PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical GM trade offer

eddie mac
02-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Doing a GM Mock and have been offered Brian Orakpo for our 1st rd pick in 2013.

He's only on $3.5m or so but what I want to know is, would starting him at LE opposite Dumervil affect the output of Von Miller and would our rungame suffer with 2 starting passrush first DE's???

This would off course mean Wolfe moving inside to play alongside a returning Vickerson or another FA.

Thanks for the help in advance.

DBroncos4life
02-03-2013, 02:46 PM
I would say no we could get as good as pass rusher with that first pick and they would cost less.

Agamemnon
02-03-2013, 02:50 PM
I don't think Orakpo is worth a 1st rounder, especially not for a team which can already generate great pressure from the edge. He's never matched his rookie year production and he's coming off a season-ending injury. Plus he isn't really going to fill a serious need for the Broncos. If you want to trade your 1st rounder away there are much better players at positions of greater need you should be targeting.

Now if you can talk the guy down to say a 2nd and a 4th, that might be different, though even then the lack of serious need for the guy gives me pause.

errand
02-03-2013, 02:57 PM
I think that elway and co. have proven that they do their homework on the guys they draft, especially in the first couple rounds.

CEH
02-03-2013, 03:04 PM
JMO,

You can trade fake players all year long in Madden or fantasy football
Why even do a fake draft if you trade for fake players.
Draft the player at the slot. At least that way you have something tangible to compare to the real draft and actually have an opportunity to compare who you drafted to whom the team actually drafted

eddie mac
02-03-2013, 03:22 PM
It's a GM offseason mate, real cap, real free agency, draft, trades etc etc, not like the OMane one, where it's a just a draft, this offseason is about us going all the way in 2013 and not waiting for rookies, utilising the Manning window now as such.

Also just been offered Paul Soliai for Rahim Moore straight up. Thoughts on that deal???

Agamemnon
02-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Also just been offered Paul Soliai for Rahim Moore straight up. Thoughts on that deal???

I would take that. Soliai is a great fit for Del Rio's style of defense.

Edit: Just realized he's almost 30. Hmm, makes that a bit less clear-cut. Still, if you are going for the "win now" route he's almost certainly going to be more helpful than Rahim Moore.

Mediator12
02-03-2013, 03:31 PM
That is a big no. I'll explain post Super Bowl!

CEH
02-03-2013, 03:45 PM
It's a GM offseason mate, real cap, real free agency, draft, trades etc etc, not like the OMane one, where it's a just a draft, this offseason is about us going all the way in 2013 and not waiting for rookies, utilising the Manning window now as such.

OK did not realize. Have at it. If MJD comes up for trade I'm all for it

Unless you trade for an All Pro DT,G,MLBer or RB I don't see much value at all in trading our first round pick or any of our young players

Denver is good enough right now to get to the Super Bowl. Might as well load on fast young athletic players

KipCorrington25
02-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Pass

BroncoMan4ever
02-03-2013, 06:01 PM

I would do that in a heartbeat

jerseyboiler120
02-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Get a good DT. We had no pass rush in 2nd half against the murderers. All they had to do was double up on our edge guys and flaccido had 10 minutes to heave up Hail Marys.

Ziggy
02-03-2013, 08:22 PM

I wouldn't even consider that one. Soliai is a 2 down player at the end of his career, and on a 1 year contract. Moore was greatly improved this season right up until the Ravens game, and he'll be coming into his prime in the next 2 years or so.

eddie mac
02-04-2013, 02:17 AM
Yeah didn't do either deal in the end but did trade our late 4th rounder for David Hawthorne who will play Mike for us in 2013.

spdirty
02-04-2013, 06:51 AM
Lets just trade Moreno for Orakpo straight up.

Ziggy
02-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Yeah didn't do either deal in the end but did trade our late 4th rounder for David Hawthorne who will play Mike for us in 2013.

Nice trade.

eddie mac
02-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Lets just trade Moreno for Orakpo straight up.

Nah they wouldn't take that offerLOL

spdirty
02-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Nah they wouldn't take that offerLOL

I know, just still pisses me off how bad Mcd screwed that draft pick up.

Requiem
02-04-2013, 10:33 AM
I know, just still pisses me off how bad Mcd screwed that draft pick up.

Moreno is never going to be "worth" #12, but he isn't a piece of **** no matter how hard you try to make him out to be one on the forums.

Tebow, Quinn, McBath, Smith were screw ups.

broncosteven
02-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Moreno is never going to be "worth" #12, but he isn't a piece of **** no matter how hard you try to make him out to be one on the forums.

Tebow, Quinn, McBath, Smith were screw ups.

Req, I understand the logic and reasoning behind the "I'm just glad he is on the team" theory but no where else in the world would it be acceptable for a company to use a lot of resources (#1 pick in football) to get an employee then over pay him (I know it was a rookie slotted payscale) then watch him under perform for YEARS and then when he does good after essentially getting suspended with pay to say well we are glad he is on the team.

He is fine when he is on the field producing but he is never there when we need him, he can't seem to finish a full year and he had off field issues in the past.

It will be interesting if they keep him around for TC this year. I really think the top 3 positions of need are MLB, RB, and DT. If they could find someone who would take KM I hope they move him. If he sticks around I will hope he does well and contributes when we need him to but I won't have my hopes up to high for that.