PDA

View Full Version : Official World Cup, Champions League, Premiere League, La Liga, Ligue 1, Serie A, MLS Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

maven
01-31-2013, 08:21 AM
Well, it's the offseason. Why not start a thread about it. Come post, talk, and flame away.

:yayaya:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf3ujpMJD71qdifheo1_500.gif

World Cup:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/index.html

Champions League:

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/index.html

Barclays Premiere league standings:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables/_/league/eng.1/barclays-premier-league?cc=5901

German Bundesliga standings:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables/_/league/ger.1/german-bundesliga?cc=5901

La Liga standings:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables/_/league/esp.1/spanish-la-liga?cc=5901

Ligue 1 standings:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables/_/league/fra.1/french-ligue-1?cc=5901

Serie A standings:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables/_/league/ita.1/italian-serie-a?cc=5901

maven
01-31-2013, 08:22 AM
Beckham to PSG? Expected to sign a deal soon.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1320998/david-beckham-to-sign-deal-with-paris-st.-germain,-reports-say?cc=5901

maven
01-31-2013, 08:25 AM

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1320998/david-beckham-to-sign-deal-with-paris-st.-germain,-reports-say?cc=5901

:sunshine:

maven
01-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Nice contribution! And I will expect more!

Anyway, I like the signing of Beckham. He's still fit to play and could help PSG grab a title. At worst, sell some gear and make $$$. Excited to see him back! woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DBruleU
01-31-2013, 12:36 PM
I like Balotelli moving to Milan. I can't stand the lad, but Milan had to do something with their haul they received for Ibra and Thiago Silva last summer.

Balotelli gives them that huge Striker they missed with Ibra.

maven
01-31-2013, 02:07 PM
I like Balotelli moving to Milan. I can't stand the lad, but Milan had to do something with their haul they received for Ibra and Thiago Silva last summer.

Balotelli gives them that huge Striker they missed with Ibra.

I like him. Adds flavor.

Good to see Milan spend some of the $$$ they received from the guys you mentioned. They are currently in 5th place so a move like this is good. Lots of games left.

maven
01-31-2013, 02:10 PM
What do you guys all think about players like Drogba(former shanghai) and Sneijder playing in turkey, Hulk in russia, anelka in china(back to Juventus) etc? Seems to be more opportunities out there. Pretty cool.

LetsGoBroncos
01-31-2013, 02:19 PM
So ready for the World Cup. I'm scared to death that the U.S. may not qualify, we look like garbage right now. I'm assuming we will lose @ Honduras and @ Mexico which are 2 out of our first 3 games. If that happens we will be in a position where we have to string some wins together right off the bat. I'll die if I wait 4 years and we don't even make it.

Mogulseeker
01-31-2013, 02:27 PM

Beckham in the Eredivise?

Ajax or GTFO.

Mogulseeker
01-31-2013, 02:29 PM
Whoops.... I was thinking PSV Eindhoven

Requiem
01-31-2013, 02:29 PM
http://thenextasset.com/floorplan/jquery-mousewheel/images/netherlands-knvb-cup-i8.jpg

Mogulseeker
01-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Hell yeah, Nederland

Atwater His Ass
01-31-2013, 03:28 PM
I like Drogba signing with Galatasaray. He basically won the champion's league for Chelsea last season and will be a very impactful player for them. When he's in form, there's not a player in the world that can defend him with his combination of strength and skill.

McDman
01-31-2013, 03:36 PM
I took work off Wednesday for the WCQ game!

How long before people come in calling soccer gay?

SonOfLe-loLang
01-31-2013, 03:48 PM
So ready for the World Cup. I'm scared to death that the U.S. may not qualify, we look like garbage right now. I'm assuming we will lose @ Honduras and @ Mexico which are 2 out of our first 3 games. If that happens we will be in a position where we have to string some wins together right off the bat. I'll die if I wait 4 years and we don't even make it.

Yeah, i kind of have a feeling we might not either. We have a lot of interesting pieces and talent, but they just don't seem to go together. And there's some really intriguing young talent that probably hasnt developed enough yet.

DBruleU
01-31-2013, 04:18 PM
I've all but lost interest in the USMNT. It's disappointing to me that they have not come further along then they have in the past decade. I like Klinnsman, but I'm not sure he will get it done.

I'll wait to see how they look the more we get in WCQ matches. I am pleased to see how well Altidore is doing in Holland.

McDman
01-31-2013, 04:44 PM
Yeah, i kind of have a feeling we might not either. We have a lot of interesting pieces and talent, but they just don't seem to go together. And there's some really intriguing young talent that probably hasnt developed enough yet.

I still can't decide if I like Klinsy yet but I can't see us missing the WC. Even if we can't 4th we have two play in game.

maven
01-31-2013, 07:41 PM

I think they take the 1st game/draw. There is absolutely no excuses. They should qualify. If not, fire 'em all!

USA
Costa Rica
Honduras
Jamaica
Mexico
Panama

Top 3 qualify. 4th place will likely play New Zealand to qualify for the World Cup.

Game time for those out there if you don't know.

February 6
4PM Eastern

Atwater His Ass
01-31-2013, 07:48 PM
I've all but lost interest in the USMNT. It's disappointing to me that they have not come further along then they have in the past decade. I like Klinnsman, but I'm not sure he will get it done.

I'll wait to see how they look the more we get in WCQ matches. I am pleased to see how well Altidore is doing in Holland.

I'm in the same boat. However I will acknowledge that the talent pool for the US is pretty slim and there is practicaly no depth.

I guess that's what happens when the best athletes in the country focus on other sports, soccer gets the left overs.

maven
01-31-2013, 08:05 PM
I like Drogba signing with Galatasaray. He basically won the champion's league for Chelsea last season and will be a very impactful player for them. When he's in form, there's not a player in the world that can defend him with his combination of strength and skill.

He carried that team. It's an interesting signing along with Sneijder. Two chances in the champions league this year and next. currently Galatasaray leads 5 pts.

maven
01-31-2013, 08:10 PM
Ajax or GTFO.

Super Jews!

Atwater His Ass
01-31-2013, 11:52 PM
Shanghai claims they will file a grievance with FIFA now to block the Drogba signing, citing that he is still under contract with them.

Apparantly Drogba wasn't getting paid, or only partially paid, then claimed Shanghai was in breach of contract, clearing the way for the galatasaray move.

lolChina

elsid13
02-01-2013, 06:26 AM
Nice contribution! And I will expect more!

Anyway, I like the signing of Beckham. He's still fit to play and could help PSG grab a title. At worst, sell some gear and make $$$. Excited to see him back! woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget Beckham, the signing of Lucas is more important. PSG is really spending the money to become a elite club.

McDman
02-01-2013, 06:27 AM
This thread seriously needs to get to the second page. Don't post massive pictures.

elsid13
02-01-2013, 06:27 AM
Brek Shea moving to Stoke is also interesting. Shea needs that EPL experience and should help us on the national team.

Requiem
02-01-2013, 09:08 AM
This thread seriously needs to get to the second page. Don't post massive pictures.

I will do it every page from now on -- probably even five times per page.

maven
02-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Forget Beckham, the signing of Lucas is more important. PSG is really spending the money to become a elite club.

well duh...

But, I think this an excellent signing. It will help raise PSG awareness as a club, sell jerseys, etc. He still can and will play. PSG is spending like gangbusters.

Allez les bleus!

:flower:

maven
02-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Brek Shea moving to Stoke is also interesting. Shea needs that EPL experience and should help us on the national team.

He will get a chance to play and prove himself. It's a good move. He's still very young.

maven
02-01-2013, 09:20 AM
I will do it every page from now on -- probably even five times per page.

We don't need to see a bunch of chokers on every page.

:~ohyah!:

s0phr0syne
02-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Just watched the US Canada game on Espn3...not too much to take away from it that I could find.

I don't watch any MLS, so it was interesting to hear the hype about Gonzalez. Looks like there will be some good blocks at CB with Cameron, Gonzalez, and Goodson. What's with the US looking for a new left back (per commentary crew)? I thought fabian johnson had looked really good there

Looking forward to seeing the WCQ start off next week.

McDman
02-01-2013, 10:09 AM
The US v. Canada game was the single most boring game I have ever watched. I just don't get why Jurgen puts certain people in positions they clearly don't belong. He insisted on playing Danny Williams at RM for so long and it made no sense.

Also, why put Gatt on the left side?

I really hope Shea can develop into a solid LM. We have some hope if Gatt can gain some field vision and play on the right. We'd have to fast, strong wingers. Both have a long way to go though.

McDman
02-01-2013, 10:10 AM
The US v. Canada game was the single most boring game I have ever watched. I just don't get why Jurgen puts certain people in positions they clearly don't belong. He insisted on playing Danny Williams at RM for so long and it made no sense.

I really hope Shea can develop into a solid LM. We have some hope if Gatt can gain some field vision and play on the right. We'd have to fast, strong wingers. Both have a long way to go though.

McDman
02-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Also, here is to hoping Holden can heal up quickly.

DBruleU
02-01-2013, 11:33 AM

Yeah, that game sucked big time. Really no one of note playing in that game either.

I swear, the USSF has done a piss poor job developing players. We need to do what France does and just accept every high level talent from South America into the US and train them here. While we are at it, go to Africa and get the talent there before they go to France and Italy.

I'm starting to think the MLS should seriously look into changing their on season to match Europe. I know we have brutal winters, and it would be tough, but Europe has played in some pretty cold winters recently.

Atwater His Ass
02-01-2013, 05:54 PM
The problem is the US doesn't have the infastructure to train and develop players like most all other countries in the world do. The investment required just isn't there currently. This was one of the main things Klinnsman wanted to change when he came on board. The MLS is modeled after American sports, with the draft, playoffs, etc., to keep interest in the American sporting public who just by and large doesn't understand promotion and relegation and I'm not sure MLS is a deep enough league to be ran in that fashion anyway.

MLS teams need to establish their own acadamies to develop young talent. Letting kids go through the current system and relying on colleges to develop them further will never achieve the results that people want. I know some MLS teams are doing this, but it needs to be a point of focus for the league to develop players for the national team, not colleges and youth club traveling teams.

About Shea...well I've never really been impressed by him. But I love seeing Americans pack up and head over to Europe. Anytime a young player can get some time in Europe is a great thing and to me is by far the best thing they can do to advance their game mentally and technically. Getting the experience of playing in the EPL and training with an EPL team will grow him quite a bit.

elsid13
02-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Chelsea with all the talent they have and money should be so much better then they are. The Blues are playing like a mid level La Liga team.

McDman
02-02-2013, 11:41 AM
My Magpies pulled off a huge one today. Sissoko looks like he is going to fill in very nicely for losing Ba.

Mediator12
02-03-2013, 09:49 AM
The problem is the US doesn't have the infastructure to train and develop players like most all other countries in the world do. The investment required just isn't there currently. This was one of the main things Klinnsman wanted to change when he came on board. The MLS is modeled after American sports, with the draft, playoffs, etc., to keep interest in the American sporting public who just by and large doesn't understand promotion and relegation and I'm not sure MLS is a deep enough league to be ran in that fashion anyway.

MLS teams need to establish their own acadamies to develop young talent. Letting kids go through the current system and relying on colleges to develop them further will never achieve the results that people want. I know some MLS teams are doing this, but it needs to be a point of focus for the league to develop players for the national team, not colleges and youth club traveling teams.

About Shea...well I've never really been impressed by him. But I love seeing Americans pack up and head over to Europe. Anytime a young player can get some time in Europe is a great thing and to me is by far the best thing they can do to advance their game mentally and technically. Getting the experience of playing in the EPL and training with an EPL team will grow him quite a bit.

This!

MLS does have the developmental Academy attached to it, but that is the worst run pile of BS I have ever seen. I have friends who run the one in INDY with Carmel United SC. The structure is so freaking terrible for the players and PARENTS pay the costs to have their kids play, instead of the teams bringing the Kids into their academies like Europe.

The biggest problem with the USMNT, is we have third tier Athletes competing with other countries top level athletes. It means the US never has a chance to win the one v one battles across the field to make a difference. Hell, the USSF had the audacity to print T-shirts that said "outwork them" last year admitting they had no chance of beating them with talent, athleticism, and Skill. They appealed to the American sense of hard work, but for goodness sake don't embrace that as our redeeming trait!

As a multi-sport Coach, Soccer and Football, I see the difference in the level of athlete from 8 years old-high school playing the sports by a long shot. I also watch the "Semi-Pro" Baseball teams Like the Indiana Lids who produce Major League Prospects every year and have like 10 MLB's on active rosters. The level of commitment and the level of athlete that Football, Basketball, and Baseball youth sports have is far superior to the Elite Soccer athlete in this country.

That is where The US fails. It is a testament to the US that they can still compete at all with this failing. It is because they are tactically aware and proficient, plus they have ZERO superstars (yes Dempsey is the closest thing ever), and play a total team game that they can compete. Watch the skill level difference between the US and ANY other National team and you can see how technically deficient our best really are.

I still support them, but there are no longer any players there I played with professionally or against in the mens Open Cups. I had played with and against the Brian McBride, Claudio Reyna, Harke, Cobi Jones, Chris Klein etc. I also Coached Demarcus Beasely and others on the regional teams growing up. I have put four kids into MLS right now and Dozens into college soccer.

I still go to England and learn training methods from greats like Rene Meulensteen who is Manchester Uniteds Academy and first team technical director under Sir Alex Ferguson. What they do to develop athletes at a young age differs dramatically in scope with what Americans allow their young soccer players to do. The critical years are 7-12 years old and most Kids playing soccer are playing rec style with dad as a coach and learning all the ways NOT to play soccer. In fact, they get Zero effective technical development at all playing rec soccer.

So, I left coaching higher level kids and started working with this age group on purpose. I work almost exclusively with training the youngest the right way to play. We train 4 times as much as we play games. Parents just are not trained that kids need to practice and get 800-1000 touches on the ball as many days as possible versus winning a U8 rec game where their kid may get 40 touches if he is the best player on the field. They believe it is good if their kid scores 5 goals against kids who would rather not even be there, versus having their kid learn how to master the ball and be able to kick it more than 10 yards without using their toe with both feet.

Until the level of training matches that of countries abroad, where some of these poor kids do not have xbox, Ipads, or nintendo DS's and they play pickup soccer to pass the time, the US will continue to be good enough to compete, but Never close to being an Elite team internationally despite the stupid FIFA world rankings. They will be a team good enough to draw results against Mediocre competition, but never good enough to beat 3 elite teams in a row in an international competition.

elsid13
02-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Yeah I never can see a La Masia style academy ever in the US.

McDman
02-03-2013, 10:25 AM
This!

MLS does have the developmental Academy attached to it, but that is the worst run pile of BS I have ever seen. I have friends who run the one in INDY with Carmel United SC. The structure is so freaking terrible for the players and PARENTS pay the costs to have their kids play, instead of the teams bringing the Kids into their academies like Europe.

The biggest problem with the USMNT, is we have third tier Athletes competing with other countries top level athletes. It means the US never has a chance to win the one v one battles across the field to make a difference. Hell, the USSF had the audacity to print T-shirts that said "outwork them" last year admitting they had no chance of beating them with talent, athleticism, and Skill. They appealed to the American sense of hard work, but for goodness sake don't embrace that as our redeeming trait!

As a multi-sport Coach, Soccer and Football, I see the difference in the level of athlete from 8 years old-high school playing the sports by a long shot. I also watch the "Semi-Pro" Baseball teams Like the Indiana Lids who produce Major League Prospects every year and have like 10 MLB's on active rosters. The level of commitment and the level of athlete that Football, Basketball, and Baseball youth sports have is far superior to the Elite Soccer athlete in this country.

That is where The US fails. It is a testament to the US that they can still compete at all with this failing. It is because they are tactically aware and proficient, plus they have ZERO superstars (yes Dempsey is the closest thing ever), and play a total team game that they can compete. Watch the skill level difference between the US and ANY other National team and you can see how technically deficient our best really are.

I still support them, but there are no longer any players there I played with professionally or against in the mens Open Cups. I had played with and against the Brian McBride, Claudio Reyna, Harke, Cobi Jones, Chris Klein etc. I also Coached Demarcus Beasely and others on the regional teams growing up. I have put four kids into MLS right now and Dozens into college soccer.

I still go to England and learn training methods from greats like Rene Meulensteen who is Manchester Uniteds Academy and first team technical director under Sir Alex Ferguson. What they do to develop athletes at a young age differs dramatically in scope with what Americans allow their young soccer players to do. The critical years are 7-12 years old and most Kids playing soccer are playing rec style with dad as a coach and learning all the ways NOT to play soccer. In fact, they get Zero effective technical development at all playing rec soccer.

So, I left coaching higher level kids and started working with this age group on purpose. I work almost exclusively with training the youngest the right way to play. We train 4 times as much as we play games. Parents just are not trained that kids need to practice and get 800-1000 touches on the ball as many days as possible versus winning a U8 rec game where their kid may get 40 touches if he is the best player on the field. They believe it is good if their kid scores 5 goals against kids who would rather not even be there, versus having their kid learn how to master the ball and be able to kick it more than 10 yards without using their toe with both feet.

Until the level of training matches that of countries abroad, where some of these poor kids do not have xbox, Ipads, or nintendo DS's and they play pickup soccer to pass the time, the US will continue to be good enough to compete, but Never close to being an Elite team internationally despite the stupid FIFA world rankings. They will be a team good enough to draw results against Mediocre competition, but never good enough to beat 3 elite teams in a row in an international competition.

Good post.

I think soccer is going to get bigger and bigger here. Especially with all of the CTE stuff in football.

Along with restructuring, there needs to be some sort of inner city development as well. All of the ridiculous athletes that live in those areas play basketball.

McDman
02-04-2013, 08:02 AM
http://m.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National-Team/2013/02/Klinsmann-Names-24-Players-for-First-Final-Round-FIFA-World-Cup-Qualifier.aspx

New roster for Wednesday's game. No big surpises.

I think we do something like this. (I'm on my phone so I canmt make a good chart)

G: Howard
RB: Chandler
D: Cameron
D. Bocanegra
LB: Johnson
RM: Zusi
M: Bradley
DM: Jones (Maybe Williams here as Jones hasn't played recently)
LM: Johnson
F: Dempsey
S: Altidore. (I want to say Gomez bc Jurgen likes him a lot but Jozy has been in great form as of late)

ludo21
02-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Gus Johnson to call World Cup games in 2018!

pretty sweet move by FOX

maven
02-05-2013, 06:30 PM
US soccer kits leaked:

http://todosobrecamisetas.blogspot.com/2013/02/exclusive-nike-usa-centenary-home.html#more

maven
02-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Article on Bob Bradley in Egypt:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130205/bob-bradley-egypt/

McDman
02-05-2013, 06:42 PM
US soccer kits leaked:

http://todosobrecamisetas.blogspot.com/2013/02/exclusive-nike-usa-centenary-home.html#more

They look nice.

I took work off tomorrow for the game.

maven
02-05-2013, 07:45 PM
They look nice.

I took work off tomorrow for the game.

Yah, also in the link are some other countries. Portugal looks awesome. The Dutch went back to red white blue(don't like).

I'll be watching as well. It's going to be a difficult qualifier, but I expect a win versus Honduras. We will see.

McDman
02-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Yah, also in the link are some other countries. Portugal looks awesome. The Dutch went back to red white blue(don't like).

I'll be watching as well. It's going to be a difficult qualifier, but I expect a win versus Honduras. We will see.

I'm not expecting a win really. We have no speed or wing play with this roster. If they bunker down we have no weapons to beat that.

maven
02-06-2013, 02:56 PM
bicycle kick. heh

1-1

UP the possession and get up another goal.

Smiling Assassin27
02-06-2013, 03:54 PM
patented US defensive lapse and down we go...

SonOfLe-loLang
02-06-2013, 04:02 PM
****in US

s0phr0syne
02-06-2013, 04:12 PM
I guess McDman was right to be skeptical....I'm still shocked by how poor the performance looked.

No real convincing possession, and looked like could have been scored on 2 or 3 times in the opening 15 min.

Mediator12
02-06-2013, 05:30 PM
This was just poor chemistry and terrible mentality. The US played like a B level college team and nonchalant when Honduras had the ball. When are we supposed to be better again? The 1998 team would have beaten the crap out of the US team tonight.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Plus it was like a gazillion degrees out there

SonOfLe-loLang
02-06-2013, 06:05 PM
It'd help to have donovan back

Atwater His Ass
02-07-2013, 04:02 AM
The US just isn't very good. The expectations for this team are way to high. The only reason we play in world cups is because our region is so weak; the US is not a top 32 team.

I mean, it's pretty bad when 4 of your best players are Germans that have no chance to play for Germany, and since their fathers are American servicemen, they take the opportunity to at least get consistent playing time at the international level and be a part of some world cups by joining the US instead.

When the US does get a real quality player (Rossi) who was raised in the states, he takes the chance to play for Italy instead. Can't say I blame him, it's just a reflection on how bad the US team really is and a nod to his exceptional skill level that he can actually play for a quality top international side.

Outside of Dempsey, Howard, and Bradley, the rest of the top 24 players are either not playing regular club football, or playing in 2nd/3rd tier leagues, or plodding away on sides that are fighting relegation or if lucky, mid table. These guys also generally aren't getting the experience of playing in the champions league; if they are lucky, maybe they get some europa league action every few years or so. That's just not a good place to be drawing the majority of your international players.

Look at Cameron for example, how horrible he played. At this level, you shouldn't be having to play a guy out of position at center back. You play guys out of position in midfield or forwards, and it's usually to get your absolute best 11 on the field, not because of a necessity from lack of depth and talent. Oneywu, who is supposed to be one of our better center backs, can't even get playing time at Malaga and isn't called up. Bocenegra plays for a 2nd tier Spanish side. Also he's our captain, but he can't crack the starting 11 to kick off world cup qualifying in an environment where his veteran leadership could have been utilized.

The team is just a mess and has been for awhile. They just don't have any real international talent outside a handful of players.

maven
02-07-2013, 07:38 AM
The US just isn't very good. The expectations for this team are way to high. The only reason we play in world cups is because our region is so weak; the US is not a top 32 team.

I mean, it's pretty bad when 4 of your best players are Germans that have no chance to play for Germany, and since their fathers are American servicemen, they take the opportunity to at least get consistent playing time at the international level and be a part of some world cups by joining the US instead.

When the US does get a real quality player (Rossi) who was raised in the states, he takes the chance to play for Italy instead. Can't say I blame him, it's just a reflection on how bad the US team really is and a nod to his exceptional skill level that he can actually play for a quality top international side.

Outside of Dempsey, Howard, and Bradley, the rest of the top 24 players are either not playing regular club football, or playing in 2nd/3rd tier leagues, or plodding away on sides that are fighting relegation or if lucky, mid table. These guys also generally aren't getting the experience of playing in the champions league; if they are lucky, maybe they get some europa league action every few years or so. That's just not a good place to be drawing the majority of your international players.

Look at Cameron for example, how horrible he played. At this level, you shouldn't be having to play a guy out of position at center back. You play guys out of position in midfield or forwards, and it's usually to get your absolute best 11 on the field, not because of a necessity from lack of depth and talent. Oneywu, who is supposed to be one of our better center backs, can't even get playing time at Malaga and isn't called up. Bocenegra plays for a 2nd tier Spanish side. Also he's our captain, but he can't crack the starting 11 to kick off world cup qualifying in an environment where his veteran leadership could have been utilized.

The team is just a mess and has been for awhile. They just don't have any real international talent outside a handful of players.

Good post. Rossi was left off the 2010 team so that bit him in the ass. He's a traitor to the US!:giggle: The game should've ended in a draw. As mentioned, poor chemistry and no heart. And yes obviously throw in the lack of talent. The team should still qualify. They have to win the next game @home v Costa Rica by multiple goals if possible.

maven
02-07-2013, 07:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DGyl4zg.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
02-07-2013, 10:00 AM
man, how about jamaica drawing with mexico...

ludo21
02-07-2013, 10:26 AM
man, how about jamaica drawing with mexico...

that is HUGE for US...

Got to win the Costa Rica game, and get some road draws.

SleepingTiger
02-07-2013, 03:21 PM

Exactly, that is why I think the Eurocup is better. Many teams that will qualify for the world cup will not qualify for the Eurocup.

I mean, it's pretty bad when 4 of your best players are Germans that have no chance to play for Germany

To be fair, the German squad is loaded with talent. Many world cup players will not make the German squad.

he is a traitor. However, he trained mostly in Italy, so i can see why he decided on the Italy instead.

I think Donovan has proved his worth at Everton. Jermain Jones is a good talent. We also have some very young players coming up.

I would give them a few more matches before calling it quits. You don't need a strong club players to be an effective world cup team. Look at the English and Dutch team. Incredible club players, but always under achieve. Yes, the Dutch team made the finals last world cup, but they might as well stay home during euro cup.

Also teams like Korea, Japan and several African teams always do well in the world cup without star club players.

Atwater His Ass
02-07-2013, 05:50 PM
My point about the German born players and Rossi, is that the US cannot develop it's own players. The youth system is a joke and MLS doesn't do near enough to develop local talent in their each teams region. Running like the NFL is a good business move to keep the league afloat, but relying on college's to groom the youth will never work. It's already an uphill battle even getting young players interested past age 14 or so, having to compete with basketball, football, and baseball. So soccer is already at best, getting the third tier athletes. Having academies and offering those young prospects an education in addition to soccer training would give some of those families pause and consider signing them up for that in lieu of paying astronomical monies to charter their kids around on touring youth club teams in any sport.

I'm not "giving up" on this team over one game. The entire 18 months or so of Klinnsman's hiring has not worked out. One off's against Mexico and Italy doesn't constitute progress. I was a huge proponent of hiring him, especially seeing how he turned that German team around into a juggernaught, but it seems that he's the wrong coach with the wrong players to make it work.

I mean, it was never about just qualifying for the world cup. It was about making progress and being competitive once we get there. We've had decades of qualifying and then getting embarrassed, sans the 2002 cup where we got robbed against Germany.

As far as "less talented" teams from Africa and Asia...I would still argue that those players are among the absolute best athletes those countries have to offer. They are more talented then most of the US players and many of those teams had big names playing in top leagues on top clubs.

Lastly in regards to Donovan, he's obviously one of the best American players ever. But I still consider him somewhat of a disappointment for never breaking out of his comfort zone after in didn't work out in Germany when he was younger. One half season successful loan spell at Everton doesn't prove much, other than, perhaps he should have given it an honest shot years before in the EPL, which is obvioulsy a much better league for Americans to play in than the Bundesliga. I also thought the US never used him correctly, mostly isolating him out on a wing. He was the best player, you want him touching the ball. I've always argued they should have played him in the middle as a playmaker combining with Dempsey, getting them both as many touches as possible. When they did things like play Dempsey as a sole striker with Donovan on the left wing, it was hard to even watch that crap.

McDman
02-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Sigh.

SleepingTiger
02-08-2013, 08:12 AM
My point about the German born players and Rossi, is that the US cannot develop it's own players. The youth system is a joke and MLS doesn't do near enough to develop local talent in their each teams region.

I agree with you, but the European countries have been developing players for centuries now. Soccer in America is very much in its infancy. I want to point out that its the club teams that develop all these talents, not the national team itself. Look at Ajax, they hand select these kids at 10yrs old and develop them into the Sneiders and Van der Vaart. Then sell them off at a huge transfer fee to finance their youth program. MLS club teams don't have the expertise, the finance or the know how to run a program like that of Ajax.

I mean, it was never about just qualifying for the world cup. It was about making progress and being competitive once we get there. We've had decades of qualifying and then getting embarrassed, sans the 2002 cup where we got robbed against Germany.

I think you're asking for alot. We are not on a even playing field. Until America takes soccer seriously (top 3 sport), making it past the group stage is the best you can ask for.

As far as "less talented" teams from Africa and Asia...I would still argue that those players are among the absolute best athletes those countries have to offer. They are more talented then most of the US players and many of those teams had big names playing in top leagues on top clubs.

Again, they have one or two players on good club teams, but beyond that they are just like many of the American players playing for 2nd tier clubs.

Lastly in regards to Donovan, he's obviously one of the best American players ever. But I still consider him somewhat of a disappointment for never breaking out of his comfort zone after in didn't work out in Germany when he was younger. One half season successful loan spell at Everton doesn't prove much, other than, perhaps he should have given it an honest shot years before in the EPL, which is obvioulsy a much better league for Americans to play in than the Bundesliga.

No, I think he proved himself even if its for half the season in Everton. He made an impact on that team, the team knows it and the fans as well.

I also thought the US never used him correctly, mostly isolating him out on a wing. He was the best player, you want him touching the ball. I've always argued they should have played him in the middle as a playmaker combining with Dempsey, getting them both as many touches as possible. When they did things like play Dempsey as a sole striker with Donovan on the left wing, it was hard to even watch that crap.

I think they wanted Donovan in space so he can make runs and create. He is no Xavi or Iniesta where he can be a play maker in the middle.
Watching Dempsey as the sole striker is painful. But what will you do when you got guys like Demerit, Specter and Bornstein playing defense.

Atwater His Ass
02-08-2013, 04:22 PM
We are in violent agreement over the lack of the US developing talent. Look at what England did just a couple of years ago, re-instituting the home grown rule in the EPL to help groom English players for the national side in a league that the FA felt was losing some of its focus. One of the pillars for MLS is to develop players for the national side, they just aren't doing a good job of it currently and it's partially the fault of how the league is ran, with a college draft like the NFL does. That encourages teams not to develop local talent and to just rely on colleges to do it. And the next 2 generations of young American talent doesn't look to promising either. It's going to be a long haul for the USMNT for awhile, espcially when you look over the border and see how much young talent Mexico has developed recently.

I will disagree that they don't know how to develop academies. The models from other countries are there to use, as you pointed out. The problem is the start up costs and that it will take a long time to see the returns, i.e., actually developing players takes years and commitment. But I feel this is a real must do for MLS. And they need to do it in a way that makes it attractive for families that maybe would normally push their kids to a different sport, but because of what the academy can offer their kids, they choose soccer instead. Soccer needs a competitve advantage to land these young athletes since the glamour appeal with other sports isn't a battle soccer will ever win in this country. It's obviously not like how a club like Ajax has every kid in the country dreaming to be a part of their youth system. American soccer has to develop its own advantages and play them to maximum effect to secure the kids.

American soccer under Klinsmann was supposed to be attractive, effective football. That was the deal, and why it took 5 years to get him. Understandbly, with the players he has, it's not really possible to play in a similiar style to a Spain or the shear talent of a Brazil. But he hasn't really changed the culture at all. In fact, at least under Bradley, we knew who we were and what we did. We sat back, ground out wins, counter attacked, stifled and out worked opponents. Now who knows? The regression is clear, and that is what is so disappointing.

Just consider this. In the first game of the hexagonal round, on the road, against a better team in CONCACAF, Klinsmann trots out a backline that has NEVER played in a match together before. Not once. Never. Given the circumstances, how is that acceptable?

elsid13
02-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Interest ESPN piece on USA youth development problems

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/soccerusa/id/1009?cc=5901

maven
02-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Helping the team to a 2-0 win over Marseille.

:yayaya:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/25/sports/soccer/david-beckham-lifts-paris-st-germain-over-marseille.html?_r=0

David Beckham celebrated his Paris St.-Germain debut by helping to create the second goal as first-place P.S.G. beat Marseille, 2-0, in Paris.

:thumbs:

FantomForce
02-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Tomorrow 1 pm going to watch with my class Real Madrid vs Barcelona. Going to be fun if you want to come. Plus we will be filling out worksheets in Spanish about the condicional and verbos reflexivos. How much fun will this BE?????!!!!

huh??
02-25-2013, 03:52 PM
I think soccer is going to get bigger and bigger here. Especially with all of the CTE stuff in football.

Along with restructuring, there needs to be some sort of inner city development as well. All of the ridiculous athletes that live in those areas play basketball.

I've noticed recently that there has been a much bigger push by ESPN, Sirius Radio and other outlets for more soccer exposure. It's likely to take a while to gain decent broad-spectrum acceptance, but I hope by then, there will be a more adequate development system in place. Imagine if all the inner-city kids that play a pick-up game of hoops after school did the same with a soccer ball.

*edit* Ha! Ha! I just basically quoted your statements, and reiterated them. I didn't get much sleep.

maven
02-26-2013, 11:07 PM
Tomorrow 1 pm going to watch with my class Real Madrid vs Barcelona. Going to be fun if you want to come. Plus we will be filling out worksheets in Spanish about the condicional and verbos reflexivos. How much fun will this BE?????!!!!

Loss 1-3 today versus Real and down 0-2 in the Champions League. They do have La Liga pretty much won, but interesting none the less in regards to Barca.

maven
02-26-2013, 11:09 PM
Beckham to start vs Marseille in the French cup!

^5

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/live-coverage/week=23/index.html

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/competitions/General/01/91/87/53/1918753_w1.jpg

Atwater His Ass
03-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Watched Everton get absolutely rocked at home by Wigan in the FA Cup. lol.

McDman
03-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Watched Everton get absolutely rocked at home by Wigan in the FA Cup. lol.

Tim Howard apparently has two broken bones in his back.

Shiiiiiiiiiiit!

maven
03-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Tim Howard apparently has two broken bones in his back.

Shiiiiiiiiiiit!

wow really? He's going to miss at least a couple of qualifiers. His backup is the guy from Aston Villa right?

PSG looked awful versus Valencia the other day. They advance in the Champions League, but man it didn't look good. Anyone watch the manu Real Madrid game? Was that some BS or what with the red card.

Atwater His Ass
03-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Guzan is the backup, but Friedel has been somewhat posturing for an international comeback over the last couple of days.

That red card was horrible. Completely changed the game. Although I don't question Ferguson much, I do question why he couldn't find a place for Rooney in that starting XI. I don't buy it was a tactical ommission what so ever. We'll see if he plays a role tomorrow in the cup against Chelsea.

Last comment on the united game though, I just hate negative tactics. You have the away goal advantage and are at home. Take the game to Madrid and just beat them. Really disappointing approach from United imo. I guess Chelsea won it doing that last season, and to their credit they beat Barcalona and Bayern along the way, but it sure makes for a dull game. Also, screw Italy. Just because.

Looking forward to the continued Bale show and watching Tottenham win Europa league.

maven
03-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Guzan is the backup, but Friedel has been somewhat posturing for an international comeback over the last couple of days.

That red card was horrible. Completely changed the game. Although I don't question Ferguson much, I do question why he couldn't find a place for Rooney in that starting XI. I don't buy it was a tactical ommission what so ever. We'll see if he plays a role tomorrow in the cup against Chelsea.

Last comment on the united game though, I just hate negative tactics. You have the away goal advantage and are at home. Take the game to Madrid and just beat them. Really disappointing approach from United imo. I guess Chelsea won it doing that last season, and to their credit they beat Barcalona and Bayern along the way, but it sure makes for a dull game. Also, screw Italy. Just because.

Looking forward to the continued Bale show and watching Tottenham win Europa league.

Don't understand the Rooney snub. Why sit him? Coming in at the 70? some minute mark down 1-2. odd. And your right about the tactics. I don't like that style of play.

Drogba was superhuman for Chelsea last year during the champions league.

I have read that they are talking about the winner of the Europa league could get an auto qualifier for the champions league. I think that's a great idea.

elsid13
03-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Don't understand the Rooney snub. Why sit him? Coming in at the 70? some minute mark down 1-2. odd. And your right about the tactics. I don't like that style of play.

Drogba was superhuman for Chelsea last year during the champions league.

I have read that they are talking about the winner of the Europa league could get an auto qualifier for the champions league. I think that's a great idea.

Evidently Rooney is on his way out. It should interesting to see who sir Alex goes after if that is true

Atwater His Ass
03-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Anything of course is possible in club football. And with Rooney's staggering salary coupled with the fact that Ferguson is still upset about Rooney holding out a couple of years ago, I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone. If so however, United should have sold him last year when they would have gotten twice as much as they'll get this coming off-season. Not convinced Welbeck or Hernandez are suitable replacements though. Even with the fitness and commitment issues, I still think United would be crazy to get rid of him.

I'm not sure I see Rooney being a regular in top tier teams, such as Manchester City, Bayern, Madrid or Barcelona; they all just have too much talent to ensure regular playing time. There are few other teams that could afford his wage demands and I don't really see him playing for a 2nd tier club. So in effect, Rooney needs to be careful how he plays this, if United hasn't already made the decision.

If they do sell Rooney though, I don't think Ferguson will necessarily go after anyone significant. I think he see's Welbeck and Hernandez as serviceable with Van Pierse as the real "replacement". And don't forget they just signed Kagawa who can play in that deep role that Rooney plays best just behind the single striker. So although they may sign a marginal or younger replacement, they don't a one for one swap that can start from day 1.

Atwater His Ass
03-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Rooney scored perhaps one of the worst defended free kicks I've ever seen. lolChelsea. Oh yeah, don't start John Terry either. David Luiz wut?

I guess Gus Johnson is ok, not my favorite, but he messes up the player names quite a bit. For example, he keeps getting Hernandez and Rooney mixed up. How is that even possible??? Pretty embarrassing. But this other yahoo they have on here is terrible. Not even going to bother finding out what his name is. He sounds like some dad trying to commentate on his kids game on a home DVD or something.

I much prefer when FSC just taps into the local announcers, i.e., the Martin Tylers of the world. Don't like it when they try to "Americanize" the callers, just always turns out bad since they are below par.

elsid13
03-10-2013, 11:31 AM
I agree Gus Johnson doing EPL games just doesn't sound right.

BTW with amount of talent the Blues have on that team, why aren't they better??? There is something fundamentally wrong with that club.

Atwater His Ass
03-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Roman Abramovich.

Doesn't matter the players you buy if you can't establish any sense of club stability. Di Matteo wins the champions league for him and his reward is to be fired during the next season.

elsid13
03-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Roman Abramovich.

Doesn't matter the players you buy if you can't establish any sense of club stability. Di Matteo wins the champions league for him and his reward is to be fired during the next season.

He is the George Steinbrenner of EPL. Hazard really energized that team when he came on, he going to be very special soon.

Atwater His Ass
03-10-2013, 01:02 PM
They definately have a ton of fire power with their attacking players. If they could be allowed to stabalize with a system and a manger for a few seasons, they could be really special.

elsid13
03-10-2013, 01:07 PM
I still think they need a striker, Torres has lost it and Ba is alright. I could see them making a play for Cavani of Napoli. That would be scary.

Atwater His Ass
03-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Would be hilarious if they bought Rooney. But he doesn't really fit well for their current sole striker approach.

Hey, but maybe they'll hire an non-interim manager and they'll change it up again. I use the term "non-interim" to mean at least 1 but no more than 2 full seasons in charge!

Atwater His Ass
03-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Barcelona completly dismanteling AC Milan 4-0.....milan played like **** the entire match and couldn't even manage to defend AT ALL with reach in tackles and fouls all game....at least if that is your game plan, just execute it. More so when you're an Italian club and that style is in your DNA...

Hilarious, because all they needed to do was play a little bit positive and try to get a single goal which would have changed everything for them. For them to come out in that negative style, they deserved what they got and I was happy to see Barcelona take it to them and be successful while doing it.

Losing 4-0 while playing defensive counter-attacking football is a humiliation....why not, even after halftime, come out and attack and fight for the win? An away goal means so much...but they just wanted to grind it out, keep Barca from scoring and go for the eventual penalties. ****'em.

First time in the history of champions league a play a team came back to win the tie after losing the first leg 2-0.

Muddled
03-13-2013, 12:29 AM
He is the George Steinbrenner of EPL. Hazard really energized that team when he came on, he going to be very special soon.

Pretty good at kicking ballboys too.

McDman
03-13-2013, 06:44 AM
Even more good news. Fabian Johnson may miss both qualifiers now.

elsid13
03-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Even more good news. Fabian Johnson may miss both qualifiers now.

We will see if US Soccer has done its job and got the depth a WC contender needs to be successful.

maven
03-13-2013, 01:34 PM

He was special at Lille. I liked him a lot.

maven
03-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Barcelona completly dismanteling AC Milan 4-0.....milan played like **** the entire match and couldn't even manage to defend AT ALL with reach in tackles and fouls all game....at least if that is your game plan, just execute it. More so when you're an Italian club and that style is in your DNA...

Hilarious, because all they needed to do was play a little bit positive and try to get a single goal which would have changed everything for them. For them to come out in that negative style, they deserved what they got and I was happy to see Barcelona take it to them and be successful while doing it.

Losing 4-0 while playing defensive counter-attacking football is a humiliation....why not, even after halftime, come out and attack and fight for the win? An away goal means so much...but they just wanted to grind it out, keep Barca from scoring and go for the eventual penalties. ****'em.

First time in the history of champions league a play a team came back to win the tie after losing the first leg 2-0.

Amazing performance!

maven
03-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Bayern versus Arsenal.

Porto v Malaga

On soon.

Atwater His Ass
03-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Arsenal played like crap, couldn't string any passes together. The best pass of the game was in the 3rd minute when Walcott setup Girourd. It was all down hill from there.

I always do enjoy watching a world class player in Robben who cannot use his right foot at all. I never understand how the defender ever falls for it when he cuts to his left foot. He does it EVERY TIME.

spiralism
03-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Arsenal played like crap, couldn't string any passes together. The best pass of the game was in the 3rd minute when Walcott setup Girourd. It was all down hill from there.

I always do enjoy watching a world class player in Robben who cannot use his right foot at all. I never understand how the defender ever falls for it when he cuts to his left foot. He does it EVERY TIME.

Bayern were even worse. Looked so complacent tonight. Robben is a one trick pony yes. He's also a greedy **** who hides in the big matches (two missed 1v1s in world cup final, missed penalty last champs league final)

maven
03-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Bayern were even worse. Looked so complacent tonight. Robben is a one trick pony yes. He's also a greedy **** who hides in the big matches (two missed 1v1s in world cup final, missed penalty last champs league final)

squeaked by on away goals. When he's off, he's ****ing off. And yah he hasn't been in form since 2010.

And Malaga?

elsid13
03-13-2013, 05:14 PM
He was special at Lille. I liked him a lot.

I thought he was really good in Ligue 1, but I wanted to see how he played in EPL, which has better competition and more physical play.

maven
03-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Quarter-final draw
Málaga CF (ESP) v Borussia Dortmund (GER)
Real Madrid CF (ESP) v Galatasaray AŞ (TUR)
Paris Saint-Germain FC (FRA) v FC Barcelona (ESP)
FC Bayern München (GER) v Juventus (ITA)

Ties take place on 2/3 and 9/10 April.

maven
03-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Some nice match ups. Ughhh, didn't want to see PSG draw Barca. Juve and Bayern should be a heck of a match.

maven
03-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Quarter-finals (4 & 11 April)*
Chelsea FC (ENG) v FC Rubin Kazan (RUS)
Tottenham Hotspur FC (ENG) v FC Basel 1893 (SUI)
Fenerbahçe SK (TUR) v S.S. Lazio (ITA)
SL Benfica (POR) v Newcastle United FC (ENG)

* All games kick off at 21.05CET except the Rubin v Chelsea second leg, which begins at 18.00CET

SleepingTiger
03-22-2013, 12:27 PM
whois going to the WC qualifier tonight? seats are fairly affordable, i would go if i was in Denver.

gyldenlove
03-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Denmark just pummelled the Czech Republic 3-0 in the qualifier.

Mogulseeker
03-22-2013, 08:37 PM
I like soccer in the winter weather.

McDman
03-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Wild game. We have to keep the pressure up.

elsid13
03-22-2013, 09:07 PM
I wonder if they let this game go to full time.

Heyneck
03-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Colombia is kicking ass towards the World Cup!!! We haven't had a team this good in about a decade. A Great Manager makes all the difference in the world.

ludo21
03-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Azteca tonight.... a draw would be amazing.

Go TEAM USA!

McDman
03-26-2013, 05:14 PM
A draw would be very nice. A win would be orgasmic.

Conklin
03-26-2013, 11:06 PM
USA, that is all

theAPAOps5
03-26-2013, 11:12 PM
Only in Soccer is a 0-0 tie a good thing! Good defensive effort by the US!

McDman
03-27-2013, 06:10 AM
Very awesome result.

SleepingTiger
03-27-2013, 08:01 AM
i guess Klinsman does know what he is doing. Beesler and Omar did a very good job on Chicharito (sp). I feel bad for Beasley as he was getting raped all night. It is unfair to have him play LB though as he is a natural winger.

Very disappointed to see Altidore being pulled at the 55 minute mark. So in goes Eddie Johnson and he had a total of 2 touches. I have to give it up to Klinsman again. If it was Bradley, he would of pulled Altidore and put in a Beckerman or another defender. Klinsman had enough balls to sub in one fwd and put another one in to keep some pressure on the Mexicans. I guess he saw something Altidore did and pulled him.

On the two controversial non penalty calls. The first one Chicharito acted like he was Atwatered in the back. Damn guy went flying, deserves a freaking 10 for that dive.
The second one, Edu should of gotten a yellow with a penalty for the Mexicans.

Speaking of, Edu sucks! how many times did this guy loose the ball right outside the penalty box with his stroll in the park dribbling. We need Jones back!

Overall, a win for the US and another heartbreaker for the Mexicans. Clearly the Mexican squad is very talented. We need Donovan back to make the next match more competitive.

Kid A
03-27-2013, 08:20 AM
Besler is a kid from my hometown, basically down the street from me (didn't know him, but still), so it has been fun seeing him rise in his MLS career and now hold up well on the international stage.

Dodged a bullet on the non-penalty / Mexico remaining snakebit on their finishing. But we're a long long way from a time when we can nitpick a draw in Azteca. About as good a four day stretch for US soccer as they could have hoped given the circumstance, can approach the rest of the Hex with renewed confidence, swagger and, hopefully, health.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-27-2013, 08:52 AM
Got a little fortunate, but we'll take it

srphoenix
03-27-2013, 09:10 AM
I dont normally get into soccer, but this was a fun game to watch. It's too bad the header we had go in early into the game got called off. It didn't look like a foul to me, but then neither did 80% of the plays that were called. I guess I'm just use to sports where you don't go down unless you've really been forced down.

Go USA!

Mediator12
03-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Tremendous result, and a lot more confidence in possession. Some, not good, like Edu on top of his penalty area as was mentioned earlier. Some terrific to relieve the pressure and penetrate a porous midfield like Bradley's almost chance in the first half.

What still concerns me going forward is the outside channel defense. Mexico was able to continually win the 1v1 out there and they were extremely fortunate to not connect on multiple opportunities. I was real proud of Demarcus, who I coached at camp when he was little, as he played as well as he could with an early yellow. However, he needed a lot more help and Zusi was constantly struggling with his positioning on the other side.

The US deserved that result, but more so Mexico playing poorly and not cohesive in the final third. I hope they adjust their outside defense, but overall it was a quality result in a terribly difficult place to get one.

McDman
03-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Tremendous result, and a lot more confidence in possession. Some, not good, like Edu on top of his penalty area as was mentioned earlier. Some terrific to relieve the pressure and penetrate a porous midfield like Bradley's almost chance in the first half.

What still concerns me going forward is the outside channel defense. Mexico was able to continually win the 1v1 out there and they were extremely fortunate to not connect on multiple opportunities. I was real proud of Demarcus, who I coached at camp when he was little, as he played as well as he could with an early yellow. However, he needed a lot more help and Zusi was constantly struggling with his positioning on the other side.

The US deserved that result, but more so Mexico playing poorly and not cohesive in the final third. I hope they adjust their outside defense, but overall it was a quality result in a terribly difficult place to get one.

I thought Beasley did really well cinsidering he isn't a left back. Biggest thing of the night was seeing Gonzalez clean up. If he can play like that all of the time we will have a huge lift.

I really hope Donovan comes back and Johnson gets healhty.

Atwater His Ass
03-27-2013, 09:26 PM
US played well in the 1st half, with some controlling posession. Got completely dominated in the 2nd half. Good effort though.

Mexico was great in space and on the ball, but couldn't get the final pass in. Guzan only had to make one key save the whole game, in spite of Mexico dominating the match.

Kid A
04-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Bayern. Good lord. Benefit of a couple no-calls, but still, they looked 4 goals better than Barca. Here's hoping Dortmund can make it an all Bundesliga final.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2521661/crazymunich.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2521781/sourgrapesbarcelona.gif

Mogulseeker
04-24-2013, 01:57 AM
NOT reading posts OR checking the news, because I have to watch replay of the Bayern/FC Barcelona game... so I'm out of the loop.

Bayern/Barca was the semi right?

That means there are two others.... can someone PM me who the other two are in the semi without revealing any scores... I think it's down to four teams - Barca, Bayern and two others... I just want to know who the two others are and when they play.

maven
04-24-2013, 10:34 AM
NOT reading posts OR checking the news, because I have to watch replay of the Bayern/FC Barcelona game... so I'm out of the loop.

Bayern/Barca was the semi right?

That means there are two others.... can someone PM me who the other two are in the semi without revealing any scores... I think it's down to four teams - Barca, Bayern and two others... I just want to know who the two others are and when they play.

The game is on in a couple of hours.

Dortmund vs Real Madrid

maven
04-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Bayern. Good lord. Benefit of a couple no-calls, but still, they looked 4 goals better than Barca. Here's hoping Dortmund can make it an all Bundesliga final.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2521661/crazymunich.gif

Barca knocked out PSG(sad, lost on away goals which i h8), and well i'm tired of those Barca ****s. They got f'n throttled by Bayern yesterday.:thumbs:

Kid A
04-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Lewandowski with a hat trick 55 minutes in.

Kid A
04-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Make that 4 for Lewandowski (on a penalty).

So far this week: Bundesliga 8 - La Liga 1

Smiling Assassin27
04-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Germany 8
Spain 1

Bayern can't be stopped.

elsid13
04-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Looks like it is going to be Bundesliga final in London.

Mogulseeker
04-24-2013, 03:37 PM
K... I'm all caught up... thanks to everyone who PMed me about the times.

I'm glad you did because I really wasn't expecting TWO Bundesliga blowouts.

Huge mistake for Barca by playing Messi. He looked like he was at about 35 percent out there.

Mogulseeker
04-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Barca knocked out PSG(sad, lost on away goals which i h8), and well i'm tired of those Barca ****s. They got f'n throttled by Bayern yesterday.:thumbs:

It was close, though... PSG almost pushed through and they probably should have.

spiralism
04-24-2013, 04:23 PM
I kinda felt Barca had it coming, they'd been pushing their luck...but i didn't for the life of me think Mourinho's Real would get pasted like they did tonight. More locker room quarrels is the rumour, that team is more dysfunctional with their coaching staffs over the years than the Raiders in Al Davis's latter years.

Mogulseeker
05-02-2013, 01:30 AM
LOL Bayern 7-0 over Barcelona on aggregate.... didn't see that one coming.

gyldenlove
05-02-2013, 07:02 AM
LOL Bayern 7-0 over Barcelona on aggregate.... didn't see that one coming.

That Bayern team is very very good. They have been absolutely dominating the Bundesliga this year.

Kid A
05-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Sad, sad Messi in a puffy coat.

http://media.tumblr.com/a2793e6027b3108d08bb59a745515f47/tumblr_mm51vetuNq1re1qw1o1_500.png

On to Bayern vs a bunch of players who will be on Bayern next year.

socalorado
05-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Sad, sad Messi in a puffy coat.

http://media.tumblr.com/a2793e6027b3108d08bb59a745515f47/tumblr_mm51vetuNq1re1qw1o1_500.png

Question.
I heard this clown, whos never scored a World Cup goal, and who's constantly called the best, just decided he didnt want to play in this game.
Is this true, and that he just played in a league game, not a few days ago and just up and decided he didnt want to play in this game, and used the injury excuse as his reason why?
I honestly dont know, i dont follow this stuff, but i was wondering.

SlyEli
05-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Question.
I heard this clown, whos never scored a World Cup goal, and who's constantly called the best, just decided he didnt want to play in this game.
Is this true, and that he just played in a league game, not a few days ago and just up and decided he didnt want to play in this game, and used the injury excuse as his reason why?

messi has never scored a world cup goal? riiiighttt...

socalorado
05-02-2013, 10:00 AM
messi has never scored a world cup goal? riiiighttt...

I dont follow soccer, but i heard this no talent ass clown has never scored a goal in a World Cup, yet hes supposed to be this incredible player.
So i spent all of 15 seconds of my life (i want them back) checking,
He actually scored 1 goal against Serbia and Montenegro, who are a powerhouse in soccer, in the 2006 WC after Argentina were winning 5-0 in garbage time. So yeah i see why folks say hes never scored a WC goal.

My question stands though. Did this bert and ernie lookin clown just vagina- out on playing in the game yesterday, or was he legitimately injured?

maven
05-02-2013, 10:31 AM
I dont follow soccer, but i heard this no talent ass clown has never scored a goal in a World Cup, yet hes supposed to be this incredible player.
So i spent all of 15 seconds of my life (i want them back) checking,
He actually scored 1 goal against Serbia and Montenegro, who are a powerhouse in soccer, in the 2006 WC after Argentina were winning 5-0 in garbage time. So yeah i see why folks say hes never scored a WC goal.

My question stands though. Did this bert and ernie lookin clown just vagina- out on playing in the game yesterday, or was he legitimately injured?

He's injured. In the second match versus PSG he couldn't play. PSG went up on aggregate, he finally subbed in around the 60th minute, provided a huge spark to the team, and they scored a goal to advance in the Champions League. He didn't do much out there because of his hamstring, but provided a lift. Barca's offense revolves around him, and without him they flat out suck. He's basically running around with 1 leg out there. No Messi, no Barca.

maven
05-02-2013, 10:33 AM
I kinda felt Barca had it coming, they'd been pushing their luck...but i didn't for the life of me think Mourinho's Real would get pasted like they did tonight. More locker room quarrels is the rumour, that team is more dysfunctional with their coaching staffs over the years than the Raiders in Al Davis's latter years.

Mourinho will head back to EPL.

socalorado
05-02-2013, 10:33 AM
He's injured. In the second match versus PSG he couldn't play. PSG went up on aggregate, he finally subbed in around the 60th minute, provided a huge spark to the team, and they scored a goal to advance in the Champions League. He didn't do much out there because of his hamstring, but provided a lift. Barca's offense revolves around him, and without him they flat out suck. He's basically running around with 1 leg out there. No Messi, no Barca.

Thank you. Thats what i wanted to know.

maven
05-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Germany 8
Spain 1

Bayern can't be stopped.

Thats funny. I do expect Germany to win the WC next year.

maven
05-02-2013, 10:37 AM

That's the crazy part.

elsid13
05-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Question.

I would never call Messi a clown, he is amazing player and if his hamstring would let him I would have bet he would have played.

elsid13
05-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Mourinho will head back to EPL.

Chelsea he here come

elsid13
05-02-2013, 03:58 PM
That's the crazy part.

It kinda sad that Dortmund is about its best Midfielder(Götze) and maybe their best striker(Lewandowski) to them.

spiralism
05-08-2013, 02:50 AM
Legendary Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has announced his retirement after the end of the season, ending a 26 year reign at the club. Holy ****. :(

maven
05-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Legendary Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has announced his retirement after the end of the season, ending a 26 year reign at the club. Holy ****. :(

Can't coach 4ever. Props to him.

Moyes is in now.

maven
05-09-2013, 10:57 AM
It kinda sad that Dortmund is about its best Midfielder(Götze) and maybe their best striker(Lewandowski) to them.

It is. Dortmund on an amazing run, then what after this? Back to being a little fish again in a big ocean.

Mogulseeker
05-14-2013, 12:27 PM
I just recently started following MLS... and I was wondering if there is always this much turnaround.

It seem like for the last three years, the Rapids have changed about 9 of their 11 starters every offseason.

The only Rapids still in the starting 11 from when I started following them (in mid 2010) are Drew Moor and Jamie Smith.

spiralism
05-14-2013, 05:08 PM
It is. Dortmund on an amazing run, then what after this? Back to being a little fish again in a big ocean.

Kevin De Bruyne and Christian Eriksen are supposedly coming in as replacements though, they'll be alright if that's the case.

Mogulseeker
05-14-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm going to be pissed when Eriksen leaves Ajax.

That's what I don't like about world football: there are good teams, playing in average leagues (Ajax in the Eredivisie), that will never be able to pull off a champions cup because the top players they develop always end up playing elsewhere. (See Van Persie, Robin; Sneijder, Wesley; and Robben, Arjen). And more recently, Gregory van der Wiel.

Ajax would be a pretty dominant team if they played in the same league as BPL/Bundesliga teams.

Hup Holland!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/79/Ajax_Amsterdam.svg/200px-Ajax_Amsterdam.svg.png
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/284335_10150261433744288_3880272_n.jpg

/rant

Mogulseeker
05-14-2013, 05:55 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sd38KUjmOho" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

spiralism
05-15-2013, 09:03 AM

That's what I don't like about world football: there are good teams, playing in average leagues (Ajax in the Eredivisie), that will never be able to pull off a champions cup because the top players they develop always end up playing elsewhere. (See Van Persie, Robin; Sneijder, Wesley; and Robben, Arjen). And more recently, Gregory van der Wiel.

Ajax would be a pretty dominant team if they played in the same league as BPL/Bundesliga teams.

Hup Holland!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/79/Ajax_Amsterdam.svg/200px-Ajax_Amsterdam.svg.png
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/284335_10150261433744288_3880272_n.jpg

/rant

What match was that? Hup Holland indeed, love Amsterdam!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/8106_559209440768120_205999255_n.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
05-15-2013, 09:38 AM

Hup Holland!

/rant

I'm still sore over holland losing the World Cup, and with it, a lot of money for me. I wonder how often Robben replays that wide shot in his mind! But I do love Amsterdam...what an amazing city.

gyldenlove
05-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Kevin De Bruyne and Christian Eriksen are supposedly coming in as replacements though, they'll be alright if that's the case.

Eriksen should stay another 2 years in ajax, he is not ready for prime time in a top league yet. 2 more years, then he will be primed for taking over a top squad in Spain, England, Italy or Germany.

Mogulseeker
05-15-2013, 11:09 AM
What match was that? Hup Holland indeed, love Amsterdam!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/8106_559209440768120_205999255_n.jpg

Amsterdam arenA... sometime in September/Octoberish.... Netherlands vs. Holland in the 2012 EUEFA cup qualifier.

Holland 4, Sweden 1...
(Sorry the video is in Dutch)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gqr4ZyD_Dlw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm Swedish, so yeah I like Sweden too. But I've lived in the Netherlands.

Mogulseeker
05-15-2013, 12:28 PM
I'm still sore over holland losing the World Cup, and with it, a lot of money for me. I wonder how often Robben replays that wide shot in his mind! But I do love Amsterdam...what an amazing city.

Beautiful, indeed... and the best place to study abroad.

Mogulseeker
05-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Anyone watch Copa Del Rey this year? It seems like any time Real Madrid gets involved in a big match, it just becomes a real slugfest... the manager gets ejected, as well as Christiano Ronaldo for that kick to Gabi Fernandez's face.

I freaking hate Real Madrid.

maven
05-19-2013, 11:28 PM

what's up with you? Why would you take the dutch over espana that game? Spaniards were rolling leading up to the WC, and it was their destiny to finally win one.

The dam? Young eastern euro hookers, excellent booze, and all the vices any man could want. Excellent city and very unique amongst the world.

maven
05-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Anyone watch Copa Del Rey this year? It seems like any time Real Madrid gets involved in a big match, it just becomes a real slugfest... the manager gets ejected, as well as Christiano Ronaldo for that kick to Gabi Fernandez's face.

I freaking hate Real Madrid.

No <3 for the Royals? :giggle:

Atletico takes the Copa.

Ancelotti has asked to leave PSG to join Real Madrid.

Mogulseeker
05-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Champions Cup just kicked off, if anyone is unaware. Tune into Fox if you want to see the two best club teams in the world go at it for the Champions Cup.

Kid A
05-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Robben gets some redemption after a string of brutal losses in the UEFA Final and World Cup. Easy guy to hate, but he finally got one on net when it counted. Really fun final.

elsid13
05-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Good game

Kid A
05-25-2013, 02:57 PM
http://i.minus.com/iWhxmuYOFY25R.gif

http://i.minus.com/ifW43yRU3nEr6.gif

SonOfLe-loLang
05-25-2013, 03:03 PM
what's up with you? Why would you take the dutch over espana that game? Spaniards were rolling leading up to the WC, and it was their destiny to finally win one.

The dam? Young eastern euro hookers, excellent booze, and all the vices any man could want. Excellent city and very unique amongst the world.

It was one of those pick your pony pools and I picked the Dutch before the tournament started

Mogulseeker
05-25-2013, 04:05 PM
That was an amazing game. Very high level of play, a ton of chances and a ton of amazing saves.

Wish Dortmund could have pulled it off thought.

McDman
05-29-2013, 06:06 PM
USA! USA! USA!

elsid13
05-29-2013, 08:02 PM
USA! USA! USA!

unfortunately they are getting whipped tonight.

jerseyboiler120
05-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Whipped again. Very difficult to comprehend why we're never a real good team. Been watching more than anyone I know since '86 and don't notice an overall shift in our performances.

gyldenlove
05-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Whipped again. Very difficult to comprehend why we're never a real good team. Been watching more than anyone I know since '86 and don't notice an overall shift in our performances.

USA is like Denmark, they will do well against the not so good teams and they will play the real top teams really tough and they will win some games against top teams. The depth and talent level just isn't quite there to be a consistent top team.

Atwater His Ass
05-30-2013, 06:43 AM

Ummm really? It's because the US has almost zero talent.

I'm sorry, but MLS is a joke and doesn't do well enough at all to foster and develop young talent. The college system is horrible at developing talent; that system just doesn't work for soccer like it does other sports in America.

I admire what Klinsmann is trying to do, he just doesn't have the players to do it with. When the biggest positive for your team is work ethic, it's another way of saying you don't have any real good players.

Also, Belgium is a pretty stacked team. Take a look at what league most of their players are playing in. They have big time players in big time leagues. The best the US can compare with is Dempsey at Spurs and Bradley at Roma, which are two teams that don't compete for their domestic league title and would absolutely estatic to win a champion's league berth.

Anyway, I'm really bashing on the US team, it's just soccer isn't a priority for America...I've said it before, it's at most, a 3rd tier sport and doesn't attract the best athletes and MLS doesn't do good enough at scouting, developing, and providing advantages (i.e., education) young kids that show talent.

Ray Finkle
05-30-2013, 07:10 AM
Ummm really? It's because the US has almost zero talent.

I'm sorry, but MLS is a joke and doesn't do well enough at all to foster and develop young talent. The college system is horrible at developing talent; that system just doesn't work for soccer like it does other sports in America.

I admire what Klinsmann is trying to do, he just doesn't have the players to do it with. When the biggest positive for your team is work ethic, it's another way of saying you don't have any real good players.

Also, Belgium is a pretty stacked team. Take a look at what league most of their players are playing in. They have big time players in big time leagues. The best the US can compare with is Dempsey at Spurs and Bradley at Roma, which are two teams that don't compete for their domestic league title and would absolutely estatic to win a champion's league berth.

Anyway, I'm really bashing on the US team, it's just soccer isn't a priority for America...I've said it before, it's at most, a 3rd tier sport and doesn't attract the best athletes and MLS doesn't do good enough at scouting, developing, and providing advantages (i.e., education) young kids that show talent.

bolded for effect!

Belgium is a really good team.

The US was missing a few players and had a bunch of green players on the back end (notice the first 3 goals).

In the US, basketball, football, hockey, baseball, and lacrosse take a greater importance to the youths. Other countries, soccer is everything.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Not bad today!

Kid A
06-02-2013, 02:36 PM
USAAAAA. Shorthanded German team or not, that's still a nice one on the resume.

http://i.minus.com/ibjIqb9Rts0BTy.gif

jerseyboiler120
06-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Today was great!

jerseyboiler120
06-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Anyone know where tonight's game against Jamaica is on tv?

LetsGoBroncos
06-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Anyone know where tonight's game against Jamaica is on tv?

BeIn Sport. 620 on Directv

jerseyboiler120
06-07-2013, 07:11 PM
BeIn Sport. 620 on Directv

Thanks

Kid A
06-07-2013, 07:21 PM
No excuse to not get 7 points out of these next 3 games.

Granted, on the road at Jamaica followed by flying cross continent to Seattle for a game 4-days later is no picnic.

Kid A
06-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Well, that was...something. From ****ting away 2 points to a clutch win in 60 seconds.

McDman
06-07-2013, 09:51 PM
I almost cried.

jerseyboiler120
06-07-2013, 09:56 PM
No kidding. Nuts. Mejico still tied.

Kid A
06-11-2013, 09:35 PM
lol mexico. Can't score on anyone right now.

This, on the other hand, very pretty.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2771537/usagoal2_medium.gif

Kid A
06-18-2013, 09:08 PM
USMNT basically a lock for Brazil now. Not a beautiful performance tonight, but got full points out of 3 games. Very nice!

Conklin
06-27-2013, 03:23 PM
bump...this italia v espana match is insanely tight!

Smiling Assassin27
06-27-2013, 03:56 PM
5 more minutes and Spain would've broken through. Italy played aggressively but ran out of gas and gacked the penalty kick.

Tim
06-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Spain had so many opportunities to win that right before time expired

Mogulseeker
08-01-2013, 12:47 PM
MLS got humiliated by Roma last night. It was a thing of beauty to watch Roma play, though.

Michael Bradley will be the key for USMNT moving forward.

In other news... MLS is going to expand from its current 19 teams to 24 teams in 2020. They've already committed to a new team in New York for 2014.

...and it looks like the successful Florida club team, the Orlando City Pirates, will be promoted to MLS in 2015.

ludo21
08-01-2013, 12:56 PM
MLS got humiliated by Roma last night. It was a thing of beauty to watch Roma play, though.

In other news... MLS is going to expand from its current 19 teams to 24 teams in 2020. They've already committed to a new team in New York for 2014.

...and it looks like the successful Florida club team, the Orlando City Pirates, will be promoted to MLS in 2015.

Phoenix FC is all over my Facebook and Twitter, I hope they can be included as well

LetsGoBroncos
08-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Phoenix FC is all over my Facebook and Twitter, I hope they can be included as well

I live in Phoenix. That would be awesome

DivineLegion
08-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Any Maners play Top Eleven?

SonOfLe-loLang
08-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Holy Jozy!

Anyone else getting really optimistic about WC 2014? Could we sneak into the semis?

elsid13
08-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Holy Jozy!

Anyone else getting really optimistic about WC 2014? Could we sneak into the semis?

We played second level talent up to now, except Belgium (who is my dark horse to win the WC). It will depend on the draw if we make it to the knock out stage.

Kid A
08-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Holy Jozy!

Jozy today. Good lord. Bradley too. World Cup is almost a year away, but the form a refreshed Donovan showed in the Gold Cup, Dempsey, and the crew we saw today—it's easily the most potent attack we've had since...ever.

Even Aron Johannsson fresh off the plane from Iceland looked really dangerous. It would be impossible to overstate how big for this team it would be if Jozy remains a consistent, deadly finisher heading into the WC. Hopefully a big year ahead for him at Sunderland.

McDman
08-14-2013, 09:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AXOuCdr.gif

maven
08-14-2013, 09:29 PM

Miami should get a team. Hopefully it will do better than the 1st one.

maven
08-14-2013, 09:31 PM
We played second level talent up to now, except Belgium (who is my dark horse to win the WC). It will depend on the draw if we make it to the knock out stage.

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Not+sure+if+serious+_4b926259973f40586f814af68d1dc 959.jpg

maven
08-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Anyone planning to attend the World Cup?

maven
08-14-2013, 09:37 PM
How's your team doing leading to the World Cup?

France will most likely play in the runners-up group. Seeding will take place Oct. 21. Matches will take place in November.

Allez les bleus!

s0phr0syne
08-14-2013, 09:37 PM
great game! Enjoyed the second half obvi.

Interesting choice to start with the 3 mids in the first half...were they trying to play Mix right under the striker in a Dempsey-esque role? Doesn't seem to fit his skill set.

Jermaine looked f**king clueless out there in the first half (what little I saw), but didn't have any major errors in the 2nd. Like others have already said, Bradley is boss in the midfield, whether he's playing the defensive pivot or the creative mid role, doesn't matter, he just takes care of business. I'd be interested to see Mix get another shot alongside Bradley without Jones (but with Dempsey or Donovan) before ruling him out of future top XI.

Mogulseeker
08-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Anyone planning to attend the World Cup?

Certainly not this former porn star:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6WvF0TQ5Dag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kinda hard to take her seriously considering how many people have seen the above girl take a butt-ramming.

maven
08-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Certainly not this former porn star:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6WvF0TQ5Dag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kinda hard to take her seriously considering how many people have seen the above girl take a butt-ramming.

This video sucks dick.

I have a couple of plans lined up next year. One will include the World Cup, one will not. Plan was to include Brasil/Argentina. Will know as it gets closer.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-14-2013, 10:35 PM
This video sucks dick.

I have a couple of plans lined up next year. One will include the World Cup, one will not. Plan was to include Brasil/Argentina. Will know as it gets closer.

I was told by a couple Brazilian friends specifically to stay away. They predict ****show. And Russia and Qatar don't sound much better. Maybe one day I'll go!

maven
08-14-2013, 10:55 PM
I was told by a couple Brazilian friends specifically to stay away. They predict ****show. And Russia and Qatar don't sound much better. Maybe one day I'll go!

Right now I have a nonstop flight down there. As mentioned, I plan to hit up Brasil/Argentina along with the WC. Russia/Qatar? I really doubt I'd head there. Russia would somewhat interest me, but not at that time of year. Qatar? No way am I interested. Horrible site location. So that leaves 2026 and who knows where that will be/so far into the future. I think this is my best chance right now to attend the games.

maven
08-14-2013, 10:58 PM
To add, I heard a lot of brothels/hookers are practicing English. Should help when I'm down there.

Mogulseeker
08-14-2013, 11:06 PM
I think the US is probably the best it has ever been with Dempsey, Donovan, Bradley, Jozy, Howard....

Still I can't see them making past the sweet 16.... and I would be ecstatic if they made it there.

maven
08-14-2013, 11:08 PM
And to Spiralism and Swedish, nice photos back on the other page. Very cool.

Mogulseeker
08-14-2013, 11:09 PM
This video sucks dick.

This is actually one of the only videos featuring her that doesn't feature her (literally) sucking dick.

maven
08-14-2013, 11:15 PM
I think the US is probably the best it has ever been with Dempsey, Donovan, Bradley, Jozy, Howard....

Still I can't see them making past the sweet 16.... and I would be ecstatic if they made it there.

It depends on seeding and pairings.

They really had a chance against Ghana and should've moved to the quarters in 2010.

WC in 10 months.

:egbgb::strong::egbgb::strong::egbgb:

maven
08-14-2013, 11:17 PM
This is actually one of the only videos featuring her that doesn't feature her (literally) sucking dick.

Ha! I know. I guess she is transitioning in careers or whatever. There are problems everywhere. Shouldn't hold someone back for wanting to go or experience life.

Mogulseeker
08-14-2013, 11:36 PM
It depends on seeding and pairings.

They really had a chance against Ghana and should've moved to the quarters in 2010.

WC in 10 months.

:egbgb::strong::egbgb::strong::egbgb:

I reviewed my prior statement by going back and looking at the current FIFA rankings...

To be honest, I don't think there are 15 teams in the world that a definitively better than the US. Maybe 11-12....

Spain, Argentina, Brazil, England, Germany, Italy, France, Netherlands, Portugal, Colombia, definitely... but the rest of them I think the US could take on a good day.

maven
08-14-2013, 11:56 PM
I reviewed my prior statement by going back and looking at the current FIFA rankings...

To be honest, I don't think there are 15 teams in the world that a definitively better than the US. Maybe 11-12....

Spain, Argentina, Brazil, England, Germany, Italy, France, Netherlands, Portugal, Colombia, definitely... but the rest of them I think the US could take on a good day.

We still have qualifiers, etc. Heck, my team the French could get bounced in the runners-up. Lots of time left. Current rankings.

Rnk Team Pts
1 Spain 1484
2 Germany 1257
3 Colombia 1219
4 Argentina 1210
5 Netherlands 1165
6 Italy 1142
7 Portugal 1099
8 Croatia 1098
9 Brazil 1089
10 Belgium 1079
11 Greece 1038
12 Uruguay 998
13 Bosnia-Herzegovina 995
14 England 994
15 Switzerland 987
16 Russia 979
17 Ecuador 972
18 Côte d'Ivoire 962
19 USA 960
20 Mexico 879
21 Chile 871
22 Peru 855
23 France 838
24 Ghana 830
25 Norway 801
26 Czech Republic 797
27 Denmark 788
28 Montenegro 774
28 Ukraine 774
30 Sweden 765

Blighty
08-15-2013, 04:44 AM
I doubt the US will be so lucky as to be drawn against some woeful outfit like England again and end up going into the knockouts as a group winner. Last 16 at best is where I'd place USA.

Will be quite amusing if England get knocked out in the qualification stage. It's a distinct possibility as Ukraine have a game in hand and two games against UEFA's version of the Raiders, San Marino.

dictionary
08-15-2013, 06:19 AM
Jermaine looked ****ing clueless out there in the first half (what little I saw), but didn't have any major errors in the 2nd. Like others have already said, Bradley is boss in the midfield, whether he's playing the defensive pivot or the creative mid role, doesn't matter, he just takes care of business. I'd be interested to see Mix get another shot alongside Bradley without Jones (but with Dempsey or Donovan) before ruling him out of future top XI.

Agreed on the Jermaine bit--dude hasn't looked good since the concussion. And, when Jermaine is out Bradley seems to fall into more of a Prilo-esque type central midfielder, which more than often creates scoring chances. If you haven't already read it, I recommend the deadspin article on Bradley--good read: http://deadspin.com/americas-most-important-soccer-player-conquers-the-old-1113369327.

ZachKC
08-16-2013, 02:19 AM

I pretty much agree with this.

ZachKC
08-16-2013, 02:21 AM

The only one who got humiliated was Corey Ashe.

Orlando City is as good as in...Miami will not be far away either...

SleepingTiger
08-16-2013, 11:45 AM

I'm not sure on this. Uruguay, Japan, Korea, Belgium, Greece, Croatia, Russia, Nigeria, Cameroon. Hell, any team that qualifies for the Euro Cup is better than the US.

I still question the US back four especially the CB, i think their lack of international experience will hurt them at the end.

However, we never looked better with the front four. Wow, that new kid has a great first touch, very composed and he isn't shy to shoot. The first US striker that can take on a defender 1 on 1 and create for himself. He is our second best striker. Please don't remind me of Eddie Johnson or Herculez (both are poachers and can't create crap for them self). I can still see Eddie doing five or six clumsy step overs yet the defender is still in front of him, he will eventually dribble to the corner and loose the ball. Herculez gets no respect from the refs. the guy gets abused in the box and will never draw a foul or penalty. i rather have Alex Morgan... at least she is good eye candy.

we should play 4-4-2 all the time.

---------Altidore - Aron-------------
Donovan - Jones - Bradley - Dempsey
Zusi - Besler - Gonzales - Cherundolo
-------------Howard----------------

elsid13
08-16-2013, 11:50 AM
I don't see advantage playing Dempsey as wing/RM. I rather have him playing in CF position and Altidore playing as ST.

Houshyamama
08-16-2013, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure on this. Uruguay, Japan, Korea, Belgium, Greece, Croatia, Russia, Nigeria, Cameroon. Hell, any team that qualifies for the Euro Cup is better than the US.

LOL

SleepingTiger
08-16-2013, 05:12 PM
LOL

maybe im pushing it a little, but they play a very fast pace game which is exiting and fun to watch. Let see how we finish on the qualifiers. I think that game vs Mexico might be a loss. Clearly they have a more talented team, they just lack a manager who can put it all together.

McDman
08-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Jozy looked pretty good today in his debut.

ZachKC
08-18-2013, 12:41 AM
Some nice goals in MLS this weekend.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jhUJHKix070" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mogulseeker
08-18-2013, 12:44 AM
Cololrado Rapids look like a possible title contender in MLS this year.

TomServo
08-18-2013, 01:28 AM
New York Cosmos with Pele? Beckam in LA? Damn, soccers gonna take off in the US aint it? Soccer will Never catch on in the usa. Never. Those funny Ads on NBC are true. Ties? no Playoffs? Diving?
Kids in those poor countrys can play futbal with a goat head thats why they play soccer. its cheap. No pads, No helmet, just a freakin goat head.

McDman
08-18-2013, 01:33 AM
New York Cosmos with Pele? Beckam in LA? Damn, soccers gonna take off in the US aint it? Soccer will Never catch on in the usa. Never. Those funny Ads on NBC are true. Ties? no Playoffs? Diving?
Kids in those poor countrys can play futbal with a goat head thats why they play soccer. its cheap. No pads, No helmet, just a freakin goat head.

Haha, ok.

ZachKC
08-18-2013, 06:16 AM
Cololrado Rapids look like a possible title contender in MLS this year.

The win over the Whitecaps was a huge one for them. They are having a good run and snuck up on a ton of people in the west.

ZachKC
08-18-2013, 06:18 AM
Bad game for the Sounders. Nice goal.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tEaWmJI9xQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

elsid13
08-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Chelsea has such wealth of young talent in the Midfield.

maven
09-06-2013, 11:09 PM
US MNT falls in Costa Rica in a World Cup Qualifyer.

da ****?

http://www.ussoccer.com/news/mens-national-team/2013/09/130906-mnt-v-crc-match-report.aspx

maven
09-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Current Standings:

HEXAGONAL

TEAM GP W L T GF GA DIFF. Pts.
CRC 7 4 1 2 10 4 +6 14
USA 7 4 2 1 8 6 +2 13
HON 7 3 3 1 8 8 0 10
MEX 7 1 1 5 4 4 0 8
PAN 7 1 2 4 5 7 -2 7
JAM 7 0 4 3 2 8 -6 3

Kid A
09-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Current Standings:

HEXAGONAL

TEAM GP W L T GF GA DIFF. Pts.
CRC 7 4 1 2 10 4 +6 14
USA 7 4 2 1 8 6 +2 13
HON 7 3 3 1 8 8 0 10
MEX 7 1 1 5 4 4 0 8
PAN 7 1 2 4 5 7 -2 7
JAM 7 0 4 3 2 8 -6 3

Losing to Costa Rica on the road is excusable, but boy did last night go as bad as it possibly could. Losing Michael Bradley in warmups to injury seemed to send the team into chaos for the first half, then the decided to handicap themselves for the Mexico game Tuesday by getting Cameron, Besler and Altidore all suspended from it by picking up second yellow cards. Altidore, especially, was dumb dumb dumb. Final seconds of a game that was decided and he knocks over a guy right in front of a ref—it was like he didn't want to play Tuesday intentionally.

Kid A
09-10-2013, 09:26 PM
We are going to Brazil!

Mexico is going...to Auckland. If they're lucky.

McDman
09-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Huge win.

Also, I hate Dempsey. He is my least favorite player. He dives constabtly, doesnxt hustle, and is a joke. Why does he insist on taking PKs? He is miserable at them. It's like he has something to prove. ****ing man up and let LD take them. ****.

maven
09-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Huge win.

Also, I hate Dempsey. He is my least favorite player. He dives constabtly, doesnxt hustle, and is a joke. Why does he insist on taking PKs? He is miserable at them. It's like he has something to prove. ****ing man up and let LD take them. ****.

Congrats to the USMNT to qualify for the World Cup. Huge victory with the Honduras/Panama tie.

They will play in Brasil. Congrats team. Hats off to ya. World Cup is coming around the corner.

ColoradoDarin
09-11-2013, 06:26 AM
Huge win.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/dhaus5650/130726GifBattle-Dempsey_zpsdff43239.gif

ColoradoDarin
09-11-2013, 06:27 AM
Qualified! Bring on the world!

Smiling Assassin27
09-11-2013, 08:17 AM
And to do it with a 2-0 shellacking of Mexico makes it even sweeter. Nice to see the Mexicans struggle. Those fans should be piss bombing their own team these days.

maven
09-20-2013, 03:01 AM
World Cup 2022, in Qatar, played in January?

World Cup 2022: Uefa members back winter tournament in Qatar

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24160879

SonOfLe-loLang
09-20-2013, 09:11 AM
World Cup 2022, in Qatar, played in January?

World Cup 2022: Uefa members back winter tournament in Qatar

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24160879

So ****ing dumb. It just shouldn't be in Qatar period

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2013, 10:18 AM
USA sharing the division with Germany, Portugal, and Ghana. Oof.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Such a ****ty draw

crush17
12-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Sorry for creating the other thread, forgot about this one.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Such a ****ty draw

not quite slovenia, england, and algeria...ugh

Houshyamama
12-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Such a ****ty draw

Indeed. Ghana has our number. Then there's Cristiano Ronaldo. Plus this little country called Germany. Oh well.

ludo21
12-06-2013, 10:29 AM
ugh

Almost any other Group would have been better, yeeesh. (other than D)

Garcia Bronco
12-06-2013, 10:36 AM
USA sharing the division with Germany, Portugal, and Ghana. Oof.

****...Ghana knocked us out last time...and Portugal and Germany? Oy vah...that's tough no matter who you are.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2013, 10:40 AM
****...Ghana knocked us out last time...and Portugal and Germany? Oy vah...that's tough no matter who you are.

and sadly, Ghana is the winnable game there. Portugal and Germany are gonna be real tough.

Who knows though, the US is more athletic, so maybe we can figure out how to score a major upset.

Garcia Bronco
12-06-2013, 10:42 AM
and sadly, Ghana is the winnable game there. Portugal and Germany are gonna be real tough.

Who knows though, the US is more athletic, so maybe we can figure out how to score a major upset.

I know. Last time Ghana was taking shots from near half-field trying to dump it into the box and it actually worked rather well. We'll have to get lucky and play damn near perfect to make it out of that group. I was out-of-work for that month in 10 and it was sweet to get to watch damn near every match. Looking forward to this one.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2013, 10:43 AM
I know. Last time Ghana was taking shots from near half-field trying to dump it into the box and it actually worked rather well. We'll have to get lucky and play damn near perfect to make it out of that group

The good news is I think we're a much better team than we were 4 years ago, but we really need to figure out our line up. We have some talent, but not sure how well they compliment each other as of now.

spiralism
12-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Nasty draw, some reward for great play the last two years. Mexico have it a little easier, but not much, assuming Brazil win their group, they'll struggle to beat out Croatia who are every bit as good as them and play brilliantly as a team.

I'm sorry guys though, i'd be very very surprised if USA were to advance from that group. Germany are arguably the team to beat in international football now and you can nearly guarantee they'll win the group, they won a more dificult group containing Holland, Portugal and Denmark in the euros a year ago. Would take a bad showing by Portugal to give USA any chance i feel and i'm going to back a side whose gameplan is to defend well and pass it to Ronaldo to do well.

I notice Holland (who i'll be rooting for as i used to live there) drew Spain so a rematch of the last final is going to be both side's first game...interesting.

DHallblows
12-06-2013, 11:13 AM
A couple thoughts:

1. At least we aren't Australia.

2. Ghana is a must win.

3. Portugal is beatable and very tieable.

4. I wish our travel wasn't going to be so ****ty.

5. This is the best USA side to travel to the World Cup.

6. We can make it out of this group.

spiralism
12-06-2013, 11:23 AM
A couple thoughts:

1. At least we aren't Australia.

2. Ghana is a must win.

3. Portugal is beatable and very tieable.

4. I wish our travel wasn't going to be so ****ty.

5. This is the best USA side to travel to the World Cup.

6. We can make it out of this group.

You NEED at least a draw against Portugal and then hope things will go well elsewhere. They're not all that i agree but what they are is a seriously difficult side to beat. Aside from having Ronaldo they defend better than nearly any other international side, they are extremely difficult to break down. Even Spain who have dominated the sport for 4/5 years have struggled badly to score against them. Assume Germany will get at least 7 points if not the full nine. They should be favourites to win the whole thing, only there's some question marks about their coach being able to get them over the line as they choked in the Euro semis last year. 99% chance US wont be able to beat them.

Binkythefrog
12-06-2013, 11:44 AM
You NEED at least a draw against Portugal and then hope things will go well elsewhere. They're not all that i agree but what they are is a seriously difficult side to beat. Aside from having Ronaldo they defend better than nearly any other international side, they are extremely difficult to break down. Even Spain who have dominated the sport for 4/5 years have struggled badly to score against them. Assume Germany will get at least 7 points if not the full nine. They should be favourites to win the whole thing, only there's some question marks about their coach being able to get them over the line as they choked in the Euro semis last year. 99% chance US wont be able to beat them.

In 2002 Germany beat the USA 1-0 in a game the Americans could have easily won if they had better finishing. The won the possession battle 58%-42%, outshot Germany 11-6 and very much were in the game. The USA has repeatedly shown that they can and will play up (and down as well) to the level of their competition - see the 2009 Confederations Cup. I think the team the USA will send this year is more athletic and better than in any previous year and will give Germany a decent test. I agree that a win over Germany is unlikely, but I think a draw is more likely than a lot of people would like to admit.

It seems to me that team spirit and will are thing vastly underrated in international soccer and its something the Americans have in spades. it's something the USA has to do because they just don't have the skill or athleticism of the best nations in the world like Germany. During CONCACAF qualifying you see it all the time - the other countries will emotionally fold in tough situations, resigned to their fates, but the USA always fights hard and valiantly until the end in every match. Last gasp victories in places like Jamaica and Panama, while not acknowledged outside of the US even though these are incredibly tough places to win, show the team's unbelievable will and spirit. I'm confident in the USA's chances to cause a lot of trouble in the group as no team is as mentally tough as the USA.

crush17
12-06-2013, 11:52 AM
In 2002 Germany beat the USA 1-0 in a game the Americans could have easily won if they had better finishing. The won the possession battle 58%-42%, outshot Germany 11-6 and very much were in the game. The USA has repeatedly shown that they can and will play up (and down as well) to the level of their competition - see the 2009 Confederations Cup. I think the team the USA will send this year is more athletic and better than in any previous year and will give Germany a decent test. I agree that a win over Germany is unlikely, but I think a draw is more likely than a lot of people would like to admit.

It seems to me that team spirit and will are thing vastly underrated in international soccer and its something the Americans have in spades. it's something the USA has to do because they just don't have the skill or athleticism of the best nations in the world like Germany. During CONCACAF qualifying you see it all the time - the other countries will emotionally fold in tough situations, resigned to their fates, but the USA always fights hard and valiantly until the end in every match. Last gasp victories in places like Jamaica and Panama, while not acknowledged outside of the US even though these are incredibly tough places to win, show the team's unbelievable will and spirit. I'm confident in the USA's chances to cause a lot of trouble in the group as no team is as mentally tough as the USA.

Excellent response, couldn't have said it better myself!