PDA

View Full Version : Chuggers hire McCoy

Hulamau
01-15-2013, 07:16 AM
Chuggers hire McCoy its official, on my iPhone and can't post the link but its done..

Glad we can get some fresh O blood here too to work under Manning assuming they make the best choice, but have mixed feelings about him going to SD to play us twice a year after working so closely with Manning all year... It'll be okay. Everyone knows what Manning is going to do its stopping him that's the trick... Our D let us down Saturday not Manning and the O so much who scored more than enough to win in spite of difficult circumstances

Bigdawg26
01-15-2013, 07:19 AM
Did you not see the pick Manning throw that resulted in the game winning field goal?? What's with the AFC west taking both of last years coordinators? Swagger jackers!!

Kaylore
01-15-2013, 07:25 AM
They all want to be the Broncos.

ColoradoBuff
01-15-2013, 07:34 AM
addition by subtraction! :)

edog24
01-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Great news!

orangeatheist
01-15-2013, 07:42 AM
From NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000126773/article/mike-mccoy-san-diego-chargers-working-on-deal

"The San Diego Chargers have their guy.

A source briefed on the deal told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport that the San Diego Chargers were in negotiations on Tuesday to make Mike McCoy their next head coach and the successor to Norv Turner."

Smiling Assassin27
01-15-2013, 07:44 AM
The O only scored 21. They gave up 7, so really it's a net of 14. That ain't enough to win, sorry.

OABB
01-15-2013, 07:45 AM
Hahahaha... He is diet norv turner!!! Losers!

Rohirrim
01-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Too bad. McCoy did a great job here. Good news for me would be the Broncos firing Milus. I would wish McCoy all the best, but since it's the Chargers, I hope he fails miserably. Just sitting around listening to Phyllis whine will be punishment enough, I suppose.

peacepipe
01-15-2013, 07:56 AM
Well,SD just made themselves a better team.

ColoradoDarin
01-15-2013, 07:57 AM
McCoy was good at adapting and implementing different schemes to suit personnel, he was not so good at play calling. Which is why he'll be a better HC than OC.

hades
01-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Can't wait to see who all he hires to be his OC and DC. Will he make the offensive calls as the HC, or let the actual OC do his job? Too early IMO to tell if he can turn them around at all, or lead them to 3-4 win season.

boltaneer
01-15-2013, 08:29 AM
I loved the Telesco hire for GM and I think McCoy makes sense in the grand scheme of things. But lets see what happens!

Greatspirits
01-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Ok, now let's bring in Norvy for our O-coordinator!

sgbfan
01-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Who does he take with him from here?

boltaneer
01-15-2013, 08:38 AM
Ok, now let's bring in Norvy for our O-coordinator!

Luckily for you, he's going to Cleveland.

Kaylore
01-15-2013, 08:40 AM
I think McCoy will be a good head coach.

pricejj
01-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Dan Reeves was a better play caller than Mike McCoy.

Mile High Salute
01-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Good for McCoy, but why do these guys always have to go to a division rival?

Anyway, I don't think it will be a big loss. OC is not as important with Manning under center as it was with Tebow. And let's face it, he stunk up the joint on Saturday. So I take a page from John Fox - in his radio interview yesterday he said if McCoy leaves "we'll be better for it." So adios, Mike! :wave: Have fun trying to "fix" Phyllis Rivers!! LOL

R8R H8R
01-15-2013, 09:34 AM
I don't remember McCoy interviewing with the Sparklers. Did this happen Sunday or yesterday when no one was paying attention? I wonder if he was the new GM's 1st choice or just a leftover?

Anyway, good for him, but I wished these guys would go out of the division. However, it is the division rivals that would know the Broncos coaches the best because they have to study us all offseason and twice a season.

Bronco Yoda
01-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Good for him... Good for us. See ya.

Play2win
01-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Remember what McCoy's reaction was when Peyton was interviewing, and asked what McCoy's commitment to the Broncos was...

Play2win
01-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Also...

See ya, and I wouldn't want ta' be ya....

400HZ
01-15-2013, 10:04 AM
I was pulling for Gus Bradley, but you never really know. A lot of lauded coordinators crash as head coaches. I care less about his résumé as a coordinator than I do about his qualities as a leader and ability to develop players. I'm still curious who we end up with as OC and who calls plays.

Mediator12
01-15-2013, 10:12 AM
I loved the Telesco hire for GM and I think McCoy makes sense in the grand scheme of things. But lets see what happens!

I know Telesco and you got a steal. He is going to be a great GM, and he is a really good guy. One of the few associated with Polian who was never a yes man, and he learned a lot of the good things, with out being the arrogant SOB Bill Polian is.

He had a lot to do with Ryan Grigson's success here in INDY and he will be a very good personnel Guy at the very least.

OABB
01-15-2013, 12:12 PM
This is the best news I have had in years. This makes up for the sadness I felt losing to Baltimore.

razorwire77
01-15-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm not really all that upset about McCoy leaving. My guess is he leads the Chuggers to a series of 8-8ish records before getting canned in 2-3 years.

COWheatGrower
01-15-2013, 12:27 PM
This is the best news I have had in years. This makes up for the sadness I felt losing to Baltimore.

Get the **** out of here. It's not that good of news.

OABB
01-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Get the **** out of here. It's not that good of news.

It really is.

here is an analogy...

You have a parasite in your dick.. your enemy goes to kick you in the balls and the parasite leaps onto his foot and exits your peehole.

he dies slowly over the next two years while you bang a supermodel.

Rother8
01-15-2013, 12:40 PM
The Afc West reminds me of a college conference that sucks- like the Big West. Let's say the Big West gets Mississippi State to come and join their conference. They roll through the conference and other teams get pissy. To become competitive, they look to the only competitive team in the conference. They just pay their coaches who are looking to land a head coaching gig, even though it will probably hurt their career by stooping to such a level.

Come to think of it, a very pointless analogy.
TL DR: We pwn the division

oubronco
01-15-2013, 12:47 PM
It really is.

here is an analogy...

You have a parasite in your dick.. your enemy goes to kick you in the balls and the parasite leaps onto his foot and exits your peehole.

WTF LOL

OABB
01-15-2013, 12:52 PM
WTF LOL

Its scientifically possible you know. I saw it on nova. Or was that a dream?

Broncoman13
01-15-2013, 01:07 PM
I just hope McCoy doesn't raid our offensive coaching staff for his own staff. Can't afford to lose our OL coach or RB coach.

Also, I think the Broncos should make a push to get Fred Jackson out of Buffalo. Studesville has experience with him and Fred Jackson could really put this team over the edge. The Bills would have to consider offers b/c they have to get the ball to Spiller more.

razorwire77
01-15-2013, 01:49 PM
I just hope McCoy doesn't raid our offensive coaching staff for his own staff. Can't afford to lose our OL coach or RB coach.

Also, I think the Broncos should make a push to get Fred Jackson out of Buffalo. Studesville has experience with him and Fred Jackson could really put this team over the edge. The Bills would have to consider offers b/c they have to get the ball to Spiller more.

Other than acting with class in the the interim coaching role after the McDaniel's fiasco, what exactly has Studesville done that would make him a huge loss? I'm sure he's a decent positional coach and nice guy, but not a "how do we move forward" type loss.

boltaneer
01-15-2013, 01:55 PM

Mike Klis was just on local talk show here and he thinks Denver will block McCoy from bringing anyone.

Just speculation from a beat reporter but if true, this one must sting. ;)

huh??
01-15-2013, 02:03 PM
It really is.

here is an analogy...

Dude, that analogy hit like a lightning strike.
Well done, sir!!:thumbs:

Captain 'Dre
01-15-2013, 02:52 PM
McCoy was good at adapting and implementing different schemes to suit personnel, he was not so good at play calling. Which is why he'll be a better HC than OC.

So I wonder if the Chargers hire an honest-to-god playing calling OC, or if McCoy can stand to keep his mitts off play calling duties.

I was thinking Whisenhunt could be a good fit in San Diego. I suspect he'll be an OC somewhere, as he's not a hot HC commodity at the moment.

Captain 'Dre
01-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Good for McCoy, but why do these guys always have to go to a division rival?

Yeah, Dennis Allen going to the Raiders really hurt a lot. Hilarious!

And Matt Cassell going to KC instead of here... Bummer, eh? :yayaya:

boltaneer
01-15-2013, 03:07 PM
So I wonder if the Chargers hire an honest-to-god playing calling OC, or if McCoy can stand to keep his mitts off play calling duties.

I was thinking Whisenhunt could be a good fit in San Diego. I suspect he'll be an OC somewhere, as he's not a hot HC commodity at the moment.

McCoy has already said that he will hire an OC that will call plays.

24champ
01-15-2013, 03:15 PM

This team isn't one player away from winning the Super Bowl. It's pretty obvious in that massive cluster**** vs Baltimore that we have at least 4 holes to fill. Fred Jackson is a good idea to share PT with Moreno and have Hillman as the 3rd down back. Other holes that we have are Middle Linebacker, Defensive Line, OL Depth, and also a WR that can stretch the field. I think Stokely is done, and we need someone in Stokely's spot to stretch the field for Manning.

bronco militia
01-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Mike Klis was just on local talk show here and he thinks Denver will block McCoy from bringing anyone.

Mike klis is clueless, so there's that.

And Don't forget to buy his Tim Tebow book!

orange crusher
01-15-2013, 05:08 PM

They also blocked Dennis Allen from raiding the staff. We all saw how much that stung when Dennis Allen moved on. Oh wait.....

KipCorrington25
01-15-2013, 05:40 PM
Not upset about this in the least.