PDA

View Full Version : Kupe Needs Another Surgery

Rohirrim
01-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Kuper didn’t suffer the same injury, but he’s going to be on the rehab track again this year. Kuper needs to have surgery to repair a break in his left fibula, a less serious issue than the several broken bones and torn ligaments resulting from his ankle dislocation.

“This one is less traumatic,” Kuper said, via Mike Klis of the Denver Post. “It doesn’t have all the other things wrong in there so I’m optimistic it will be a normal recovery.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/22/chris-kuper-needs-another-surgery-on-his-leg/

Broncos have to go Oline early in this draft.

2KBack
01-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Kuper needs to drink more milk or something. He didn't look right in that game.

schaaf
01-22-2013, 05:07 PM
What a tough year for Kupe. Hopefully he can make a full recovery and shake the injury bug

Play2win
01-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Kuper needs to drink more Power Plates or something. He didn't look right in that game.

FTP.

rmsanger
01-22-2013, 05:13 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/af/DryToast.jpg/220px-DryToast.jpg

Tombstone RJ
01-22-2013, 05:13 PM
bummer

Heyneck
01-22-2013, 05:17 PM
I have no doubt about Kupe coming back full strength. He is 1 tough son of a gun!!! And for those citing recent injury problems, sure he had a bad year with injuries. But that is it! 1 really bad year.

Rascal
01-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Yeah, bump up o-line on the needs list.

Hopefully he can come back and be himself, but Broncos need to prepare for otherwise

cutthemdown
01-22-2013, 05:48 PM
What did he have 2-3 holding calls in the playoff game? I agree we should go interior oline in the draft if just to prepare for another Kuper injury. That is unless they can find a good rent a vet guard to sign. You just never know what will be available to sign so its hard to say. Kuper has had a rough go of it lately to say the least.

UberBroncoMan
01-22-2013, 05:50 PM
What did he have 2-3 holding calls in the playoff game? I agree we should go interior oline in the draft if just to prepare for another Kuper injury. That is unless they can find a good rent a vet guard to sign. You just never know what will be available to sign so its hard to say. Kuper has had a rough go of it lately to say the least.

I'm pretty sure they were all complete BS calls though. Like on the run with Hester.

Kaylore
01-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Yeah that holding call was crap. And it had nothing to do with ankle. However we should add some interior depth just as a precaution. Between Koppen's age and both Walton and Kuper coming back from injuries, it would be wise to add depth and competition at the position.

ColoradoDarin
01-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Do not like. Man, it's been a tough year for him. Hopefully he will have a chance to get 100% this off season. Looks like we need more depth at a minimum.

Jens1893
01-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Somehow, some way ... I am not a 100% sure he´s coming back.

Bacchus
01-22-2013, 06:14 PM
I have no doubt about Kupe coming back full strength. He is 1 tough son of a gun!!! And for those citing recent injury problems, sure he had a bad year with injuries. But that is it! 1 really bad year.

Being tough and injury prone have nothing to do with each other. Most injury prone NFL players are tough sonsabitches.

I hope Blake is progressing well on the practice squad it'd be cool if he could replace Ramirez and push Kuper for a starting spot.

Heyneck
01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Being tough and injury prone have nothing to do with each other. Most injury prone NFL players are tough sonsab****es.

I hope Blake is progressing well on the practice squad it'd be cool if he could replace Ramirez and push Kuper for a starting spot.

So.. are you calling Kuper injury prone? Hilarious!

razorwire77
01-22-2013, 07:00 PM
I gotta imagine that one guy out of Jones, Warmack, and Cooper will be there at 28. Definitely, a real possiblity.

wolf754life
01-22-2013, 07:47 PM
the broncos need to move in another direction.

pricejj
01-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Would be nice if he could get the plate taken out, and the scar tissue removed. He certainly doesn't sound like he thinks has any chronic issues.

cutthemdown
01-22-2013, 10:09 PM
I gotta imagine that one guy out of Jones, Warmack, and Cooper will be there at 28. Definitely, a real possiblity.

Yep center is stacked in the draft this yr. Great time to be at the bottom of round one and grab a center.

LongDongJohnson
01-23-2013, 03:28 AM
Should have started Ramirez in the playoffs.

bowtown
01-23-2013, 04:55 AM
Awful lot of drama queens up in this thread. He's a lineman. They all need surgery in the offseason. But yes, by all means, lets cut him and get a rookie in there. That will fix everything.

TheReverend
01-23-2013, 05:00 AM
Yeah that holding call was crap. And it had nothing to do with ankle. However we should add some interior depth just as a precaution. Between Koppen's age and both Walton and Kuper coming back from injuries, it would be wise to add depth and competition at the position.

Personally, I'd love to see Kuper spend his recovery and the rest of the off-season working on his snap :)

cutthemdown
01-23-2013, 05:08 AM
Awful lot of drama queens up in this thread. He's a lineman. They all need surgery in the offseason. But yes, by all means, lets cut him and get a rookie in there. That will fix everything.

no one is saying cut him that i have seen. I think what people are saying is that outside of beadles and kuper the depth at guard drops quick. In fact there isn't really a young lineman you could see on the roster becoming a great player.

Then you throw in the fact Kuper has some injury issues right now and it makes perfect sense to take a talented young guard in the draft.

2KBack
01-23-2013, 05:32 AM
Personally, I'd love to see Kuper spend his recovery and the rest of the off-season working on his snap :)

That would be cool as **** actually. Been a while since we have had a good mauler at C.

TheReverend
01-23-2013, 06:01 AM
That would be cool as **** actually. Been a while since we have had a good mauler at C.

Yeah, I think the versatility would be important. Especially with never knowing how the draft will actually fall. Depth can be rendered meaningless without versatility.

If we can land a stud C? Awesome, plug him at G for a season while he learns.

Stud G? Awesome, Kuper's capable of playing C.

Stud OT? Awesome, kick Franklin inside.

2KBack
01-23-2013, 06:40 AM
Yeah, I think the versatility would be important. Especially with never knowing how the draft will actually fall. Depth can be rendered meaningless without versatility.

If we can land a stud C? Awesome, plug him at G for a season while he learns.

Stud G? Awesome, Kuper's capable of playing C.

Stud OT? Awesome, kick Franklin inside.

If I'm not mistaken, Kuper spent some time competing for RT at some point with Ryan Harris didn't he? I'm all about flexibility. That seems to be what we are going for one the Dline, why not do the same with the Oline.

TonyR
01-23-2013, 08:33 AM
This certainly calls into question why he played against the Ravens...

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/kuper-to-undergo-further-surgery-and-why-did-he-play-against-baltimore

His minus-7.4 grade from PFF is by far the worst given him during the site's five seasons of existence, and nobody - not Champ Bailey, not Rahim Moore - came even close to grading out as poorly in the loss. Kuper struggled in all facets, allowing two hits and one hurry against Peyton Manning, and getting whistled for three drive-killing holding penalties, although one of them was a highly questionable call (during Jacob Hester's would-be 3rd-and-1 conversion).

crush17
01-23-2013, 08:35 AM
It makes zero sense that they put him out there for that game. It was the worst game I've ever seen him play and this is obviously the reason - he wasn't healthy enough.

The coaching staff really had their poorest performance of the season at the absolute worst possible time.

Requiem
01-23-2013, 08:37 AM
He was clowned all game. Worst performance he has ever given. Really can't believe it.

nyuk nyuk
01-23-2013, 09:23 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/af/DryToast.jpg/220px-DryToast.jpg

I don't see Jesus there. He must still be angry about us shipping out Timmy. We're screwed.

nyuk nyuk
01-23-2013, 09:25 AM
It makes zero sense that they put him out there for that game. It was the worst game I've ever seen him play and this is obviously the reason - he wasn't healthy enough.

The coaching staff really had their poorest performance of the season at the absolute worst possible time.

One of several questionable coaching calls.

Play2win
01-23-2013, 09:29 AM
This certainly calls into question why he played against the Ravens...

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/kuper-to-undergo-further-surgery-and-why-did-he-play-against-baltimore

You would think, especially with an oline like ours, you would want the guy who had been starting the last oh so many games in there. Even more so, with Peyton, you want everybody on that oline to absolutely be on the same page.

DENVERDUI55
01-23-2013, 09:31 AM
What would Kuper's cap hit be if Denver sent him packing?

TheReverend
01-23-2013, 09:39 AM
What would Kuper's cap hit be if Denver sent him packing?

He's about 6 million in 2013. Cutting him would save almost all of it.

...but it'd be pretty stupid. Kuper's an excellent player who can come back from all of this and would probably be open to reworking his $.

Cutting him would be silly. What we NEED is a contingency plan that can fill for him or C depending on how the chips unfold. Not a permanent replacement

razorwire77
01-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Yeah, cutting Kuper isn't, nor should be an option. Hedging your bets against injuries by drafting interior line depth is a good idea. Walton, Kuper and Blake all suffered major injuries. Clady got dinged up too. Upgrading line depth from Ramirez would be a good idea. The top of the G/C class is really strong this year Jones, Cooper, Warmack and Fredrick are all probably going to be high-level NFL starters.

Houshyamama
01-23-2013, 10:35 AM

You shut right the **** up.

Beantown Bronco
01-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Can we blame the wife? Since he got married, he hasn't made it through a season without missing games to injury. Before the wedding, he never missed a game to injury.

TheReverend
01-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Can we blame the wife? Since he got married, he hasn't made it through a season without missing games to injury. Before the wedding, he never missed a game to injury.

I blame the dad.

I mean, what's his deal?

bowtown
01-23-2013, 01:04 PM
I blame the dad.

I mean, what's his deal?

Not enough Power Plates.

broncosteven
01-23-2013, 01:13 PM

That would be TITS!

I would love to see him move to C.

Great idea!

BroncoBeavis
01-23-2013, 01:15 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o7f3Myw8a_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mick is so wise. Like a miniature Buddha.

broncosteven
01-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Kuper didn’t suffer the same injury, but he’s going to be on the rehab track again this year. Kuper needs to have surgery to repair a break in his left fibula, a less serious issue than the several broken bones and torn ligaments resulting from his ankle dislocation.

“This one is less traumatic,” Kuper said, via Mike Klis of the Denver Post. “It doesn’t have all the other things wrong in there so I’m optimistic it will be a normal recovery.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/22/chris-kuper-needs-another-surgery-on-his-leg/

Broncos have to go Oline early in this draft.

Kuper isn't the 1st All Pro G we have who has undergone lots of surgeries.

go_broncos
01-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Pretty stupid on coaching staff to allow him play in the playoff game..

Bmore Manning
01-23-2013, 01:40 PM
I think the interior O-Line isn't a pressing draft need.. Man Ram really improved down the stretch, and he is being paid peanuts. He could easily start. Koppen can be retained for around $1 million, just as a back-up. Walton improved and will be the starter, when he's back, and Blake can probably play Guard. What we actually need is depth at T.. A later round prospect with upside..

Rohirrim
01-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Kuper isn't the 1st All Pro G we have who has undergone lots of surgeries.

Yeah, but for Schlereth it was a hobby.

DENVERDUI55
01-23-2013, 04:11 PM
He's about 6 million in 2013. Cutting him would save almost all of it.

...but it'd be pretty stupid. Kuper's an excellent player who can come back from all of this and would probably be open to reworking his $.

Cutting him would be silly. What we NEED is a contingency plan that can fill for him or C depending on how the chips unfold. Not a permanent replacement

Well in my opinion I'd rather take the money and put it torwards Clady and draft a G/C. Now if Kuper will take a restructure pay cut then so be it. He isn't worth 6 mil a year. I like the idea of him at C though if he can stay healthy.