyes when I refused to ring her up after witnessing the carnage was both hilarious and terrifying.

One can only imagine how thin the candy coating would be when the lights go out, the gas at the pump runs out and the stores run empty (even if was only temporarily for a month).

We're all hunger and a turkey leg away from 80,000 BC despite our fancy robes.

Johnykbr
04-01-2014, 10:24 AM
I knew Carl wasn't going to die but man did I get my hopes up for a moment. What a way for him to go too.

Agamemnon
04-01-2014, 10:38 AM

I actually expect Carol and Tyrese to save them.

razorwire77
04-01-2014, 11:31 AM
I'm not really sure how the writers will pull off the group being "saved." The Cannibals have sentinels posted from outside the perimeter of their building. Their numbers looked to be huge too.

Well be interesting to see how it plays out.

Kaylore
04-01-2014, 12:15 PM
I'm not really sure how the writers will pull off the group being "saved." The Cannibals have sentinels posted from outside the perimeter of their building. Their numbers looked to be huge too.

It's the Walking Dead. There aren't a lot of happy endings, so anyone that believes that the group is just going to be set free and run off to Hilltop colony has another thing coming. I'm sure there is going to be quite a bit of collateral damage.

Agamemnon
04-01-2014, 02:03 PM
It's the Walking Dead. There aren't a lot of happy endings, so anyone that believes that the group is just going to be set free and run off to Hilltop colony has another thing coming. I'm sure there is going to be quite a bit of collateral damage.

I fully expect half of the group to die next season.

Bronc0guy
04-01-2014, 02:30 PM
I knew Carl wasn't going to die but man did I get my hopes up for a moment. What a way for him to go too.

I've wanted Carl to die for a couple seasons now, but had he gone out getting gang banged then shot or something like that....damn. That's about the only way the writers could make me feel sorry for him though, can't stand that little bastard.

Bronc0guy
04-01-2014, 02:46 PM
It was weird, because everything was completely unexpected. Except you thought that Rick would live, because of the foreshadowing of him trembling with blood on his hands. I thought for sure somebody was going to get hurt bad or killed, because all the bad guys had weapons.

I couldn't really tell what was happening, because it was so dark. I thought Daryl might have gotten shot. I was like "Oh my god", then Rick did that crazy reverse headbutt and lost it. Can't remember seeing many cooler scenes than that, especially in a TV show.

Yep. After the foreshadowing scene with Rick, I thought either Carl or Michonne were going down in that scuffle for sure. Also thought for a sec maybe some of Glenn's group were goners after Rick noticed the people wearing all their belongings.

Abqbronco
04-01-2014, 06:34 PM

The Nazis had sentinels too but Colonel Hogan and his mad cap band of misfits managed to get out all the time. It can be done with enough determination.

The Impaler
04-02-2014, 01:45 PM
I love the show even with the huge story screwups. Let's say 5 of us were a group. Would we all walk in together? I doubt it. Most likely a couple would lay back. If all is good they come get them, if not those 2 know something bad happened and they could mount a rescue. Maybe even only send in one brave person at a time.

You know, this got me thinking. While I'm sure it's probably just something as simple as the writers either didn't think of that, or, just felt it didn't move the story where they wanted; one "In The Walking Dead world" plausible scenario to the group brain cramp would be fatigue and hunger. Anyone who's watched Survivorman or Naked and Afraid knows what lack of sleep and food can do to the mental faculties.

Johnykbr
04-02-2014, 02:07 PM
You know, this got me thinking. While I'm sure it's probably just something as simple as the writers either didn't think of that, or, just felt it didn't move the story where they wanted; one "In The Walking Dead world" plausible scenario to the group brain cramp would be fatigue and hunger. Anyone who's watched Survivorman or Naked and Afraid knows what lack of sleep and food can do to the mental faculties.

That's a good point but I think most of the people who aren't too scared to close their eyes and haven't become great at scavenging are long gone by this point in the show.

The Impaler
04-02-2014, 02:14 PM
That's a good point but I think most of the people who aren't too scared to close their eyes and haven't become great at scavenging are long gone by this point in the show.

While that's probably true, it wouldn't change the fact that the 4 were on the road scavenging and in a state where they probably weren't getting much rest. Doesn't take more than a few days of that to really start affecting brain function/decision making.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-03-2014, 05:42 PM
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10245418_859813940712426_357897818_n.jpg

Bronc0guy
04-03-2014, 11:45 PM
^ Why couldn't AMC just let Rick drop the f-bomb on that last line? Woulda had so much more oompff. Walter White dropped a f-bomb or two in his day, let Rick get one in.

Blueflame
04-04-2014, 12:33 AM
^ Why couldn't AMC just let Rick drop the f-bomb on that last line? Woulda had so much more oompff. Walter White dropped a f-bomb or two in his day, let Rick get one in.

They addressed that on "The Talking Dead" (with the actor who plays Rick -- it's kinda weird to realize he has a British accent) right after the season finale. The prevailing themes of the episode seemed to be "Rick's done taking any sh*t from anyone -- but he's also concerned about how any and all of his actions might affect his son's perception of his character." He doesn't like it that his son witnessed him killing other human beings, even though the stakes were so high for their entire group if he hadn't done it. He wouldn't give it a second thought if he actually was a sociopath like the guys in the "Claimed" gang, but making the difficult choices weighs on the mind of a good, decent man. It came across as -- he's in the presence of women and his son, so he self-censored his language.

Bronc0guy
04-04-2014, 12:53 AM
They addressed that on "The Talking Dead" (with the actor who plays Rick -- it's kinda weird to realize he has a British accent) right after the season finale. The prevailing themes of the episode seemed to be "Rick's done taking any sh*t from anyone -- but he's also concerned about how any and all of his actions might affect his son's perception of his character." He doesn't like it that his son witnessed him killing other human beings, even though the stakes were so high for their entire group if he hadn't done it. He wouldn't give it a second thought if he actually was a sociopath like the guys in the "Claimed" gang, but making the difficult choices weighs on the mind of a good, decent man. It came across as -- he's in the presence of women and his son, so he self-censored his language.

Ah, ok. Makes sense, thanks for clearing that up. I just assumed it was an AMC thing. WW did have a couple f-bombs during breaking bad, which honestly surprised me. Even FX, the closest thing on cable to HBO, you won't hear any f's dropped. Sons of anarchy is one of the most dark shows I've ever seen, but don't ever recall Jax dropping a f nugget.

Blueflame
04-04-2014, 02:04 AM
Ah, ok. Makes sense, thanks for clearing that up. I just assumed it was an AMC thing. WW did have a couple f-bombs during breaking bad, which honestly surprised me. Even FX, the closest thing on cable to HBO, you won't hear any f's dropped. Sons of anarchy is one of the most dark shows I've ever seen, but don't ever recall Jax dropping a f nugget.

I'd imagine most anyone's language might become more "colorful" than is generally considered acceptable in polite society -- if a zombie apocalypse did occur. "Manners" would definitely take a back seat to "survival".

I do find it interesting that other humans seem to be a larger threat to the group's survival than the zombies are. The "Claimed" gang, for example, was a huge threat to any humans they encountered; basically looking to rape and pillage and woe be to anyone unfortunate enough to cross their path (same story with the strangers Rick had to kill in the bar the night Herschel fell off the wagon in Season 2 -- they didn't dare take the chance of being followed to the farm where the women were).

Bronc0guy
04-04-2014, 02:13 AM
I'd imagine most anyone's language might become more "colorful" than is generally considered acceptable in polite society -- if a zombie apocalypse did occur. "Manners" would definitely take a back seat to "survival".

I do find it interesting that other humans seem to be a larger threat to the group's survival than the zombies are. The "Claimed" gang, for example, was a huge threat to any humans they encountered; basically looking to rape and pillage and woe be to anyone unfortunate enough to cross their path (same story with the strangers Rick had to kill in the bar the night Herschel fell off the wagon in Season 2 -- they didn't dare take the chance of being followed to the farm where the women were).
Seems like every group of people they come across is dangerous in their own way. (Lady who was keeping her husbands head and tried to kill Rick comes to mind). The claimed gang were abunch of grade A, low life assholes. Even the governor had his morals (as distorted as they were). The humans in this show are the ultimate villains, the zombies have just allowed these terrible people to become their natural selves, with no laws or need for morals holding them back anymore.

Blueflame
04-04-2014, 02:49 AM
Seems like every group of people they come across is dangerous in their own way. (Lady who was keeping her husbands head and tried to kill Rick comes to mind). The claimed gang were abunch of grade A, low life a-holes. Even the governor had his morals (as distorted as they were). The humans in this show are the ultimate villains, the zombies have just allowed these terrible people to become their natural selves, with no laws or need for morals holding them back anymore.

True. A crisis scenario would separate the wheat from the chaff in human nature and TWD does focus more on how the core group reacts to events than on the zombie killing/survival aspects. It's more about the group's emotional and psychological challenges in coping with a chaotic, dangerous world in which civilization essentially no longer exists and morality/ethics could be negotiable depending on the situation.

The Impaler
04-04-2014, 10:58 AM
And that's what makes the show great. The interaction between the survivors. Honestly, wouldn't matter if you saw any more zombies (ok, maybe a that's a little too far) and the show would still be good.

cutthemdown
04-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Walking Dead needs to have a storyline with some hot chicks that lure men in with sex then force them to do chores on the weekends.

The Impaler
04-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Walking Dead needs to have a storyline with some hot chicks that lure men in with sex then force them to do chores on the weekends.

That's called marriage.

cutthemdown
04-04-2014, 11:08 AM
That's called marriage.

Glad you got the joke.

cutthemdown
04-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Then for one story they could have an episode where the women are all bitchy for no reason so the men all go hunt zombies and drink beer.

bronco militia
04-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Then for one story they could have an episode where the women are all b****y for no reason so the men all go hunt zombies and drink beer.

just turn off the TV.

cutthemdown
04-04-2014, 11:11 AM
Also who thinks that 1 eyed dog was in on helping Beth get kidnapped. That dog was up something.

cutthemdown
04-04-2014, 11:11 AM
just turn off the TV.

lol.

Bronc0guy
04-04-2014, 11:12 AM
Then for one story they could have an episode where the women are all b****y for no reason so the men all go hunt zombies and drink beer.

Something tells me you might have some gutters to clean this weekend.

broncocalijohn
04-04-2014, 11:16 AM
That's called marriage.

Actually, I like the term "Walking Dead" so this show is a metaphor of marriage.

cutthemdown
04-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Something tells me you might have some gutters to clean this weekend.

While I am on the ladder I will secretly wish for a zombie invasion. Just think no more going to work, no more taxes!

Don't lie you know a bunch of you wouldn't mind.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-04-2014, 11:53 AM
While I am on the ladder I will secretly wish for a zombie invasion. Just think no more going to work, no more taxes!

Don't lie you know a bunch of you wouldn't mind.

LOL Right, either no work or taxes to do.

The Impaler
04-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Actually, I like the term "Walking Dead" so this show is a metaphor of marriage.

haha, so true!!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-04-2014, 06:29 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/things-you-didnt-know-about-the-walking-dead?bffb

1. You can buy Daryl’s crossbow at Walmart for $300.
2. HBO execs passed on The Walking Dead because they thought it was too violent.
3. Norman Reedus (Daryl) originally auditioned for the part of Merle.
4. The actress who plays Tara is the real-life sister of Francis from Malcom in the Middle.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-04/enhanced/webdr02/3/10/enhanced-buzz-wide-32613-1396536700-11.jpg

40 more things about walking dead you might not know.