PDA

View Full Version : Mark Schlereth Has an Open Mic Moment

Rohirrim
01-30-2013, 06:38 AM
I like the face he makes when he portrays the reaction he got from some Broncos coaches regarding you-know-who...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/29/tim-tebow-espn-mark-schlereth_n_2577497.html

loborugger
01-30-2013, 06:42 AM
Much ado about nothing & a statement that reveals nothing not already known. Although the facial expression is fairly funny.

Smiling Assassin27
01-30-2013, 10:17 AM
Stink has a creepy Tebow infatuation. Even when in unrelated conversations, he'll stick in an anti-Tebow interjection.

MacGruder
01-30-2013, 10:19 AM
"Natural ball catcher"?

That's gotta be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.. That's about as stupid as saying someone isn't a QB based on their throwing motion. Not surprising Schlereth and the Broncos would say both. They were all fooled by Manning too... They all had their new Broncos rings picked out this season... whooops...

That One Guy
01-30-2013, 10:43 AM
"Natural ball catcher"?

That's gotta be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.. That's about as stupid as saying someone isn't a QB based on their throwing motion. Not surprising Schlereth and the Broncos would say both. They were all fooled by Manning too... They all had their new Broncos rings picked out this season... whooops...

Manning didn't win the SB. Neither did Tebow but Tebow couldn't even make it off the bench.

And as for the post, some people definitely make catching the ball look like a task and a chore. The people who can snag a ball out of the air and get it tucked away before anyone can lay a hit have a huge advantage.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-30-2013, 10:46 AM
"Natural ball catcher"?

I have to wonder if MacGruder is another poster here with a lot of time on their hands or if he's actually genuine.

I dont think Tim would make much of a TE either to be honest...i think he could do OK as a fullback, i suppose. As far as being "fooled" by Manning. The broncos should be so lucky to have that kind of season for the rest of their days

Drunk Monkey
01-30-2013, 10:52 AM
"Natural ball catcher"?

Well Teebs motion looks like moose diarrhea and his QB days are pretty much done so I guess that makes Stink's comment dead on.

ZONA
01-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Tebow will not be in the NFL when his current contract ends.

Lestat
01-30-2013, 11:06 AM
lol WTF does what Stink looked like in a Uni have to do with his potential comments about Tebow? which were true.
i mean seriously, some of these damn Tebow fans are about the dumbest in terms of football knowledge.

razorwire77
01-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Not really sure how in butt-hurt Tebow land this really constitutes an insult. Stink was relaying information informally off camera to a colleague about how the Broncos organization felt about moving Tebow to another position. Apparently, they feel he doesn't have the ability to make the switch to another offensive position.

It's not like he said screw that Holy than thou diva or something like that.

StugotsIII
01-30-2013, 04:26 PM
"Natural ball catcher"?

One could fill the Grand Canyon with what you don't know about football.

DenverBrit
01-30-2013, 04:38 PM
"Dear Lord, give me the strength to shake MacGruder from my leg, for he is obsessed and will not let go.
Smite him if you must, oh Lord, for I cannot run with that lard attached. Amen, God bless."

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJyHF4skMtsGWZEOAfSYr_DqMkmTejG 5_EzdMN8L5BMCAUcCrx

StugotsIII
01-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Nothing he said was bad...

TonyR
01-30-2013, 05:16 PM
"Natural ball catcher"?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yYeQbcSQ8CU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncsCheer
01-30-2013, 05:24 PM
That pretty much slams the door on mc****chop's post.

Lol. Well played

oubronco
01-30-2013, 05:51 PM
"Dear Lord, give me the strength to shake MacGruder from my leg, for he is obsessed and will not let go.
Smite him if you must, oh Lord, for I cannot run with that lard attached. Amen, God bless."

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJyHF4skMtsGWZEOAfSYr_DqMkmTejG 5_EzdMN8L5BMCAUcCrx

Hilarious! :notworthy

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-31-2013, 06:47 AM
"Natural ball catcher"?

Oh come on, McPooper. We've all been seeing you naturally catch Tebow's balls right in the face for months now.

Jay3
01-31-2013, 12:17 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yYeQbcSQ8CU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can't tell if serious . . . .

Crushaholic
01-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Nah. Brady Quinn would be better suited for the description "natural ball catcher"...

NTTAWWT...:P

Mogulseeker
01-31-2013, 12:53 PM
"Not a fluid enough athlete"

Tebow likes to keep his own fluids, thank you....

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Well Teebs motion looks like moose diarrhea and his QB days are pretty much done so I guess that makes Stink's comment dead on.

And Tom Brady was a 6th round pick... that shows you how valuable those kinds of evaluations are..

If you don't think you can teach someone to catch or throw the ball you better not ever be a coach of anything anywhere anytime.....

ThirtyDegrees
02-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Tebow haters have an unhealthy obsession with him. It's ****ing pathetic.

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Not really sure how in butt-hurt Tebow land this really constitutes an insult. Stink was relaying information informally off camera to a colleague about how the Broncos organization felt about moving Tebow to another position. Apparently, they feel he doesn't have the ability to make the switch to another offensive position.

It's not like he said screw that Holy than thou diva or something like that.

The same organization that thought Brady Quinn and Orton were better alternatives than Tebow... and a team with a vested interest in seeing Tebow fail.

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 11:04 AM
I have to wonder if MacGruder is another poster here with a lot of time on their hands or if he's actually genuine.

I dont think Tim would make much of a TE either to be honest...i think he could do OK as a fullback, i suppose. As far as being "fooled" by Manning. The broncos should be so lucky to have that kind of season for the rest of their days

How many seasons like that did the Colts fans have that came up for naught? I guess you guys are used to that with Elway though.. haha

SonOfLe-loLang
02-01-2013, 11:11 AM
How many seasons like that did the Colts fans have that came up for naught? I guess you guys are used to that with Elway though.. haha

MacGruder = the simplest thinker on the Mane.

Also, you do realize Peyton did win a super bowl, yeah? He dragged a lot of crappy teams on his back deep into the playoffs too. And he played well enough to win this broncos playoff game.

Your boy will probably be out of the league in a year...and not because its a big conspiracy against him.

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 11:24 AM
MacGruder = the simplest thinker on the Mane.

Also, you do realize Peyton did win a super bowl, yeah? He dragged a lot of crappy teams on his back deep into the playoffs too. And he played well enough to win this broncos playoff game.

Your boy will probably be out of the league in a year...and not because its a big conspiracy against him.

3 turnovers when he was gifted 2 TDs and losing to Flacco = played well enough? It is INCREDIBLE how having a name and repuation makes people ignore reality. Tebow set records against steelers D and was blamed for Pats loss.

Peyton was atrocious versus Ravens and everyone else gets the blame but him...

And Peyton's one superbowl win was against Rex Grossman... lol

He might have lost to Trent Dilfer.. lol

Peyton lost to Brees who people said could never win like Tebow...

SonOfLe-loLang
02-01-2013, 11:49 AM
3 turnovers when he was gifted 2 TDs and losing to Flacco = played well enough? It is INCREDIBLE how having a name and repuation makes people ignore reality. Tebow set records against steelers D and was blamed for Pats loss.

In horrid weather, he had the Broncos in position to win the game with 30 seconds left before a huge fail by the defense. Regardless of how those points were scored, though it should be noted that he lead a sweet 4th quarter go ahead drive to get there. Was he perfect? Absolutely not. Did he play well enough to win? Yes.

While re-watching the 1997 AFC championship game that Bob posted, i was shocked to recall the broncos didnt score a single point in the second half. NOT A SINGLE one...in fact, the offense was incredibly inept. Its too bad teboew wasnt around then to QB the broncos instead of elway.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-01-2013, 12:25 PM

You really are the simplest thinker on the Mane.

He had a seven point lead with 40 seconds left. You whine and cry about him "losing to Joe Flacco."

You're not smart.

Blueflame
02-01-2013, 02:40 PM
People who understand football know that it wasn't "Manning vs. Grossman" in the Super Bowl; it was "Manning vs. the Bears defense" and "Grossman vs. the Colts defense". The Bears defense that season ranked #3 in points given up and #5 in yards. The Colts defense? 23rd and 21st.

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 03:19 PM

He had a seven point lead with 40 seconds left. You whine and cry about him "losing to Joe Flacco."

You're not smart.

Have you ever seen a football game before? You aren't supposed to put a team in position to win the game like that... in today;s NFL that is setting yourself up to lose the game. If Tebow lost in that fashion NO ONE would be making excuses for him.

Remember when Tebow won they tried to explain it away exactly like how people are trying to explain the Flacco win away. Peyton had time he could have stole the game too.. Fox knew better because Manning was playing like crap the whole game and didn't look like he belonged on the field.

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 03:23 PM
People who understand football know that it wasn't "Manning vs. Grossman" in the Super Bowl; it was "Manning vs. the Bears defense" and "Grossman vs. the Colts defense". The Bears defense that season ranked #3 in points given up and #5 in yards. The Colts defense? 23rd and 21st.

Tebow was facing the Steelers D and BigBen... no one cares... Peyton was facing both... and that lessens his achievement.

Just as losing to Brees who was never supposed to be able to win a superbowl also diminishes Peyton.

Then you have him taking a FAR BETTER team than Tebow had last season and really performing worse in the post season with them. And Peyton was being coddled and Tebow was being thrown under the bus the whole time.

DENVERDUI55
02-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Tebow set records against steelers D and was blamed for Pats loss.

What record did Tebow set? Most yards on 10 completions because he is horrid at passing? If he was so great why did he only fetch a 4th round pick?

TDmvp
02-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Stop trying to have a actual conversation with this moron ...

A dircted energy weapon was used and I think a form of gravity control

Do you know what resonant energy is? Did you know the Twin Towers were built as two giant tuning forks? And that the outer shell of both buildings was covered with a tuning fork like structure that ran the entire height of the building.

Did you now that the Twin towers had an incredible number of similarities with the Egyptian pyramids built into them.. they were three times the height.. had the same footprint and their perimeter was exactly twice the circumference.. did you also know the pyramids used some kind of resonant energy technology? And the Freemasons are derived from Egypt?

Don't argue with retards ... and especially tuning fork retards.

Blueflame
02-01-2013, 04:11 PM
It's a simple concept... it's offense vs. defense; not offense vs. opposing offense (it's impossible to be "against" a unit that isn't even on the field at the same time). If the visiting team's offense scores points, that's on the home team's defense (y'know... the guys who were on the field when it happened).

ThirtyDegrees
02-01-2013, 04:20 PM

You're not smart.

Yo, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Trindon Holliday had more to do with that seven point lead than nancy noodle arm did.

ThirtyDegrees
02-01-2013, 04:21 PM
What record did Tebow set? Most yards on 10 completions because he is horrid at passing? If he was so great why did he only fetch a 4th round pick?

Yo I don't know, if Russell Wilson is so great why did he only fetch a third round pick?

NFL executives are pretty stupid all told.

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 05:57 PM

Why was Tom Brady a 6th round pick? Why were Russel Wilson and Kaepernick picked so low? Now everyone says Kaepernick is a god.. lol Why was Mike Vick riding the bench behind whats-his-name on the Eagles before he was injured... then people said he would dominate the NFL now he stinks again? lol

Why are Flacco and Kaeprnick in the superbowl over Brady and Peyton? hahah

Tebow was also only one of 2 QBs I believe with 50 yards rushing and 300 yards passing. In NFL history..

SonOfLe-loLang
02-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Yo, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Trindon Holliday had more to do with that seven point lead than nancy noodle arm did.

"Nancy Noodle Arm" still threw for 3 td's and had a 100 rating going into OT.

Yeah, he's ****ing horrible.

GTFO

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Stop trying to have a actual conversation with this moron ...

Don't argue with retards ... and especially tuning fork retards.

lol... if you only knew what I have discovered and will reveal soon...

You are mocking me yet you are the one who has no clue what is going on...

SonOfLe-loLang
02-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Why was Tom Brady a 6th round pick? Why were Russel Wilson and Kaepernick picked so low? Now everyone says Kaepernick is a god.. lol Why was Mike Vick riding the bench behind whats-his-name on the Eagles before he was injured... then people said he would dominate the NFL now he stinks again? lol

Why are Flacco and Kaeprnick in the superbowl over Brady and Peyton? hahah

Tebow was also only one of 2 QBs I believe with 50 yards rushing and 300 yards passing. In NFL history..

It helps when you throw against a cover zero. Yeah, yeah..."inverted zone," blah blah. He was throwing against a defense that had no interest in stopping the pass. And this isn't because Tebow was such a great run threat. They just didnt believe he could throw. And when he did (and he did a good job throwing agianst this ****ty defense), they refused to adjust and, instead, in OT, put 11 guys at the line of scrimmage on first and 10.

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 06:02 PM
"Nancy Noodle Arm" still threw for 3 td's and had a 100 rating going into OT.

Yeah, he's ****ing horrible.

GTFO

How many points did Mr Passer rating give to the other team? Blinded by meaningless numbers...

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 06:04 PM
It helps when you throw against a cover zero. Yeah, yeah..."inverted zone," blah blah. He was throwing against a defense that had no interest in stopping the pass. And this isn't because Tebow was such a great run threat. They just didnt believe he could throw. And when he did (and he did a good job throwing agianst this ****ty defense), they refused to adjust and, instead, in OT, put 11 guys at the line of scrimmage on first and 10.

He wasn't a great run threat? The Broncos were the number one running team in the NFL and Tebow didn't even play the full season./ Did you see McGahee try to run the ball this season? They had tot totally change the offense to get him to produce.

And Tebow could not have made the Broncos so great running the ball if he couldn't pass.

peacepipe
02-01-2013, 06:16 PM
He wasn't a great run threat? The Broncos were the number one running team in the NFL and Tebow didn't even play the full season./ Did you see McGahee try to run the ball this season? They had tot totally change the offense to get him to produce.

And Tebow could not have made the Broncos so great running the ball if he couldn't pass.
When all you do is run the ball,your running stats are going to improve greatly. If tebow could throw the ball,they wouldn't have run as much.

DENVERDUI55
02-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Yo I don't know, if Russell Wilson is so great why did he only fetch a third round pick?

NFL executives are pretty stupid all told.

Wilson wouldn't fetch a 3rd now. It was all on his size and he proved in the pros he can play. TT not so much. Don't you think a young QB if NFL GM's thought had potential to be good to great would give up a 2nd or higher pick? What do you think Wilson would snatch now? 2 1st rd picks probably.

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 06:38 PM
When all you do is run the ball,your running stats are going to improve greatly. If tebow could throw the ball,they wouldn't have run as much.

That is totally FALSE... Fox ran so much to protect the D.. why do you think the D collapsed with Peyton throwing the ball so much?

Look at Camp Bailey... he played like garbage. Tebow runing the ball so much and domianting teams without turning the ball over protected his aging defense. When Fox opened the offense up with Tebow the D would instantly collapse.

It's so hilarious too because someone said I was simple... yet people aren't looking at the ramifications of the two different QBs.. fluff passing numbers are fool's gold. You can't risk throwing the ball around like that in the playoffs... one bonehead play and there goes your season.

And people wonder why Tebow plays the way he does.. he can control his career where as pure passers cannot... their success is in the hands of everyone around them.

This is also why players love playing with Peyton though.. because he pads their stats where Tebow doesn't... but the down side is he has to rely on them...

DENVERDUI55
02-01-2013, 06:39 PM

Willis was on pace for 1200 yards or so. What do you mean he couldn't run?

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Wilson wouldn't fetch a 3rd now. It was all on his size and he proved in the pros he can play. TT not so much. Don't you think a young QB if NFL GM's thought had potential to be good to great would give up a 2nd or higher pick? What do you think Wilson would snatch now? 2 1st rd picks probably.

Yeah but Wilson played on a excellent team with an excellent offensive coach... Tebow played on the worst team in the NFL and was thrown under the bus by a terrible coach. Then he went to the Jets where they were just as stupid if not worse.

Put Tebow on that same Seahawks team and I wouldn't be surprised if he took them to the superbowl. They were better than the Broncos in every facet.

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Willis was on pace for 1200 yards or so. What do you mean he couldn't run?

He wasn't running conventionally this season.. Willis got all his yards off Peyton dinking and dunking to him because he couldn't get going running the ball.

And that was all generated by the no huddle offense which Fox wouldn't let Tebow run because the D collapsed before they got Del Rio...

DENVERDUI55
02-01-2013, 06:45 PM
That is totally FALSE... Fox ran so much to protect the D.. why do you think the D collapsed with Peyton throwing the ball so much?

Look at Camp Bailey... he played like garbage. Tebow runing the ball so much and domianting teams without turning the ball over protected his aging defense. When Fox opened the offense up with Tebow the D would instantly collapse.

It's so hilarious too because someone said I was simple... yet people aren't looking at the ramifications of the two different QBs.. fluff passing numbers are fool's gold. You can't risk throwing the ball around like that in the playoffs... one bonehead play and there goes your season.

And people wonder why Tebow plays the way he does.. he can control his career where as pure passers cannot... their success is in the hands of everyone around them.

This is also why players love playing with Peyton though.. because he pads their stats where Tebow doesn't... but the down side is he has to rely on them...

LOL Sometimes I wonder if you have even watched Tebow or Manning play very much. Tebow will be out of the league soon what will your excuse be then? You really believe the Broncos were a better team with Teblow as their QB?

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 07:41 PM
LOL Sometimes I wonder if you have even watched Tebow or Manning play very much. Tebow will be out of the league soon what will your excuse be then? You really believe the Broncos were a better team with Teblow as their QB?

With this team absolutely. He could fill in where the Broncos had weaknesses.. PLUS he has the physical toughness to handle the burden. Peyton in his prime may not have been able to handle the load he would have to carry on the Broncos. Now he makes up for it by being a great offensive coordinator... but in the playoffs that can't save him. Every year gets worse for Peyton as he gets older and the NFL gets more athletic, too.

With Tebow you guys could have at the very least been building for something.. right now all you are doing is padding Elway's regular season wins column which will just make him all the harder to get rid of. Your franchise is probably doomed now for a decade...

Also.. with the track record Elway is getting dicking people over and controlling everything who is going to want to come coach for him? Another retread like Fox? That's about the best you can hope for. No one is going to want to carry Elway and have him get all the credit doing his old spice commercials...

Tombstone RJ
02-01-2013, 08:16 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xSP_Zs7Nr7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

extralife
02-01-2013, 08:49 PM
He wasn't running conventionally this season.. Willis got all his yards off Peyton dinking and dunking to him because he couldn't get going running the ball.

I wasn't aware you were allowed to accrue rushing statistics after the quarterback passes the ball to you.

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 10:47 PM
I wasn't aware you were allowed to accrue rushing statistics after the quarterback passes the ball to you.

If Willis was running so effectively then why were the Broncos unable to win games early on until they switched to the no huddle?

The no-huddle generated the run game... and even then the run game was only 16th in the league.. Peyton went to the team and made them a WORSE rushing team...

In the Ravens game they were out-rushed by them...

SonOfLe-loLang
02-01-2013, 10:59 PM
If Willis was running so effectively then why were the Broncos unable to win games early on until they switched to the no huddle?

The no-huddle generated the run game... and even then the run game was only 16th in the league.. Peyton went to the team and made them a WORSE rushing team...

In the Ravens game they were out-rushed by them...

So, ok, now the goal of the NFL is to lead the league in rushing. What was the total Broncos offense ranked this year, what was it ranked last year?

I'll wait while you look it up.

I look forward to your spin about how Del Rio is a great D-coordinator and the entire world was afraid of Trindon Holliday so they let the Broncos score on offense because...i dont even know why.

DBroncos4life
02-01-2013, 11:07 PM
Tebow is going to be replaced by a 300 pound QB that was out of football. He is that ****ing bad.

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 11:39 PM
So, ok, now the goal of the NFL is to lead the league in rushing. What was the total Broncos offense ranked this year, what was it ranked last year?

I'll wait while you look it up.

I look forward to your spin about how Del Rio is a great D-coordinator and the entire world was afraid of Trindon Holliday so they let the Broncos score on offense because...i dont even know why.

Everyone knows running wins in the playoffs... high passing offenses are only successful in the regular season.

If you can be a dominant running team you take it.. much more so than passing... If the Broncos could have been a dominant running team they'd have done it...

MacGruder
02-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Tebow is going to be replaced by a 300 pound QB that was out of football. He is that ****ing bad.

Yes.. no one knows quarterbacks better than the Jets... we should all care what they think. They know less about QBs than John Fox... That's bad... beyond bad.

DBroncos4life
02-01-2013, 11:53 PM
True story the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th and 8th leading rushing team lost in the playoffs. Also Tebow is done in the NFL thank ****ing god. Hilarious!

MacGruder
02-02-2013, 03:58 AM
True story the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th and 8th leading rushing team lost in the playoffs. Also Tebow is done in the NFL thank ****ing god. Hilarious!

The 49ers changed their style of play mid season... Kaepernick and Gore put up something like 340 yards rushing and Kaepernick rushed for more yards than any QB in any playoff game ever and beat a pure pocket passer in Matty Ice in the playoffs. Just like the Ravens beat the Broncos running the ball as well. The Pats also a weak rushing team.

The whole option offensive movement is generated by running... the Seahawks didn't move that direction fully until later in the season too. And they were tearing teams apart offensively..

CEH
02-02-2013, 06:50 AM
And RGIII has a serious knee injury in his rookie year. The option offense will not go away but these running QB will soon learn you need to throw the ball from the pocket and compliment the option offense

Tebow is too slow to run the pistol and can't throw from the pocket

Kap and Wilson has shown they can throw from the pocket

With RGIII, jury is still out after his knee injury will take away some of his running effectiveness and the skinny post will not be there on 1st and 2nd down.

DENVERDUI55
02-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Everyone knows running wins in the playoffs... high passing offenses are only successful in the regular season.

If you can be a dominant running team you take it.. much more so than passing... If the Broncos could have been a dominant running team they'd have done it...

No you don't high QB play and defense wins.

DENVERDUI55
02-02-2013, 07:27 AM
The 49ers changed their style of play mid season... Kaepernick and Gore put up something like 340 yards rushing and Kaepernick rushed for more yards than any QB in any playoff game ever and beat a pure pocket passer in Matty Ice in the playoffs. Just like the Ravens beat the Broncos running the ball as well. The Pats also a weak rushing team.

The whole option offensive movement is generated by running... the Seahawks didn't move that direction fully until later in the season too. And they were tearing teams apart offensively..

LOL New England was a great running team this year. Your right about the whole spread offense the thing is Tebow doesn't throw well enough to play in the NFL. That is a fact and he is going to bounce around until he bounces out of the league for a few years.

CEH
02-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Tebow had ribs issues this year and didn't even play. In 2011 he would not have been able to play the next game if the team had beaten the Pats due to a serious chest contusion

Tebow will never make it in the NFL just on his injury susceptibility due to the fact he can't throw and runs around a lot to compensate for his lack of reading NFL defenses

I bet if he plays TE he will still have injury issues ala Nate Jackson

peacepipe
02-02-2013, 08:39 AM
LOL New England was a great running team this year. Your right about the whole spread offense the thing is Tebow doesn't throw well enough to play in the NFL. That is a fact and he is going to bounce around until he bounces out of the league for a few years.

I don't disagree with what your saying,but I believe his career in the NFL is essentially already over. With his rabid fan base & questionable ability to move to another position, I don't see any team taking a chance on him. His best & only chance was Jacksonville,which 86'd the idea. There's a very slim chance that a team may take a chance,if tebow switches positions,but even that is unlikely.

rbackfactory80
02-02-2013, 09:31 AM

You make great points all through this thread but the fact is Denver's defense is just not ready for primetime. If we ran it great we would still get gashed by Flacco. They came in to win that game, we played scared.

TheReverend
02-02-2013, 09:39 AM
And RGIII has a serious knee injury in his rookie year. The option offense will not go away but these running QB will soon learn you need to throw the ball from the pocket and compliment the option offense

With RGIII, jury is still out after his knee injury will take away some of his running effectiveness and the skinny post will not be there on 1st and 2nd down.

...how do you figure? PA is dependent on a run-threat, not an arbitrary down. If anything it's MORE effective on early downs.

R-Mac
02-02-2013, 09:41 AM
The Broncos were one-and-done with Manning and we're still in this Tebow thing. The Broncos should be discussing if Rahim Moore can play FS, or if Champ Bailey really is an important piece for a playoff run.

CEH
02-02-2013, 11:16 AM
...how do you figure? PA is dependent on a run-threat, not an arbitrary down. If anything it's MORE effective on early downs.
I suggested rgiiii will not be running as much and that space between the lbers and safeties will shrink
you got to admit rgiii passing tree was not that complex last year

No way shanny let's him run as much next year

MacGruder
02-03-2013, 02:26 AM

Kaep is on a great team... sure his speed looks great on a great team but on a bad team he would get destroyed.. he looks really thin. You have to remember.. a lot of these guys wouldn't even have survived in the SEC like Tebow did let alone the NFL. Tebow's problem was Fox though.. Fox HELPED the defense attack Tebow the way he played offensively.

It's so terrible Tebow gets blamed for Fox's horrific lack of ability... Same thing with Sparano and Rex..

MacGruder
02-03-2013, 02:42 AM
You make great points all through this thread but the fact is Denver's defense is just not ready for primetime. If we ran it great we would still get gashed by Flacco. They came in to win that game, we played scared.

I think it's all about windows... windows as in your team has to think long term. Look at the Giants and Packers.. they looked like world beaters recently and then they didn't.

No team is going to be perfect in this era of parity. You just have to be prepared when things come together. If the Broncos were really ready to win now then Peyton wouldn't have to carry them. And he's not capable of carrying them through the post season now... I don't know if he ever was.. now he really isn't.

I think Tebow had more of a chance because he is built to take the brutality that you have to take for a whole season these days especially carrying a less than great team. AND the Broncos could have been building for the future.. getting better.

MacGruder
02-03-2013, 02:46 AM
I don't disagree with what your saying,but I believe his career in the NFL is essentially already over. With his rabid fan base & questionable ability to move to another position, I don't see any team taking a chance on him. His best & only chance was Jacksonville,which 86'd the idea. There's a very slim chance that a team may take a chance,if tebow switches positions,but even that is unlikely.

You forget... Tebow is going to look REALLY good to people if one of their QBS goes down... especially one of these running QBs.

Plus he will always have a place on the Pats... You don't think Belichick is eyeing Tebow now with Brady getting older and the NFL turning to the option? You would show these punks how you really run that offense with a guy like Tebow.

MacGruder
02-03-2013, 02:48 AM

That's misleading man... the Pats put up so many yards in general they skew their numbers... they look much better running the ball than they really are. They are a finesse offense. Bellichick has to play that style to protect Brady especially when they are rebuilding the defense.

And again.. if Tebow does bounce around the league it's because of what Fox and Elway did to him..then the Jets too... NFL coaches and personnel are the biggest a-holes on the planet. They screw Tebow over to try to hide their own inability it seems.

TDmvp
02-03-2013, 05:03 AM
You and Gaff should so get together and fight imaginary crime Gruder .
You two would be the perfect team.

http://2waystreetpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/moron_certificate_small1.jpg

peacepipe
02-03-2013, 06:37 AM
You forget... Tebow is going to look REALLY good to people if one of their QBS goes down... especially one of these running QBs.

Plus he will always have a place on the Pats... You don't think Belichick is eyeing Tebow now with Brady getting older and the NFL turning to the option? You would show these punks how you really run that offense with a guy like Tebow.

Tom Brady getting older is the reason the pats drafted Ryan mallet. Tebow is done,

Kaylore
02-03-2013, 07:48 AM

This hasn't been true in a decade. Last year the Patriots and Giants were ranked 2nd and 4th in passing offense and 20th and dead last in rushing offense respectively. Guess which team won the Super Bowl?

The year before that neither Super Bowl team had a rushing offense in the top ten and the Packers, who won, finished with the 4th ranked passing offense and 20th ranked rushing offense.

In fact going back ten years, the overwhelming majority of super bowl teams had offenses that favored their passing game over their running game and usually by a wide margin. The few teams that had better running games all had elite defenses (Pittsburgh, Giants in '07).

So you're wrong. The running game has actually proven to be completely unnecessary and shown no help in getting to and winning playoff games ahead of a good passing game and a good defense.

DENVERDUI55
02-03-2013, 07:52 AM
That's misleading man... the Pats put up so many yards in general they skew their numbers... they look much better running the ball than they really are. .

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingAttempts/seasontype/2

Lot's of yards yes but they were #2 in attempts and one of the top rushing team that wasn't getting 500 plus yards out of the QB position. Do you ever say anything that is remotely correct?

TDmvp
02-03-2013, 09:31 AM
This hasn't been true in a decade. Last year the Patriots and Giants were ranked 2nd and 4th in passing offense and 20th and dead last in rushing offense respectively. Guess which team won the Super Bowl?

The year before that neither Super Bowl team had a rushing offense in the top ten and the Packers, who won, finished with the 4th ranked passing offense and 20th ranked rushing offense.

In fact going back ten years, the overwhelming majority of super bowl teams had offenses that favored their passing game over their running game and usually by a wide margin. The few teams that had better running games all had elite defenses (Pittsburgh, Giants in '07).

So you're wrong. The running game has actually proven to be completely unnecessary and shown no help in getting to and winning playoff games ahead of a good passing game and a good defense.

I hate to say this , as much as I love Shanny ... But You could use us during the Plummer years as a check on the side for what you are saying Kaylore.

We always was like the best running team in the game and would get beat by teams that would get us in track meets. Aka the colts in the playoffs.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Giants were ranked dead last in rushing. Won the Super Bowl. Passing wins. Game over

DENVERDUI55
02-03-2013, 11:20 AM
And again.. if Tebow does bounce around the league it's because of what Fox and Elway did to him..then the Jets too... NFL coaches and personnel are the biggest a-holes on the planet. .

What did they do besides give him a starting gig? What a joke the Teblowers are. They gave him a job he didn't deserve because they didn't have a starting QB on the roster.