PDA

View Full Version : If Coach Fox were to have a press conference today what questions would you ask

Bronco Rob
01-14-2013, 11:05 AM
The kneel down with 30 seconds left, watching Matt Ryan with roughly the same ammount of time puts the Falcons in scoring position to win the game. Better clarification on the deep saftey and what it mean to play it? Running the ball six times in a row?

???

CEH
01-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Fox is speaking right now.

He said the 70 yard bomb was a shock and the players were stunned on the sideline so he didn't think it was the time to try to be bold.

Was not like ATL that was requird to go for it

Would go again on 3rd and 7 with a run because it turned out Balt had 70 yards with 40 seconds to go the percentages went from 97 to 99 %

You have an MVP QB why not throw? Understandable from a fans standpoint but he would play the percentages again

Moore made alot of progress and needs a short memory. (Whatever)

Had chances in the OT didn't get it done

Looking to improve from this lost

Will use this loss to help evlauate the players because legacies are made in the post season

Elway: Unless you play good football in the playoffs it doesn't matter where you get beat. You need to play well in every game. He sucked in Super Bowls
Experience will help them next year

When PFM was signed, the Super Bowl is the goal. Put the team in the best situation possible but you still can't make the mistakes to win

Hopefully still have years left with PFM. Still in shock they are here today talking to the media. What can they have done differently for next year

Flacco played well as did Smith. You need to be playing your best in the playoffs.

Remarkable what PFM accomplished as well as with the defense. One more year of continuity will make them better

Defense gave up points but Everything was disappointing

Gutless Drunk
01-14-2013, 11:14 AM
He is having one right now.

As far as the kneel down Fox just said he would do it again 10 out of 10 times.
So forgot about him ever changing.

He also said they were "punch drunk" from the big play given up and he felt they needed to "get out of the round"

News conference here: http://www.1043thefan.com/home.aspx

if you can stomach it.

Elway agrees, saying the were "in shock" and needed to regroup.

Eh, I don't know about professionals that go into shock and can't handle doing their jobs.

spdirty
01-14-2013, 11:24 AM
It's a cop out bull**** excuse. I am ok with the 3rd and 7 but to say they were shocked is ****ing bull****.

The prize fighter analogy was stupid too.

Quoydogs
01-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Why did you bring in a 80 million dollar, walk on HOF QB, just to knell on the ball with over 30seconds left on the clock ?

Matt Ryan only needed 32 seconds to get a field goal.

go_broncos
01-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Fox will never learn..

R8R H8R
01-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Most of the questions that fans want answered got asked. Predictably, they won't like the answers, but they did get an answer. Although I will say that Elway backed up Fox on the two biggest questions:

Why not throw on 3rd & 7? and why not go for a FG at end of regulation?
So that tells me Fox isn't going anywhere. Those calling for his head are wasting their breath & time.

My question also got asked & answered. Will Fox consider switching Champ to safety?
The answer was, he doesn't see that happening. Oh well.

eddie mac
01-14-2013, 11:55 AM
The busted play wasn't all on Moore, Carter didn't jam Jones, nor did he run with him when there was no-one in his zone underneath. Both equally to blame although Moore took it on the chin. Some of the adults on this forum need to do likewise. Let it ****ing go, cos the more you dwell on it the longer it'll sit.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Why did you not trust this offense in 2 seperate scenarios

MABroncoFan
01-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Regarding the 3rd and 7 play ... in hindsight I wish we threw it, but at the time I thought it was the right move to run it and run the clock, even though it was unlikely we'd pick up the 1st down. Give them 40 sec less to drive the length of the field, which made it seem unlikely. An incomplete pass there, and they would've had a good 1:45 to drive, plenty of time even w/o TO's.

Bronco Yoda
01-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Please tell me Fox is just saying that..... Please tell me he's really not that hard headed & daft.

I appreciate John's position in backing his coach publicly. I just hope he's more critical with Fox behind closed does. Things need to evolve.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Regarding the 3rd and 7 play ... in hindsight I wish we threw it, but at the time I thought it was the right move to run it and run the clock, even though it was unlikely we'd pick up the 1st down. Give them 40 sec less to drive the length of the field, which made it seem unlikely. An incomplete pass there, and they would've had a good 1:45 to drive, plenty of time even w/o TO's.

Dont forget the sh!tty punt that followed. We should have had them pinned inside the 20 or 15.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-14-2013, 12:18 PM

Unlikely? They did it already in the same game. Right before halftime. 40 seconds. A situation like that a smart QB doesn't throw a low percentage pass resulting in an incomplete. He falls to the ground keeping the clock running.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-14-2013, 12:26 PM
I'd ask him for a girl with big boobs to hold me

Bronco Yoda
01-14-2013, 12:28 PM
I'd ask him for a girl with big boobs to hold me

Trust me...They're over rated and charge up all your credit cards.:giggle:

shalowlow
01-14-2013, 12:54 PM
I really think Manning was hurt (whether it was because of the cold or an actual recent injury I can't guess) and would not have been able to throw passes deep enough to get a field goal in that situation anyway.

Smiling Assassin27
01-14-2013, 01:01 PM
He said the 70 yard bomb was a shock and the players were stunned on the sideline so he didn't think it was the time to try to be bold.

Once i heard this, my follow up question would be: so will you be retiring or will john elway have to fire you. for crissakes. Methinks HE was the only one 'stunned'.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-14-2013, 01:21 PM
The busted play wasn't all on Moore, Carter didn't jam Jones, nor did he run with him when there was no-one in his zone underneath. Both equally to blame although Moore took it on the chin. Some of the adults on this forum need to do likewise. Let it ****ing go, cos the more you dwell on it the longer it'll sit.

oooh, im not sure if its equal blame there. That's still Moore's play and he completely whiffed on it.

edog24
01-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Fox is speaking right now.

Was not like ATL that was requird to go for it

Would go again on 3rd and 7 with a run because it turned out Balt had 70 yards with 40 seconds to go the percentages went from 97 to 99 %

You have an MVP QB why not throw? Understandable from a fans standpoint but he would play the percentages again

Moore made alot of progress and needs a short memory. (Whatever)

Had chances in the OT didn't get it done

Looking to improve from this lost

Will use this loss to help evlauate the players because legacies are made in the post season

Elway: Unless you play good football in the playoffs it doesn't matter where you get beat. You need to play well in every game. He sucked in Super Bowls
Experience will help them next year

When PFM was signed, the Super Bowl is the goal. Put the team in the best situation possible but you still can't make the mistakes to win

Hopefully still have years left with PFM. Still in shock they are here today talking to the media. What can they have done differently for next year

Flacco played well as did Smith. You need to be playing your best in the playoffs.

Remarkable what PFM accomplished as well as with the defense. One more year of continuity will make them better

Defense gave up points but Everything was disappointing

Well fuggit then let's sell the farm and get AP or Foster or something that will get us up by 3 TDs on everyone. If the game is close or on the line, we will lose every time with this mentality.

Gutless Drunk
01-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Fox coming up at 3:30 MST on Dmac & Big Al if you want to listen:

http://www.1043thefan.com/home.aspx

Dmac says he is going to ask tough questions

lookin' glass
01-14-2013, 03:09 PM
The Ravens threw it deep a number of times to that side of the field, completing a couple, why would he be shocked?

go_broncos
01-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Please don't play scared..You have Manning..
If you think..he will throw INT ..then please cut him.

I understand playing conservative if you average QB.
It's time for you to retire

Armchair Bronco
01-14-2013, 03:28 PM
I would simply ask him this:

"Coach Fox, I'm sure you've had a long career as a coach at a lot of different levels. Have you always been a p***Y at all levels or only in the NFL?"

Requiem
01-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Sup Fox? :)

broncobum6162
01-14-2013, 03:32 PM

My thoughts exactly.... If not, then what did we get him for and why R we paying him 20 mil per year. That "shock" comment was pure BS...laxt time I checked they were all grown men and this is the NFL. Grow a pair an show them proudly...... Thats why Belechick is so successful and so hated by the opposing teams. He puts it out there all the time. Some times it backfires but you cant argue w his long term success...

SonOfLe-loLang
01-14-2013, 03:34 PM

Your level of misery confounds me. I would love to know what you do on a daily basis.

If you really want to get rid of Peyton Manning, youre a ****ing idiot. I just think you're one of those people who feels more comfort when they are depressed.

Rohirrim
01-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Will you make me a sandwich?

broncobum6162
01-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Your level of misery confounds me. I would love to know what you do on a daily basis.

If you really want to get rid of Peyton Manning, youre a ****ing idiot. I just think you're one of those people who feels more comfort when they are depressed.

Methinks he speaks of Fox not Manning. Personally I wish they both return w exception of boywondermccoy.... Fox needs ballz Manning needs time.....