PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl FA's

DBroncos4life
01-21-2013, 06:07 AM
With our staff coaching the game its never too early to start recruiting for the upcoming season. :) Wes Welker, LaRon Landry, and Henry Melton are big FA's at positions of need. Any others I missed?

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-21-2013, 06:15 AM
Steven Jackson?

2KBack
01-21-2013, 06:30 AM
I like all of those players.

although, anyone starting to get the feeling that Welker has his worst games in the post seasons? He suddenly gets a case of nervous fingers.

socalorado
01-21-2013, 06:43 AM

although, anyone starting to get the feeling that Welker has his worst games in the post seasons? He suddenly gets a case of nervous fingers.

Forget the old, Welker, and go younger, and just as good.
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/953/651/hi-res-152623912_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

2KBack
01-21-2013, 06:46 AM
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/953/651/hi-res-152623912_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

I have to agree. Similar player...but less heralded at this point. Doesn't have the Patriot stank on him.

socalorado
01-21-2013, 06:48 AM
I have to agree. Similar player...but less heralded at this point. Doesn't have the Patriot stank on him.

Forget about the Moore DEN currently has, and upgrade to a better Moore.
William Moore.
http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/files/2012/09/William-Moore-Broncos2.jpg

And Adams can play FS.

cutthemdown
01-21-2013, 06:54 AM
I dont think slot wr really a big need. RB way more of a need. Hillman will be a nice player I think but not enough to stop the flood gates on new runners. Not with Moreno always letting us down with an injury, Ball avg and Mcgahee old.

Also this draft has a ton of interior oline talent and dline talent from what i have read. I would target whichever Alabama lineman falls to us, if one does. Those guys are ready to play in the NFL watching them dismantle ND. The center Warmack goes higher in mocks but a lot of times centers will drop. Not because they aren't studs just because teams will be stupid and take positions they see as more important.

Jonanthon cooper is another interesting player. My friend is a huge NC fan. He goes to almost every game since he moved out there. He tells me this kid can play all 3 spots inside on the oline and dominated all the players he faced. No granted those might not be NFL players but he is a first rounder in most mock drafts so he probably is talented.

A guy like him could be of real value with our questions inside on the oline. No one really thought they blocked well in short yardage running situations did you? Then when Kuper went down the pass protection got worst also. I just think we can't afford to count on Koppen/Beadles/Walton. Kuper a good player but after him the depth just plummets.

cutthemdown
01-21-2013, 06:56 AM
Amazing because of one bad play people want to jettisone Moore. He still has that 3rd yr coming where players usually make their last few strides to what they will be. I don't see Elway being that quick to judge and move on. If they moved at safety it would be to replace adams because Carter cant play anymore.

txtebow
01-21-2013, 07:02 AM
Amazing because of one bad play people want to jettisone Moore. He still has that 3rd yr coming where players usually make their last few strides to what they will be. I don't see Elway being that quick to judge and move on. If they moved at safety it would be to replace adams because Carter cant play anymore.

one bad play???
His play last Saturday was the equivalent of a surgeon killing a patient.......but it's only 1 patient right???

txtebow
01-21-2013, 07:03 AM
and I like the Danny Amendola thought......

TheReverend
01-21-2013, 07:10 AM
Our staff is coaching it?

It used to be the losers of the AFCCG?

Must've changed that when they threw the pro bowl in before the SB?

Bmore Manning
01-21-2013, 07:11 AM
Moore is not a playmaker..

Focusing on his play during the regular season, while he did improve tackling, he sure missed some key tackles and routinely takes bad angles. He's not an impact player. If you want to take the next step, we need impact players. He's no ballhawk, so why do you want him as the starter roaming the back half of our secondary..?

BroncoMan4ever
01-21-2013, 07:33 AM

Amendola has had some injury issues the last 2 seasons. Is it a case of bad luck or a regular occurence for him? Also as nice as either Welker or Amendola would be their acquisitions would go against Elway's way of using free agency, and with so many of our own coming due for new deals in the next couple seasons it is doubtful we pay a guy like Amendola or Welker a big money long term deal which they no doubt would want and expect.

As nice as one of these guys or a guy like Melton would be they are going to command more than Denver wants to pay.

BroncoMan4ever
01-21-2013, 07:37 AM
Moore is not a playmaker..

Focusing on his play during the regular season, while he did improve tackling, he sure missed some key tackles and routinely takes bad angles. He's not an impact player. If you want to take the next step, we need impact players. He's no ballhawk, so why do you want him as the starter roaming the back half of our secondary..?

He improved a lot over his rookie year. Most players at that position take a little grooming and time. They aren't all Ed Reed from the start. He has ability and is getting better. It would be foolish to dump young talent for one mistake

CEH
01-21-2013, 07:38 AM
Our staff is coaching it?

It used to be the losers of the AFCCG?

Must've changed that when they threw the pro bowl in before the SB?

The highest seed in both conferences that lose in the divisional round.

Bmore Manning
01-21-2013, 07:53 AM
He improved a lot over his rookie year. Most players at that position take a little grooming and time. They aren't all Ed Reed from the start. He has ability and is getting better. It would be foolish to dump young talent for one mistake

I don't remember saying dumping Moore, rather upgrading talent. Moore will not ever be an Ed Reed type safety. I acknowledged he improved over his rookie year, so does that mean you can't do better?

BMarsh615
01-21-2013, 08:21 AM

I was shocked at how much better Moore looked this season as opposed to last year. His rookie year it seemed like he wasn't a willing tackler and this year he was actually pretty reliable in that area.

That play against the Ravens was a fluke. 9 times out of 10 it doesn't happen, unfortunately it did.

RaiderH8r
01-21-2013, 08:26 AM

Between him and Manning it would be a vortex of postseason suck.

RaiderH8r
01-21-2013, 08:31 AM
one bad play???
His play last Saturday was the equivalent of a surgeon killing a patient.......but it's only 1 patient right???

Killing by pooping in an open chest cavity before closing with bubble gum and super glue. He didn't just fail. He monumentally failed.

Mediator12
01-21-2013, 08:33 AM
I was shocked at how much better Moore looked this season as opposed to last year. His rookie year it seemed like he wasn't a willing tackler and this year he was actually pretty reliable in that area.

That play against the Ravens was a fluke. 9 times out of 10 it doesn't happen, unfortunately it did.

I am sick of hearing 9 times out of 10 Moore would not have done it. He did the EXACT same thing earlier in the season! Plus, he has absolutely terrible deep technique and even worse he committed huge mental errors on those plays.

That does NOT say he would do it better 9 times out of ten, its says he was not able to translate his talent to deep balls more than once during the season. Fool me once, ok. Fool me three times, you do not get to use that excuse. EVER.

BMarsh615
01-21-2013, 08:48 AM
I am sick of hearing 9 times out of 10 Moore would not have done it. He did the EXACT same thing earlier in the season! Plus, he has absolutely terrible deep technique and even worse he committed huge mental errors on those plays.

That does NOT say he would do it better 9 times out of ten, its says he was not able to translate his talent to deep balls more than once during the season. Fool me once, ok. Fool me three times, you do not get to use that excuse. EVER.

That is a pretty routine play that pee wee players can make. He misjudged where the ball was, that is all. It was a fluke.

Bmore Manning
01-21-2013, 09:10 AM
That is a pretty routine play that pee wee players can make. He misjudged where the ball was, that is all. It was a fluke.

He misjudges every ball! What about his game says that's an impact ball hawking FS you have to account for? He's a liability in coverage ALL season.

Mediator12
01-21-2013, 09:16 AM

No, that was not a routine play he simply misjudged. He made all kinds of errors on that play. The biggest was situational, but the technique was terrible as well.

He played it wrong from the snap, failed to keep deeper than the deepest, failed to flip his hips and run when he allowed the WR behind him, and then failed to make a tackle instead of of trying to break up the pass. He did not recover from the first 2 mistakes correctly and he did the exact same thing earlier in the season.

You have to trust your read, which he failed. And then, you have to trust your technique to clean up your mess, which he failed even more dramatically.

There is messing up, and then there is messing up epically. He did the second.

Dedhed
01-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Moore will not ever be an Ed Reed type safety.

That's an absurd measuring stick. There have been one or two Ed Reed safeties in the history of the NFL, and there certainly aren't any Ed Reeds available in FA.

socalorado
01-21-2013, 09:30 AM
I just think that Adams at FS is just fine, and William Moore is a bigger , better, physical presence, that can make plays in coverage, and especially in the run game.
Thats all. And ATL doesnt have alot of $$ to spend. They might have to let Moore walk. Just sayin. Dashon Goldson is also a UFA.

Dedhed
01-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Why has no one mentioned Dannell Ellerby. The Ravens have a million FAs who we should look to pilfer, and Ellerby is at the top of my list.

They have to sign Flacco, Kruger, Ellerby, Reed, Pitta, Cary Williams, and Bryant McKinnie. There's no way they can get that done, and we should be first in line to take any of those guys when they fall through the cracks.

cutthemdown
01-21-2013, 10:01 AM

He's a scapegoat, he isn't a pro bowl calibar player, and his last play lost game for us in regulation, not overtime though that was on manning and fox IMO. Also Bailey didn't look like much of a playmaker for someone who should have been super fired up to get to the Superbowl.

Moore will be back next yr unless his mind ****d up and they traded him or something. But other then that he is playing for us next yr and starting.

broncos need to many other things to replace Moore who is only going into his 3rd yr.

DBroncos4life
01-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Why has no one mentioned Dannell Ellerby. The Ravens have a million FAs who we should look to pilfer, and Ellerby is at the top of my list.

They have to sign Flacco, Kruger, Ellerby, Reed, Pitta, Cary Williams, and Bryant McKinnie. There's no way they can get that done, and we should be first in line to take any of those guys when they fall through the cracks.

Well technically I was talking about FA's that would be at the Pro Bowl so we can talk to them. Like Manning telling Welker why he needs to join the Broncos or Bailey talking up the team to Landry. Having Elway, Fox, and JDR there talking up our next year and how we could use these players talents to get us over the hump could give us a head start.

Lestat
01-21-2013, 10:21 AM
i'm all for Landry, wanted him last season.
Welker will cost way too much for a slot WR when we have two big guys already.

g6matty
01-21-2013, 11:56 AM
kick adams ass to the curb landry on this defense would give us a physicality we lack

TheReverend
01-21-2013, 11:59 AM

Ellerbe is pretty awesome. I'm a big fan of his play, for sure.

I'd like to snag Cary Williams even more though. ...If we can.

Bmore Manning
01-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Ellerbe will be the second biggest priority of the Ravens offseason.

g6matty
01-21-2013, 12:30 PM
probably not a guy our FO would target but id like to see aqib talib brought in

DBroncos4life
01-21-2013, 12:51 PM
From the sounds of it the Jags are trying to decide if Derek Cox is worth the 10 million dollar tag it would cost to tag a CB. He is good but often injured though. Rashean Mathis injured his ACL in 11 and was from what I have read phased out of the starting position to see what they have with the younger guys. It doesn't appear that he is in the plans for the future. He would be a guy that has some history with what JDR is doing. We might be able to get him on the cheaper side.

Doggcow
01-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Amendola gets hurt too much. F that.