PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla: It's time to thank Josh McDaniels for Broncos' 2010 draft

Bronco Rob
01-28-2013, 09:53 AM
HONOLULU In Broncos Country, there are two constants: 1) Orange sunsets. 2) An unrelenting, visceral dislike for former coach Josh McDaniels.
He's called Coach McHoodie, not to mention other disrespectful words far too unfit for print.

But, as young Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas and promising Denver guard Zane Beadles trotted on the field Sunday for the Pro Bowl, an honest man would also have to call McDaniels something else:

McD is a major reason why veteran quarterback Peyton Manning and the Broncos have a legitimate shot at winning a Super Bowl during the next three years.
Maybe that explains why, on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, I discovered at least one man who doesn't abhor McDaniels.

Read more: Kiszla: It's time to thank Josh McDaniels for Broncos' 2010 draft - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_22463534/mark-kiszla-its-time-thank-josh-mcdaniels-broncos#ixzz2JIHSaGl6
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

:thumbsdow

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Is this where we thank him for Alphonso smith and the 1st rounder he cost us?

DBroncos4life
01-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Is this where we thank him for Alphonso smith and the 1st rounder he cost us?

I thanked him when Earl Thomas made that pick in the pro bowl.

TheReverend
01-28-2013, 10:06 AM
What a ****ing joke

Bacchus
01-28-2013, 10:08 AM
The idiot McD got two first rounders for cutler, two second rounders for Marshall, he trade Scheffler and Hillis and this is all he got in return of those picks?

Serious, **** that dude.

bronco militia
01-28-2013, 10:11 AM
A big thanks to Brian Xanders

**** YOU MCDANIELS

BroncoSojia
01-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Even a broken clock......

gunns
01-28-2013, 10:27 AM
I don't have anything to thank him for. NADA. Because he got a couple of things right and was lucky to do that? Hell no.

WolfpackGuy
01-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Not much to show for (4) first round picks in two years as well as (5) picks in the first (64) in 2009.

Screw him and his 25 name draft board.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Nothing against you broncorob. But Mcdumbass can go eat a big bag of d!ck and @$$. As for DT making the probowl he didn't do it til Manning got here and he hasn't taken over a game yet. I mean where was he against the ratbirds?

Edit: In red.

Damn you Autocorrect!

Archer81
01-28-2013, 11:11 AM
This thread should end well.

:Broncos:

SonOfLe-loLang
01-28-2013, 11:14 AM
Nothing against you broncorob. But Mcdumbass can first a Barrymore of d!ck and @$$. As for DT making the probowl he didn't do it til Manning got here and he hasn't taken over a game yet. I mean where was he against the ratbirds?

Why can't you hate on him and give him credit for a good draft? Obviously, hes a ****. But he drafted some nice players in this draft. Are you really complaining about Demaryius Thomas? Thats the sword you want to fall on?

(I originally used a bad analogy...edited!)

Ray Finkle
01-28-2013, 11:15 AM
I can thank him for sucking so bad, it netted Denver Miller....that's it.

Lestat
01-28-2013, 11:20 AM
I thanked him when Earl Thomas made that pick in the pro bowl.

i thanked him when Earl Thomas was announced as the draft pick.
ET was the S i wanted badly in that draft and had the year before when we traded the pick.

Bigdawg26
01-28-2013, 11:26 AM
F*** that arrogant prick! How can you give credit to this @ss clown who turned an upcoming team to an old and slow team that sucked. You can't say "Well if we wouldn't have ruined the team then we wouldn't get Peyton Manning." You can't thank somebody for that. Screw him and the hoodie he rode in on!

Requiem
01-28-2013, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't piss on Josh McDaniels back if he was on fire on my front doorstep. I'm happy with Decker, Demaryius and Beadles -- but the Alphonso Smith and Tim Tebow abortion picks are absolutely unforgivable.

DBroncos4life
01-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Baby F you for cheating on me, that said thank you for only giving me crabs.

HAT
01-28-2013, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't piss on Josh McDaniels back if he was on fire on my front doorstep. I'm happy with Decker, Demaryius and Beadles -- but the Alphonso Smith and Tim Tebow abortion picks are absolutely unforgivable.

Very high probability that no Tebow = no Manning.

Elway wouldn't have been able to pitch the whole "Foundation is there...think how good we could be with a real QB" angle.....

Might not have wanted to either if McD drafted a QB other than Tebow to groom.

Popps
01-28-2013, 12:07 PM
McDaniels was a FU in many ways.. but player for player... I'll take what he left us with as opposed to what we had when he arrived. Whether it was blind luck, whatever. Decker, Thomas, Beadles, Walton, Ayers, Moreno and a few other notables will continue to contribute to this team. Mostly, he got rid of Marshall and Cutler, which paved the way for some continuity and brought our douchebag factor WAY down.

This is a huge year for us, draft-wise. We've whiffed on a few linemen that might have helped us the past couple of seasons and the jury is out on Wolfe.
Hoping we can find a few key pieces to the puzzle this April. (MLB, DL, OL.)

Also hoping Blake can turn into something, but have heard nothing about him since camp.

Rohirrim
01-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Very high probability that no Tebow = no Manning.

Elway wouldn't have been able to pitch the whole "Foundation is there...think how good we could be with a real QB" angle.....

Might not have wanted to either if McD drafted a QB other than Tebow to groom.

I think that's kind of like saying, "If the flood hadn't destroyed our town, we wouldn't have this nice, new city hall!"

Doggcow
01-28-2013, 12:45 PM
Earl Thomas just doesn't have the ring that ED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED has, but it's the same thing essentially.

Can we draft a good ****ing Safety for once? Sorry Dream.

TheReverend
01-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Thanks, AIDS virus!

Lestat
01-28-2013, 01:18 PM

see, you're more forgiving than I.
damn pissing on him. i'd dunk that ***** in gasoline and light the match.
but we had to go through that BS era to get to Elway.

SoCalBronco
01-28-2013, 01:29 PM
**** him.

Cito Pelon
01-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Have to give credit where credit is due, not just cry over spilt milk.

Beadles
Walton
Bruton
Ayers
Moreno
Decker
DThomas
Mitch Unrein
Matt Willis
Britton Colquitt
Lance Ball
Tony Carter
Chris Clark
OC Mike McCoy
WR/QB/OC Adam Gase
RB Coach Eric Studesville

All guys that contributed to back-to-back AFC West titles.

Jay3
01-28-2013, 02:35 PM
He's right. It was a good draft.

Doesn't mean it was any better than any other particular draft. Doesn't mean that Josh McD is due a "thank you" for the overall picture.

But the 2010 draft was a good one for the Broncos.

gyldenlove
01-28-2013, 03:46 PM

Doesn't mean it was any better than any other particular draft. Doesn't mean that Josh McD is due a "thank you" for the overall picture.

It was a good draft, but the premise that thank you is owed for one positive in a see of negatives seems misplaced.

Lestat
01-28-2013, 03:53 PM
last i remember none of the players drafted by McDaniels developed until Fox got here. therefor... **** McDaniels!

Cito Pelon
01-28-2013, 03:59 PM

It actually was a good draft, despite giving up I believe a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to Baltimore to move up and get Tebow. They could have got some good players with those picks. Balt did, got their two starting TE's.

McD/Xanders acquired some player and coaching talent as I posted above that contributed to back to back AFC West titles. Matt Russell was also brought in by McD. Also Brandon Lloyd and the mighty Jeremiah Johnson who some people still want to be in the rotation.

But I doubt Josh is gonna be flown in for any reunions or day of appreciation at any time by anybody.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-28-2013, 04:20 PM
It actually was a good draft, despite giving up I believe a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to Baltimore to move up and get Tebow. They could have got some good players with those picks. Balt did, got their two starting TE's.

McD/Xanders acquired some player and coaching talent as I posted above that contributed to back to back AFC West titles. Matt Russell was also brought in by McD. Also Brandon Lloyd and the mighty Jeremiah Johnson who some people still want to be in the rotation.

But I doubt Josh is gonna be flown in for any reunions or day of appreciation at any time by anybody.

Yes, but those picks were manufactured from earlier in the draft. It was manuevering. I'm still pretty convinced McD was looking at Tebow and Sean Weatherspoon, but the latter was taken a bit earlier. Though thats based on nothing more than a theory.

TheReverend
01-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the syphilis, McD!

Husky Jerk
01-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Thank Matt Russell for the 2010 draft. Screw McDaniels.

COWheatGrower
01-28-2013, 04:31 PM
He's called Coach McHoodie, not to mention other disrespectful words far too unfit for print.

My favorite is McDicklessHilarious!

elsid13
01-28-2013, 04:41 PM
If Manning not here, I doubt we are having this discussion.

Bacchus
01-28-2013, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't piss on Josh McDaniels back if he was on fire on my front doorstep.

I would piss on him, but not if he was on fire.

baja
01-28-2013, 05:39 PM
McD was not ready for the HC position especially without a strong GM but he did find some good players so his tenure was not all bad.

spdirty
01-28-2013, 06:30 PM
LOL Kiszla sure does know how to get you people all stirred up. Sometimes I think he writes this shlt for that sole purpose.

Wish I could blame him for Rahim the Dream.

spdirty
01-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Actually, had that mother ****er not traded Earl Thomas for Alphonso Smith we probably don't draft Rahim The Dream and are in the Super Bowl right now. So **** him!!!!

spdirty
01-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Actually, had that dip**** not traded Earl Thomas for Alphonso Smith we probably don't draft Rahim The Dream and are in the Super Bowl right now. So **** HIM!!!!

Taco John
01-28-2013, 07:59 PM
Exhibit A on why I stopped reading Kiszla about a decade ago.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Why can't you hate on him and give him credit for a good draft? Obviously, hes a ****. But he drafted some nice players in this draft. Are you really complaining about Demaryius Thomas? Thats the sword you want to fall on?

(I originally used a bad analogy...edited!)

Everybody like to b!tch about BM. But he could take over a game. Browns game comes to mind along with some others.

How about JD Walton. Everybody thinks he's "great". In the 5 games that "Man Ram" was at right guard. "Man Ram" gave up 6.5 sacks 5 of which were given up when Walton was beside him. When Koppen came in he gave up 1.5 sacks when Kuper was out the last five games.

Bronco Rob
01-29-2013, 07:18 AM
Josh should be crowned for almost ruining the Broncos in less than 2 years? Kiszla left out the part where McDaniels filmed the 49ers practice, that was a real high water mark in the franchises history.

Durango
01-29-2013, 11:03 AM
McDaniels was a FU in many ways.. but player for player... I'll take what he left us with as opposed to what we had when he arrived. Whether it was blind luck, whatever. Decker, Thomas, Beadles, Walton, Ayers, Moreno and a few other notables will continue to contribute to this team. Mostly, he got rid of Marshall and Cutler, which paved the way for some continuity and brought our douchebag factor WAY down.

This is a huge year for us, draft-wise. We've whiffed on a few linemen that might have helped us the past couple of seasons and the jury is out on Wolfe.
Hoping we can find a few key pieces to the puzzle this April. (MLB, DL, OL.)

Also hoping Blake can turn into something, but have heard nothing about him since camp.

What? Oh, I think the jury returned a verdict of sensational. Are you kidding?

We put a solid DT to pair with Wolfe and this defense could dominate for years. What is with some people?

TonyR
01-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Kiszla left out the part where McDaniels filmed the 49ers practice...

He did?

He forced a proud organization to take an unnecessary hit to its reputation with a video scandal that hastened his departure.
Read more: Kiszla: It's time to thank Josh McDaniels for Broncos' 2010 draft - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_22463534/mark-kiszla-its-time-thank-josh-mcdaniels-broncos#ixzz2JOUOfw8Y

Did you even read the article you posted?

ghwk
01-29-2013, 04:16 PM
How about this question: How damn hard was it to DO WELL in that draft? I mean you give enough monkeys a typewriter and someday you'll get Shakespeare.

Popps
01-29-2013, 05:28 PM
We put a solid DT to pair with Wolfe and this defense could dominate for years. What is with some people?

Wolfe had a good rookie season but he's a hybrid at this point. We need a dominant DT who can play the run regularly. (Along with a true ILB of the future.)

KipCorrington25
01-29-2013, 06:03 PM
I'll carry a life long grudge against this scum bag I just hope I can outlive him.

KCStud
01-29-2013, 06:04 PM
But John Elway brought all the talent on this team! He was the best executive of the year!:~ohyah!:

broncosteven
01-29-2013, 06:22 PM
But John Elway brought all the talent on this team! He was the best executive of the year!:~ohyah!:

And the bum who built your team is sitting at home in his sweats waiting for the phone to ring while he cashes his unemployment check.

Bronco Rob
01-30-2013, 08:01 PM

2-14

BroncoBuff
01-31-2013, 12:59 AM
McD is a major reason why veteran quarterback Peyton Manning and the Broncos have a legitimate shot at winning a Super Bowl during the next three years.

Is this numbskull actually trying to swing some of the Manning credit to McD?

HAT
01-31-2013, 09:44 AM
Is this numbskull actually trying to swing some of the Manning credit to McD?

Without mcd....They'd still be saddled with frown cannon.