PDA

View Full Version : McCoy

MABroncoFan
01-15-2013, 06:33 AM
Jon Heath ‏@JHeath_DEN
The #Chargers are expected to finalize a deal to make #Broncos OC Mike McCoy their next head coach today, per @JasonLaCanfora.

LRtagger
01-15-2013, 06:37 AM
Peace out biatch

TheReverend
01-15-2013, 06:37 AM
Thank God!

I was so worried Arians would get it. McCoy... whew!

#DodgedABulletThere

Rabb
01-15-2013, 06:39 AM
reading it may be Whisenhunt here now

ColoradoDarin
01-15-2013, 06:40 AM
Thank God!

#DodgedABulletThere

This!

Ray Finkle
01-15-2013, 06:41 AM

I am not sure if I am happy or not about this....

go_broncos
01-15-2013, 06:45 AM
Thank God.........Mccoy is gone...

LRtagger
01-15-2013, 06:51 AM
So who do we hire to replace him?

DBroncos4life
01-15-2013, 06:51 AM
I just hope he doesn't take too much of our staff with him.

mopatt24
01-15-2013, 07:00 AM
Yes. Thay can have him.
I'm surprised they went with McCoy over Arians. That'll come back to bite them.
Bring in Wisenhunt

2KBack
01-15-2013, 07:01 AM
I just hope he doesn't take too much of our staff with him.

I don't think Mccoy takes too much with him that isn't replaceable.

B-Large
01-15-2013, 07:05 AM
Haha, dumping our junk on the Chargers.... That's awesome

Hulamau
01-15-2013, 07:10 AM
As long as we full the spot with a Creative mind who knows when to let Manning win the big games when it comes to crunch time I'm fine with it. Would prefer he had gone to Cardinals rather than having a division opponent that knows the Broncos with Manning so well .. Could make for some tougher Chuggers games next year but they will be in rebuild mode the next couple years anyway...

Dennis Allen was knew our team well and it didn't help the Raiders against us any, but he didn't know both Manning in our O and JDR running our D..

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Jon Heath ‏@JHeath_DEN
The #Chargers are expected to finalize a deal to make #Broncos OC Mike McCoy their next head coach today, per @JasonLaCanfora.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaA-MfGOYtYQJW1JbALsN0pIYiSvkYv02twqbT8NyGZDvinT3Rqw

bronco militia
01-15-2013, 07:12 AM
McCoy informed the Broncos this morning that he is leaving his job as their offensive coordinator to become the new head coach in San Diego, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/15/mike-mccoy-tells-broncos-hes-leaving-to-coach-the-chargers/

Kaylore
01-15-2013, 07:12 AM

I am thrilled that all the people I wanted for OC are being considered. Wisenhunt would be a great hire. And really it doesn't matter because they could put a vegetable at the position and Manning would make him look adequate.

And for those cheering, the conservative aspects of our offense are Fox-related, not McCoy related. And I think he will be a better head coach than OC.

2KBack
01-15-2013, 07:13 AM
As long as we full the spot with a Creative mind who knows when to let Manning win the big games when it comes to crunch time I'm fine with it. Would prefer he had gone to Cardinals rather than having a division opponent that knows the Broncos with Manning so well .. Could make for some tougher Chuggers games next year but they will be in rebuild mode the next couple years anyway...

Dennis Allen was knew our team well and it didn't help the Raiders against us any, but he didn't know both Manning in our O and JDR running our D..

That goes both ways

DBroncos4life
01-15-2013, 07:13 AM
I don't think Mccoy takes too much with him that isn't replaceable.

I agree but I also think some guys that he could take have potential like Gase and Brian Callahan. Also with a guy like Whisenhunt we may have to worry about HC opening interviews in the post season again. That sucks.

socalorado
01-15-2013, 07:15 AM
Thank God!

#DodgedABulletThere

Yes. Yes and yes.

LRtagger
01-15-2013, 07:16 AM
McCoy informed the Broncos this morning that he is leaving his job as their offensive coordinator to become the new head coach in San Diego, ESPNís Adam Schefter reports.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/15/mike-mccoy-tells-broncos-hes-leaving-to-coach-the-chargers/

Wish he would have told us he was leaving last week ^5

go_broncos
01-15-2013, 07:18 AM
So..basically he screwed our team last week as he knows he is going to be a SD head coach.
**** you Mccoy.

Heyneck
01-15-2013, 07:18 AM
Don't like this one bit! I think he gets more flak than deserved. It's not his fault that he has to call plays according to the head coach's philosophy. If he could get something out of Orton and Tebow, he will defenetly get Rivers going again.

Heyneck
01-15-2013, 07:19 AM
So..basically he screwed our team last week as he knows he is going to be a SD head coach.
**** you Mccoy.

Grow up!

bronco militia
01-15-2013, 07:20 AM
mccoy can't take manning so who gives a ****?

Hulamau
01-15-2013, 07:20 AM
That goes both ways

True enough 2KBack ...

Hulamau
01-15-2013, 07:22 AM
**** you Mccoy.

Jesus are you for real?!?

2KBack
01-15-2013, 07:22 AM
I agree but I also think some guys that he could take have potential like Gase and Brian Callahan. Also with a guy like Whisenhunt we may have to worry about HC opening interviews in the post season again. That sucks.

That is pretty annoying, but the bright side is that when you have that problem, it means your team was pretty damn successful that year

Kaylore
01-15-2013, 07:24 AM

go_denethor is go_denthoring

http://maki.page8productions.com/noble.jpg

go_broncos
01-15-2013, 07:30 AM

I am sure that he was looking forward to becoming charger.
I also think Belichick sent Mcd to destroy broncos..
See how he joined NE after he destroyed this Franchise.

Br0nc0Buster
01-15-2013, 07:31 AM
Good, gtfo

Maybe Gase gets promoted now?

go_broncos
01-15-2013, 07:31 AM

Kaylore - Show some frustration on the ones that are destroying this Franchise(Mcd, Mccoy and Fox)

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2013, 07:36 AM
Don't like this one bit! I think he gets more flak than deserved. It's not his fault that he has to call plays according to the head coach's philosophy. If he could get something out of Orton and Tebow, he will defenetly get Rivers going again.

Anything that was 'gotten' out of Kyle was by McDouchels. If you see something positive in Kyle's games under McCoy's gameplanning, please point it out to me in Weeks 1-5 of 2011. That's pretty much the sum total of McCoy's influence with Kyle. And it reeked.

Tebow for all his faults made some of McFox's ground and pound wet dreams possible. But the fact that they still have those dreams even when they've got PFM under center and are reduced to Ronnie Hillman in the backfield.... something's gotta give.

I want an OC with the credibility to talk this stuff over with PM and together they can give Foxy the what-for if need be. Foxy doesn't have the offensive resume to restrain a top 5 GOAT who's maybe the greatest offensive mind ever to play. If he can't adjust to that kind of talent on his roster, he's really nothing more than Reeves II.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-15-2013, 07:45 AM
Anything that was 'gotten' out of Kyle was by McDouchels. If you see something positive in Kyle's games under McCoy's gameplanning, please point it out to me in Weeks 1-5 of 2011. That's pretty much the sum total of McCoy's influence with Kyle. And it reeked.

Tebow QBR 29.9 with a rating of 72.9 in 2011. Orton QBR 49.8 with a rating of 75.7 in 2011.

Must suck when your boy sucks against sucky players.

pricejj
01-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Laters loser, can't say I'll miss ya. Thank god the McDaniels running game is officially gone.

1. McCoy didn't do crap in the McDaniels era, except learn how to be an OC from one of the worst head coaches in NFL history.
2. McCoy was the primary person in favor of extending the Orton Era after the Fox hire.
3. He unwillingly shifted to a makeshift Tebow Offense that only utlized go routes, and no use of the TE.
4. He began 2012 by saying that the 2-back set was going to be a major component of our offense (2-back sets were used ~1% of the time).
5. McCoy displayed ZERO Offensive creativity after having 2 weeks to prepare for Baltimore.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-15-2013, 07:56 AM
Whoever comes in will either be a conservative or will adapt to one. In the end its Fox handprints

MABroncoFan
01-15-2013, 08:10 AM
@UTKevinAcee: Been told Chargers likely wouldn't have interviewed McCoy had Broncos not lost.

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Tebow QBR 29.9 with a rating of 72.9 in 2011. Orton QBR 49.8 with a rating of 75.7 in 2011.

Must suck when your boy sucks against sucky players.

It's awesome when you highlight the awesomeness of a 6 year vet by pointing out that he had higher QB rating by 2.8 points when compared to "the worst quarterback in the league" in his first 14 career starts. Oh and also by selectively ignoring playoff numbers again, which you turn on and off like a spigot when it suits you. Oh and by paying zero attention to Tebow's additional rushing numbers. Kyle says "what are those?"

How you can still mumble that Tebow was the worst ever with that OrtWang poking around in your mouth is amazing. I mean it. Never gets old. LOL

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2013, 08:13 AM
@UTKevinAcee: Been told Chargers likely wouldn't have interviewed McCoy had Broncos not lost.

See, there is always a silver lining.

Hulamau
01-15-2013, 01:54 PM
I am sure that he was looking forward to becoming charger.
I also think Belichick sent Mcd to destroy broncos..
See how he joined NE after he destroyed this Franchise.

And I am now sure you are a conspiracy nut run amok! :giggle:

Hulamau
01-15-2013, 01:55 PM

^5

broncocalijohn
01-15-2013, 02:01 PM

Very true. QB coach moves up and someone now needs to be the OC. If it doesn't happen in house, they could be on the move. I wish I can give McCoy all the best in the world but b**** went to the AFC West. May your failures be as strong as Allens.

Chargers will like the hire and think they got one over on us. Those fans have to remember that they are still the Chargers with no receivers at the moment and Rivers has been way sub par the last 2 seasons.

Action
01-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Congrats to McCoy.

I've never seen such a spoiled fan base complain about a legitimate OC that we've had. We won a playoff game with Tebow for **** sake. People on here talk as if he's one of the worst OC's in the league.

However, I don't hope he does well or anything... kind of interested to see how he will run his offense. That will "reveal" more about John Fox...

Action
01-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Laters loser, can't say I'll miss ya. Thank god the McDaniels running game is officially gone.

Yeah, thank GOD that McDaniels running game is gone. You know, the one that was 7th in the league this year and the one that put 122 yards on 5.4 YPC on Houston, a top rushing defense in the league. Thank God for that right?

(How can you **** heads blame McDaniels for our running game this year? We ran out of like 3 formations, that's not a McDaniels running game, that's PEYTON's running game)

1. McCoy didn't do crap in the McDaniels era, except learn how to be an OC from one of the best Offensive Coordinators in NFL history.

Fixed

2. McCoy was the primary person in favor of extending the Orton Era after the Fox hire.

Were you in the locker room and offices or something? And, yeah who knew Tebow's watered down offense would work so well. I'm mean Tebow can't beat out Mark Sanchez...I'm pretty sure he couldn't beat out Orton.

3. He unwillingly shifted to a makeshift Tebow Offense that only utlized go routes, and no use of the TE.

He did use the TE actually. The TE's caught many clutch passes in late game situations that led to come backs/scores. Like the 40 yard pass to Fells in the Pittsburgh playoff game that was designed based of a play they showed time and time again in the season, but the tweaked it because they knew Polamolu would bite. Watch some football son, learn something.

Yes, he primarily used Go Routes because of how dumbed down that offense was...along with the fact that our WR's weren't the best route runners and Tebow isn't exactly an all world slinger.

4. He began 2012 by saying that the 2-back set was going to be a major component of our offense (2-back sets were used ~1% of the time).

No idea about this...not sure where he said it but you sound like a b****.

[crying voice] OMG You told me you were going to do this...you lied to me![/crying voice]

5. McCoy displayed ZERO Offensive creativity after having 2 weeks to prepare for Baltimore.

Peyton's offenses have never been about creativity. But yeah, let's just blame people we hate, and ignore the truth when it has to do with people we like. That's the Denver Broncos fan mantra.

However, I guess Knowshon Moreno split out right running a stop and go route for a touchdown and throwing a pass that splits ed reed and the LB shows "no creativity."

Watch some other teams play football, maybe you'll learn something.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-15-2013, 02:31 PM
I have to say, this forum really makes me laugh at times. Much better than Broncomania. Wish the draft forum was a little busier though.

Ratboy
01-15-2013, 02:34 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOT!

Goodbye idiot!

Lestat
01-15-2013, 02:47 PM
for the love of God, 3/4 of the AFC west has ties to the Broncos.

pricejj
01-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Yeah, thank GOD that McDaniels running game is gone. You know, the one that was 7th in the league this year and the one that put 122 yards on 5.4 YPC on Houston, a top rushing defense in the league. Thank God for that right?

**** McDaniels. And **** McCoy. So much for his vaunted 2-back set. Thank god we had Chris Gronkowski right?

Yeah, thank GOD that McDaniels running game is (How can you **** heads blame McDaniels for our running game this year? We ran out of like 3 formations, that's not a McDaniels running game, that's PEYTON's running game)

What we ran this year was the bastardized son of McDaniels "vaunted" running game, which Manning tried to make work with the Manning Offense. Hopefully we see Tom Moore here, so you can get an accurate version sh*thead. Shouldn't you be on a Patriots board?

Were you in the locker room and offices or something? And, yeah who knew Tebow's watered down offense would work so well. I'm mean Tebow can't beat out Mark Sanchez...I'm pretty sure he couldn't beat out Orton.

I watched all the press conferences where McCoy squirmingly fronted for Orton, even while he went 7-26 over two seasons. Tebow succeeded in spite of gay ass McCoy. Manning succeeded without McCoy, and will continue to do so.

He did use the TE actually. The TE's caught many clutch passes in late game situations that led to come backs/scores. Like the 40 yard pass to Fells in the Pittsburgh playoff game that was designed based of a play they showed time and time again in the season, but the tweaked it because they knew Polamolu would bite. Watch some football son, learn something.

Guess what toolshed? There were 16 completions to TE's in Tebow's 13 starts in 2011. You remember Fells reception in the playoffs, because it was one of the only passes to a TE the entire season.

Yes, he primarily used Go Routes because of how dumbed down that offense was...along with the fact that our WR's weren't the best route runners and Tebow isn't exactly an all world slinger.

Yeah, McCoy ONLY used go routes, because he's a dumbass.

Peyton's offenses have never been about creativity. But yeah, let's just blame people we hate, and ignore the truth when it has to do with people we like. That's the Denver Broncos fan mantra.

Good luck bashing on Broncos fans in a Broncos fan forum bozo.

However, I guess Knowshon Moreno split out right running a stop and go route for a touchdown and throwing a pass that splits ed reed and the LB shows "no creativity."

That's part of the Manning Offense, and has nothing to do with McCoy. Joseph Addai ring any bells moron? Go watch some old Colts highlights, and you'll see it repeatedly. It was a pretty significant component of their Offense, it's a shame Manning was only able to use it for one play this year.

Kaylore
01-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Kaylore - Show some frustration on the ones that are destroying this Franchise(Mcd, Mccoy and Fox)

Yeah they sure destroyed this franchise when they took a 4-12 team and won the division two years in a row.

This is unforgiveable. Let's pour oil on each other and light ourselves on fire in protest!

spiralism
01-15-2013, 03:43 PM

1. McCoy didn't do crap in the McDaniels era, except learn how to be an OC from one of the worst head coaches in NFL history.

There's a grantland article on our offence being essentially identical to the Manning/Moore offence in Indy - Belichick was quoted on it as describing the two as "essentially identical". It noted that we tried different things in the first five weeks such as the 2 back sets etc and binned them after the bye. So i don't give credit to him for basically copy/pasting the Indy playbook.

broncocalijohn
01-15-2013, 03:46 PM
"San Diego has a great and long tradition franchise...San diego has a great fanbase..."
Mike McCoy, biggest liar since Raider Bill came in and told us Oakland will have a Top 5 offense.
Nice press conference Michael.

R8R H8R
01-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Yeah they sure destroyed this franchise when they took a 4-12 team and won the division two years in a row.

This is unforgiveable. Let's pour oil on each other and light ourselves on fire in protest!

OK, but go_dip**** goes first!

TheReverend
01-15-2013, 04:07 PM

This is unforgiveable. Let's pour oil on each other and...

...thought that was going in a different direction...

Ratboy
01-15-2013, 04:28 PM
If we can reel in Ken Whisenhunt, what a blessing it would be. This would be very much like Jack Del Rio hiring.

Let's hope Eagles pass on him!

Kaylore
01-15-2013, 04:44 PM
...thought that was going in a different direction...

/the Rev sadly put his lube away...

Lestat
01-15-2013, 05:03 PM
If we can reel in Ken Whisenhunt, what a blessing it would be. This would be very much like Jack Del Rio hiring.

i would pay to be in the room when Manning and Wisenhunt would be devising schemes and breaking down film.

maher_tyler
01-15-2013, 05:45 PM

Wasn't he the OC in Pitt when the won the SB back in the 05-06 season??

Al Wilson
01-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Thank god this moron is gone. I'm so happy that he is gone for real. Not just because of him being a conservative play caller, but also because of his lack of imagination and creativity as a playcaller and gameplanner. I swear I got so sick of watching the same run plays up the middle year after year. It's like every game was the same game plan. Bring in someone who is creative and aggresive as a playcaller, and let Manning run the show. We left a lot of points on the table this season in my opinion !

Action
01-15-2013, 06:16 PM
**** McDaniels. And **** McCoy. So much for his vaunted 2-back set. Thank god we had Chris Gronkowski right?

His vaunted 2-back set? Are you just making **** up now? You're blaming McCoy for Chris Gronkowski? I didn't know he was GM and HC. If they're not running 2-back sets the whole season, you should look at Fox and Elway.

What we ran this year was the bastardized son of McDaniels "vaunted" running game, which Manning tried to make work with the Manning Offense. Hopefully we see Tom Moore here, so you can get an accurate version sh*thead. Shouldn't you be on a Patriots board?

So is this what fans like you do? Make up bull**** to paint a fantasy picture?

McDaniels has nothing to do with our running game. Apparently you weren't around when John Fox was hired and he said he'd bring the "most complex running game in the league" to this team. McDaniels running game doesn't involve running out of 3 different formations. Manning is all about running the same few plays time and time again. Like in Indy... pretty much the only running play they had was a stretch running play.

Keep thinking about McDaniels tho, he is your God/Devil. He owns your soul in some way.

Tebow succeeded in spite of gay ass McCoy.

Great analysis there.

Yeah, McCoy ONLY used go routes, because he's a dumbass.

Informative.

I don't know why I didn't think of this at first...but are you female? Your posts would make much more sense if that were the case. I truly hope you are for your own sake.

Action
01-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Thank god this moron is gone. I'm so happy that he is gone for real. Not just because of him being a conservative play caller, but also because of his lack of imagination and creativity as a playcaller and gameplanner. I swear I got so sick of watching the same run plays up the middle year after year. It's like every game was the same game plan. Bring in someone who is creative and aggresive as a playcaller, and let Manning run the show. We left a lot of points on the table this season in my opinion !

Yes, screw McCoy for ranking 4th in yards and 2nd in the league in points.

Vine
01-15-2013, 06:28 PM
This is about as great news as a John Fox firing as you can possibly get. Not only it rids of the bland stink of McCoy, but it sets back our division rival minimum 3 years! Absolutely ****ing awesome!

Al Wilson
01-15-2013, 06:38 PM
If you want to argue then raise some good and accurate points. I've watched every game since McCoy came into this organization. He lacks imagination and creativity, and is conservative as a playcaller. He lacks design and run game play calling as well. Most of his run plays on first down is running back draw up the middle. I hardly ever saw running back screens. And before Peyton Manning came he never had wide recievers run cross patterns. Ranking 4th in yards and 2nd in scoring is to be expected when you have Peyton Manning as your quarterback. Our defense and special teams scored a lot of points as well. As an offense, there was a lot of points left on the table. I'm excited he is gone.

TheReverend
01-15-2013, 07:06 PM
/the Rev sadly put his lube away...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0oKWN7KLHHg-sGfEM0xJVf7uvfykqrBn0wdrJjTIOUWaqOC1e0Q

pricejj
01-15-2013, 07:32 PM
His vaunted 2-back set? Are you just making **** up now? You're blaming McCoy for Chris Gronkowski? I didn't know he was GM and HC. If they're not running 2-back sets the whole season, you should look at Fox and Elway.

Your post makes little sense. At the start of the year McCoy said he'd be running a lot of 2-back sets. Obviously that didn't happen...yet you still think he had such a big positive impact on this team? It was time for him to move on, and I'm glad he's gone. He's a Charger, and I will always root for him to lose.

McDaniels has nothing to do with our running game. Apparently you weren't around when John Fox was hired and he said he'd bring the "most complex running game in the league" to this team. McDaniels running game doesn't involve running out of 3 different formations. Manning is all about running the same few plays time and time again. Like in Indy... pretty much the only running play they had was a stretch running play.

...except that they still employed the same blocking scheme and terminology as McCoy's Offense...which was a descendant of McDaniel's Offense. Tom Moore's zone-blocking scheme is more effective...especially out of a single-back set.

Back to your favorite team, the Patriots. It's kind of easy to be 7th in the NFL in rushing when your 2nd in attempts. I would expect a top 5 ranking. However, I do think the hurry-up run game (via Chip Kelly) is nice, though that's Bellicheat's doing...not McD.

Got anymore infantile insults? Hope you have a kerchief to cry into now that McCoy is gone.

pricejj
01-15-2013, 07:50 PM

Under Offensive Coordinator McCoy, the Broncos had ranked in the bottom third of the leauge in scoring, then Peyton Manning (the best OC in football) came riding into town...

2009: 20th ppg
2010: 19th ppg
2011: 25th ppg
2012: 2nd ppg

The best part about it? McCoy's gone!

boltaneer
01-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Under Offensive Coordinator McCoy, the Broncos had ranked in the bottom third of the leauge in scoring, then Peyton Manning (the best OC in football) came riding into town...

Just a guess but Manning >>>>>>>>> Orton >>>>>>>>> Tebow

broncobum6162
01-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Hell Yea! San Diego just took out our trash! I was so scared we were stuck w/ him another year after that awesome game on Saturday...

Xenos
01-15-2013, 09:54 PM
Well at least he had a classy exit:
"Before I forget I would just like to thank the Denver Broncos organization, John Elway, John Fox, Mr. Bowlen, for the opportunity they gave me the last four years before I came here. I forgot to mention them earlier.Ē

Ratboy
01-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Just a guess but Manning >>>>>>>>> Orton >>>>>>>>> Tebow

Enjoy McCoy.

Going to love sweeping the Division, again.

Wes Mantooth
01-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Glad we only have one OC now.

Armchair Bronco
01-16-2013, 01:06 AM
Thank the Lord. One half of dumb and dumber is gone.

Action
01-16-2013, 02:56 AM

Seriously? You're going to list the 2009 and 2010 season as if McCoy had any control over the offense? Are you really that desperate?

Action
01-16-2013, 03:02 AM
Your post makes little sense. At the start of the year McCoy said he'd be running a lot of 2-back sets. Obviously that didn't happen...yet you still think he had such a big positive impact on this team? It was time for him to move on, and I'm glad he's gone. He's a Charger, and I will always root for him to lose.

I'm not sure why you're so stuck on this 2 back thing. He said he'd do it, and he ended up not doing it...probably has to do with many hours of discussion with Fox and Manning. You sound like a little b*tch that keeps on whining about something so pointless. This really has little to no meaning to the bigger picture. I mean people say **** all the time and don't "do it."

...except that they still employed the same blocking scheme and terminology as McCoy's Offense...which was a descendant of McDaniel's Offense. Tom Moore's zone-blocking scheme is more effective...especially out of a single-back set.

Same blocking scheme? Same terminology? You do realize they ran the same terminology back in Carolina right? When Fox and McCoy was there?

Back to your favorite team, the Patriots. It's kind of easy to be 7th in the NFL in rushing when your 2nd in attempts. I would expect a top 5 ranking. However, I do think the hurry-up run game (via Chip Kelly) is nice, though that's Bellicheat's doing...not McD.

Yeah, considering they were 2nd in rushing attempts and yet they were still the #1 offense in the league is even MORE impressive. Being 2nd in attempts shows commitment...and averaging 4.2 is right in the middle of the league.

You're right, it's ONLY Belichick's doing...has nothing to do with McDaniels working on incorporating it into the offense. Hilarious!

Got anymore infantile insults? Hope you have a kerchief to cry into now that McCoy is gone.

There is really few insults you can throw at a walking retard.

OABB
01-16-2013, 07:40 AM
Seriously? You're going to list the 2009 and 2010 season as if McCoy had any control over the offense? Are you really that desperate?

Congrats on your dad getting the San Diego head coaching job.

pricejj
01-16-2013, 07:48 AM

Heres a two part question:

A. We've already established that McCoy did not have control of the Offense in 2009, 2010, and 2012. The Offense ranked at the bottom of the league in scoring in 2011, before he was forced to switch QB's, because his choice at starter (Orton), is an NFL backup. Why would you cause such a stink that he's gone?
B. No one has ever accused you of being the sharpest crayon in the box have they?

Guess Who
01-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Thank God!

#DodgedABulletThere

Dodge a bullet there huh Rev?

TheReverend
01-05-2014, 05:16 PM
Dodge a bullet there huh Rev?

...I assume you don't realize Arian's team did better?

...with Carson Palmer.

Guess Who
01-05-2014, 05:42 PM

...with Carson Palmer.

Ah, yes but the Chargers did make the playoffs and won a playoff game so I don't think you can say Arians did better just because they won one more regular season game.!!

Anyway, I didn't even really read your post I was just looking to bump a thread!!!:strong::strong::strong::strong:

I do agree, Carson Palmer is horrible. I did not watch one Zona game this year so I just assume they did all of it on defense.

Kaylore
01-05-2014, 06:04 PM

...with Carson Palmer.

Arians is the better coach, but they are both excellent. McCoy has that team playing way over their heads.

Boltjolt
01-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Ah, yes but the Chargers did make the playoffs and won a playoff game so I don't think you can say Arians did better just because they won one more regular season game.!!

Anyway, I didn't even really read your post I was just looking to bump a thread!!!:strong::strong::strong::strong:

I do agree, Carson Palmer is horrible. I did not watch one Zona game this year so I just assume they did all of it on defense.

Well their defense is a hell of a lot better than ours.

Guess Who
01-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Well their defense is a hell of a lot better than ours.

Better yes, but S.D. defense is not bad. I think their main problem is that they do not NORMALLY force turnovers. They got a bunch against the Bengals and they will need to be positive in the turnover area if they plan on beating Denver as well.

boltaneer
01-05-2014, 07:48 PM
The Chargers defense has been playing significantly better in the last month or so but it's still a defense I don't have a lot of confidence in. Having Melvin Ingram back makes a huge difference though. He was the player of the game on defense for me today.

With the way the Chargers ball control on offense, they don't need to be an elite defense or anything though. They just need to eliminate the big play, tackle soundly and play good red zone defense. Whether that defense shows up every week is a question mark though.

Peoples Champ
01-05-2014, 08:43 PM
The Chargers defense has been playing significantly better in the last month or so but it's still a defense I don't have a lot of confidence in. Having Melvin Ingram back makes a huge difference though. He was the player of the game on defense for me today.

With the way the Chargers ball control on offense, they don't need to be an elite defense or anything though. They just need to eliminate the big play, tackle soundly and play good red zone defense. Whether that defense shows up every week is a question mark though.

plus the Chargers D knows all the broncos secrets, tricks, and tenancies since Mccoy coached Denver last year.

DenverBound
01-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Congrats on your dad getting the San Diego head coaching job.

:rofl: