PDA

View Full Version : Revis Island Anyone?

Tombstone RJ
01-23-2013, 08:44 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-01-23/darrelle-revis-trade-rumors-new-york-jets-cornerback-on-block-big-contract

wonder what it would take...

Archer81
01-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Havent you heard?

We only have 37 players signed, and we ONLY have $18 mil to sign everyone. Pat Bowlen is broke.

:Broncos:

NUB
01-23-2013, 08:50 PM
I would be pissed if Denver picked him up. There are other, far more glaring issues on defense than cornerback.

spiralism
01-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Considering he's known for being a mercenary, albeit a very talented one and we have other priorities like Clady, i'm not too keen. Bed ****ting against Baltimore aside, we are deep at CB and he'd immediately wipe out about around 12 million of cap space. Id rather Welker and an emotional leader for this team which is sorely needed (Manti falling could be a serious blessing)

Heyneck
01-23-2013, 08:51 PM
You should ask lonestar first...

Lestat
01-23-2013, 08:52 PM
I would be pissed if Denver picked him up. There are other, far more glaring issues on defense than cornerback.

no the hell there isn't. if the CB doesn't get roasted in coverage and allow the Jones to get 6 yards away then Moore's bad play on the ball is moot and we win that game.

Tombstone RJ
01-23-2013, 08:57 PM
I wonder if Tanahan will pull another "take it up the azzz" trade. Do I see Morris going to the Jets for Revis Island and a second? Hey, don't laugh. No, I'm serious... lulz.

DBroncos4life
01-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Havent you heard?

We only have 37 players signed, and we ONLY have $18 mil to sign everyone. Pat Bowlen is broke.

:Broncos:

Yeah we have 50 players under contract for 2014 and another 5 that are RFA/ERFA

Tombstone RJ
01-23-2013, 09:00 PM
How about Cousins for Revis and a second? Nah, the Jets aren't that stupid.

BroncoMan4ever
01-23-2013, 09:07 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-01-23/darrelle-revis-trade-rumors-new-york-jets-cornerback-on-block-big-contract

Not interested. Pay him and in a year he will cry for more money

hades
01-23-2013, 09:12 PM
If they bundle Tebow with him, I say deal!

I keed, I keed Hilarious!

HAT
01-23-2013, 09:14 PM
You should ask lonestar first...

I'm going to....As soon as he Abe Simpsons, forgets to hit the reply button here & starts another thread about it.

:olddude:

Tombstone RJ
01-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Not interested. Pay him and in a year he will cry for more money

yah maybe. He definitely wants his own little treasure island. It will be interesting to see what the jets are willing to take for him.

Ratboy
01-23-2013, 09:16 PM
Coming off an injury? I'd say a 2nd, but I'm sure a team would give out a first.

Tombstone RJ
01-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Coming off an injury? I'd say a 2nd, but I'm sure a team would give out a first.

really, that's it?

extralife
01-23-2013, 09:18 PM
terrible idea, but someone was bound to suggest it. we're too strong at corner to throw a $20 million signing bonus at Revis every year.

BroncoMan4ever
01-23-2013, 09:32 PM
really, that's it?

He has shown himself to be a bit of a problematic player. He holds out for money. Trash talks to the media. Talented but also a headache for a franchise

lonestar
01-23-2013, 09:41 PM

More than we have. Stop day dreaming.

Tombstone RJ
01-23-2013, 10:45 PM
More than we have. Stop day dreaming.

what's this "we" stuff, you got a mouse in your pocket? :flower:

Tombstone RJ
01-23-2013, 10:46 PM
He has shown himself to be a bit of a problematic player. He holds out for money. Trash talks to the media. Talented but also a headache for a franchise

well alrighty then, good to know, thanks! btw, your avy never gets old.

bronco militia
01-23-2013, 10:52 PM
the broncos would be stupid not to pick up the phone

lonestar
01-23-2013, 11:13 PM
what's this "we" stuff, you got a mouse in your pocket? :flower:

Pat called last night at 0300 that is 3 am for you civilians and said we can't afford him.

lonestar
01-23-2013, 11:14 PM

Where are you going to get the money to pay him?

2013 3,000,000 3,000,000 3,000,000 9,000,000

g6matty
01-24-2013, 02:11 AM
Cut champ sign revis

orange crusher
01-24-2013, 02:13 AM
Maybe Denver could sign Portis and trade him again.

Action
01-24-2013, 02:26 AM
I would check his medicals, but Broncos should definitely take a look... Bailey might be in his last year or 2 of being a CB. Having 2 CB's on the field that never have to move will greatly help disguise scheme... but I just don't know how we'd deal with 2014. Bailey would still be on his last year of his contract...

We'd have to do some real restructuring of some contracts to get him on the team but I'd love to have him aboard. Finding a CB of his caliber is not easy no matter what pick you have.

rbackfactory80
01-24-2013, 04:02 AM
The Orangemane only likes players well past their prime.

BroncoBrett
01-24-2013, 08:16 AM
I say yes! and this is when you move champ to safety. Our secondary becomes right away the best in the NFL. Champ is getting long in the tooth and would be a better Woodson next year if we bring in Revis. I'd say absolutely do it. If its financially benificial for the team ie lets us still resign our FA and outside URFA..

TheReverend
01-24-2013, 08:19 AM

Oh ****, that'd be awesome. Adding a healthy Revis, Orakpo, Carriker, Davis, etc could be ass-kicking time.

bowtown
01-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Oh ****, that'd be awesome. Adding a healthy Revis, Orakpo, Carriker, Davis, etc could be ass-kicking time.

Why do you hate Von Miller so much?

TheReverend
01-24-2013, 08:51 AM

The same reason you hate pull ups and instead only workout your calves.

Bmore Manning
01-24-2013, 09:13 AM
This is the best young CB in the league! Without question I would inquire to the price. I would restructure Champ so that he's our #2CB and that would be dynamic!

2KBack
01-24-2013, 09:19 AM
This is the best young CB in the league! Without question I would inquire to the price. I would restructure Champ so that he's our #2CB and that would be dynamic!

I don't know if I would call 28 young (in football terms), not quite old, but certainly not young

bronco militia
01-24-2013, 09:21 AM
Where are you going to get the money to pay him?

2013 3,000,000 3,000,000 3,000,000 9,000,000

raise ticket prices?

who the **** cares!!

Bmore Manning
01-24-2013, 09:39 AM
I don't know if I would call 28 young (in football terms), not quite old, but certainly not young

Easily 4 more years of domination, especially in win now mode. He's not exactly been really tested over his career. Teams tend to throw to the opposite side of the field. Not alot of mileage on the tires so to speak.

2KBack
01-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Easily 4 more years of domination, especially in win now mode. He's not exactly been really tested over his career. Teams tend to throw to the opposite side of the field. Not alot of mileage on the tires so to speak.

He has missed like 17 games over the last 3 years or something though. Not sure how much of that is injury and how much is holdout.

The talent is there for sure, but he feels like a guy with some baggage. I like that we are a relatively baggage free team right now.

Mountain Bronco
01-24-2013, 10:15 AM
I would inquire, but wouldn't give up a lot unless a long term deal is worked out. I also think it fixes a need as you would have 3 great CB and could afford to roll with the safeties we have considering the talent level at CB.

broncocalijohn
01-24-2013, 10:17 AM

...and say, "How can we **** you over again?"

Play2win
01-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Revis + Baily-Reed FTW

BroncoBrett
01-24-2013, 04:02 PM
...and say, "How can we **** you over again?"

Hilarious!Hilarious! exactly!!!

extralife
01-24-2013, 04:14 PM

what the hell does "mileage" mean for a CB?

Kaylore
01-24-2013, 04:30 PM
The same reason you hate pull ups and instead only workout your calves.

So you hate Von Miller because of the spray-tanned guy giving out free advice at the gym?

Bmore Manning
01-24-2013, 04:33 PM
what the hell does "mileage" mean for a CB?

What I'm getting at is, because he's not tested often, he's pretty fresh for 28.. He sees some of the fewest attempts of passes thrown his way, that his best football is still ahead of him.

TheReverend
01-24-2013, 04:48 PM
So you hate Von Miller because of the spray-tanned guy giving out free advice at the gym?

I hate that you followed that thought-process out.

Ironlung
01-24-2013, 05:12 PM
I find this funny. Rex will throw Revis on the tradeblock, but stick by sh!thole Sanchez. I even remember him saying "Sanchez will be our starter for as long as I'm coach."

lonestar
01-24-2013, 05:53 PM
raise ticket prices?

who the **** cares!!

You do realize that all of the salaries have to fit under the salary cap. At last official accounting we had 18.5 million to spend as well as rookies to sign and then there is a need for an OLT and punter. That 18.5 will not allow much extra to be spent On frills.

extralife
01-24-2013, 06:27 PM
What I'm getting at is, because he's not tested often, he's pretty fresh for 28.. He sees some of the fewest attempts of passes thrown his way, that his best football is still ahead of him.

it's not like a running back, your body doesn't break down when a QB throws the ball in your direction. CBs don't break down, they just lose the speed and agility necessary to play the position.

extralife
01-24-2013, 06:28 PM
I find this funny. Rex will throw Revis on the tradeblock, but stick by ****hole Sanchez. I even remember him saying "Sanchez will be our starter for as long as I'm coach."

one of these two players is tradeable. the other is not. nor does rex ryan make those decisions.

Cache Glades
01-24-2013, 08:41 PM
I seem to remember the last time we traded for the best cb in the league it working out pretty well for us. If he would agree to sign a long term deal I would deal 2 ones for him. Well be picking late anyway.
And while we're at it, cut champ (not even close to being worth 11m at age 35) and restructure Peyton's deal with a big bonus since now we know he's healthy.

extralife
01-24-2013, 08:48 PM
yeah, cut champ, that's a great idea. who do I have to talk to to make you my GM.

Cache Glades
01-24-2013, 08:51 PM
yeah, cut champ, that's a great idea. who do I have to talk to to make you my GM.

Was your electricity out 2 Sundays ago?

extralife
01-24-2013, 08:58 PM
wouldn't matter, I was at the game. which means I got to see things.

but here, lets run a thought experiment:

pretend that you aren't dumb and that Champ was completely awful that game. it's in the books, he fell down on an invisible banana peel ten times and ran off the field crying.

what about that all pro season he just put in? what about the fact that he's the longest tenured Bronco and the face of the franchise, and that to even entertain the possibility of cutting him like a retard would destroy the locker room? what about the fact that we, you know, want to win a super bowl next year?

or just go back to running the Broncos on Madden like an idiot, whatever works.

lonestar
01-24-2013, 09:10 PM
I seem to remember the last time we traded for the best cb in the league it working out pretty well for us. If he would agree to sign a long term deal I would deal 2 ones for him. Well be picking late anyway.
And while we're at it, cut champ (not even close to being worth 11m at age 35) and restructure Peyton's deal with a big bonus since now we know he's healthy.

Glad your not in charge.

ZONA
01-24-2013, 09:31 PM
no the hell there isn't. if the CB doesn't get roasted in coverage and allow the Jones to get 6 yards away then Moore's bad play on the ball is moot and we win that game.

Watch the play again. He didn't get roasted. He was clearly playing a zone and "dropped" coverage expecting the help over top. He got the help, but the help played the ball wrong and here we are.

Well Revis would NO DOUBT be an instant upgrade on this defense. But I think his cost would mean that you would not be looking at any FA MLB's or DT's that are really high end. I can't say it would be a bad move either because the dude is only 27 and he is a very well rounded CB, much like Champ in his prime. In a few years Champ will be gone and we would still have this guy. If we landed him, wow, that would be a nice secondary as far as your CB's go. Champ, Revis and Harris playing the nickel. Still would hope to get 1 good safety to go along with them and hopefully we could find a decent MLB and DT. Maybe if Revis wanted a real shot at a few rings with Manning he could be traded here and restructure the contract.

extralife
01-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Revis has held out twice and structured his contract so that he's in complete control of it. The chances of him taking less to play with the Broncos are ridiculously low.

Bacchus
01-25-2013, 03:41 AM
Think about this guys. Revis will be a FA after next season. If Denver could send the jets a 4th or 5th and get Revis it would be awesome. If Revis plays very well then the Broncos could think about re-signing him. If Revis wants too much money they let him go to FA.

On a one year deal I would not mind paying him $11 million. He'll be worth it for one year. He might just get a SB ring in Denver. Maybe he'll play so good Denver will re-sign him and move Champ to Safety?

I wouldn't just say "hell no" on this. His one year deal means that he will probably be traded cheap and that will give Denver all the flexibility on what they want to do with him after the 2013 season.

It really depends on the market. Some team might come in with a 2nd rounder and give Revis a new contract. Then of course I would not want Denver being that team.

Bmore Manning
01-25-2013, 06:59 AM
His cap hit is $9 million this year.. You restructure Champ to $5 million and your almost paying what we paid for Bailey and Porter last year. But now you have the best CB in the league with another top 10 CB who is plenty talented enough to be your number 2..

But it's gonna cost a first rounder..

socalorado
01-25-2013, 07:02 AM
If Revis is given a clean bill of health, and looks great by the FO, then hell yeah you do whatever you can to sign the best CB in the NFL.
Draft a MLB and another DT.
My opinion of the DT position is to continuosly draft them every year at some point regardless of need simply because its a coveted position, and they are always wanting insane $$$ when their contract is up.
DEN doesnt need a whole lot on either side of the ball, so drafting to address those needs, and then getting a superstar at CB would be perfect.

socalorado
01-25-2013, 07:04 AM
His cap hit is $9 million this year.. You restructure Champ to $5 million and your almost paying what we paid for Bailey and Porter last year. But now you have the best CB in the league with another top 10 CB who is plenty talented enough to be your number 2..

Yeah, theres no way this doesnt cost DEN a 1st rounder.

Bacchus
01-25-2013, 07:43 AM

LOL.... and you think Bailey is going to restructure to $5 million?Hilarious!

Beantown Bronco
01-25-2013, 08:09 AM

There's a HUGE difference between restructure and paycut. In a restructure, all they're doing is moving money around on the books from salary to bonus, etc., but Champ would still get every penny he was promised in his contract. He'd just count less against the cap.

Bmore Manning
01-25-2013, 08:16 AM

Glad your amused. Why should he be paid $9 million to be our #2 corner? He wants a SB.. It's more realistic than getting Revis for a 5TH ROUND PICK!

2KBack
01-25-2013, 08:17 AM
I don't care about the restructuring...I don't want to trade a 1st rounder for a guy notorious for whining about a contract and holding out and at a position that is not our weakest.

gyldenlove
01-25-2013, 08:42 AM

His cap hit is 9 million to the Jets, less than that to a team who signs him because prorated bonuses, it would only be 6 million to any team that trades for him (3 million salary, 1 million roster bonus, 1 million workout bonus, 1 million reporting bonus).

BroncoBrett
01-25-2013, 08:42 AM
I find this funny. Rex will throw Revis on the tradeblock, but stick by ****hole Sanchez. I even remember him saying "Sanchez will be our starter for as long as I'm coach."

Well he is forever attached to Sanchez. lol..

Cache Glades
01-25-2013, 09:08 AM

Champ was the highest payed CB in the league last season.. if anyone owes anybody anything , he owes us. And after the Baltimore debacle I dont see how Elway asking Champ to take one for the team is so blasphemes. It's a business and ask Shanahan and Pat Bowlen how paying guys for past performance worked out in 2000 and 2001.

http://www.numeroten.com/top-10-lists/sports/top-10-highest-paid-cornerbacks-2012-in-the-nfl/

Cache Glades
01-25-2013, 09:13 AM
His cap hit is 9 million to the Jets, less than that to a team who signs him because prorated bonuses, it would only be 6 million to any team that trades for him (3 million salary, 1 million roster bonus, 1 million workout bonus, 1 million reporting bonus).

Well you dont trade for Revis unless he agrees to a long-term deal, atleast in principal. He'll cost 11-12 million a year over 5-6 years with a 15-20M bonus and we would have to give up atleast a 1st with a starter or two 1st. Possibly Chris Harris , a 3rd and this yrs first.

Rascal
01-25-2013, 09:34 AM
Think about this guys. Revis will be a FA after next season. If Denver could send the jets a 4th or 5th and get Revis it would be awesome. If Revis plays very well then the Broncos could think about re-signing him. If Revis wants too much money they let him go to FA.

You have obviously missed the reports of the Jets wanting at least a first round pick.

Beantown Bronco
01-25-2013, 09:45 AM
You have obviously missed the reports of the Jets wanting at least a first round pick.

What are they supposed to do? Start negotiations at a 4th rounder?

Have you never heard of the concept of negotiating before? You always ask for MORE than you want/expect and negotiate from there.

They can "demand" a first all they want. They're probably not going to get it though.

BroncoBeavis
01-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Champ was the highest payed CB in the league last season.. if anyone owes anybody anything , he owes us. And after the Baltimore debacle I dont see how Elway asking Champ to take one for the team is so blasphemes. It's a business and ask Shanahan and Pat Bowlen how paying guys for past performance worked out in 2000 and 2001.

http://www.numeroten.com/top-10-lists/sports/top-10-highest-paid-cornerbacks-2012-in-the-nfl/

He earned it for every game but one. If we want to start collecting refunds from players I don't think it should be limited to Champ.

LetsGoBroncos
01-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Denver is interested according to this report. I think it would be dumb to give up a lot for him. Probably past his prime and coming off a serious knee injury. Is it worth a first round pick and then some plus the money he would cost?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/21612943/gold-rush-forming-for-possible-revis-trade

RaiderH8r
01-25-2013, 10:42 AM

To be fair to Rex, they can actually get something in return for Revis instead of laughter and used condoms.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-25-2013, 10:50 AM
This is one of those situations where I'd rather it not happen, if if it did, id talk myself into it pretty easily. I guess a lot depends what they give up.

BroncoBeavis
01-25-2013, 10:54 AM
Denver is interested according to this report. I think it would be dumb to give up a lot for him. Probably past his prime and coming off a serious knee injury. Is it worth a first round pick and then some plus the money he would cost?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/21612943/gold-rush-forming-for-possible-revis-trade

He's not going to be worth it, at least not for us. But he's only 27 years old. I'm not sure how that could ever be considered past prime.

I'll be pissy if we give up our 1st for him though. We have bigger needs.

TheReverend
01-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Well he is forever attached to Sanchez. lol..

He could find a QB to wear #8. Pretty easy fix to the tattoo.

NFLBRONCO
01-25-2013, 11:18 AM
On the surface heck yeah on the move. Problem is he isn't our last piece needed for SB run. Front 7 is our weakness. If Denver does this move we are going all chips infor 13.

NickStixx
01-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Just draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd round. We don't need Revis. Coming off an injury, who's to say he will ever be the same? I don't want to trade Chris Harris at all... We have another year, maybe 2 with Champ at CB. Everyone needs to chill out about him. He had a bad game. Move on.

Punisher
01-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Trade for Revis with the 2nd and the 3rd. Sign Ed Reed,and draft the best DT available with the 1st pick. Problem solved Super Bowl

TheReverend
01-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Trade for Revis with the 2nd and the 3rd. Sign Ed Reed,and draft the best DT available with the 1st pick. Problem solved Super Bowl

A late 2nd and 3rd do not get a Darrelle Revis.

Bigdawg26
01-25-2013, 12:37 PM

That would be great, but I doubt that's gonna happen. You gonna have to get up at least a first for Revis (maybe even a 3rd), Ed Reed is going to most likely colts (with his old college and DB coach) or back home to NO.

rbackfactory80
01-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Ed Reed has some great leadership qualities. I think we should really give him a look.

Bacchus
01-25-2013, 12:55 PM

You are delusional if you think Fox and Elway is going to demand Champ take a paycut. You are a friggin idiot if you think Champ is going to accept a pay cut to $5 million. Champ will say if you don't like my salary cut me.

Heyneck
01-25-2013, 01:22 PM
You are delusional if you think Fox and Elway is going to demand Champ take a paycut. You are a friggin idiot if you think Champ is going to accept a pay cut to $5 million. Champ will say if you don't like my salary cut me.

Agree, no way we ask Champ anything. Even moving to safety. Anyway... I am all for the Revis signing as long as we structure his deal like we did with Manning. That way we are covered in case he doesn't heal right.

NickStixx
01-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Ed Reed is going to be a Raven next year.

Drunk Monkey
01-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Unretire Portis
Sign Portis
Trade for Revis.........It worked last time.

DBroncos4life
01-25-2013, 02:00 PM

I would cut the **** out of any player that isn't a team player. Champ would have to be a god damn retard to think he will get more then 5 million dollars as a FA as well.

BroncoBeavis
01-25-2013, 02:09 PM
I would cut the **** out of any player that isn't a team player. Champ would have to be a god damn retard to think he will get more then 5 million dollars as a FA as well.

Yeah, there's no way Champ would ever see Joe Mays or DJ Williams kinda money. LOL

It was one bad game, FFS.

Cache Glades
01-25-2013, 03:08 PM
I'll be pissy if we give up our 1st for him though. We have bigger needs.

You wouldnt give up the 26th pick for Revis Island? Really? Think about that **** for a second and about the the type of talent we'll probably end up with at 26 or where ever were picking.

Taco John
01-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Ed Reed is going to be a Raven next year.

Likewise, I expect that Champ Bailey will be a CB next year too.

lonestar
01-25-2013, 03:14 PM
You wouldnt give up the 26th pick for Revis Island? Really? Think about that **** for a second and about the the type of talent we'll probably end up with at 26 or where ever were picking.

No and I would not even give them our 28th pick either.

Are you even old enough to post here?

Cache Glades
01-25-2013, 03:16 PM

And they should consider cutting him if they can land Revis. Unless youre a QB, you have zero business being 35 and the highest payed at your position. Use that 11 Million to sign a DL, WR and S. REvis and Champ make the same. Ill take the 27 yr old REvis minus a 1st rounder over the 35 yr old Champ every ****ing day man. **** Loyalty. Youre right, he wont accept a pay cut so why should we show him loyalty?

lonestar
01-25-2013, 03:23 PM
And they should consider cutting him if they can land Revis. Unless youre a QB, you have zero business being 35 and the highest payed at your position. Use that 11 Million to sign a DL, WR and S. REvis and Champ make the same. Ill take the 27 yr old REvis minus a 1st rounder over the 35 yr old Champ every ****ing day man. **** Loyalty. Youre right, he wont accept a pay cut so why should we show him loyalty?

Yet Daryl Greene played CB till he was 42.

I still there should be a minimum age limit for posting on here.

Btw you have no idea what Champ is going do. How about a little respect for someone that seems to have more class in his little finger than you seem to have..

BroncoBeavis
01-25-2013, 03:23 PM

That's our 26th pick for the 1(one) year remaining on his contract. A contract that contains a no-franchise clause. Any team that goes after that kind of deal needs to think they're only a CB away from contention.

We're not a CB away so much as an MLB or RB away (if that)

NFLBRONCO
01-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Denver needs DT MLB G RB WR and resign Clady and Revis to be true contenders can that be done?

DBroncos4life
01-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Likewise, I expect that Champ Bailey will be a CB next year too.

I agree 100%. Still you can't tell me there wasn't a Broncos player during our championship runs that didn't put the team first. Champ should be the same way.

extralife
01-25-2013, 04:19 PM
I agree 100%. Still you can't tell me there wasn't a Broncos player during our championship runs that didn't put the team first. Champ should be the same way.

your right, he should be team first like darelle revis who has NEVER held out for more money and is not at all complaining about his contract again

these idiot fans throwing champ under the bus left and right are really starting to piss me off.

extralife
01-25-2013, 04:22 PM
I'm quite glad that CBS sports article pegs the Niners as interested. That's a great fit and came immediately to mind for me. He would be the missing piece if they weren't already about to win the super bowl anyway!

Bmore Manning
01-25-2013, 04:33 PM
I thought Beatdown summed up what I was saying about a Champ RESTRUCTURE. He would still get his money, it would be a lightened cap hit. Why is that not sinking in?? And I would bet Bailey would take a PAY CUT to pair up with Revis. If he wants a SB as badly as we all think, adding Revis would certainly help the cause.

rugbythug
01-25-2013, 06:39 PM
One NFL general manager called the trade interest in Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis “one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever.” He likened the growing interest in Revis to when Reggie White was leaving Philadelphia as a free agent or the Peyton Manning sweepstakes last year. That, basically, says it all about what's happening with Revis.

The possibility of a Revis trade, first reported by CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, is no longer just a possibility, according to a variety of sources. The Jets are strongly leaning toward the trade and teams are considering giving up significant capital to get him.

"There's a Revis gold rush forming,” said a general manager.

The teams highly interested in Revis are looking at teams like the Seahawks and the two Super Bowl participants and how despite this being an offense-driven league now, defenses still can dramatically and quickly change a team's fortune.

Several team sources are claiming the Jets want a first- and second-round pick for Revis, which is astronomical payment considering Revis -- while one of the best players in all of football -- is coming off knee surgery and will want a hefty contract.

The Jets won't get a one and two (no way), but teams think the Jets can get a nice gaggle of picks and a player.

Sources say one of the teams highly interested is the New England Patriots, but not even the Jets, who have made some screwy decisions over the years, would trade Revis to the division-rival Patriots and, in the process, hand them a Super Bowl.

Other teams highly interested, I'm told, are Denver, San Francisco, Buffalo (not happening -- division rival), and even Seattle, which already has some of the best defensive backs in the game. One team also constantly mentioned by league sources is Green Bay, though the Packers, possessors of one of the best front offices in all of sports, usually don't give up high-round picks.

So the race to get Revis is on.

Who will win?

errand
01-25-2013, 06:40 PM

You sure about that?

errand
01-25-2013, 06:44 PM
The Orangemane only likes players well past their prime.

...and RB's that are on the practice squad.

errand
01-25-2013, 06:48 PM

Because he's not Patrick Petersen, he's not a CB, he's not the player Rev wanted the Broncos to draft in '11, and he didn't go to LSU.....or all of the above.

errand
01-25-2013, 06:59 PM
You do realize that all of the salaries have to fit under the salary cap. At last official accounting we had 18.5 million to spend as well as rookies to sign and then there is a need for an OLT and punter. That 18.5 will not allow much extra to be spent On frills.

You do realize that teams renegotiate, restructure contracts and release other players to free up cap space to sign other players who maybe more expensive and potentially upgrade the team, right?

errand
01-25-2013, 07:10 PM

Well, depends on how badly he wants a SB ring....he may be willing to restructure his contract if he believes Revis would increase the chances of him winning a SB ring.

Champ is HoF bound if he never plays another snap....he's made millions of $$$$ and probably has more than he could ever spend....he's a well respected player and person and has accomplished more than many have in his NFL career. So why keep playing into his late 30's where Father Time is very unforgiving and mandates your speed and agility skills erode?

There's only one answer why he still plays at 35 years of age when other CB's are retiring......to be called a champion, and get a ring.

CEH
01-25-2013, 07:30 PM
I think Denver starts with Doom to gauge the interest

DBroncos4life
01-25-2013, 07:51 PM
your right, he should be team first like darelle revis who has NEVER held out for more money and is not at all complaining about his contract again

these idiot fans throwing champ under the bus left and right are really starting to piss me off.

Yeah I remember saying trade for Revis Hilarious!

Lestat
01-25-2013, 08:33 PM
i don't give a crap what he cost. this is similar to when Bailey became available years ago. it would be a huge addition to the D and fortify a key area of need.
the impact that Revis would have on this defense and for Bailey would be epic.

Tombstone RJ
01-25-2013, 08:45 PM

are you high? Maybe start with Joe Mays and then throw in a draft pick or two.

RaiderH8r
01-25-2013, 09:29 PM

I wouldn't start with ****. I would ask them their price and go from there. That's day one negotiation stuff man.

extralife
01-25-2013, 10:36 PM
i don't give a crap what he cost. this is similar to when Bailey became available years ago. it would be a huge addition to the D and fortify a key area of need.
the impact that Revis would have on this defense and for Bailey would be epic.

three problems, of course.

1. Bailey wasn't coming off a torn ACL. and it's not even a common injury at all for a DB, so it's hard to gauge how easy it is to come back from. agility is kind of important to top flight corner play.

2. CB is not particularly a weakness on this team. when we traded for Bailey, we had a gaping hole at corner. Ask Peyton about the 2003 Broncos secondary.

3. I know we had to open up the checkbook for Champ when we traded for him, but the numbers being tossed around in regards to Revis are $16 million a year. That's an absurd contract. And we have to pay Clady as it is.

lonestar
01-26-2013, 01:34 AM

1. Bailey wasn't coming off a torn ACL. and it's not even a common injury at all for a DB, so it's hard to gauge how easy it is to come back from. agility is kind of important to top flight corner play.

2. CB is not particularly a weakness on this team. when we traded for Bailey, we had a gaping hole at corner. Ask Peyton about the 2003 Broncos secondary.

3. I know we had to open up the checkbook for Champ when we traded for him, but the numbers being tossed around in regards to Revis are $16 million a year. That's an absurd contract. And we have to pay Clady as it is.

You are spot on with 1,2 and 3a.

As for Clady. Not sure we can afford him long term and certainly can't revis.

Iirc we have 23 pr so ufA as of the end of 2013. Four or five of them are for sure keepers. Plus just having to replace that many bodies to fill out the roster will be big money anyway. Figure at about 700k average for the last 16-17 and your talking some real money.

Cache Glades
01-26-2013, 06:32 AM

The whole "he's coming back from ACL" arguments are moot after what AP did last season.
Look, he was the Jets Defense when they were making championship runs. Any Broncos fan who was following the team in the early to mid 00's should understand fully how valuable a shut down CB is to your team. It baffles me that people on here have such short memories.

And for all the flack Revis gets for his attitude and holding out, it doesnt matter. The dude showed up every sunday and basically shutoff one side of the field for the offense.

Powderaddict
01-26-2013, 07:40 AM
are you high? Maybe start with Joe Mays and then throw in a draft pick or two.

Why would the Jets want Mays?

rmsanger
01-26-2013, 07:46 AM
Would be nice having a CB again that could actually keep up and cover somebody. Chump has lost multiple steps and will be relegated to S or sidelines.... But at his salary he's near cuttable.

Bacchus
01-26-2013, 08:53 AM
Revis would be nice but I think Denver is good enough on the edges, despite the breakdowns against Baltimore. There are coaches that say great teams are strong up the middle.

DT, MLB and Safeties.

You could say Denver is weakest at all these positions.

BroncoBeavis
01-26-2013, 09:03 AM
The whole "he's coming back from ACL" arguments are moot after what AP did last season.
Look, he was the Jets Defense when they were making championship runs. Any Broncos fan who was following the team in the early to mid 00's should understand fully how valuable a shut down CB is to your team. It baffles me that people on here have such short memories.

And for all the flack Revis gets for his attitude and holding out, it doesnt matter. The dude showed up every sunday and basically shutoff one side of the field for the offense.

Champ was the best corner in the league in 2004. Yet that year ended pretty much the same way 2003 did (when Champ was a Redskin) Our biggest failure was (and is) in the front 7.

nyuk nyuk
01-26-2013, 09:11 AM
Revis may have to come to a realization that means he needs to be willing to sacrifice some in the pay department to have a serious shot at the Super Bowl. Or he can languish with losers and roll in his money to comfort his bald fingers.

rbackfactory80
01-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Expect the Patriots to be very aggressive this offseason and next. There window is closing in the next couple of years and they will be going after some key Free Agents.

winstoncup bronco
01-26-2013, 09:59 AM
According to someone familiar with his thinking, Revis is seeking a contract similar to or “just north of’’ the deal the Bills gave defensive end Mario Williams — six years, $96 million with $50 million guaranteed. That is the largest contract for a defensive player in NFL history.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/revis_wants_to_run_dash_N7JtAAmUowI7BwNng58MAP

nyuk nyuk
01-26-2013, 10:29 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/revis_wants_to_run_dash_N7JtAAmUowI7BwNng58MAP

He doesn't deserve that kind of money.

nyuk nyuk
01-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Revis would be nice but I think Denver is good enough on the edges, despite the breakdowns against Baltimore. There are coaches that say great teams are strong up the middle.

DT, MLB and Safeties.

You could say Denver is weakest at all these positions.

One game indeed doesn't mean we need to gut the defensive backfield, but what a horrible time to cover so terribly. What an epic ****storm that game was.

lonestar
01-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Expect the Patriots to be very aggressive this offseason and next. There window is closing in the next couple of years and they will be going after some key Free Agents.

Why do you say that The Window is closing. They actually have more space than we do.

While Brady is not spring chicken he has a lot of tread let on those tires.

NFLBRONCO
01-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Love Doom but, let's face the facts.

He's an all pro in a 3-4 D. He is nothing special in a 4-3 D.

Tombstone RJ
01-26-2013, 01:53 PM

they probably wouldn't but that's where you start the negotiating, besides you never know what they may take so it's better to start low. I was not serious about Mays but trying to make a point.

lonestar
01-26-2013, 02:21 PM

Doom is special at pass rush.. IF and when they get some quality BIGGIES inside the DL he will be just that more special..

I have said it since 2002 if you have quality on the DL then everyone behind them is just that much better.. You do not need all pros as DBs because they do not have to cover their man forever..

the NYG have proved that point for years good players behind their great DL and they win the battles most of the time..

the fact is you can not afford to have 5-7 all pros on a team they just flat cost to much.. but get those run stopping/ pocket collapsing BIGGIE guys. Nagata/Wilfork and everyone around them gets better..

IF we can find one biggie guy to match up with Ayers on the other side that gives us three guys that do it all with DOOM getting some more sacks.. and Von going nuts chasing them down or into Dooms path..

bigbucks24
01-26-2013, 02:42 PM

Because AD did it, everyone will? No question. No discussion?

bigbucks24
01-26-2013, 02:47 PM

I doubt the Jets, in cap HELL, are interested in a $10-$12 million a year DE. They are more than $19 million over next years cap, and they still need to sign their own free agents and draft picks. They want picks. They need cheap players. They are looking to unload DR's salary as well as get SOMETHING because they will not be able to sign him next year.

extralife
01-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Would be nice having a CB again that could actually keep up and cover somebody. Chump has lost multiple steps and will be relegated to S or sidelines.... But at his salary he's near cuttable.

where do all these idiots keep coming from

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-26-2013, 05:50 PM
where do all these idiots keep coming from

I have no idea but that guy seems like a high ranking officer in their army of stupidity.

Punisher
01-26-2013, 06:07 PM
He doesn't deserve that kind of money.

Not even MW deserve that money

errand
01-26-2013, 06:59 PM

why would the Jets want Tebow? who the hell knows what their brain trust is thinking......

Bacchus
01-27-2013, 04:58 AM

12 sacks, 6 FF and many many QB pressures is nothing special? He is also in competition with Von Miller in getting these sacks.

Doom is fine. If anything you draft a DE to take Ayers/Wolfman spot and then you just freelance Miller in pass rush situations. Don't think about getting rid of Doom unless you get a 1st and 3rd for him.

If Denver cane re-sign Bannan and Vickerson I am totally comfortable with the DL as is. I think Malik Jackson could become a very solid contributer to this team.

Re-sign Bannan and Vickerson Draft a MLB and a Safety in the first two rounds. Substitute CB in the place of S if Champ is going to be moved there after the 2013 season.

MagicHef
01-27-2013, 08:53 AM

There were 9 players that had more pressures this season than Doom. All but one of those 9 (Von) had more pass rushing snaps than Doom.

Some had way more. Jared Allen rushed the passer on 146 more plays, and managed 14 more pressures.

Bacchus
01-27-2013, 04:48 PM
There were 9 players that had more pressures this season than Doom. All but one of those 9 (Von) had more pass rushing snaps than Doom.

Some had way more. Jared Allen rushed the passer on 146 more plays, and managed 14 more pressures.

I agree, and none of them had to compete with Von Miller on the other side for sacks.

MagicHef
01-27-2013, 06:16 PM
I agree, and none of them had to compete with Von Miller on the other side for sacks.

The fact that we have one of the top 10 pass rushers in the league as our #2 rusher is ridiculous.

The fact that people are unhappy with him might be more ridiculous.

TheReverend
01-27-2013, 06:29 PM
The fact that we have one of the top 10 pass rushers in the league as our #2 rusher is ridiculous.

So much this. Repped.

TonyR
01-28-2013, 09:28 AM
If you believe the stats linked below it doesn't appear as if CB is one of our major concerns right now...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/signature-stats-first-downs-allowed-cornerbacks/

Rascal
01-28-2013, 09:45 AM
If you believe the stats linked below it doesn't appear as if CB is one of our major concerns right now...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/signature-stats-first-downs-allowed-cornerbacks/

Do TDs count as first downs?

that was a joke

TheReverend
01-28-2013, 09:46 AM

Those numbers would only be accurate if the entire league was playing isolated man coverage every down.

...which by the way, VERY rarely happens at all.

bronco militia
01-28-2013, 09:51 AM

this^

Rascal
01-28-2013, 10:04 AM

SI's Peter King gets the sense executive VP John Elway will try hard to convince Broncos owner Pat Bowlen that Darrelle Revis is the missing piece in Denver.

If the Jets choose to shop him, I have a feeling Denver football operations czar John Elway will try hard to convince owner Pat Bowlen that Revis would be the missing piece to a championship team. The Broncos are $14.2 million under the cap this morning, but that doesn't include the estimated $10 million they'd need to budget for free agent tackle Ryan Clady, who's a must-keep. That could be lower, of course, with a long-term deal for Clady. And they could save money by reworking Peyton Manning's $20 million cap number this year.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130128/super-bowl-xlvii-preview-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/#ixzz2JI5hlRxs

RaiderH8r
01-28-2013, 06:52 PM

SI's Peter King gets the sense executive VP John Elway will try hard to convince Broncos owner Pat Bowlen that Darrelle Revis is the missing piece in Denver.

If the Jets choose to shop him, I have a feeling Denver football operations czar John Elway will try hard to convince owner Pat Bowlen that Revis would be the missing piece to a championship team. The Broncos are $14.2 million under the cap this morning, but that doesn't include the estimated $10 million they'd need to budget for free agent tackle Ryan Clady, who's a must-keep. That could be lower, of course, with a long-term deal for Clady. And they could save money by reworking Peyton Manning's $20 million cap number this year.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130128/super-bowl-xlvii-preview-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/#ixzz2JI5hlRxs

The good news is that Peter King is a fat sack of suck.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-28-2013, 06:58 PM
The good news is that Peter King is a fat sack of suck.

He really is my least favorite sportswriter these days. He's so old world judgemental.

RaiderH8r
01-28-2013, 07:28 PM
He really is my least favorite sportswriter these days. He's so old world judgemental.

That said, Revis island is some very costly real estate.

Cache Glades
01-28-2013, 08:43 PM
I don't think it possible to sign revis and clady to long term deals without cutting either champ or doom. I guess pat could sign some massive bonus checks and rework some deals but I just don't see it. Maybe u franchise clady and keep revis on his current deal, but that seems risky.

NFLBRONCO
01-28-2013, 09:21 PM
What about pass rush? Even with Revis and Champ unless we get near QB better we won't go anywhere.

bowtown
01-28-2013, 09:42 PM
What about pass rush? Even with Revis and Champ unless we get near QB better we won't go anywhere.

We led the league in sacks.