PDA

View Full Version : The Death Star Has Been Destroyed

pricejj
01-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Suck it loser Patriots.

Chandler Jones sucks...just like I said he did. 0 sacks in the last half of the season + playoffs. Vindication is mine...again.

Hope you're happy for ditching the Broncos Brandon Lloyd.

And screw you McDaniels. The Patriots were worse this year, after you went back. Once a lame ass QB coach...always a lame ass QB coach biatch. Go back to coaching High School.

Patriots Defense is still soft, and awful.

Everything is, once again, right in the universe.

Hamrob
01-20-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm mixed on this result.

I was rooting for the Ravens....because they beat us and I can't stand the Pats...but all this did for me was reopen the wound from last week. We should have beaten the Ravens....we choked when we should have played our best. That should be us going to Super Bowl.

I feel ill all over again!!!

The Ravens are not better than the Broncos......but, they did beat us, and they are going to the SuperBowl....and I say they will get a ring!

brncs_fan
01-20-2013, 06:58 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2Y2R8LS1wobpYs15w2csB9ufZB3kCL 8QCCzK_ySGh1DYCC-zL

TheReverend
01-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Please shut up.

The ****ing Ravens are in the Superbowl instead of the Broncos. Schadenfreude means nothing.

RedskinBronco
01-20-2013, 07:00 PM
**** New England, always **** new england

SoCalBronco
01-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Please shut up.

The ****ing Ravens are in the Superbowl instead of the Broncos. Schadenfreude means nothing.

This.

Kaylore
01-20-2013, 07:06 PM
Seeing the Patriots lose worse than us at home definitely makes last week's game hurt a little less than.

pricejj
01-20-2013, 07:07 PM
**** New England, always **** new england

This.

Please shut up.

I'm over it. As long as I don't have to hear Omane Patriot fanboys telling me how good of an OC McDaniels is, or how great of a player Chandler Jones will be...I'm good.

We know the Broncos can kick the crap out of the Ratbirds, so it gives us something to look forward to in the offseason.

After going one week hating football, I like football again.

Bronco X
01-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Honestly I take some comfort in knowing the Broncos just met a hot team at the wrong time. They are exactly like the Giants last year (if they win the next game).

I also get some yuks thinking about all the egg so called football experts have to be wiping off their face.

I didn't watch the game but the score indicates the Ravens won the game hands down. They were damn near fluky and miraculous beating the Broncos (through they deserved the win more than the Broncos).

1996/7=2012/3
1997/8=______

Fill in the blank. Go Broncos.

nyuk nyuk
01-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Please shut up.

As bad as the Polaroids/Death Star are, Ray "The Knife" being in there is just morally repugnant. Add that to the blatant cheating by that team to beat Denver such as their Tonya Harding move on Thomas. This is just TOTALLY wrong.

Go 9ers...

go_broncos
01-20-2013, 07:11 PM
I don't understand why you supported Ravens..
They got all the calls against us..
for the next 2 weeks..all you will hear is Ray Lewis and his retirement..

nyuk nyuk
01-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Honestly I take some comfort in knowing the Broncos just met a hot team at the wrong time. They are exactly like the Giants last year (if they win the next game).

There is a certain degree of vindication in this, but I still just find it sickening.

The cheating and officiating help the Ravens had against us outweighs the feelings of the Death Star being shot out of orbit.

What a sickening year for football.

pricejj
01-20-2013, 07:13 PM
I hate McDaniels as much as any Bronco fan, and I enjoy every time he loses. That makes today a holiday in my book.

If you could see me right now, I am smiling.

Jetmeck
01-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Please shut up.

Please we could not have done that to the PATS. Ravens are much better then anyone here thought.

Did you all catch 84 on the postgame show ranting about Belli being a poor loser ? lol Hilarious!

nyuk nyuk

Yes - The Ravens don't deserve this in the least. The cheating, the lucky calls. This is a travesty.

Jetmeck
I hate McDaniels as much as any Bronco fan, and I enjoy every time he loses. That makes today a holiday in my book.

If you could see me right now, I am smiling.

Excellent point.............

SonOfLe-loLang
01-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Please shut up.

Double this.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Yes - The Ravens don't deserve this in the least. The cheating, the lucky calls. This is a travesty.

As i said, they should be forced to wear patches that say "Rahim" instead of those tardo "Art" ones

SonOfLe-loLang
01-20-2013, 07:17 PM

I also get some yuks thinking about all the egg so called football experts have to be wiping off their face.

I didn't watch the game but the score indicates the Ravens won the game hands down. They were damn near fluky and miraculous beating the Broncos (through they deserved the win more than the Broncos).

1996/7=2012/3
1997/8=______

I'd take solace in the "hot team" theory if we didnt epically **** up and didn't get hosed by some ****tily timed calls

Jetmeck

Maybe they got the breaks against us............but they kicked in
Bellicheck's door and took a dump on his floor.

No way in hell we do this...............

Better than Brady getting another ring...........and as someone else pointed out.....McHoody junior also got beat today.

I can live with it................

nyuk nyuk
Please we could not have done that to the PATS. Ravens are much better then anyone here thought.

Then why did they need to cheat and rely on bad officiating to get past us?

Truth is, the Patriots were showing cracks in the last few weeks of regular season, just like the Falcons were. Both were beaten at home by the same inferior team.

go_broncos
01-20-2013, 07:18 PM

1996/7=2012/3
1997/8=______

You are wrong..Watch the game..it will be painful.
So many calls against us..It's like we are playing against Ravens and the ref's for the entire time..
As many experts pointed out..we are a complete team this year..
It's difficult to predict next year..Everything was going well until last week..
nothing can be done now..hopefully we will reach SB next year and win it

Jetmeck
01-20-2013, 07:21 PM
Then why did they need to cheat and rely on bad officiating to get past us?

Truth is, the Patriots were showing cracks in the last few weeks of regular season, just like the Falcons were. Both were beaten at home by the same inferior team.

Well its common knowledge about these parts you have no common sense///////////////

Whatever girl just deal with like other things you have to lately........

Ravens kicked the pats ass and held them scoreless in the second half. If you think we could have done that your clueless.....oh wait........................we knew that.

55CrushEm
01-20-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm mixed on this result.

I was rooting for the Ravens....because they beat us and I can't stand the Pats...but all this did for me was reopen the wound from last week. We should have beaten the Ravens....we choked when we should have played our best. That should be us going to Super Bowl.

I feel ill all over again!!!

The Ravens are not better than the Broncos......but, they did beat us, and they are going to the SuperBowl....and I say they will get a ring!

This is EXACTLY how I feel. I hate the Patriots, and will always root against them....yes, even today I wanted the hated Ravens to win, because I DESPISE the Cheatriots.

But part of me feels worse. Denver could've beaten the Pats team that showed up today. The Ravens had that game won the entire 4th quarter.....you just knew they'd win.

On the other hand.......we lost on a fluke Hail Mary......

In other words......the Ratbirds BEAT the Patriots. They got lucky vs. us last week.

My final thought........Flacco is the opposite of Manning. He actually gets BETTER in the postseason. He's earned himself a big contract with the postseason he's had so far.

Congrats Joe.

Broncos4Life
01-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Seeing the Patriots lose worse than us at home definitely makes last week's game hurt a little less than.

This!!!

At least the Broncos had a shot to win at home and even though we blew it, the refs undoubtedly helped those ratbirds! The Pats just got man-handled at home! This will be the beginning of the end for them. Even though it started against the Giants a few years back. ****in cheats!

pricejj
01-20-2013, 07:33 PM
1. The Patriots blew their load on the draft last year. No more two 1st round draft picks in every draft.
2. The Patriots draft after the Broncos this offseason.
3. Brandon Lloyd did not pan out the way they hoped he would. He will be 32 next year, and took a major hometown discount to play for the Patriots ($900k in 2012)...after he spurned the Broncos during contract negotiations.
4. Wes Welker will be a 32 year old free agent, who will demand a ton of scratch. It will be interesting to see if they let him walk, or pay him.

hades
01-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Even tho I hate the Ravens, I am glad the Patriots lost today. I wish Tom woulda thrown a few more int's and looked like an ass-clown even more than he did the second half. His pouty face is priceless!

Bronco X
01-20-2013, 07:43 PM
You are wrong..Watch the game..it will be painful

Hell NO! I don't know what it is with the popular masochism involved in rewatching that. I ain't havin' none of it.

The Broncos made enough mistakes on their own, I accept it and I'm moving on.

Requiem
01-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Chandler Jones is still going to be legit.

Bacchus
01-20-2013, 07:48 PM
There was a great thread earlier this year about the destruction of the Death Star and a Mod put it in the Butt. That mod should be held accountable for this atrocity.

Other than that, I hate the Pats.

Chris
01-20-2013, 07:52 PM
I feel worse, not better.

pricejj
01-20-2013, 07:58 PM
There was a great thread earlier this year about the destruction of the Death Star and a Mod put it in the Butt. That mod should be held accountable for this atrocity.

Other than that, I hate the Pats.

I created that thread...and it's why I created this one.

Ah yes....good old Karmic retribution. :sunshine:

There's always next season...I couldn't say that last week. Now I can.

Lestat
01-20-2013, 08:07 PM
i'm not gonna lie, if we didn't make the SB, i wanted to see a Harbaugh bowl.
this is gonna be hella fun to watch with there likely being some crazy crap going on in the game to one up the other.

i know one thing though. Joe Flacco is getting paid.

RedskinBronco
01-20-2013, 08:08 PM
i know one thing though. Joe Flacco is getting paid.

Kudos to him. For as much **** as he takes, he plays well in the playoffs and big games and honestly he has been the best QB in the playoffs this year.

pricejj
01-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Kudos to him. For as much **** as he takes, he plays well in the playoffs and big games and honestly he has been the best QB in the playoffs this year.

Yeah, beat Champ Bailey 3 times deep. I don't know that any QB has ever done that.

Chris
01-20-2013, 08:17 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs5/2587671_o.gif

COWheatGrower
01-20-2013, 08:19 PM

How many QBs in NFL history have at least one playoff win in each of their first five seasons? Flacco now has eight playoff wins total.

Swedish Extrovert
01-20-2013, 08:22 PM

I disagree.... I think all it says is that we'd have beaten the Pats.

Lestat
01-20-2013, 08:25 PM

most of the flack he takes is dumb because they expect him to play like Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees and he's not that type of QB.
of course it didn't help by him announcing that he thinks he's the best QB in the game.

TDmvp
01-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Roasting in this epic bread.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-20-2013, 09:01 PM

He takes **** because he brings it upon himself with his comments.

he played great though, he'll get paid.

That wedding picture he took with his wife snapping him the ball still bothers me.

RedskinBronco
01-20-2013, 09:14 PM
most of the flack he takes is dumb because they expect him to play like Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees and he's not that type of QB.
of course it didn't help by him announcing that he thinks he's the best QB in the game.

very true

Hulamau
01-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Yeah, beat Champ Bailey 3 times deep. I don't know that any QB has ever done that.
Beat Champ twice actually on actual catches for TDs... two other times he got in front of Champ in the first half were incompletes and Smith had little chance to catch those balls.

In the second half he has like 1 catch I think as Champ made adjustments at half and pretty much shut him down.

The second TD to Smith was really good coverage by Champ, it was just a damn good play by Smith on a very well thrown ball where a streaking Smith had to adjust his speed and come back slightly while Champs momentum carried him past.

That happens to every CB mediocre or HOF level in the NFL. Champ definitely had an off first half at the wrong time, but he recovered nicely showing he still is on the ball.,, just a bad half game.

pricejj
01-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Beat Champ twice actually on actual catches for TDs... two other times he got in front of Champ in the first half were incompletes and Smith had little chance to catch those balls.

In the second half he has like 1 catch I think as Champ made adjustments at half and pretty much shut him down.

The second TD to Smith was really good coverage by Champ, it was just a damn good play by Smith on a very well thrown ball where a streaking Smith had to adjust his speed and come back slightly while Champs momentum carried him past.

That happens to every CB mediocre or HOF level in the NFL. Champ definitely had an off first half at the wrong time, but he recovered nicely showing he still is on the ball.,, just a bad half game.

Champ's is gonna have to come back better than ever. Fox said he'd be staying at CB. Ball in or ball out.

R8R H8R
01-20-2013, 09:55 PM
I also had mixed emotions following the game. On one hand, I am glad the Pats got embarrassed tonight. On the other, I feel the pain of knowing we completely blew an opportunity to get to the SB. Whether or not we would have beat the Pats, idk., but we should have had the chance.

All that said, I feel a lot better now than I did last week. The team that beat us did so by 3pts. and needed a lot of help from the ***hole zebras. Despite that, we had the game won, and we can argue the conservative play calls, but it was breakdowns in the secondary that screwed us in the end(no pun intended),
IMO. That is fixable this offseason.

We got beat by the team that is going to the SB. Tonight's game confirms to me anyway, that we are close. Real close.

DBroncos4life
01-20-2013, 09:58 PM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/brady-ninja-1-20-13.gifThis should bring a fine

BroncoMan4ever
01-20-2013, 09:58 PM

So the Ravens dropping 38 on us, our having an extremely cautious gameplan and playing not to lose instead of to win didn't account for the loss, it was all the refs?

I want an excuse for the loss bit really there isn't one. We played a mediocre game against a highly motivated team that got hot at the perfect time

BroncoMan4ever
01-20-2013, 10:01 PM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/brady-ninja-1-20-13.gifThis should bring a fine

It should but the league won't do anything to the Patriots.

Wes Mantooth
01-20-2013, 10:06 PM

1996/7=2012/3
1997/8=______

We were a$$ raped by the refs

broncosteven
01-20-2013, 10:14 PM
WE need to draft a force at MLB and a DT Who can command double teams, Henry Melton would be ideal. Draft a MLB moving up if they have to. Sign Melton in FA, draft or trade for a RB in the Frank Gore/Ray Rice/Kid in TB mold.

WE need to have a finess passing game backed by a power run game and a physical D that is strong in the middle of the field and down the seams.

go_broncos
01-20-2013, 10:22 PM
So the Ravens dropping 38 on us, our having an extremely cautious gameplan and playing not to lose instead of to win didn't account for the loss, it was all the refs?

I want an excuse for the loss bit really there isn't one. We played a mediocre game against a highly motivated team that got hot at the perfect time

The main reason we lost is due to refs..there are many other factors(conservative play calling, Rahim Moore etc).
Officiating was bad last week..
I never understand how NFL named Bill Vinovich as a referee in divisional playoff games. He didn't officiate since 2006 and returned the field this year.
It's like he returned this year just to screw broncos..

Bacchus
01-20-2013, 10:34 PM

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/brady-ninja-1-20-13.gif

wow what a b1tch

El Minion
01-20-2013, 10:49 PM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/brady-ninja-1-20-13.gif

wow what a b1tch

Brady always been a pússy, can't perform when rushed or pressured on consistent basis, always needs a clean pocket (like any average QB) which makes him look all world, e.g. SB XLVI & XLII proved his faux clutchness. Having said that, this and IIRC a couple other scrables showed his true püssyfucation today.

Brady would be an average QB after all these years if he had an average O line, that and NE D saved his áss in SB XXXVI, and Adam Vinateri in the others.

ZONA
01-20-2013, 11:28 PM
We don't know what would have happened if we played the Pats. If you all don't know by now, it's like Fox said, each of these games has it's own identity and the outcome can be so very different each game. It just depends on how many of your players had a good game or if they made big mistakes. When you get to the top 4 to 6 teams playing in the playoffs, that's what it comes down to. A few bounces go your way, a few calls your way, a few big plays your way and the next thing you know you're moving on and somebody else is going home.

I was pulling for the Falcons. Would have liked to seen Gonzales get his ring.

I don't care who wins it to be honest, if we're out, it makes no difference to me. Just another year we came close but leaving the dance without the prom queen.

BroncoInferno
01-21-2013, 06:39 AM
I don't see how any Bronco fan could have been rooting for Baltimore over New England in this one. For starters, Baltimore did not derserve to be there, but were handed victory last week by the refs. Continued Baltimore success spits in the face of justice. Additionally, Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck may be a-holes, but they were never involved in murdering anybody. The media is acting like Ray Lewis is Ghandi, and it's sickening. I'll be a 49er fan for one day.

ColoradoDarin
01-21-2013, 06:42 AM
Even tho I hate the Ravens, I am glad the Patriots lost today. I wish Tom woulda thrown a few more int's and looked like an ass-clown even more than he did the second half. His pouty face is priceless!

This. I wanted both teams to lose, but if I had to choose one - seeing the Pats lose is good. Plus (I can't really believe I'm going to say it...) go 9ers.

HorseHead
01-21-2013, 07:09 AM
Man the Ravens pounded them physically...the 'Pats were tenderized yesterday.

Great way to defend the dink and dunk, they catch it, you make 'em pay, notice later in the game, Vereen, Welker, were hearing footsteps?

I could easily see us doing the same thing next year, going on the road and getting it done..oh well...

Looking forward to watching this Super Bowl..

BroncoBeavis
01-21-2013, 07:17 AM
I also had mixed emotions following the game. On one hand, I am glad the Pats got embarrassed tonight. On the other, I feel the pain of knowing we completely blew an opportunity to get to the SB. Whether or not we would have beat the Pats, idk., but we should have had the chance.

All that said, I feel a lot better now than I did last week. The team that beat us did so by 3pts. and needed a lot of help from the ***hole zebras. Despite that, we had the game won, and we can argue the conservative play calls, but it was breakdowns in the secondary that screwed us in the end(no pun intended),
IMO. That is fixable this offseason.

We got beat by the team that is going to the SB. Tonight's game confirms to me anyway, that we are close. Real close.

I'd be more inclined to agree if having a better shot next year was a halfway sure thing. There are just too many things that can go wrong in a year to feel OK about having pissed away such a golden opportunity. We're not getting any younger next year that's for sure. And other teams don't stand still. You just never know.

CEH
01-21-2013, 07:25 AM
For the fifth time since 2007, the Patriots lost in the playoffs as the favorite, and at home or on a neutral field, they have scored 14, 14, 21, 17 and 13 points in those games despite fielding four of the 12 highest-scoring teams in NFL history. These games coming as rematches against teams they scored 38, 27, 14 and 45, 20 and 30 points on in the regular season

This really confirms Elway has the right idea. His first job was to stabilize the defense. This offense can use a tweaking but the defense needs to be stouter up the middle

lonestar
01-21-2013, 12:47 PM
I find it amusing the attention spent on hate and discontent of other teams.

Where I look at other teams with admiration that are successful, to study how they got that way, lots of folks rejoice in a game they lost.

While I was rooting for BAL in this game it was only follow the team that beat us..

Folks rejoice in NE loss and hope they fall off the face of the earth. They are a damned fine team and will only get better with the upcoming offseason.

So y'all can whine and cry about it all off season. Ahahahahahahaha

Tombstone RJ
01-21-2013, 01:04 PM
I don't see how any Bronco fan could have been rooting for Baltimore over New England in this one. For starters, Baltimore did not derserve to be there, but were handed victory last week by the refs. Continued Baltimore success spits in the face of justice. Additionally, Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck may be a-holes, but they were never involved in murdering anybody. The media is acting like Ray Lewis is Ghandi, and it's sickening. I'll be a 49er fan for one day.

whatever

Chris
01-21-2013, 01:10 PM

http://expresswithgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/nicholas.gif

Tombstone RJ
01-21-2013, 01:14 PM
I find it amusing the attention spent on hate and discontent of other teams.

Where I look at other teams with admiration that are successful, to study how they got that way, lots of folks rejoice in a game they lost.

While I was rooting for BAL in this game it was only follow the team that beat us..

Folks rejoice in NE loss and hope they fall off the face of the earth. They are a damned fine team and will only get better with the upcoming offseason.

I guess I see it differently. Part of being a fan for me is rooting for the Broncos and then yes, rooting against other teams.

g6matty
01-21-2013, 01:47 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/431067_334398376606857_815310265_n.jpg

BroncoBeavis
01-21-2013, 02:03 PM
http://expresswithgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/nicholas.gif

This gif only makes me wonder where Nick's other hand is.

pricejj
01-21-2013, 02:06 PM

We already went that route, got caught taping the 49ers practice in London...and still lost.

Lestat
01-21-2013, 02:41 PM

i got two words for ya... Josh McDaniels.
that's all i need to root against them. plus they're a douche franchise who i hate as much as the Raiders(which i never thought was possible)

CEH
01-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Sucks and Thankfully no one was hurt

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22419373/robbers-force-way-into-aurora-home-nfl-player

El Minion
01-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Football Outsiders also noticed (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/audibles/2013/audibles-line-conference-championships) that tender foot Brady needs a clean pocket to be a faux GOAT:

Mike Kurtz: The Ravens also did a very good job getting pressure on Brady when he did try to go long, and he was feeling it. Near the end of the game (the play before the interception, I believe) you could see Brady throwing an intermediate route and trying to shield himself as he's throwing it against a defender that was clearly not going to get there. The best way to beat the Patriots has always been to unsettle Brady, and despite the rather unimpressive rush numbers on paper, the Ravens did a great job getting into his head.

Aaron Schatz: I don't think they really did until the end of the game, though. Certainly not in the first half, and not much in the third quarter either.

Danny Tuccitto: Saw a stat from ESPN last night that said Kaepernick led the league in lowest "inaccurate throw" percentage, which I confirmed in the charting for incompletions they gave us. I bring this up because, in answering the question, "How did the best offense in the NFL just score 13 points at home against a mediocre defense?" I can't help but focus on how many inaccurate throws Brady made tonight. I know there were several drops and batted balls, but I can't remember the last time I saw him miss so many open guys. Obviously, the game-ending interception was a glaring underthrow, but there were plenty of others that killed New England (IIRC, Shane Vereen (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/27341/shane-vereen) would still be running if Brady didn't throw it behind him on a dumpoff with 11 minutes left).

This is why Elway, Favre, and even Manning should be ranked higher then Brady. Those don't have need a clean pocket to perform and carry their teams to victory. Brady is Drew Bledsoe 2.0

pricejj
01-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Sucks and Thankfully no one was hurt

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22419373/robbers-force-way-into-aurora-home-nfl-player

All this dude does is win Super Bowl's, and I never heard of him. Born in Denver, and went to TJ...who knew?

mwill07
01-23-2013, 06:12 AM
Patriots are not dead. Next pre-season, the AFC superbowl favorites will be either Denver or New England.

Here is what NE is going to do:

1. Let Welker walk. The Patriots don't keep their stars, outside of Brady and Wilfork.

2. Find a viable deep threat. They want what they had in Moss in 2007 - someone who can stretch defenses and open up the middle.

3. install as their base offensive formation a 3 TE set. This would be absolutely revolutionary - no one passes consistently out of a 13 formation, but that's what NE will do. Hernandez (62-250) gives them the versatility to do this, as he is stout enough to play FB if they want to load up in the back-field, and spry enough to line up as a WR. The TE's would be Gronkowski (6-6, 265) and Ballard (6-6, 256).

I don't see any way a conventional defense wouldn't have trouble with a line-up like that if the WR was a halfway reliable speedster. There will be a CB on one of their TE's, and with 2 TE's being 6-6, they will have a pretty severe height advantage and certainly a size advantage. The other two TE's will have to deal with LB's, Hernandez and Gronk are both mismatches for most LB's there as well. As much as their 2 TE set + welker stretches a defense, a 3TE set would be much worse and would improve their running game.

2KBack
01-23-2013, 06:47 AM
Patriots are not dead. Next pre-season, the AFC superbowl favorites will be either Denver or New England.

Here is what NE is going to do:

1. Let Welker walk. The Patriots don't keep their stars, outside of Brandy and Wilfork.

2. Find a viable deep threat. They want what they had in Moss in 2007 - someone who can stretch defenses and open up the middle.

3. install as their base offensive formation a 3 TE set. This would be absolutely revolutionary - no one passes consistently out of a 13 formation, but that's what NE will do. Hernandez (62-250) gives them the versatility to do this, as he is stout enough to play FB if they want to load up in the back-field, and spry enough to line up as a WR. The TE's would be Gronkowski (6-6, 265) and Ballard (6-6, 256).

I don't see any way a conventional defenses wouldn't have trouble with a line-up like that if the one WR was a halfway reliable speedster. There will be a CB on one of their TE's, and with 2 TE's being 6-6, they will have a pretty severe height advantage and certainly a size advantage. The other two TE's will have to deal with LB's, Hernandez and Gronk are both mismatches for most LB's there as well. As much as their 2 TE set + welker stretches a defense, a 3TE set would be much worse and would improve their running game.

WR....the Achilles heel of the NE scouting department.

TonyR
01-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Pats land Armond Armstead...

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8870230/armond-armstead-signs-new-england-patriots-according-sources

Taco John
01-23-2013, 09:14 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2049057/LOLofthering_medium.gif

nyuk nyuk
01-23-2013, 09:17 AM

wow what a b1tch

What a bitch? Why? They did the same crap to us last week and got away with it... WITHOUT APOLOGY.

He shouldn't have apologized.

nyuk nyuk
01-23-2013, 09:19 AM
All this dude does is win Super Bowl's, and I never heard of him. Born in Denver, and went to TJ...who knew?

Yeah right under the radar. Whoever robbed his place knew who lived there, clearly.

El Minion
05-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Football Outsiders also noticed (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/audibles/2013/audibles-line-conference-championships) that tender foot Brady needs a clean pocket to be a faux GOAT:

Mike Kurtz: The Ravens also did a very good job getting pressure on Brady when he did try to go long, and he was feeling it. Near the end of the game (the play before the interception, I believe) you could see Brady throwing an intermediate route and trying to shield himself as he's throwing it against a defender that was clearly not going to get there. The best way to beat the Patriots has always been to unsettle Brady, and despite the rather unimpressive rush numbers on paper, the Ravens did a great job getting into his head.

Aaron Schatz: I don't think they really did until the end of the game, though. Certainly not in the first half, and not much in the third quarter either.

Danny Tuccitto: Saw a stat from ESPN last night that said Kaepernick led the league in lowest "inaccurate throw" percentage, which I confirmed in the charting for incompletions they gave us. I bring this up because, in answering the question, "How did the best offense in the NFL just score 13 points at home against a mediocre defense?" I can't help but focus on how many inaccurate throws Brady made tonight. I know there were several drops and batted balls, but I can't remember the last time I saw him miss so many open guys. Obviously, the game-ending interception was a glaring underthrow, but there were plenty of others that killed New England (IIRC, Shane Vereen would still be running if Brady didn't throw it behind him on a dumpoff with 11 minutes left).

This is why Elway, Favre, and even Manning should be ranked higher then Brady. Those don't have need a clean pocket to perform and carry their teams to victory. Brady is Drew Bledsoe 2.0

Preach brother Clark!

––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Ryan Clark: Amendola is fragile, Brady ducks when he’s blitzed (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/07/ryan-clark-amendola-is-fragile-brady-ducks-when-hes-blitzed/)
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 7, 2013, 6:40 AM EDT

Steelers safety Ryan Clark is already licking his chops about playing the Patriots in Week Nine.

Clark said on ESPN that the Patriots have taken a step backward by replacing Wes Welker with the “fragile” Danny Amendola, and that quarterback Tom Brady struggles when he starts to feel pressure and can’t find an open receiver.

“I think what’s really underestimated is Wes Welker’s importance to not only the New England Patriots, but Tom Brady,” Clark said. “Losing him is huge. . . . I know they think Danny Amendola can come in and have the same type of numbers he had with the Rams, but we also have to remember, he’s fragile.”

Clark believes that if Brady isn’t seeing his favorite receiver getting open quickly, then Brady is going to struggle.

“When Tom Brady gets pressure and when you’re man-to-man and bumping those guys and making it hard for him to throw, he sees ghosts,” Clark said. “Even when guys aren’t around him, even when he’s not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we’ll see him duck, we’ll see him flinch. When you get Tom Brady doing that, the whole New England Patriots mystique goes away.”

Clark referenced a 2011 game when the Steelers beat the Patriots and held Brady to 198 passing yards.

“Two years ago we played them and dominated them because we went man-to-man and had a big corner in Cortez Allen on [Rob] Gronkowski, and made it hard for Tom Brady to get the ball off, in timing, and made him to have to make plays. It was hard for him.”

Those comments may motivate Brady to make life hard for Clark when the teams meet on November 3.

pricejj
05-07-2013, 10:16 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Tom_41aace_2186330.jpg

Brady longer washes his car -- "My wife would kill me for wasting water," he says