PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling it now. Next years Super Bowl is...

hades
01-31-2013, 06:05 AM
The Manning Bowl

This year we all thought the NFL wanted a Manning/Brady AFCCG for the ratings. Little did we realize they could care less about that. They wanted a Harbaugh Bowl for us to watch.

The fix is in, next year, the brothers won't be the coaches, it will be the QB position! Plus, Manning playing at home = win/win.

I heard this from a good source that works with Goodell, honest! :giggle:

This is my official stupid Off Season Mode post, one and done!

go_broncos
01-31-2013, 07:02 AM
Hopefully, none of the big stars retire after next season.
if it happens, Fixed league might gift SB to that player just like they are doing for Ray Lewis.

bronco militia
01-31-2013, 07:15 AM
next years SB is in New York ...brrrrrrr

ScottXray
01-31-2013, 01:04 PM
I don't think that the NFL fixes games. I do think that, probably,
some officials have.

One reason for this might be :
1. gambling forces might pay off an official or two to influence a game.
The only time this would probably come into play would be if the
sports books stand to make a significant loss if the outcome isn't
ensured. And for that reason the "fixed" game is probably not the
important piece as each game is setup for the books to essentially break even plus their vig, but rather a further game down the line, on results like
a super bowl or conference championship. ( I wonder just how much the books would have lost if Denver had made it to the AFCCG, super bowl, and or won it.) Those are the games where ODDS are given and a smaller bet can pay off in a bigger way. It would be interesting to see the books numbers on that.

There could be other reasons, but the NFL would be crazy to outright fix games, as any proof of that being revealed would absolutely KILL the leagues popularity. If gambling interests were proven to have fixed games there would be a large outcry, but Congress would then make it illegal to gamble on professional sports and the Full time officials would become a fact quickly . It could be recovered from after a few years.

Bacchus
01-31-2013, 01:19 PM
next years SB is in New York ...brrrrrrr

Denver vs Atlanta would be good!!

hambone13
01-31-2013, 01:24 PM
**** **** dick ****

Greatspirits
01-31-2013, 01:25 PM
It will be Denver and Seattle! Book it!