PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, Elway?

Vine
01-14-2013, 10:28 PM
Just saw on 9News sports. Elway stood by his coach's decision to kneel to go to overtime.

I think I just lost all respect for Elway.

We have a ***tard for HC. Now it is known we have a ***tard for GM.

OABB
01-14-2013, 10:30 PM
You make me sad to be a human.

theAPAOps5
01-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Edited

While I don't agree with Vines threads what so ever in the past day, I do appreciate the way he politely asked me to refrain from being a dick. Therefore I am editing this original post.

OABB
01-14-2013, 10:36 PM
I wonder how vine feels about that 3rd and 7 run?

DBroncos4life
01-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Oh look the stupid **** with another stupid **** thread.

Hilarious! Dear diary, today John Elway mad me so mad. I can't believe he likes John Fox more then me.

Vine
01-14-2013, 10:39 PM
While I get attacked, just so you all know, we are stuck with a coach who will NEVER win a Super Bowl, and is backed by his GM. So damn frustrating and depressing.

I really expected more out of Elway. King of heroic comebacks himself, with a qb, whom is capable of his own heroic comebacks. Elway backs his coach's decision to kneel, with Peyton Manning, with 2 timeouts in a tie game to try to avoid overtime. Just cannot fuggin believe it.

Taco John
01-14-2013, 10:39 PM
What in the world would you expect him to say to the media? Don't be an idiot. Elway isn't going to publicly second guess his staff.

TDmvp
01-14-2013, 10:40 PM
You make me sad to be a human.

Don't be , I'm not sure Vine is one. Hilarious!

OABB
01-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Vine threads are the tapeworm of the mane.

Vine
01-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Maybe your right Taco. But I hope he gives him an ultimatum behind closed doors.

Bronco Yoda
01-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Just saw on 9News sports. Elway stood by his coach's decision to kneel to go to overtime.

I don't like fox's calls either but Elway has to stand by his coach whether he personally agrees with it or not.

theAPAOps5
01-14-2013, 10:44 PM
While I get attacked, just so you all know, we are stuck with a coach who will NEVER win a Super Bowl, and is backed by his GM. So damn frustrating and depressing.

I really expected more out of Elway. King of heroic comebacks himself, with a qb, whom is capable of his own heroic comebacks. Elway backs his coach's decision to kneel, with Peyton Manning, with 2 timeouts in a tie game to try to avoid overtime. Just cannot fuggin believe it.

Edited

See my first post for reasoning.

Taco John
01-14-2013, 10:44 PM
Maybe your right Taco. But I hope he gives him an ultimatum behind closed doors.

John Elway isn't going to give an ultimatum. John Elway is going to get to work. The ultimatum is already there: this team expects to win a Superbowl. If you don't think John Elway takes this loss personal, then you don't know John Elway. You think he's happy about this?

Meck77
01-14-2013, 10:45 PM

It was roughly zero degrees at the end of the 4th quarter. Several of our players were hardly even able to gather themselves to the line of scrimmage.

Loss of respect for Elway. That's swell. I'll add you to the hundreds of thousands of Broncos fans who said that about Elway in Denver in the 80's. It was a common theme then.

Vine
01-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Stupid **** posting another stupid **** thread. You stupid ****.

I agree with a lot of your opinions regarding the Broncos. I would expect more of a honest reply than two of these unprovoked attacks on page 1 of this thread.

OABB
01-14-2013, 10:47 PM
I think elway is almost as mad as he was when tebow won a playoff game.

DBroncos4life
01-14-2013, 10:48 PM
I agree with a lot of your opinions regarding the Broncos. I would expect more of a honest reply than two of these unprovoked attacks on page 1 of this thread.
He posts worth while **** while you post ****ing stupid rants that piss everyone off. How you think any of this is unprovoked is beyond me.

Cito Pelon
01-14-2013, 10:49 PM
Oh look the stupid **** with another stupid **** thread.

If someone wants to criticize Elway, that's his right. No reason for you to try to bully the guy out just because you don't like it.

Vine
01-14-2013, 10:49 PM
John Elway isn't going to give an ultimatum. John Elway is going to get to work. The ultimatum is already there: this team expects to win a Superbowl. If you don't think John Elway takes this loss personal, then you don't know John Elway. You think he's happy about this?

I didn't know I insinuated that Elway is by any means happy. Other than happy who his coach is. I didn't see any tiny sliver of disappointment in how Fox handled that game. Elway seemed to back his coach 100% in all aspects of his coaching. I thought Fox should have been Schottenheimered after the game. I still think Fox should be Schottenheimered.

Bronco Yoda
01-14-2013, 10:50 PM
That was coaching though Meck. You play 60 min. You prepare for all contingencies until the whistle blows. Situational football. mental toughness. We were caught with our pants down.

theAPAOps5
01-14-2013, 10:52 PM

I am still angry, I will be rational in another month. Until then, I will refrain from posting in your threads. Deal?

Being serious too!

errand
01-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Can anyone recall one solitary post by Vine that wasn't bitching about this team?

Cito Pelon
01-14-2013, 10:53 PM
He posts worth while **** while you post ****ing stupid rants that piss everyone off. How you think any of this is unprovoked is beyond me.

I've noticed you also try to bully people off the board that you don't agree with. It's getting tiresome.

theAPAOps5
01-14-2013, 10:54 PM
If someone wants to criticize Elway, that's his right. No reason for you to try to bully the guy out just because you don't like it.

Thanks board police....... Uhh

DBroncos4life
01-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Can anyone recall one solitary post by Vine that wasn't b****ing about this team?

It's the same on any board too. His name was sportvine on other boards, he isn't very liked.

OABB
01-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Can anyone recall one solitary post by Vine that wasn't b****ing about this team?

No. and bitching is putting it lightly. He reminds me of the hysterical chick in the movie airplane that everyone lined up to slap.

DBroncos4life
01-14-2013, 10:56 PM
I've noticed you also try to bully people off the board that you don't agree with. It's getting tiresome.

Don't care. :wave:

ZachKC
01-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Adam Schefter
‏@AdamSchefter
Sources are indicating OrangeMane poster "Vine" has lost respect for John Elway. The Broncos organization has yet to comment on this situation. Developing #nfl

6:20 PM - 14 Jan 13

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

theAPAOps5
01-14-2013, 10:58 PM

As you were polite and respectful in approaching me, I felt it only fair to edit my posts. I don't agree with you and don't think your posts the past few days are at all logical. But I will handle myself better.

Too easy to get caught up and angry! Better to be nice and and polite when I say your threads are absolutely insane! :)

OABB
01-14-2013, 11:00 PM
Adam Schefter
‏@AdamSchefter
Sources are indicating OrangeMane poster "Vine" has lost respect for John Elway. The Broncos organization has yet to comment on this situation. Developing #nfl

[url]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/url]

Win.

DBroncos4life
01-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Adam Schefter
‏@AdamSchefter

Hilarious!

Vine
01-14-2013, 11:10 PM
It's the same on any board too. His name was sportvine on other boards, he isn't very liked.

Neither are you.

Vine
01-14-2013, 11:15 PM
As you were polite and respectful in approaching me, I felt it only fair to edit my posts. I don't agree with you and don't think your posts the past few days are at all logical. But I will handle myself better.

Too easy to get caught up and angry! Better to be nice and and polite when I say your threads are absolutely insane! :)

How can anyone's posts be logical when your favorite team is stuck with a stubborn coach who fails miserably to maximize his team's chances of winning and is backed (at least publicly) by his boss?

ZachKC
01-14-2013, 11:35 PM
How can anyone's posts be logical when your favorite team is stuck with a stubborn coach who fails miserably to maximize his team's chances of winning and is backed (at least publicly) by his boss?

By being an adult.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-14-2013, 11:35 PM
I dont understand why fox's conservatism is necessarily a reason he will NEVER win a super bowl. We should have won this game despite it, and if Rahim Moore's fluke doesnt happen, maybe even because of it and i'd like our chances against anyone.

We have a super bowl caliber team. I truly believe that. Can we get better? Sure. of course. But there's a lot of talent on the roster.

MacGruder
01-14-2013, 11:40 PM
I dont understand why fox's conservatism is necessarily a reason he will NEVER win a super bowl. We should have won this game despite it, and if Rahim Moore's fluke doesnt happen, maybe even because of it and i'd like our chances against anyone.

We have a super bowl caliber team. I truly believe that. Can we get better? Sure. of course. But there's a lot of talent on the roster.

What you have to realize though is the bigger the game the worse it gets with Fox. This is why I went nuts in the Pats game. When Fox realized after they beat the Steelers that they actually had a chance he lost his mind and went so completely conservative against the Pats it was unbelievable. He gift wrapped that game for Belichick. And then just like now the QB got the blame.

Vine
01-14-2013, 11:43 PM

The Broncos should have won that game yes. Then we would have had John Fox coaching versus Bill Belichick. LOL. That is about as mismatched a coaching matchup I can possibly imagine.

Ratboy
01-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Adam Schefter
‏@AdamSchefter

Got em'

Al Wilson
01-15-2013, 12:07 AM
What in the world would you expect him to say to the media? Don't be an idiot. Elway isn't going to publicly second guess his staff.
This.

I've already mentioned the same thing in the other 3rd and 7 topic. Elway for sure had his things to say and criticize the staff and John Fox's calls in this game. For sure he isn't going to say that **** in public and throw his staff under the bus.

MacGruder
01-15-2013, 12:49 AM
Elway isn't going to publicly question people HE hired. This may be the biggest problem with guys like Jordan and Elway.. their ego prevents them from being accountable for their mistakes and they don't have the talent they did in their sport to save them.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-15-2013, 01:15 AM
The Broncos should have won that game yes. Then we would have had John Fox coaching versus Bill Belichick. LOL. That is about as mismatched a coaching matchup I can possibly imagine.

Right because belichick and fox would have played madden instead of an actual game. Gtfo

Durango
01-15-2013, 02:01 AM

Elway had to feel every bit of the weight of this loss, probably with flashbacks to that 96 (season) catastrophe vs. Jacksonville.

If anything, Elway will work just that much harder to make as certain as he can be that 2013 looks very much like 1997.

Punisher
01-15-2013, 04:36 AM
That game had bad decisions all over. It was like Bane broke my back and put me in a cave and made me watch.

Punisher
01-15-2013, 04:57 AM
That game had bad decisions all over. It was like Bane broke my back and put me in a cave and made me watch.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5pBUcXmyRGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bowtown
01-15-2013, 06:44 AM
Elway isn't going to publicly question people HE hired. This may be the biggest problem with guys like Jordan and Elway.. their ego prevents them from being accountable for their mistakes and they don't have the talent they did in their sport to save them.

Shouldn't you be looking for property in Canada?

jmz313
01-15-2013, 06:59 AM
John Elway didn't attend the Jerry Jones school of Football Operations....

Its a good thing.

gunns
01-15-2013, 07:02 AM

Thank you. Damn Vine, it was one game. Albeit the most important game but damn what a season. Some of us have become spoiled, thinking we are owed perfection. After winning 11 games in a row I guess we were never supposed to lose again or we are crap. Where were we two years ago? Be thankful. I'm sure that no one feels worse about that game than that entire team.

2KBack
01-15-2013, 07:02 AM

Actually that match-up happened. Fox let his QB air it out to the tune of 320+ yards and 3 TDs, including the game tying touchdown with less than 2 minutes remaining in the game. Unfortunately the other side had Tom Brady and got them in position for the game winning FG....again.

So I suppose Belichick w/Tom Brady at QB was about 3 points better than Fox w/Jake Delhomme. There's no way having Peyton Manning is worth an additional 3 points though. I see your point.

WolfpackGuy
01-15-2013, 07:04 AM
Actually that match-up happened. Fox let his QB air it out to the tune of 320+ yards and 3 TDs, including the game tying touchdown with less than 2 minutes remaining in the game. Unfortunately the other side had Tom Brady and got them in position for the game winning FG....again.

So I suppose Belichick w/Tom Brady at QB was about 3 points better than Fox w/Jake Delhomme. There's no way having Peyton Manning is worth an additional 3 points though. I see your point.

John Kasay helped a lot with that by flubbing the ensuing kickoff out of bounds.

gunns
01-15-2013, 07:10 AM

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g312/Inuyasha_demon_form/facepalm.jpg

crawdad
01-15-2013, 07:54 AM
I think elway is almost as mad as he was when tebow won a playoff game.

Keep sucking on Tebow. It is what you do well!

go_broncos
01-15-2013, 07:56 AM
It's tough to win playoff games when you keep playing conservative.
That being said, I believe what Elway did is correct.
You never criticize openly against your own coach.
It will be foolish to expect it from him.

B-Large
01-15-2013, 08:07 AM

You lost respect for Elway, in totality, for one call in a football game???

Good lord man, you're been a total Queen here....

ScottXray
01-15-2013, 08:49 AM

This. Elway gave Tebow a vote of confidence after last season and then got Manning. If Manning had not been available he would have gotten someone else either FA or Draft anyway. He doesn't manage in the press. I'm sure he knows that was just dumb, conservative BS and has told Fox so.

He brought Manning in to win the super bowl. Although we had a chance this year it wasn't expected. He'll bring in the final pieces now, and it will be expected this next season. The same kind of play calling will get Fox fired next year.

MplsBronco
01-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Its one thing to criticize horrible decision manking and another to support it. There is middle ground and what I heard was Elway supporting it. Shocking considering the type of player he was.

The message should have been that the coaching could have been better. Lessons were learned. Instead we got stubborn headed defensiveness of doing the same thing 10 out of 10 times. Terrific.

I said when we signed Manning, the pressure is on Elway. IMO, the pressure just ratcheted up. You people realize that Mannings skills will continue to dimish, right? He aint gonna get better at this point. After this game, I feel now more than ever that this whole thing is going to end very badly for the Broncos and will resonate for years.

CEH
01-15-2013, 03:38 PM

McCoy just said in his SD press conference the same thing. The message coming out of Dove Valley is consistent though not sure Mike agreed with Fox
but he was careful not to throw his old coach under the bus

StugotsIII
01-15-2013, 03:45 PM

Dude, get over it. The game wasn't lost based on that call.

If Moore takes the right angle he at least easily knocks the ball way...and the game in hand.

People need to stop blaming Fox and Elway for this loss. The fact is Denver couldn't get pressure on Flacco and he hit 3 bombs thanks to busted covererage.

bronco militia
01-15-2013, 03:46 PM
[John Fox walks into a local Denver car dealership]

JOHN FOX: I would like to buy a car.

SALESMAN: Great! What kind of price range are we looking at here?

JOHN FOX: I make $3.5 million dollars per year.

SALESMAN: [with dollar signs in his eyes] Well, Hello Dolly. That’s a nice chunk of change. Luckily we have a few great options for an upscale individual like yourself.

JOHN FOX: Perfect. All I ask is that it’s safe.

SALESMAN: Can do. First up we have the latest in our SUV line. This puppy’s got it all. Power seats, power doors, an engine strong enough to pull up the Titanic, and, on the inside, the luxury and comfort of a limousi-

JOHN FOX: I heard SUV’s roll over a lot.

SALESMAN: Well, that’s less of an issue than it used to be. I mean, you don’t want to take any corners like Tony Stewart or anything, but under normal conditions this is perfectly saf-

JOHN FOX: Pass. Next.

SALESMAN: O…Okay. Next up — and you are gonna LOVE this, I assure you — we have our top-of-the-line luxury sedan. Four doors, plenty of leg-room, strong, durable body. Perfect for a man on the go who wants to look stylish and sensible, but also let everyone know he’s made it.

JOHN FOX: Is it bomb-proof?

SALESMAN: What?

JOHN FOX: What if someone throws a bomb at me like in one of those video games Demaryius is always playing?

SALESMAN: Well, I … why would someone throw a bomb at you?

JOHN FOX: Not important. What would happen?

SALESMAN: Well, no car can withstand a bomb blast without serious after-market modificat-

JOHN FOX: Pass. Next.

SALESMAN: Okay. Okayokayokay. I know this is a long shot, but just hear me out here: A classic summer day, the wind blowing through your hair, the warmth of the sun hitting your skin, the-

JOHN FOX: A convertible?

SALESMAN: Yes. Lots of middle-aged gentlemen love them for the freedom the prov-

JOHN FOX: Don’t be ridiculous. I’ll be decapitated in five minutes in one of those things. What’s that over there?

SALESMAN: Over where?

JOHN FOX: There. In that office. The big rectangle thing.

SALESMAN: The safe?

JOHN FOX: A safe? Sounds safe. I’ll take it.

SALESMAN: But … it’s not for sale. And I don’t even think you’ll fit in it. And it’s not a car. It doesn’t even have wheels.

JOHN FOX: Wheels? Now hang on one second, Evel Knievel. I never said nothing about no wheels. I said safe.

SALESMAN: But how will you go anywhere?

JOHN FOX: Going places is how people get hurt. Hell, I’m not even here now. This is a hologram. I’m hidden in my underground bunker 50 feet below Mile High Stadium. I never leave the premises. Now ship me that safecar in 1000 feet of bubble wrap and send me the bill.

SALESMAN: I can’t do that, sir. I’ll have to check with my manag-

JOHN FOX: Fantastic! Pleasure doing business with you.

[The John Fox Hologram leaves the car dealership. In his bunker, the real John Fox calls John Elway]

JOHN FOX: John, I bought a car.

JOHN ELWAY: Great! What did you get?

JOHN FOX: I dunno, some giant metal box with no wheels or engine. Seems sturdy, though.

JOHN ELWAY: Smart.

Read more: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2013/01/john-fox-doesnt-regret-playing-it-safe.html#ixzz2I50Wi91B