PDA

View Full Version : Video compilaton of bad calls in Bronco-Raven game

LetsGoBroncos
01-16-2013, 09:05 AM
I know it's a moot point but I kinda wanted to get a video of each of the bad calls that really changed the game and combine them into one. If I were to have say 8 different videos on my Ipad how do I do that? Should I email them all to myself to get them on my computer?? But then after that how do you combine them into one. Like a compilation?

broncosteven
01-16-2013, 09:10 AM
I was hoping someone had the time to compile this. Doesn't the iPad have a movie maker that you can add the 2 together? I know Win has the Microsoft Movie Maker.

milehighJC
01-16-2013, 09:15 AM
I was hoping someone had the time to compile this. Doesn't the iPad have a movie maker that you can add the 2 together? I know Win has the Microsoft Movie Maker.

There is a version of iMovie available for $4.99. Ive thought about playing with it, but dont have the time right now.

On my PC, I use Pinnacle Studio - would be easy to do, add music, fast motion, slow motion, titles, overlays etc. More expensive, and you do have to get the video into a compatible format (it is pretty flexible tho).

You do have to watch the copyrights...

LetsGoBroncos
01-16-2013, 09:18 AM
There is a version of iMovie available for $4.99. Ive thought about playing with it, but dont have the time right now.

On my PC, I use Pinnacle Studio - would be easy to do, add music, fast motion, slow motion, titles, overlays etc. More expensive, and you do have to get the video into a compatible format (it is pretty flexible tho).

Geez, sounds like too much of a pain.

With the copyrights, how does anyone post game highlights on youtube?

BigPlayShay
01-16-2013, 09:47 AM
Geez, sounds like too much of a pain.

List the plays and I can do it.

With the copyrights, how does anyone post game highlights on youtube?

They are just getting away with it. I have seen people get cracked down on before. That is why you see all those videos that people post that is them videotaping their TV. It's a bit of a loophole.

LetsGoBroncos
01-16-2013, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=BigPlayShay;3782943]List the plays and I can do it.

1. PI call on Tony Carter when we would have had great field position
to go up 10-0 or 14-0. It was a very ticky tack call especially in a
playoff game. I've seen that not be called hundreds of times.

2. No PI in Decker on pick 6. Instead of being up maybe 10 we are down
7.....17 or 21 point swing. And the thing is if you call the one on
Carter right before that you have to call this. This was clear PI,
Carter's was questionable.

3. Play before missed field goal Suggs hits Hester way before ball
gets there. Next play is a missed FG and Baltimore ends up scoring to
tie it

4. Again no PI when the guy clearly hits Decker in the back before the
ball gets there. We were driving but end up punting and they tie it

5. Holding on Kuper on third and 1 on a play that was half a second
long. We were driving but end up punting and they tie it. Not sure I
have ever seen a holding call on a third and 1 quick handoff up the
middle. And the replay showed it was not holding.

6. Fumble by Manning. Arm was moving forward when ball started to come
loose and he never re-gained possession. Should have been incomplete.
This is debateable but why does Brady get the tuck rule and nobody
else does?

7. PI on Bailey in OT on third down. What? I don't even know what to say here

8. Catch by Boldin in OT on 3rd down. Ball hit the ground and even if
they say it didn't he was bobbling it and by the time he got
possession he was out of bounds. We would have had it at midfield
needing a FG to win

Would be awesome if you did this!!

A couple of them (Boldin's catch) make sure to get the replays in there too. Not just the live play

LetsGoBroncos
01-16-2013, 10:11 AM

tie it

else does?

needing a FG to win

A couple of them (Boldin's catch) make sure to get the replays in there too. Not just the live play

On #4, I can't remember exactly when it was. I know we were heading right to left on the screen so it must have been third quarter and Decker was near the sideline coming back toward the line of scrimmage on the bottom of the screen.

BigPlayShay
01-16-2013, 09:56 PM
Here's some salt for the wounds:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VVXIDNFaiLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

troya900
01-16-2013, 10:09 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VVXIDNFaiLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The one right before the FG attempt was so blatantly obvious on Hester it wasn't even funny. How can you NOT tell that fatass suggs is basically completely covering up Hester when the ball was only halfway there. That's just got to be a penalty no ifs ands or buts.

ZONA
01-16-2013, 11:20 PM

Pinnacle Studio is a great piece of software. I've used it several times to make movies. Love how the timeline is so user friendly. Adding all that moving text is so easy. I love doing that crap. I guess I was a film editor in my previous life, lol.

I couldn't do this request though. I haven't even watched this game again. It's still on the DVR but I don't want to watch it. Maybe in like April or something.

Gutless Drunk
01-17-2013, 07:16 AM

This makes me want to punch a baby.

LetsGoBroncos
01-17-2013, 07:26 AM

Thanks for putting that together man.

Couldn't find the one on Decker in the third quarter? That was one of the most obvious ones all game...I just can't remember when it was

Gutless Drunk
01-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Man, when you compare the no PI call on Decker to the PI call on Champ it's ****ing criminal

LetsGoBroncos
01-17-2013, 08:18 AM
Man, when you compare the no PI call on Decker to the PI call on Champ it's ****ing criminal

Exactly. I can kinda see how they called Carter on his even though I don't really agree with it. I've seen what he did not be called tons of times and the pass landed out of bounds too.

And you are right, Champ's wasn't half as bad as the one on Decker.

We were robbed, plain and simple. And the sad thing is even after all that if we had knocked down a hail mary we win.

Gutless Drunk
01-17-2013, 08:21 AM
You should change the thread title to reflect it's current content

ScottXray
01-17-2013, 08:27 AM
I was pretty okay with the result of the game after this long. Just watched this for the first time....

Now I am back to the anger stage. The officiating in this game was just criminal. We got screwed so many times.

The only one of these that I can agree with its the Boldin catch...He did regain control although the ground helped him. It probably should not have been overturned. All the rest we got jobbed on.

Edit: The tuck play is also too close to call. Peyton did get it back to his body and get a second hand on it...although not really secured.

BigPlayShay
01-17-2013, 08:32 AM
Thanks for putting that together man.

Couldn't find the one on Decker in the third quarter? That was one of the most obvious ones all game...I just can't remember when it was

Damn, I forgot to put it in there. But, after just watching it now, it was nowhere near as bad as the one on the pick 6, or the one on Hester. Those 2 are so obvious, its sickening.

Also, when you compare the call against Carter for the "cut-off" and to the non-call when Thomas was "cut-off" and tripped, its unfathomable that they did not call Williams on that.

LetsGoBroncos
01-17-2013, 08:32 AM
I was pretty okay with the result of the game after this long. Just watched this for the first time....

Now I am back to the anger stage. The officiating in this game was just criminal. We got screwed so many times.

The only one of these that I can agree with its the Boldin catch...He did regain control although the ground helped him. It probably should not have been overturned. All the rest we got jobbed on.

And if that is true then by the time he got control he was out of bounds

LetsGoBroncos
01-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Damn, I forgot to put it in there. But, after just watching it now, it was nowhere near as bad as the one on the pick 6, or the one on Hester. Those 2 are so obvious, its sickening.

Also, when you compare the call against Carter for the "cut-off" and to the non-call when Thomas was "cut-off" and tripped, its unfathomable that they did not call Williams on that.

Right. Reason I wasn't so upset about that one was we ended up scoring. But for the sake of showing how bad the refs were you are right.

Gutless Drunk
01-17-2013, 09:01 AM
I like how Suggs tries to pull up on the Hester play, as he know it is illegal contact. Couldn't have made it more obvious.

I need to stop watching this, it's making me angry.

BigPlayShay
01-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Want to make sure you all caught this in the video as well:

LetsGoBroncos
01-17-2013, 09:03 AM
I like how Suggs tries to pull up on the Hester play, as he know it is illegal contact. Couldn't have made it more obvious.

I need to stop watching this, it's making me angry.

And there is the other one on Decker that isn't even in the video :)

SonOfLe-loLang
01-17-2013, 09:09 AM

Edit: The tuck play is also too close to call. Peyton did get it back to his body and get a second hand on it...although not really secured.

Actually the tuck rule play was the one that really reangered me. Looked like the ball was coming loose on the way down, which should be incomplete..and he definitely didn't pull it back.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Why were commentators saying that Tuckers kick was illegal, but that there was no penalty for it? Unless that rule above is fake, seems pretty clear to me?

BigPlayShay
01-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Why were commentators saying that Tuckers kick was illegal, but that there was no penalty for it? Unless that rule above is fake, seems pretty clear to me?

Not sure why they were saying that there was no penalty for it, it's right on the NFL website:

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/7_2012_Game_Timing.pdf

SonOfLe-loLang
01-17-2013, 09:32 AM
Not sure why they were saying that there was no penalty for it, it's right on the NFL website:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/7_2012_Game_Timing.pdf

Unreal.

This has to go down as one of the oddest games in NFL history

ScottXray
01-17-2013, 09:36 AM
On the Moore play at the end of the second half.
It was an inexcusable mistake.

But I wonder if the coaches had warned the secondary to make
NO contact that could be possibly interpreted as PI. Play off the
receivers a bit.

I have no doubt that if Moore had been in position to intercept or
knock the pass down and there was any contact at all a flag would have appeared, whether or not it was interference..

Smiling Assassin27
01-17-2013, 09:39 AM
This video just set me back two stages in my grief therapy.

Eldorado
01-17-2013, 10:11 AM
Not helping.

Old Dude
01-17-2013, 10:30 AM
We wuz robbed.

Irish Stout
01-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Just when I was starting to learn how to cope, I come here, watch this **** and lose it.

I mean - I'd like to give props for finding this ****, but it really makes me so godamned angry its unbearable. So screw all of you.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Yeah. That's the worst **** I've ever seen.

How in the everloving **** does Vinovich still have a job? How?

BroncosfanGuy
01-17-2013, 11:26 AM
didn't even make it through the entire video...stopped after the BS holding flag on 3rd & 1. The flag was thrown waaaaay after the end of the play and after it was obvious Hester picked up the 1st down.

Egregious. The NFL by way of their their replacement ref altered the outcome of the game. This is the exact reason I quit watching the nba.

But I'm sure Denver hasn't sent tape to the NFL. Probably too busy crunching numbers & trying to figure out when to take a knee w/ Payton MF Manning running the offense.

BroncosfanGuy
01-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Yeah. That's the worst **** I've ever seen.

How in the everloving **** does Vinovich still have a job? How?

the NFL obviously picked him and his crew (who had not worked a game together all year) for a reason....what that reason is is up for debate.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-17-2013, 11:32 AM
the NFL obviously picked him and his crew (who had not worked a game together all year) for a reason....what that reason is is up for debate.

Yeah, I get that, I just... the incompetence. And then for Pereira to come out and get all DERP-y with cherry-picked calls... just insane.

BroncosfanGuy
01-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I get that, I just... the incompetence. And then for Pereira to come out and get all DERP-y with cherry-picked calls... just insane.

completely insane. the guy was a replacement ref at the beginning of the year and all of a sudden he's the head of a hodge-podge crew that has never worked together and just so happens to call a completely one-sided game in the divisional round of the playoffs.

total and complete bs.

Kaylore
01-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Now I'm all pissed off again. How can every call go their way?

LetsGoBroncos
01-17-2013, 11:48 AM
completely insane. the guy was a replacement ref at the beginning of the year and all of a sudden he's the head of a hodge-podge crew that has never worked together and just so happens to call a completely one-sided game in the divisional round of the playoffs.

total and complete bs.

He wasn't a replacement ref. He used to be in the league and took a couple years off due to health reasons. But why he was chosen over Hochuli or someone I don't know.

BroncosfanGuy
01-17-2013, 11:51 AM
He wasn't a replacement ref. He used to be in the league and took a couple years off due to health reasons. But why he was chosen over Hochuli or someone I don't know.

thanks for the clarification. Wiki has him listed as a 'substitute' official. I must have misread.

nyuk nyuk
01-17-2013, 11:56 AM

It WAS illegal, but perhaps there's no penalty for it? It's very odd and something the NFL needs to be on top of.

Fox stated that our ST coach was howling at the line judge who shooed the kicker off the field. Problem is the attention of the LJ was gotten too late - the guy already kicked the ball. Why there was no yardage put against the Ravens there is beyond me.

nyuk nyuk
01-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Now I'm all pissed off again. How can every call go their way?

For the most part, it seemed that way. I was pretty infuriated at the time, but it doesn't cover for our poor performance.

Hulamau
01-17-2013, 12:03 PM

It really is criminal!!

And someone should go post this over at the Ravens board .. I would but they wont let me in anymore :), even though I was perfectly civil and made no derogatory comments about any fan there nor any Raven player or coach whatsoever. They just didn't like a Bronco fan correcting some of the Raven's fans misperceptions about our team as was prevalent the weak before the game.

I fully acknowledged on the Ravens board that their "team was a good one and could very well win, however unlikely that would be in Denver, but only when and if the Broncos under-performed relative to their season average quality of play on both sides of the ball ....AND ... the Ravens played inspired high quality Ravens ball as good as any game this season for 60+ minutes ... AND ... the refs have a big hand in assisting a Ravens upset'

Alas, it turns out those unlikely caveats were completely prophetic, giving Nostradamus a run for his money! Yet, apparently that was too upsetting for their delicate Mods.

Very anal, Nazi-like childish rules over there frankly, makes me appreciate the OM and our Mods all the more.

I even tried to post my promised crow-eating congrats after the debacle and wished the Ravens success in knocking off the Brady Bunch this weekend, but no such luck, I was still locked out.

Anyway, this video is a compelling compilation and it's a fact that the Raven fans would find it impossible to compile a similar video showing any where near as many terrible and questionable calls that went against them in that game! Certainly none with close to the impact on the game outcome as the hatchet job that Head Ref whose Name shall not be uttered here, pulled on Bronco Nation.

Rabb
01-17-2013, 12:09 PM
This was the first footage I have watched since being at the game. Been avoiding every sports show, etc.

**** me, I wish I hadn't watched this.

gunns
01-17-2013, 12:09 PM
This video just set me back two stages in my grief therapy.

That's what I was feeling. Damn.

nyuk nyuk
01-17-2013, 12:10 PM

Un****ingbelievable. We WERE robbed, weren't we?

Article 2 There will be intervals of at least two minutes between the first and second periods (first half) and between the third
and fourth periods (second half). During these intermissions all playing rules continue in force, and no representative of
either team shall enter the field unless he is an incoming substitute, or a team attendant or trainer, entering to see to the
welfare of a player.

Penalty: For illegally entering the field: Loss of 15 yards from the succeeding spot (13-1-6-Pen.).

Hulamau
01-17-2013, 12:12 PM
We really need to send this to NFL headquarters and whats his face ... having a senior moment here :) ... oh yeah Goodell! Not that it would do much good but just maybe someone in authority sees the light and demotes that clown ref from ever running (ruining) another game as Head Ref!

I'm really pissed off now!

nyuk nyuk
01-17-2013, 12:13 PM
And someone should go post this over at the Ravens board .. I would but they wont let me in anymore :), even though I was perfectly civil and made no derogatory comments about any fan there nor any Raven player or coach whatsoever. They just didn't like a Bronco fan correcting some of the Raven's fans misperceptions about our team as was prevalent the weak before the game.

I've been at PatriotsPlanet and they've gotten so low they're altering URLs in my posts and changing them to things derogatory of PFM. But they are Polaroids fans, after all.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-17-2013, 12:14 PM

He was a replacement ref. That's how he got back into the league this year.

enjolras
01-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Un****ingbelievable. We WERE robbed, weren't we?

Article 2 There will be intervals of at least two minutes between the first and second periods (first half) and between the third
and fourth periods (second half). During these intermissions all playing rules continue in force, and no representative of
either team shall enter the field unless he is an incoming substitute, or a team attendant or trainer, entering to see to the
welfare of a player.

Penalty: For illegally entering the field: Loss of 15 yards from the succeeding spot (13-1-6-Pen.).

Wasn't the kicker an oncoming substitute?

enjolras
01-17-2013, 12:21 PM
I made it to the Manning fumble before I stopped. Jesus christ. That pass is incomplete in two different ways. If he maintains control it's the tuck rule, but he doesn't. That ball comes out half way through his motion and he never gets it back. It's obviously an incomplete pass.

What a cruel joke.

I'm back to mad as hell.

BigPlayShay
01-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Wasn't the kicker an oncoming substitute?

No, they ran 2 offensive plays in the 6th period before the FG.

go_broncos
01-17-2013, 12:32 PM
It's tough to win games when you have so many bad calls..
I was confident about this game as i felt Baltimore is not a good team.
Their defense is old and offense was not clicking.

Really unlucky to have these kind of officials.
Officiating was better in remaining three games.
Added to that, we became very conservative during the end.

Tough to forget this loss.
Can't explain how the **** NFL can hire those type of officials.

TonyR
01-17-2013, 12:56 PM
We really need to send this to NFL headquarters and whats his face ... having a senior moment here :) ... oh yeah Goodell! Not that it would do much good but just maybe someone in authority sees the light and demotes that clown ref from ever running (ruining) another game as Head Ref!

We should send it and post it anywhere and everywhere we can. Not that it will do any good but it will make me feel better. I would assume the Broncos put something similar together and submit to the league?

manchambo
01-17-2013, 12:58 PM

And the trainer who held it for him is certainly not a substitute, or a trainer attending to the welfare of a player.

WolfpackGuy
01-17-2013, 01:01 PM
And the trainer who held it for him is certainly not a substitute, or a trainer attending to the welfare of a player.

A god damn trainer was holding it!?

WTF, officials!?

Gutless Drunk
01-17-2013, 01:11 PM

Mike Pereira was just on the Fan spinning away. He incorrectly claimed it was a
substitution. Obviously Scott Hastings didn't challenge him - just bull****ted about how he calls the NBA - Lame.

Pereira did seem to intimate the PI calls were not called evenly.Wouldn't come out and say it though. I will post the link the the audio when it is up.

Here it is. Go to:
http://www.1043thefan.com/Channels/DrewScott/story.aspx?ID=1865393

LetsGoBroncos
01-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Up to 195 views on Youtube!!

Is the title of the video in any danger of getting you in trouble?

nyuk nyuk
01-17-2013, 02:50 PM
The "Kill Bill Vinovich" vid I posted at Ravens.com forums along with a detailed description of uncalled violations by the Ravens - with quotations from the NFL rule book...

My post apparently made it to the divisional game thread to which at least 2 people responded. Then it was deleted, along with responses, and the topic has since been locked.

They know damned well. They're doing damage control.

nyuk nyuk
01-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Up to 195 views on Youtube!!

Is the title of the video in any danger of getting you in trouble?

I think it should be changed. It's deletion bait.

Rother8
01-17-2013, 03:06 PM
I had no problem with
1- the tuck rule on Peyton
2- the Boldin catch
3(ish)- the PI on Carter in the 1st quarter

The Champ PI, Decker offensive PI, and the Kuper hold were literally laughable. I challenge anyone to find one holding call in a goalline or short-yardage situation. Defenders come flying in, it's impossible to call that unless you are a full fledged dumbass.

I'm indifferent on the Demaryius incidental tripping call. Defender was clearly not looking to make a play on the ball, still tough call though.

My knee-jerk reaction to the calls that game were if Dan Dierdof is b****ing and moaning about calls against Denver, Vinovinch can vault off a cliff.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-17-2013, 03:09 PM
The "Kill Bill Vinovich" vid I posted at Ravens.com forums along with a detailed description of uncalled violations by the Ravens - with quotations from the NFL rule book...

My post apparently made it to the divisional game thread to which at least 2 people responded. Then it was deleted, along with responses, and the topic has since been locked.

They know damned well. They're doing damage control.

It's funny; none of them deny anything, and they ALL know they got away with near-murder in that game. And this from a fanbase that went pro YEARS ago bitching about the refs, and before the game started were prefacing their eventual loss with things like "I sure hope the refs don't give Peyton any nonsense calls. League LOVES Peyton."

All you can do is LOL.

sgbfan
01-17-2013, 03:33 PM
1. PI on Carter should have been illegal contact, but if thats called, the DT one should have also, it was more obvious.

2. The tuck rule, I can see how it wasn't overturned, tough call

3. The Boldin Catch was another one that is too close to call, OK to stick with the call on the field.

But the rest were horrible. That is 5 bad calls that changed field position, led directly to points or TO's (which led to points) or stopped a drive that would have ran the clock out at half, and given a better chance at a FG or a TD (Hester).

The Thomas call was the only one that didn't make much difference as we eventually scored a TD anyway, but it makes the Carter PI look worse.

All that combined, and the Broncos still should have won. This is the kind of game you never get over.

Ratboy
01-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Want to make sure you all caught this in the video as well:

We were robbed the entire game.

Can't beat the refs.

Cass
01-17-2013, 03:47 PM

They want Ray Ray to retire in a blaze of glory. I look forward to seeing what sort of shenanigans occur in Foxboro.

Funny enough, even with the horrible officials and the Broncos' disappointing play, the Ravens still needed overtime to win. A truly strong team would have been able to beat the Broncos up.

jerseyboiler120
01-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Its all about that criminal ray lewis. League has basically performed fellatio on him for 3 weeks now.

If boldin's trap is ruled a catch, then Stokely's (I think it was Stokely) on the next drive in OT has to be ruled a catch as well.

Gutless Drunk
01-17-2013, 04:16 PM
they were also all on third down, either extending a drive for Baltimore or killing a drive for us:

Carter's DPI- Continued Baltimore drive led to TD
No DPI called for Decker- Pick 6
No DPI called on Suggs- Ends Denver's drive
Kuper's holding on the Lester dive- Drive killer
Tuck Rule PM fumble- Ended Denver drive
Boldin losing control of the ball- Continued Baltimore drive
Champ's PI- Continued Baltimore drive

Cito Pelon
01-17-2013, 04:18 PM
The leg whip by the CB on DThomas, the holding on Kuper, the Boldin "catch" were the egregious ones to me. And of course the PI on Champ.

BroncosfanGuy
01-17-2013, 04:22 PM
they were also all on third down, either extending a drive for Baltimore or killing a drive for us:

amazing...usually complaining about the refs is lame, but how can this be brushed aside with a straight face?

LRtagger
01-17-2013, 04:30 PM
urge to kill...rising....

Gutless Drunk
01-17-2013, 04:38 PM
They want Ray Ray to retire in a blaze of glory. I look forward to seeing what sort of shenanigans occur in Foxboro.

Funny enough, even with the horrible officials and the Broncos' disappointing play, the Ravens still needed overtime to win. A truly strong team would have been able to beat the Broncos up.

I seriously doubt the Ravens get away with mugging the Patriot receivers in
Foxborough. There's no home town calls quite like the Patriots get. I was hoping we might benefit from the same, I was horribly wrong.

TonyR
01-17-2013, 05:13 PM
I had no problem with
1- the tuck rule on Peyton
2- the Boldin catch
3(ish)- the PI on Carter in the 1st quarter

The Champ PI, Decker offensive PI, and the Kuper hold were literally laughable. I challenge anyone to find one holding call in a goalline or short-yardage situation. Defenders come flying in, it's impossible to call that unless you are a full fledged dumbass.

I'm indifferent on the Demaryius incidental tripping call. Defender was clearly not looking to make a play on the ball, still tough call though.

My knee-jerk reaction to the calls that game were if Dan Dierdof is b****ing and moaning about calls against Denver, Vinovinch can vault off a cliff.

I think your post is fair except the one DT non-call I bolded. That was blatant. The defender knew he was beat and intentionally tripped him. That was basically a TD taken off the board.

nyuk nyuk
01-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Its all about that criminal ray lewis. League has basically performed fellatio on him for 3 weeks now.

The media certainly has been.

nyuk nyuk
01-17-2013, 05:16 PM
I think your post is fair except the one DT non-call I bolded. That was blatant. The defender knew he was beat and intentionally tripped him. That was basically a TD taken off the board.

Yes it was. DT would have had a sure touchdown and the defender knew it so stuck out his left leg as he was going down.

nyuk nyuk
01-17-2013, 05:20 PM

How can you be indifferent when he intentionally jutted his leg out AT Thomas right when he was starting to fall down? That was a TOTAL Tonya Harding.

TonyR
01-17-2013, 05:27 PM
I sent this video to Bill Simmons, IAOFM, and Mike Kils, and also posted on my facebook page. Might be too late to get much play on this but worth a try.

go_broncos
01-17-2013, 05:31 PM
I will watch next week's game just to see how the officiating will be.
NFL is becoming a fixed league..

go_broncos
01-17-2013, 05:33 PM
I sent this video to Bill Simmons, IAOFM, and Mike Kils, and also posted on my facebook page. Might be too late to get much play on this but worth a try.

Good job..
Not sure why Fox or players didn't speak much on officiating.
NFL should know that they made a mistake.

Boogerboots
01-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Foxborough. There's no home town calls quite like the Patriots get. I was hoping we might benefit from the same, I was horribly wrong.

Exactly. Like I had posted in another thread, if that exact game was played start to finish with the Patsies in the Broncos position, Patsies win by at least 14 points. At least half of those call go their way.

Effin bullschit. I truly detest all 4 teams that are left but I'll get some mild satisfaction seeing the ratbirds get curb stomped this weekend.

Cass
01-17-2013, 06:52 PM

Normally I would agree re:the Pats, but the over-the-top cooing over Ray Lewis's retirement it a tad too calculated. It just seems like the moment he made his grand announcement, the storyline was set. Lewis "fights" his way back from a triceps injury to lead the team (that everyone counted out) to a Super Bowl, "avenging" last year's AFC Championship game loss on the way. A Ravens win this weekend would not surprise me one bit, but I will be rooting for the Pats for the first time in my life.

BTW, I don't think games are blatantly rigged but I do think that you can make life harder or easier for one team or the other by putting the right refs on the officiating crew. I thought it was interesting how often the Broncos offensive drives got stopped, thus giving the Ravens defense a break and neutralizing the altitude advantage. And what do you know, the media talking heads this week have been marveling over how the Ravens were able to overcome travel and fatigue and play oh so well.

nyuk nyuk
01-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Good job..
Not sure why Fox or players didn't speak much on officiating.
NFL should know that they made a mistake.

They aren't allowed. Big Al and DMac interviewed Fox and he said the protocol for such things doesn't allow publicly speaking about it. They basically follow a certain grievance process internally with the league. You can tell by Fox's hints and tone that he definitely raised hell with the NFL.

Boltjolt
01-17-2013, 07:20 PM

tie it

else does?

needing a FG to win

What difference does it make? The real culprit was your defense was awful. Dont blame the refs for your defense choking.

However, of what you have up there i will say the PI call on Bailey imo was a bad call.

I actually like the play by Carter on that play he was called and ....if anything it is illegal contact and that would be valid.

The Manning fumble imo was indeed a fumble. His arm wasnt going forward and he pulled it in against his body and then lost it. It could have gone either way really but i think it was the right call.
I hate the tuck rule. Im an advocate of the defense trying to stop the offense from making plays and it shouldnt matter if he tucked it down. If he fumbles, he fumbles and that rule is stupid.

Boldins catch was a catch. Wasnt really close imo. Had his hand on it the whole time and it is the refs call whether or not the ground helped him get control and imo, it didnt. He always had control. Catch all the way.

As for PI calls, i think they called too often and it wussifies the game imo.They need to let them play more than they do.
Cant remember which team got a PI called on them on this one but the defender had a hand on the WR's shoulder but it didnt interfere in the WR him from being able to catch the ball so i didnt agree with that one either. Not like he was yanking on him at all.

TonyR
01-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Everybody gets bad calls against them...

True. But there's about 8-9 calls on that video and only about 3 of them are even questionable. The others are all clearly bad calls and all of the questionable ones go against the Broncos. And they're huge calls! Thomas gets blatantly tripped on what would have been a TD catch. The Ravens get a pick-6 on a blatant PI. That's 14 points right there! That holding call took away a Denver first down and forced a punt. A couple of the bad PI calls on Denver extended Baltimore drives and they scored on at least one of them. I don't know how you can act like that doesn't matter. The Broncos were clearly robbed multiple times and yet it still took an epic blunder of a play to put Baltimore in a position to win the game.

It's true that the Broncos didn't play very well. But it's also true that the refs almost certainly altered the outcome of the game with those calls. The Broncos weren't quite good enough that day to overcome them.

So to you first question, what difference does it make? A loss vs. a win. So, in other words, a pretty big difference.

nyuk nyuk
01-17-2013, 07:31 PM
What difference does it make? Everybody gets bad calls against them and you arent the only ones. Why cant you just accept that your defense crapped the bed and played awful? Dont blame the refs for your defense choking.

Normally I agree, but this game was so flagrant and so frequent that it's an outrage. You should not be able to Tonya Harding a player in the open field in unobstructed view and get away with it.

go_broncos
01-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Ravens are also lucky to win against SD..Rice didn't convert on 4th and 29.
It seems like it's ravens year..Let's see whom officials favor between Brady and Ray.
I believe ravens will win the game this week..

Boltjolt
01-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Normally I agree, but this game was so flagrant and so frequent that it's an outrage. You should not be able to Tonya Harding a player in the open field in unobstructed view and get away with it.

Agree and i thought there were some bad calls in that game but the biggest ones im sure your angry about....Mannings fumble, Boldins catch.....those calls i thought were correct.

Thing is, they are so bent on more offense that they make many bad PI calls and i hate seeing everytime a WR get the ball thrown to them and they dont catch it they are waving their arms to get a PI call. I think they need to let the close calls go. The replacements i thought were better in that regard. But that was it :~ohyah!:

Boltjolt
01-17-2013, 07:46 PM
It seems like it's ravens year..Let's see whom officials favor between Brady and Ray.

Yeah they were short but to even make it close within the foot they were short is dispicable.
Hate to see our team choke as they also did against you but you know, im so glad Turner finally got canned and AJ too for sticking with him. Maybe it is the Ravens year for getting breaks but i dont think they are going to beat the Patriots and dont think the Patriots will beat SF who i think will beat Atlanta. I do think the Pats will beat them.

Play2win
01-17-2013, 07:52 PM
It felt like we were playing against Michael Jordan.

nyuk nyuk
01-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Agree and i thought there were some bad calls in that game but the biggest ones im sure your angry about....Mannings fumble, Boldins catch.....those calls i thought were correct.

Among others. The fumble was an incomplete pass per the tuck rule, and Boldin bobbled the ball and trapped it against the ground, technically speaking.

nyuk nyuk
01-17-2013, 08:15 PM

What happened on that play? I didn't see it.

I think at least some of the time the refs are just zoning out and their little minds are wandering elsewhere.

oubronco
01-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Put it all together and send it to the NFL care of Bowlen

Crushaholic
01-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Orlando Franklin was holding, on the "tuck rule" play. There was all SORTS of wrong, with that particular play...

Boltjolt
01-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Among others. The fumble was an incomplete pass per the tuck rule, and Boldin bobbled the ball and trapped it against the ground, technically speaking.

Well i certainly dont expect many here to agree, but i think they got those calls right. I dont agree he bobbled it and the ground trapped it. Catch all the way how i saw it and Mannings fumble was close but i thought it also was the correct call and it was explained pretty much how i saw it at the time as well.

I do think they need to sh*tc*n the tuck rule. It is a dumb rule.

ChampJesusBailey
01-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Man I was heading to a friends to watch the game when the PI and subsequent Ravens TD and the pick 6 happened so that was my first time seeing them.

I think Carter was guilty of illegal contact for sure, definitely not PI. But that Decker no call was huge because on the play, the Ravens scored a touchdown.

I knew going into the game that it would take a monumentally terrible game by the Broncos to lose and that's exactly what they did. The defense stunk, the offense was too conservative, and to top it all off, the team would have had to overcome loads of Ravens points that came as a direct result of terrible officiating. Man that video just makes me pissed about the game again. ****

Finger Roll
01-17-2013, 10:37 PM
I refuse to watch any highlights of this game. Maybe in 10 years I will. Just saw highlights of the '96 playoff debacle for the first time. It was kind of funny just to see how much different the coaches, players and announcer looked.

mkporter
01-17-2013, 11:11 PM
I need more salt. Can someone put together a vid of the 10 or so holding calls against doom that the refs decided to swallow their flags on?

Ratboy
01-18-2013, 12:47 AM
[QUOTE=LetsGoBroncos;3782963]

What difference does it make? The real culprit was your defense was awful. Dont blame the refs for your defense choking.

However, of what you have up there i will say the PI call on Bailey imo was a bad call.

I actually like the play by Carter on that play he was called and ....if anything it is illegal contact and that would be valid.

The Manning fumble imo was indeed a fumble. His arm wasnt going forward and he pulled it in against his body and then lost it. It could have gone either way really but i think it was the right call.
I hate the tuck rule. Im an advocate of the defense trying to stop the offense from making plays and it shouldnt matter if he tucked it down. If he fumbles, he fumbles and that rule is stupid.

Boldins catch was a catch. Wasnt really close imo. Had his hand on it the whole time and it is the refs call whether or not the ground helped him get control and imo, it didnt. He always had control. Catch all the way.

As for PI calls, i think they called too often and it wussifies the game imo.They need to let them play more than they do.
Cant remember which team got a PI called on them on this one but the defender had a hand on the WR's shoulder but it didnt interfere in the WR him from being able to catch the ball so i didnt agree with that one either. Not like he was yanking on him at all.

You are clearly missing something here.

Boldin's catch should have not been a catch, it was loose and hit the ground. I saw it, not sure why the refs couldn't.

Rewatch Manning's throw. It was coming out as he was moving his arm forward. He tried catch it and it fell incomplete. Horrible call.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-18-2013, 05:38 AM

Fine, and I agree. WHEN ONE TEAM IS ALLOWED TO PLAY, AND THE OTHER IS FLAGGED, THERE IS A PROBLEM. Do you really not see the discrepancy?

The two teams were effectively playing with two different sets of rules.

ND Bronco Fan
01-18-2013, 05:55 AM
Is this really about Ray (probably a little) but its also about the Harbaugh Bowl......nothing will surprise me about the NE-Ravens game........either NE is going to wipe them out or Baltimore will get the same treatment in Denver.

MagicHef
01-18-2013, 06:20 AM

The last one you are talking about was called for holding, not PI. You know, because he held him.

LetsGoBroncos
01-18-2013, 06:59 AM

It's actually even worse than what you have.

No DPI called on Suggs- Ends Denver's drive - Resulted in missed FG and Balt TD before half.

Tuck Rule PM fumble- Ended Denver drive - Resulted in Balt TD

go_broncos
01-18-2013, 07:37 AM
Is this really about Ray (probably a little) but its also about the Harbaugh Bowl......nothing will surprise me about the NE-Ravens game........either NE is going to wipe them out or Baltimore will get the same treatment in Denver.

Officiating crew seems to like Ravens this year.
4th and 29...Ray Rice was about yard short..They reviewed the play
and still awarded him first down.
Ray Lewis is getting Jerome Bettis treatment.

Last week's officiating crew should never officiate in their life time..
It was so biased..This shows how strong our team is compared to Ravens.

Rascal
01-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Is there a way for fans to file a complaint?

Maybe we can write the white house for them to look into it (ala Death Star). It's only 100k signatures.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-18-2013, 09:28 AM
It's actually even worse than what you have.

No DPI called on Suggs- Ends Denver's drive - Resulted in missed FG and Balt TD before half.

Tuck Rule PM fumble- Ended Denver drive - Resulted in Balt TD

I dont have too much fault with the Suggs DPI...that throw was far short of the first down, it would have been kinda BS to throw the flag there. I also dont find a ton of fault with the Boldin catch...its one of those plays that whatever they called on the field would have stood.

The "tuck rule" play seemed much clearer to me. The ball was coming out when peyton's arm came forward and he never regained possession. That should have been an incomplete pass.

Kaylore
01-18-2013, 09:44 AM
For me they don't call the obvious trip on Demaryius and then call a BS call on Champ. And it seemed like we got screwed on third down.

Chris
01-18-2013, 09:48 AM
Yes we got ****ed.

My raiders fan coworker reminded me how we'd be the favourite to beat a Gronkless New England this weekend if we were still in it. Reopened a healing wound. DAMNIT.

teknic
01-18-2013, 09:51 AM
I dont have too much fault with the Suggs DPI...that throw was far short of the first down, it would have been kinda BS to throw the flag there. I also dont find a ton of fault with the Boldin catch...its one of those plays that whatever they called on the field would have stood.

The "tuck rule" play seemed much clearer to me. The ball was coming out when peyton's arm came forward and he never regained possession. That should have been an incomplete pass.

........................ Pass interference comes along with an automatic first down. That pass interference by Suggs was WAY early. Should have been a first down.

This game reminded me of the Atlanta game earlier this season. The refs were looking for any reason to flag the broncos and any reason not to flag the ravens. The officiating was incredibly biased and overall terrible, but the broncos still were in position to win....

sgbfan
01-18-2013, 10:01 AM

If he catches it, 45 more seconds run off the clock, and Balt probably doesn't score on that drive to end the half

SonOfLe-loLang
01-18-2013, 10:25 AM
If he catches it, 45 more seconds run off the clock, and Balt probably doesn't score on that drive to end the half

yeah, maybe. But i still don't have a huge problem with that non-call only because had suggs not interefered and he did catch it, it wasnt going for a first down. Actually, it wouldnt have been close. I know the rule is the rule and whatnot, but had that been a bronco, id have been infuriated...(though i bet the broncos would have been called for it!)

SonOfLe-loLang
01-18-2013, 10:42 AM
........................ Pass interference comes along with an automatic first down. That pass interference by Suggs was WAY early. Should have been a first down.

This game reminded me of the Atlanta game earlier this season. The refs were looking for any reason to flag the broncos and any reason not to flag the ravens. The officiating was incredibly biased and overall terrible, but the broncos still were in position to win....

I'm not gonna go all conspiracy theory on this, i just think it was really unfortunate.

LetsGoBroncos
01-18-2013, 11:01 AM
yeah, maybe. But i still don't have a huge problem with that non-call only because had suggs not interefered and he did catch it, it wasnt going for a first down. Actually, it wouldnt have been close. I know the rule is the rule and whatnot, but had that been a bronco, id have been infuriated...(though i bet the broncos would have been called for it!)

Did you read what he said? Even if he catches it short of the first down we run the clock down to under a minute before the FG attempt. And Baltimore probably doesn't score a TD. Who knows.

Yep, we would have won the Super Bowl...I have no doubt. We would have recognized how badly we played and re-focused and come out on fire this weekend.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Did you read what he said? Even if he catches it short of the first down we run the clock down to under a minute before the FG attempt. And Baltimore probably doesn't score a TD. Who knows.

Yep, we would have won the Super Bowl...I have no doubt. We would have recognized how badly we played and re-focused and come out on fire this weekend.

I get it, i read what he said, i just dont agree with it.

BoiseBluTurf
01-18-2013, 11:15 AM
I have more of an Issue with the flags that were not thrown than the ones that were... If you can call holding on any play... shouldn't Baltimore have been called at least once? I mean sombody correct me if I'm wrong... but the visitors were never flaged for Holding... correct? How does that happen?

LetsGoBroncos
01-18-2013, 11:20 AM

There is nothing to agree or disagree with. If he catches it, the clock runs down...that's a fact. By Suggs interfering he didn't have the opportunity to catch it. That's a fact

LetsGoBroncos
01-18-2013, 11:21 AM
I have more of an Issue with the flags that were not thrown than the ones that were... If you can call holding on any play... shouldn't Baltimore have been called at least once? I mean sombody correct me if I'm wrong... but the visitors were never flaged for Holding... correct? How does that happen?

Exactly. Especially against our pass rush

broncocalijohn
01-18-2013, 11:26 AM

I can see the DT call early in the game as it looked like he caused the defender to fall with a shove. Carter seems to have ridden the Wide Receiver out of bounds. As for Hester getting butt ****ed by Suggs, what the hell was the center ref looking at? Hester was going to the ground before the ball got to Hester. That is an automatic first down.

TonyR
01-18-2013, 11:29 AM
I can see the DT call early in the game as it looked like he caused the defender to fall with a shove.

To me it looked like a guy knowing he's beat intentionally tripping the guy who beat him. And getting away with it.

LetsGoBroncos
01-18-2013, 11:31 AM
To me it looked like a guy knowing he's beat intentionally tripping the guy who beat him. And getting away with it.

Again, this one really didn't matter because we scored. It is however an example of how bad it was that day.

The simplest way I can put it is the one on Carter was iffy...could have been called or could have been let go considering the ball landed out of bounds. By calling it the refs were saying "we are calling it tight today." That was later confirmed on the call on Bailey. However, they missed two on Decker (one goes for a pick 6), and one on Hester.

go_broncos
01-18-2013, 03:29 PM
****ing Ray Lewis..

Jekyll15Hyde
01-18-2013, 04:43 PM
****ing Ray Lewis..

**** that guy.

Captain 'Dre
01-18-2013, 04:55 PM

It's hard to believe that Ed Hochuli wasn't somehow a part of this! :mad:

SonOfLe-loLang
01-18-2013, 04:58 PM
There is nothing to agree or disagree with. If he catches it, the clock runs down...that's a fact. By Suggs interfering he didn't have the opportunity to catch it. That's a fact

I dont recall something like that being called much....if at all. If you can find examples to prove me wrong, ill gladly except it. But wasn't it 3rd and 10+ and that was a dump off that went 4 yards? I just dont call that

vancejohnson82
01-18-2013, 05:22 PM
wow.....just wow

i knew we were getting the raw end a few times but i'm always yelling for penalties and no-calls....watching it over again (sober) this is ridiculous

vancejohnson82
01-18-2013, 05:23 PM
I'm not sober actually

broncocalijohn
01-18-2013, 06:15 PM

DOES...NOT...MATTER! This isn't a 20 yard throw where the ref doesn't throw the flag because it was uncatchable. This ball was catchable and right at Hester but Suggs committed a penalty. There is no reason to say, "I don't agree with it based on it wasn't enough yards for the first down". That isn't the rule. Simply stated that the ball was catchable and a penalty happened. Clock runs and we get the automatic first down. END OF STORY!

KipCorrington25
01-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Ray Lewis would obstruct justice if he knew all this talk was going on.

vancejohnson82
01-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Wat da fuq is 'ubstruct'

LetsGoBroncos
01-18-2013, 08:31 PM
I dont recall something like that being called much....if at all. If you can find examples to prove me wrong, ill gladly except it. But wasn't it 3rd and 10+ and that was a dump off that went 4 yards? I just dont call that

You aren't getting it. A 2 yard catch would have ran 40 seconds off the clock and after Prater misses the FG Baltimore wouldn't have scored the TD. The refs also don't usually call holding on a third and one up the middle but they did

SonOfLe-loLang
01-18-2013, 09:42 PM
You aren't getting it. A 2 yard catch would have ran 40 seconds off the clock and after Prater misses the FG Baltimore wouldn't have scored the TD. The refs also don't usually call holding on a third and one up the middle but they did

<sigh> I'M GETTING IT. I'm just not blaming them for not calling it.

And yes, the 3rd and 1 call was absurd, I agree, but thats apples and oranges in this case.

I understand that the 40 seconds might have made a difference, but this odd possibility isn't reason to call, what i consider, a bull**** penalty at the time. It's sort of like when referee's guesstimate spots on first and second down, but then pull out chains to see if a ball is within an eighth of an inch of the sticks on 4th. There are soooo many other worthy penalties to rightly bitch about. To me, that's not one.

El Guapo
01-18-2013, 10:02 PM
Good lord. I thought I was pretty much over all of this and then I watched that damn video.

I was downing a ton of beer at the bar as the game went on and people were looking at me like I was crazy for going on a tirade on that tripping/non-call PI play on DT. From that point on there was a nice 3 ft radius of empty space around me as I was the "angry fan," but dammit we were ****in' robbed by the refs. I don't even remember some of these from the 4th quarter on, I just know I was in a rotten g.d. mood.

Back to the fridge for another beer.

TomServo
01-19-2013, 01:46 AM
i know it was me and a few other posters that said the replacement refs werent any worse than the regular refs. the regs just moved the game more quickly. i thought it was funny that the "tuck rule" screwed the raiders back then. that same rule shouldve applied to us. Owell .
no wonder i just dont care like i used to.