PDA

View Full Version : What changes would you like to see in our offensive philosophy?

ozomulsion
01-14-2013, 04:52 PM
I would love to see us move our receivers around much more. Decker in the slot, and even DT learning the slot position seems like it could be deadly.

I would also love to see us use more bunch formations, as it is a way to confuse defenses with a simple formation change.

I would also love to see a more inventive running scheme. More of a mix between draw plays, stretch plays, toss plays, and (Gasp) maybe even some counter plays.

Of course we need a more explosive RB with some power, but that's for a different thread.

broncobum6162
01-14-2013, 05:08 PM
GET RID OF McCOY IS A GREAT START!

Bronco Yoda
01-14-2013, 05:48 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qq3K6HLhL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-14-2013, 05:51 PM
I'd love to see more offensive sets with Trindon Holliday involved. Even if it's just 1-2 a game. Guy can be a difference maker when put in space.

DENVERDUI55
01-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Absolutely nothing. I just want to see upgraded players at RB and OL. I would like more speed out of the slot WR too. Willis sucks and I think Stokley retires.

DBroncos4life
01-14-2013, 06:00 PM
NONE My god people Manning hasn't even been a Broncos for one year. Instead of letting the team gel you guys want to make even more changes. Hilarious!

Pick Six
01-14-2013, 06:07 PM
We had been doing just fine, on offense, until Sunday. It reminded me of 2005, when Jake Plummer decided to play his worst game when it counted...

WolfpackGuy
01-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Downfield passing in short yardage situations.

More athleticism at TE, but that's not really a philosophy change as much as a personnel upgrade.

Force the ball to DT more.

Hell, all the other teams with a big nasty at WR make sure they get the ball.

BroncoBen
01-14-2013, 06:30 PM
GET RID OF McCOY IS A GREAT START!

Well I have a truck and dolly to help clear his office at Dove Valley, I'm sure I could find a few people to lend some muscle to lend a hand.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Freak TE, interior OL upgrade, Holiday out of the backfield or slot for 5-10 touches per game, and a set of testicles.

troyjbath
01-14-2013, 06:39 PM
I wouldn't change much. A stud running back and younger faster slot receiver would be the only things I'd put on my wish list. McGahee and Moreno are both way too injury prone. I'd love for Stokely to stick around, but I don't think he has much left in the tank.

spdirty
01-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Tom Moore and Peyton Manning with complete and total control of the offense, including ALL 4th down decisions, as well as decision making ability over whether we kneel or go for it.

I'd like a co-coach situation, where Manning/Moore run the offense, and Fox takes the headset off when the offense is out there, and Fox/Del Rio run the defense, with Fox as the figurehead of the team.

broncosteven
01-14-2013, 06:53 PM
I would like to see us add a FB and use more I formation plays or use an Hback that we can motion out of the backfield and get the D to declare their coverage early.

I am not a fan of running out of the shotgun in a single back set, it was fine when Tebow was a threat to run. If they want to run out of the gun they can implement a pistol type formation giving our backs a lead blocker that can adapt to the D and open holes closer to our RB's.

We can still run power pulls and traps like they have been but I think unless you have a stud with speed and power and low center of gravity you need a lead blocker that can seal off blocks out of the back field.

oubronco
01-14-2013, 06:54 PM
I'd like to see them attack the seam 15-20 yds more, some more crossing patterns deeper than 5 yds, Drag routes, 4 wr sets with a better run scheme would be nice as well

And Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huh??
01-14-2013, 06:59 PM
More of a "killer instinct" mentality to put games away early, and an attitude to maintain dominance until the final whistle. I wouldn't mind it at all if the Broncos run up the score to (figuratively) stomp on the throats of the other teams. This is football. No need to be nice.

eddie mac
01-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Peyton's first year with the team and we average 30 points a game. I reckon we hit 35 next year.

huh??
01-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Also... Maybe more fun trick plays. Remember when Rod Smith threw that pass to Elway? Decker's a lefty, but he CAN throw. He did at least once last season. ...just sayin'.

broncosteven
01-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Freak TE, interior OL upgrade, Holiday out of the backfield or slot for 5-10 touches per game, and a set of testicles.

They have done this with Holiday at least one game in the past, I bet we see more of Holiday in the slot this coming season after having a full TC to work him in. Nothing big or full time, just a small package to get the most out of his speed a few times a game.

I think our TE's are above avg. I already asked for a C to groom.

We need to stop playing lip service to the run and start protecting PM with a legit well designed rushing attack.

broncosteven
01-14-2013, 07:17 PM
I think we need to consider some serious competition for Prater also, just something so he doesn't have a late season meltdown and knows in Camp that he doesn't have the job "locked up".

broncosteven
01-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Also... Maybe more fun trick plays. Remember when Rod Smith threw that pass to Elway? Decker's a lefty, but he CAN throw. He did at least once last season. ...just sayin'.

At least one LT screen every game inside the red zone!

LOL

Ratboy
01-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Peyton's first year with the team and we average 30 points a game. I reckon we hit 35 next year.

This team is only going to get better and that is how I am justifying this loss.

huh??
01-14-2013, 07:30 PM
At least one LT screen every game inside the red zone!

LOL

Yeah! Develop a ton of trick plays. It might be interesting if Denver becomes known for them. Well... as long as they're effective. :yayaya:

Lestat
01-14-2013, 07:33 PM
upgrades at OL, RB and a slot that can take the cover off of the defense.
the offense itself is fine, just needs a talent infusion to make it more dangerous.
if we had a bell cow RB to salt away leads with it would be great and that situation doesn't happen with the Ravens.

Lestat
01-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Yeah! Develop a ton of trick plays. It might be interesting if Denver becomes known for them. Well... as long as they're effective. :yayaya:

Manning fake RB hand off into a QB bootleg. he used to own with that at Tennessee. :~ohyah!:

Bronco Yoda
01-14-2013, 07:51 PM
I think we need to consider some serious competition for Prater also, just something so he doesn't have a late season meltdown and knows in Camp that he doesn't have the job "locked up".

I'm starting to think Prater is over paid.

Vine
01-14-2013, 07:52 PM
I would like to see Denver not piss away possessions at the end of halves.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-14-2013, 08:12 PM
A TE who is someone that the other team has to gameplan around.

I think a veteran kicker should be explored as well.

Cito Pelon
01-14-2013, 08:37 PM
I would love to see us move our receivers around much more. Decker in the slot, and even DT learning the slot position seems like it could be deadly.

I would also love to see us use more bunch formations, as it is a way to confuse defenses with a simple formation change.

I would also love to see a more inventive running scheme. More of a mix between draw plays, stretch plays, toss plays, and (Gasp) maybe even some counter plays.

Of course we need a more explosive RB with some power, but that's for a different thread.

That's not the "Manning" offense with the no-huddle.

broncosteven
01-14-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm starting to think Prater is over paid.

How does a kicker with his experience divot one in the playoffs. I had a bad feeling about going into the playoffs with him after he went all Fred Steinfort late in the season.

DBroncos4life
01-14-2013, 08:59 PM
A TE who is someone that the other team has to gameplan around.

I think a veteran kicker should be explored as well.

Dallas Clark is a FA again and he proved that he is healthy enough to be a threat still.

ozomulsion
01-14-2013, 09:05 PM
That's not the "Manning" offense with the no-huddle.

Some changes need to be made if our best receiver can so easily be taken out of the game.

I can't wait to see a stud slot receiver in this offense. For those of you who think no changes should be made, I seriously doubt Manning would be opposed to a few tweaks.

Cito Pelon
01-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Some changes need to be made if our best receiver can so easily be taken out of the game.

I can't wait to see a stud slot receiver in this offense. For those of you who think no changes should be made, I seriously doubt Manning would be opposed to a few tweaks.

That's fine with me, but if you're gonna run the no-huddle, the O is necessarily simplified, you need simple formations.

ozomulsion
01-14-2013, 09:17 PM
That's fine with me, but if you're gonna run the no-huddle, the O is necessarily simplified, you need simple formations.

I'd like to see us get more offensive mismatches going on, a lot like when we got Knowshon matched up against the LB on his TD catch. That was done out of the no-huddle, no?

Cito Pelon
01-14-2013, 09:26 PM
I'd like to see us get more offensive mismatches going on, a lot like when we got Knowshon matched up against the LB on his TD catch. That was done out of the no-huddle, no?

Good question. I don't know. All I can contribute is we'll see next year.

Rohirrim
01-14-2013, 09:53 PM
We need to figure out a way to go into the playoffs with our #1 and #2 RBs healthy.

Bronco Yoda
01-14-2013, 10:19 PM
How does a kicker with his experience divot one in the playoffs. I had a bad feeling about going into the playoffs with him after he went all Fred Steinfort late in the season.

Good question. The footing looked fine to me. He hit the turf a good 18 inches before the ball. He's lucky he even made contact.

OABB
01-14-2013, 10:28 PM
I would like to see more screens.

R8R H8R
01-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Whatever it takes to have an offense that out-produces the Pats offense, and everybody else's for that matter..

2KBack
01-15-2013, 07:16 AM
I would like to see more screens.

I'd like some RB screens actually. Defense were attacking pretty hard by the end of the season because (against his reputation) the best way to throw us off was the blitz. We didn't make people pay for attacking last season, and when the offense did make mistakes it was because of pressure. With Moreno and Hillman, we should have been taking advantage.

We need to evaluate the run offense, it was completely predictable. Especially in the last game, where all we did is run into the teeth of the defense. We played right into the one thing that an Old Ray Lewis can still do, attack straight ahead and run stuff. It was stupid considering whenever we ran laterally he was taken out of the play. Same goes for Ngata, it was very poorly planned.

Doing these things will open up the Manning passing offense even better.

DENVERDUI55
01-15-2013, 08:23 AM

I would have to look at that again. I think Denver might of goalline package in and spread everyone out. Decker wasn't in on that play I know.

WolfpackGuy
01-15-2013, 08:44 AM
I'd like some RB screens actually. Defense were attacking pretty hard by the end of the season because (against his reputation) the best way to throw us off was the blitz. We didn't make people pay for attacking last season, and when the offense did make mistakes it was because of pressure. With Moreno and Hillman, we should have been taking advantage.

We need to evaluate the run offense, it was completely predictable. Especially in the last game, where all we did is run into the teeth of the defense. We played right into the one thing that an Old Ray Lewis can still do, attack straight ahead and run stuff. It was stupid considering whenever we ran laterally he was taken out of the play. Same goes for Ngata, it was very poorly planned.

Doing these things will open up the Manning passing offense even better.

Agreed.

Hillman almost busted a few big ones when they called run plays to the edges where the Broncos had the advantage.

I don't understand using him as a battering ram.

oubronco
01-15-2013, 01:38 PM
I'd like to see the QB run around like a chicken with his head cut off, throw passes into the stands or in the turf 5 yds in front of the WR because he looks purty

Signed McGoober

OABB
01-15-2013, 01:39 PM
I'd like to see the QB run around like a chicken with his head cut off, throw passes into the stands or in the turf 5 yds in front of the WR because he looks purty

Signed McGoober

Lol.

OABB
01-15-2013, 01:40 PM
With mccoy gone we might actually get to see what modern football looks like. I'm excited.

Tombstone RJ
01-15-2013, 02:24 PM
I'd like to see a better defense in the playoffs.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-15-2013, 02:29 PM
We need to figure out a way to go into the playoffs with our #1 and #2 RBs healthy.

We need a real #1.

Kaylore
01-15-2013, 02:33 PM
I like to see us be a bit more agressive from a philisophical stand point. Not much, but a little. For example I'd love to see PA passes on third and short.

I think we need to upgrade our interior line and get more deep speed. Caldwell never saw the field. I would love another deep guy that is good enough to play on Sundays. And more running back depth.

Chris
01-15-2013, 02:51 PM
I wouldn't change much. A stud running back and younger faster slot receiver would be the only things I'd put on my wish list. McGahee and Moreno are both way too injury prone. I'd love for Stokely to stick around, but I don't think he has much left in the tank.

I'd rather draft a young slot guy, cut Caldwell and keep Stokley as the 4th guy. He's just clutch and has that chemistry.

Hulamau
01-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Play hard to WIN THE DAMN GAME when we have a modest lead in crunch time ... no more playing not to lose!

Hulamau
01-15-2013, 03:00 PM
I like to see us be a bit more agressive from a philisophical stand point. Not much, but a little. For example I'd love to see PA passes on third and short.

I think we need to upgrade our interior line and get more deep speed. Caldwell never saw the field. I would love another deep guy that is good enough to play on Sundays. And more running back depth.

Check mark to all of the above ... More PA when needing a first please!

SonOfLe-loLang
01-15-2013, 03:22 PM

Not just deep speed, but someone with a bit more elusiveness. I thought Ronnie Hillman would be that guy, and although he has a burst, he doesnt seem to make a ton of guys miss. I think he might have a future as a tail back, but not that open space guy who can turn the game around in a play.

A slot guy like Tavon Austin (who has a similar skill set to Harvin) would be an exciting weapon in this offense and give it another dimension. He may be avail when he pick, and is worth a thought there.

I agree with the rest of the above.

mhgaffney
01-15-2013, 06:07 PM

I saw the highlights of the SF - GB playoff game. The 49ers destroyed a very good Green Bay team -- in awesome fashion.

How did they do it?

The rookie QB Kaepernick is how. This kid can throw like Manning -- but he can also run the football himself -- like a stud half-back.

He has incredible speed -- he ran for two TDs.

A QB who can pass AND run himself changes the game completely. We saw this also with Griffin III until he was hurt.

I can't help but wonder if the days of the pocket passer (i.e. P Manning) are over. Enter the era of the full bore all out offense -- that forces the other team to defend the entire field.

Denver had no chance to beat a team like SF.

MHG