PDA

View Full Version : This how you don't get a job in NFL

elsid13
01-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Someone needs to tell old Ted Sundquist, that NFL ownership don't you like talking about what happens in the interviews.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8865345/tim-tebow-forced-new-york-jets-owner-woody-johnson-ted-sundquist-says

The perception of the New York Jets' trade for Tim Tebow has been that it was the brainchild of owner Woody Johnson, but that's not how it was presented to at least one general manager candidate in his interview with the team.

Former Broncos GM Ted Sundquist, who interviewed for the job nine days ago, said Johnson told him it wasn't his idea. Sundquist said it was his impression that the trade was "forced" on Johnson and team president Neil Glat, who also participated in the interview.

Sundquist's description of the interview makes it sound as though Johnson was blaming former GM Mike Tannenbaum for the Tebow debacle; in a sense, Johnson did exactly that, firing Tannenbaum one day after the regular season ended.

The Jets hired former Seahawks executive John Idzik as their new general manager last week. He will be introduced at a news conference Thursday.

Johnson also said, according to Sundquist, that he eventually "jumped on board" with the Tebow idea, deferring to his football people.

"They realized it was divisive and hard on the locker room, and they wanted an exit strategy," Sundquist told ESPNNewYork.com, sharing the vibe he received from Johnson and Glat.

Kaylore
01-21-2013, 03:23 PM
He must have been told no already. He hasn't been seriously considered in more than half a decade.

rbackfactory80
01-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Or how you get hired with the Patriots.

MacGruder
01-21-2013, 03:35 PM
I tend to think the media just created this story... how can someone be stupid enough to reveal sensitive info they were told in an interview? The media makes up a couple new stories every day relating to Tebow.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-21-2013, 03:59 PM
I tend to think the media just created this story... how can someone be stupid enough to reveal sensitive info they were told in an interview? The media makes up a couple new stories every day relating to Tebow.

"The media makes up a couple of stories a day relating to tebow"

Kinda like you.

outdoor_miner
01-21-2013, 04:18 PM
I read this, and couldn't believe that someone who is smart enough to get an interview as an NFL GM would be dumb enough to do this. What the hell is he thinking?

Blueflame
01-21-2013, 05:31 PM
"The media makes up a couple of stories a day relating to tebow"

Kinda like you.

Ack... you quoted MacGruder... :P

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-21-2013, 05:41 PM

It's ok I took a shower right after

Blueflame
01-21-2013, 05:46 PM

LOL

v2micca
01-21-2013, 05:50 PM

WTF? What is he doing back here? I thought he had his own happy trails thread and everything a year ago.

Blueflame
01-21-2013, 06:03 PM
WTF? What is he doing back here? I thought he had his own happy trails thread and everything a year ago.

Guess he missed us.

ChrisToker
01-21-2013, 06:16 PM
WNBA B-squad>Tebow

Lestat
01-21-2013, 06:41 PM

this is the quote of the year so far Hilarious!