PDA

View Full Version : OM loading Stalls

rugbythug
02-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Am I the only one? I get maybe one page go back and it stalls out.

lonestar
02-09-2013, 06:23 PM
No you are not.

About 1/3 of every post I make comes back with a blank screen. For that matter 1/3 of every send I make does that.

No matter that it is at home or another IP so it is not my side.

When I reside 95% of the time I get this is a duplicate post. Then it says it will redirect it which never happens.

Worst server of any site I go to.

TDmvp
02-09-2013, 06:24 PM
No you are not.

About 1/3 of every post I make comes back with a blank screen. For that matter 1/3 of every send I make does that.

No matter that it is at home or another IP so it is not my side.

When I reside 95% of the time I get this is a duplicate post. Then it says it will redirect it which never happens.

Worst server of any site I go to.

Same here.

schaaf
02-09-2013, 06:32 PM
F N A Taco, get your **** together.

I kid, I kid.

Kaylore
02-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Yeah it's causing a lot of repeat posts too.

Rocket 7
02-09-2013, 07:05 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=9094

Man-Goblin
02-09-2013, 07:22 PM

Mogulseeker
02-09-2013, 08:01 PM
People would load the stalls on the ship I worked on. It was disgusting.

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2013, 10:06 PM
si

loborugger
02-09-2013, 10:24 PM
The whole site is slow - 1996 dial up slow.

maher_tyler
02-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Am I the only one? I get maybe one page go back and it stalls out.

All the time.

KipCorrington25
02-10-2013, 12:20 AM
Yep, when big news breaks I have to go to Meth Planet to get the update because this site always ****s the bed. Sad.

Kaylore
02-10-2013, 08:50 AM
The whole site is slow - 1996 dial up slow.

You need to upgrade to the 56K Modem, friend! Also, please visit my geocities site with spinning graphics and ugly wallpaper!

TheReverend
02-10-2013, 08:51 AM

errand
02-10-2013, 09:43 AM
The solution is simple.....instead of whining about this site, buy your own server etc. and start your own website/message board. Or should TJ start charging us a monthly membership fee?

Dr. Broncenstein
02-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Repeat posts, it's causing them. Alot of. Yeah.

lonestar
02-10-2013, 01:06 PM
The solution is simple.....instead of whining about this site, buy your own server etc. and start your own website/message board. Or should TJ start charging us a monthly membership fee?

Bet that would cut down on the membership and hence the number of hits.

When that happens his ad revenue goes down. Lose lose.

Requiem
02-10-2013, 01:18 PM

You bring this up every time posters bring up issues with the site. You are a broken record. Shut up.

tesnyde
02-10-2013, 04:37 PM
I thought we had a PBR thread going from the title.

broncosteven
02-10-2013, 07:30 PM

broncosteven
02-10-2013, 07:34 PM

Or we could all chip in what we can afford at least once a year to help Taco out. I donate at least once a year, I pay magazine subscriptions, I am here every day, I figure it is the very least I could do. I know I wish I could do more.

errand
02-10-2013, 07:37 PM
You bring this up every time posters bring up issues with the site. You are a broken record. Shut up.

Why not PM Taco John and ask him about any concerns you might have....instead you ****wads start a thread and bitch and whine like little whores with sand in their vaginas

Unless you're footing the bill, you shouldn't bitch about the message board....TJ has put his time and money into the running of this site and when things run smoothly how many ****ing threads do you douche bags start saying what a great place it is?

None.....

So either start your own or leave.....if not then shut the **** up yourself.

errand
02-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Bet that would cut down on the membership and hence the number of hits.

When that happens his ad revenue goes down. Lose lose.

And how many advertisers will he lose if they open the message board and see threads bitching and whining about it?

I just don't understand people posting on a message board for free openly bitching about small problems but never offering the guy who provides the message board any money to help solve them.

errand
02-10-2013, 07:45 PM
You bring this up every time posters bring up issues with the site. You are a broken record.

I guess it's just another one of those repeat posts then.....

Cito Pelon
02-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Why not PM Taco John and ask him about any concerns you might have....instead you ****wads start a thread and b**** and whine like little whores with sand in their vaginas

Unless you're footing the bill, you shouldn't b**** about the message board....TJ has put his time and money into the running of this site and when things run smoothly how many ****ing threads do you douche bags start saying what a great place it is?

None.....

So either start your own or leave.....if not then shut the **** up yourself.

Ouch. Yeah, I'm a freeloader, so I don't complain. Good post.

lonestar
02-11-2013, 01:45 AM
And how many advertisers will he lose if they open the message board and see threads b****ing and whining about it?

I just don't understand people posting on a message board for free openly b****ing about small problems but never offering the guy who provides the message board any money to help solve them.

Do you honestly think that those advertisers go to sites like these to see if folks are happy. All they care about are the numbers of hits a place has, and hopefully the number of hits to their links get.

I do not understand folks that piss and. Moan about folks that raise concerns. About the place.

Ever think that because of all the double entries, extra sends we all seem to be seeing that if those errors are fixed (which seem to be server issues) how much faster the response time would be and how many extra threads would NOT be created.

So piss and moan all you want. If TJ does not want to hear all he has to do is speak up and tells us he does not give a damn. Until then I see it as our duty as members to speak up.

ZONA
02-11-2013, 01:54 AM

No ****. Isn't the goal for everybody to go to the same place to discuss things. Not everybody start their own damn server. That's real logic right there.

TJ said some updates are coming soon so grin and bare it for now.

Taco John
02-11-2013, 03:13 AM
Updates are on their way this offseason. In the meantime, I've found that clearing my browser cache (the cache, not the cookies) on a regular basis improves performance considerably. I'm not sure I understand why, but I just know it's been working for me.

rugbythug
02-11-2013, 08:25 AM
The strange issue for me is when I load it it is fine. However if I am clicking around the site it stalls. Close and load fine again. Makes it appear like bad php that gets confused.

Kaylore
02-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Updates are on their way this offseason. In the meantime, I've found that clearing my browser cache (the cache, not the cookies) on a regular basis improves performance considerably. I'm not sure I understand why, but I just know it's been working for me.

What are you? Some kind of religious nut?