PDA

View Full Version : Manning talks Next SB in NYC ..

Hulamau
01-13-2013, 11:51 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22366586/peyton-manning-broncos-upset-new-york-super-bowl

Manning already thinking about next years playoffs... Love it!

Ratboy
01-14-2013, 02:59 AM
Awesome. We'll have an even better team next year.

Who would have thought we would be a Top O, Top D, 13-3, 1st seed? I didn't. The season shouldnt have ended, but this team knows and will be back to dominate.

fleetwood
01-14-2013, 05:30 AM
Mr. One and Done needs to worry about the opening round before planning to go to New Jersey for a playoff game. Unless he figures to open there against the Jets.

go_broncos
01-14-2013, 05:44 AM
Mr. One and Done needs to worry about the opening round before planning to go to New Jersey for a playoff game. Unless he figures to open there against the Jets.

He might have got used to it by now..One and Done in the playoffs

Boobs McGee
01-14-2013, 07:58 AM
Wow...he put his hand in a tank of freezing water to stimulate cold weather? Crazy stuff.

Pick Six
01-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Yikes!Next year's Super Bowl is in New York? Oh, Lord...

Chris
01-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Give me a break. Focus on not sucking first.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-14-2013, 10:27 AM
I still dont get the Peyton hate. We are incredibly lucky to have him and i wish next season started tomorrow.

Tombstone RJ
01-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Nobody is more down about this loss than Peyton Manning, I can assure you of this. The posters on this board who are overly sensitive about Manning need to take a break and go away for a while.

B-Large
01-14-2013, 10:35 AM
I still dont get the Peyton hate. We are incredibly lucky to have him and i wish next season started tomorrow.

I don't think its hate, not too many would advocate a return of Tebow or Orton... yikes....

I think it has to do with playing mediocre/ok against good teams, and the fact we are no further than we were last year with arguable a much improved team. Yes we were 13 wins this regular seaosn, that is great and all, but you just get the feeling, at least I do, were outmatched with the top 2-3 teams that are contenders.... and that is not just all talent, that is coaching as well..

Heck, I think this team imprioves alot in the offseason, I think it wil be a great year... so many people were hearing Super Bowl, to lose at home like that usually reflects back on the QB...

So be it, I guess

SonOfLe-loLang
01-14-2013, 10:40 AM
I don't think its hate, not too many would advocate a return of Tebow or Orton... yikes....

I think it has to do with playing mediocre/ok against good teams, and the fact we are no further than we were last year with arguable a much improved team. Yes we were 13 wins this regular seaosn, that is great and all, but you just get the feeling, at least I do, were outmatched with the top 2-3 teams that are contenders.... and that is not just all talent, that is coaching as well..

Heck, I think this team imprioves alot in the offseason, I think it wil be a great year... so many people were hearing Super Bowl, to lose at home like that usually reflects back on the QB...

So be it, I guess

Whatever, he played good enough to win. We're fitting the narrative towards Peyton because that's what football fans tend to do. The defense gave up 38 ****ing points and one huge fluke TD. Thats the reality of it. I'll go to war with him any time...i dont care about his "playoff record."

NFLBRONCO
01-14-2013, 10:44 AM

So be it, I guess

The 11 game win streak really clouded alot of people's minds imo. While the run was nice our flaws were still there just masked by playing bad teams. Denver still needs stronger lines for SB shot and smarter on the field play.

As far as Manning I'm glad he here but, the guy has a 9-11 playoff record 8 1st game outs 0-4 in cold weather. It is what it is hope we can get things right next year. All our best players took a dump on Sat. You should win scoring 35 pts in a game.

Smiling Assassin27
01-14-2013, 10:45 AM
Whatever, he played good enough to win. We're fitting the narrative towards Peyton because that's what football fans tend to do. The defense gave up 38 ****ing points and one huge fluke TD. Thats the reality of it. I'll go to war with him any time...i dont care about his "playoff record."

Denver is now a playoff/superbowl contender. That is largely because of Manning. He's one of the qb's in the league that can give your team a chance to win it all. Given the alternatives, I'm glad he's here. Let's give it another shot next season.

Greatspirits
01-14-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm already talking and thinking Super Bowl next year which was part of my original thinking when we signed Peyton. Let's be honest I don't think to many people we're thinking Super Bowl right off the bat this year. The team came together and played better than expected. It will be Super Bowl or bust for sure next season!

Chris
01-14-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm already talking and thinking Super Bowl next year which was part of my original thinking when we signed Peyton. Let's be honest I don't think to many people we're thinking Super Bowl right off the bat this year. The team came together and played better than expected. It will be Super Bowl or bust for sure next season!

The problem is this was like losing after a five hour game of jenga. Even if there's a real chance to return it's too early to assume we'll be back in this position again next year.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-14-2013, 11:14 AM
The problem is this was like losing after a five hour game of jenga. Even if there's a real chance to return it's too early to assume we'll be back in this position again next year.

Of course, but thats the reality of things. You gotta think the Broncos, provided they stay healthy, will compete next year.

We lost on a fluke...i need a hug

gunns
01-14-2013, 11:31 AM
The 11 game win streak really clouded alot of people's minds imo. While the run was nice our flaws were still there just masked by playing bad teams. Denver still needs stronger lines for SB shot and smarter on the field play.

As far as Manning I'm glad he here but, the guy has a 9-11 playoff record 8 1st game outs 0-4 in cold weather. It is what it is hope we can get things right next year. All our best players took a dump on Sat. You should win scoring 35 pts in a game.

Yeah and John Elway was 0-4 in the SB when the Broncos lost to Jacksonville. I was puzzled too at some of the stuff going on in that game but Manning was a smaller part of it. Where the hell was that defense?

We would have never been 13-3 without Manning. Yeah, yeah, we went to the playoffs last year on a miracle 8-8 record. I don't want to stand on miracles, I want the talent and Manning has it. I am thrilled he is talking SB next year because I have no doubt it will happen and we need him. I'm almost to the point of guaranteeing it. Elway will get the missing pieces, just like after the Jacksonville loss, and this year will be a faded memory.

Durango
01-14-2013, 11:32 AM
He might have got used to it by now..One and Done in the playoffs

Dumb comment, and such graceful grammar as well.

Look, you have a problem with Manning that spans every thread on this forum.

You've said your piece. Go follow a team that better fits your demands. Your manta is annoying.

gunns
01-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Dumb comment, and such graceful grammar as well.

Look, you have a problem with Manning that spans every thread on this forum.

You've said your piece. Go follow a team that better fits your demands. Your manta is annoying.

Is there ANYBODY he doesn't have a problem with? Bitch bitch bitch all the time. One positive, just one.

CEH
01-14-2013, 11:48 AM
IMO, Everything changed dramattically when Denver secured a first round bye and HFA with a "healthy" team

Nothing about next year is set in stone like it was on Saturday

We really needed to see where Denver is against NE. This was the year to do that.

That One Guy
01-14-2013, 11:49 AM
I think part of my disgust with the whole situation is that when things were going well this year, I actually convinced myself to mildly like Peyton Manning. I've hated everything about the guy for so long. He comes in, plays pretty well, and I find myself not hating him anymore just for him to let everyone down in the first game of the playoffs. Now we're not only watching other teams in the AFCCG but I got over my hatred of the forehead for what, exactly?

Beantown Bronco
01-14-2013, 12:21 PM
IMO, Everything changed dramattically when Denver secured a first round bye and HFA with a "healthy" team

Nothing about next year is set in stone like it was on Saturday

We really needed to see where Denver is against NE. This was the year to do that.

Especially with the stars aligning the way they did for us this weekend with Gronk out and Woodhead banged up and questionable for next week.

rbackfactory80
01-14-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm sure with all his NFL connections he will be able to score some pretty decent seats.

Bronco Rob
01-14-2013, 12:28 PM
The cold's effect also can't be blamed for the pass that deflected off receiver Eric Decker's hands on the Broncos' first offensive possession and into Graham's arms, who returned the pick for a touchdown.

And Chykie Brown can't?

Manning is the consummate professional. Would not doubt it if he is doing his on going rehab in a cozy walk in freezer as we speak. You really could not have asked for a better regular season than we enjoyed. Get some stability at the stability at the running back position, address some issues with the interior line. Another offseason for PFM to continue to build rapport with the back and receivers. It's Saul Goode.

:thumbs:

Smilin Assassin
01-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Say whatcha' want, I'm glad he's going to be our QB again.

Scratch that. If you don't agree w/the above, yer nuts.

This wasn't a 1-year, all-or-nothing, Super Bowl-Or-Bust season. We have a lot of great pieces (and like all teams, some holes).

I like our chances to be in the mix. And really, that's all you can ask for.

Bronco X
01-14-2013, 01:58 PM

There's not much to get. There's a segment of any sports fan base that will be perpetually whiny and self entitled, watching sports to live vicariously through athletes in order to compensate for their own lack of accomplishment in life.