PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets a team to be feared?

Pages : [1] 2

Bacchus
02-09-2013, 11:37 PM
After Home Blitz, Nuggets Rising in West

HANG TIME SOUTHWEST – Who’s the league’s hottest team either side of San Antonio? Don’t look now, but it’s the Denver Nuggets.

With a grueling road schedule to open the first two months of the season, some observers predicted a hard charge up the standings once the schedule turned in Denver’s favor, which it did starting Jan. 1 with 15 of 18 games to be played in the Mile-High City.

On cue, the sky’s been the limit for George Karl‘s bunch, which is riding an eight-game win streak — while averaging a whopping 115.0 ppg — as part of a larger 15-3 run since New Year’s Day. They’ve won 13 of those 15 home games and have gone 2-1 on the road.

On Dec. 29, the Nuggets had dropped to 17-15 after an ugly 82-71 loss at Memphis. At that point, Denver had played a discombobulating 23 road games, stood seventh in the West and were just one game ahead of — believe it or not — the Los Angeles Lakers. L.A. was 15-15, the last time that outfit would sniff .500.

Now the high-octane, well-balanced Nuggets are 32-18 and have pushed past Houston, Golden State and Memphis to slide into the No. 4 position in the West, a hugely significant spot for a team that’s 22-3 at home. The top four teams in each conference earn home-court advantage in the first round of the playoffs.

Only the smooth-sailing Spurs have fewer home losses (22-2) among teams in both conferences, and no team has more home wins (San Antonio and Oklahoma City each also have 22).

Of course, Karl’s previous seven seasons in Denver have been marked by first-round disappointments six times and twice the Nuggets have wasted a top-four finish by not getting out of the conference quarterfinals (2006 and 2010). Only the 2008-09 Nuggets, who finished second in the West, made it out, with Carmelo Anthony finally taking the team all the way to the West finals before losing to the Lakers.

So home-court advantage isn’t a free pass into the second round, but would the run-and-gun Nuggets rather play four of seven games in the high altitude or, say, in the madhouse that is Golden State’s Oracle Arena?

So now the schedule evens out. Denver has played 25 games at home and 25 on the road (10-15), and next up is a four-game Eastern Conference road swing, including two back-to-backs: Cleveland (Saturday) and Boston (Sunday), followed by Toronto (Tuesday) and Brooklyn (Wednesday).

For the rest of the article and comments click here: http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/02/09/after-home-blitz-nuggets-rising-in-west/?ls=iref:nbahpts

Bacchus
02-09-2013, 11:38 PM
What does everyone think? They are on a 9 game winning streak and look like the most balanced team in the West.

Mogulseeker
02-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Isn't the mantra "they need a star to win in the playoffs" or something...

Bacchus
02-09-2013, 11:41 PM
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow"><td class="pr-rank">1</td><td>San Antonio (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs)
38-11
</td><td>--

Last Week: 1</td><td>The Spurs launch their annual Rodeo Road Trip without Tim Duncan. No one in the Alamo City can moan too loudly, though, after TD survived that nasty fall with no structural damage ... and coming off a virtual bye week with only those cushy home games against the Bobcats and Wiz.</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td class="pr-rank">2</td><td>Oklahoma City (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/okc/oklahoma-city-thunder)
35-12
</td><td>--

Last Week: 2</td><td>OKC has always insisted outsiders make a bigger deal about Russell Westbrook's blowups than his teammates and coaches do. Not quite sure how RW can be mad at anyone but himself given how poorly he's shot the ball lately, nor are we sure we can dismiss this outburst so readily.</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td class="pr-rank">3</td><td>Miami (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/mia/miami-heat)
30-14
</td><td>--

Last Week: 3</td><td>This really only matters if these teams hook up in the playoffs again, but it was fairly eye-catching (at least to us) to read that the Heat have managed a mere eight points in transition in their two losses to the Pacers this season. The champs average just over 17 transition points nightly.</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td class="pr-rank">4</td><td>Denver (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/den/denver-nuggets)
30-18
</td><td>1
Last Week: 5</td><td>No team has ever won it all in a season it didn't have at least one All-Star. But shouldn't we at least hat-tip Denver for being the best team on this season's list ahead of the Bobcats, Bucks, Hawks, Hornets, Jazz, Kings, Magic, Mavericks, Nets, Pistons, Raptors, Suns, Wolves and Wiz? </td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td class="pr-rank">5</td><td>Golden State (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/gs/golden-state-warriors)
30-17
</td><td>3
Last Week: 8</td><td>Relief for grieving 49ers fans: Andrew Bogut is back and just sparked a 4-0 week for a team that made it through January with a .600-plus winning percentage for only the second time in (whoa) 35 seasons. Just in time, too, with the Dubs' better-than-expected rebounding starting to slip.</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td class="pr-rank">6</td><td>Los Angeles (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lac/los-angeles-clippers)
34-15
</td><td>2
Last Week: 4</td><td>It was all going so well in Clipperland. Remember when they reeled off 24 wins in a span of 27 outings? Now it's all road games, trade rumors and fretting about the knee bruise that has prevented CP3 from playing in nine of the Clips' past 11 games. Or halting their 2-6 skid.</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td class="pr-rank">7</td><td>Indiana (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/ind/indiana-pacers)
28-19
</td><td>1
Last Week: 6</td><td>Thirteen straight wins at the Pacers' famed fieldhouse is the streak on the line when Chicago shows up Monday night. Better yet: Indy ranks No. 2 in the East in terms of plus/minus -- adding the total of road wins to home losses -- at a robust plus-7. Miami is tops at plus-9.</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td class="pr-rank">8</td><td>Memphis (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/mem/memphis-grizzlies)
30-16
</td><td>1
Last Week: 7</td><td>As mentioned in various corners of the Weekend Dime (http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-130201-02/eight-trade-truths-deadline), I really don't think this team's ceiling has changed as drastically as many suggested in the wake of the Rudy Gay deal. Yet we'll have to see how long it takes Gay's ex-teammates and coaches to get over their initial disappointment.</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td class="pr-rank">9</td><td>Chicago (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/chi/chicago-bulls)
29-18
</td><td>2
Last Week: 11</td><td>As banged up as the Bulls are, they continue to sport the NBA's highest road winning percentage, vaulting Tom Thibodeau past Mike Woodson when it comes to the East's most worthy COY contenders. The Bulls also move back into the top 10 and, to be honest, never should have left.</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td class="pr-rank">10</td><td>New York (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/ny/new-york-knicks)
30-15
</td><td>1
Last Week: 9</td><td>Let's not completely discount a four-game win streak, all at home, that includes W's over two of the most poundable foes you can find these days: Orlando and Sacramento. The Knicks deserve a little better when they sport one of the East's two winning records against .500-or-better teams.

For the rest of the power Rankings and view comments click here: http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Bacchus
02-09-2013, 11:42 PM

HAHA See power rankings comments!! good call.

KipCorrington25
02-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Will they take a knee in crutch time? Tell me now so I don't waste a lot of time following them.

extralife
02-10-2013, 01:12 AM
They are to be mildly feared.

I think they'd give anyone a series, but I still find it hard to think of a scenario in which they beat OKC or San Antonio. Everyone knows the drill by now: everything they are good at becomes more difficult to pull off in the playoffs. Coupled with how inconsistent they are on the road, things become difficult in an extended series. The depth is a pretty big deal, though.

Bacchus
02-10-2013, 01:26 AM

I think they'd give anyone a series, but I still find it hard to think of a scenario in which they beat OKC or San Antonio. Everyone knows the drill by now: everything they are good at becomes more difficult to pull off in the playoffs. Coupled with how inconsistent they are on the road, things become difficult in an extended series. The depth is a pretty big deal, though.

I think if the Nugs keep running and use their bench they can beat San Antonio in a 7 game series. OKC though is a different story.

tesnyde
02-10-2013, 05:47 AM
If they play every game like they played Chicago, and especially like they played in the 3rd, they can beat anyone. It was the best game I can remember them playing in awhile. However, they turn around and win in Cleveland but it was sloppy. Twenty turn overs and again, they let some random guy on the other team have a career shooting night. Gee went 8/8 last night and Dalembert went 17/21 for the Bucks a few night ago. They have the potential to do it, but consistent high quality is still not there. In other words, the good is they haven't reached their potential or at least consistently, but are winning. The bad is they are not playing at a constantly high level that is needed against OKC. I think today's game will be a great barometer of the team's maturity and true ability. Back end of back-to-back road games, coming off of a road win, east coast travel, against a decent opponent.

tesnyde
02-10-2013, 05:55 AM
The Roundball Minining Company has a nice read with longitudinal data from the season showing how in some areas the individual players have improved and/or regressed.

http://www.roundballminingcompany.com/2013/02/08/nuggets-player-trends-over-the-first-three-months/

spdirty
02-10-2013, 06:42 AM
If the Nuggets get the 3 seed, and OKC gets the 1 seed, that's the scenario where I can see the Nugs get to the WCF. I think it's possible that they could beat San Antonio in a series. OKC though, hell no.

It's a real fun ride, and it's a lot of fun to watch them, I just know that there is a ceiling for them which is the WCF. That's not all bad though. IF they can keep this group together, continue to develop the great young talent that they have, they could possibly go farther in the future. I enjoy watching them even if I know an NBA Finals will not happen this year.

It would be so much fun if they could somehow get the Lakers in a first round series and beat them. Just because I want to see the Nugs beat the damn Lakers in a series.

RhymesayersDU
02-10-2013, 07:01 AM

Pretty fair assessment. I think they can/will get out of the first round this year, but past that I'm not sure. They'll give that second-round team a hell of a series though.

Kaylore
02-10-2013, 07:43 AM
The good and bad thing about the Nuggets is they can beat and lose to anyone. Lately they are playing better. Early in the season they played like a young team: Inconsistent. They need to make their free throws. I have a hard time seeing them get past the Clippers or the Thunder. Westbrook single-handedly wiped the floor with them and that was with Durrant having a below average game (for him). I think they can run on the Spurs and wear them out if the series goes long, though.

Fanatic
02-10-2013, 07:47 AM
They have to prove that they can win big games on the road and they need to tighten their defense up. If they can do that, they'll contend.

BroncoMan4ever
02-10-2013, 08:59 AM

Allow me introduce you to the rising stars of the Nuggets, TY LAWSON and KENNETH "MANIMAL" FARIED!

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/153260198-kenneth-faried-and-ty-lawson-of-the-denver-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QR6xG3W757Zd8v%2BvX16oLayoX2 Unyma8IE9Q1LevlRLgfg0DCoNCEkdOAMaURg6s2M22NKbhbig% 2Bnk35O6DZTkpAv0TpR2PSOsnj7%2B01Y2k3

rmsanger
02-10-2013, 09:15 AM
No

NFLBRONCO
02-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Karl great in reg season playoffs very Manning like

OBF1
02-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Damn... I thought all the kool aid was used up during the NFL season, A new stash must have been passed around. Never discount the Spurs, everyone one of you already have them beating the Number 1 team in the NBA record wise.

I guess this is how they act when their team of choice has never won a damn thing.

Amusing.

enjolras
02-10-2013, 09:54 AM
Damn... I thought all the kool aid was used up during the NFL season, A new stash must have been passed around. Never discount the Spurs, everyone one of you already have them beating the Number 1 team in the NBA record wise.

I guess this is how they act when their team of choice has never won a damn thing.

Amusing.

Spurs have more questions than the Nuggets. They sputtered to the finish line last year. They're old at the key positions. Popovich insures that they'll win a ton of regular season games, but as benches shorten in the playoffs I'm not sure they have the legs for it.

The Nuggets are in a similar position tho. They're fun as hell to watch, but have no chance of winning anything in the postseason.

spdirty
02-10-2013, 01:31 PM

Amusing.

You're ****in making **** up again. Show me a comment in this thread where someone said the Nuggets are going to beat the Spurs in the playoffs. All anyone basically said was that they CAN beat the Spurs if they play their best.

Rascal
02-10-2013, 01:40 PM
they might make it past round 1, but they won't make it past round 2....as usual

DenverBrit
02-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Until they play defense for all 4 qtrs, it's difficult to see them getting past the second round.

But they are growing up quickly and are a lot of fun to watch.

It's Billyball (Tubbs) with some defense.

tesnyde
02-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Slow start against Boston.

spdirty
02-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Oh yeah, a bull**** technical on Faried then they blow an out of bounds call on Pierce. It was clearly off of Pierce's hands. I swear, every time I start getting into this ****, they just try to ruin it with at the very least incompetent refs.

spdirty
02-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Oh my God. Then they do that. I'm a Nuggets fan, but how in the hell is that Nuggets ball?

Man-Goblin
02-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Yes! Ty.

tesnyde
02-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Yes! Ty.

This is like playoff game. Miller time!!

tesnyde
02-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Damn!!!

tesnyde
02-10-2013, 05:42 PM
The two hottest teams have not disappointed.

eddie mac
02-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Jeez double OT

Kaylore
02-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Good game but I'm so ready for it to end. It's like an 18 inning baseball game at this point. And Miller has has played like garbage this game.

spdirty
02-10-2013, 06:05 PM
At least we got tacos.

tesnyde
02-10-2013, 06:09 PM
At least we got tacos.

Too bad they are not from Casa Bonita and we could eat them in the cave..

spdirty
Wow Gallo.

colorado jones
Gallo's 3 was crazy.

tesnyde
Galo sucked in reg but big shots in OT.

spdirty
02-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Too bad they are not from Casa Bonita and we could eat them in the cave..

Yeah but Casa Bonita food sucks.

spdirty
02-10-2013, 06:13 PM
If they need to do anything, they need to give Miller more minutes. Geez.

tesnyde
02-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Yeah but Casa Bonita food sucks.

Atmosphere?

Well what a game. Goodnight fellas.

extralife
02-10-2013, 06:14 PM
What the hell was that Andre?

Kaylore
02-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Andre Miller was on the take this game. That's the only way to explain how horrible he played. Everything the Celtics got today was from him.

RhymesayersDU
02-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Andre Miller was on the take this game. That's the only way to explain how horrible he played. Everything the Celtics got today was from him.

Yeah, I have never seen him play like he did tonight. 2 wild threes (one in regulation, then the game winner) in the game, numerous awful turnovers, etc.

Like, it was so ridiculously out of character. And after those comments he made about playing time. Weird game.

broncswin
02-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Miller wants out and played like it tonite with his I don't give f u * * attitude!! I hate that S O B.....and the calls tonite...what a joke

Mogulseeker
02-11-2013, 01:32 PM
At least we got tacos.

I need to stop worrying about Tacos and Big Macs and start focusing on Whole Foods stuff. Worst shape of my life right now.

Damn Nuggets and Broncos.

Kaylore
02-11-2013, 01:38 PM
I need to stop worrying about Tacos and Big Macs and start focusing on Whole Foods stuff. Worst shape of my life right now.

Damn Nuggets and Broncos.

You're about 25, 26 right? That's when it begins, my friend.

I used to have a giant bowl of ice cream and would go to bed watching Conan and reading the Mane. Then around 25 I noticed the fat start to grow.

And it gets worse when you get married. I put on ten pounds during my wife's preganancy. I have no idea how since half the food I made made her barf. Thanks to a steady diet, exercise and a bout of pneumonia in November, I'm back to my fighting weight.

Moral: It only gets worse.

Chris
02-11-2013, 02:22 PM
I lost 18 pounds of pure fat for vanity reasons in four months last year (mind you I was only at 18% body fat when I started) and got my resting heart rate down to 42 bpm. I'm 28. It can be done fellas. It helps that I live in NY where food quality is higher (as opposed to chains where larger portions, creams and frying are used to make **** food more appealing), eat a predominantly Asian diet and rarely touch the sweet stuff. If you've got the mental ability to go a little nuts during workouts then try HIIT

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=621

(edit: in contrast to that article i prefer a 5 minute warm up with 30 seconds on and one minute off for 15 minutes - that should be enough to kick your ass)

Anyways, go Nuggs.

TonyR
02-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Are the Nuggets, at 33-19 and with a .500 or better record against every other Western Conference power, a real title contender? Or are they a very good team that can only beat top competition consistently when the circumstances — home-court advantage, fast-break mania — flip in their favor?

Whether they can beat two of the Thunder-Spurs-Clippers trio in the playoffs depends on two huge questions, notwithstanding the possibility that Denver uses its bevy of midpriced assets to swing a major trade. Rival executives say Denver is projecting calm ahead of the deadline, and the vibe coming from there since the summer has been one of satisfaction with incremental progress and patience with this young core — in part because the team does not want to add much to its current payroll, according to GM Masai Ujiri. Those two questions: See the rest here:
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8937394/are-george-karl-denver-nuggets-really-title-contenders

maven
02-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Can the Denver Nuggets beat the Heat? No

No team is going to "fear" them come playoff time.

bronco_diesel
02-12-2013, 03:02 PM
I think the Nuggets can beat anyone and would give anyone a good series. That said, I don’t see them getting past the 2nd round of the playoffs. They will only go as far as Karl can coach them and they need a solid post player to step up.

Their best post-up player is Andre Miller. I think they need a big that can be counted on when the game slows down. Denver will have to keep the pace up, but that is very challenging during the playoffs. One thing to their advantage this season is they are a better passing team than they have been in a long time.

Then there is the Karl issue. He’s a good regular season coach, because he can get away with a lot of the crap he does against inferior teams during the season. Once the playoffs start, coaching mistakes are exposed and good teams take advantage. He’ll be tempted to shorten his bench during the playoffs – but I believe he should keep his bench deep with an attempt to out-pace everyone. He’s also got get over his favorites and has the right people on the floor in the right situation at the end of the game.

Bacchus
02-26-2013, 12:55 AM
Great win for the Nuggets last night. I am concerned that they are only the 5th seed now though. They have been horrible on the road and if they stay the 5th seed then they will have to open at Memphis. The Nuggets seem to have a good schedule the rest of the way and I think they can catch the Griz and get the 4th seed.

I did not think at the begining of the year they would get past the 6th seed so this is great progress.

Can anyone tell me what the Nuggets have for draft picks in the next two years? I know they got some selections in the Carmelo trade. Thanks. I love NBA PLAYOFF BASKETBALL!!!!!

Denver Nuggets run away from Los Angeles Lakers 119-108

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2013/0225/20130225__BN20130226_Z00_BNSP26BKNNUG~p1_300.JPG

But the Nuggets fed off it. The Nuggets entered the night a jaw-dropping 23-3 at home — only the Spurs, at 22-2, had a better home record in the conference. And the Nuggets entered Monday winners of eight consecutive home games.

"I think our fans, as the game went on, we got in control and dominated the Lakers fans," Karl said.

Blog: Nuggets Ink

The Denver Post's Benjamin Hochman posts analysis, notes and more on this blog focussing on the Denver Nuggets.
"It was our building. We had the energy on our side. You hear them early when it's quiet, the escalation of the volume."

Both teams are scrapping and clawing for playoff position — the Nuggets are in a fight for fourth, while L.A. is aiming for eighth. The Nuggets are on the Memphis Grizzlies' tails.

Nuggets guard Ty Lawson, one of the hottest players in the conference, entered the game averaging 20.7 points and 7.6 assists in the past 19 games, while shooting 50.2 percent from the field. He was Aggressive Ty on Monday, finishing with 22 and eight.

Read more: Denver Nuggets run away from Los Angeles Lakers 119-108 - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_22667981/denver-nuggets-run-away-from-los-angeles-lakers#ixzz2LzfZJD1d

Bacchus
02-26-2013, 12:57 AM
Western Conference

<TABLE class=sdi-data-wide border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 bgColor=#999999><TBODY><TR><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub width=120>NBA Northwest</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>W</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>L</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>PCT</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>GB</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>CONF</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>DIV</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>HOME</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>AWAY</TD></TR><TR><TD class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404316">Oklahoma City (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404316.html) </TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>41</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>15</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>.732</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>-</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>28-8</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>6-3</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>25-4</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>16-11</TD></TR><TR><TD class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404065">Denver (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404065.html) </TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>36</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>22</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>.621</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>6.0</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>23-11</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>5-5</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>24-3</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>12-19</TD></TR><TR><TD class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404031">Utah (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404031.html) </TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>31</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>26</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>.544</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>10.5</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>18-19</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>5-4</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>21-7</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>10-19</TD></TR><TR><TD class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team403993">Portland (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team403993.html) </TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>26</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>30</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>.464</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>15.0</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>16-18</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>5-4</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>18-9</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>8-21</TD></TR><TR><TD class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team403995">Minnesota (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team403995.html) </TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>20</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>33</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>.377</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>19.5</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>11-21</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>3-8</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>13-14</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>7-19</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub width=120>NBA Pacific</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>W</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>L</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>PCT</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>GB</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>CONF</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>DIV</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>HOME</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>AWAY</TD></TR><TR><TD class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404135">L.A. Clippers (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404135.html) </TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>40</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>18</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>.690</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>-</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>27-10</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>8-4</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>22-6</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>18-12</TD></TR><TR><TD class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404119">Golden State (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404119.html) </TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>33</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>23</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>.589</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>6.0</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>18-18</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>6-5</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>18-7</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>15-16</TD></TR><TR><TD class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team403977">L.A. Lakers (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team403977.html) </TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>28</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>30</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>.483</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>12.0</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>16-20</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>5-5</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>18-11</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>10-19</TD></TR><TR><TD class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team403975">Sacramento (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team403975.html) </TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>19</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>38</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>.333</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>20.5</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>8-25</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>3-5</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>14-13</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>5-25</TD></TR><TR><TD class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404029">Phoenix (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404029.html) </TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>18</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>39</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>.316</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>21.5</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>11-23</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>4-7</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>12-15</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>6-24</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub width=120>NBA Southwest</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>W</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>L</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>PCT</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>GB</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>CONF</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>DIV</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>HOME</TD><TD class=sdi-datahead-sub align=middle>AWAY</TD></TR><TR><TD class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404302">San Antonio (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404302.html) </TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>45</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>13</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>.776</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>-</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>25-9</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>11-2</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>22-2</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>23-11</TD></TR><TR><TD class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404049">Memphis (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404049.html) </TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>37</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>18</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>.673</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>6.5</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>19-13</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>4-5</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>22-8</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>15-10</TD></TR><TR><TD class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404137">Houston (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404137.html) </TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>31</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>27</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>.534</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>14.0</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>13-20</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>4-7</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>19-8</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>12-19</TD></TR><TR><TD class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404047">Dallas (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404047.html) </TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>25</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>30</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>.455</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>18.5</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>15-20</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>4-5</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>16-11</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>9-19</TD></TR><TR><TD class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404101">New Orleans (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404101.html) </TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>20</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>37</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>.351</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>24.5</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>11-24</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>4-8</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>10-17</TD><TD class=sdi-datacell align=middle>10-20</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bacchus
02-26-2013, 12:59 AM
Great win for the Nuggets last night. I am concerned that they are only the 5th seed now though. They have been horrible on the road and if they stay the 5th seed then they will have to open at Memphis. The Nuggets seem to have a good schedule the rest of the way and I think they can catch the Griz and get the 4th seed.

I did not think at the begining of the year they would get past the 6th seed so this is great progress.

Can anyone tell me what the Nuggets have for draft picks in the next two years? I know they got some selections in the Carmelo trade. Thanks. I love NBA PLAYOFF BASKETBALL!!!!!

Denver Nuggets run away from Los Angeles Lakers 119-108
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2013/0225/20130225__BN20130226_Z00_BNSP26BKNNUG~p1_300.JPG

But the Nuggets fed off it. The Nuggets entered the night a jaw-dropping 23-3 at home — only the Spurs, at 22-2, had a better home record in the conference. And the Nuggets entered Monday winners of eight consecutive home games.

"I think our fans, as the game went on, we got in control and dominated the Lakers fans," Karl said.
Blog: Nuggets Ink

"It was our building. We had the energy on our side. You hear them early when it's quiet, the escalation of the volume."

Both teams are scrapping and clawing for playoff position — the Nuggets are in a fight for fourth, while L.A. is aiming for eighth. The Nuggets are on the Memphis Grizzlies' tails.

Nuggets guard Ty Lawson, one of the hottest players in the conference, entered the game averaging 20.7 points and 7.6 assists in the past 19 games, while shooting 50.2 percent from the field. He was Aggressive Ty on Monday, finishing with 22 and eight.

Read more: Denver Nuggets run away from Los Angeles Lakers 119-108 - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_22667981/denver-nuggets-run-away-from-los-angeles-lakers#ixzz2LzfZJD1d

TonyR
02-26-2013, 06:19 AM

Nuggets receive the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick, via Knicks (Carmelo Anthony trade 02-22-11)
Nuggets receive the Trailblazers 2013 second-round pick (top 40 protected) (Jordan Hamilton trade)

Nuggets will receive the Knicks' 2014 first-round pick. (Carmelo Anthony trade 02-22-11)
Nuggets have option to swap 2016 first-round picks with the Knicks (or 2nd rounder in 2017 if additional first round pick has not been conveyed by 2016) (Carmelo Anthony trade 02-22-11)

Nuggets receive the Clippers' 2015 second-round pick (top 55 protected) (Cheikh Samb trade 01-05-09)
Nuggets receive the Grizzliers' 2015 second-round pick (or cash) (Steven Hunter trade 08-07-09)

http://nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2013

Kaylore
02-26-2013, 06:42 AM
It was crazy seeing the Nuggets beat the Lakers again. Usually the Lakers have the Nuggs number but they have totally dominated them this season. And LA was playing a lot better lately, certainly than they were early in the year. I think if you run on LA they break down.

Paladin
02-26-2013, 06:51 AM
Could've been a more lopsided score if not for the "Kobycalls". Even Howard got a cheapie, but missed his FTs. WTH? Probably goes both ways, Refs contiue to stink most of the time....

Bacchus
02-26-2013, 06:57 AM
Nuggets receive the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick, via Knicks (Carmelo Anthony trade 02-22-11)
Nuggets receive the Trailblazers 2013 second-round pick (top 40 protected) (Jordan Hamilton trade)

Nuggets will receive the Knicks' 2014 first-round pick. (Carmelo Anthony trade 02-22-11)
Nuggets have option to swap 2016 first-round picks with the Knicks (or 2nd rounder in 2017 if additional first round pick has not been conveyed by 2016) (Carmelo Anthony trade 02-22-11)

Nuggets receive the Clippers' 2015 second-round pick (top 55 protected) (Cheikh Samb trade 01-05-09)
Nuggets receive the Grizzliers' 2015 second-round pick (or cash) (Steven Hunter trade 08-07-09)

http://nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2013

Wow, that is some crazy sh1t.The Nugs did very well in the trade. I guess the Knicks aren't bitching either.

Gutless Drunk
02-26-2013, 07:18 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gvG2FfAutfo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kaylore
02-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Could've been a more lopsided score if not for the "Kobycalls". Even Howard got a cheapie, but missed his FTs. WTH? Probably goes both ways, Refs contiue to stink most of the time....

Missed free throws are my biggest pet peeve in basketball. People complain about getting killed by a buzzer-beater or the refs giving the ball to the other team on a bad out of bounds call. Well if you would make 80% of your free throws, or in the Nuggets case even 70%, that possesion wouldn't have mattered. Also they might be less likely to foul you when you take the ball to the key...

Bacchus
02-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Missed free throws are my biggest pet peeve in basketball. People complain about getting killed by a buzzer-beater or the refs giving the ball to the other team on a bad out of bounds call. Well if you would make 80% of your free throws, or in the Nuggets case even 70%, that possesion wouldn't have mattered. Also they might be less likely to foul you when you take the ball to the key...

If high school kids can routinely shoot 65%-70% from the line why can't NBA players? It seems Free Throw shooting is the one thing you never really get better that much better at.

spdirty
02-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Beating the Laker's ass never gets old. They just need to take this kind of intensity on the road. Really need to finish the year 7-3 or 6-4 on the road. No more Washingtons.

Jekyll15Hyde
02-26-2013, 10:22 AM

Kobe? The calls that were the worst were the ones in the block from Howard. It all came from the same official too. Clearly David Guthrie had some money on the game.

spdirty
02-26-2013, 11:36 AM
54 wins should be the goal this year. That could be achieved by going 12-2 or 11-3 at home, 6-4 or 7-3 on the road. With the remaining schedule it can be done. That's the same record they had in '09 when they got the 2 seed.

crush17
02-26-2013, 11:39 AM
Kobe? The calls that were the worst were the ones in the block from Howard. It all came from the same official too. Clearly David Guthrie had some money on the game.

I wish George would have gone all the way and taken the 2nd Tech.

The officiating last night was just horrendous.

Seriously, I complain about NBA officiating as much as the next guy, but last night was absolutely suspicious.

Bacchus
03-14-2013, 01:59 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/nyk.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks)New York Knicks (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks)

Rapid Reaction: Nuggets 117, Knicks 94

March, 14, 2013 Mar 14
1:29
AM ET

<cite class="byline"> By Ian Begley | ESPNNewYork.com</cite>

Doomsday in Denver?

It certainly felt that way for the New York Knicks.

Not only was New York embarrassed in Carmelo Anthony (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1975/carmelo-anthony)'s first trip to Denver as a Knick, but the team lost both Anthony and Tyson Chandler (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/984/tyson-chandler) to injury in a 117-94 loss to the Denver Nuggets.

Anthony left the game in the third quarter due to a sore right knee, the same injury that kept him out of three straight games last week. (p***Y,quiter,loser)

Chandler left the game late in the first half with a left knee contusion.

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/den.png?w=80&h=80&transparent=truehttp://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/nyk.png?w=80&h=80&transparent=trueIt is unclear if either player will be available for Thursday's game against Portland.

As far as what happened on the court, the Nuggets went on a 17-0 run in the second quarter and never looked back, literally running the Knicks out of the Pepsi Center.

Rest of article: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/38671/rapid-reaction-nuggets-117-knicks-94

Bacchus
03-14-2013, 02:02 AM
Western Conference
<table class="sdi-data-wide" bgcolor="#999999" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" width="120">NBA Northwest</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">W</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">L</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">PCT</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">GB</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">CONF</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">DIV</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">HOME</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">AWAY</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404316"> Oklahoma City (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404316.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 48</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 17</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .738</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> -</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 32-10</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 7-4</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 29-4</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 19-13</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404065"> Denver (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404065.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 44</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 22</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .667</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 4.5</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 29-11</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 8-5</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 29-3</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 15-19</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404031"> Utah (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404031.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 33</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 32</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .508</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 15.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 18-20</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 5-5</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 23-8</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 10-24</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team403993"> Portland (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team403993.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 29</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 34</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .460</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 18.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 18-22</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 6-5</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 20-11</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 9-23</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team403995"> Minnesota (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team403995.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 22</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 40</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .355</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 24.5</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 12-26</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 3-10</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 15-16</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 7-24</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" width="120">NBA Pacific</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">W</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">L</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">PCT</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">GB</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">CONF</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">DIV</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">HOME</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">AWAY</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404135"> L.A. Clippers (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404135.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 45</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 21</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .682</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> -</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 27-13</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 8-4</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 25-8</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 20-13</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404119"> Golden State (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404119.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 37</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 29</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .561</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 8.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 19-19</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 7-5</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 22-9</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 15-20</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team403977"> L.A. Lakers (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team403977.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 34</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 32</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .515</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 11.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 18-21</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 5-5</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 22-11</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 12-21</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team403975"> Sacramento (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team403975.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 23</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 43</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .348</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 22.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 9-28</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 4-6</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 17-15</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 6-28</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404029"> Phoenix (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404029.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 22</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 43</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .338</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 22.5</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 14-26</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 4-8</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 15-17</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 7-26</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" width="120">NBA Southwest</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">W</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">L</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">PCT</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">GB</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">CONF</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">DIV</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">HOME</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">AWAY</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404302"> San Antonio (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404302.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 49</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 16</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .754</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> -</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 27-12</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 11-2</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 26-4</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 23-12</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404049"> Memphis (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404049.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 44</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 19</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .698</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 4.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 24-13</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 6-5</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 25-8</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 19-11</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404137"> Houston (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404137.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 35</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 30</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .538</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 14.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 16-22</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 5-8</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 21-9</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 14-21</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404047"> Dallas (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404047.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 30</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 33</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .476</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 18.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 17-22</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 5-7</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 17-12</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 13-21</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404101"> New Orleans (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404101.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 22</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 43</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .338</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 27.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 12-27</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 4-9</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 12-20</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 10-23</td></tr></tbody></table>

schaaf
03-14-2013, 02:35 AM
Couple games out of 3rd place??? Nice.

Bacchus
03-14-2013, 04:53 AM
Couple games out of 3rd place??? Nice.

Hell, they are only 4.5 out of first. An undefeated finish to the season would rock!!

They are playing a lot better on the road as well.

bfoflcommish
03-14-2013, 07:06 AM
David Stern will works his magic in playoffs. Never get my hopes up anymore

crush17
03-14-2013, 07:09 AM
Carmelo is the biggest p***Y in basketball.

Kaylore
03-14-2013, 07:11 AM
David Stern will works his magic in playoffs. Never get my hopes up anymore

The changes to the cap and luxury tax have me hopeful. I was talking with montrose about this and when the "big" teams start to feel the squeez as the will over the next two offseasons, teams like the nuggets are better equiped to go into the new era without feeling the sting. Other teams are going to have to cut players.

Bacchus
03-14-2013, 07:17 AM
The changes to the cap and luxury tax have me hopeful. I was talking with montrose about this and when the "big" teams start to feel the squeez as the will over the next two offseasons, teams like the nuggets are better equiped to go into the new era without feeling the sting. Other teams are going to have to cut players.

I'm waiting for the Heat to cut Bosh this off season.

Mountain Bronco
03-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Damn the Nuggs are playing good Ball. Screw the Knicks, big game against the Grizz coming up!

bfoflcommish
03-14-2013, 12:41 PM

its not even that though, the big name players will still stay on bigger city squads and get ALL the calls. Hell look at dahntay jones, they up'd his call to flagrant and to me all he was doing was trying to play defense on Kobe who landed and on his foot and twisted ankle, he didnt stick it under or anything.

Rolandftw
03-14-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm not as confident of even getting out of the first round as most. Memphis has been on a roll since the Rudy Gay trade. Clippers are very dangerous with Griffin and CP3. Nuggets can beat those teams, but could also lose to them... so don't see them as a lock to even get that far. But if they could get up to #3 somehow, would have to like their chances of at least getting out of the first round.

Until they do it, people are going to continue to doubt a team can win without a superstar (even if Melo really wasn't one anyways... at least in the playoffs)

SonOfLe-loLang
03-14-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm waiting for the Heat to cut Bosh this off season.

Doubt that'll happen, but i bet they all opt out of their contracts after next year.

Kaylore
03-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Home court will be huge. Denver has lost, what, three games at home all season?

crush17
03-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Home court will be huge. Denver has lost, what, three games at home all season?

Correct.

Tied with Miami for best home record in the NBA.

NFLBRONCO
03-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Team like Denver/Karl in Stern's NBA lol enjoy success now.

Old Dude
03-14-2013, 03:47 PM
They'll make it to the playoffs and get eliminated in the 1st or 2d round. I think it's written into the team charter by now.

Edit: 36 seasons in the NBA. Made it to the conference finals 3 times: (77-78; 84-85; 08-09). Never advanced beyond that.

Bacchus
03-17-2013, 05:51 AM
Nuggest win 11 in a row!!

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400278697

SpringStein
03-17-2013, 06:23 AM
Jazz did their part in beating Memphis last night.

Bacchus
03-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Jazz did their part in beating Memphis last night.

Yep0, I think Nuggets might get the #3 seed! That would be sweet.

bombay
03-17-2013, 11:04 AM
One thing is for sure; a very good team will finish 5th in the West.

Bacchus
03-19-2013, 03:18 AM
One thing is for sure; a very good team will finish 5th in the West.

12-0

in the last 12 games.

http://www.nba.com/

Greatspirits
03-19-2013, 10:32 AM
Squeaked one out over da Bulls, tonight against the Thunder will be difficult. Good luck Nuggs!!

ludo21
03-19-2013, 10:57 AM
if i were the nuggs i would do all i could to avoid la lakers in the first round... no matter the crap they are in now (lost to my suns last night) I still would not want to face that team in the playoffs.

Bacchus
03-19-2013, 11:07 AM
if i were the nuggs i would do all i could to avoid la lakers in the first round... no matter the crap they are in now (lost to my suns last night) I still would not want to face that team in the playoffs.

Lakers are not going to be better than an 8 seed are they?

SlyEli
03-19-2013, 11:10 AM

The lakeshow is a mess. I'd like to see the nuggets get revenge for all the losses to them in the playoffs

Bacchus
03-19-2013, 11:12 AM
The lakeshow is a mess. I'd like to see the nuggets get revenge for all the losses to them in the playoffs

I agree they are a team I'd want Denver to play.

Kaylore
03-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Yeah I like the Nuggets chances of running all over the Lakers. There is a team in LA I'm worried about and the Lakers aren't it.

SpringStein
03-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Squeaked one out over da Bulls, tonight against the Thunder will be difficult. Good luck Nuggs!!

No doubt. A loss tonight - just come home and take care of business later this week.

bronco militia
03-19-2013, 11:29 AM
check out these homers. just what the **** are these clowns on espn looking at?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NKg7O9fmQYo?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Greatspirits
03-19-2013, 12:10 PM
We got a break with the Koufos tip in but Noah's was a no doubter offensive goaltending.

bombay
03-19-2013, 12:29 PM
12-0

in the last 12 games.

http://www.nba.com/

I don't know if you realize that the clippers and memphis are good teams, too?

One of these three teams will finish 5th. Ergo, a very good team will finish 5th.

spiralism
03-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Nuggets probably wont win tonight, it being a part two of a back to back in OKC but it's been some run and as long as they get right back on the horse against Philly it's definitely on for top four. Problem is if they drop a few games like after the last streak, the 3 defeats after the nine straight undid a lot of the good work.

Bacchus
03-19-2013, 01:16 PM
I don't know if you realize that the clippers and memphis are good teams, too?

One of these three teams will finish 5th. Ergo, a very good team will finish 5th.

Pretty much all the playoff teams are going to be good this year.

enjolras
03-19-2013, 01:34 PM
check out these homers. just what the **** are these clowns on espn looking at?

That was the local Chicago broadcast. They are incredibly biased, and more than that.. literally have no idea what the rules of the game they are calling actually are.

It's INCREDIBLY annoying.

spiralism
03-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Pretty much all the playoff teams are going to be good this year.

East/West split is a joke though...has way too many of the top teams on one side right now. Realistically only one team is coming out of the East and we all know who it is. Nuggets, Memphis or LAC would be good for #2 in the East by a few games. Instead, one will be on the road in the first round and at least one great team will be gone.

Kaylore
03-19-2013, 03:00 PM
That was the local Chicago broadcast. They are incredibly biased, and more than that.. literally have no idea what the rules of the game they are calling actually are.

It's INCREDIBLY annoying.

The only thing they have is when they didn't get the same call earlier, but I don't even think that was as clear as this was. And pissing and moaning about not getting a call earlier in the game is crap. Make your free throws and its a non issue.

spdirty
03-19-2013, 06:20 PM
East/West split is a joke though...has way too many of the top teams on one side right now. Realistically only one team is coming out of the East and we all know who it is. Nuggets, Memphis or LAC would be good for #2 in the East by a few games. Instead, one will be on the road in the first round and at least one great team will be gone.

It's been like that for 15 years. I wish they'd just seed em 1-16.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-19-2013, 06:29 PM
It's been like that for 15 years. I wish they'd just seed em 1-16.

eh, this **** is cyclical. Generally the best team wins the NBA championship anyway, or at least gets to the finals.

spdirty
03-19-2013, 06:36 PM
This team just continues to amaze me.

SpringStein
03-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Unbelievable coming off road back to back.

I never expected this.

Bronco X
03-19-2013, 07:22 PM
I wish being wrong was always this good.

SpringStein
03-19-2013, 07:32 PM
114-104!

spdirty
03-19-2013, 07:33 PM
This team is so ****ing awesome! 13 straight, won the season series against the Thunder, now 4 back of the Thunder with the tiebreaker.

Thunder plays Memphis tomorrow. Wonder if they could get to that 2 seed.

crush17
03-19-2013, 07:35 PM
The answer to the title of thread is yes.

enjolras
03-19-2013, 07:38 PM
What a performance... just look at who they've beat in the last 13.

Oklahoma city x 2 (on the road even)
Clippers
Knicks
Memphis
Bulls
Lakers (who have been hot over this stretch)
Hawks

This is the best run in franchise history absolutely no question. It'd be the best run in a lot of franchises history.

BigPlayShay
03-19-2013, 07:39 PM
Awesome.

Greatspirits
03-19-2013, 07:41 PM
I wish being wrong was always this good.

Me too! Thought there was no way they win this one! Amazing, go Nuggs!!!

broncswin
03-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Fun to watch...lets hope Wilson is ok...that would be bad

SpringStein
03-19-2013, 07:42 PM
This team is so ****ing awesome! 13 straight, won the season series against the Thunder, now 4 back of the Thunder with the tiebreaker.

Thunder plays Memphis tomorrow. Wonder if they could get to that 2 seed.

Go OKC!!

spdirty
03-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Ahhhhhh ****! Wilson Chandler separated shoulder and Lawson reaggravated his achilles.

footstepsfrom#27
03-20-2013, 07:51 AM
Ahhhhhh ****! Wilson Chandler separated shoulder and Lawson reaggravated his achilles.
CBS quoted Karl on their website saying that Chandler's shoulder separation is "slight" and both he and Lawson are "day to day"...hopefully that's true. This team is so much fun to watch. I haven't enjoyed watching the Nuggets like this since the pre-David Thompson era team that won 65 games with a lineup of Mack Calvin, Ralph Simpson, Bobby Jones, Julius Key and Byron Beck and they were running up and down the court like this.

They keep saying this team has no stars, but Lawson has to be in the conversation with the best PG's in the league, and in this running game they play I can't think of a guy I'd rather have. He can get to the bucket at will and his shot is getting more consistent out to the 3 point line. If Farried gets a jump shot he's got All Star ability as well and down the road, in a couple years I think McGee can be a star. Regardless...I'm glad that arrogant Anthony is gone...how far did he take them?

enjolras
03-20-2013, 08:21 AM
if Farried gets a jump shot he's got All Star ability as well and down the road, in a couple years I think McGee can be a star. Regardless...I'm glad that arrogant Anthony is gone...how far did he take them?

It's funny, Faried has turned out to be what this team always wanted out of Nene. He's such a dominating physical presence that plays with intensity and energy. He's my favorite player in the whole league, I just love watching him play.

I think the most remarkable thing is that the Nuggets have managed to draft so incredibly well. They traded into a draft they didn't have any picks in to get Lawson. Faried would be a top-5 pick if they could do it over for sure.

Combined with the amazing deal they got out of New York, it's just remarkable. I thought this team would be awful for several years after Anthony, I couldn't have been more wrong.

crush17
03-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Masai Ujiri. Nuff said.

enjolras
03-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Masai Ujiri. Nuff said.

Apparently he showed up to a Nuggets watch party at Jake's last night... wish I would have been there.

Mountain Bronco
03-20-2013, 09:22 AM
On top of the winning streak, this is just a downright fun team to watch. This is the way basketball should be played!

NFLBRONCO
03-20-2013, 10:08 AM
I have to admit watching highlights this Nuggets team is fun to watch. I think this years team will prove how lopsided Stern's playoff system actually is for teams like Denver.

bombay
03-20-2013, 01:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/standings

Although the Nuggets are now in 3rd, espn wants to keep them in 5th. No stars!! Asshole co****cking pieces of ****ing ****.

Houshyamama
03-20-2013, 01:58 PM

Although the Nuggets are now in 3rd, espn wants to keep them in 5th. No stars!! a-hole co******ing pieces of ****ing ****.

Well technically Memphis has a higher win percentage. But why are we below the Clips? I was wondering about the standings myself.

bombay
03-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Well technically Memphis has a higher win percentage. But why are we below the Clips? I was wondering about the standings myself.

We aren't below the Clips, except in the espn standings. Same # of losses, and we have 1 more win. Memphis is .001 ahead of us in winning %, but we have 2 more wins and are 1/2 game ahead of them.

We don't fit the nba or espn narrative, though, so we can beat OKC on the road, and all espn can talk about is miami's winning streak, even when they don't play.

Binkythefrog
03-20-2013, 02:33 PM
The NBA has weird seeding rules here - the Nuggets technically are still 5th. Since the Clippers are a division leader - they must be seeded 1-4 even if a team like Denver has a better record than them.

Memphis has a better record than the Clips and Nugs (based on winning percentage) hence the third seed. The Clips are a division leader, hence the fourth seed.

However, the really weird thing is if the season ended today, the Clips and Denver would play - but the Nuggets would get homecourt due to a better record.

So to sum up - the seed number doesn't matter - only the record in determining home court.

Also, I've seen quite a bit of national coverage of the Nuggets today - ESPN had them as their Sportscenter highlight of the night - Tim Legler was waxing lyrical about how the Nugs are now one of his four teams that could win the title. It is probably better the Nuggets lay low - I have a feeling this pursuit of the streak is going to tax Miami - they'll probably be in playoff mode for as long as the streak continues - playing James, Wade, and Bosh big minutes in an effort o make history. I don't blame them - I would do the same.

bombay
03-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Ah, thank you.

spdirty
03-20-2013, 02:35 PM
We aren't below the Clips, except in the espn standings. Same # of losses, and we have 1 more win. Memphis is .001 ahead of us in winning %, but we have 2 more wins and are 1/2 game ahead of them.

We don't fit the nba or espn narrative, though, so we can beat OKC on the road, and all espn can talk about is miami's winning streak, even when they don't play.

Don't care. I just want the lakers, golden state, or Houston in the first round, home court against okc in the 2nd, and either a worn out spurs team or Memphis in the conference finals while espn continues to go on and on about lebron.

Blart
03-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Colorado's most successful sports team for the last decade:

Denver Nuggets.

Playoffs every year since 2003/2004, and we're going again this year.

As much as I loved the Billups/Melo team that nearly took LA down in '09, this year's team is better.

FINALS.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-21-2013, 10:08 AM
The NBA has weird seeding rules here - the Nuggets technically are still 5th. Since the Clippers are a division leader - they must be seeded 1-4 even if a team like Denver has a better record than them.

Memphis has a better record than the Clips and Nugs (based on winning percentage) hence the third seed. The Clips are a division leader, hence the fourth seed.

However, the really weird thing is if the season ended today, the Clips and Denver would play - but the Nuggets would get homecourt due to a better record.

So to sum up - the seed number doesn't matter - only the record in determining home court.

Also, I've seen quite a bit of national coverage of the Nuggets today - ESPN had them as their Sportscenter highlight of the night - Tim Legler was waxing lyrical about how the Nugs are now one of his four teams that could win the title. It is probably better the Nuggets lay low - I have a feeling this pursuit of the streak is going to tax Miami - they'll probably be in playoff mode for as long as the streak continues - playing James, Wade, and Bosh big minutes in an effort o make history. I don't blame them - I would do the same.

No, its a conspiracy!

Yeah, the only story in the NBA right now is that Miami streak and they have to go for greatness. That's what great teams do. As far as them taxing themselves during the streak, I dunno. Plus, its completely possibly Miami rolls through the first couple of rounds of the playoffs and earns plenty of rest time while other series go longer.

Regardless, while anything can happen, Miami is on another level right now, and there's not a player close to LeBron James in the NBA. Basketball is probably the only sport where one player can dominate a game based on their sheer will. I suppose there's more margin for error, less variable, and the best player can control the majority of the game (which is untrue in basically every other sport). So unless LeBron breaks his leg, I can't see him faltering.

Mountain Bronco
03-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Miami is winning the NBA championship baring injuries. Nuggs after this recent streak have shown that they can contend in the west though.

enjolras
03-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Miami is winning the NBA championship baring injuries. Nuggs after this recent streak have shown that they can contend in the west though.

Barring injury or excessive fatigue... Miami is competing at a pretty intensive level right now. I'm not sure they can keep this up indefinitely. A team like Indiana most definitely could sneak up on them.

Kaylore
03-21-2013, 08:05 PM
So the Sixers aren't scared of the Nuggets. And at home. How does this team lose to the Wizards and the Sixers?

Tim
03-21-2013, 08:23 PM
So the Sixers aren't scared of the Nuggets. And at home. How does this team lose to the Wizards and the Sixers?
not so fast 101-100 with 2.1 to go nugs ahead

Tim
03-21-2013, 08:24 PM
14 in a row!Booya!

spdirty
03-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Unreal. They had no business winning that. Cory Brewer is the ****ing man!!!!!

colorado jones
03-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Corey Brewer was unbelievable tonight.

tesnyde
03-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Occasionally you need some luck. They got it. Living right. Amazing how slow they are without Ty.

tesnyde
03-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Corey Brewer was unbelievable tonight.

Amazing he hit the three free throws. The pressure and he has 2/3 ft percentage

bombay
03-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Without Wilson Chandler.

crush17
03-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Was at the game. Seriously one of their poorest performances of the season but they had a little magic left in the tank at the end. Pepsi Center was rocking and fans were screaming all the way outside on their way out. Big win, lucky, but big!

crush17
03-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Without Wilson Chandler.

And Ty Lawson!

Broncoman13
03-22-2013, 04:50 AM
I don't care what sport it is, when you go on a long winning streak you have get lucky sometimes. Nugs were lucky last night!!! Corey Brewer had an amazing three pointer to draw within two. Then the foul on the three with 2 seconds left and hitting all three FTs. Exactly what makes the Nuggets a team to be feared, any one of about 7 players could go for 25-30 on any given night. If you are a fan of the team aspect, you should be a fan of the Nuggets!

Kaylore
03-22-2013, 06:41 AM
Good teams find ways to win games when they don't play their best.

Rascal
03-22-2013, 06:44 AM

Wizards also beat OKC, Miami, Clips, Knicks, and the Nets.

Broncos_OTM
03-22-2013, 09:46 AM
That was one hell of a game last night. Amazing

SpringStein
03-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Totally different team w/o Ty - and not in a good way. Painful game to watch until the last two minutes.

SpringStein
03-22-2013, 07:41 PM
Memphis loses to New Orleans tonight. Nuggets move ahead of Grizzlies.

bombay
03-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Sweet.

bombay
03-22-2013, 08:16 PM
OK, Memphis lost, so the Nuggets are obviously ahead of them now, but nothing has changed between the Nuggets and the Clippers since yesterday, and we have vaulted both of them, into 3rd place as we should have been a few days ago.

SpringStein
03-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Check out denverstiffs for a good explanation of the confusing rules...

bombay
03-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Actually, Blinky the frog, or something like that, explained it well on the previous page. I get why the Clips will be called the 4th seed over Denver or Memphis, whoever finishes 5th, even if they have the better record. Not that it makes any difference for home court in the playoffs, though. Best record hosts.

spdirty
03-22-2013, 09:49 PM
Man we need Ty back tomorrow. It really would suck to lose to Sacramento at home. Need to blow them out.

Being in 3rd place is awesome. :)

Bacchus
03-23-2013, 09:53 AM
I never would have thought the nuggets could ever be any higher than the 6th seed. This is friggin amazing.

nyuk nyuk
03-23-2013, 10:25 AM
LOL @ Nuggets. Streaking teams crash and burn. The Nuggets crash and burn regardless. It's a law of nature, right up there with gravity. They will tank in the playoffs.

spdirty
03-23-2013, 01:24 PM
LOL @ Nuggets. Streaking teams crash and burn. The Nuggets crash and burn regardless. It's a law of nature, right up there with gravity. They will tank in the playoffs.

Sorry, we're not the 2007 Mavericks. We're matched up with Golden State right now, and that would be a 5 game series.

Funny how you say streaking teams crash and burn though. The Heat have the 2nd longest streak in NBA history. So will they tank in the playoffs too?

colorado jones
03-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Great day of basketball with the nuggets on tonight...can't wait.

Flex Gunmetal
03-23-2013, 03:10 PM

who's your squad?

colorado jones
03-23-2013, 08:27 PM
15 in a row.

spdirty
03-23-2013, 08:27 PM
Wasn't pretty tonight but it was 15 straight!

Now we are gonna need Lawson Monday night.

Bacchus
03-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Nuggets rated as 5th best in NBA.... what you think?

It's hard for me to believe they are that good.....

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

They have the Thunder as #1 ahead of the Heat.

Denver beat the Thunder!!!!

Tim
03-23-2013, 11:11 PM

I'd put them at 4

Heat
Sas
Okc
Den
Memphis/lac

They may have a 3-1 lead on the thunder in regular season but I bet the thunder will be very hard to beat in the second round of the playoffs since Durant is a whistle machine and Westbrook has really elevated his game lately.

spdirty
03-23-2013, 11:11 PM

No worse than 4 when Chandler and Lawson are healthy. Hell they have the 4th best record in the league.

Those rankings are either bull**** or dated though. No way you could put anyone ahead of the Heat right now.

extralife
03-24-2013, 12:14 AM
Hollinger's rankings are computer rankings.

TomServo
03-24-2013, 12:44 AM
Love the Nugs but how the hell are we gonna get by the NBA and the networks to win a chamionship?

crush17
03-24-2013, 07:53 AM
Love the Nugs but how the hell are we gonna get by the NBA and the networks to win a chamionship?

If OKC can go to the finals, so can the Nuggs. (at least thats what I like to tell myself)

TonyR
03-24-2013, 09:29 AM
who's your squad?

Assuming that's dramallama/epicfail, the Mavs.

Good read on the Nugs linked below.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/55466/golden-in-denver-how-the-miraculous-nuggets-have-become-one-of-leagues-best-teams

BroncoFox
03-24-2013, 09:50 AM
I've never really watched basketball, just Broncos and Avalanche. I find baseball horribly boring. But I've been trying to get into it. And they look awesome.. except for our defense.

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about, but once the playoffs start, if we don't do something about defense, we'll not go very far. Teams play different in the playoffs. Much more defensive - and we allow even pretty awful teams to score a lot of points. We just score more than them.

So that's my only worry. That we won't be able to keep up once teams clamp down with solid defense once the playoffs start. Please tell me I am wrong. ;D

bombay
03-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Assuming that's dramallama/epicfail, the Mavs.

Good read on the Nugs linked below.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/55466/golden-in-denver-how-the-miraculous-nuggets-have-become-one-of-leagues-best-teams

That guy must not like himself very much. He's always pretending to be someone else.

hambone13
03-24-2013, 11:06 AM

Jackasses will be jackasses.

TonyR
03-24-2013, 01:36 PM
That guy must not like himself very much. He's always pretending to be someone else.

When this nyuk nyuk first showed up on the scene he pretended to be a she. I see he's dropped that.

spdirty
03-24-2013, 02:53 PM
I've never really watched basketball, just Broncos and Avalanche. I find baseball horribly boring. But I've been trying to get into it. And they look awesome.. except for our defense.

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about, but once the playoffs start, if we don't do something about defense, we'll not go very far. Teams play different in the playoffs. Much more defensive - and we allow even pretty awful teams to score a lot of points. We just score more than them.

So that's my only worry. That we won't be able to keep up once teams clamp down with solid defense once the playoffs start. Please tell me I am wrong. ;D

Did you watch the OKC game? That should tell you that when on, this team plays great clutch defense.

Of course the rebuttal to that would be the Philly game, when the defense was absolutely terrible.

I think the biggest issue with this team is health. If healthy this team can go all the way to the Finals. And I think if you put Iggy on the best perimeter player and Chandler on the next best offensive player this team will be more than efficient on defense. The key though is that they have to run, and trap their opponent into getting into a running game with them. That is when they are nearly unbeatable.

Hope like hell Lawson is a go tomorrow. Otherwise I think Nawlins ends the streak. Teams are now bringing their best effort against us now.

bombay
03-24-2013, 05:04 PM
When this nyuk nyuk first showed up on the scene he pretended to be a she. I see he's dropped that.

It appears that there is no bottom with that chic. She just continues to sink.

Bacchus
03-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Here is a great article on our little nuggets.

The Denver Nuggets' streak, stardom and the resilience of depth

By Tom Ziller (http://www.sbnation.com/authors/tom-ziller) on Mar 26 2013, 12:00p  @teamziller (http://twitter.com/teamziller) 1 (http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/26/4148290/denver-nuggets-streak-depth-george-karl#comments)

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/10445031/20130321_kkt_as8_885.0_standard_730.0.jpg
The Denver Nuggets have replaced a superstar with superior depth and a large rotation. The Hook posits that with the spreading of responsibility comes a diffusion of risk and a strengthening of the team's game-to-game resilience.

The two teams that had been rampaging through the NBA couldn't be more different. The Miami Heat, threatening the record for consecutive wins, are built around three stars. The team's supporting cast has been improved a great deal since 2010, but compared to most good NBA teams, it's still lacking. The success of the team depends almost wholly on how well LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh play. Luckily, all three are excellent players; LeBron is clearly the best in the world.

The Denver Nuggets, who until Monday's loss to the Hornets had won 15 straight games, are the exact opposite. There's not one 2013 All-Star on the squad, and only Andre Iguodala has earned that honor in the past. No one from this team is likely to make the All-NBA team, which recognizes the top 15 players in the league. We don't have anyone likely to earn postseason award consideration, either, though Iguodala could land on an All-Defense team. (The front office is a different story: Masai Ujiri should battle Daryl Morey for Executive of the Year votes.) George Karl could also receive a look in the Coach of the Year contest, though Erik Spoelstra, Gregg Popovich, Frank Vogel and Bernie Bickerstaff are in the mix.

What you need to win at the level the Heat and Nuggets have won at is resilience. Players just aren't going to be totally consistent every night. Energy, injuries, match-ups, unavoidable randomness: it all plays a role in determining the final numbers for any player and team. If you flip a coin 100 times, you expect 50 heads and 50 tails. If you break those 100 flips into 10-flip games, you wouldn't in the least be surprised to have a few 7-3s, 6-4s, even an 8-2 result. The same applies to, say, shooters. A 45 percent shooter isn't going to shoot 45 percent every night, even excepting injuries and tough match-ups. Some nights he'll shoot 30 percent. Some nights he'll shoot 70. It happens.

For the Heat, the team needs at least one of its stars to have a good night against most teams. Against better teams, it needs even more. Luckily, LeBron at his worst is still better than most. (In 70 games, LeBron has six in which his GameScore was below 15, which is NBA average. None of those were below 11.) Having a great player who is nearly always good and frequently great is a helluva form of resilience. So long as LeBron and Wade play the way that they have since February, the Heat will be in position to win. That reliable production -- which has of course been efficient, unlike the sort of production you get from a Monta Ellis or Kobe Bryant -- is a cushion against spectacular performance by opponents and a launching pad toward victory. Having LeBron right now is almost like a 400-meter head start in a 1-mile race.

The Nuggets are so very different. Their resilience isn't in one reliable producer. The Heat are using a weighted coin to get more heads than tails. The Nuggets are just flipping a ton of coins every night. Karl's rotation goes 9-10 deep, and every last one of the players is good. In many cases, really quite good. Few teams boast two point guards as proficient as Ty Lawson and Andre Miller, two big men as athletic as Kenneth Faried and JaVale McGee, two wing defenders as defensively stout as Iguodala and Corey Brewer and two perimeter shooters as sharp as Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler. The rotation is solid enough that Karl can basically not use Timofey Mozgov (a perfect usable big man) and bring in Anthony Randolph only for crunch-time defensive possessions. Second-year wing Jordan Hamilton has shown an ability to step in and produce when needed. In other words, while Karl uses 9-10 per game, he actually has 11-12 players who can come in and play at league average level or better.

For the rest of the article: http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/26/4148290/denver-nuggets-streak-depth-george-karl

nyuk nyuk
03-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Sorry, we're not the 2007 Mavericks. We're matched up with Golden State right now, and that would be a 5 game series.

Funny how you say streaking teams crash and burn though. The Heat have the 2nd longest streak in NBA history. So will they tank in the playoffs too?

No, we aren't the 2007 Mavs. Worse: We're dealing with the Denver Nuggets. They ALWAYS crash and burn.

Greatspirits
04-05-2013, 09:36 AM
The Gallo injury was a complete bummer, looks like he's done for the year. Any hopes of them making a run through the playoffs took a big hit.

DENVERDUI55
04-05-2013, 09:38 AM
To answer the initial question No the Nuggets aren't a team to be feared.

Kaylore
04-05-2013, 09:50 AM
The Gallo injury was a complete bummer, looks like he's done for the year. Any hopes of them making a run through the playoffs took a big hit.

People don't consider the way he played defense. For example he gave Durant fits because he had the size and range to play him right. It tried to talk myself into thinking their depth could step but, but Galo was too important in too many ways. The more I think about it, the more I think the Nuggs are a first round exit.

NFLBRONCO
04-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Playoffs are different animal lets see Denver sweep first 2 games in series #1 before we go crazy.

spdirty
04-05-2013, 10:18 AM
If they get the 3 seed, get the Warriors in the first round, a beat up Spurs team in the second round, they could still get to the WCF, which was my goal for this team all along.

The Thunder are the brick wall, and even if they get past the Thunder, they won't beat the Heat.

But they showed a ton of heart last night, fought through bad calls, bad free throw shooting, and bad paint scoring. I'm excited to see this team fight through some more adversity and shock the shlt out of the naysayers.

ludo21
04-05-2013, 10:27 AM
how long is gallo out for? they wont win a series without him

spdirty
04-05-2013, 10:28 AM

Yes they will...MRI today, probably torn ACL, so that would put him out till next January or February.

Greatspirits
04-05-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm still holding hope its a bad sprain, but reports are they said he heard a pop. That doesn't sound good.

ludo21
04-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Yes they will...MRI today, probably torn ACL, so that would put him out till next January or February.

suppose if Anthony Randolp can come in and do well maybe....

Golden State is no easy out nor will the Clippers be if they fall down another spot...

Love the Nuggs, just don't see it their without #2 scorer

Lestat
04-05-2013, 11:46 AM
if they have to face GS without Gallo it will be a very tough match up. Curry can light it up, Lee while crappy on D can rebound and score well, then Thompson is a nice shooter.

bombay
04-05-2013, 12:11 PM
We need Lawson more than Galo.

Lestat
04-05-2013, 01:07 PM
We need Lawson more than Galo.

while that's true, Gallo is a nice shooter and helps stretch the D plus his length gives teams problems.
the Nuggets have no superstar and are cohesive unit that just lost 16.3 ppg.
now you have to ask more of Brewer,Chandler and Iggy to bridge the gap.

enjolras
04-05-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm still holding hope its a bad sprain, but reports are they said he heard a pop. That doesn't sound good.

I was like 30 feet away. You could see it was bad bad bad news when it happened.

Chris
04-05-2013, 01:58 PM
I was like 30 feet away. You could see it was bad bad bad news when it happened.

Why did you tear his ACL?

Greatspirits
04-05-2013, 03:00 PM
it's official, torn ACL, out for the year.
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_22963934/nuggets-danilo-gallinari-out-season-acl-tear

enjolras
04-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Why did you tear his ACL?

I did no such thing! We we're too busy heckling Chris Kaman for being..you know...himself.

BroncoMan4ever
04-06-2013, 10:11 PM

they are deep at his position; so even though it sucks he is hurt, it isn't a hugely detrimental injury to the team. Chandler can match or surpass his offensive output. the injury that can hurt the team is Lawson. he is the motor that makes the team go.

Rolandftw
04-07-2013, 10:03 AM
If Fournier can be productive for Denver in the playoffs, losing gallo won't be a fatal blow. Need Lawson to get back though. And in time to get back in sync with the offense.

Mogulseeker
04-07-2013, 12:08 PM
I don't watch much basketball, but when I do, Gallo always seems to be sinking threes. Am I wrong to assume he's the Nuggs best player?

I know McGhee is good and Faireed is flashy.... IDK, maybe I'll get into it more. But it seems to me like losing Gallo would hurt.

Rolandftw
04-07-2013, 02:31 PM
I don't watch much basketball, but when I do, Gallo always seems to be sinking threes. Am I wrong to assume he's the Nuggs best player?

I know McGhee is good and Faireed is flashy.... IDK, maybe I'll get into it more. But it seems to me like losing Gallo would hurt.

Gallinari is a very team oriented player. Very good basketball iq. I'm sure he's an awesome player to play for. Lot of people think he's a great shooter, but statistically really about average.

There best player is probably Iggy. There just aren't many players like him that have the ability to contain another team's best scoring option... and be a great passer and rebounder. His outside shot isn't very good though.

extralife
04-07-2013, 10:49 PM
The Nuggets' best player is easily Lawson. After him you can make a case for a whole bunch of guys.

broncswin
04-08-2013, 05:51 AM
Lawson, Iggy, Gallo, Chandler, Faried, Brewer, Miller, Koufus...in that order IMHO

Kaylore
04-08-2013, 06:30 AM
Lawson, Iggy, Gallo, Chandler, Faried, Brewer, Miller, Koufus...in that order IMHO

I'd put Koufus ahead of Miller since the AS break.

Bacchus
04-11-2013, 07:18 AM
Nuggets beat San Antonio Spurs, tie franchise record for wins

Posted: 04/10/2013 11:01:14 PM MDT
Updated: 04/11/2013 02:57:22 AM MDT
By Benjamin Hochman
The Denver Post

Oh-nine. That's always the reference point. Chauncey and Melo, Kenyon and J.R. When talking about the modern-era Nuggets, the '09 Nuggets are the benchmark, because that squad made it to the Western Conference Finals, the only team to make it out of the first round since Denver drafted Carmelo Anthony in 2003.
Well, that team won 54 games. So has this one — with four games to go.

The short-handed Nuggets slapped around the short-handed Spurs on Wednesday night, 96-86, giving Denver (54-24) its 21st consecutive win at Pepsi Center, the longest home winning streak in team history. The win ties the 2008-09 and 1987-88 team with most wins in Nuggets' NBA history, and the 36th home victory ties the ABA Nuggets from 1976-77 for most home wins in franchise history.

Yes, Danilo Gallinari (knee) is out for the season. And Ty Lawson (heel), who should return before the playoffs, likely won't be 100 percent for the postseason. But there is just so much to like about this Denver team, especially in the friendly confines of altitude.

Now, Wednesday's win was cool and all, but the first half was about as exciting as watching the Avalanche. Both teams shot 36 percent from the field, and the halftime score was 38-37 in the home team's favor.

This after the Spurs (57-21) opened up the game 14-0, and the Pepsi Center crowd, which stands until Denver's first point, stayed on its feet until the 6:42 mark of the first.
But the Nuggets, led by Wilson Chandler (29) and Corey Brewer (28) erupted in the third quarter, and when Chandler and JaVale McGee each blocked a Tim Duncan shot on a late-third possession, and Chandler two-handed slammed on the other end, Denver led 69-61. Soon, it was 82-63.

Read more: Nuggets beat San Antonio Spurs, tie franchise record for wins - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_23000522/nuggets-beat-san-antonio-spurs-tie-franchise-record-wins#ixzz2QAFqnfQa) http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_23000522/nuggets-beat-san-antonio-spurs-tie-franchise-record-wins#ixzz2QAFqnfQa

enjolras
04-11-2013, 07:47 AM

For me:

Lawson, Iggy, Faried, Gallo, Chandler, Koufus, Miller-Brewer-Fournier

Bacchus
04-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Western Conference
<table class="sdi-data-wide" bgcolor="#999999" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" width="120">NBA Northwest</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">W</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">L</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">PCT</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">GB</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">CONF</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">DIV</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">HOME</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">AWAY</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404316"> Oklahoma City (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404316.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 57</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 21</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .731</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> -</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 36-13</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 9-6</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 33-6</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 24-15</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404065"> Denver (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404065.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 54</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 24</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .692</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 3.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 36-13</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 10-5</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 36-3</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 18-21</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404031"> Utah (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404031.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 41</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 38</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .519</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 16.5</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 24-25</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 7-7</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 29-11</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 12-27</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team403993"> Portland (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team403993.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 33</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 45</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .423</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 24.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 18-30</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 6-8</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 22-17</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 11-28</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team403995"> Minnesota (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team403995.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 29</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 49</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .372</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 28.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 15-33</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 4-10</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 19-20</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 10-29</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" width="120">NBA Pacific</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">W</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">L</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">PCT</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">GB</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">CONF</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">DIV</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">HOME</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">AWAY</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404135"> L.A. Clippers (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404135.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 52</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 26</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .667</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> -</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 31-17</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 10-5</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 31-9</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 21-17</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404119"> Golden State (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404119.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 45</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 33</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .577</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 7.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 26-22</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 9-6</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 27-12</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 18-21</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team403977"> L.A. Lakers (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team403977.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 42</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 37</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .532</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 10.5</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 25-24</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 7-8</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 26-12</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 16-25</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team403975"> Sacramento (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team403975.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 28</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 50</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .359</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 24.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 14-34</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 7-8</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 20-20</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 8-30</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404029"> Phoenix (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404029.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 24</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 55</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .304</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 28.5</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 16-33</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 5-11</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 16-24</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 8-31</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" width="120">NBA Southwest</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">W</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">L</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">PCT</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">GB</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">CONF</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">DIV</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">HOME</td> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub" align="center">AWAY</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404302"> San Antonio (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404302.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 57</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 21</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .731</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> -</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 32-16</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 12-4</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 34-5</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 23-16</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404049"> Memphis (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404049.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 53</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 25</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .679</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 4.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 31-17</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 8-6</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 31-8</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 22-17</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404137"> Houston (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404137.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 44</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 34</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .564</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 13.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 23-25</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 6-9</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 28-11</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 16-23</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404047"> Dallas (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404047.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 38</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 40</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .487</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 19.0</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 21-27</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 5-8</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 22-16</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 16-24</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sdi-datahead-sub-nb sdi-nba-team404101"> New Orleans (http://stats.denverpost.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404101.html) </td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 27</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 52</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> .342</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 30.5</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 15-34</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 5-9</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 16-23</td> <td class="sdi-datacell" align="center"> 11-29</td></tr></tbody></table>

Bacchus
04-11-2013, 07:50 AM
What like about the Nuggets is the road record. After starting out wining on 30% of their games on the road the Nuggets now have the 5th best road record in the West.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Popovich has been resting everyone claiming injury. It's like he doesn't want the top seed. Maybe a little scared of the lakers? No Parker no ginobili. No Diaw. No Jackson against the nuggets?? That's more than half the best players. Sore neck? Really?

Bacchus
04-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Popovich has been resting everyone claiming injury. It's like he doesn't want the top seed. Maybe a little scared of the lakers? No Parker no ginobili. No Diaw. No Jackson against the nuggets?? That's more than half the best players. Sore neck? Really?

I doubt he is just resting the players to rest them. They are in a statistical tie with OKC and Denver is only 3 games behind them. I doubt he wants to give up home court advantage to either of them.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-11-2013, 01:29 PM
I doubt he is just resting the players to rest them. They are in a statistical tie with OKC and Denver is only 3 games behind them. I doubt he wants to give up home court advantage to either of them.

This is a guy who has no problem sitting out players all at once. There is nothing wrong with Diaw or Jackson. He actually listed Duncan's injury as being "old" on an injury report. He just has been rotating players sitting games last few weeks. Ginobili is about the only player injured. If playoffs started today every spur would be in uniform. Spurs already been fined for doing this. Listing them under injury is less expensive. Last few games left their line ups will be way different.

Kaylore
04-11-2013, 01:49 PM
This is a guy who has no problem sitting out players all at once. There is nothing wrong with Diaw or Jackson. He actually listed Duncan's injury as being "old" on an injury report.

:rofl: That's funny.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-11-2013, 01:56 PM
:rofl: That's funny.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/545633/TIM-DUNCAN-OLD.jpg

Tombstone RJ
04-11-2013, 02:04 PM
My biggest fear is the nugz lose their mojo in the playoffs. George Karl teams tend to do this.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-11-2013, 02:41 PM
My biggest fear is the nugz lose their mojo in the playoffs. George Karl teams tend to do this.

They have a good home court that'll get them through the 1st round. And a deep bench with different players contributing. So if someone loses their mojo another can pick up the slack. OKC spurs and nugs are the top shelf in the west.

Kaylore
04-11-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm more worried about how we don't have a star to draw all the fouls that stars get even more of in the playoffs. Even when we get to the line we miss half our free throws. Those things add up.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-11-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm more worried about how we don't have a star to draw all the fouls that stars get even more of in the playoffs. Even when we get to the line we miss half our free throws. Those things add up.

Really? Last night the announcers kept saying how high the nugs are ranked at getting to the free throw line.

Tombstone RJ
04-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Really? Last night the announcers kept saying how high the nugs are ranked at getting to the free throw line.

post season is always different. The refs don't call it equally in the post season, they give the big names a free pass and then throw flags at teams like the nugz for ticky tack stuff. I've seen this too many times to have any faith that the refs will be different this coming post season. For teams like the nugz, not only do they have to outplay the opposing team, they have to overcome lousy officiating. I don't think George Karl is up to it IMHO.

BroncoMan4ever
04-11-2013, 03:23 PM

They still only hit about 60% of their free throws. So getting to the line isn't the issue, hitting shots is

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-11-2013, 03:28 PM
They still only hit about 60% of their free throws. So getting to the line isn't the issue, hitting shots is

Ouch. Ya getting to the line alot with a high 60s percentage is not good.

Could be better the refs didnt blow the whistle for them in the postseason. That kind of stat can lose a series.

extralife
04-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Could be better the refs didnt blow the whistle for them in the postseason. That kind of stat can lose a series.

you do realize that hitting 60% (the nuggs actually shoot 70 percent) of your free throws is better than hitting zero percent of them, which is what you hit if you are never on the line, right?

I mean, your post is straight up Objectively Dumb.

spdirty
04-11-2013, 07:29 PM
you do realize that hitting 60% (the nuggs actually shoot 70 percent) of your free throws is better than hitting zero percent of them, which is what you hit if you are never on the line, right?

Defensive intensity and the ability to trap their opponents into a reckless running game is what will give the Nuggets success in the playoffs. Their free throw shooting is what it is. At this point I'll take 70% in the playoffs.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-11-2013, 07:52 PM

Really? It was a ****ing joke. Wake up stupid. But there is some obscure logic to it. If you go to the line and miss, it not only takes away your possesion to score , it also stops the clock for the team that's behind. It's why some teams foul players on purpose cause they brick free throws.

And by the way in anal terms, .697 is technically not .700 (edit that was a joke too)

extralife
04-11-2013, 09:25 PM
there is no logic to it, obscure or not, but nice job pretending it was a "joke post."

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-11-2013, 09:50 PM
there is no logic to it, obscure or not, but nice job pretending it was a "joke post."

Cool story bro. The joke was a reference to someone mentioning how they won't get the whistles in the playoffs

Ya I've never seen a team purposely foul other teams to come back in a game. Far be it from that team missing the free throws and losing the game. It's insane to commit fouls on purpose!

extralife
04-11-2013, 11:40 PM
fouling when time is a factor has literally nothing to do with anything you mentioned in your original post.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-12-2013, 07:48 AM
fouling when time is a factor has literally nothing to do with anything you mentioned in your original post.

Bull**** it doesn't. You commented on a joke by saying something about 0%. Im pointing out how a bad FT team can hurt themselves by having an increased percentage of FTs during a game. Guess you don't know what a hack a shack or hack a Howard is. A horrible free throw player shooting zero free throws in a game is better off for that team. Why the hell would a coach foul a player on purpose and make him go to the line if it didnt benefit him? Popovich did it lots of times to shaq. He even did it in the first 10 seconds of the first game of a season as a joke. Apparantly you wouldn't get that cause you can't understand when a joke or sarcasm is thrown out there.

Kaylore
04-12-2013, 08:10 AM
I had no idea my comment was so provocative...

enjolras
04-12-2013, 08:20 AM
I had no idea my comment was so provocative...

Hah.. I read it and went "yep". It's more or less conventional wisdom, and it's been an issue for the Nuggets before. Hopefully this year they'll be able to find a way to get some whistles.

Kaylore
04-12-2013, 08:35 AM
If you play fast and attack the key you will get fouled. They've been able to do that all year.

maven
04-12-2013, 09:40 AM
If you play fast and attack the key you will get fouled. They've been able to do that all year.

playoff ball grinds down to halfcourt, hence star power gets you the calls which enables you to hit the free throw line and put the opposition in foul trouble.

maven
04-12-2013, 09:44 AM

If the Nuggets have all these allege "assets" you have to ship them for an elite piece.

broncswin
04-12-2013, 10:21 AM
If the Nuggets have all these allege "assets" you have to ship them for an elite piece.

That's how we got these ASSETS. We had a superstar and he was a little Biatch that whined his a$$ outta town...apparently superstars don't want to play here. You have a guy on your team that bailed on his former team as well...I have no respect for players like that...so we will stick with what we have and hope to shock the world.

Kaylore
04-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Well something can be said for our ability to develop talent. The Nuggets really have developed their pieces very well and you could argue added value. Look at Fournier in his limited time here. Look at Lawson.

broncswin
04-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Oh I agree...I'm very happy with the FO and Karl, although I sometimes think WTF with some of his decision....that's why he coaches and I don't!! LMAO

crush17
04-12-2013, 10:44 AM

We HAVE an elite piece and his name is Ty Lawson.

spdirty
04-12-2013, 10:51 AM

First off, would the elite piece want to be here? Not many elite pieces do, if any. Most of them are bitches that want to play on the coasts.

Second, would the elite piece commit to what Karl is coaching, and play intense defense while being unselfish on offense? Or would that piece demand 30 shots a game and be a ball stopper?

maven
04-12-2013, 11:08 AM
That's how we got these ASSETS. We had a superstar and he was a little Biatch that whined his a$$ outta town...apparently superstars don't want to play here. You have a guy on your team that bailed on his former team as well...I have no respect for players like that...so we will stick with what we have and hope to shock the world.

I don't blame Bosh for wanting to play somewhere else, plus he was a free agent.

:pimp:

maven
04-12-2013, 11:09 AM
We HAVE an elite piece and his name is Ty Lawson.

If Lawson is an elite piece, you better get more players to complement him.

maven
04-12-2013, 11:11 AM
First off, would the elite piece want to be here? Not many elite pieces do, if any. Most of them are b****es that want to play on the coasts.

Second, would the elite piece commit to what Karl is coaching, and play intense defense while being unselfish on offense? Or would that piece demand 30 shots a game and be a ball stopper?

That piece needs to be an elite scorer, which the Nuggets do not have. I commend them for putting pieces together, but they need to make the trade for the next step.

spdirty
04-12-2013, 11:40 AM
If Lawson is an elite piece, you better get more players to complement him.

Have you just refused to watch the nuggets or even look at the standings?

And this attitude that once the playoffs start everything just automatically reverts to a half court sludgefest....we'll see about that too. Like I said, the nuggets are great at sucking teams into a running game. If opponents want a half court snorefest when they play us they'd better be sprinting back after turnovers, missed shots, even made shots...cuz this team is always looking for an opportunity to catch opponents sleeping.

spdirty
04-12-2013, 11:43 AM
That piece needs to be an elite scorer, which the Nuggets do not have. I commend them for putting pieces together, but they need to make the trade for the next step.

Really...give me a name then...who should the Nuggets go after? I contend that if you just inserted melo onto this team as is they would not be any better, and in fact would be worse than they are right now.

Because any elite player or scorer they would get would have to buy into what Karl is coaching, otherwise everything gets ****ed up.

DenverBrit
04-12-2013, 11:47 AM

Most likely free agent signing is rumored to be Kyle Korver. Consistent 3 point threat.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2011/kyle-korver

Denver post story.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2013/03/04/atlantas-kyle-korver-expected-near-the-top-of-denvers-wishlist-in-the-offseason/8339/

spdirty
04-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Most likely free agent signing is rumored to be Kyle Korver. Consistent 3 point threat.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2011/kyle-korver

Denver post story.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2013/03/04/atlantas-kyle-korver-expected-near-the-top-of-denvers-wishlist-in-the-offseason/8339/

Thatd be cool, so long as we keep brewer around.

spiralism
04-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Picked a great time to lose. Now we have three games that are all absolute MUSTS to win or we end up 5th. Portland and Phoenix are always tricky for us and we're long overdue at home. Milwaukee on the road. There's at least one defeat there if not more.

bronco_diesel
04-13-2013, 07:51 AM
Picked a great time to lose. Now we have three games that are all absolute MUSTS to win or we end up 5th. Portland and Phoenix are always tricky for us and we're long overdue at home. Milwaukee on the road. There's at least one defeat there if not more.

I think they can pull off all 3. Honestly I am kind of glad to see them in this spot to see how they respond. If anything we can get 2 of the 3. Memphis and LAC play each other tonight.

spdirty
04-13-2013, 08:01 AM

Someone's being a negative nancy. If the Clippers win tonight, we'll be fine. Portland and Phoenix are coming here, they have their trips for Vegas planned, and just want to come here, take their medicine, and leave. Milwaukee is the big one. We will need to beat Milwaukee on the road on the 2nd of a back to back. They are locked into the 8 seed so hopefully they will rest their starters that night.

crush17
04-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Having the tie-breaker over both LA and Memphis is looking pretty huge right about now...

Lestat
04-13-2013, 08:33 AM
the nuggets biggest problem in the playoffs will be finding a consistent hot hand to keep them in and close out games.
the deeper they go the more important it will be. you know Ty Lawson is going to set up his teammates and get his. but he's not an elite scorer and they will need someone to put up buckets on a consistent basis and carry them at times.

can they do that against a tough defensive team in a 7 game series? we'll find out.

Greatspirits
04-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Now Faried goes down! This team as some bad karma going on!

bombay
04-14-2013, 07:29 PM
It was great to see Ty starting to look like he's in game shape and getting his quicks back. Several good spins and drives to the hoop. Twelve points, 10 assists, 4 boards, and 4 steals. Another explosive game for Fournier, too. Twenty-four points on 8-12 shooting, 4 boards, 4 assists, and 3 steals. This team is so much fun to watch.

Tim
04-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Clinched home court!

spiralism
04-15-2013, 07:51 PM
That game wasnt good for the heart... just one more now, i want no part of Memphis. Hopefully we don't fall victim to the George Karl hoodoo against crap teams against PHX wednesday now. Ideally we win and Houston stays 6th, we're a good matchup with them i feel. They turn it over like nobodys business and wont try dragging us into a halfcourt slugfest.

spdirty
04-15-2013, 07:55 PM
That game wasnt good for the heart... just one more now, i want no part of Memphis. Hopefully we don't fall victim to the George Karl hoodoo against crap teams against PHX wednesday now. Ideally we win and Houston stays 6th, we're a good matchup with them i feel. They turn it over like nobodys business and wont try dragging us into a halfcourt slugfest.

Agree. If Houston wins and Golden State loses tonight, Houston has 6th locked up since they have the tiebreaker. Right now Houston taking a dump against Phoenix and GS playing the Spurs and it just started.

spiralism
04-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Agree. If Houston wins and Golden State loses tonight, Houston has 6th locked up since they have the tiebreaker. Right now Houston taking a dump against Phoenix and GS playing the Spurs and it just started.

Great. PHX in a bit of form for Wednesday then. Mind you, knowing Karl in those kind of games, i'd be just as worried if they were on a 9 game losing streak

Greatspirits
04-16-2013, 09:34 AM
It looks like it's going to be Golden State which worries me. I'd rather play Houston. The Warriors back court of Curry and Thompson are some shootin fools and the Nugz don't particularly defend the 3 very well.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-16-2013, 09:49 AM

See last nights lineup for the spurs? Still doubt it? No duncan no Parker no ginobili no Diaw no Kawhi. That's their 5 best players all sitting in a game that could decide a seed.

Pop doesn't care about seeds.

nyuk nyuk
04-16-2013, 09:57 AM
As a Denver native with previous copious experience watching the buttNuggets, I can assure you all this is what will happen:

They'll choke in the playoffs.

Lestat
04-16-2013, 10:02 AM
GS is about the worst match up for the Nuggs. especially if Faried isn't 100%.
Curry can light it up like a fiend.