PDA

View Full Version : PFM doesn't want to talk about it

Goobzilla
01-13-2013, 01:32 PM
According to Gary Miller tweet.

"PM elected not to talk to media on getaway day. He left it to teammates to explain agonizing loss. Von, Champ, Decker among standup guys."

Do not like

Goobzilla
01-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Supposedly gave a 1 on 1 to the DP before skipping town. Probably throwing him softballs the entire time

Bronco Yoda
01-13-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm thinking he may not be a fan of digging foxholes when the going gets tough.

KipCorrington25
01-13-2013, 01:37 PM
We'll have a great regular season next year though... Hilarious!

OABB
01-13-2013, 01:37 PM
I don't blame him. This town hates you when you win a playoff game, he must be terrified.

bronco militia
01-13-2013, 01:45 PM
I don't blame him. This town hates you when you win a playoff game, he must be terrified.

Wtf are you babling about?

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-13-2013, 01:49 PM
I'd be upset too if I was told not to do my job in the most critical time. Convert a 1st down and you win. Lay down and give up you lose.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Oh who cares.

spdirty
01-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Whatever. WTF is he gonna say to make us feel any better? Refs screwed us? Fox choked? Moore choked? Champ choked? He choked?

It is what it is. I don't care who wants to or doesn't want to explain it away. Is it suppose to magically make him awesome if he decides to say it was all his fault? I don't care.

****in guy busted his ass to get to this point. Probably busted harder than any of us could imagine just to get back to playing shape. I'm not gonna put the blame on Manning for it. To me the lion's share of the blame goes to Fox and Moore.

So let Manning go away and take a long 2 month vacation to clear his head. Then come back and try again I guess. I spose that's where we go from here.

RedskinBronco
01-13-2013, 01:56 PM
well this spiraled badly pretty quick

OABB
01-13-2013, 02:10 PM
well this spiraled badly pretty quick

Wrong newb....

its "well that escalated quickly".

OABB
01-13-2013, 02:11 PM

What are you babbling about? What is a babling?

Goobzilla
01-13-2013, 02:15 PM
I don't think it's too much to ask the $16m/yr face of the franchise to stand united with his teammates after a devastating loss. Even Rahim Moore didn't hide. I don't care what he would have said, just be there.

gunns
01-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Whatever. WTF is he gonna say to make us feel any better? Refs screwed us? Fox choked? Moore choked? Champ choked? He choked?

It is what it is. I don't care who wants to or doesn't want to explain it away. Is it suppose to magically make him awesome if he decides to say it was all his fault? I don't care.

****in guy busted his ass to get to this point. Probably busted harder than any of us could imagine just to get back to playing shape. I'm not gonna put the blame on Manning for it. To me the lion's share of the blame goes to Fox and Moore.

So let Manning go away and take a long 2 month vacation to clear his head. Then come back and try again I guess. I spose that's where we go from here.

Agreed, probably feeling like Elway after Jacksonville. I hope not.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Prolly didn't want to answer such questions:

"Is Champ too old to play corner?"

"Is Rahim really that stupid?"

"Is Fox scared to win or what?"

"What the shiat was up with the officiating?"

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2013, 02:38 PM
I don't think it's too much to ask the $16m/yr face of the franchise to stand united with his teammates after a devastating loss. Even Rahim Moore didn't hide. I don't care what he would have said, just be there.

Much ado about nothing. Mountains out of molehills. Etc.

I'm guessing his interview with the Post is an exclusive. But you should definitely keep making something out of nothing.

Goobzilla
01-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Much ado about nothing. Mountains out of molehills. Etc.

I'm guessing his interview with the Post is an exclusive. But you should definitely keep making something out of nothing.

Ok, whatever. Is Manning a hired gun or a Denver Bronco?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Ok, whatever. Is Manning a hired gun or a Denver Bronco?

I think he's a quarterback. He's been hired by the Denver Broncos. Before, he'd been hired by the Indianapolis Colts.

See how that works? I know it's extremely confusing.

ant1999e
01-13-2013, 02:47 PM

Uh, sorry I let you down. I promise to work twice as hard next season. Thank you to our fans for their support
If he's the leader of this team, then he should be there with his team mates.

Tom A Hawk
01-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Prolly didn't want to answer such questions:

"Is Champ too old to play corner?"

"Is Rahim really that stupid?"

"Is Fox scared to win or what?"

"What the shiat was up with the officiating?"

"your arm sure looked raggy today...you o.k?"
"your aim was off, have you seen an eye doctor?"
"have your hands shrunk, you seem to have difficulty hanging on to the ball"

ozomulsion
01-13-2013, 02:51 PM
I'd be upset too if I was told not to do my job in the most critical time. Convert a 1st down and you win. Lay down and give up you lose.

Manning said himself that HE audibled to that run play.

peacepipe
01-13-2013, 02:58 PM

He can't deal with the fact that teblow is a bust.

maher_tyler
01-13-2013, 03:08 PM

It wasn't so much the run play as it was taking a knee when there was 30 seconds and 2 timeouts left. It was one of the worst coaching decisions I have ever seen.

OABB
01-13-2013, 03:09 PM

I could if that were true. I could deal with anything that is true. Its too early to say, unless you are stupid.

winstoncup bronco
01-13-2013, 03:11 PM
It wasn't so much the run play as it was taking a knee when there was 30 seconds and 2 timeouts left. It was one of the worst coaching decisions I have ever seen.

I wish someone would ask Fox how much time in that situation does he need to make a run at scoring. 45 seconds? A minute? How much time does he need to decide not to take a knee there?

bombay
01-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Who gives a ****.

SlyEli
01-13-2013, 03:15 PM
I can't blame him..I don't wanna talk about this any more..I'm sure from his perspective, when this is his life, his profession, he wants to talk about it even less

peacepipe
01-13-2013, 03:16 PM
I could if that were true. I could deal with anything that is true. Its too early to say, unless you are stupid.

Stupid is not realizing the fact that if teblow were capable,he'd still be Denver's QB. Denver would not have tried for Manning if teblow had shown he more than a gimmick.

ant1999e
01-13-2013, 03:17 PM
I can't blame him..I don't wanna talk about this any more..I'm sure from his perspective, when this is his life, his profession, he wants to talk about it even less

So why are you here? Seriously.

RedEyedJeti
01-13-2013, 03:19 PM
What a joke of a fanbase. :welcome:

go_broncos
01-13-2013, 03:22 PM
What a joke of a fanbase. :welcome:

much better than colts..your owner cut him though he won the SB and playoff's in Indy..

cabronco
01-13-2013, 03:28 PM

I think that question that was asked was confusing to Manning and others, he asked which series, than he said one he made the audible and it sounded like the prior series when you could clearly hear him change the play to ARROW, which sounded like a dead give away to me, because Hillman got the handoff straight up the gut for a couple. That one for sure he audibled, last series Im not so sure.....doesnt seem like PFM would do with the game on the line but Im not sure?

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 03:36 PM
I think that question that was asked was confusing to Manning and others, he asked which series, than he said one he made the audible and it sounded like the prior series when you could clearly hear him change the play to ARROW, which sounded like a dead give away to me, because Hillman got the handoff straight up the gut for a couple. That one for sure he audibled, last series Im not so sure.....doesnt seem like PFM would do with the game on the line but Im not sure?

yeah this is out of my ass, but i dont think he audibled out of a pass play on 3rd and 7 then. And honestly, I'm not hating on that call. I know i sound like a broken record, but when Flacco threw that long bomb, the Ravens win chances were at 2.8 percent.

At the time i was hating the call, I'd prefer that Peyton try to win the game there, but it wasn't the worst call in the world.

Smilin Assassin
01-13-2013, 03:40 PM
He answered all questions at the post-game podium last night.

No reason to do it again.

Lord knows he'll get the same questions when he comes back for camps in the spring anyway, why answer them 3 times?

WolfpackGuy
01-13-2013, 03:49 PM
yeah this is out of my ass, but i dont think he audibled out of a pass play on 3rd and 7 then. And honestly, I'm not hating on that call. I know i sound like a broken record, but when Flacco threw that long bomb, the Ravens win chances were at 2.8 percent.

At the time i was hating the call, I'd prefer that Peyton try to win the game there, but it wasn't the worst call in the world.

Yeah, keeping the clock going was the absolutely right move in that since the Ratbirds were out of timeouts.

I'm surprised more people haven't brought up the short punt by Colquitt.

I know you don't want to get too greedy, but damn, a touchback won't kill you in that situation.

I think Jones ended up fair catching it around the 20 anyway.

spdirty
01-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Uh, sorry I let you down. I promise to work twice as hard next season. Thank you to our fans for their support
If he's the leader of this team, then he should be there with his team mates.

Yeah that would have made all the difference. Really man, who gives a ****. The season's over. Manning had us in a position to host the AFCCG. He didn't **** that up, Moore and Fox did. Manning is just fine in my book. Even with the pick. Shouldn't have come down to that. The team let him down.

DENVERDUI55
01-13-2013, 04:58 PM
He would say anytime you have a guy blow a coverage and give up big plays 3 times it is hard to win.

At the end of the day we came up short.

orinjkrush
01-13-2013, 05:16 PM
better to say nothing than to say something negative, that may come back to haunt you.

good play PFM.

ColoradoDarin
01-13-2013, 08:14 PM
I understand why he didn't, he would probably have said something like, "I'm trying to be a good teammate here, but let's just say we had some safety issues out there today."

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 08:22 PM
He said a lot in the dpo article and it was very classy

Jetmeck
01-13-2013, 09:03 PM

Your an ass.

Tebow could have handed off three times or even run it himself.

We paid , maybe overpaid for a guy to CONVERT THIRD DOWNS !!

peacepipe
01-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Your an ass.

Tebow could have handed off three times or even run it himself.

We paid , maybe overpaid for a guy to CONVERT THIRD DOWNS !!

He converted quite a lot of 3rd downs,hell he probably converted more 3rd downs in his first 3 games with us than tebow did his entire career with us.

ant1999e
01-13-2013, 09:53 PM
He converted quite a lot of 3rd downs,hell he probably converted more 3rd downs in his first 3 games with us than tebow did his entire career with us.

We just needed him to convert a 3rd and 7. Our season was on the line. He failed. **** all of the other 3rd downs.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 10:03 PM
We just needed him to convert a 3rd and 7. Our season was on the line. He failed. **** all of the other 3rd downs.

If handing off was him failing, then sure, i guess he "failed."

But for the umpteenth time, the Broncos had a 97.2 percent chance of winning the game before Flacco took that snap and heaved the hail mary. Blame the QB all you want, but blame the defense and all the big plays they gave up first.

peacepipe
01-13-2013, 10:12 PM

Our defense doesn't choke,we're not in the need of a conversion. Manning & STs put up 35 points,our offense wasn't the problem.

Popps
01-13-2013, 10:26 PM
Wow. Gonna be a long offseason. This argument is eerily familiar.

spdirty
01-14-2013, 09:16 AM
I understand why he didn't, he would probably have said something like, "I'm trying to be a good teammate here, but let's just say we had some safety issues out there today."

And I wouldn't blame him one bit if he did say that.

BroncoBeavis
01-14-2013, 09:27 AM
I wish someone would ask Fox how much time in that situation does he need to make a run at scoring. 45 seconds? A minute? How much time does he need to decide not to take a knee there?

"Well I figured I was batting a thousand in the playoffs in overtime as a Bronco so anything I could do to get back there would lock this thing up."

BroncoBeavis
01-14-2013, 09:31 AM
Our defense doesn't choke,we're not in the need of a conversion. Manning & STs put up 35 points,our offense wasn't the problem.

21 offensive points and 17 points off turnovers? You don't see that as any kind of offense problem? You won't win in the playoffs with those totals. 14 special teams point is great but its a one in a hundred type fortune that we squandered in every other facet of the game.

MplsBronco
01-14-2013, 11:04 AM
If handing off was him failing, then sure, i guess he "failed."

But for the umpteenth time, the Broncos had a 97.2 percent chance of winning the game before Flacco took that snap and heaved the hail mary. Blame the QB all you want, but blame the defense and all the big plays they gave up first.

Just curious, what was our percent chance of winning if we got one more first down?

winstoncup bronco
01-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Just curious, what was our percent chance of winning if we got one more first down?

Exactly.

Apparently 97.2 isn't a high enough number since they went ahead and scored anyway.

But as to your question, I believe that answer would be 100%

ColoradoDarin
01-14-2013, 11:09 AM
And I wouldn't blame him one bit if he did say that.

Did you get the reference?

SonOfLe-loLang
01-14-2013, 11:12 AM

What kind of question is that?

What were the broncos chances of winning if we had scored 100 points in the third quarter?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-14-2013, 11:15 AM
Just as I said: The Post had an exclusive interview lined up with him.

Just as I (also) said: This is much ado about nothing.