PDA

View Full Version : The NFL is getting out of control.

Quoydogs
01-23-2013, 12:31 PM
The NFL just fined Frank Gore 10,500 dollars for wearing his socks too low. Hilarious! C'mon Really Hilarious!

As per schefter on FB. I'll try and find a link.

The NFL has fined Frank Gore $10,500 for wearing his socks too low during the NFC Championship Game, according to ESPN reporter Adam Schefter (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/294174764694663168).
Gore had his socks at ankle level against the Falcons on Sunday. The NFL has a policy where socks need to be pulled up to the knee level.

http://www.examiner.com/article/report-frank-gore-fined-for-wearing-socks-too-low

crush17
01-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Dear Offseason,

I hate you.

TonyR
01-23-2013, 12:37 PM
It's funny, I noticed during the game he often had his lower legs exposed college style and thinking "isn't that against the rules?" I guess my question has been answered, and Gore is paying for it.

gunns
01-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Does anyone remember what punishment the NFL handed down to Ray Lewis, if any?

bpc
01-23-2013, 12:57 PM
I saw him in the first half and second half like that. Rules are rules.

ludo21
01-23-2013, 01:02 PM
fine Brady!!!

Beantown Bronco
01-23-2013, 01:20 PM
fine Brady!!!

This is the one I'm most curious about.

WolfpackGuy
01-23-2013, 01:34 PM
It's funny, I noticed during the game he often had his lower legs exposed college style and thinking "isn't that against the rules?" I guess my question has been answered, and Gore is paying for it.

I noticed it too during the first half of the game, but didn't pay much attention afterwards.

Hard to believe it led to a fine.

nyuk nyuk
01-23-2013, 01:46 PM
He should have just tripped Thomas at the 5 and nobody would have noticed.

Lestat
01-23-2013, 01:57 PM
fine Brady!!!

i doubt that happens. i believe schefter has said many times on ESPN today that he didn't expect anything to come of it other than Brady apologizing to Reed.
which is BS because he intentionally slide and kicked his leg up.

Armchair Bronco
01-23-2013, 10:14 PM
I'd like to fine the Comish $10K for behavior unbecoming to The Clown Club of America.

lonestar
01-23-2013, 10:28 PM
Guessing so far no one that has posted is in management.

Uniforms are made to be worn in a prescribed manner. Hence the name uniform.

If you think it is to petty watch the lingerie football league. And pray someone is out of uniform.

It is going to be a very long offseason.

Ratboy
01-23-2013, 10:40 PM
I want to compare this with military regulations for uniforms, but I certainly don't get paperworker unless it's a reccuring issue.

Armchair Bronco
01-23-2013, 10:44 PM
What happens to all the money that is paid out in fines each year? Some kind of general retirement fund? Or hookers and booze for the Comish?

Ratboy
01-23-2013, 11:00 PM
What happens to all the money that is paid out in fines each year? Some kind of general retirement fund? Or hookers and booze for the Comish?

They are used for charitable purposes.

Armchair Bronco
01-23-2013, 11:02 PM

Just as I suspected. Hookers and booze.

Mile High 81
01-24-2013, 01:44 AM
Bardy was fined with 10.000 . Gore 10.500. This is a joke.

schaaf
01-25-2013, 01:21 PM
The socks has been a rule for years now and is a very well known rule. He chose to deliberately go against the rule. I could care less what they fined him.

Beantown Bronco
01-25-2013, 01:27 PM
The socks has been a rule for years now and is a very well known rule. He chose to deliberately go against the rule. I could care less what they fined him.

so is kicking other players...

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-25-2013, 02:08 PM
This is nothing new. Eric Davis played in a pro bowl. He wore a jersey too small that kept coming out untucked, because it was too small. The uniform was provided by the NFL. He was fined 10,000 dollars for wearing it untucked. Untucked because it was too small. A uniform that the NFL gave him to wear. I'm stressing the stupidity in this cause this is about a sabotage as you can get.

lonestar
01-25-2013, 02:18 PM

I believe the correct term or name is NFL charities.

Which ironically is tax decuctable for them. Those billionaires find ways to cut their profit as well as being tax cheats. (or as the libs would say)

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-25-2013, 02:38 PM
I believe the correct term or name is NFL charities.

Which ironically is tax decuctable for them. Those billionaires find ways to cut their profit as well as being tax cheats. (or as the libs would say)

The NFL itself is tax exempt. A "non profit"

Mogulseeker
01-25-2013, 03:24 PM
I have no problem with it.... wear your uniform correctly.

lonestar
01-25-2013, 03:30 PM
The NFL itself is tax exempt. A "non profit"

I don't think so..

pretty sure that it pays taxes..

lonestar
01-25-2013, 03:33 PM
I have no problem with it.... wear your uniform correctly.

simple concept when you think about it..

most companies have standards all the airlines do most car rental companies do and in fact any company that provides uniform pieces of any sort have rules on how to wear them to be presentable in public..

if the moron wants to wear his socks on his penis at home they do not care.. once he hits the public view well they want them on his feet.. not FOOT..

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-25-2013, 03:39 PM
I don't think so..

pretty sure that it pays taxes..

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDcQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.ajc.com%2Fjay-bookman-blog%2F2012%2F10%2F18%2Fdid-you-know-that-the-nfl-is-a-tax-exempt-nonprofit%2F&ei=XRcDUf7SJaWZiALMm4HwDw&usg=AFQjCNFNM19ZPnem5-QqnIYtHxS6pterUA

lonestar
01-25-2013, 03:56 PM
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDcQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.ajc.com%2Fjay-bookman-blog%2F2012%2F10%2F18%2Fdid-you-know-that-the-nfl-is-a-tax-exempt-nonprofit%2F&ei=XRcDUf7SJaWZiALMm4HwDw&usg=AFQjCNFNM19ZPnem5-QqnIYtHxS6pterUA

why thank you very much..

I had no idea..

I did know that during the merger they got anti trust exemption but did not know about the tax issue..

Considering that it has 32 owners as we speak it is an extraordinary feat..

ZONA
01-25-2013, 04:04 PM
No problems with either fine. Brady clearly had his leg way too high and could have seriously injured Reed. They already give the QB's an out by allowing them to slide. If they're allowed to slide and "sweep the leg" that's going too far. Gore is a big boy, I'm sure he knew he was wearing low socks and if he didn't, then I'm sure he knows now now.

lonestar
01-25-2013, 04:28 PM
No problems with either fine. Brady clearly had his leg way too high and could have seriously injured Reed. They already give the QB's an out by allowing them to slide. If they're allowed to slide and "sweep the leg" that's going too far. Gore is a big boy, I'm sure he knew he was wearing low socks and if he didn't, then I'm sure he knows now now.

IMO the sticking out his leg was self preservation.. once before he got hit low on the legs and was out the rest of the season albeit it was while he was in the pocket..

I would have done the same thing trying to protect my legs.. Since the opponent has not been known for playing fair and is one of the most penalized teams in the NFL damn straight I'd have been trying to protect ..

boltaneer
01-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Follow the rules, don't get fined.

Easy concept to follow.

Beantown Bronco
01-25-2013, 07:04 PM
IMO the sticking out his leg was self preservation.. once before he got hit low on the legs and was out the rest of the season albeit it was while he was in the pocket..

I would have done the same thing trying to protect my legs.. Since the opponent has not been known for playing fair and is one of the most penalized teams in the NFL damn straight I'd have been trying to protect ..

Oh, GTFO. Watch the play again. Reed is CLEARLY in the process of jumping up and over Brady before Brady initiates the contact. There was nothing to protect himself from. It's not like Reed was going in head down, looking to make contact. He was jumping up to avoid him.

huh??
01-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Brady even made a 2nd effort to get his foot up a little higher.

kappys
01-25-2013, 10:48 PM

Good Grief. That was a clear red card and dismal.

lonestar
01-26-2013, 12:27 AM
Good Grief. That was a clear red card and dismal.

I do not care, if it were me I'd do it again. I see it as defense of my legs and huevous.

DenverBound
01-26-2013, 06:23 AM
I do not care, if it were me I'd do it again. I see it as defense of my legs and huevous.

You and Brady are obviously cut from the same cloth. Bitch made.