PDA

View Full Version : Xanders hired in Detroit

bfoflcommish
01-28-2013, 03:12 PM
per schef

@AdamSchefter 1m
Lions announced today that they have hired Brian Xanders as Senior Personnel Executive.

TheReverend
01-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Between this and "Thanks Josh McDaniels" new... this is hilarious.

broncosteven
01-28-2013, 03:18 PM
I wonder if they had a pizza party for him?

bronco militia
01-28-2013, 03:28 PM
Bwaha

cmhargrove
01-28-2013, 03:32 PM
I wonder if they had a pizza party for him?

Maybe we can trade an XL pepperoni for Suh or Fairley?

Kaylore
01-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Waiting for Ted Sundquist to get hired by the Jags.

broncolife
01-28-2013, 03:33 PM
I guess its time to buy some pizza stocks.

CEH
01-28-2013, 03:48 PM
Back to the motherland
Home of dominos

pricejj
01-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Xanders is like the kid in middle school who would bring a John Elway rookie card to school with him, and trade it for an Eddie Murphy '87 Topps, an Al Leiter error card, and a bag of skittles.

sgbfan
01-28-2013, 04:33 PM
I guess its time to buy some pizza stocks.

Elway: what are we going to do for pizza now that Xanders is gone?

Fox: I don't know, maybe we shouldn't have rushed to fire him.

Manning: No problem, I got this boys.

Lestat
01-28-2013, 04:45 PM
lol, and Domino's is based in Detroit! this is too funny.

Cito Pelon
01-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Of course the incredibly lame and stupid pizza jokes pop up. They're not even jokes anymore, just lame and stupid comments.

OBF1
01-28-2013, 05:47 PM
per schef

@AdamSchefter 1m
Lions announced today that they have hired Brian Xanders as Senior Pizza delivery guy.

Fixed it for you. :thumbs:

orange crusher
01-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Wonder if Mr. Hindsight used the "I didn't want __________ (insert bad draft pick), I wanted _________ (insert quality pick for another team)" in the interview. "Yeah, we were on the same page when things went right, but it was all __________ (insert name) when things didn't go right."

TonyR
01-28-2013, 06:05 PM
Surprised to see some of you making fun of a Shanahan hire...

TheReverend
01-28-2013, 06:14 PM

He was hired as a capologist. He was given the GM role when McDaniels ousted Goodman Jr and his pop by association.

Lestat
01-28-2013, 06:15 PM

Shanahan the coach was good, Shanny the GM was pure crap, the best move he made was hiring the Goodmans and even they couldn't help the defense.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-28-2013, 06:29 PM
Shanahan the coach was good, Shanny the GM was pure crap, the best move he made was hiring the Goodmans and even they couldn't help the defense.

Best move shanny made was believing in Terrell Davis when others didnt.

baja
01-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Good for him

Lestat
01-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Best move shanny made was believing in Terrell Davis when others didnt.

drafting him in the 6th was nice, but if Davis doesn't bust his ass on special teams he doesn't become TD.

Bigdawg26
01-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Well I guess he can only focus on getting the pizza in Detroit!

19Morton77
01-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Back to the motherland
Home of dominos

I thought it was PIzza Pizza territory. In fact, you don't even need to buy two pizzas at Little Caesar's anymore.

19Morton77
01-28-2013, 10:07 PM
Of course the incredibly lame and stupid pizza jokes pop up. They're not even jokes anymore, just lame and stupid comments.

Don't be mad he isn't making a delivery for you now that he has moved on. Get your own damn pizza.

Aftermath
01-29-2013, 03:19 AM
I thought it was PIzza Pizza territory. In fact, you don't even need to buy two pizzas at Little Caesar's anymore.

It's both actually. Domino Farms is in Michigan and Mike Illitch(owner of Tigers/Red Wings) owns Little Caesars.

R-Mac
01-29-2013, 10:02 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1506220-lions-make-a-great-hire-in-former-broncos-gm-brian-xanders-more-nfc-north-news

Since Xanders is a former Broncos executive, I reached out to a guy who knows all there is about the team in 102.3 ESPN's Cecil Lammey.

"He's a smart guy with a great eye for talent," Lammey texted me when I reached out to get his thoughts.

Lammey says Xanders was instrumental in helping John Elway learn the personnel side of things and was a leading force in drafting Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas. Xanders also unearthed cornerback Chris Harris, who was an undrafted free agent almost nobody (including Mike Mayock) knew about in 2011's draft.

Harris had a very good 2012 and looks like he is poised to be an impact player for Denver going forward. We all know how good Thomas and Decker were this season.

bronco militia
01-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Cecil Lammey and the bleacher report...how could you go wrong

TonyR
01-29-2013, 10:40 AM
He was hired as a capologist. He was given the GM role when McDaniels ousted Goodman Jr and his pop by association.

If I'm not mistaken, Shanahan gave Xanders the title "Assistant General Manager" when he was hired. And Xanders had a lot of roles and experience in Atlanta:

Xanders was with the Falcons in various capacities from 1994 to 2007. He also worked in some overlapping positions with the salary cap management/analysis (four years), coaching staff (five years), player personnel evaluations (nine years), football analysis/research (one year), information technology (five years) and sports management (two years). http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2012/05/08/ex-falcons-exec-brian-xanders-out-in-denver/

KipCorrington25
01-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Either agreed with all of McCheat's stupid moves or sat back and said nothing with all of McCheat's stupid moves, either way this guy sucks.

TheReverend
01-29-2013, 07:48 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Shanahan gave Xanders the title "Assistant General Manager" when he was hired. And Xanders had a lot of roles and experience in Atlanta:

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2012/05/08/ex-falcons-exec-brian-xanders-out-in-denver/

Completely wrong as usual.

This time around, Herock has questioned the abilities of 37-year-old Broncos G.M. Brian Xanders, whom Herock hired in Atlanta way back in 1994.

“Brian’s never scouted on the road,” Herock told Jeff Legwold of the Rocky Mountain News, “he doesn’t have those experiences of going on the road, being at the practices, getting in there and getting to know guys. That’s his challenge. He knows the cap, he understands the cap and he knows the technology that’s used now to get the job done. His big thing will be to make the call on whether a guy can play or not and that now he has to know it all.”

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=77359&highlight=xanders

Cito Pelon
01-29-2013, 09:19 PM

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=77359&highlight=xanders

Ok, who was it that put together this group? Had to be either McD or Xanders or both, right?

Beadles
Walton
Bruton
Ayers
Moreno
Decker
DThomas
Mitch Unrein
Matt Willis
Britton Colquitt
Lance Ball
Tony Carter
Chris Clark
OC Mike McCoy
WR/QB/OC Adam Gase
RB Coach Eric Studesville

All guys that contributed to back-to-back AFC West titles.

Cito Pelon
01-29-2013, 09:58 PM
Either agreed with all of McCheat's stupid moves or sat back and said nothing with all of McCheat's stupid moves, either way this guy sucks.

Riiight. The trouble with your argument is Denver won back to back AFC West titles with players and coaches McD and Xanders brought in. Lot of TD's from guys that McD and Xanders brought in. One of the big deals with McD was the team got young, fast, and good on ST's. Prior to McD the team stunk on ST's, he and Xanders brought in some youth like Bruton, Matt Willis, Tony Carter, Unrein, Chris Clark, McBath that could cover kicks and made their names on ST's. Colquitt also.

24champ
01-29-2013, 10:14 PM

McDaniels didn't oust the goodmans.

Cito Pelon
01-29-2013, 10:31 PM

And they haven't had a job in the NFL since. Shanny didn't even hire them when he got a new job in Washington.

pricejj
01-29-2013, 10:54 PM
Ok, who was it that put together this group? Had to be either McD or Xanders or both, right?

Whoah that's crazy. There are just as many starters left over from the Shanahan years (5...Clady, Bailey, Kuper, Woodyard, Dumervil) as there are from the McDaniels years (5...Beadles, Walton, Decker, Thomas, and Vickerson)...and wouldn't ya know, of the few remaining McDaniels players, 3 of them are my least favorite Broncos (at least until they are cut).

Pretty sad considering how many high draft picks and Free Agent acquisitions McDaniels had. Too bad 90% of them are either out of the NFL, or will be after the league year starts.

Cito Pelon
01-29-2013, 11:14 PM
Whoah that's crazy. There are just as many starters left over from the Shanahan years (5...Clady, Bailey, Kuper, Woodyard, Dumervil) as there are from the McDaniels years (5...Beadles, Walton, Decker, Thomas, and Vickerson)...and wouldn't ya know, of the few remaining McDaniels players, 3 of them are my least favorite Broncos (at least until they are cut).

Pretty sad considering how many high draft picks and Free Agent acquisitions McDaniels had. Too bad 90% of them are either out of the NFL, or will be after the league year starts.

Well, your first paragraph was good, the second paragraph made no sense. It kind of broke down at the "90%". That was way wrong for sure.

TheReverend
01-30-2013, 05:51 AM

Well, considering Pat publicly acknowledged that they--and they specifically--would be the ones running the show in a GM capacity, your claim here holds zero water.

Beadles
Walton
Bruton
Ayers
Moreno
Decker
DThomas
Mitch Unrein
Matt Willis
Britton Colquitt
Lance Ball
Tony Carter
Chris Clark
OC Mike McCoy
WR/QB/OC Adam Gase
RB Coach Eric Studesville

All guys that contributed to back-to-back AFC West titles.

Are you trying to say that with an unprecedented amount of HIGH draft picks from tearing the team apart only garnered three above average starters? And you're CELEBRATING that?

And they haven't had a job in the NFL since. Shanny didn't even hire them when he got a new job in Washington.

The elder was the extremely successful one and after decades working (and in Denver), HE likely didn't pursue or accept other work and not the other way around.

TonyR
01-30-2013, 07:16 AM

The Atlanta Journal Constitution is usually wrong?

TheReverend
01-30-2013, 07:21 AM
The Atlanta Journal Constitution is usually wrong?

Compared to the guy who hired him and who he worked under? I'd say so.

24champ
01-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Well, considering Pat publicly acknowledged that they--and they specifically--would be the ones running the show in a GM capacity, your claim here holds zero water.

McDaniels publicly said he was looking forward to working with the Goodmans on the upcoming draft and also going as far as to say Jim Goodman will have final say on personnel.

McDaniels didn't have that much clout in the organization to dispatch 2 guys that had been with the org for a long time. It was clearly a Bowlen/Ellis decision.

TheReverend
01-30-2013, 11:26 AM
McDaniels publicly said he was looking forward to working with the Goodmans on the upcoming draft and also going as far as to say Jim Goodman will have final say on personnel.

McDaniels didn't have that much clout in the organization to dispatch 2 guys that had been with the org for a long time. It was clearly a Bowlen/Ellis decision.

Hilarious!

Is that why he assumed control over everything immediately? Drafting on an index card? I think you're insanely naive in all things McDaniels.... which has been proven over time.

Dismantling your shoddy POV:

- Pat publicly said after firing Mike "Jim Goodman has his job, and he will have his job." (http://broncotalk.net/2008/12/5197/broncos-news/pat-bowlen-press-conference-transcript/).

- Pat then acknowledges they will not seek a GM and that JIM GOODMAN will fill that role "as far as the final word on personnel, it now falls to Jim Goodman, the Broncos' vice president football operations/personnel" (http://m.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/jan/12/bowlen-has-no-intention-hiring-new-gm/)

What's the only variable here? The hiring of McDaniels.

So again, no.

24champ
01-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Hilarious!

Is that why he assumed control over everything immediately?

He only assumed control because that was the environment he was left with from Bowlen/Ellis. Xanders, as we all know, is not a talent evaluator, and had no business being a GM. He was only picked because of his close ties with Ellis and his capologist work.

Dismantling your shoddy POV:

- Pat publicly said after firing Mike "Jim Goodman has his job, and he will have his job." (http://broncotalk.net/2008/12/5197/b...ce-transcript/).

- Pat then acknowledges they will not seek a GM and that JIM GOODMAN will fill that role "as far as the final word on personnel, it now falls to Jim Goodman, the Broncos' vice president football operations/personnel" (http://m.rockymountainnews.com/news/...hiring-new-gm/)

Bowlen has a very long history of saying things, and then the next week doing the exact opposite. McDaniels also came out in support of the Goodmans, and I can't find a single quote prior to the Goodman's being fired that he praised Xanders. Xanders hardly seems like a guy McD would want to work with. Which is why he was completely bypassed in all football decisions.

TheReverend
01-30-2013, 12:45 PM
He only assumed control because that was the environment he was left with from Bowlen/Ellis. Xanders, as we all know, is not a talent evaluator, and had no business being a GM. He was only picked because of his close ties with Ellis and his capologist work.

Bowlen has a very long history of saying things, and then the next week doing the exact opposite. McDaniels also came out in support of the Goodmans, and I can't find a single quote prior to the Goodman's being fired that he praised Xanders. Xanders hardly seems like a guy McD would want to work with. Which is why he was completely bypassed in all football decisions.

Yup. McDaniels sure has NO standing precedent of being a liar...

I'm not big on Bowlen's integrity level, but I'll take his eight thousand ways from Sunday over McDaniels

pricejj
01-30-2013, 03:19 PM
Well, your first paragraph was good, the second paragraph made no sense. It kind of broke down at the "90%". That was way wrong for sure.

86.3% of McDaniel's Broncos acquisitions are not NFL starters.

78.4% are either out of the NFL completely, or contributed nothing to their team in 2012 and have no NFL future.

2009-2010 McDaniel's Broncos Roster Additions -
Remaining NFL Starters (7 of 51)
1. Justin Bannan - resigned with the Broncos
2. Brandon Lloyd - Patriots starter
3. Damaryius Thomas - Broncos Pro Bowler
4. Zane Beadles - Broncos Pro Bowler
5. J.D. Walton - Broncos starter
6. Eric Decker - Broncos starter
7. Kevin Vickerson - Broncos starter

Remaining NFL contributor's (11 of 51) (part-time contributors)
8. Knowshon Moreno - Broncos back-up
9. Robert Ayers - Broncos back-up
10. David Bruton - Broncos back-up
11. Andre Brown - Giants back-up

Still Remaining in NFL (20 of 51) (non-contributors)
12. Jason Hunter - Broncos IR
13. Chris Clark - Broncos backup
14. Alphonso Smith - Lions backup
15. Darcel McBath - 49ers back-up
16. Russ Hochstein - Chiefs backup
17. Kyle Orton - Cowbows back-up
19. Brady Quinn - Chiefs Backup
19. Tim Tebow - Jets backup
20. Perish Cox - 49ers backup

Out of NFL (31 of 51)
21. Lonnie Paxton - out of NFL
22. Jabar Gaffney - out of NFL
23. Brian Dawkins - out of NFL
24. Correll Buckhalter - out of NFL
25. Darrell Reid - out of NFL
26. Renaldo Hill - out of NFL
27. Andre Goodman - out of NFL
28. Ronald Fields - out of NFL
29. Dan Gronkowski - out of NFL
30. Nick Griesen - out of NFL
31. Richard Quinn - out of NFL
32. Seth Olsen - out of NFL
33. Kenny McKinley - out of NFL
34. Jammie Kirlew
35. Blake Schlueter - out of NFL
36. Jarvis Green - out of NFL
37. Nate Jones - out of NFL
38. Le Kevin Smith - out of NFL
39. J.J. Arrington - out of NFL
40. Akin Ayodele - out of NFL
41. Stanley Daniels - out of NFL
42. Jamal Williams - out of NFL
43. Tom Brandstater - out of NFL
44. LaMont Jordan - out of NFL
45. Kenny Peterson - out of NFL
46. Andra Davis - out of NFL
47. Chris Simms - out of NFL
48. Eric Olsen - out of NFL
49. Syd'Quan Thompson - out of NFL
50. LenDale White - out of NFL
51. Ty Law - out of NFL

That is a massive amount of fail. Pretty impressive isn't it?

Tombstone RJ
01-30-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm not on McD's bandwagon per say but saying guys like Dawkins, Andra Davis and Buckhalter, Law and White were worthless is not exactly true. Some of them were great but old like Dawkins. Some were contributers but old like Davis. Some were just old. So this explains why they aren't in the NFL anymore.

TheReverend
01-30-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm not on McD's bandwagon per say but saying guys like Dawkins, Andra Davis and Buckhalter, Law and White were worthless is not exactly true. Some of them were great but old like Dawkins. Some were contributers but old like Davis. Some were just old.

Same thing gets held against Shanahan with "out of the NFL" stats when people try to knock the 2008 roster.

Tombstone RJ
01-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Same thing gets held against Shanahan with "out of the NFL" stats when people try to knock the 2008 roster.

agreed

Cito Pelon
01-31-2013, 11:19 AM
Are you trying to say that with an unprecedented amount of HIGH draft picks from tearing the team apart only garnered three above average starters? And you're CELEBRATING that?

The elder was the extremely successful one and after decades working (and in Denver), HE likely didn't pursue or accept other work and not the other way around.

I didn't say anything about celebrating, just pointing out the players and coaches acquired by McD that contributed to back-to-back AFC West titles. And yeah, McD and his FO gang sure blew most of those nice draft picks.

McD also brought in Matt Russell I believe, currently the chief of scouting.

TheReverend
01-31-2013, 12:34 PM
I didn't say anything about celebrating, just pointing out the players and coaches acquired by McD that contributed to back-to-back AFC West titles. And yeah, McD and his FO gang sure blew most of those nice draft picks.

McD also brought in Matt Russell I believe, currently the chief of scouting.

lol sure kiddo.

That assload of high draft picks and nearly all of them are rotational, special teams, or roster filler.

Meanwhile the majority of the REAL contributors and heavy lifting members of the team are still holdovers from the Shanahan era, a half decade later... not even including the guys McDaniels shipped away.

Cito Pelon
01-31-2013, 02:35 PM
lol sure kiddo.

That assload of high draft picks and nearly all of them are rotational, special teams, or roster filler.

Meanwhile the majority of the REAL contributors and heavy lifting members of the team are still holdovers from the Shanahan era, a half decade later... not even including the guys McDaniels shipped away.

What does ANY of that have to do with what I posted?

TheReverend
01-31-2013, 02:38 PM
What does ANY of that have to do with what I posted?

Re-read your congratulatory post towards McD/X for assembling so many "contributors" to back to back AFCW titles you dumb pile of ****.

24champ
01-31-2013, 03:11 PM
lol sure kiddo.

McD needed to bring some depth to the team that was sorely lacking from the Shanny era. So while not all of his picks were home runs, I'd say McD's drafts were better than Shanahan's 2005, 2007, 2008 drafts.

Btw, The guys shipped away during the McD era were not winners or team players. Cutler and Marshall still haven't grown up from their younger days. Sad.

TheReverend
01-31-2013, 03:27 PM
McD needed to bring some depth to the team that was sorely lacking from the Shanny era. So while not all of his picks were home runs, I'd say McD's drafts were better than Shanahan's 2005, 2007, 2008 drafts.

Btw, The guys shipped away during the McD era were not winners or team players. Cutler and Marshall still haven't grown up from their younger days. Sad.

Quite literally ALL conjecture. Your "improvement in depth" argument is completely false.

We've had possibly the worst OL depth in the league since 2008, the secondary depth was absolutely atrocious, the only decent LB depth was inherited, the entire DL was atrocious, and there's no way to even claim with a straight face that Moreno, a 32 year old Buckhalter and Lance Ball are even close in depth to any Shanahan RB stable ever... well, lol

So again, you're making wildly false claims without ANY supporting examples, while I'm the one providing all of the actual facts.

Bacchus
01-31-2013, 03:48 PM
Good for Xanders, It'd be cool if Detroit was better.

24champ
01-31-2013, 03:58 PM
Quite literally ALL conjecture. Your "improvement in depth" argument is completely false.

We've had possibly the worst OL depth in the league since 2008, the secondary depth was absolutely atrocious, the only decent LB depth was inherited, the entire DL was atrocious, and there's no way to even claim with a straight face that Moreno, a 32 year old Buckhalter and Lance Ball are even close in depth to any Shanahan RB stable ever... well, lol

So again, you're making wildly false claims without ANY supporting examples, while I'm the one providing all of the actual facts.

Fine, I will lay it out for you.

2005 Draft

2 24(56) Darrent Williams CB Oklahoma St.
3 12(76) Karl Paymah CB Wash. St.
3 34(97) Domonique Foxworth CB Maryland
3 38(101) Maurice Clarett HB Ohio St.
6 26(200) Chris Myers OG Miami (FL)
7 25(239) Paul Ernster PK N. Arizona

None are on the team, one of the worst drafts of the Shanny era but was evened out by the great 2006 class.

2007 Draft

1 17 (17) Jarvis Moss DE Florida
2 24 (56) Tim Crowder DE Texas
3 6 (70) Ryan Harris T Notre Dame
4 22 (121) Marcus Thomas DT Florida

None are on the team

2008 Draft

1 12 (12) Ryan Clady T Boise State
2 11 (42) Eddie Royal WR Virginia Tech
4 9 (108) Kory Lichtensteiger C Bowling Green
4 20 (119) Jack Williams CB Kent State
5 4 (139) Ryan Torain RB Arizona State
5 13 (148) Carlton Powell DT Virginia Tech
6 17 (183) Spencer Larsen OLB Arizona
7 13 (220) Josh Barrett S Arizona State
7 20 (227) Player Video Peyton Hillis FB Arkansas

Only Ryan Clady is on the team.

2009 Draft

1 12 Knowshon Moreno Running Back Georgia
1 18 Robert Ayers Defensive End Tennessee
2 37 Alphonso Smith Cornerback Wake Forest
2 48 Darcel McBath Defensive Back Texas Tech
2 64 Richard Quinn Tight End North Carolina
4 114 David Bruton Defensive Back Notre Dame
4 132 Seth Olsen Guard Iowa
5 141 Kenny McKinley Wide Receiver South Carolina
6 174 Tom Brandstater Quarterback Fresno State
7 225 Blake Schlueter Center Texas Christian

Moreno, Ayers are contributing members of the team.

2009 Draft

WR Demaryius Thomas (1st Round, 22nd overall)
QB Tim Tebow (1st Round, 25th overall)
OL Zane Beadles – (2nd Round, 45th overall)
C J.D. Walton – (3rd Round, 80th overall)
WR Eric Decker – (3rd Round, 87th overall) (from Philadelphia)
CB Perrish Cox – (5th Round, 137th overall) (from Philadelphia via Cleveland)
C Eric Olsen – (6th Round, 183rd overall)
CB Syd’quan Thompson - (7th, 225th overall)
DE/OLB Jammie Kirlew – (7th, 232rd overall)

Beadles, Thomas, Walton, Decker are all contributing players to the team.

In just two years, McD's drafted netted some solid picks, not all are home runs. Moreno, Ayers, Beadles, Thomas, Walton, and Decker are key parts of his class and his drafting is directly responsible for the most recent playoff win.

In 2008, we had Pittman, Selvin Young, Tatum Bell, PJ Pope, Andre Hall and Ryan Torain. In short, McD was left with garbage at RB position. Year before that, it wasn't much better either. The team was sliding in rushing and the OL was clearly on the decline.

Rushing Offense
2005 2nd
2006 8th
2007 9th
2008 12th

The whole team was basically on decline when you look at the numbers across the board.

Cito Pelon
01-31-2013, 04:44 PM
Re-read your congratulatory post towards McD/X for assembling so many "contributors" to back to back AFCW titles you dumb pile of ****.

Go give your boyfriends some BJ's, you'll feel better with a full stomach.

Bacchus
01-31-2013, 04:55 PM
I refuse to give Xanders for any blame during McD years. After all it was McD's idea to have a 30 player board.

TheReverend
01-31-2013, 05:26 PM
Fine, I will lay it out for you.

2005 Draft

2 24(56) Darrent Williams CB Oklahoma St.
3 12(76) Karl Paymah CB Wash. St.
3 34(97) Domonique Foxworth CB Maryland
3 38(101) Maurice Clarett HB Ohio St.
6 26(200) Chris Myers OG Miami (FL)
7 25(239) Paul Ernster PK N. Arizona

None are on the team, one of the worst drafts of the Shanny era but was evened out by the great 2006 class.

2007 Draft

1 17 (17) Jarvis Moss DE Florida
2 24 (56) Tim Crowder DE Texas
3 6 (70) Ryan Harris T Notre Dame
4 22 (121) Marcus Thomas DT Florida

None are on the team

2008 Draft

1 12 (12) Ryan Clady T Boise State
2 11 (42) Eddie Royal WR Virginia Tech
4 9 (108) Kory Lichtensteiger C Bowling Green
4 20 (119) Jack Williams CB Kent State
5 4 (139) Ryan Torain RB Arizona State
5 13 (148) Carlton Powell DT Virginia Tech
6 17 (183) Spencer Larsen OLB Arizona
7 13 (220) Josh Barrett S Arizona State
7 20 (227) Player Video Peyton Hillis FB Arkansas

Only Ryan Clady is on the team.

2009 Draft

1 12 Knowshon Moreno Running Back Georgia
1 18 Robert Ayers Defensive End Tennessee
2 37 Alphonso Smith Cornerback Wake Forest
2 48 Darcel McBath Defensive Back Texas Tech
2 64 Richard Quinn Tight End North Carolina
4 114 David Bruton Defensive Back Notre Dame
4 132 Seth Olsen Guard Iowa
5 141 Kenny McKinley Wide Receiver South Carolina
6 174 Tom Brandstater Quarterback Fresno State
7 225 Blake Schlueter Center Texas Christian

Moreno, Ayers are contributing members of the team.

2009 Draft

WR Demaryius Thomas (1st Round, 22nd overall)
QB Tim Tebow (1st Round, 25th overall)
OL Zane Beadles – (2nd Round, 45th overall)
C J.D. Walton – (3rd Round, 80th overall)
WR Eric Decker – (3rd Round, 87th overall) (from Philadelphia)
CB Perrish Cox – (5th Round, 137th overall) (from Philadelphia via Cleveland)
C Eric Olsen – (6th Round, 183rd overall)
CB Syd’quan Thompson - (7th, 225th overall)
DE/OLB Jammie Kirlew – (7th, 232rd overall)

Beadles, Thomas, Walton, Decker are all contributing players to the team.

In just two years, McD's drafted netted some solid picks, not all are home runs. Moreno, Ayers, Beadles, Thomas, Walton, and Decker are key parts of his class and his drafting is directly responsible for the most recent playoff win.

In 2008, we had Pittman, Selvin Young, Tatum Bell, PJ Pope, Andre Hall and Ryan Torain. In short, McD was left with garbage at RB position. Year before that, it wasn't much better either. The team was sliding in rushing and the OL was clearly on the decline.

Rushing Offense
2005 2nd
2006 8th
2007 9th
2008 12th

The whole team was basically on decline when you look at the numbers across the board.

I can't take any of this post seriously, and I sincerely doubt that you can when you're honest with yourself. Are you really trying to make "still on the team" a deciding factor AFTER you cherry pick which seasons to contrast?

It clearly penalizes older classes... especially when you decide to leap frog a season to attempt to make some non-existent point and you're using samples the better part of a decade old!

For ****s sake man, EVERY ONE OF MCDANIELS SELECTIONS ARE STILL ON THEIR FIRST CONTRACT.

Obviously that has a massive advantage on same team retention, not to mention being 2 regimes removed from the current as opposed to 1.

This is mind-numbingly stupid to read and you know it is.