PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone been to Jordan?

Chris
01-21-2013, 10:45 AM
And if so, is it safe?

If you go on the US state department site it says "yes, al qaeda is active", "yes, stay vigilant" or "yes, try to avoid leaving the cities". Then again, it says similar things about Bali too.

My buddies are doing a trip that involves some desert camping and what not. When I talk to Lebanese and Jordanian friends they all say it's completely safe.

Definitely makes sense to post this on a Denver Broncos message board but what the hey... other than cougar life this is the only board I visit.

Inkana7
01-21-2013, 10:52 AM
I have a friend living there now. Says its safe and he loves it. Have a good time.

broncosteven
01-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Of all the Middle Eastern states with dictators hasn't Jordan always been the most stable of the bunch?

Don't they have some great Summarian(? or really, really, dawn of humanity type old) temples there, I think Syria does too but you might want to stay away from there.

Don't they shoot a lot of Big Budget Hollywood movies there?

TheReverend
01-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Good luck with your Beheading Goals in 2013.

broncosteven
01-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Good luck with your Beheading Goals in 2013.

Chris should watch Ryan Reynolds in Buried before he goes.

Great Movie.

Chris
01-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Of all the Middle Eastern states with dictators hasn't Jordan always been the most stable of the bunch?

Don't they have some great Summarian(? or really, really, dawn of humanity type old) temples there, I think Syria does too but you might want to stay away from there.

Yes

They shoot a ton of movies, especially at Petra. I was watching Indiana Jones over xmas and noticed they shot there.

http://grand-jo.com/files/image/gallery/Petra/Petra7.jpg

Rev to explore the most awesome desert ever and risk beheading or to behead yourself because you live in Jacksonville?

TheReverend
01-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Rev to explore the most awesome desert ever and risk beheading or to behead yourself because you live in Jacksonville?

First, lol @ "most awesome desert ever".

...number of times you've been here?

Btw, it was in the 80s last week.

Chris
01-21-2013, 12:42 PM
You got me on the temperature

But

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gdvbr-vZiDI/UAU3PsNMTFI/AAAAAAAAF-o/rIbTVjA2s-8/s1600/Wadi+Rum+desert,+Jordan..jpg

https://d17tpoh2r6xvno.cloudfront.net/links/5037b3c4968ab_thumb.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxb0ssZL0U1qlsy3fo1_500.gif

TheReverend
01-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Most guys your age are taking women to tropical locations instead of hitting up a desolate wasteland with a bunch of dudes, but whatever floats your boat man...

Bacchus
01-21-2013, 01:15 PM
And if so, is it safe?

If you go on the US state department site it says "yes, al qaeda is active", "yes, stay vigilant" or "yes, try to avoid leaving the cities". Then again, it says similar things about Bali too.

My buddies are doing a trip that involves some desert camping and what not. When I talk to Lebanese and Jordanian friends they all say it's completely safe.

Definitely makes sense to post this on a Denver Broncos message board but what the hey... other than cougar life this is the only board I visit.

Jordan is pretty safe, probably not quite as safe as Kuwait but remain vigilant and don't act like a fat, arrogant American and you should have a great time.

19Morton77
01-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Most guys your age are taking women to tropical locations instead of hitting up a desolate wasteland with a bunch of dudes, but whatever floats your boat man...

Yeah, wasnt there a dude here that went to Faguna Beach with all his buddies instead of some cool Spring Break place? I think the experience is cool as long as you 1) are safe and 2) have already done the places that rage ie. Rio and New Olreans. Jordan sounds like a complete opposite trip. They do have some pretty girls there so you might have that working for you.

Chris
01-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Yeah, wasnt there a dude here that went to Faguna Beach with all his buddies instead of some cool Spring Break place? I think the experience is cool as long as you 1) are safe and 2) have already done the places that rage ie. Rio and New Olreans. Jordan sounds like a complete opposite trip. They do have some pretty girls there so you might have that working for you.

I'm either going to a festival filled with sluts in Croatia or a bachelor party in Stockholm later this year so my balls will survive provided they're not hacked off by angry terrorists.

So basically it's "go, have fun and there's a tiny chance someone will **** with you." I'm just nervous about that tiny chance. Got a week to decide.

19Morton77
01-21-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm either going to a festival filled with sluts in Croatia or a bachelor party in Stockholm later this year so my balls will survive provided they're not hacked off by angry terrorists.

So basically it's "go, have fun and there's a tiny chance someone will **** with you." I'm just nervous about that tiny chance. Got a week to decide.

Go for it. If we dont see your posts after the trip, we can assume you are dead and won't be getting the Broncos every week in NY...or at least you won't be telling us about it. :yayaya:

Chris
01-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Go for it. If we dont see your posts after the trip, we can assume you are dead and won't be getting the Broncos every week in NY...or at least you won't be telling us about it. :yayaya:

I guarantee you I will have Sunday Ticket in atheist heaven but will still find a way to post about coverage maps for NY vicariously THROUGH YOUR GUILT.

maven
01-21-2013, 02:34 PM
How long are you going? And if you're going to Jordan you can link up Israel/Egypt. Depends on how much time you have.

bombay
01-21-2013, 02:38 PM
The queen is an American woman, right?

Cool story.

Tombstone RJ
01-21-2013, 02:44 PM
don't be like those tards who were backpacking is Iraq and accidentally crossed over into Iran and then were taken prisoner... lol at tards like that. One day you are in Jordon site seeing, the next day you are in Damascas with a bag over your head and and an AK pressing against the back of your skull.

Doggcow
01-21-2013, 02:50 PM

Wait? People travel to get laid? But why?

There are more than enough vaginas right here. I assure you.

Meck77
01-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Camping in Jordan? Huh....Did you score a lost treasure map or something? I'm more on Rev's wave length. Go to Costa Rica or something. Want an adventure off the beaten path and the most beautiful women in the world. UKRAINE!

19Morton77
01-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Wait? People travel to get laid? But why?

There are more than enough vaginas right here. I assure you.

I heard some people went all the way to Amsterdam to almost get laid.

broncosteven
01-21-2013, 03:52 PM
You guys almost make me wish I had youth, health, and Money shooting out my anus so I could almost get laid in Europe, the Middle East, and South America.

C130Herkload
01-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Jordan is amazing. Been there many times. Amman is like any other big city with both the good and bad--keep an open mind. Its safe, but like any other place in that region, be on your toes and vigilant. No real issues to report, however. Lots to see and Petra is a wonder of the world. If you can make it to Aqqaba in the south, please do so. Well worth the effort. Have fun, Im envious and would go back in a second.

orange skier
01-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Jordan is a great place to visit....we drove in from Israel.....an Israeli taxi took us to the border, and we had a Jordanian taxi take us into Amman. Petra is very much a must see.
There are some great roman ruin cities up north. Jordan is very safe....every hotel and restaurant has armed guards. Much like our country will soon. Lebanon is also fun to visit. Have a great time.

orange skier
01-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Jordan is a great place to visit....we drove in from Israel.....an Israeli taxi took us to the border, and we had a Jordanian taxi take us into Amman. Petra is very much a must see.
There are some great roman ruin cities up north. Jordan is very safe....every hotel and restaurant has armed guards. Much like our country will soon. Lebanon is also fun to visit. Have a great time.

SoCalBronco
01-21-2013, 06:54 PM
I heard some people went all the way to Amsterdam to almost get laid.

Smurf?

That One Guy
01-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Is it safe enough to survive through? Probably

But why risk it? Have you seen everything there is to see in safer places?

I just can't fathom wanting to go anywhere east of Europe for a vacation.

maven
01-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Is it safe enough to survive through? Probably

But why risk it? Have you seen everything there is to see in safer places?

I just can't fathom wanting to go anywhere east of Europe for a vacation.

Well, that's boring. What are you scared of?

lonestar
01-21-2013, 10:18 PM
And if so, is it safe?

are they there under an American Passport?

for the most part locals are not targets in foreign countries.. Americans are.. do you speak the language? if you are not fluent and can not blend in, IMO stay away..

nyuk nyuk
01-21-2013, 10:26 PM
Cougar life?

Archer81
01-21-2013, 10:45 PM
I would assume in comparison to Iraq, Iran, Syria, Lebanon and Egypt; Jordan would be perfectly safe. I do question why you would want to go to a desert 4000 miles away to camp.

:Broncos:

wolf754life
01-21-2013, 11:32 PM
try burning man in Nevada, fun camping

That One Guy
01-22-2013, 05:10 AM
Well, that's boring. What are you scared of?

It's only been in the last 3 years or so that I've gotten up the nerve to venture into major American cities. Even then, it's the suburb shopping districts and whatnot. I just figure you only put yourself at risk where necessary.

If there's a real reason he wants to go, that might justify the risk. If he hasn't traveled many places and he's instantly jumping to Jordan, I can't understand that.

NUB
01-22-2013, 06:17 AM
Jordan is the most stable country in the region.

Broncomutt
01-22-2013, 06:23 AM
And if so, is it safe?

I haven't been to Jordan, but in 2010 I spent 3 weeks in the Palestinian West Bank, and a week in Egypt. I felt safe wherever I went and the people were very friendly. I was working with the US State Department though and had drivers, contacts and meetings, it wasn't a vacation. When we went to the Judean desert one weekend, and left Jerusalem to go float in the Dead Sea, we had a driver. It definitely helps to have somebody who knows the area.

From what I was told about Jordan, is that it was fairly liberal and friendly towards the west. The country was moving in a pro-western direction, which is nice considering it's proximity to Iran and Iraq. You do need a visa, but they can be bought for $30 I think. One thing I heard about Jordan though, people who talk sh*t about King Abdullah II--disappear.

I'd go back in a heartbeat and am planning a trip to Istanbul next year. Just pay attention to the State Dept. warnings, keep an eye on the political climate and do your best to observe local customs and you will be fine. But I'd be concerned about the "avoid leaving large cities" warning if you are planning on camping in the desert.

Really amazing to experience foreign cultures like the Middle East. It'll change your life. But it's best to go with somebody who has been there or knows the culture.

schaaf
01-22-2013, 06:28 AM
Jordan, Montana is pretty safe. They had the Freemen standoff but it's mainly just a ****hole. :)

baja
01-22-2013, 06:33 AM
And if so, is it safe?

I was there but it was about 4 years ago There was a travel advisory in effect at the time but I meant nothing but wonderful people I spent most of my time there at the Dead Sea taking the natural health treatments I did take a trip to Petra and the hot springs that is on the way If you go I highly recommend spending time at all three places.

maven
01-22-2013, 07:30 AM
I haven't been to Jordan, but in 2010 I spent 3 weeks in the Palestinian West Bank, and a week in Egypt. I felt safe wherever I went and the people were very friendly. I was working with the US State Department though and had drivers, contacts and meetings, it wasn't a vacation. When we went to the Judean desert one weekend, and left Jerusalem to go float in the Dead Sea, we had a driver. It definitely helps to have somebody who knows the area.

From what I was told about Jordan, is that it was fairly liberal and friendly towards the west. The country was moving in a pro-western direction, which is nice considering it's proximity to Iran and Iraq. You do need a visa, but they can be bought for $30 I think. One thing I heard about Jordan though, people who talk sh*t about King Abdullah II--disappear.

I'd go back in a heartbeat and am planning a trip to Istanbul next year. Just pay attention to the State Dept. warnings, keep an eye on the political climate and do your best to observe local customs and you will be fine. But I'd be concerned about the "avoid leaving large cities" warning if you are planning on camping in the desert.

Really amazing to experience foreign cultures like the Middle East. It'll change your life. But it's best to go with somebody who has been there or knows the culture.

That is a good rule to any country you visit with a King. Just don't.

I haven't been to Istanbul myself, but would like to go one day. What ideas do you have there? Just the city or venture out?

Also there are buses/trains you can take in Israel/Jordan versus using a hired driver/taxi.

maven
01-22-2013, 07:35 AM
It's only been in the last 3 years or so that I've gotten up the nerve to venture into major American cities. Even then, it's the suburb shopping districts and whatnot. I just figure you only put yourself at risk where necessary.

If there's a real reason he wants to go, that might justify the risk. If he hasn't traveled many places and he's instantly jumping to Jordan, I can't understand that.

Okay, I guess that makes sense from your standpoint I suppose. Sure there are risks wherever you visit, but you should never let that hold you back to wanting to visit somewhere.

maven
01-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Want an adventure off the beaten path and the most beautiful women in the world. UKRAINE!

The Russisans/Ukraine/etc are just wow. The bodies on them. Gorgeous! Now the moms or the older ones? wtf happened

Broncomutt
01-22-2013, 09:02 AM
That is a good rule to any country you visit with a King. Just don't.

I haven't been to Istanbul myself, but would like to go one day. What ideas do you have there? Just the city or venture out?

Also there are buses/trains you can take in Israel/Jordan versus using a hired driver/taxi.

Not that I thought the OP would arrive in Jordan and start bad mouthing the regime, just wanted to point out that while it is a liberal, western thinking government, there is heavy censorship.

As for Istanbul, it's a 3 city trip across the ancient Roman empire (4 days Rome, 3 days Athens, 3 days Istanbul). I really like history and architecture, so I will probably just stay in the cities. I'm told all three cities are best to visit in April/May.

I only mentioned it because a few years ago I wouldn't have thought about visiting a predominitely Muslim country on vacation, but the trip to Palestine and Egypt really changed my perspective.

maven
01-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Not that I thought the OP would arrive in Jordan and start bad mouthing the regime, just wanted to point out that while it is a liberal, western thinking government, there is heavy censorship.

As for Istanbul, it's a 3 city trip across the ancient Roman empire (4 days Rome, 3 days Athens, 3 days Istanbul). I really like history and architecture, so I will probably just stay in the cities. I'm told all three cities are best to visit in April/May.

I only mentioned it because a few years ago I wouldn't have thought about visiting a predominitely Muslim country on vacation, but the trip to Palestine and Egypt really changed my perspective.

Hey, it's all good! Yes, if there is a King in a country. Don't ever talk negative about him in public. Good rule of thumb for any traveller out there.

How are you getting from city to city? Do you have a set time because I'm looking at your dates for each city. I would recommend fitting Florence in there if you can(high speed train both ways). Also, what about the Greek Isles? Check out this island if you can fit it in.

http://www.visitgreece.gr/deployedFiles/StaticFiles/Photos/Delos%20-%20Lion%20street.jpg

Chris
01-22-2013, 02:24 PM
try burning man in Nevada, fun camping

I've heard great things minus groups of people rolling on molly playing Skrillex at 5 am.

Appreciate all the tips guys, both for and against! The camping is actually an addition to a wedding (our buddy's sister is marrying a Jordanian guy). That's why we're there.

Steven I don't have money coming out of the whazoo by any means. I just don't save anything and I do make a little extra working every weekend and late nights most of the year. You're going to ****ing space though so you better save up.

tsk tsk tsk nyuk nyuk nyuk surely you have savoured the bundle of joy that is cougar life.

Chris
01-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Hey, it's all good! Yes, if there is a King in a country. Don't ever talk negative about him in public. Good rule of thumb for any traveller out there.

How are you getting from city to city? Do you have a set time because I'm looking at your dates for each city. I would recommend fitting Florence in there if you can(high speed train both ways). Also, what about the Greek Isles? Check out this island if you can fit it in.

http://www.visitgreece.gr/deployedFiles/StaticFiles/Photos/Delos%20-%20Lion%20street.jpg

Where is that?

/blind mown

I think it's Amman, Petra, Rum Kabi desert and the dead sea. I'm not sure how much time we'll have for anything else.

Irish Stout
01-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Been on Jordan. She wasn't so safe. Recommend double bagging it.

Otherwise, seems like the experience of a life time. Do it.

Chris
01-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Been on Jordan. She wasn't so safe. Recommend double bagging it.

Otherwise, seems like the experience of a life time. Do it.

Did you pitch a tent in datazzz?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111217105907/topgear/images/4/44/Katie-price_280_1301535a.jpg

maven
01-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Where is that?

/blind mown

I think it's Amman, Petra, Rum Kabi desert and the dead sea. I'm not sure how much time we'll have for anything else.

Delos.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delos

That trip sounds badass. Are you going to go all the way over there and not see jerusalem?

lonestar
01-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Jordan is the most stable country in the region.

Wow that is a real selling point.

So I guess if I have a gun to my head and have to go to the region this is the place to go.

Yeah like that is going to happen.

Loads of other places to do and see without going into a place where Americans are as loved as lepers.

Chris
01-22-2013, 04:16 PM
What if I told you a midget American leper named Davey was a very popular DJ in Jordan? Because that might very well be true.

YOU JUST DON'T KNOW.

lonestar
01-22-2013, 04:27 PM
What if I told you a midget American leper named Davey was a very popular DJ in Jordan? Because that might very well be true.

YOU JUST DON'T KNOW.

unless it is YOU.. I would not go..

I've traveled the world and can spot an American 96 times out of a hundred..

If they are looking for you, you are going to spend time more time than planned there..

It may be safer than most places in the middle east.. But if the state department puts out a travel warning stay away.. there is a reason for it..

I realize you believe you are immortal being young but trust me when I say it the bad guys are just looking for folks to make into BIGGER EXAMPLES of..

Chris
01-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Three things that make me American - my passport, my love for Colorado and my love for the Broncos. Other than that I'm a little tough to place. I've never owned anything from northface, never worn Tevas, don't have super short hair, have a beard, and have darker features than most.

My Von Miller jersey will blind the **** out of those camels in the desert though. Come to think of it it'll probably melt since it was stitched together by eighteen kids in China.

I think I got what I needed though. Let's let this thread die.

Brewer
01-22-2013, 06:16 PM

Still can't get "Nuts to butts" out of your mind, can you? I guess it's true what they say - a true soldier never leaves his friend's behind.

Meck77
01-22-2013, 07:16 PM

I think this thread is just getting going!

Time to end this holy war and share the love.:)

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/992/lebanona.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/213/lebanona.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Requiem
01-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Three things that make me American - my passport, my love for Colorado and my love for the Broncos. Other than that I'm a little tough to place. I've never owned anything from northface, never worn Tevas, don't have super short hair, have a beard, and have darker features than most.

My Von Miller jersey will blind the **** out of those camels in the desert though. Come to think of it it'll probably melt since it was stitched together by eighteen kids in China.

This board has a lot of myopic and culturally ignorant people. Go to Jordan and have fun. The Council of Chris will donate $50 to your trip.

nyuk nyuk
01-23-2013, 09:29 AM
This board has a lot of myopic and culturally ignorant people. Go to Jordan and have fun. The Council of Chris will donate $50 to your trip.

Has to be. If you say something uncomplimentary about a part of the world that has earned itself a poor reputation, you must be myopic and culturally ignorant.

:yayaya: :~ohyah!:

nyuk nyuk
01-23-2013, 09:31 AM

The Department of State is myopic and culturally ignorant. Thank God that myopic and culturally ignorant bitch Hillary is leaving.

lonestar
01-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Has to be. If you say something uncomplimentary about a part of the world that has earned itself a poor reputation, you must be myopic and culturally ignorant.

:yayaya: :~ohyah!:

Go figure, but then consider the source. been outside twice in his life and now back because he could not make it on his own.

lonestar
01-23-2013, 09:48 AM
The Department of State is myopic and culturally ignorant. Thank God that myopic and culturally ignorant b**** Hillary is leaving.

Actually just covering their a SS, warning folks like that resolves them of having to help them if they get into trouble.

Can't wait to see her say I do not remember 50 times under oath, and getting sympathy from the press, because OMG she had a concussion..

How can she be treated like this by those nasty old men on the far right. Hilarious!

Chris
01-23-2013, 04:19 PM

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/992/lebanona.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/213/lebanona.jpg/)

I would definitely nibble on her moussaka KNOWWADIMEAN?

Lebanese women are smoking, possibly the most smoking in the region. There are a lot of Guatemalan / Mexican Lebanese chicks now that is a nice mix.

http://www.warmphotos.net/img/warm/arab-women/arab-women07.jpg

I mean allah ****ing akbar on that one.

Cito Pelon
01-24-2013, 05:06 PM

One of the most stable since they ejected the PLO in 1970. Black September it was called by the PLO, who then proceeded to massacre Israeli athletes at the Munich 1972 Olympics, called themselves the Black September Movement.

Cito Pelon
01-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Okay, I guess that makes sense from your standpoint I suppose. Sure there are risks wherever you visit, but you should never let that hold you back to wanting to visit somewhere.

Yeah, if one has an adventurous spirit, go for it. Travel and adventure is a good thing.

That One Guy
01-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Yeah, if one has an adventurous spirit, go for it. Travel and adventure is a good thing.

Sure. Take a trip through Turkey in a wedding dress. What could go wrong?/

19Morton77
01-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Smurf?

or whatever his name is currently. I love his stories when they reach the climax (yes, pun is spot on) of his stories and then.....AHHHHHHHHHH failure!

I need to thank those who linked some of those past experiences by him as I am not always on the Mane lurking.

So, is Jordan chosen?

Chris
01-28-2013, 09:57 PM
I actually won't know for sure until mid Feb but I'm strongly leaning towards it.

maven
01-29-2013, 07:04 AM
I actually won't know for sure until mid Feb but I'm strongly leaning towards it.

What other options do you have? Or is it all or nothing.

maven
01-29-2013, 07:07 AM

Didn't you go down to the amazon one time? Did you get to check out Igauzu falls?

Chris
02-28-2013, 04:44 PM
It's official!

http://dqnqm70zpexwu.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0790.jpg

maven
03-01-2013, 02:23 AM
So... YOu went to Jordan and that's the best pic you have from your journey?

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 02:44 AM

wow, that is one of the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Makes my groin ache, and I am old.

ghwk
03-01-2013, 04:17 AM
wow, that is one of the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Makes my groin ache, and I am old.

That's just the hernia talking, not what you hoped it was.

Bacchus
03-01-2013, 05:11 AM
That's just the hernia talking, not what you hoped it was.

LMAO!!!!!Hilarious!

Chris
03-01-2013, 08:49 AM
So... YOu went to Jordan and that's the best pic you have from your journey?

NEIN. I am going in May. Giving notice at work today after eight years... moving to Berlin for a couple of months (going to do some freelance work to pay the $350 a month rent) and Jordan will be on the tail end of my trip.

Looking forward to it. Nervous of course, probably more than I should be, but life is about experiences and you have to seek them out. I have a feeling I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Requiem
03-01-2013, 08:56 AM
NEIN. I am going in May. Giving notice at work today after eight years... moving to Berlin for a couple of months (going to do some freelance work to pay the $350 a month rent) and Jordan will be on the tail end of my trip.

Looking forward to it. Nervous of course, probably more than I should be, but life is about experiences and you have to seek them out. I have a feeling I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Viel Spaß! Ich bin eifersüchtig.

In all seriousness, how did you get such a good deal on rent there? How did you go about this? Send me a PM. I'll be done working in July 1st and have a butt ton of guap saved up and wanna go have fun for a while. #YOLO #DYMELYFE #BRONCOSTEVEN

Chris
03-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Really don't need a PM since it might benefit anyone reading

That's how much rent costs there if you share, especially if you stay in an up and coming area like neukoelln. www.wg-gesucht.de (if you don't speak German then use google translate) or berlin.craigslist.de

Don't do airBnB it's by and large a rip off and intended for holiday stays.

broncosteven
03-01-2013, 10:31 AM

They have lonely old men looking for hand jobs in Walmart parking lots too?

LOL

Gute Fahrt! Meine Freunde!

Chris
03-01-2013, 10:38 AM
I just have to walk around in my underwear Steven. It's not that bad. Besides, the polka dot one is pretty rad.

maven
03-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Viel Spaß! Ich bin eifersüchtig.

In all seriousness, how did you get such a good deal on rent there? How did you go about this? Send me a PM. I'll be done working in July 1st and have a butt ton of guap saved up and wanna go have fun for a while. #YOLO #DYMELYFE #BRONCOSTEVEN

Berlin, though a rather large city, a lot of it is still run down. And well affordable. The U-Bahn can take you everywhere in the city. hmmm, i could go for curryworst and a berliner kindl right about now...

maven
03-01-2013, 11:13 AM

Nice man. That sounds like a lot of fun and you will enjoy/never forget it. Also, if you have some spare cash take some trips via the train and check out other cities.

Requiem
03-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Berlin, though a rather large city, a lot of it is still run down. And well affordable. The U-Bahn can take you everywhere in the city. hmmm, i could go for curryworst and a berliner kindl right about now...

So you are telling me I could travel abroad and live in Berlin for a few months after I'm done here for a couple hundred bucks a month? That is insane.

Is Prague expensive?

maven
03-01-2013, 11:51 AM
So you are telling me I could travel abroad and live in Berlin for a few months after I'm done here for a couple hundred bucks a month? That is insane.

Is Prague expensive?

Well, you have to look at the Euro versus the dollar. It's not great, but not bad and how you would budget. I would recommend a side gig if you plan to live there a few months(i don't know your finances and for example, tour guide or freelance work) or do you plan to backpack(which is an entirely different setup). Czech republic is cheap(i didn't find Prague expensive at all). Prague is a 4.5 hour train ride from berlin. Hungary is cheap. go farther east into the old soviet blocks, well you get the point.

Chris
03-02-2013, 11:03 AM
You can make 2 to 300 euros a tour in tips. My best friend did it in Berlin. I'm not going to be there long enough though I'd say it has to be at least four months.

When I was a kid my mom would take my brother and I on shoestring budgets through Europe so I did the Berlin > Prague > Vienna > Salzburg > Munich trip in 2001. Amazing train rides. I do want to check out Dresden now that it's been built up and I would love to take some chick out to Potsdam for a day trip.

Requiem
03-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Backpacking/hiking would be really cool. Thanks for sharing all the information guys.

maven
03-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Backpacking/hiking would be really cool. Thanks for sharing all the information guys.

Then go hostels, eurorail pass(book rez trains when needed), grocery stores(food/water) and cheap eats/stalls food, small laptop. If you are willing to travel solo, you will meet plenty of peeps at hostels in which you could go out with if wanted and possibly change course along the way and partial travel with them. Need anymore tips just ask. And don't be scared to travel alone. YOLO

Chris
05-10-2013, 04:27 AM
So I'm moving to Berlin. It happens. I've spent the last two months I'm nightclubs, often for 20 hours at a time (not an exaggeration). Blur. What I do know is that I've found a culture that I feel comfortable in (except they don't watch real football pfff newbs). German women are either green runs of double blacks but smoking across the board. Dating a Dutch chick. Pretty sure she grew up in a windmill.

Will be in jordan next week and post pics during / after the trip. I forgot my Von Miller jersey but will try to remember some sort of mile high salute or something (which hopefully won't be misconstrued).

Dear diary.

Requiem
05-10-2013, 06:00 AM
Hey Chris that is awesome! Glad you are having a fun time. Will send you PM ask you questions love you long time. Ni hao.

baja
05-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Hey Chris that is awesome! Glad you are having a fun time. Will send you PM ask you questions love you long time. Ni hao.

LOL That brings back memories.

baja
05-10-2013, 06:04 AM
So I'm moving to Berlin. It happens. I've spent the last two months I'm nightclubs, often for 20 hours at a time (not an exaggeration). Blur. What I do know is that I've found a culture that I feel comfortable in (except they don't watch real football pfff newbs). German women are either green runs of double blacks but smoking across the board. Dating a Dutch chick. Pretty sure she grew up in a windmill.

Will be in jordan next week and post pics during / after the trip. I forgot my Von Miller jersey but will try to remember some sort of mile high salute or something (which hopefully won't be misconstrued).

Dear diary.

It all sounds so grand. Good for you Chris.

Chris
05-16-2013, 01:24 AM
Couple early uploads

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/947188_10151634688461508_1638493922_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/943348_10151634686311508_1440053010_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/969396_10151634685271508_1411506794_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/943290_10151634683741508_1531541919_n.jpg

broncocalijohn
05-16-2013, 10:07 AM

So, good for you. You came out and now you are a proud and loud drugged out, BI dancing the night away to horrible house music and you are surprised they don't like American Football?

Enjoy your trip.

Chris
05-20-2013, 06:36 AM
House music will grow on anyone. You just have to change your expectations. In the states the only thing that makes me uncomfortable is the work to work culture of New York. Looking for something else now and I love northern euro chicks.

Couple more shots and then I'll leave this thread alone

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/480421_10151634690691508_695856999_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/943109_10151634690241508_1335803050_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/376894_10151634682111508_1929056325_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/970814_10151634688071508_1460753980_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/923159_10151634687081508_1111526732_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/968801_10151634689541508_1999590973_n.jpg

Yours truly having tea with a Bedouin lady (not the french chick next to me)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309899_10100193172903780_1829126718_n.jpg

I lost my phone so unfortunately lost all my petra panoramas :(

Anyways, that's it. Thanks to all those that encouraged the trip!

Requiem
05-20-2013, 08:29 AM
Did you ride a Camel smoking a Turkish Silver?

maven
05-20-2013, 12:19 PM
You seem like a guy i'd have a beer with. Excellent pics btw! What's next for ya? Back to Berlin?

Requiem
05-20-2013, 12:51 PM
You seem like a guy i'd have a beer with. Excellent pics btw! What's next for ya? Back to Berlin?

I would have at least 5 with him. COC.