PDA

View Full Version : The Official Sifting Through The Garbage Thread

Bmore Manning
02-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Its that time of the year, when players fall victim to being cap casualties. Some deserving, some not so deserving.

I figured we could all add to this thread as a compilation of released players.. Some may help our team, as the old saying goes, "one man's trash is another's treasure."

Bmore Manning
02-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Michael Boley and Kyle Vanden Bosch start of the list, oh and the I am better than Megatron wide receiver formerly known as Titus Young.

DBroncos4life
02-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Titus Young got claimed by the Rams.

Bmore Manning
02-05-2013, 07:29 PM
La Canfora is saying Bailey may be a cap casuality.. I saw Namdi's name mentioned, I have to say if the dollars made sense, I would gladly welcome Namdi. He was never a scheme fit in Philly, and his struggles may really be a prime example of how one man's trash is another's treasure.

DBroncos4life
02-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Bill Williamson thinks the Raiders may cut Kelly, McClain, DHB, and Palmer.

Broncos dude
02-05-2013, 07:44 PM
La Canfora is saying Bailey may be a cap casuality.. I saw Namdi's name mentioned, I have to say if the dollars made sense, I would gladly welcome Namdi. He was never a scheme fit in Philly, and his struggles may really be a prime example of how one man's trash is another's treasure.

I seen that on cbs.com . Champ is bronco 4 life

Mogulseeker
02-05-2013, 07:48 PM
I see Champ restructuring before becoming a cap casualty considering how close we are.

DBroncos4life
02-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Frostee Rucker DE from the Browns was cut and the Lions cut three year RG starter Stephen Peterman. 11 year starter Center Dominic Raiola maybe cut as well.

gunns
02-05-2013, 07:53 PM
I seen that on cbs.com . Champ is bronco 4 life

Watch out, so was Mike Shanahan

Tombstone RJ
02-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Frostee Rucker DE from the Browns was cut and the Lions cut three year RG starter Stephen Peterman. 11 year starter Center Dominic Raiola maybe cut as well.

any interior oline help would be great.

extralife
02-05-2013, 08:23 PM
if we cut Champ I will rage so hard. there WILL be a meltdown thread, I can assure you.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Titus Young got claimed by the Rams.

This guy is a head case. But dam the talent is there.

DBroncos4life
02-05-2013, 08:57 PM

It would be cool if Dom wanted to chase a ring and sign for about the vet min. I would think the Packers would be in the running for him though.

DENVERDUI55
02-05-2013, 08:59 PM
I hope Denver can add a OL, DL, RB, WR(slot guy with speed) and LB. They all need to be addressed via draft and FA.

RaiderH8r
02-05-2013, 08:59 PM

Barrett Jones. Problem solved. 1 player. 3 spots. Sweet.

Bacchus
02-05-2013, 09:02 PM
I see Champ restructuring before becoming a cap casualty considering how close we are.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAA

DENVERDUI55
02-05-2013, 09:10 PM

I would like him too.

Tombstone RJ
02-05-2013, 09:28 PM

I'd have no problem with that, if he's there...

extralife
02-05-2013, 09:31 PM

and a first round draft pick

DBroncos4life
02-05-2013, 09:44 PM
and a first round draft pick

And not really worth it as deep as this draft is with OL talent. You can land a guy like Brian Schwenke who kicked ass in the senior bowl in the 3rd maybe even the 4th round who can play both C or OG for 10 plus years in the NFL.

Requiem
02-05-2013, 10:03 PM
After his lisfranc injury, Jones isn't going in the first round. There are a lot of people who don't even think he will go Top 50.

DBroncos4life
02-05-2013, 10:12 PM
After his lisfranc injury, Jones isn't going in the first round. There are a lot of people who don't even think he will go Top 50.

I wondered about that as well. It sounds like he will miss the combine and pro days so no workout numbers on him prior to the draft.

BowlenBall
02-06-2013, 12:48 AM
Its that time of the year, when players fall victim to being cap casualties. Some deserving, some not so deserving.

I figured we could all add to this thread as a compilation of released players.. Some may help our team, as the old saying goes, "one man's trash is another's treasure."

"One man's trash, that's another man's come up."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QK8mJJJvaes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lonestar
02-06-2013, 01:00 AM
Dreaming about folks we can't afford.

An OM specialty....

Ahahahahahahaha

Bmore Manning
02-06-2013, 02:28 AM
Steve Hutchinson was signed by Tennessee as an attempt to lure Peyton there, rumor has it he is on his way out and may retire, though I could certainly see him wanting a ring. He could be a signing similar to Koppen of last season.

extralife
02-06-2013, 03:49 AM
Dreaming about folks we can't afford.

An OM specialty....

Ahahahahahahaha

you're right, the Broncos will not sign a single player this offseason. in an unprecedented move, they will open camp with 35 players. how did we not see this coming.

Bacchus
02-06-2013, 04:05 AM
you're right, the Broncos will not sign a single player this offseason. in an unprecedented move, they will open camp with 35 players. how did we not see this coming.

In the Denver Post they said that Denver should have about $15 million of cap after they re-sign Clady.

Of course they don't know as much as lonelystar.

Bmore Manning
02-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Mike Devitto would fit our scheme and would present a serious bargain..

razorwire77
02-06-2013, 11:32 AM

Yeah, I was pretty high on him, but given the G/C depth in this draft, If Denver does go interior line, I don't think acquiring another one with injury problems is a good idea. Now if he falls to the bottom of the 3rd round or something, that would be a different story.

Mediator12
02-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Mike Devitto would fit our scheme and would present a serious bargain..

Did Devito get cut or is he a FA? Dude is a solid NT. He would be an Ideal FA NT signing IMHO. Solid and Cheap!

ZONA
02-06-2013, 11:37 AM

Yeah because it's always that simple. We always like to say this college players will be a stud and the next thing you know they're rotation material in a few years. It's good to have positive outlook but you an't say "problem solved" when it comes to a college player who's never played a down in the NFL. You just never know my friend.

RaiderH8r
02-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Yeah because it's always that simple. We always like to say this college players will be a stud and the next thing you know they're rotation material in a few years. It's good to have positive outlook but you an't say "problem solved" when it comes to a college player who's never played a down in the NFL. You just never know my friend.

Big, strong, quick, versatile, smart, and tenacious. Without a crystal ball that's as good as it gets. But yeah, I fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most well known is never get involved in a land war in Asia but only slightly less well known is this, never proclaim a college player an NFL stud when a first round pick is on the line.

Bmore Manning
02-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Did Devito get cut or is he a FA? Dude is a solid NT. He would be an Ideal FA NT signing IMHO. Solid and Cheap!

He fell out of being relevant after twins, made a solid comeback with its always Sunny in Philadelphia... Oh.. wrong Devito.

Yeah he's a free agent. He graded out as the third best DT in football who's a free agent. Only Bryant and Melton had higher grades.

Med I'm with you, he would be a great FA signing, that's why I mentioned him.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Big, strong, quick, versatile, smart, and tenacious. Without a crystal ball that's as good as it gets. But yeah, I fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most well known is never get involved in a land war in Asia but only slightly less well known is this, never proclaim a college player an NFL stud when a first round pick is on the line.

LOL.

Requiem
02-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I was pretty high on him, but given the G/C depth in this draft, If Denver does go interior line, I don't think acquiring another one with injury problems is a good idea. Now if he falls to the bottom of the 3rd round or something, that would be a different story.

Agreed. Plenty of players on the interior who will be healthy and available to compete after #28. ^5

gunns
02-06-2013, 12:14 PM
And not really worth it as deep as this draft is with OL talent. You can land a guy like Brian Schwenke who kicked ass in the senior bowl in the 3rd maybe even the 4th round who can play both C or OG for 10 plus years in the NFL.

Right now, Jones is projected in the 2nd and Schwenke in the 4th

ludo21
02-06-2013, 12:22 PM
DANELL ELLERBE!!! ;D

I drafted him in the OM Mock a few years back, im hearing he might be a cap casualty

ColoradoDarin
02-06-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm just glad that Bmore is finally admitting his threads are garbage.

:)

Bmore Manning
02-06-2013, 12:36 PM
DANELL ELLERBE!!! ;D

I drafted him in the OM Mock a few years back, im hearing he might be a cap casualty

He's one of the offseason priorities.. They can't loose he and Ray Lewis, that's the starting ILBs..

Bmore Manning
02-06-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm just glad that Bmore is finally admitting his threads are garbage.

:)

LOL!! Ouch!

socalorado
02-06-2013, 12:55 PM

http://www.vintimilla.org/images/inconceivable.jpg

DBroncos4life
02-06-2013, 01:08 PM
There are so many CBs that are rumored to be cut or moved this off season. Sucks for them with this draft being as deep as it is at the CB position.

Bmore Manning
02-06-2013, 01:20 PM
There are so many CBs that are rumored to be cut or moved this off season. Sucks for them with this draft being as deep as it is at the CB position.

Sign me up for Namdi..

Smiling Assassin27
02-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Giants released RB Ahmad Bradshaw.

wow

Rabb
02-06-2013, 01:41 PM
wow

The way Wilson played I can see it. I would welcome him here without question.

Bmore Manning
02-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Demetrius Bell OT Eagles was cut..

Laron Landry SS, Dan Conner MLB, they are rumored to be next.

Smiling Assassin27
02-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Per Schefty

And Giants also released DL Chris Canty as well. Freeing some cap space.

Bmore Manning
02-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Per Schefty

They just let three quality players go..

Tombstone RJ
02-06-2013, 01:55 PM
If there's one team I admire when it comes to how the franchise is run, it's the Giants. In the last few years they have released RBs Jacobs and now Bradshaw and they drafted a speed guy in Wilson. I've heard speculation on what WR they will release, some think it will be Victor Cruz, others say Hakeem Nicks (or maybe Hixon, can't remember).

TonyR
02-06-2013, 01:56 PM

Their cap situation is terrible.

DBroncos4life
02-06-2013, 02:01 PM

They are 9 million over the cap and had to tender Cruz to the max. Just under 3 million dollars. Canty would be a beast in our system.

Tombstone RJ
02-06-2013, 02:05 PM
They are 9 million over the cap and had to tender Cruz to the max. Just under 3 million dollars. Canty would be a beast in our system.

The Broncos will have some FA options but I don't think Elway is going to break the bank for a DT. The Broncos had options last year too and look who they didn't bring in (as opposed to who they did). But who knows?

Bmore Manning
02-06-2013, 02:10 PM
If there's one team I admire when it comes to how the franchise is run, it's the Giants. In the last few years they have released RBs Jacobs and now Bradshaw and they drafted a speed guy in Wilson. I've heard speculation on what WR they will release, some think it will be Victor Cruz, others say Hakeem Nicks (or maybe Hixon, can't remember).

They are making Nicks extension a priority. Cruz isn't going anywhere either. With the emergence of Andre Brown, they have their thunder/lightning duo of Brown and Wilson.

razorwire77
02-06-2013, 02:10 PM

Canty and Bradshaw both would be instant upgrades. Use the draft to get interior line depth, slot WR, MLB, etc.

Rabb
02-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Canty and Bradshaw both would be instant upgrades. Use the draft to get interior line depth, slot WR, MLB, etc.

I would absolutely love this

Bmore Manning
02-06-2013, 02:12 PM

I understand their cap isn't great. But again that's three very solid contributors..

Canty would be a great fit at SDE, move Wolfe inside. Add a NT, that DLine would be stout!

Tombstone RJ
02-06-2013, 02:13 PM
They are making Nicks extension a priority. Cruz isn't going anywhere either. With the emergence of Andre Brown, they have their thunder/lightning duo of Brown and Wilson.

I can't believe that Andre Brown was a Bronco. It still irks me we released him.

Bmore Manning
02-06-2013, 02:16 PM
I can't believe that Andre Bown was a Bronco. It still irks me we released him.

James Harrison was a Raven.. Didn't get passed the practice squad. Can you imagine a LB core of Suggs, Lewis, Ellerbe, Harrison..

DBroncos4life
02-06-2013, 02:24 PM
The Broncos will have some FA options but I don't think Elway is going to break the bank for a DT. The Broncos had options last year too and look who they didn't bring in (as opposed to who they did). But who knows?

I agree they won't spend a bunch on a DT. Canty is the mold of players we are looking for though. DE/DT that moves around. I would rather we spend money on him the Vickerson and then draft a big. We wouldn't have to pay both Bannan and Vickerson IMO with a guy like Canty on the roster.

ludo21
02-06-2013, 02:24 PM
I can't believe that Andre Brown was a Bronco. It still irks me we released him.

we could have drafted ED REEEEEEEEEEEEED

bronco militia
02-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Giants part ways with Ahmad Bradshaw

Posted by Mike Florio on February 6, 2013, 3:35 PM EST

Reuters
Well, apparently there’s a roster spot open in New York for Brandon Jacobs.

The Giants have released veteran running back Ahmad Bradshaw, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

The move comes as Bradshaw’s base salary moves from $3 million to $3.75 million, and as 2012 rookie first-rounder David Wilson has shown he’s capable of holding onto the football — and in turn the starting job.

In recently acknowledging that he has undergone another foot surgery, Bradshaw acknowledged that he could be released in favor of a Wilson/Andre Brown combination.

Bradshaw, a seventh-round draft pick in 2007, was a member of two Super Bowl championship teams. He rushed for 1,050 yards in 14 games last season. His career high came in 2010, when he gained 1,235 yards.

As a vested veteran, he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Not understanding the wanting of these guys. All 3 are liabilities due to injuries. Bradshaws has foot and ankle problems for a while now. Cantys knee is made of jello.

NickStixx
02-06-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm not in favor of getting a banged up RB... As good as he has been, I just don't think I would risk it.

oubronco
02-06-2013, 04:07 PM
I would absolutely love this

Amen Brotha

BroncoMan4ever
02-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Demetrius Bell OT Eagles was cut..

Laron Landry SS, Dan Conner MLB, they are rumored to be next.

I'd be happy with some Dan Conner in Denver

BroncoBeavis
02-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Giants part ways with Ahmad Bradshaw

Posted by Mike Florio on February 6, 2013, 3:35 PM EST

Reuters
Well, apparently there’s a roster spot open in New York for Brandon Jacobs.

The Giants have released veteran running back Ahmad Bradshaw, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

The move comes as Bradshaw’s base salary moves from $3 million to $3.75 million, and as 2012 rookie first-rounder David Wilson has shown he’s capable of holding onto the football — and in turn the starting job.

In recently acknowledging that he has undergone another foot surgery, Bradshaw acknowledged that he could be released in favor of a Wilson/Andre Brown combination.

Bradshaw, a seventh-round draft pick in 2007, was a member of two Super Bowl championship teams. He rushed for 1,050 yards in 14 games last season. His career high came in 2010, when he gained 1,235 yards.

As a vested veteran, he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Bring him in for a look. Along with our current stable of backs, we could break off 2k ligaments in this system.

DBroncos4life
02-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Broncos | D.J. Williams may have to take pay cut
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:48:18 -0800

Denver Broncos LB D.J. Williams may have to take a significant pay cut in order to stay with the team. He is scheduled to make $6 million next season but was only a situational player this season.

0 Comments | Source: The Denver Post - Jeff Legwold | Share:

Broncos | Orlando Franklin could change positions
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:47:52 -0800

The Denver Broncos will be looking into the possibility of moving OT Orlando Franklin to guard this offseason.

Broncos | Two DTs may test free agency
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:38:31 -0800

Denver Broncos impending free-agent DTs Justin Bannan and Kevin Vickerson could test the free-agent market to see what kind of deal they can get from other teams. The Broncos are interested in re-signing both players but likely only to short-term deals.

Broncos | May want to wait on long-term deal with Ryan Clady
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:38:00 -0800

The Denver Broncos may consider waiting on signing impending free-agent OT Ryan Clady (knee) to a long-term contract and placing the franchise tag on him this offseason so they can see how his recovery from knee surgery goes before making a long-term commitment.

0 Comments | Source: The Denver Post - Jeff Legwold | S

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2KAGk4Oa5

ludo21
02-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Definitely makes sense to use the franchise tag on Clady, no reason to give him a contract after 3 straight offseeasons of surgery...

Banaan can leave, I like Vickerson though, that motha is HUGE!!

And finally does the potential of moving Franklin to G mean we are drafting a Tackle in the draft? Why else make that kind of move?

and what happens to Kuper and Beadles who WERE EXCELLENT last year? dang rumor mills

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Franchise tag and clady are pretty much destined. DJ should voluntarily take a cut considering how stupid he is. Not sure how I feel about Franklin moving. Where's that leave Beadles or Kuper, and who takes the OT spot

broncogary
02-06-2013, 04:37 PM
I thought Clary's was only having shoulder surgery.

schaaf
02-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Broncos | D.J. Williams may have to take pay cut
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:48:18 -0800

Denver Broncos LB D.J. Williams may have to take a significant pay cut in order to stay with the team. He is scheduled to make $6 million next season but was only a situational player this season.

Broncos | Orlando Franklin could change positions
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:47:52 -0800

The Denver Broncos will be looking into the possibility of moving OT Orlando Franklin to guard this offseason.

Broncos | Two DTs may test free agency
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:38:31 -0800

Denver Broncos impending free-agent DTs Justin Bannan and Kevin Vickerson could test the free-agent market to see what kind of deal they can get from other teams. The Broncos are interested in re-signing both players but likely only to short-term deals.

Broncos | May want to wait on long-term deal with Ryan Clady
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:38:00 -0800

The Denver Broncos may consider waiting on signing impending free-agent OT Ryan Clady (knee) to a long-term contract and placing the franchise tag on him this offseason so they can see how his recovery from knee surgery goes before making a long-term commitment.

0 Comments | Source: The Denver Post - Jeff Legwold | S

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2KAGk4Oa5

Shoulder surgery retards

extralife
02-06-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm all aboard the Bradshaw train. He's tough, versatile, has experience in an offense that is throw first, and has had playoff success. He's only 26.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-06-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm all aboard the Bradshaw train. He's tough, versatile, has experience in an offense that is throw first, and has had playoff success. He's only 26.

I'd like Bradshaw also, but not at $3mill, $2mill or less +incentives that doesn't total over $3mill sounds about right. That way I feel best about letting McGahee leave.

DBroncos4life
02-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Franchise tag and clady are pretty much destined. DJ should voluntarily take a cut considering how stupid he is. Not sure how I feel about Franklin moving. Where's that leave Beadles or Kuper, and who takes the OT spot
I would imagine moving Franklin would mean two things. Kuper might not be in the long term plans and they are going to draft a guy that could move to LT after this season should they let Clady leave in 2014.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-06-2013, 05:47 PM
I'd like Bradshaw also, but not at $3mill, $2mill or less +incentives that doesn't total over $3mill sounds about right. That way I feel best about letting McGahee leave.

I can't handle anymore injury backs in the stable. IMO Bradshaw will never play a full season again. Would surprise me if he played even half a season this point forward.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-06-2013, 05:49 PM
I would imagine moving Franklin would mean two things. Kuper might not be in the long term plans and they are going to draft a guy that could move to LT after this season should they let Clady leave in 2014.

Man I don't want that. Hope that isn't the case

Bmore Manning
02-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Clady is in the long term plans, provided he can recover from surgery and perform at a high level. My question is.. is it better to give him a deal now or after next season. What I mean is, do we really expect him not to be able to come back at a high level? So would it be more beneficial financially to get the deal done now or next season? If you do it now you can work the deal to protect the team in the event he cannot return at a high level. Plus he will have more leverage if he comes back and plays lights out, and a deal has to be done next offseason..

There are some quality impact free agents to be had out there..

TonyR
02-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Not sure how I feel about Franklin moving. Where's that leave Beadles or Kuper, and who takes the OT spot

Probably just speculation. Doesn't seem to make sense without an obvious replacement.

TonyR
02-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Lombardi is speculating Ed Reed and/or Steven Jackson.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/vic-lombardi-broncos-could-pursue-ed-reed-or-steven-jackson

DBroncos4life
02-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Man I don't want that. Hope that isn't the case

I don't either. Looking at the guys from the Senior Bowl, I'm not to impressed with late round tackle prospects. Long has way to short of arms for my liking. Same goes for Pugh. Both project at OG better. There is so many better OG options we could go with then moving the OL around IMO.

David Quessenberry I guess would lead my short list from guys I saw during that week that could play RT long term for us. I believe he has a 3rd/4th round grade at this point.

Bmore Manning
02-06-2013, 06:28 PM
I don't either. Looking at the guys from the Senior Bowl, I'm not to impressed with late round tackle prospects. Long has way to short of arms for my liking. Same goes for Pugh. Both project at OG better. There is so many better OG options we could go with then moving the OL around IMO.

David Quessenberry I guess would lead my short list from guys I saw during that week that could play RT long term for us. I believe he has a 3rd/4th round grade at this point.

Really like him.

BroncosfanGuy
02-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Clady is in the long term plans, provided he can recover from surgery and perform at a high level. My question is.. is it better to give him a deal now or after next season. What I mean is, do we really expect him not to be able to come back at a high level? So would it be more beneficial financially to get the deal done now or next season? If you do it now you can work the deal to protect the team in the event he cannot return at a high level. Plus he will have more leverage if he comes back and plays lights out, and a deal has to be done next offseason..

There are some quality impact free agents to be had out there..

the bolded is what I've been wondering too. I could be way off, but I thought I read Miller, Thomas, Deck, and Beadles are all coming up on contract extensions next offseason. Adding Clady to that mix rather than taking care of him a year earlier makes me wonder. Like I said, I could be way off.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/vic-lombardi-broncos-could-pursue-ed-reed-or-steven-jackson

YEEES to Jackson--at the right price. He could be the missing piece in this offense. His skills set, even at his age, could be HUGE in this O.

Bmore Manning
02-06-2013, 06:41 PM
49ers aren't expected to resign Larry Grant.. Thats a MLB I have been advocating..

Bmore Manning
02-06-2013, 06:43 PM
the bolded is what I've been wondering too. I could be way off, but I thought I read Miller, Thomas, Deck, and Beadles are all coming up on contract extensions next offseason. Adding Clady to that mix rather than taking care of him a year earlier makes me wonder. Like I said, I could be way off.

YEEES to Jackson--at the right price. He could be the missing piece in this offense. His skills set, even at his age, could be HUGE in this O.

Decker and Beadles are due.. Thomas and Miller are available for extension if I am remembering correctly..?

DBroncos4life
02-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Broncos | Concerns about Chris Kuper
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 18:28:49 -0800

Denver Broncos G Chris Kuper (ankle) is coming off ankle surgery, and the team has some genuine concern over the long term about whether or not Kuper will be able to stay healthy given the severity of his original injury in 2011, and the fact he re-injured the ankle in 2012.

Broncos | Keith Brooking unlikely to return
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 18:22:19 -0800

Impending free-agent LB Keith Brooking (Broncos) is unlikely to be back with the team. He is 37 years old and scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent.

Broncos | Face decision on Willis McGahee
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 18:21:27 -0800

The Denver Broncos face a decision on RB Willis McGahee heading into 2013. He finished the season on Injured Reserve, and was tied for the league lead in fumbles lost at running back when he suffered the injury.

FANTASY TIP: McGahee will turn 32, and he has two years remaining on his contract. The team is looking to add size at the position, so McGahee might not be back. If he does stay in Denver, or latch on with another organization, he proved he still has something left in the tank. However, he is likely to be more of a complementary RB rather than workhorse. As such, he is best viewed as a RB3 or flex option heading into 2013.

Broncos | Philip Blake to compete for job?
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 18:20:40 -0800

Denver Broncos C Philip Blake (thumb) might compete for playing time at center in 2013. He was on the Injured Reserve list in 2013 due to a thumb injury.

0 Comments | Source: The Denver Post - Jeff Legwold | Share

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2KBLWUN1t

that plays into the thought of Franklin moving inside, though I think we could find a OG easier in this draft.

Play2win
02-06-2013, 09:24 PM
At this point Kuper is depth at best.

broncosteven
02-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Any chance we can lure Josh Bynes to play MLB away from the Ravens? He is a FA and should be had cheap. Only thing is they are losing Ray and would probably not let him hit the market.

DENVERDUI55
02-06-2013, 10:19 PM
FANTASY TIP: McGahee will turn 32, and he has two years remaining on his contract. The team is looking to add size at the position, so McGahee might not be back. If he does stay in Denver, or latch on with another organization, he proved he still has something left in the tank. However, he is likely to be more of a complementary RB rather than workhorse. As such, he is best viewed as a RB3 or flex option heading into 2013.

What a quality article discussing fantasy football on a fringe type player before the season even starts.

g6matty
02-06-2013, 10:36 PM
whats restricted free agent mean. my two fav rb this offseason chris ivory and legarrete blount both rfa

DBroncos4life
02-06-2013, 10:39 PM
What a quality article discussing fantasy football on a fringe type player before the season even starts.

KFFL doesn't really post articles on the wire, just little blurbs of info they get from the press.

TonyR
02-07-2013, 08:08 AM
whats restricted free agent mean. my two fav rb this offseason chris ivory and legarrete blount both rfa

In the National Football League, a restricted free agent (RFA) is one with three accrued seasons of service, who has received a "qualifying" offer (a salary level predetermined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the league and its players) from his current club. He can negotiate with any club through a certain date. If the restricted free agent accepts an offer sheet from a new club, his old club has "right of first refusal," a seven-day period in which it may match the offer and retain him, or choose not to match the offer, in which case it may receive one or more draft picks for the upcoming draft from the player's new club. If an offer sheet is not executed, the player's rights revert to his old club the day after negotiations must end. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restricted_free_agent

Rohirrim
02-07-2013, 08:48 AM

****ing yuck to both. I hope the targets are Brandon Moore, Kenny Phillips, Dashon Golden and Chris Ivory.

Bmore Manning
02-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Jets cut LBs Bart Scott and Calvin Pace

Requiem
02-07-2013, 01:38 PM
****ing yuck to both. I hope the targets are Brandon Moore, Kenny Phillips, Dashon Golden and Chris Ivory.

Kenny Phillips needs to medically check out before we even consider signing him. It is the primary reason that NYG probably aren't going to re-sign him. Some people say he's done.

Rohirrim
02-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Kenny Phillips needs to medically check out before we even consider signing him. It is the primary reason that NYG probably aren't going to re-sign him. Some people say he's done.

I would assume that (medical) for anybody the Broncos look at. And the money would have to be right as well. I guess they're in the same boat with Quinton Carter? Microfracture surgery is no gimme. If he can't go, the Broncos will have to go shopping. I think if they could get Goldson, they could move him to SS, but he's probably too pricey. He's certainly got the size for it. If they could get him, he could also just stay at FS and they could find somewhere else for Rahim Moore. Taped to the goalpost, for instance. They've got to do something. The middle of that D is toast, starting at DT and moving backwards, and everybody in the league knows it.

broncosteven
02-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Jets cut LBs Bart Scott and Calvin Pace

Both those guys are old. I don't think Scott would take the kind of deal Brookings took last year, both probably want to get paid.

No one replied to my comment about going after the ILB from the Ravens, Bynes, I would rather see them go younger. I doubt the Ravens let him walk especially after Ray retiring but that is the kind of guy I would be looking for. Young experienced, cheaper...

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Both those guys are old. I don't think Scott would take the kind of deal Brookings took last year, both probably want to get paid.

No one replied to my comment about going after the ILB from the Ravens, Bynes, I would rather see them go younger. I doubt the Ravens let him walk especially after Ray retiring but that is the kind of guy I would be looking for. Young experienced, cheaper...

I don't know much about the guy but I agree with you I want younger rather than mid 30s has beens on the tail end of their careers.

broncosteven
02-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Giants just cut Bradshaw.

He is a dude who is still young who would upgrade our unit. He does well in the pass game also. Depends on how his knee and ankles are but he would be worth a look. I would almost prefer him over Jackson.

bronco militia
02-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Giants just cut Bradshaw.

He is a dude who is still young who would upgrade our unit. He does well in the pass game also. Depends on how his knee and ankles are but he would be worth a look. I would almost prefer him over Jackson.

FYI, we landed on the moon

;D :charge:

broncosteven
02-07-2013, 03:02 PM
FYI, we landed on the moon

;D :charge:

And Chris Canty!

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Niners are in desperate need of a shutdown corner. I think they let one of their pro bowl safeties take it in the chin.

Rohirrim
02-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Is Foneco available?

Tombstone RJ
02-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Niners are in desperate need of a shutdown corner. I think they let one of their pro bowl safeties take it in the chin.

Broncos should offer Harris up in a trade, just to see what the Niners would be willing to give up to get him. Who knows, maybe the Niners get all crazy and offer up a first round pick and a defensive starter?

The Broncos then use the pick to draft another CB, plus they have Bolden too.

just saying...

broncosteven
02-07-2013, 06:50 PM
Broncos should offer Harris up in a trade, just to see what the Niners would be willing to give up to get him. Who knows, maybe the Niners get all crazy and offer up a first round pick and a defensive starter?

The Broncos then use the pick to draft another CB, plus they have Bolden too.

just saying...

...and a 7th!

LOL

Bmore Manning
02-09-2013, 02:53 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/09/free-agent-tackles-could-have-a-hard-time-getting-paid/

Thought this was interesting..

Mediator12
02-09-2013, 03:32 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/09/free-agent-tackles-could-have-a-hard-time-getting-paid/

Thought this was interesting..

It's simply true though. This is a deep OT Class in the draft AND FA. Not a good year to cash in for the LT's who want to get paid.

However, I strongly believe a healthy Clady is a top 5 LT regardless though and I pay him to stay. He is ONLY 26 for goodness sake and his BEST Football is ahead of him if he can stay healthy. He is tough too, Never missing a start in 5 years.

Pay the man but do not break the bank or use the Franchise tag on him.

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2013, 03:47 PM
...and a 7th!

LOL

lol, yes I know but it's always fun to speculate on just how desperate a team is. The Niners are loaded with talent, especially on defense. Didn't they have like 8 guys voted to the probowl? They may feel they are 1 guy away from a championship.

Harris is a rising star and worth is weight in gold. Still, you have to at least listen if the Niners come knocking at the door and said "how about a trade?"

Bmore Manning
02-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Cason, Garay, McClain, Phillips rumored to be on their way out of San Diego.

Bmore Manning
02-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Jon Beason a potential cap casualty in Carolina..

BroncoMan4ever
02-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Cason, Garay, McClain, Phillips rumored to be on their way out of San Diego.

I wish Weddel would be a cap casualty. That is a Safety I would love to have.

BroncoMan4ever
02-09-2013, 10:10 PM
lol, yes I know but it's always fun to speculate on just how desperate a team is. The Niners are loaded with talent, especially on defense. Didn't they have like 8 guys voted to the probowl? They may feel they are 1 guy away from a championship.

Harris is a rising star and worth is weight in gold. Still, you have to at least listen if the Niners come knocking at the door and said "how about a trade?"

If we are seriously considering trading away any of our corners I think I'd rather see what we can get for Champ. I love Champ but the facts are, he is 36, he is nearing the end of his career. Harris is young talented and still has not hit his peak. I'd trade Champ and draft Tyrann Mathieu in the middle rounds

Bmore Manning
02-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Minnesota is looking to trade Harvin!! This is the move we need to make!

broncosteven
02-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Minnesota is looking to trade Harvin!! This is the move we need to make!

I dunno last year I would have said yes but we have a return specialist.

His cap hit this year is 4mil and his contract is up at the end of 2013. He would have to come in with a new contract.

I am guessing Minn is fearing a hold out and want to get something from him rather than letting him walk.

Bmore Manning
02-10-2013, 07:28 PM
I dunno last year I would have said yes but we have a return specialist.

His cap hit this year is 4mil and his contract is up at the end of 2013. He would have to come in with a new contract.

I am guessing Minn is fearing a hold out and want to get something from him rather than letting him walk.

It depends what the price tag is, I would think we would only do such a deal if he signed a contract extension. It's very tempting, he could open up so much in the passing game..

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-10-2013, 07:30 PM
I walked a few holes with Jim Harbaugh today in Pebble Beach. I yelled to him to give up one of those safeties. Then I gave him the holding sign.

Bacchus
02-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Harvin would be excellent but again he has been an asshole because of his contract, he wants a new one. What would Minn expect to get for him is the other question.

Bmore Manning
02-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Starks, Foster, Colon.. All could be out in Pittsburgh. They are looking to run more of a ZBS, these players don't really fit that..

Roy Miller DT Tampa Bay may not be retained.

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2013, 11:08 AM
If we are seriously considering trading away any of our corners I think I'd rather see what we can get for Champ. I love Champ but the facts are, he is 36, he is nearing the end of his career. Harris is young talented and still has not hit his peak. I'd trade Champ and draft Tyrann Mathieu in the middle rounds

At this point, Champ simply isn't worth much in a trade. Yes, he's a HoF CB but he's at the end of his career. He's also got a huge contract. If SF was willing to trade for Champ they would not give much up to get him IMHO.

Smiling Assassin27
02-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Schefty:

Bills announced that they released LB Nick Barnett and SS George Wilson.

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Schefty:

I wonder if Nick Barnett has anything left in the tank...

BroncoMan4ever
02-11-2013, 01:01 PM
At this point, Champ simply isn't worth much in a trade. Yes, he's a HoF CB but he's at the end of his career. He's also got a huge contract. If SF was willing to trade for Champ they would not give much up to get him IMHO.

To a team one player away like Sab Francisco or even a team like New England he could be a gem. For a team that is building he isn't much use.

I just think if we are going to consider moving one of our corners it would be stupid to trade away a 2nd year player who is getting better as the season progresses is playing good ball and has yet to reach his peak.

Personally I don't want to see either go, when we are a legit contender if we fill some holes(MLB, DT, OL, RB and speed at WR) Makes no sense to create another need

Rascal
02-11-2013, 01:02 PM
that's at least two safeties that have been released that wouldn't mind bringing in

BroncoMan4ever
02-11-2013, 01:02 PM
I wonder if Nick Barnett has anything left in the tank...

If the Bills are letting him go than I doubt he can do much

Rohirrim
02-11-2013, 02:13 PM
I walked a few holes with Jim Harbaugh today in Pebble Beach. I yelled to him to give up one of those safeties. Then I gave him the holding sign.

Did you have a cigar?

http://tv.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/cigar-guy-tiger-woods-photo.jpg

BroncoBuff
02-11-2013, 02:27 PM

Trading that far up in the 1st round would be near impossible, but he would be great to have.

BroncoBuff
02-11-2013, 02:37 PM

I think he actuially plays all 5 spots, but again trading that far up in the 1st round would be near impossible.

Problem is, Beadles making the Pro-Bowl means he's better that we thought, or at least I thought. That means C is the only OL spot that'll be open in the foreseeable future (knock on wood Kupe). C wouldn't even be open had McD heard me screaming "MAX UNGER! PICK MAX UNGER!" right about the time he chose Darcel McBath.

RaiderH8r
02-12-2013, 09:17 PM
I think he actuially plays all 5 spots, but again trading that far up in the 1st round would be near impossible.

Problem is, Beadles making the Pro-Bowl means he's better that we thought, or at least I thought. That means C is the only OL spot that'll be open in the foreseeable future (knock on wood Kupe). C wouldn't even be open had McD heard me screaming "MAX UNGER! PICK MAX UNGER!" right about the time he chose Darcel McBath.

He does. Just having some insurance for Kupe but also having him compete for center would be alright with me.

BroncoMan4ever
02-12-2013, 10:26 PM
He does. Just having some insurance for Kupe but also having him compete for center would be alright with me.

I don't want a 1st rounder spent on a guy to be insurance for one position and then compete at another. A first rounder needs to be a day 1 starter.

Requiem
02-12-2013, 10:29 PM

Except he is not going anywhere near the middle of the first round. Try about mid-second at best.

ludo21
02-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Brian Hartline?? Will Miami let him go?

Heyneck
02-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Except he is not going anywhere near the middle of the first round. Try about mid-second at best.

Bet you Jones doesn't make it out of the 1st round. I say... between the 24 ans 32 pick.

broncosteven
02-13-2013, 11:30 AM
I don't want a 1st rounder spent on a guy to be insurance for one position and then compete at another. A first rounder needs to be a day 1 starter.

I don't think he will fall that far anyway especially with Chicago ahead of us desperate for OL.

I just hope we get the best MLB in the draft.

DBroncos4life
02-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Bet you Jones doesn't make it out of the 1st round. I say... between the 24 ans 32 pick.

With his injury?

Requiem
02-13-2013, 01:18 PM

I'll take that bet. What are we betting?

Bmore Manning
02-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Roman Harper may be cut.. Carolina does not expect to keep both Stewart and Deangello.

socalorado
02-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Roman Harper may be cut.. Carolina does not expect to keep both Stewart and Deangello.

Roman Harper and Jonathan Stewart hell yes.

Harper has range, and can drop the hammer.
Stewart would be perfect in Mannings offense.
Run between/outside the tackles, catch and block.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Yes please

razorwire77
02-13-2013, 02:58 PM

Without a serious injury, I'd agree. With a serious injury, he might fall all the way to the bottom of the 2nd round. Remember, this is a deep draft for interior line.

Bmore Manning
02-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Rumor has it and the Denver Post is reporting that we will be making a push to land free agent DT Terrance Knighton..

ColoradoDarin
02-18-2013, 12:45 PM
Rumor has it and the Denver Post is reporting that we will be making a push to land free agent DT Terrance Knighton..

I would absolutely love that.

Bacchus
02-18-2013, 12:53 PM

He had a serious eye injury last summer. He would need a complete physical that is for sure and he did lose his staring job to CJ Mosely.

TonyR
02-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Would love to see Charles Woodson for 1 year. If the Broncos don't do it the Patriots might, and the Broncos could really utilize him against the Pats.

Requiem
02-18-2013, 01:26 PM
If we got Randy Starks and Terrance Knighton, I'd be STOKED.

Bmore Manning
02-18-2013, 04:57 PM
If we got Randy Starks and Terrance Knighton, I'd be STOKED.

Or Desmond Bryant and Knighton.. Either combo would be nice.

Rascal
02-18-2013, 05:11 PM

He fits the mold we've been going for at DT albiet younger. If the price is right, I would bring him on board. Him/Vickerson/wolfe/unrein would allow us to address other positions in the draft.

Rascal
02-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Or Desmond Bryant and Knighton.. Either combo would be nice.

I don't think I'd want Bryant. Makes way to many dumb plays.

Bmore Manning
02-18-2013, 05:23 PM
He fits the mold we've been going for at DT albiet younger. If the price is right, I would bring him on board. Him/Vickerson/wolfe/unrein would allow us to address other positions in the draft.

Agreed.. It be interesting if Knighton was brought in, would Wolfe stay at DE or move inside? I really like Wolfe's current role as SDE and DT on passing downs.

Bmore Manning
02-18-2013, 05:25 PM
I don't think I'd want Bryant. Makes way to many dumb plays.

I'm not sure we could afford Knighton and Starks.. Bryant is similar to Starks.. And he (Bryant) graded out as the best DT available in free agency according to PFF, better than Melton..

CEH
02-19-2013, 07:07 AM
Wonder if Sean Smith is a option if he's still there after the first wave of FAs are signed. He a quality CB but not worth the first wave money. If he gets it fine. If not I think he may come into play for Denver

TheReverend
02-19-2013, 08:07 AM
I would absolutely love that.

Same. Potroast is a ****ing stud.

Bmore Manning
02-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Same. Potroast is a ****ing stud.

LOL! Porkchop..I mean Potroast. I thought I saw somewhere that Mel Tucker told him to get in shape, but he prefers playing around 330.. Just how Del Rio likes them..

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Pot roast. Muttin chop or pork chop whatever he's called he wouldn't last a full game in the thin air. Would be at the O tanks more than the field.

DENVERDUI55
02-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Knighton is the big fat slob space eater NT that Denver could use. Denver should look at bust o Glen Dorsey too he could be had cheap.

Bacchus
02-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Knighton is the big fat slob space eater NT that Denver could use. Denver should look at bust o Glen Dorsey too he could be had cheap.

Walter football has Knighten ranked 14th among available FA DTs. Saying that even despite his size he had trouble stopping the run.

Terrance Knighton, NT, Jaguars. Age: 27.
It's rare to see a 330-pound nose tackle struggle in run support, but that's why Terrance Knighton was benched in favor of C.J. Mosley back in October. He still played an ample amount though.

DBroncos4life
02-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Walter football has Knighten ranked 14th among available FA DTs. Saying that even despite his size he had trouble stopping the run.

It's rare to see a 330-pound nose tackle struggle in run support, but that's why Terrance Knighton was benched in favor of C.J. Mosley back in October. He still played an ample amount though.

In 2011 Jacksonville ranked 9th in rushing yards per game allowed. Just one year later they ranked 30th. Blame the coaches not the players.

Bacchus
02-19-2013, 01:42 PM
In 2011 Jacksonville ranked 9th in rushing yards per game allowed. Just one year later they ranked 30th. Blame the coaches not the players.

There could be lots of factors in that.

DBroncos4life
02-19-2013, 01:48 PM
There could be lots of factors in that.

Just like there could be in Knighton having a bad year.

Bacchus
02-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Just like there could be in Knighton having a bad year.

Well, I'll take Waltersports over you, just saying.

He did lose his starting spot to CJ Mosely for a reason.

DBroncos4life
02-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Well, I'll take Waltersports over you, just saying.

He did lose his starting spot to CJ Mosely for a reason.

Yeah I'll take JDRs body of work over waltersports every Sunday.

Bmore Manning
02-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Chiefs cut Kevin Boss and Steve Breaston.. Breaston is an interesting name.

Bacchus
02-19-2013, 05:04 PM
Yeah I'll take JDRs body of work over waltersports every Sunday.

Ok, I guess we'll see if JDR goes after him and if he can stop the run. Then we'll ALL know!!!!:giggle:

Bmore Manning
02-24-2013, 08:45 AM
Denver and Atlanta are courting Shonn Green.. I don't like this..
Hope Atlanta wants him more..

broncosteven
02-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Chiefs cut Kevin Boss and Steve Breaston.. Breaston is an interesting name.

Breaston was inactive for as many games as KM was. He couldn't make the active roster on a 2 win team.

Sure Romeo and his terrible staff could have been bad talent evaluators, they thought they could win games with Quinn after all but it was Reid and his staff that cut him.

I think he is done, STAY AWAY!

broncswin
02-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Looks like Breaston will be a steeler soon...not that we needed that
Anyhow.

TheReverend
02-24-2013, 04:01 PM

They're fools. Knighton is once of the best in the league at what he does.

Easily.

One of the most underrated players in the league.

TheReverend
02-24-2013, 04:02 PM

Playing from behind in bigger deficits and more often.

jerseyboiler120
02-24-2013, 05:06 PM
They're fools. Knighton is once of the best in the league at what he does.

Easily.

One of the most underrated players in the league.

Could have a chip on his shoulder with something to prove and the fire in his belly to do it.

Or, could be a lazy a** and that's why he was benched. ???

TheReverend
02-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Could have a chip on his shoulder with something to prove and the fire in his belly to do it.

Or, could be a lazy a** and that's why he was benched. ???

I like Mosley, but I think that was more of a **** coaching decision, personally.

Mosley got a bunch of time in camp while Knighton was out with his eye injury and I think that douche Mularkey got attached.

Bmore Manning
02-24-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm glad he was benched last year, that will make him more affordable. Mel Tucker wanted Knighton to lose weight and he did have that eye surgery.

If you look deeper there are a variety of circumstances leading to his benching. All of which will favor us with an affordable contract for this talented kid.

DBroncos4life
02-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Jenkins is going to be released by the Eagles.

Bmore Manning
02-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Jenkins is going to be released by the Eagles.

Would he be better served in the Wolfe role or as a DT..?

rugbythug
02-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Cullen Jenkins for the win

TonyR
02-25-2013, 02:26 PM
More on Jenkins here. They don't see him as a good fit for the Broncos.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/eagles-cut-jenkins-who-had-been-2011-target-of-broncos