PDA

View Full Version : Well guys...

TheReverend
01-17-2013, 06:39 AM
The season's over and after some time to reflect, here are my thoughts about the game:

I thought overall Plummer played a good game, but 3 turnovers are still 3 turnovers (whether semi-gifted by the refs or not) and we need headier play.

It was nice having Dan Neil back in the lineup, but it looked like his injuries really affected him out there.

Roc Alexander just got abused ALL game long.

Jashon Sykes generated zero pressure.

Pryce also disappeared when we needed him to come through.

I can't believe Nick Ferguson whiffed on that ball... he catches that and game over.

...But really, this game falls on Coyer. He generated ZERO pressure while giving up easy completions all day long.

theAPAOps5
01-17-2013, 06:43 AM
The season's over and after some time to reflect, here are my thoughts about the game:

I thought overall Plummer played a good game, but 3 turnovers are still 3 turnovers (whether semi-gifted by the refs or not) and we need headier play.

It was nice having Dan Neil back in the lineup, but it looked like his injuries really affected him out there.

I can't believe Nick Ferguson whiffed on that ball... he catches that and game over.

...But really, this game falls on Coyer. He generated ZERO pressure while giving up easy completions all day long.

Holy **** they are perfect doppelgangers.......... For one horrific game that is.

That One Guy
01-17-2013, 07:03 AM
LOL...

Kaylore
01-17-2013, 07:08 AM
I can't believe Champ let Hines catch that pass.

CEH
01-17-2013, 07:53 AM
I predict it will be be 8 more years before we get a golden shot like this again

Rohirrim
01-17-2013, 08:29 AM
The only one who came to play on defense was The Predator.

jmz313
01-17-2013, 08:45 AM
At least we touched their WRs down on every "tackle".

ColoradoDarin
01-17-2013, 08:48 AM
sadface

RhymesayersDU
01-17-2013, 09:07 AM
:)

Dr. Broncenstein
01-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Somehow this seems less disappointing than 2006. Maybe it's because New England was in the rear view and Peyton was out of the way.

gyldenlove
01-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Somehow this seems less disappointing than 2006. Maybe it's because New England was in the rear view and Peyton was out of the way.

I think this is less disappointing than 2006 because there is a general feeling we will be back next year. In 2006 I felt the record did not match the overall talent of the team, much like last year, but this year it feels like the team has a good talent level and can go back to the playoffs again barring major injuries so there will be another chance - I guess the other thing is that we didn't get outplayed, in 2006 the Steelers were just better than us but I don't think anyone in their right mind would say the Ravens were better than us in that game.

Rabb
01-17-2013, 11:29 AM
too soon

too ****ing soon

DenverDynamite
01-17-2013, 11:32 AM
My wife told me I was dropping f-bombs in my sleep last night. I am pretty sure it was related to last Saturday.

Irish Stout
01-17-2013, 11:33 AM

I disagree 4000%. This was the most frustrating game I've ever seen in any sport at any level and was second most disappointing game to 1996. 2006 was disappointing, but it just never felt like we were that completely solid through and through like we felt in 1996 and 2012.

2006, the year of the roll out.

TheReverend
01-17-2013, 12:05 PM

^ that. And it was one game removed from the big dance.

THIS had a juggernaut Pats team that we haven't beaten in quite some time staring us in the face and, if that hurdle was cleared, a 49ers team capable of generating post-season pressure and a QB that runs the Tebow-system a hundred times better than he did... Any confidence this Denver D could've played assignment football against that level of quality?

In 2006 (05 season), I was SURE we were winning the Superbowl... weak NFC and Pitt at home.

:/

gunns
01-17-2013, 01:14 PM

Although I have very high hopes for next year and my patience is holding me together, this year was much more disappointing. The talent level was there, whereas in 2006, I was one that just did not believe in Plummer, especially after that divisional game and then going against the Steelers D. Thank heavens it's all in the past and the future looks much brighter than it did in 2006.

Requiem
01-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Revgold.

Kaylore
01-17-2013, 01:49 PM

And because we would have been able to play an above average Seahags team for the whole burrito.

Eldorado
01-17-2013, 01:56 PM
^ that. And it was one game removed from the big dance.

THIS had a juggernaut Pats team that we haven't beaten in quite some time staring us in the face and, if that hurdle was cleared, a 49ers team capable of generating post-season pressure and a QB that runs the Tebow-system a hundred times better than he did... Any confidence this Denver D could've played assignment football against that level of quality?

In 2006 (05 season), I was SURE we were winning the Superbowl... weak NFC and Pitt at home.

:/

This is all just a cleverly disguised Macgruder troll thread, isn't it?

Taco John
01-17-2013, 02:11 PM

Remind me to move this epic post to the Ring of Fame in due time... I literally choked on my monster drink while reading this.

TheReverend
01-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Remind me to move this epic post to the Ring of Fame in due time... I literally choked on my monster drink while reading this.

True Ring of Fame is my post history, so whatever :wave:

mkporter
01-17-2013, 02:38 PM
I can't believe Champ let Hines catch that pass.

Blatant offensive PI. Agree though, a pick-6 there, and the broncos win the Super Bowl.

McDman
01-17-2013, 05:32 PM
I've said it before, I never thought this was our year. Next year we're going to get the 4 seed and win it all.

titan
01-17-2013, 05:41 PM
2006 was more disappointing to me. We were playing a #6 seed at home with a rookie qb who wasn't totally healthy. Whoever wins beats the inexperienced Seahawks in the SB. After defeating New England in the division round I thought a Bronco win over the Steelers was a sure thing. The only AFC Championship game loss at home for the Broncos.

jerseyboiler120
01-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Tough question. I feel this year's team was better and was playing like the best team in the league by far, so on that note this was more gut wrenching. Add to it the referees and its worse.

orinjkrush
01-17-2013, 05:52 PM
the feeling of incompleteness is palpable. that could be the final fire needed to get us to the top.

BroncoBuff
01-19-2013, 05:16 PM
They're all the same to me, 96, 06 (05?) and this one ... none is worse than another, a cloud of gray for weeks. 1984 too, same thing. 13-3 in John's second season, but lost at Mile High to 8-8 Steelers in Round One. Abercrombie and Pollard, Abercrombie and Pollard, Abercrombie and Pollard, Abercrombie and Pollard ....

There was a Labor Union building of some kind in the west parking lot of Mile High, with a triangular geometric logo on it. I was parked right in front of that logo, and I think I sat there staring at it silently for two, maybe three hours, barely moved.

extralife
01-19-2013, 05:45 PM
...is it sad that I miss Jashon Sykes?

nyuk nyuk
01-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Ouch.

Somewhere in Boulder, Plummer is snickering.

ZONA
01-20-2013, 01:53 AM
This was by far the most frustrating Broncos playoff loss. Why? Here's why:

* You have Peyton Manning as your QB, who's having an MVP type year

* A punt return for a TD and a kick return for a TD - 14 points from ST's

* #1 seed - homefield throughout the playoffs

* #2 ranked defense

....and honestly, if these 2 teams played 10 games in a row, the Broncos win 9 of those games. It had to be the perfect storm for the Ravens to win. The Ravens needed so many things to go their way to win (the calls, the weather, the Broncos mistakes they don't make 95% of the time).

KipCorrington25
01-20-2013, 01:56 AM
Everyone gets a participation ribbon, I love them all, they played their best! Hugs!

MacGruder
01-20-2013, 08:17 AM

* #2 ranked defense

....and honestly, if these 2 teams played 10 games in a row, the Broncos win 9 of those games. It had to be the perfect storm for the Ravens to win. The Ravens needed so many things to go their way to win (the calls, the weather, the Broncos mistakes they don't make 95% of the time).

I don't understand this view. Peyton had everything go perfect for him and he still tanked. He had 2 touchdowns gifted 2 him and he still lost in horrific fashion. It's strange to me that people haven't pointed out how bad Peyton was.

And he isn't getting any younger. I think the playoffs shows the real Peyton. It shows how much he has aged. The regular season is fool's gold. This was where Elway really blew it because he's viewing it like his era. It isn't his era. There's no place for older Qbs in the league right now unless you are Brady and have Belichick on your side... even then I think Brady's days are numbered. If Brady comes up short again you think he is going to want to risk tarnishing his legacy even more?

winstoncup bronco
01-20-2013, 08:48 AM

* #2 ranked defense

Probably this more than anything annoys the **** out of me. Aside from the obvious fact that both teams played in the same conditions, it's the first time I can remember that the weather favored the road team. Shouldn't the elements favor the home team? These guys live, practice, and play in Denver, how can they not be prepared for cold weather?

CEH
01-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Probably this more than anything annoys the **** out of me. Aside from the obvious fact that both teams played in the same conditions, it's the first time I can remember that the weather favored the road team. Shouldn't the elements favor the home team? These guys live, practice, and play in Denver, how can they not be prepared for cold weather?

Because at no time in the last month has the temperature dropped to 10 degrees. Even the week of the game on Wednesday the temp was 50 degrees

I bet if look back at December the temp never dipped below 40 during the day.

I guess you could practice at midnight outdoors even then the temp never dipped below 25

winstoncup bronco
01-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Because at no time in the last month has the temperature dropped to 10 degrees. Even the week of the game on Wednesday the temp was 50 degrees

I bet if look back at December the temp never dipped below 40 during the day.

I guess you could practice at midnight outdoors even then the temp never dipped below 25

Fine, but you can say the same thing if had snowed that day. Neither team had a chance to practice or play in it all season, but I get the feeling that would have favored Baltimore as well. Has it really come down to hoping for warm weather in Denver in January for us to play well?

Hulamau
01-20-2013, 10:11 AM
I don't understand this view. Peyton had everything go perfect for him and he still tanked. He had 2 touchdowns gifted 2 him and he still lost in horrific fashion. It's strange to me that people haven't pointed out how bad Peyton was.

And he isn't getting any younger. I think the playoffs shows the real Peyton. It shows how much he has aged. The regular season is fool's gold. This was where Elway really blew it because he's viewing it like his era. It isn't his era. There's no place for older Qbs in the league right now unless you are Brady and have Belichick on your side... even then I think Brady's days are numbered. If Brady comes up short again you think he is going to want to risk tarnishing his legacy even more?

Manning did not LOSE this game in "horrific fashion". He had the game sewed up and won doing more then enough in the coldest weather ever in a Denver play off game. He also didnt have our 2nd string starting RB in the second half and still we had a 7 point lead with 1:09 left in the game.

The Bronco secondary and specifically Carter to some degree and Rahim the 'Nightmare' Dream as the major goat of the game joined side by side with Coach Fox with his two very poor shrinking violet backpedaling decisions in the last 3 minutes of the game that set the stage for and allowed Rahim his 15 seconds of infamy to begin with are what lost this game!

Take away any one of this unlikely scenarios and Peyton is suiting up today for the AFC Championship.

And that is not even taking into account the one-sided hatchet job on us by the Refs in one of the very worse and most unbalanced examples of playoff officiating in the history of the NFL ....

So your target on Manning's back is misguided and obviously self serving.

We all know your lips are glued to Tebow's Oscar Meyer but get a grip man! Oh yeah, I forgot this an Alien conspiracy fruitcake level assessment. Sorry .. never mind and carry on with your Sci Fi story.

MacGruder
01-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Even though McGahee played he and Moreno were injured at the end of last season too.. McGahee fumbled preventing the Broncos from winning in regulation and Tebow still pulled it out in OT.. and this was against a team just as good if not better than the Ravens.

Peyton had 2 TDs gifted to him and gave up 3 turnovers - one of them a pick 6. He dinked and dunked all game, too. He shouldn't even have been in that game.. he was atrocious and physically he looked like a joke. The whole NFL is going hyper athletic and Peyton is as unathletic as you can imagine. If you had Beli with his genius offense around Peyton that might be different. But teams know Peyton's offense like the back of their hand when they put in the time to prepare for him in the post season.

You can say I am saying this because I am a Tebow fan but you forget there is a REASON I am a Tebow fan.. it's because he gives his team such an advantage with both his passing AND running... Peyton just illustrates why Tebow's abilities are so valuable in the NFL today. In an era when athleticism is at an all time high in value in the NFL at the QB position the Broncos gave up arguably the biggest athletic freak in NFL history for one of the most athletically challenged. The results just illustrate that.

wolf754life
01-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Even though McGahee played he and Moreno were injured at the end of last season too.. McGahee fumbled preventing the Broncos from winning in regulation and Tebow still pulled it out in OT.. and this was against a team just as good if not better than the Ravens.

Peyton had 2 TDs gifted to him and gave up 3 turnovers - one of them a pick 6. He dinked and dunked all game, too. He shouldn't even have been in that game.. he was atrocious and physically he looked like a joke. The whole NFL is going hyper athletic and Peyton is as unathletic as you can imagine. If you had Beli with his genius offense around Peyton that might be different. But teams know Peyton's offense like the back of their hand when they put in the time to prepare for him in the post season.

You can say I am saying this because I am a Tebow fan but you forget there is a REASON I am a Tebow fan.. it's because he gives his team such an advantage with both his passing AND running... Peyton just illustrates why Tebow's abilities are so valuable in the NFL today. In an era when athleticism is at an all time high in value in the NFL at the QB position the Broncos gave up arguably the biggest athletic freak in NFL history for one of the most athletically challenged. The results just illustrate that.

Tebow sucks assholes.........shut your mouth

MacGruder
01-20-2013, 11:49 AM
Tebow sucks a-holes.........shut your mouth

Tebow outplayed Peyton versus comparable competition while the Broncos brass were coddling Peyton and throwing Tebow under the bus...

Someone sucks but it aint Tebow. Someone was great last season and it wasn't the Broncos team..

TheReverend
01-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Tebow outplayed Peyton versus comparable competition while the Broncos brass were coddling Peyton and throwing Tebow under the bus...

Someone sucks but it aint Tebow. Someone was great last season and it wasn't the Broncos team..

McElroy?

go_broncos
01-20-2013, 11:59 AM
I know Manning doesn't play well in playoffs..But, to say that Tebow played better than Manning last year is a crime..They should be banned from talking football again.

MacGruder
01-20-2013, 12:05 PM
McElroy?

Remember when someone in the Broncos org said Tebow was the worst Qb in camp... we saw Quinn last season. That shows you how smart NFL people are...

And yet people still value NFL practices....

MacGruder
01-20-2013, 12:07 PM
I know Manning doesn't play well in playoffs..But, to say that Tebow played better than Manning last year is a crime..They should be banned from talking football again.

I am talking about their playoff games. Tebow was not allowed to run the no huddle Peyton ran most the season because the Broncos D was so bad in his season. he didn't have Del Rio and Peyton did.

Whenever Fox let Tebow and the offense loose the D completely collapsed.

BroncoBuff
01-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Here's why I think 1984 was the most painful of the four:

John Elway in his 2nd year really took charge of the team (after some weird rookie experiences). Lotsa you guys are too young to recall, but a 23-year old John Elway on the Broncos, universal #1 pick, that was a "morning in america" moment. The team's future was so bright, never brighter. Went 13-3 with relative ease. 9-7 Steelers came into Mile High, nobody gave it a second thought ... a lot like the 96 Jags in that respect.

Here's the kicker: Opponent for the AFC Ch-ship game the next week? All set to have been the 14-2 Miami Dolphins, and their stats-happy 2nd year QB Dan Marino. Yup, the Orange Crush was already packed for the Orange Bowl when this one happened.

The Elway-Marino matchup was more anticipated than Manning-Peyton, it really was. Plus John had real problems dealing with Marino's stats explosion, it bothered him more than anything. It was the genesis of the Elway vs. Reeves feud really, in that John (and 1st yr QB coach Mike) started thinking Reeves was too conservative (wasn't true, Broncos threw the ball as much or more often than any team).