01-13-2013, 01:17 PM
Hit 2 passes, Got a field goal

that is how you win by playing to win

bronco militia
01-13-2013, 01:18 PM
**** you john fox.......

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-13-2013, 01:22 PM
In the playoffs you always play to win. Never lie down in favor of 40 seconds.

bpc
01-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Why have Peyton Manning if you're going to take a knee with the game on the line? There's a reason why some never earn rings.

Br0nc0Buster
yeah well too bad our coach is a limp dick

maybe we will get lucky and someone will accidentally confuse McCoy for a good coordinator and make him a HC

Goobzilla

That hurt to watch. Some people will try to tell you that since they were down by one the situations don't compare. Those people are ****heads

UberBroncoMan
01-13-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm hoping Fox saw it and let it sink in. Some people are stuck in their ways though.

TheReverend

While I hated that and the the 3rd and 7 run call, along with a few other 3rd down runs, it's super easy to second guess with hindsight.

Fox has done largely a very good job in Denver and while the sting of the loss is still fresh, we should appreciate that more. A LOT of factors went into this loss that go beyond coaching (I do freely agree and admit we were out-coached yesterday, though)

hades
This just makes yesterday even more painful! You have to at least try. Fox gave up. Only difference is Atlanta was down instead of tied, but it is the EXACT same situation, you play to win...

ChampJesusBailey
01-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Well the Falcons kind of HAD to throw and get a FG considering they were losing.

But yeah, Foxball ****ed us over yesterday. Complete horse ****.

ChampJesusBailey
01-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Well the Falcons kind of HAD to throw and get a FG considering they were losing.

But yeah, Foxball ****ed us over yesterday. Complete horse ****.

go_broncos
He plays scared and thinks it's 1970/80.
Still thinks it's correct..He is like Marty.

wolf754life
the irony, oh man, the agony, it is so real.............. its only nfl football, but my goodness the football Gods are sticking it in our face

hades
01-13-2013, 01:32 PM
the irony, oh man, the agony, it is so real.............. its only nfl football, but my goodness the football Gods are sticking it in our face

This stupid song is now stuck in my head.

This is how we do it, la la la yeah yeah...

TheReverend
01-13-2013, 01:34 PM

You got a hair trigger with Broncos coaches man Ha!

R8R H8R
01-13-2013, 01:36 PM
That hurt to watch. Some people will try to tell you that since they were down by one the situations don't compare. Those people are ****heads

If you really don't know the difference between the 2 situations, you are the one who is the ****head. Not saying Fox made the right call, just saying one situation forces you to go for it, you have no choice, and the other is a choice.

Yes, in hindsight, he made the wrong choice, but that is what you get with Fox; conservative football.

Goobzilla
01-13-2013, 01:39 PM

If you really don't know the difference between the 2 situations, you are the one who is the ****head. Not saying Fox made the right call, just saying one situation forces you to go for it, you have no choice, and the other is a choice.

Yes, in hindsight, he made the wrong choice, but that is what you get with Fox; conservative football.
Your adopt a Bronco is a slightly bigger loser than you are.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-13-2013, 01:39 PM

Fox coaches afraid. When I say that I mean he thinks of the worst in a situation that arises, such as having half a minute with 2 timeouts. He's thinking about his team turning it over to lose the game right there. Instead of thinking of trying to win it.

That's the definition of a mediocre coach using regular season tactics in a playoff game.

TheReverend
01-13-2013, 01:42 PM

I still miss your Rod Farva avatar.

Armchair Bronco
01-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Great, great game.

Disappointed with the outcome but not with the effort or the coaching.

I wish that Lynch hadn't scored so quickly on 1st and goal from the 1 foot yard line. Also wish there hadn't been that 12 men on the field penalty that gave the Hawks an extra 2-3 yards. I was almost hoping that Carroll would have had Wilson take a knee on first down just to chew up more of the clock.

But I'm not second-guessing the coach. He called a great game, and the Hawks almost pulled out an epic win.

colorado jones
01-13-2013, 01:47 PM
While I hated that and the the 3rd and 7 run call, along with a few other 3rd down runs, it's super easy to second guess with hindsight.

Fox has done largely a very good job in Denver and while the sting of the loss is still fresh, we should appreciate that more. A LOT of factors went into this loss that go beyond coaching (I do freely agree and admit we were out-coached yesterday, though)

In the CONTEXT of yesterday's game...those 3rd down runs were the absolute wrong calls.

I do agree that it was way more than just those calls tho.

troya900
01-13-2013, 01:48 PM

Whatever how should it even be a damn choice it's not. You paid a freaking legend QB almost 100m dollars for situations just like this. To take it out of his hands and not at least TRY for the winning FG is utterly retarded. Yeah I can see if it's Tebow back there, but it's not it was one of the top QB's of all time in there. Just INEXCUSABLE.

ozomulsion
01-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Pete Carrol just cost his team the game by calling a TO on that first FG that was missed. haha dumbazz

R8R H8R
01-13-2013, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=R8R H8R;3780232]

So says the loser with the Mitch Erickson (really?)adoption and doesn't know the difference between go for it or go home, and don't go for it and go to overtime.

RhymesayersDU
01-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Fox coaches afraid. When I say that I mean he thinks of the worst in a situation that arises, such as having half a minute with 2 timeouts. He's thinking about his team turning it over to lose the game right there. Instead of thinking of trying to win it.

That's the definition of a mediocre coach using regular season tactics in a playoff game.

I wonder if Jake Delhomme permanently scarred John Fox.

TheReverend
01-13-2013, 01:51 PM
In the CONTEXT of yesterday's game...those 3rd down runs were the absolute wrong calls.

I do agree that it was way more than just those calls tho.

Oh I agree. I would much rather go for the kill than play passively.

My point is that Fox has largely done a good job and that it's easier to armchair second guess in our position.

NickStixx
01-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Yep... that's how it's done Fox! You have one of the greatest QB's of all time on your team. Big WR's and TWO timeouts! You HAVE to try and go for the win. Playing for OT? What a joke John Fox...

maher_tyler
01-13-2013, 01:53 PM

Exactly. Fox does not have a pair. He tucked his tail between his legs and kneeled the ball to send the game to OT. One of the worst coaching decisions I've ever seen!

CEH
01-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Yep... that's how it's done Fox! You have one of the greatest QB's of all time on your team. Big WR's and TWO timeouts! You HAVE to try and go for the win. Playing for OT? What a joke John Fox...

All Fox knows about OT playoff football are 70/80 yard TDs in his favor

See Pitts '10 and Rams '03

Jekyll15Hyde
01-13-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm hoping Fox saw it and let it sink in. Some people are stuck in their ways though.

This

colorado jones
01-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Oh I agree. I would much rather go for the kill than play passively.

My point is that Fox has largely done a good job and that it's easier to armchair second guess in our position.

Totally agree about Fox.

Without rampant armchair QBing and GMing, the mane would cease to exist.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Its apples and oranges, but yes, I would have liked to see us at least try a pass.

By the way, my angle was poor, but at the end of the first half (if im remembering correctly), DT was wide open and had a drop on a tough catch. Was he just going in the wrong direction? Bad throw?

ozomulsion
01-13-2013, 02:44 PM
Its apples and oranges, but yes, I would have liked to see us at least try a pass.

By the way, my angle was poor, but at the end of the first half (if im remembering correctly), DT was wide open and had a drop on a tough catch. Was he just going in the wrong direction? Bad throw?

A simple drop.

Gutless Drunk
01-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Houston just got the ball with 24 seconds until halftime with two timeouts.

Take a knee?

Nope. Three passes and a 55 yard field goal to cut the lead to 4

ND Bronco Fan
01-13-2013, 03:13 PM
To add insult to injury Houston just did it too to get a field goal

WolfpackGuy
01-13-2013, 03:18 PM

The one out towards the numbers and he had to sorta dive for it?

If that's the one you're speaking of, it wasn't a "good" throw, but he probably should've come up with it.

He appeared to be leaning inside, but the pass went low and outside.

Wes Mantooth
01-13-2013, 03:19 PM
They were loosing. What else were they going to do?

go_broncos
01-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Fox has coached for so many years...he should know it by now.
Still thinks this as 70/80's football..
He still think it's correct decision and was happy that our team is Elite eight.

KipCorrington25
01-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Even if we did Prater going for the clutch win:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs7/3270456_o.gif

DENVERDUI55
01-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Speaking of the Falcons did you guys see the mistake Mike Smith made by calling the TO with 14 seconds left instead of letting clock wind down to 3 seconds or so? That gave Seattle a hail mary at the end.

Ratboy
01-13-2013, 05:42 PM
That was tough to watch.

I'm curious what leadership will say about it. Will there be an escape goat? I could see McCoy being forced out.

Broncos4Life
01-13-2013, 06:32 PM
That was tough to watch.

I'm curious what leadership will say about it. Will there be an escape goat? I could see McCoy being forced out.

Yep. Me too. Like everyone else here and everyone I've talked too. How do you not go for the win with a HOF QB that can get the job done????

If Fox' dip **** ass doesn't learn from this, we'll never win in the post season. Hit us with the Herm Edwards again please!!!!!

LRtagger
01-13-2013, 06:33 PM
A simple drop.

Uh no. Manning was pressured and it was a bad throw.

g6matty
01-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Image removed

Not appropriate.

extralife
01-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Honestly, the 3rd and 7 call wasn't awful. You guys are acting as if it was a given that a pass would get the first and a zero percent proposition that the run would. In reality the pass in that situation is maybe 35%, the run maybe 10 or 15%. the difference in time between a failed pass and a failed run is 35 seconds. we punted the ball, giving the Ravens less than a minute to go the length of the field with zero timeouts against our pass rush and pass defense. we had closed out several games this year with that same kind of strategy. it is by no means a horrible call. maybe we should have tried to ice it, but maybe we shouldn't have allowed a ****ing receiver to get behind everyone with 30 seconds left in a ****ing ball game, and maybe we should have got an ounce of pressure on the QB on that same play. those were supposed to be two of our strengths. they let us down.

go_broncos
01-13-2013, 09:27 PM
I will say this again -- Bad things will happen when you play scared.
Multiple times..we got lead..What did fox do?
He kept on running the ball..
We never tried to make it 10/14 point game.
History has shown that his style of play won't work and most of the time we will be in losing end.
Just look at SEA and SF..They just don't show mercy..
Fox is similar to Marty. Even after today, fox believes his style of play works.

There is a reason why these type of coaches never win playoff games.
Please don't support Fox..It never should have come down to Rahim Moore.
This year it's Rahim..next year it will be some one else..
This is how marty's team used to lose in playoffs.

El Guapo
01-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Good for you guys for even watching the games today. I think I watched a total of 5 seconds and got sick to my stomach.

NUB
01-13-2013, 11:12 PM
My biggest reservations for the hiring of both Fox and Manning came to fruition in this damn game.

Fox is not a stupid coach, his understanding of defense is sharp, but this is the kind of crap that will keep the rings off your finger. Baltimore was so obviously in control of the game, and 2-return TDs withstanding they would have been sitting prettier, and yet Fox still sat on his goddam hands instead of playing to win. The momentum was shifting clear in the other direction... there were multiple moments Denver should have attempted to end the game but didn't. I had zero faith going into overtime.

Manning is a brilliant QB, but he blows in playoffs and blows even worse in cold weather -- aka, Denver come playoff time. His play didn't surprise me in the slightest. His playoff record is atrocious compared to his regular season pedigree, and he's tallied another one-and-done to his rap sheet with the turd he dropped Saturday. Barring two Superbowl runs, one of which was pretty much the work of Bob Sanders, Manning is a pedestrian playoff performer. Seeing him get happy feet and fumble and throw picks, particularly the errant WTF one that lost the game, just didn't surprise me.

These two weren't the sole reasons Denver lost. Not even close. That was a trainwreck of bull**** from every angle. I don't even think the game was anywhere near as close as the score indicated and Denver was lucky to even be in it. But it was goddam disappointing to see old habits come to life from both of these men. And ****ing annoying as **** to see it happen when Denver otherwise had the most well rounded team in all of the playoffs. We were thinking about getting tickets in Denver to watch Manning/Brady showdown for an epic, HoF matchup, instead Joe Flacco marches by and ****ing damn it ruined my weekend.

Armchair Bronco
01-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Honestly, the 3rd and 7 call wasn't awful. You guys are acting as if it was a given that a pass would get the first and a zero percent proposition that the run would. In reality the pass in that situation is maybe 35%, the run maybe 10 or 15%. the difference in time between a failed pass and a failed run is 35 seconds. we punted the ball, giving the Ravens less than a minute to go the length of the field with zero timeouts against our pass rush and pass defense. we had closed out several games this year with that same kind of strategy. it is by no means a horrible call. maybe we should have tried to ice it, but maybe we shouldn't have allowed a ****ing receiver to get behind everyone with 30 seconds left in a ****ing ball game, and maybe we should have got an ounce of pressure on the QB on that same play. those were supposed to be two of our strengths. they let us down.

Wrong. Our coaching staff (and perhaps even Manning) decided *NOT* to ice the game with a first down. Instead, they ran Hillman 3 straight times right up the middle for a total of 2, 1, and zero yards, respectively.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013011200/2012/POST19/ravens@broncos#menu=highlights&tab=analyze&recap=fullstory&analyze=playbyplay

That pathetic series was a microcosm of Fox's ultra-mega-conservative (aka p***Y) game philosophy and of Manning's p***Y play in the playoffs. Fox decided to chew up time on the clock instead of winning the game outright. Just read this article from the 1997 season and you'll see the difference between Fox's view of "3rd and 7" and Shanny & Elway's interpretation of "3rd and 6" with the game on the line.

http://extras.denverpost.com/broncos/afc1.htm

In the playoffs, "you play to win the game". Unless you're Fox or Manning. In which case, you either call for *or* audible into a shameful run up the middle, asking the NFL's youngest player to carry the burden while your $90 million man does nothing.

If that's all these clowns had planned at the game's pivotal moment (following a long TV timeout no less), then why not bring in Brock Osweiler and let him get some playoff experience handing off to Hillman?

Archer81
01-14-2013, 12:16 AM
I will say this again -- 1.Bad things will happen when you play scared.
Multiple times..we got lead..What did fox do?
He kept on running the ball..
We never tried to make it 10/14 point game.
History has shown that his style of play won't work and most of the time we will be in losing end.
2. Just look at SEA and SF..They just don't show mercy..
Fox is similar to Marty. Even after today, fox believes his style of play works.

There is a reason why these type of coaches never win playoff games.
Please don't support Fox..It never should have come down to Rahim Moore.
This year it's Rahim..next year it will be some one else..
This is how marty's team used to lose in playoffs.

1. Only thing you said that I remotely agree with. Then you kept going and added "scared".

2. SF and Sea also have dominant ground games...and in SF's case, rode that ground game to a playoff win in the divisional round...you know, because if you have a lead late in the game, that is what you do.

Only on the Mane can a HC be on the job two years, have two division titles and two playoff appearances and that is not good enough. Its constantly pointed out about the talent deficiency the team had going into Fox's tenure and some of you are offended that a lack of depth or outright talent caught up to the Broncos. Couple that with bad play and sloppy football and no **** its a loss. I suppose if Manning had thrown a pass on 3rd and 7, had it picked and taken back for a TD you same people would be complaining about why Fox let Manning throw the ball with Denver up.

Unreal.

:Broncos:

troya900
01-14-2013, 12:55 AM
1. Only thing you said that I remotely agree with. Then you kept going and added "scared".

2. SF and Sea also have dominant ground games...and in SF's case, rode that ground game to a playoff win in the divisional round...you know, because if you have a lead late in the game, that is what you do.

Only on the Mane can a HC be on the job two years, have two division titles and two playoff appearances and that is not good enough. Its constantly pointed out about the talent deficiency the team had going into Fox's tenure and some of you are offended that a lack of depth or outright talent caught up to the Broncos. Couple that with bad play and sloppy football and no **** its a loss. I suppose if Manning had thrown a pass on 3rd and 7, had it picked and taken back for a TD you same people would be complaining about why Fox let Manning throw the ball with Denver up.

Unreal.

How is it unreal to you? Look Fox's style of play WILL NOT CHANGE. I'd rather he get **** canned now while there still may be a year or 2 left in Manning rather than ride out Mannings career with that pussy ass fck fox as head coach fcking up decisions in crucial moments of the game because he doesn't have the fcking balls to try and WIN THE GAME.

extralife
01-14-2013, 01:01 AM
Wrong. Our coaching staff (and perhaps even Manning) decided *NOT* to ice the game with a first down. Instead, they ran Hillman 3 straight times right up the middle for a total of 2, 1, and zero yards, respectively.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013011200/2012/POST19/ravens@broncos#menu=highlights&tab=analyze&recap=fullstory&analyze=playbyplay

That pathetic series was a microcosm of Fox's ultra-mega-conservative (aka p***Y) game philosophy and of Manning's p***Y play in the playoffs. Fox decided to chew up time on the clock instead of winning the game outright. Just read this article from the 1997 season and you'll see the difference between Fox's view of "3rd and 7" and Shanny & Elway's interpretation of "3rd and 6" with the game on the line.

http://extras.denverpost.com/broncos/afc1.htm

In the playoffs, "you play to win the game". Unless you're Fox or Manning. In which case, you either call for *or* audible into a shameful run up the middle, asking the NFL's youngest player to carry the burden while your $90 million man does nothing.

If that's all these clowns had planned at the game's pivotal moment (following a long TV timeout no less), then why not bring in Brock Osweiler and let him get some playoff experience handing off to Hillman?

nice job not addressing a single word of what I said.

Blart
01-14-2013, 01:09 AM
I couldn't even watch football today. Don't think I'll be able to watch next week either.

ZONA
01-14-2013, 01:32 AM
More so, KM was not in the game so I don't understand the run plays called. You can't just run Hester into the back of your linemen. They were totally playing the run. I know Fox wanted to keep the clock running but I sure wish we could have been more creative. Try and quick side pass and let the WR try and get something in space. Those are basically like run plays. Very short, safe pass and you let the WR try to break a tackle.

go_broncos
01-14-2013, 04:22 AM
Atleast try passing the ball during 1st and 2nd down...
**** you fox..you are making us suffer

go_broncos
01-14-2013, 04:25 AM

Unreal.

If Fox doesn't trust Manning..then why the heck he came here??
Why are we paying that much money to manning?
See..how coaches are allowing QB's to throw the ball..
I am amazed that you still support Fox.
There are many instances where we got chance to be up by more than 7 points.Yet, we continue to run the ball..

BroncoBeavis
01-14-2013, 04:44 AM
Speaking of the Falcons did you guys see the mistake Mike Smith made by calling the TO with 14 seconds left instead of letting clock wind down to 3 seconds or so? That gave Seattle a hail mary at the end.

In the heat of the moment he was probably thinking about another play to get closer then thought it wasn't worth the risk of ending a play in bounds. Understandable.

The following onside style kick though. Not sure what the hell that was.

eddie mac
01-14-2013, 04:59 AM

They never had a choice though, they were out if they sat on the ball.