PDA

View Full Version : can tebow play safety?

bronco militia
01-23-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm trying to figure out how Tebow out played Manning in the playoffs.

herp

and derp

:charge:

Armchair Bronco
01-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Could it be that Tebow wanted to WIN more, whereas Manning and Fox wanted to NOT LOSE more?

"You play to win the game!"

Bacchus
01-24-2013, 05:16 AM
Well, the Broncos still lost in the divisional round so I do not see how tebow did better.

I can't wait until he is out of the NFL...... I think he is out right now but won't know for sure until training camp. He needs to go do his preaching, and pretend he is interested in girls.

OABB
01-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Oh look... Haters starting it up again...hmmm.... I wonder how long before they blame this endless circle jerk on Tebow fans?

Bacchus
01-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Oh look... Haters starting it up again...hmmm.... I wonder how long before they blame this endless circle jerk on Tebow fans?

only because you asked.

Tebow sucks Tebow sucks Tebow sucks Tebow sucks Tebow sucks

Play2win
01-24-2013, 11:56 AM
Manning won as many playoff games as a Bronco as Tebow did, Peyton just did it in the regular season.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Manning won as many playoff games as a Bronco as Tebow did, Peyton just did it in the regular season.

No matter how many times this dumbass logic is uttered, it still makes me angry.

This is why i have no hope for America.

OABB
01-24-2013, 12:13 PM
only because you asked.

You are a river to your people.

Play2win
01-24-2013, 12:20 PM
No matter how many times this dumbass logic is uttered, it still makes me angry.

This is why i have no hope for America.

Results are all that matters, and Manning delivered us to the same place in the playoff, and very closely much passed that. Tebow completely failed at the same opportunity.

What matters is what results and outcome you get, how you got there doesn't matter so much. There are a million ways to get there, but there is only going to be one Superbowl winner. I believe Peyton Manning is going to be that guy for us.

Now it is just a matter of time.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Results are all that matters, and Manning delivered us to the same place in the playoff, and very closely much passed that. Tebow completely failed at the same opportunity.

What matters is what results and outcome you get, how you got there doesn't matter so much. There are a million ways to get there, but there is only going to be one Superbowl winner. I believe Peyton Manning is going to be that guy for us.

If this were tennis, id agree. But there's a gazillion variables that go into a football game, and half the game the Quarterback isnt even on the field. To make that argument so simple is to ignore a **** ton of evidence and facts. You're essentially saying they are the same player because they were on teams that got to the same point in the playoffs. And that's complete horse****.

Drek
01-24-2013, 12:38 PM

Didn't realize Tebow was the reason for the Pats hanging 45 on us in last year's divisional round.

bronco militia
01-24-2013, 12:43 PM
one of the mods locked a Mcgruber thread, so I tried to continue the conversation with a new thread. Somehow playoff Tebow 2011 outplayed playoff Manning 2012.

peacepipe
01-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Didn't realize Tebow was the reason for the Pats hanging 45 on us in last year's divisional round.

Yeah,but Manning would've been able to go point for point with the pats.

Heyneck
01-24-2013, 12:52 PM

Wow... I guess you really do honor your screen name.

Bacchus
01-24-2013, 12:58 PM
You are a river to your people.

You canít force the fate, you just have to let it wash over you like a spray tan that wonít take because your skin is too oily.

Heyneck
01-24-2013, 12:59 PM

that is a big if! There is no way of knowing this. He couldn't keep up with the Raven O. If it where not for our kick returner, our OFFENSE would have scored only 14 until the last TD drive. People like to blame our defense for that lose (which is somewhat true)... but the truth... Manning had his worst game of the season. HE CHOKED!!!

Still prefer Manning over Tebow, but you can't deny Peyton got outplayed by freaking Joe Flacco!

Play2win
01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
If this were tennis, id agree. But there's a gazillion variables that go into a football game, and half the game the Quarterback isnt even on the field. To make that argument so simple is to ignore a **** ton of evidence and facts. You're essentially saying they are the same player because they were on teams that got to the same point in the playoffs. And that's complete horse****.

Actually, I was giving that "at most" argument.

I think Tebow should play TE or go to Canada. That is, if they will even take him.

Also, Von Miller has as much to do with this team's success as anybody else.

The whole units: defense, offense, and special teams are the reason for our success this year.

Play2win
01-24-2013, 01:50 PM

Sure it was. He gave them plenty of opportunities with all his infamous 3 and outs.

Play2win
01-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Wow... I guess you really do honor your screen name.

Just doing my part to keep up the good fight. LOL

TonyR
01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
If it where not for our kick returner, our OFFENSE would have scored only 14 until the last TD drive.

Well, to be fair, we don't know what the offense may have done with those two possessions had the kicks not been returned for TDs.

peacepipe
01-24-2013, 05:38 PM
that is a big if! There is no way of knowing this. He couldn't keep up with the Raven O. If it where not for our kick returner, our OFFENSE would have scored only 14 until the last TD drive. People like to blame our defense for that lose (which is somewhat true)... but the truth... Manning had his worst game of the season. HE CHOKED!!!

Still prefer Manning over Tebow, but you can't deny Peyton got outplayed by freaking Joe Flacco!

The pats couldn't keep up with balt either.

peacepipe
01-24-2013, 05:41 PM

The pats couldn't keep up with balt either.
Also the pats last yr had one of,if not the worse defenses in the league last yr,in large part because of their poor pass defense. So it's not a big if,more like a tiny if

peacepipe
01-24-2013, 05:43 PM

Get over it tebow sucks & it was our defense that choked.

peacepipe
01-24-2013, 05:46 PM
It's irrelevant how we got 35 points,if our defense hadn't choked,we win.

DarkHorse30
01-24-2013, 06:13 PM
ahl take "anal bum cover" for 200, Aleksh

Heyneck
01-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Get over it tebow sucks & it was our defense that choked.

Yeahh... keep playing the blind guy. Manning had a heck of a game and has an all worthy resume in the playoffs! Flame on!

Heyneck
01-24-2013, 06:58 PM
It's irrelevant how we got 35 points,if our defense hadn't choked,we win.

Manning got outplayed by Flacco!

DBroncos4life
01-24-2013, 07:06 PM

Brady got out played by Flacco. I guess that means Flacco is the second best QB in the NFL right behind Tim Tebow.

Drek
01-24-2013, 07:09 PM
He didn't in week 5 when we got outscored 31 to 21, and he didn't go point for point with Joe Flacco in the divisional round.

Sure it was. He gave them plenty of opportunities with all his infamous 3 and outs.
Yes, clearly it was Tebow's fault for the defense giving up 35 points in the first half.

Funny thing though - the Broncos and Pats each ran 16 plays in the first quarter, not a single 3 and out by either team. The Broncos first 3 and out didn't come until the 2nd quarter. The Pats scored three touchdowns in that quarter alone, with plays per drive on those TDs being 8, 2, and 5. Way for the D to stand strong there huh?

Obviously all Timmy's fault. He should have made McCoy call a less ****ty game, picked the D up with intensity from the sideline, and made Tom Brady get all wobbly kneed in the process.

Totally not Peyton's fault for the D giving up a ton of points (fewer) to the Ravens, getting taken out of the game by ****ty play calling, or Joe Flacco dropping one of the best games of his career on our flat footed secondary though.

HorseHead
01-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Looks like everyone is over the loss....

Br0nc0Buster
01-24-2013, 07:14 PM
Brady got out played by Flacco. I guess that means Flacco is the second best QB in the NFL right behind Tim Tebow.

Sanchez also has beaten Brady in the playoffs
So Flacco is better than Brady, but he lost to Charlie Batch

I guess to me it seams like the only true elite qbs are Tim Tebow, Charlie Batch, Joe Flacco, and Kevin Kolb(beat Brady earlier in the year)

bronco militia
01-24-2013, 08:02 PM

LOL!

Heyneck
01-24-2013, 08:31 PM

So? almost everyone around here was talking about how Flacco had no chance against us, specially in Mile High . Last off season everyone was saying how having PM with Tebows defense (he had an even better one) would makes us SB contenders. And that is damn straight!!! But like most mental midgets that cant deal with people not agreeing with them, they have to start blabbing about stuff unrelated to the OP.

He said Tebow outplayed Manning in the playoffs. If you look at both years playoff games he ain't far from the truth.

And taking the result out of the equation, how many passes that Manning threw the air traveled more than 15 yards? Not many. How many deep passes did he throw to one of the best deep ball receivers in the game? None. Flacco came and showed PM how the pig skin is thrown in the cold.
Think about that for a second.

We all knew what we where getting into when we grabbed PM. We where getting the greatest REGULAR season QB of all time but one of the worst chokers in PLAYOFF history as well. Specially in cold weather. So keep on blaming the defense and ignoring past history. Just like the saying goes: "He who ignores history is meant to repeat it."

It's ok to blame the defense for the loss, but for the full of it? Come on!

peacepipe
01-24-2013, 09:17 PM

Which proves my point. Our defense choked.

peacepipe
01-24-2013, 09:19 PM
He didn't in week 5 when we got outscored 31 to 21, and he didn't go point for point with Joe Flacco in the divisional round.

Yes, clearly it was Tebow's fault for the defense giving up 35 points in the first half.

Funny thing though - the Broncos and Pats each ran 16 plays in the first quarter, not a single 3 and out by either team. The Broncos first 3 and out didn't come until the 2nd quarter. The Pats scored three touchdowns in that quarter alone, with plays per drive on those TDs being 8, 2, and 5. Way for the D to stand strong there huh?
:
Obviously all Timmy's fault. He should have made McCoy call a less ****ty game, picked the D up with intensity from the sideline, and made Tom Brady get all wobbly kneed in the process.

Totally not Peyton's fault for the D giving up a ton of points (fewer) to the Ravens, getting taken out of the game by ****ty play calling, or Joe Flacco dropping one of the best games of his career on our flat footed secondary though.
We were a differant team week 5,if not for mcgahee fumbling we probably come back & win that game.

bronco militia
01-24-2013, 09:21 PM
We were a differant team week 5,if not for mcgahee fumbling we probably come back & win that game.

the broncos were down by 10 when he fumbled. the broncos got their asses kicked that game.

peacepipe
01-24-2013, 09:30 PM
the broncos were down by 10 when he fumbled. the broncos got their asses kicked that game.

We were also on our way to scoring when he fumbled.

Heyneck
01-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Which proves my point. Our defense choked.

Agree that the defense laid an egg, but are you telling me PM had no fault what so ever in the game? Cause I remember we finally start to drive in OT and PM decides to throw an awful across the body throw that resulted in the game clinching play. It goes both ways, not just one side.

RaiderH8r
01-25-2013, 09:03 AM
If Fox wants to run on 3rd and 7 to salt the game away Tebow would have gotten that first down. If Fox wants to run when we have a lead instead of putting it in Manning's hands to deliver the dagger he should bring back Tebow to run the Fox package when we go up. If Fox insists on coaching like a pussified douchebag at least bring in the people that can make that work.

BroncoBeavis
01-25-2013, 09:33 AM
If Fox wants to run on 3rd and 7 to salt the game away Tebow would have gotten that first down. If Fox wants to run when we have a lead instead of putting it in Manning's hands to deliver the dagger he should bring back Tebow to run the Fox package when we go up. If Fox insists on coaching like a pussified douchebag at least bring in the people that can make that work.

Wonder if this would fit on a billboard.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-25-2013, 10:10 AM
So? almost everyone around here was talking about how Flacco had no chance against us, specially in Mile High . Last off season everyone was saying how having PM with Tebows defense (he had an even better one) would makes us SB contenders. And that is damn straight!!! But like most mental midgets that cant deal with people not agreeing with them, they have to start blabbing about stuff unrelated to the OP.

He said Tebow outplayed Manning in the playoffs. If you look at both years playoff games he ain't far from the truth.

And taking the result out of the equation, how many passes that Manning threw the air traveled more than 15 yards? Not many. How many deep passes did he throw to one of the best deep ball receivers in the game? None. Flacco came and showed PM how the pig skin is thrown in the cold.
Think about that for a second.

We all knew what we where getting into when we grabbed PM. We where getting the greatest REGULAR season QB of all time but one of the worst chokers in PLAYOFF history as well. Specially in cold weather. So keep on blaming the defense and ignoring past history. Just like the saying goes: "He who ignores history is meant to repeat it."

It's ok to blame the defense for the loss, but for the full of it? Come on!

The above is the football version of "hey, it snowed today, global warming can't exist."

Do you always think that simply? Like football games are played in vacuums where all variables are the same? And for the MILLIONTH time, if Rahim Moore does his ****ing job, the narrative on Manning is COMPLETELY different. Why should one play, a play he wasn't even INVOLVED in, change it so much? yes, he has a bad pick in OT, yes, he wasnt his normal stellar self. But he put the Broncos into a position to win and the defense ****ing blew it. You can argue everything else till the cows come home, but this is irrefutable.

Because people are ****ing idiots, that's why. And would people PLEASE STOP comparing Tebow's playoff game to Mannings? Its ****ing absurd.

OABB
01-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Tebow would probably have ten game winning interceptions at safety, then be traded and benched.

nyuk nyuk
01-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Here's a reason: Tebow had better refs. :)

TonyR
01-30-2013, 07:25 AM
Schlereth: But Iím going to tell you. I talked to a bunch of Broncos coaches who said ĎI just donít know if heís a fluid enough athlete to go over and play tight end ... they say he doesnít catch the ball naturally either http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/espn-snafu-allows-audience-see-hannah-storm-mark-184907343--nfl.html

KipCorrington25
01-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Rahim Moore is the Tim Tebow of safeties.