PDA

View Full Version : Giants DE Osi Umenyiora an unrestricted FA

Taco John
02-08-2013, 01:16 AM
Report: Osi Umenyiora's 2013 contract voided by the Giants

It might have been a technicality but Osi Umenyiora's contract for the 2013 season was voided on Thursday when the two-time Pro Bowl defensive end remained on the Giants' roster several days after the Super Bowl, the Newark Star-Ledger reported.

The provision allowed the Giants to spread Umenyiora's $5 million cap hit from 2012 over two seasons, according to the Star-Ledger.

More:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21664400/report-osi-umenyioras-2013-contract-voided-by-the-giants

Taco John
02-08-2013, 01:17 AM
It sounds like the guy wants to stay in New York. He's talking Jets.

He's not the force he was a few years ago, but as a rotational guy on a solid defense I think he could be very productive for us. I wonder what he's going to cost.

Bacchus
02-08-2013, 01:28 AM
Pass on him even if he wants to come to Denver. Denver needs to build the middle of their defense. DT, MLB and S need attention. On Offense Denver needs Guard, Slot WR and RB.

Once we get those positions upgraded lets go after Osi

ZONA
02-08-2013, 01:32 AM
Pass on him even if he wants to come to Denver. Denver needs to build the middle of their defense. DT, MLB and S need attention. On Offense Denver needs Guard, Slot WR and RB.

Yup - I keep saying the same thing. We're great on the edges. We need better talent in the middle. Those 6 positions you mentioned are the same exact ones I think we need improvement on. I pretty much like everything else.

Taco John
02-08-2013, 01:45 AM
I definitely don't think we should get him in place of a MLB. But we still need bodies on the dline.

fontaine
02-08-2013, 04:10 AM
I'd rather draft the next Osi.

Bigdawg26
02-08-2013, 08:23 AM

Yeah I agree! But is it just me or does it seem like every year we are looking for help at the DT spot?? I would love to sign realistically Randy Sparks (we almost had him last year) or Terrance Knighton (his tieds to JDR) for help at the DT.

vancejohnson82
02-08-2013, 08:30 AM
I definitely don't think we should get him in place of a MLB. But we still need bodies on the dline.

historically, the way we pick up D-Lineman, we will be a player for Osi the NEXT time he hits FA

colorado jones
02-08-2013, 08:50 AM
In b4 Lonestar takes his next dump.

Ray Finkle
02-08-2013, 08:52 AM
He's toast....a huge liablity against the run and can't rush the passer anymore.

bowtown
02-08-2013, 08:58 AM
He's an old problem child at this point. This is a big pass.

hades
02-08-2013, 10:10 AM
We don't wanna turn into the Eagles, draft a bunch of "good names" off the FA list, then screw away a good chance at the division and playoffs. I'll trust Elway on who he brings in.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-08-2013, 11:31 AM
We don't wanna turn into the Eagles, draft a bunch of "good names" off the FA list, then screw away a good chance at the division and playoffs. I'll trust Elway on who he brings in.

^This.

uplink
02-08-2013, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't sign a non-blue chip vet at anything but a bargain price. Signing vets for a lot of money rarely works: signing them at a rock bottom price works out quite often. I don't think Usi can be gotten at a bargain. The Giants are usually smart with their d-line and are letting him leave, that seems to indicate something.

razorwire77
02-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Edge-rushers aren't the problem on this team. We need to address the middle of the defense.

extralife
02-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Not too interested. The Giant I want is Bradshaw.

TheReverend
02-08-2013, 05:08 PM
I'd rather draft the next Osi.

Easier said than done.

DENVERDUI55
02-08-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm not on the bring him in train but let's be honest. One injury to Doom or Miller for heaven's sake and we are in trouble on the edge so I'm not buying we are set on the edge take. Sure Hunter, Ayers or another retread can fill in at times but not for an extended period of time. The one thing about last year nobody is talking about is how well Denver stayed away from the injury bug.