PDA

View Full Version : Ron Milus

MABroncoFan
01-24-2013, 12:15 PM
to San Diego

TheReverend
01-24-2013, 12:23 PM
Don't like it.

Lots of growth and over-performance from our younger, unheralded guys while he was coaching the secondary.

24champ
01-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Don't like it.

Lots of growth and over-performance from our younger, unheralded guys while he was coaching the secondary.

His contract was not renewed with the Broncos. Rumor has it that the players did not like Milus. So he was let go. Not a loss at all, IMO.

SeedReaver
01-24-2013, 01:46 PM
His contract was not renewed with the Broncos. Rumor has it that the players did not like Milus. So he was let go. Not a loss at all, IMO.

I'm not sure how you can claim that with the development of Chris Harris, Tony Carter (sometimes), Quentin Carter, and even Rahim Moore (bonehead play not included).

boltaneer
01-24-2013, 01:51 PM

Maybe the players didn't like him telling them not to get beat deep. :flower:

In all seriousness, another good hire by McCoy IMO. Almost anyone would have been an upgrade to the previous DB coach here though.

24champ
01-24-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure how you can claim that with the development of Chris Harris, Tony Carter (sometimes), Quentin Carter, and even Rahim Moore (bonehead play not included).

There are other coaches involved with their development as well, not just Milus. When you don't have a good relationship with your players, what good does that do for the team? Broncos moved on and replaced him.

No real loss.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-24-2013, 03:10 PM

Del Rio effect.

jerseyboiler120
01-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Maybe the players didn't like him telling them not to get beat deep. :flower:

In all seriousness, another good hire by McCoy IMO. Almost anyone would have been an upgrade to the previous DB coach here though.

Yes the getting beat deep thing was a mess, especially when you add in the overwhelming advantage the refs gave the murdering ravens.

boltaneer
01-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Yes the getting beat deep thing was a mess, especially when you add in the overwhelming advantage the refs gave the murdering ravens.

Waah.

Moore knocks down that ball and the Broncos win. End of story.

Mediator12
01-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Milus has burned bridges before, but Telesco knows him and so does McCoy so again its not necessarily how good you are, it's who you know.....

Lestat
01-24-2013, 05:31 PM
i'll laugh if we win a game vs the Chargers due to the their pass coverage next season.
i'll be like "hmm, the Ron Milus effect."

boltaneer
01-24-2013, 06:35 PM
i'll laugh if we win a game vs the Chargers due to the their pass coverage next season.
i'll be like "hmm, the Ron Milus effect."

Well, the secondary is the weak spot on the Chargers defense right now. As inconsistent as Jammer and Cason are, they're at least proven corners. They'll most likely be going with Gilchrist and Wright who are two relatively unknowns, though with good potential.

If they don't upgrade their pass rush this off season (Ingram better step up since Philips will be gone), the secondary will be a liability, no matter who the coaches are.

Rohirrim
01-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Works for me. :thumbs:

Lestat
01-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Well, the secondary is the weak spot on the Chargers defense right now. As inconsistent as Jammer and Cason are, they're at least proven corners. They'll most likely be going with Gilchrist and Wright who are two relatively unknowns, though with good potential.

If they don't upgrade their pass rush this off season (Ingram better step up since Philips will be gone), the secondary will be a liability, no matter who the coaches are.

there are a ton of issues with the Chargers, i care nothing about them so long as we win.

boltaneer
01-24-2013, 09:44 PM
there are a ton of issues with the Chargers, i care nothing about them so long as we win.

The biggest issue got the boot. Things are definitely looking up! ;D