PDA

View Full Version : Jon Beason

g6matty
02-10-2013, 07:41 AM
a lot of speculation that he can be a cap casualty. when healthy hes easily top 5 mlb in the game. i think its a match in heaven to bring him to denver. if we can pay mays 4 mil we can throw that money at him because hes coming off injuries. now i know everyones gonna b**** blah blah hes damaged goods but thats bull****. todays medical science injuries dont mean much anymore. he should have a chip on his shoulder being replaced by a rookie . he would complete our linebackers for atleast the next 5 years.

in this scenario i cut dj and mays to free up cap space for beason. depth looks like

miller - beason - woodyard
irvin - johnson - trevathon

SlyEli
02-10-2013, 07:59 AM
Don't see him getting cut. He's a team captain there, and they have other guys they would cut first (gamble, d.williams)

Ronnie Tsunami
02-10-2013, 07:59 AM
that or alec ogletree

TheReverend
02-10-2013, 08:49 AM
If the doctors evaluate him as healthy, it sure would be nice.

Then we could grab a stud OL in the first and some solid depth and get ready for a serious run

Kaylore
02-10-2013, 08:52 AM
He was one of the targets of Shanahan during the "Jarvis Moss" draft. This would correct that mistake in a weird way.

Play2win
02-10-2013, 09:18 AM
He was one of the targets of Shanahan during the "Jarvis Moss" draft. This would correct that mistake in a weird way.

It would mean Elway would still be saving Shanahan's arse.

(full disclosure: this is a joke btw)

Tombstone RJ
02-10-2013, 09:33 AM
I think it makes a lot of sense provided he's healthy.

Rohirrim
02-10-2013, 09:35 AM
No chance. It's the curse of Al Wilson. We didn't win him a SB, so we'll never have a MLB again. :puff:

g6matty
02-10-2013, 09:58 AM
carolina is loaded at linebacker and with the emergence of luke keuchly beason is in limbo. he can be cut to save some cash. im not sure there cap situation but they should go after dwayne bowe. give someone for newton to throw to

enjolras
02-10-2013, 10:56 AM
That'd be a dream scenario for sure.

TheReverend
02-10-2013, 10:58 AM

I believe you're thinking of Lawrence Timmons (Justin Harrell, the DT that busted with the Packers was the other one)

eddie mac
02-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Carolina

J Beason cap hit $9.5m, cap hit if cut/traded $12m
D Williams cap hit $8.2m, cap hit if cut/traded $9.6m
Gamble is the only one worth cutting saves them $8.5m

mwill07
02-10-2013, 11:55 AM
if Beason becomes available, run, don't walk to sign him.

Lestat
02-10-2013, 12:17 PM
man, if they release him we better have him on the first thing smoking,running or humming to Denver.
that would lessen the need to take a MLB in the draft and allow us to focus on DT,OL & RB.

Kaylore
02-10-2013, 12:31 PM
I believe you're thinking of Lawrence Timmons (Justin Harrell, the DT that busted with the Packers was the other one)
Oh you're right! I got my LB's crossed. Timmons is solid, but That sucks for Shanny on Harrell - one more d-line prospect who he would have drafted who sucks.

TheReverend
02-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Oh you're right! I got my LB's crossed. Timmons is solid, but That sucks for Shanny on Harrell - one more d-line prospect who he would have drafted who sucks.

Totally. Shanahan, Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy... what a bunch of maroons.

Bigdawg26
02-10-2013, 12:56 PM
He's a great MLB but he NEVER healthy! He would be the next Ty Warren!

g6matty
02-10-2013, 01:04 PM
He's a great MLB but he NEVER healthy! He would be the next Ty Warren!

we have those new power plates maybe thatll help him stay healthy like it did DT

Kaylore
02-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Totally. Shanahan, Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy... what a bunch of maroons.

Well, they can hang their hats on BJ Raji and Casey Hampton.

TheReverend
02-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Well, they can hang their hats on BJ Raji and Casey Hampton.

I was being sarcastic. Those are three of the best football minds in the modern era...

Popps
02-10-2013, 02:27 PM
You had me at cut DJ....

gunns
02-10-2013, 02:40 PM
I have coveted him for 5 years, right behind Patrick Willis. He played every game up until the last 2. Concerning that he may not have healed properly this year from last year. If a Dr. says he's good I'd make him a top priority to get.

socalorado
02-11-2013, 07:19 AM
I have coveted him for 5 years, right behind Patrick Willis. He played every game up until the last 2. Concerning that he may not have healed properly this year from last year. If a Dr. says he's good I'd make him a top priority to get.

I agree. If he passes medical, get him in here.

Heyneck
02-11-2013, 08:10 AM
yup... if he is released and is cleared medically. Sure! that would be awesome!!!

Heyneck
02-11-2013, 08:12 AM
If the doctors evaluate him as healthy, it sure would be nice.

Then we could grab a stud OL in the first and some solid depth and get ready for a serious run

Yup! Opens a bunch of possibilities if we can get MLB out of the way early on. One question for you dude,... What round do we draft the honey badger?

Mediator12
02-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Yup! Opens a bunch of possibilities if we can get MLB out of the way early on. One question for you dude,... What round do we draft the honey badger?

No way he makes it to where DEN would draft him. Some pompous Ahole (read Jerry Jones) will draft him in the second day and get all the turmoil that comes with it. I have heard he will be suspended for 4 games coming into the league for being arrested for drug possession even after getting kicked off LSU's team for drug use.

My bet is the cowboys in the fourth round right now.....pick 111.

g6matty
02-11-2013, 09:05 AM
You had me at cut DJ....

im the biggest dj fan on this board but where does he play .... if he durastically takes a pay cut like he did last year he can stay but the cap space we can free up by cuttin him will be nice. lots of **** to do this off season. re sign clady being the priority thats gonna take up most of our cash. leaving us with 4 mil to sign draft picks and filling out the roster. ppl need to be cut and the top of my list of cut / re worked deals is : dj , mays , mike adams , caldwell , hanie , kuper (restructer)

Rascal
02-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Carolina

J Beason cap hit $9.5m, cap hit if cut/traded $12mD Williams cap hit $8.2m, cap hit if cut/traded $9.6m
Gamble is the only one worth cutting saves them $8.5m

They won't cut him, so you guys might as well move on.

Mediator12
02-11-2013, 09:23 AM
im the biggest dj fan on this board but where does he play .... if he durastically takes a pay cut like he did last year he can stay but the cap space we can free up by cuttin him will be nice. lots of **** to do this off season. re sign clady being the priority thats gonna take up most of our cash. leaving us with 4 mil to sign draft picks and filling out the roster. ppl need to be cut and the top of my list of cut / re worked deals is : dj , mays , mike adams , caldwell , hanie , kuper (restructer)

Second biggest Gmat. Socal has been a DJ homer since freaking high school :strong:

I Miss Socal around here, especially in the draft area. We used to have draft battles.... Ah, the good old days :wave:

Heyneck
02-11-2013, 09:27 AM
No way he makes it to where DEN would draft him. Some pompous Ahole (read Jerry Jones) will draft him in the second day and get all the turmoil that comes with it. I have heard he will be suspended for 4 games coming into the league for being arrested for drug possession even after getting kicked off LSU's team for drug use.

Is there any precedence for this? If so... shouldn't the kid the rams took CB J. Jenkins had been suspended to start his career?

Mediator12
02-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Is there any precedence for this? If so... shouldn't the kid the rams took CB J. Jenkins had been suspended to start his career?

Its the new CBA. Jenkins was clean after his transfer. Mathieu was dismissed last year and then arrested in his draftable year with charges still outstanding. Events in the draftable year count towards the new CBA Drug policy and count towards the team who drafts them.

BroncoMan4ever
02-11-2013, 10:16 AM
What about Vilma? Supposedly he may be let go. He'd be an upgrade to what we have now and give us the flexibility in the draft to go after OL help, DT, and maybe another corner early in the draft.

Heyneck
02-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Its the new CBA. Jenkins was clean after his transfer. Mathieu was dismissed last year and then arrested in his draftable year with charges still outstanding. Events in the draftable year count towards the new CBA Drug policy and count towards the team who drafts them.

Thanks for the info dude. Didn't know the new CBA gave that type of authority to El ROJO. Would take a flyer on the kid in the 4th and on. Hell, even go as far as a 3rd. The kid oozes talent. Just hope he gets his head on straight. His guardians/step parents seem like real righteous people. Some of that has to stick.

Bacchus
02-11-2013, 02:28 PM

Bengals will grab him in the 5th.

gunns
02-11-2013, 02:45 PM
They won't cut him, so you guys might as well move on.

It's the off season. Nothing else to do but speculate.