PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Fire Fox for Kyle Shanahan?

fwf
01-13-2013, 11:34 AM
One or the other.. who would you prefer? Fox or Shanahan.

Agamemnon
01-13-2013, 11:52 AM
I don't like either option...

go_broncos
01-13-2013, 11:53 AM
I prefer Fox over Kyle Shanahan..
Can we hire Norv Turner and fire Mccoy

rbackfactory80
01-13-2013, 11:55 AM
As much as I hated how Fox called that game, and as much as I hate his conservative style, and as much as I don't expect him to change, I do think he should get one more year. Not for the reason to be head coach though, I just think he will add some meat to this team in the offseason. Then give him his shot and hopefully he grows some balls and reaches out for glory next year.

broncocalijohn
01-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Can we be anymore biased when starting this thread? Nice way of putting the options. How did Shanahan do as OC during last week's playoff game?

broncocalijohn
01-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Can we be anymore biased when starting this thread? Nice way of putting the options. How did Shanahan do as OC during last week's playoff game?

Rohirrim
01-13-2013, 11:56 AM
http://www.barrett.com.au/blogs/SalesBlog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/not-really-listening-300x217.jpg

Bronco Yoda
01-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Wut?

gunns
01-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Where's the "are you ****ing kidding me" option?

lolcopter
01-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Board has gone full retard mode

Ridiculous

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Kyle shanahan?? Are you serious?

bronco militia
01-13-2013, 12:04 PM
sounds good to me....I've been down on fox since the last patriots game.

cmhargrove
01-13-2013, 12:16 PM

Ridiculous

Agreed, much is the whining about our team that went from the second worst to the first seed in 2 years. Some bitches (or sum-bitches) need to get a grip. We will see what Elway does with this one, just take a breath and look at where we came from last year.

We are already shopping for a new Offensive Coordinator, and have a chance to fix the conservative calls right there. Fox is doing a fine job, and he needs to learn from this as well.

theAPAOps5
01-13-2013, 12:18 PM
Man some stupid ****s are starting threads today.

Toshiro Takashi
01-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Fox is doing a fine job, and he needs to learn from this as well.

Learn from what? Foxy has been a head coach for 12 seasons. You cant teach an old dog new tricks. He is what he is.

sisterhellfyre
01-13-2013, 12:21 PM

Ditto, what she said.

BroncoBen
01-13-2013, 12:22 PM
You mean Kyle ' don't talk to me about nepotism ' Shannahan ?

fwf
01-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Agreed, much is the whining about our team that went from the second worst to the first seed in 2 years. Some b****es (or sum-b****es) need to get a grip. We will see what Elway does with this one, just take a breath and look at where we came from last year.

We are already shopping for a new Offensive Coordinator, and have a chance to fix the conservative calls right there. Fox is doing a fine job, and he needs to learn from this as well.

Shut up. Our schedule was a cake walk after the Pats game.
And did you even watch the game yesterday?? Have we really come soo far??

Honestly, the WR's and TE's are the only groups considerable better then they were last season.

spdirty
01-13-2013, 12:28 PM
LOL your asking that question today. But yeah, I voted for Kyle.

I'll take any coach with balls or who might have balls because his dad has balls over what we have.

TheReverend
01-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Kyle would never come here after the bull**** Pat pulled on his dad.

theAPAOps5
01-13-2013, 12:46 PM

Thank god. Not because he stood up for his dad, but because he is not a HC...... Yet.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-13-2013, 12:46 PM

Honestly, the WR's and TE's are the only groups considerable better then they were last season.

Have you even watched this year? To say WRs and TEs are the only thing better? How about an entire defense that got better. How many sacks did the Oline give up last year? This year? I won't even go into the QB position getting better. JDR > Allen. I can keep going.

Quit being a broncos fan.

cmhargrove
01-13-2013, 12:47 PM

Shut up, good one. Man, that's brilliant.

No one controls their schedule, you play the games they tell you to play. We worked our schedule extremely well until yesterday. Improved as the season went on, swept the division, got home field advantage for the playoffs. Can't do much better than that with the schedule. Even if you go undefeated, you still just get the number one seed and home field.

Was 13-3 better than last year's 8-8. I say yes by a mile.
Did our defense look better because we extended offensive drives, scored more points, and had better time of posession? yes.
Did we finish statistically much better defensively and offensively including leading the NFl in sacks? Yes.

Did we know at the beginning of the season we still didn't have a complete roster? Absolutely. This team did an extremely good job with several "replacement parts" at key positions. With another offseason, hopefully we get more of those issues fixed.

We played a horrible game, it hurts. Our kicker ****ed up, our starting (second string) running back got injured and left us to pound the rock with a lightweight rookie. Our young free safety choked on an easy play. It happened. Don't blame that **** on Fox, it's just assinine.

TheReverend
01-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Thank god. Not because he stood up for his dad, but because he is not a HC...... Yet.

Well you're an amazing coaching evaluator, so we'll all just take your word for it.

Do me a favor and finish this sentence:

"I think Kyle Shanahan isn't ready but McDaniels was because _________"

orangenblue
01-13-2013, 01:17 PM

your an idiot. The defense led the league with 52 sacks, #2 in scoring defense, and #2 in total defense.

SoCalBronco
01-13-2013, 01:18 PM

Agreed. He would never come here...at any point. I was hoping he would get the Chicago job but it looks like they will hire Trestman.

fwf
01-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Kyle shanahan?? Are you serious?

Yeah. Listen to anyone in the know and they'll tell you the wash offense was one of the most innovative in the league. He's been promoted at every stop. He will be a hc. You can bet on it.

TheReverend
01-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Agreed. He would never come here...at any point. I was hoping he would get the Chicago job but it looks like they will hire Trestman.

I'm confident Snyder is working out a succession plan for whenever pops hangs it up.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Could this thread be dumber?

No?

Okay, just thought I'd ask.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Yeah. Listen to anyone in the know and they'll tell you the wash offense was one of the most innovative in the league. He's been promoted at every stop. He will be a hc. You can bet on it.

Is it hard being this stupid? I mean, do you have to set an alarm to remind you to breathe?

fwf
01-13-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm confident Snyder is working out a succession plan for whenever pops hangs it up.

Likemshany is bear Bryant ? Shut up. Kyle will be a hc after next season for an afc
team. Jets or bengals come to mind.

DENVERDUI55
01-13-2013, 08:45 PM

He would have a sweet pad to live in.

gunns
01-13-2013, 08:53 PM

Good. Just what we need, another offensive minded coach. :unamused:

SoCalBronco
01-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Good. Just what we need, another offensive minded coach. :unamused:

Because a defensive minded coach sure helped our defense execute basic end of game principles in the playoffs?

Right?

UberBroncoMan
01-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Kyle isn't ready. If Fox hasn't learned from this national embarrassment by next year, then we can talk firing.

Fox is already half way through his contract. After the next he'll only have one year left at $3.5 million which is a far easier pill for ownership to swallow.

DENVERDUI55
01-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Because a defensive minded coach sure helped our defense execute basic end of game principles in the playoffs?

Right?

True but at some point it comes down to the players making plays.

fwf
01-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Kyle isn't ready. If Fox hasn't learned from this national embarrassment by next year, then we can talk firing.

Fox is already half way through his contract. After the next he'll only have one year left at $3.5 million which is a far easier pill for ownership to swallow.

The only thing keeping Kyle from being a hc is the fact that he looks 25. Pat has given total authority to John and when ever he wants to make a change at hc hell be able to

theAPAOps5
01-13-2013, 09:45 PM

Right?

Raheem the Bad Dream Moore. Ugh, I have no voice and frostbite and nothing thanks to that **** face.

SoCalBronco
01-13-2013, 09:49 PM
True but at some point it comes down to the players making plays.

I agree with you but this is no regular play dude. This is something very basic. Something that is stopped 90 some percent of the time. HTF can you have an admittedly great DC and a defensive HC and you have 3 guys back deep and they complete the bomb? That's very basic.....they don't have to be brilliant to teach guys how to stop that throw in that kind of a defense. There is no excuse for them not having their guys taught how to play it properly.

UberBroncoMan
01-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Raheem the Bad Dream Moore. Ugh, I have no voice and frostbite and nothing thanks to that **** face.

I honestly believe Moore will take it to a completely new level next year. His first year he was complete ****. This year was a vast improvement during the regular season. He seems like someone who's going to take this pain and embarrassment and use it to learn and become better.

theAPAOps5
01-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Well you're an amazing coaching evaluator, so we'll all just take your word for it.

Do me a favor and finish this sentence:

"I think Kyle Shanahan isn't ready but McDaniels was because _________"

Never said I was an amazing coach evaluator so not sure where the asshole comment is coming from.

I think Kyle will be an amazing coach but I don't think he is ready. That is definitely one thing I learned from the McD debacle. Better not to hire too early.

theAPAOps5
01-13-2013, 10:04 PM
I honestly believe Moore will take it to a completely new level next year. His first year he was complete ****. This year was a vast improvement during the regular season. He seems like someone who's going to take this pain and embarrassment and use it to learn and become better.

I am angry and irrational right now. I am sure in a few years I will stop booing him........ :)

SlyEli
01-13-2013, 10:11 PM

agree with this. although I think he needs to put on a lot of muscle in the offseason, too.

canadianbroncosfan
01-13-2013, 10:35 PM

Ridiculous

Don't blame the board, the OP is not a representative of the vast majority.

Btw fwf, where is the "It wouldn't matter who our coach was if DeAngelo Williams could've come in for Knowshon" option?

Drunk Monkey
01-13-2013, 11:30 PM
I think we should bring back Wade Phillips. Because bla bla bla full retard bla bla bla

Cito Pelon
01-13-2013, 11:47 PM

That's what I was thinking.

Pick Six
01-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Fox shouldn't be fired. I hope that Elway had a private conversation, with Fox, about the playcalling. There were certainly things that needed to be improved...

Rohirrim
01-14-2013, 10:16 AM
I think we should bring back Wade Phillips. Because bla bla bla full retard bla bla bla

Hilarious!

gunns
01-14-2013, 05:13 PM

Right?

One game. Before that we were 3rd ranked D. But we can get an offensive minded coach and continue the perennial 8-8 seasons.

broncocalijohn
01-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Don't blame the board, the OP is not a representative of the vast majority.

Btw fwf, where is the "It wouldn't matter who our coach was if DeAngelo Williams could've come in for Knowshon" option?

fwf is in timeout according to the emblem on his post. I think his last post was calling everyone fags and sucking cock. I didn't know that was bannable but I think adding Chris to the Mod mix would lead me to believe they got all touchy feely. Strange because Chris told me once in a post to go suck some cock. But then he PMed me his own and said , "You likey like? Favre has nothing on me!"

SonOfLe-loLang
01-14-2013, 05:47 PM
I know people are desperate to find answers to "improve the team" or "get them over the top," but methinks you will spend a lifetime finding them. Our team is talented. Everything that could go wrong basically went wrong and we still in position to win the game before we ****ed it up again. This team could use some more pieces (and it'll be interesting to see what direction they go), but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Providing we stay healthy, we will be a super bowl competitor next year, as we were this year.

txtebow
01-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Fox does NOT deserve to be fired---2 years; 2 playoff appearances....and if Rahim Moore had the football IQ of a 7th grade back up safety, we are hosting the Patriots this Sunday. Rahim MOORE is who needs to be fired--and ASAP! I am very willing to contribute to funding a billboard asking the front office to do the right thing and cutting this guys PRONTO. Julio ****ING Jones, an ATL WR, plays a better safety than our SAFETY Rahim " I got it..oh sh&t" Moore.....and here is the pic that belongs on the billboard.

txtebow
01-14-2013, 06:04 PM
this would equate to his performance on Saturday...........http://www.azcentral.com/news/free/20130109ohio-exotic-dancer-dies-after-fall-during-performance.html

"CLEVELAND — A 22-year-old exotic dancer has died one week after she was injured in a fall from a second-floor balcony while performing at a club in Cleveland.

MetroHealth Medical Center confirmed the death of Lauren Block of Richmond Heights on Wednesday.

The hospital relayed a family statement expressing appreciation for the community’s support and prayers and efforts to save her life.

A witness told police the woman was dancing for him early on Jan. 2 when she tried to perform a move or jump and fell over the rail head first at Christie’s Cabaret near downtown.

Calls to the club went unanswered Wednesday morning

go_broncos
01-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Fox does NOT deserve to be fired---2 years; 2 playoff appearances....and if Rahim Moore had the football IQ of a 7th grade back up safety, we are hosting the Patriots this Sunday. Rahim MOORE is who needs to be fired--and ASAP! I am very willing to contribute to funding a billboard asking the front office to do the right thing and cutting this guys PRONTO. Julio ****ING Jones, an ATL WR, plays a better safety than our SAFETY Rahim " I got it..oh sh&t" Moore.....and here is the pic that belongs on the billboard.

:(

Turd_Ferguson
01-14-2013, 06:10 PM
As much as I hated how Fox called that game, and as much as I hate his conservative style, and as much as I don't expect him to change, I do think he should get one more year. Not for the reason to be head coach though, I just think he will add some meat to this team in the offseason. Then give him his shot and hopefully he grows some balls and reaches out for glory next year.

I guess I agree with this. I have stuck up for Fox since he got here, but that was terrible on Saturday... I think he has done some good things here, but I was sitting here listening to the end of season press conference, and Fox says "10 times out of 10 I kneel on it and play for OT in that situation."
After I got done puking I started thinking about what its going to feel like when he does this whole Marty Schottenheimer **** show again next year... But unless John Gruden is waiting in the wings begging to coach here I guess stick with Fox.

ZONA
01-14-2013, 06:10 PM
http://api.ning.com/files/xbaS1LGKddOrj7ABXsoB5Upi6QQNRfKqrtGgZs31t5B93DaDSm GesI9fwZDCHEyr0-CJlgMVzt9YRH28Gl2xpw__/WeMustOverreact.jpg

CEH
01-15-2013, 07:27 AM
I agree with you but this is no regular play dude. This is something very basic. Something that is stopped 90 some percent of the time. HTF can you have an admittedly great DC and a defensive HC and you have 3 guys back deep and they complete the bomb? That's very basic.....they don't have to be brilliant to teach guys how to stop that throw in that kind of a defense. There is no excuse for them not having their guys taught how to play it properly.

Blaming the coaches for Moore's epic blunder is ludicrous.