PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning... Burning Broncos fans for 10 years

jmz313
01-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Isn't that what all the PM anger is really about? Dude embarrasses us 3 straight years then when we get him he can't close his first big game. I didn't want manning just cause I hated him as a Colt for owning us. This was his chance to win me over, and he went happy feet and turned it over like he did all but one year with Indy.

Couldn't even win us one. Just wanted to bounce that one around. It's why I'm focusing any of my anger at PM... 35 points, TDs in redzone, no settling for field goals. Everything you want but tons of giant mistakes blew the game. It was truly a Team effort of suck....

So, manning is still that mellon headed Colt choker. For me at least.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 03:45 PM
ENOUGH WITH THE MANNING BLAME

My God.

He didn't play all world, but he played more than well enough to win. ONE MORE TIME:

He had a 100 rating going into that last Raven drive

The broncos win chances were 97.2 percent.

WE LOST ON A FLUKE PLAY.

GET OVER IT

Al Wilson
01-13-2013, 03:46 PM
You're an idiot if you blame Manning. The ones who should be taking heat for the loss is especially Fox (the biggest pussy on this team and a wuss who was coaching scared of the ravens), and the rest of the coaching staff.

jmz313
01-13-2013, 03:47 PM
That's kind of what I'm saying.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Isn't that what all the PM anger is really about? Dude embarrasses us 3 straight years then when we get him he can't close his first big game. I didn't want manning just cause I hated him as a Colt for owning us. This was his chance to win me over, and he went happy feet and turned it over like he did all but one year with Indy.

Couldn't even win us one. Just wanted to bounce that one around. It's why I'm focusing any if my anger at PM... 35 points, TDs in redzone, no settling for field goals. Everything you want but tons of giant mistakes blew the game. Team effort of suck....

So, manning is still that mellon headed Colt choker. For me at least.

I bet Manning really gives a **** that he's let down some soft-headed dip**** on the internet. You should write him a strongly worded letter.

Bunch of ****ing pussies on this board. REALLY disappointed in a few members of our fanbase. Like you're owed any goddamn thing.

jmz313
01-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Wow, went over some heads. Just saying people probably more mad at manning, maybe subconsciously cause he we couldn't beat him so we hired him, then he didn't win. If that was Andrew luck, every thread would be different I'm guessing.

SoCalBronco
01-13-2013, 03:55 PM
ENOUGH WITH THE MANNING BLAME

My God.

He didn't play all world, but he played more than well enough to win. ONE MORE TIME:

He had a 100 rating going into that last Raven drive

The broncos win chances were 97.2 percent.

WE LOST ON A FLUKE PLAY.

GET OVER IT

People aren't going to just get over it a day later dude. This was the 1 seed and prolly the best team overall. That the game is over is hardly sufficient reason to stop talking about it. People had a legitimate belief that we were a SB team. A lot of people didn't play well including PM regardless of his QB rating. So yeah there is going to be tremendous anger...for a long time and by long time I don't mean just weeks.

You need to accept that there will be tremendous anger and angst on the forum prolly for the whole summer. It's deserved too.

RedEyedJeti
01-13-2013, 03:58 PM
What a joke of a fanbase.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 03:59 PM
People aren't going to just get over it a day later dude. This was the 1 seed and prolly the best team overall. That the game is over is hardly sufficient reason to stop talking about it. People had a legitimate belief that we were a SB team. A lot of people didn't play well including PM regardless of his QB rating. So yeah there is going to be tremendous anger...for a long time and by long time I don't mean just weeks.

You need to accept that there will be tremendous anger and angst on the forum prolly for the whole summer. It's deserved too.

I meant get over the Manning hate. Not the game. Im still not over it...life will go on and I will, I'm just trying to stay rational about it.

SoCalBronco
01-13-2013, 04:05 PM
There will be hatred and anger directed to him for awhile as well. This was just the second round and he didn't play too well. I don't care about the damn rating. He wasn't sharp and had a critical error that set up the game winning FG. He was great for us....but this last one is a huge black mark which stains the whole season. You can both appreciate his play and be angry with him at the same time.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 04:12 PM
There will be hatred and anger directed to him for awhile as well. This was just the second round and he didn't play too well. I don't care about the damn rating. He wasn't sharp and had a critical error that set up the game winning FG. He was great for us....but this last one is a huge black mark which stains the whole season. You can both appreciate his play and be angry with him at the same time.

i guess so, I just really think the anger is misplaced. Especially if he's the main one you want to focus your anger on. Regardless of how the Broncos scored 35 points, they did, and the defense should win any game in which you do. He still passed for 3 touchdown passes..two of which were gorgeous.

So i get WHY people are angry with him, he's the leader and all, I just think its misguided.

orinjkrush
01-13-2013, 04:18 PM
shock.
anger.
rejection.
acceptance.

SoCalBronco
01-13-2013, 04:21 PM
There is anger for everyone. There are a lot of people who are deserving of fan anger. He is one...there are of course others. There are varying degrees of course....certainly Rahim Moore would be No.1 but very few people escape blame.

We just lost a ring dude.....that was the best chance we had since the SB years. A lot of players and coaches will be getting flak...for a long time too....it's most assuredly well deserved. Very few people will be remotely interested in hearing explanations and excuses and that's how it should be as well. The team totally hurt its fans with that garbage performance. In fact I have just started to get angry. It should not have even gotten to the point where the Ravens could have tied it with a long bomb. The Ravens are hot garbage. Denver is at least 2 TDs better..maybe more so I'm not interested in hearing that if Moore doesn't **** up we aren't talking about Manning. The fact that we allowed the Ravens to be down by ONLY 7 in the last minute is embarrassing.

The team stabbed its fans in the heart...so no one is going to escape blame and going to continue. Everyone but Holiday is going to get **** and until August at the least.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 04:27 PM
There is anger for everyone. There are a lot of people who are deserving of fan anger. He is one...there are of course others. There are varying degrees of course....certainly Rahim Moore would be No.1 but very few people escape blame.

We just lost a ring dude.....that was the best chance we had since the SB years. A lot of players and coaches will be getting flak...for a long time too....it's most assuredly well deserved. Very few people will be remotely interested in hearing explanations and excuses and that's how it should be as well. The team totally hurt its fans with that garbage performance. In fact I have just started to get angry. It should not have even gotten to the point where the Ravens could have tied it with a long bomb. The Ravens are hot garbage. Denver is at least 2 TDs better..maybe more so I'm not interested in hearing that if Moore doesn't **** up we aren't talking about Manning. The fact that we allowed the Ravens to be down by ONLY 7 in the last minute is embarrassing.

The team stabbed its fans in the heart...so no one is going to escape blame and going to continue. Everyone but Holiday is going to get **** and until August at the least.

But you bring up an important point. We had a chance at a ring. And the main reason we were ever in position to do so was Peyton. You can't just view this game in a vacuum...though even if you did, i still think people are scapegoating him to a degree

UberBroncoMan
01-13-2013, 04:31 PM
You're an idiot if you blame Manning. The ones who should be taking heat for the loss is especially Fox (the biggest p***Y on this team and a wuss who was coaching scared of the ravens), and the rest of the coaching staff.

This. If anyone thinks Manning is scared of the Ravens they're ****ing retarded. I believe the last time Manning lost to them was either in 2001 or 2003. FOREVER AGO! Don't forget that Manning was beating the Ravens when their defense was FAR superior to what they have now. Lewis and Reed both still in their primes. This was all on Fox being a giant ****ing p***Y.

enjolras
01-13-2013, 04:32 PM

Will someone ban this freaking troll already.

Banana Pants
01-13-2013, 04:59 PM
The only teams he can consistantly beat in the playoffs are the Chiefs, and the Broncos. He's in trouble...

Durango
01-13-2013, 05:16 PM

I don't think so. His bad play to good play #'s are vastly weighed in favor of good, or even great plays. He made a bonehead throw, but Denver should NEVER have been in that position. If Moore had any God D**ned depth perception, it was game-over. Manning is the primary reason this team is even in the play-offs. I'm numb about this loss too, but this isn't on Manning. No way.

TheReverend
01-13-2013, 05:27 PM
But you bring up an important point. We had a chance at a ring. And the main reason we were ever in position to do so was Peyton. You can't just view this game in a vacuum...though even if you did, i still think people are scapegoating him to a degree

Yes. How could we possibly have reached the playoffs in this powerhouse of a division without Peyton Manning?

wolf754life
01-13-2013, 06:20 PM

TRUTH, REPPED FOR TRUTH

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Yes. How could we possibly have reached the playoffs in this powerhouse of a division without Peyton Manning?

Number 1 seed? 13-3?

And if we didnt have him, and had some mediocre QB instead, we are just as bad as the other teams in our ****ty division. Well, chiefs excepted.

TheReverend
01-13-2013, 06:43 PM
Number 1 seed? 13-3?

And if we didnt have him, and had some mediocre QB instead, we are just as bad as the other teams in our ****ty division. Well, chiefs excepted.

So to clarify:

You have no problem crediting Manning with wins as the QB, but not losses?

strafen
01-13-2013, 07:13 PM

**** off, you moron!

TheReverend
01-13-2013, 07:17 PM
**** off, you moron!

Excellent rebuttal but to be expected from such a respected contributor.

Al Wilson
01-13-2013, 07:24 PM
You shut the **** up as well. The fans have every right to criticize and talk ****. We pay the ****ing owner/coaches/players. Without fans there is no NFL. We pay those mother****ers.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 07:46 PM
So to clarify:

You have no problem crediting Manning with wins as the QB, but not losses?

No, i certainly dont think he's teflon (though i think he should be cut more slack than any other bronco) and ill readily admit that yesterday wasn't his best game (not by a long shot), but I dont think he played poorly and through 4 quarters of football, he played good enough to win in some awful conditions (including what should have been a sweet game winning drive in the mid 4th). I think any time this broncos team scores 35 points, it should win. But I also think blame goes all around, no one outside Trindon Holliday played great, but judging by many of the threads on this board, including this one, you'd think manning went 5-20 for 5 yards and 5 picks. And that simply is not the case.

So, i guess what I'm saying is, in short, he deserves partial blame for this loss, but i dont think he's the main reason for it. Nor do I think this game fits into that neat little narrative about him being **** in the playoffs. One of the years Tom Brady made the super bowl, Marlon McCree fumbled that ball after the game icing pick. Yesterday, Peyton fell victim to a once in a lifetime kind of play. Unfortunately we only remember wins and losses, but thats pretty unfair. Football games are incredibly complicated things with lots of moving parts. I dont think its as simple as saying "Broncos lost, Peyton's ****." like many are saying.

but this is a good discussion, let me ask you this:

Do you grade Peyton a C- as compared to other QBs, or do you give that to him as compared to his normal play?

TheReverend
01-13-2013, 07:52 PM
No, i certainly dont think he's teflon (though i think he should be cut more slack than any other bronco) and ill readily admit that yesterday wasn't his best game (not by a long shot), but I dont think he played poorly and through 4 quarters of football, he played good enough to win in some awful conditions (including what should have been a sweet game winning drive in the mid 4th). I think any time this broncos team scores 35 points, it should win. But I also think blame goes all around, no one outside Trindon Holliday played great, but judging by many of the threads on this board, including this one, you'd think manning went 5-20 for 5 yards and 5 picks. And that simply is not the case.

So, i guess what I'm saying is, in short, he deserves partial blame for this loss, but i dont think he's the main reason for it. Nor do I think this game fits into that neat little narrative about him being **** in the playoffs. One of the years Tom Brady made the super bowl, Marlon McCree fumbled that ball after the game icing pick. Yesterday, Peyton fell victim to a once in a lifetime kind of play. Unfortunately we only remember wins and losses, but thats pretty unfair. Football games are incredibly complicated things with lots of moving parts. I dont think its as simple as saying "Broncos lost, Peyton's ****." like many are saying.

but this is a good discussion, let me ask you this:

Do you grade Peyton a C- as compared to other QBs, or do you give that to him as compared to his normal play?

All QBs. You commit 3 turnovers in a playoff game and your performance is below average at best. Period... I defy you to try and refute that.

spiralism
01-13-2013, 07:54 PM
This team deserves every bastarding bit of stick it gets for the next year at least. It will be at least one year before they atone for this crap, i don't care if we beat up on the **** of the league like KC and Jacksonville all year, it doesn't get another game with anywhere near as much meaning until next January at least.

They may sit tight and ride out the abuse - they deserve it all. Except Trindon.
Realistically without him doing his best Devin Hester impersonation, we weren't even close in that match. All of the rest of the team needs to take a LONG look at themselves. I hope it haunts them all ****ing year. This was the #1 seed with a 7-1 home record in what is at worst the second toughest home venue in the NFL, the #2 Off and #4 Def and it pissed down its leg against a team it blew away 3 weeks before.

Anyone who pans us for getting on their back may get on their bike and **** off. We pay their salaries, we're the reason the teams exist. Would a caring father let his straight A student of a son fall in with the wrong crowd and get into drugs? We're pissed off because we ****ing care

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 07:59 PM
All QBs. You commit 3 turnovers in a playoff game and your performance is below average at best. Period... I defy you to try and refute that.

I'm gonna give it a shot!

The first turnover was on a dropped ball that Decker was interfered with. Plus it was off a deflection. Now, that was a real tight fit, but they've done that before.

The second: This is just a bias of mind, but i dont often blame QB's for fumbles when their line fails them. Sure there's fault there, but their job is to look down the field. But we can disagree on that.

The third: Inexcusable. Horrible decision. The only thing I contend is that overtime should have never even been played. Through 4 quarters, he played well enough to win. It didn't work out due to some fluke thing.

Now, you can say I'm wrong for using that as criteria (because an overtime was played, after all), but its the stance I'm taking.

After the game was over, all I could think about was "i cant believe our D gave up three TD passes of 50 yards, including that one ultra inexcusable one at the end."

I agree with whoever gave him the B-. I dont think your wrong by the way. This is just my opinion. And anyone who puts some blame at Peyton's feet, i dont think they are wrong either. I just think they are wrong when they suggest HE'S the reason, and i think they are retarded to infer we need a new QB.