PDA

View Full Version : Ravens to Build a Ray Lewis Statue

Rohirrim
02-08-2013, 08:01 AM
The Baltimore Ravens are planning to build a statue for linebacker Ray Lewis, owner Steve Bisciotti said Thursday.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8925875/baltimore-ravens-plan-build-statue-ray-lewis

A serious "WTF?" moment.

ColoradoDarin
02-08-2013, 08:07 AM
I imagine it will be based on this....

http://www.derfmagazine.com/_images/cincinnati/news/1183/ray-lewis-bloody-knife.jpg

Houshyamama
02-08-2013, 08:08 AM
He's not the hero Baltimore needs, but he is the murderer Baltimore deserves.

Rohirrim
02-08-2013, 08:10 AM
I wonder if the statue will be holding a knife?

SonOfLe-loLang
02-08-2013, 08:16 AM

Ever see The Wire? A murdering ray seems sort of appropriate

Though I'd be down for an Omar Statue too

Smiling Assassin27
02-08-2013, 08:32 AM
I imagine it will be based on this....

http://www.derfmagazine.com/_images/cincinnati/news/1183/ray-lewis-bloody-knife.jpg

what you don't see is the aerosol can and syringe in the other hand. :afro:

schaaf
02-08-2013, 11:17 AM
He should be in a white suit

DenverDynamite
02-08-2013, 11:23 AM
Ugh. I could be wrong here, but I would hope that if Denver had such a polarizing, controversial player that there would be considerably less blind worship.

DenverDynamite
02-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Does Baltimore have a statue for Johnny U? If not, this is REALLY F-up!

peacepipe
02-08-2013, 12:12 PM
I dont see a problem,he is beloved in the area & around the country. regardless of those who choose to judge him only on one event. he has meant a lot and has done alot for the community there, I watched part of a show where a mother said she hopes her children grows up to be like him. he has done alot of good throughout his career. he had his day in court,however much you may disagree with the outcome.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Its weird giving living people statues

Pendejo
02-08-2013, 12:21 PM
He should be in a white suit

I bet it will be eventually.

broncogary
02-08-2013, 12:36 PM
I'm buying a pigeon and releasing it in Baltimore.

go_broncos
02-08-2013, 12:56 PM
**** him...they won the SB due to refs

That One Guy
02-08-2013, 02:30 PM
he had his day in court,however much you may disagree with the outcome.

No he didn't, he pled down then paid off the families.

peacepipe
02-08-2013, 02:41 PM
No he didn't, he pled down then paid off the families.

that is part of the process,plea deals are done all the time.

oubronco
02-08-2013, 02:53 PM
I wonder if the statue will be holding a knife?

Someone will probably duct tape one on there

uplink
02-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Unitas Statue

uplink
02-08-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm going to submit my concept to the statue committee. I will have one half of Ray in a purple ravens uniform holding up two Lombardi trophies in that hand. The other half of ray will be in gray wearing a suit holding that hand up taking the oath in court with part of a witness stand surrounding his lower body.

cutthemdown
02-08-2013, 03:01 PM
I dont see a problem,he is beloved in the area & around the country. regardless of those who choose to judge him only on one event. he has meant a lot and has done alot for the community there, I watched part of a show where a mother said she hopes her children grows up to be like him. he has done alot of good throughout his career. he had his day in court,however much you may disagree with the outcome.

Oj had his day also.

DBroncos4life
02-08-2013, 03:23 PM
I honestly feel like some of you people really believe the police had all this evidence that proved he murdered the dude yet he just offered to pay the family and poof everything went away.

Really the only way someone gets away with murder is piss poor police work.

Rohirrim
02-08-2013, 03:24 PM

That "...only on one event..." was a double homicide, and a particularly heinous and brutal one at that, for which justice has never been found. Hell, Tex Watson has been an exemplary Christian since 1975. Before that, not so much.

Agamemnon
02-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Oj had his day also.

What are you saying? You think he's guilty? But the court found him innocent so he must be innocent right? ;)

Flex Gunmetal
02-08-2013, 04:02 PM
that is part of the process,plea deals are done all the time.

he burned bloody clothes, ratted on his boys, and paid off the families if the victims. Sounds like his god fearing theatrics are working as intended.

rmsanger
02-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Deer Antlers shall festoon the surrounding areas... Will look like Jackson Hole up in that bish.

http://extremethinkover.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/jacksonhole-antler-arch.jpg

Arkie
02-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Its weird giving living people statues

They gave Rocky a statue when he retired in Rocky III. Now Rocky can take out his frustration on his own statue during those dramatic soul searching moments.

gunns
02-08-2013, 04:21 PM
What are you saying? You think he's guilty? But the court found him innocent so he must be innocent right? ;)

They did not find him innocent. His lawyers negotiated a plea agreement to have him testify against the other two and they would dismiss the charges against him and charge him with obstruction of justice for lying. He never really testified. He wish washed. Afterward he agreed on a settlement with the child of one of the victims who was born after her father died and a settlement with the Baker family. Do you do that if you are innocent? Oh no, he's a man of God. Please, his interview with Shannon Sharpe before the SB was disgusting. It's the only time I've had respect for Boomer Esaison

Agamemnon
02-08-2013, 05:06 PM
They did not find him innocent. His lawyers negotiated a plea agreement to have him testify against the other two and they would dismiss the charges against him and charge him with obstruction of justice for lying. He never really testified. He wish washed. Afterward he agreed on a settlement with the child of one of the victims who was born after her father died and a settlement with the Baker family. Do you do that if you are innocent? Oh no, he's a man of God. Please, his interview with Shannon Sharpe before the SB was disgusting. It's the only time I've had respect for Boomer Esaison

I was talking about OJ. And technically I suppose they found him not guilty rather than innocent.

oubronco
02-08-2013, 05:26 PM
piss poor police work.

Happens everyday

TDmvp
02-08-2013, 05:31 PM

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/seBpXt8_6xs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ak1971
02-08-2013, 10:37 PM
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/AK7745/sizzlin_wire3_zps32b2f916.jpg

they can put it in front of this iconic scene..